PDA

View Full Version : NHC Cliftonville v Celtc

harvthehibee
16-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Cliftonville 11/1 - Got to be worth a punt! I know they say don't look in to pre-season form and all that but If Celtic turn up with the wrong attitude as they often do...

Hermit Crab
16-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Got to be worth a punt! I know they say don't look in to pre-season form and all that but If Celtic turn up with the wrong attitude as they often do...

What about the draw?

leither17
16-07-2013, 08:24 PM
9:2

Hermit Crab
16-07-2013, 08:55 PM
9:2

That's a better bet I think.

hibsbollah
16-07-2013, 08:57 PM
:grr: I'm outraged at the spelling error in the OP.

Everyone knows its 'Celtc', not 'Celic'. Have we forgotten the Boruc Game? :not worth

#hibee
16-07-2013, 09:19 PM
:grr: I'm outraged at the spelling error in the OP.

Everyone knows its 'Celtc', not 'Celic'. Have we forgotten the Boruc Game? :not worth
What Boruc Game? Afterall he did have so many great games against us :greengrin

Cabbage East
16-07-2013, 10:09 PM
There's more chance of Princess Diana starting up front for Celtic than Cliftonville winning. There's no value in that bet, Celtic will take them to pieces.

leither17
16-07-2013, 11:33 PM
There's more chance of Princess Diana starting up front for Celtic than Cliftonville winning. There's no value in that bet, Celtic will take them to pieces.

I have a score on it love an outsider

LancashireHibby
16-07-2013, 11:37 PM
I've gone for Hibs to win on Thursday instead at 11/2!

Pretty Boy
17-07-2013, 04:46 AM
This happens every year.

Celtc have a pish pre season and people start talking about them being 'there for the taking'. When it actually matters though they usually get the job done.

hibs4thecup1988
17-07-2013, 07:10 AM
They will squeak a 1-0 win tonight

Sylar
17-07-2013, 11:41 AM

That has "bath of beans" all over it :greengrin

Jamesie
17-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Seen a few people tipping the "both teams to score" bet as the true value in this one (roughly 7/4 with most bookies) but I'm not going near the fixture.

Personally I've gone for a treble of Molde to win in Dublin against Sligo Rovers (1.90), Legia Warsaw to get a win in Oswestry against the Welsh representatives, The New Saints (1.33) and Hungarian champions Gyor ETO FC to win at home against Maccabi Tel Aviv (2.25). The Israeli season hasn't started yet so expect Maccabi to be coming into this one cold. £10 pays £55-odd with bwin.com

Hibstrooper
17-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Is the game on Zitelli?

derek0762
17-07-2013, 12:02 PM
BBC2 Scotland at 7-30

Hibstrooper
17-07-2013, 12:03 PM
BBC2 Scotland at 7-30

Cheers. I'll watch the first 30 before flicking over to The Apprentice then

Future17
17-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Cheers. I'll watch the first 30 before flicking over to The Apprentice then

Rumour has it that the BBC has been advised not to show The Apprentice and the Cliftonville v Celtc match at the same time for fear of inciting religious hatred.

Hibs90
17-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Any sectarian chanting yet?

Wotherspiniesta
17-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Any sectarian chanting yet?

From which end? :greengrin

Guarantee trouble here.

mutley
17-07-2013, 06:54 PM
That Celtic strip it goppin'

BH Hibs
17-07-2013, 06:57 PM
From which end? :greengrin

Guarantee trouble here.

any non sectarian chanting yet? :cb

NOLA
17-07-2013, 06:58 PM
is Samaras trying to look like a hunger striker?

3pm
17-07-2013, 06:59 PM
The boy Boyce is playing for Cliftonville. Needs a couple of insanity DVDs I think.

YehButNoBut
17-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Celtic now 11/10 with Bet365 to be ahead at HT, I'm having a few quid on that. :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
17-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Hearts beating Raith 1-0 just now, in their mind that will mean they'll give us a tanking when we play them.

Raith seem to be dominating the game so might be worth a small investment, currently 15/2.

YehButNoBut
17-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Celtic now 11/10 with Bet365 to be ahead at HT, I'm having a few quid on that. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: 1-0 Celtic £20 on at 11/10

Hearts just gone 2-0 up at Raith.

leither17
17-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Still half a half to go bud

YehButNoBut
17-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Still half a half to go bud

Yeah I know how it works but can't see Cliftonville scoring.

Doesn't matter now as 2-0 Celtic. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
17-07-2013, 07:19 PM
:thumbsup: 1-0 Celtic £20 on at 11/10

Hearts just gone 2-0 up at Raith.

Yet we struggled to get a shot on goal at raith.

leither17
17-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah I know how it works but can't see Cliftonville scoring.

Doesn't matter now as 2-0 Celtic. :greengrin

Well played

NOLA
17-07-2013, 07:56 PM
not seen anything from Liam Boyce yet makes me think he would improve us, well marshalled by celtic though

Sylar
17-07-2013, 08:06 PM
This is a PIRA lovefest.

Boyle89
17-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Watch it on mute, better than listening to their pish songs and craigan. Needing Celtic to get 2 more.

