PDA

View Full Version : the second leg

cloudy
18-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Time to stop the negativity lets fill Easter road get 100% behind the team, let's get the place bouncing just like the Athens game.... an early goal and we're right back in it ggtth

Waxy
18-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Exactly. We've done it before and we'll do it again.

Ryan69
18-07-2013, 10:18 PM
The tie is still alive!

Wouldnt it be amazing to have a sold out ER....Id fancy Hibs doing it if so!

madabouthibs
18-07-2013, 10:34 PM
We need to sell this out, its our only chance. :agree:

Pray4Marc
18-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Time to stop the negativity lets fill Easter road get 100% behind the team, let's get the place bouncing just like the Athens game.... an early goal and we're right back in it ggtth

This.. They didn't look upto much 2nd half. We had our chances, was expecting them to pick us off near the end with the fitness advantage but we looked the more likely.

An early goal and we can bring it back. They are overrated. Iam very confident we can score at least twice.

Ryan69
18-07-2013, 10:56 PM
From what I gather Malmo didnt sound too clever at the back either and an early goal and with a full house backing. This is possible....Very possible!

Tollhouse Hibee
19-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Tickets bought this morning! I was not going to go if 3 or 4 last night, but at 2-0 we do have a chance to go thru, but we will need to defend a whole lot better.

GGTTH

lyonhibs
19-07-2013, 07:14 AM
We need to sell this out, its our only chance. :agree:

:confused::confused: Is it? I suspect we are rooked then. What if the team just plays pish, they've done it before in front of 25,000 Hibbies? . Would be very impressed and very surprised if ER was a total sell out for this.

I think we could be capable of doing it, but I don't think that depends on whether there are 15,000,18,000 or 20,000 fans in the stadium at the time

HibbyAndy
19-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Id imagine round about 11k for the 2nd leg.

HFC07
19-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Absolutely, lets get this place rocking.
We're not out yet.
C'mon the hibees...... Allez Allez ooooohhhhh :flag:

Purehibee_MYB
19-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Id imagine round about 11k for the 2nd leg.

I think you might be right but i really hope not. Should be able to get 15k at least for this kind of game

Hibbyradge
19-07-2013, 07:30 AM
If it sells out I'll put Derek Riordan in a bath of beans and get Gramo to jog naked down Leith Walk.

Or something like that.

We won't get anywhere near 14000 never mind sell out.

The Sea-gull
19-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Nice sentiments and would love it to be a sell out but what is our capacity - 22 500 or something like that? No chance we will get anywhere near that for this kind of game at this time of year. We would have to be doing really, really well and have a really, really big game to sell out the ground.

We just don't have the fan base (by that I mean enough people who want to go to games not total number of fans) to sell out a game of this nature.

I agree, this is the sort of game we should get a good crowd for. The team needs our support, there hasn't been a home game in a while, the weather will be fantastic, kids are on school holidays and everyone should be in full summer swing BUT the reasons a lot of people don't go to games will still be there (money is tight, family committments, work, holidays, Hibs are not really showing any signs they are about to set the heather alight).

Plus, the club's attitude towards Europe this season has not exactly been enthusiastic. If we had got all of our signings in, publicised it all a bit more, incentivised the game then things might be different but this does not seem to have happened.

A conservative estimate for next Thursday's crowd would be 8/9k with perhaps around 12k being up at the higher end of the scale. Would be great if we could get 14/15k in though.

Hibby Gav
19-07-2013, 09:53 AM
tickets bought...bringing 2 newbies to sample the Euro party at ER...I know it's going to be tough..maybe beyond us, but lets give it our best...see if we can't put the squits up them with a rockin atmosphere right from the start GGTTH :flag:

Aldo
19-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Trying to get my shift changed as back shift so I can go.

Keith_M
19-07-2013, 12:12 PM
My estimate for next week's attendance: 8-9,000. Based on the fact that Season Tickets don't apply and most folk think the game's already over.

However, I would love to be proved wrong.

p.s. Easter Road's official Capacity is 20,421, for the poster that asked earlier.

Spike Mandela
19-07-2013, 12:19 PM
:confused::confused: Is it? I suspect we are rooked then. What if the team just plays pish, they've done it before in front of 25,000 Hibbies? . Would be very impressed and very surprised if ER was a total sell out for this.

I think we could be capable of doing it, but I don't think that depends on whether there are 15,000,18,000 or 20,000 fans in the stadium at the time

If we can turn this tie around and get Swansea at ER I think we could fill stadium for that tie.

Emerald
19-07-2013, 12:25 PM
My estimate for next week's attendance: 8-9,000. Based on the fact that Season Tickets don't apply and most folk think the game's already over.

p.s. Easter Road's official Capacity is 20,421, for the poster that asked earlier.

Especially when it's just a pre-season frienly to get the fitness up, why should anyone even bother :greengrin

jonny
19-07-2013, 12:32 PM
If we can turn this tie around and get Swansea at ER I think we could fill stadium for that tie.

Agree with this, as long as Hibs maintain a fair price for a ticket and don't do what THEY did and charge £50 a ticket

ackeygraham
19-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Got my ST tickets, but need to get another 6 on Saturday for the NON ST's. If can get the AEK type then would be rocking and had the same deficit of 2-0....it can be done!:agree:

muzzhfc
19-07-2013, 02:55 PM
If, a couple of days before the game, the board should do a "buy one get one half price" type. Anyone who has already bought could get a 2nd one half price. Multiple discounts for multiple tickets. This way we entice people to come along?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Got my tickets.

Sprouleflyer
19-07-2013, 03:55 PM

We managed to get 12500 against Maribor and we were in a worst position.

I would be disappointed if the crowd was less for this game.

GlenrothesHibee
19-07-2013, 04:07 PM
15-16k i reckon. Only half time in the tie and still very much in it

Stringer
19-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Got my ticket.

Looking forward to watching football at it's most direct.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
19-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Got my tickets. Coming up from London. Looking forward to it. GGTTH !

WestEndHibee
19-07-2013, 04:30 PM
That comeback from half time in the Scottish cup semi shows how much a crowd can encourage the team after a goal. When that first goal went in we were 3-1 down but the roar took me aback and obviously spurred the players on and intimidated the opposition, falkirk's defence would never have become so shaky if that goal was only backed by a whisper. Albeit a very different kettle of fish, we have 90 minutes to turn this one around and a crowd can help hugely but the team need to act first with an early goal. I don't think we will sell out but a vociferous crowd can generally make the difference in tight situations.

Sanger
19-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Going down to get ma tickets the Moro in ST seats. Better situation than Maribor. Maybe we'll have a proven goal score. I am going for 14-15,000. Lets rock ER.

sesoim
19-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Unless we sign a couple of fully fit, match sharp strikers who can score goals at a decent level, a good quality CB and a RB, who are all allowed to play next week, I don't see how we can win 3-0 or even 2-0 next week.

The only times under Fenlon when we have managed to turn things around have been when Griffiths has done something amazing, or Fenlon has become desperate and went 4-4-2. We don't have the personnel to do that now thanks to us missing out on players and Fenlon seemingly having little idea, or scope, of who to sign.

patch1875
19-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Was going to book a ticket online £15 for advance purchase but a quid delivery and 1.50 booking. Think I will just PATG:rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
19-07-2013, 06:59 PM
With the prospect of a game against an EPL side I would hope we can hit 14,000 or so. Going up on Monday for tickets, seriously hope I have to book the west coz the East and FF are sold out.

Ach well, ye can dream:greengrin

Gatecrasher
19-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Was going to book a ticket online £15 for advance purchase but a quid delivery and 1.50 booking. Think I will just PATG:rolleyes:
It's dearer on the night, you will be better off paying the booking fee.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Think crowd will be around 12K. Win or lose we will still have made a bit of money and had two pre-season games against a decent side, which will do us more good than uncompetitive friendlies.

Stuarty27
19-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Maybe if we signed a striker it will sell out

Mikey
19-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Maybe if we signed a striker it will sell out

Maybe if we sell out we can sign a striker.

DH1875
19-07-2013, 07:46 PM

:yawn::yawn::yawn:.

The club have already had bids for Leigh and Lyle knocked back. If there was enough cash to put a deal together for either of them, we don't need to sell out the return leg. Was plenty of them going about for free a month ago after all :wink:.

Mikey
19-07-2013, 07:53 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:.

It never ceases to amaze me how unpopular the concept of people actually going to home games continues to be.

DH1875
19-07-2013, 08:11 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how unpopular the concept of people actually going to home games continues to be.

That's not what I'm on about at all. I agree with you, our crowds should be bigger/better and would love to see the Malmo game sell out (never gonna happen though). We should however be in a position to sign players without relying on us selling out a Euro game against Malmo.

Dunderhall
19-07-2013, 08:25 PM
That's not what I'm on about at all. I agree with you, our crowds should be bigger/better and would love to see the Malmo game sell out (never gonna happen though). We should however be in a position to sign players without relying on us selling out a Euro game against Malmo.
True as there should be, and is a budget.
However that budget could increase for transfer fees, signing on fees or wages for better players depending on the crowd.

Stuarty27
19-07-2013, 08:39 PM

By then it will be too late

DH1875
19-07-2013, 08:41 PM
True as there should be, and is a budget.
However that budget could increase for transfer fees, signing on fees or wages for better players depending on the crowd.

Yeh, but like I said. The money was already in place to sign Leigh or Lyle so must have been in the budget already :dunno:. Look at it the other way, how much would a game against Swansea be worth to the club? Bet it's more than the cost of a couple off free transfers.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Think crowd will be around 12K. Win or lose we will still have made a bit of money and had two pre-season games against a decent side, which will do us more good than uncompetitive friendlies.

spot on.

how our green eyed Gorgay neighbours must drool at all that lovely cash pouring in the Hibee coffers....

Dunderhall
19-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Yeh, but like I said. The money was already in place to sign Leigh or Lyle so must have been in the budget already :dunno:. Look at it the other way, how much would a game against Swansea be worth to the club? Bet it's more than the cost of a couple off free transfers.
Money was probably there for LT, who says there was enough for LG though. (not the infamous £150K please :greengrin)
We made an offer for LG and it was rejected.
Debatable whether the reported £250k for LT was good business or too big a risk. I'm on the fence on that one.
Would bringing in LT recently have made a difference on Europe, or any other striker we have been rumoured with apart from LG, don't think anyone would be confident on that IMO.

We are where we are in terms of budget, let's increase it with Swansea as a bonus.

Free transfers come with a signing on fee and/or bigger wage demands becuase of it. Its why players run down their contract and clubs will often offload with a year to go. Less up front for sure but you still have a wage budget over the next 2-3 years to consider

IberianHibernian
19-07-2013, 10:37 PM
15,000 would be an excellent crowd and should ensure some money for club even if we don`t get through . It would also be a much bigger crowd than when Malmo last visited the Holy Ground which was at a time when we got over 30,000 for Derbies and big European matches .

joe breezy
19-07-2013, 11:02 PM
I just want us to qualify

I'd rather we qualify behind closed doors than go out in front of 60 000

DH1875
20-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Money was probably there for LT, who says there was enough for LG though. (not the infamous £150K please :greengrin)
We made an offer for LG and it was rejected.
Debatable whether the reported £250k for LT was good business or too big a risk. I'm on the fence on that one.
Would bringing in LT recently have made a difference on Europe, or any other striker we have been rumoured with apart from LG, don't think anyone would be confident on that IMO.

We are where we are in terms of budget, let's increase it with Swansea as a bonus.

Free transfers come with a signing on fee and/or bigger wage demands becuase of it. Its why players run down their contract and clubs will often offload with a year to go. Less up front for sure but you still have a wage budget over the next 2-3 years to consider

£150K or not, there is or was something within our budget. There were plenty of free transfers about and I'd have liked to have thought we could have got one or two extra through the door, European ties or not.

Bad Habits
20-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Been doing a lot of hibs preaching where I live in harrogate and have blackmailed 3 of my work friends to come up for the tie :aok:

also I may have some fresh meat coming up from my uni on a fairly regular basis next season!

clerriehibs
20-07-2013, 09:34 AM

It doesn't depend, but it's a very significant factor.

clerriehibs
20-07-2013, 09:39 AM

I can't see the difference between going to see Athens when 2 down from the 1st leg, and this one; and the athens game was a virtual sell-out.

Squealing pig
20-07-2013, 09:45 AM
I can't see the difference between going to see Athens when 2 down from the 1st leg, and this one; and the athens game was a virtual sell-out.

Look at the team we had though, id say malmo could be beaten but think they will score at er.

hibIBZ
20-07-2013, 11:18 AM
2 tickets purchased. Was a bit disappointed to see so many tickets available, but its not surprising. If you want better players at the club, buy tickets to go see matches and the club will have more money. We can definetly score against them, IMO the tie isn't over

FromTheCapital
20-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Going to buy 4 tickets. Don't think it will be a complete sell-out but if we can get 17,000 against Hearts then I don't see why we can't get 18-19,000 for a European game? From what I've heard they sounded fairly shaky at the back and I think next time around we can definitely score a couple of goals at least... Need to get a decently early goal i.e 1-0 up at half time and get ER rocking and get behind the team. If it doesn't happen then you can hold your hands up and say you were there but just imagine we do turn this round then you could say you contributed. This tie isn't over, it's nowhere near it... Unless they score. :greengrin

neil7908
20-07-2013, 12:05 PM
My dad has been a big Hibs fan over many years but has stopped going recently (not the place to start going into the why's). Managed to persuade him back and also bringing along the girlfriend so a couple extra tickets sold.

If i'm going to be brutally honest I don't fancy our chances, could see us scoring a couple but equally, think our defence will concede but still have enough hope that we can do something special.

AEK Athens was a great tie for the atmosphere and I'll always remember that game but in the end, I think folk are forgetting we still went out that night:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Would hope to get close to 14-15K but no chance of a sell out. Still even if we get around that number we should still be able to get a decent atmosphere and hope the team can take it from there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-07-2013, 12:17 PM
I doubt the crowd will even half fill the stadium on Thursday, might've been a different story had we played @ ER in the first leg.

Nando™
20-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Tickets been on sale for over a week now, any idea how many have been selt?

Billy McKirdy
20-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Just bought two tickets for the West Stand upper...only £15 each!! How are we gonna fund a new striker for the season ahead? Petrie...Get it sorted!! ;-)

Frazerbob
20-07-2013, 01:10 PM
I doubt the crowd will even half fill the stadium on Thursday, might've been a different story had we played @ ER in the first leg.

Correct, lucky to get 10K IMO.

Bob Box Fish
20-07-2013, 01:11 PM
10-11k tops I'd guess.

Think this games finished not going to bother taking time off work to come up for it.

Oscar T Grouch
20-07-2013, 01:19 PM
That my ticket bought, got one for my wee cuz & her boyfriend too, she's never been to Easter Road before so hopefully we can at least win the game a'la AEK, she might come back on a regular basis :flag: bought a couple of t shirts too, dinae really like the new shop though, seems like its got a lot less stuff in it fi the old one, but tbh I'm not very observant:greengrin

green.and.white
20-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Got my tickets! Winning on the night, even if we go out, will be a good result. Paddy Fenlons!!....

brydekirk
20-07-2013, 01:38 PM
I would be expecting 12k at least, as the tickets are well priced.

rcarter1
20-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Tickets been on sale for over a week now, any idea how many have been selt?

From the stadium plan, It looks like maybe 5000 sold.

booshsutton
20-07-2013, 02:16 PM
6 Purchased in the East this morning, wanted to wait till the season tickets had been free'd up so that I could get tickets for me and my mates around my new season ticket seat. Sadly didn't make the Malmo game due to escalating costs and work pressures, but will make up for it on Thursday.

CB_NO3
20-07-2013, 02:58 PM
There will be no more than 9k there.

seven nowt
20-07-2013, 03:01 PM
2nd leg will be a different game. If we can make it one nil by 60 minutes, we'll be pushing on for that equalizer. If we get that equalizer, the momentum and the crowd will be with us in extra time.

Saying that, an early goal would kill us off..could go either way. Mon the cabbage!

hibsbollah
20-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Im predicting about 12k. Well priced and will be a warm evening so you'll get plenty last minute patg. Would have been more if wed had a better chance of progression.
There was a steady stream of folk in the shop/ticket office this afternoon...

Onion
20-07-2013, 03:13 PM
2nd leg will be a different game. If we can make it one nil by 60 minutes, we'll be pushing on for that equalizer. If we get that equalizer, the momentum and the crowd will be with us in extra time.

Saying that, an early goal would kill us off..could go either way. Mon the cabbage!

Hmm. To win the tie, think we'll need to win it in 90. AEK was a perfect lesson with them knowing that 1 goal in ET would kill us off, which it did. Have always thought, away goals should not count double in ET - too big an advantage for the away side.

With Swansea waiting in the wings, a few new players and a chance of seeing an epic Euro night at ER, I think we could get a decent turnout.

Allan45
20-07-2013, 04:31 PM
It's early days, get behind the team. I'm sure the manager knows where we are as a team.
we had a terrible night against Malmo, and it's frustrating. This Thursday Hibs will win 1-0, or 2-1. I'll be very happy with that, if we manage to go,through, I will feel the same way I did in the scottish cup semi against Falkirk.
all those fans who slate the team should support someone else. Through the hard times and good times, I'll always support Hibs....:flag:

Squealing pig
20-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Amen

edinburghhibee
20-07-2013, 04:50 PM
It's early days, get behind the team. I'm sure the manager knows where we are as a team.
we had a terrible night against Malmo, and it's frustrating. This Thursday Hibs will win 1-0, or 2-1. I'll be very happy with that, if we manage to go,through, I will feel the same way I did in the scottish cup semi against Falkirk.
all those fans who slate the team should support someone else. Through the hard times and good times, I'll always support Hibs....:flag:

Ill support the team through think and thin as well but I will still voice my opinions if I believe they are failing to do basic stuff which lead to stupid goals being conceded such as Thursday night.

Don't get this view on here that because folk aren't happy with something their classed as not supporting the team.

GlenrothesHibee
20-07-2013, 04:56 PM
My mate was down at the ticket office getting our tickets today and was told 11k have been sold. Think its going to be a great atmosphere

jonny
20-07-2013, 05:01 PM

Don't agree with that mate. Thought we lost a daft goal - the freekick was sublime IMHO. We were hanging on a bit at times and big Ben kept us in it but thats why Pat signed him. Generally I thought we did all right against a team halfway through their season and top of a competitive league.
Have no fears about bringing them back to ER and think if we go in at half time without conceding a goal then we still have a fighting chance.

A lot of the posters on here like to vent their frustrations about certain things, some more constructively than others but I don't think it's fair to say that these guys should support someone else, in the large it's these guys that are buying the season tickets and merchandise, probably why they are the most frustrated as they have made a substantial monetary investment as well as the emotional one.

I get the point your making with regard to the overwhelming negativity we sometimes see on threads but come on here after a derby win and there's jizz flying everywhere and we're going to win the league!

GlenrothesHibee
20-07-2013, 05:15 PM
11k sold already

davhibby
20-07-2013, 05:28 PM
11k sold already

Who told you that? Hope that's true!

cabbageandribs1875
20-07-2013, 05:33 PM
is the club store open tomorrow ? had a quick look online and as per cant seem to find any info on the official site :rolleyes:

H18sry
20-07-2013, 05:51 PM
is the club store open tomorrow ? had a quick look online and as per cant seem to find any info on the official site :rolleyes:

Pretty sure the shop only open's on a Sunday if its a match day :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
20-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Pretty sure the shop only open on a Sunday if its a match day :aok:

ah ok ta, i'l leave it till mon/tues then

KuqiKuqiCoo
20-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Just get that new song on the go, bang in a couple goals and send the sad swedes home :na na:

Jones28
20-07-2013, 11:48 PM
A goal before halftime without reply and I think we will be favourites to go through :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-07-2013, 09:13 AM
It will be a difficult task and to be honest with McPake and Hanlon at the back it doesn't really look good in my opinion, will take the pelters for that from happy clappers but it's plain to see they both cannot play together.

Still here's hoping Rowan and OTJ can bulldoze the Malmo defence and get an early goal.

marinello59
21-07-2013, 09:22 AM
It will be a difficult task and to be honest with McPake and Hanlon at the back it doesn't really look good in my opinion, will take the pelters for that from happy clappers but it's plain to see they both cannot play together.

Still here's hoping Rowan and OTJ can bulldoze the Malmo defence and get an early goal.

I was hoping we had seen the end of the happy clapper /doom and gloomer style dismissal of those with differing opinions from our own. You are more likely to get pelters for belittling others than suggesting our defence is poor.

Beefster
21-07-2013, 09:35 AM
I was hoping we had seen the end of the happy clapper /doom and gloomer style dismissal of those with differing opinions from our own.

The 'debate' after the Malmo game comprehensively trashed any notion of that.

Emerald
21-07-2013, 10:22 AM
My mate was down at the ticket office getting our tickets today and was told 11k have been sold. Think its going to be a great atmosphere
Have a look on line at ticket sales, there is nowhere near 11k tickets sold, lucky if 5K have gone. It also looks like thousands of ST holders have not bothered either - yet anyway.

frazeHFC
21-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Not very optimistic about our chances tbh but really hope we can do it! Seems Swansea fans and Malmo fans are already discussing their tie in the next round, lets ruin the party. :devil:

Fair few Swansea would rather it's us and they are right in saying both grounds would be absolutely rocking.

Come on Hibs. :pray:

YehButNoBut
22-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Sounds like there will be a few squeaky bums in Swansea come Thursday as many of them (like a lot of us did) have booked their flights to Malmo/Copenhagen etc.

Lets hope they have to cancel and visit Edinburgh instead. :greengrin

jakeshibs
22-07-2013, 03:28 PM

well said!!!

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Sounds like there will be a few squeaky bums in Swansea come Thursday as many of them (like a lot of us did) have booked their flights to Malmo/Copenhagen etc.

Lets hope they have to cancel and visit Edinburgh instead. :greengrin

Its only money.

RIP
22-07-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm hoping the singing section starts the game

Not come on after 75 minutes like it did at Malmo :greengrin

Are we going to take our shirts oaf and twirl them like we did at the Swedbank

Need to keep up the radgeness

Stringer
22-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Malmo aren't that good we will have chances. BUT there is no danger they won't score against our woeful defence. I imagine the tie will end 1- 3.

YehButNoBut
22-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Its only money.

Very true, but just in case many of them are putting a score on Hibs to qualify (around 10/1) to cover their loss. :greengrin