HH81
17-07-2013, 08:10 PM
not seen anything from Liam Boyce yet makes me think he would improve us, well marshalled by celtic though

I don't think he has played too bad? Is it just me?

lumbo_hfc
17-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't think he has played too bad? Is it just me?

I think he has been a clear stand out for them in a rank rotten team! Would be worth another look. doesn't look very fit though!

kevo1875
17-07-2013, 08:22 PM
I think he has been a clear stand out for them in a rank rotten team! Would be worth another look. doesn't look very fit though!

some nice touches n lay offs but looks like he has been blowing out his backside since the hour mark

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Odd to see two teams from the same country play each other so early in the competition.

bingo70
17-07-2013, 08:31 PM

some nice touches n lay offs but looks like he has been blowing out his backside since the hour mark

They've mentioned a few times cliftonville are a part time club, is that all the players or do they have a few full time players?

Either way he's either part time or not in a fully professional team so training etc won't be the same as it would be if he was at a full time club, you'd hope that he'd get fitter with us, although it'd obviously take a few months.

That said i don't think he's look dangerous tonight, not been paying too much attention but i don't recall many shots on goal from him.

lumbo_hfc
17-07-2013, 08:32 PM

Noticed that aswell, is obviously not used to that sort of match tempo. Is still young though, a good preseason and a season in a professional league might sort him out!! looks to have a bit class about him.

Cabbage East
17-07-2013, 08:32 PM
As predicted. Boyce looks ok but is nowhere near fit enough to play in the SPL. He looks fat, lets face it.

GlenrothesHibee
17-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Celtic fans are a disgrace. Surely time for a European ban?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 08:41 PM
As predicted. Boyce looks ok but is nowhere near fit enough to play in the SPL. He looks fat, lets face it.

Agree with this.

jdships
17-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Celtic won comfortably enough in the end - BUT
They looked really ragged at times with the midfield giving the ball away ( was Brown playing as I hardly noticed him)
Back four could be a problem for Lennon as that lot looked as though they had just met on the bus going to the game
On bright spot for me was Forrest - every time he got the ball he made you sit up and take notice .

Credit to C they were really up for it and gave 100% :thumbsup:

RamblingJack
21-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Is it on the tv? i can't see it listed anywhere.And my local bar owner can't find it either.

Sir David Gray
21-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Is it on the tv? i can't see it listed anywhere.And my local bar owner can't find it either.

It's not on any UK channel.

RamblingJack
21-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Thanks for that.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I bet the English authorities cant wait for Celtic to join the English league.
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/8833216/celtic-win-at-brentford

silverhibee
21-07-2013, 01:07 PM

Wrong site :aok:

Sylar
21-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Glad to see it isn't - the **** don't deserve the revenue.

wazoo1875
21-07-2013, 02:25 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/scottish-football/8833216/celtic-win-at-brentford
Ah ken they're a bunch of pricks but that was actually quite funny ! The boy taking the goal kick made me chuckle.

.Sean.
21-07-2013, 03:25 PM
This and singing about Lee Rigby. Vile club followed by the dregs of society.

JIm
21-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Some nice pyro going on at start of game though............

marinello59
21-07-2013, 03:33 PM

That would appear to be made up. Much like the flag they were wrongly accused of flying at the Cup final.
Anyway flares and smoke bombs are all good fun. Invading the pitch and breaking the cross bar when playing in London is a great laugh too.:devil:

Sylar
21-07-2013, 03:50 PM
That would appear to be made up. Much like the flag they were wrongly accused of flying at the Cup final.
Anyway flares and smoke bombs are all good fun. Invading the pitch and breaking the cross bar when playing in London is a great laugh too.:devil:

Really?

Both Brentford fans and some of the travelling Tim hordes acknowledged that it was sung so where has this resoundingly been shot down as fantastical?

marinello59
21-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Really?

Both Brentford fans and some of the travelling Tim hordes acknowledged that it was sung so where has this resoundingly been shot down as fantastical?

I haven't seen that. The limited video footage I have found doesn't seem to have it as a soundtrack and there are Brentford fans saying it wasn't sung. If there are Celtic fans saying it was sung then I guess it must have been though. Where are they putting their hands up to this? (I really don't like visiting their forums, they just annoy me.)

pontius pilate
21-07-2013, 04:05 PM
And again the Scottish press as far as I am aware have not picked up on this vile behaviour. Best fans in the world give me a break. I wish them and the other have of the bigot brigade would just **** off

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Heat up **** and add alcohol and that is what you get. Wasn't last year's isolated incident at Lincoln City?

sixtwo
21-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Scientist have done tests and concluded that old firm fans share 99.9% DNA with vermin!

Kaff
21-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Being spoken about on QPR forum that Celtic fans have been singing 'Lee Rigby won't be drumming anymore' at their friendly vs Brentford.
They truly are Scotlands shame

Allant1981
21-07-2013, 04:29 PM

a friend of mine was at the game at they were defo singing some vile songs accotding to him

Sylar
21-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I haven't seen that. The limited video footage I have found doesn't seem to have it as a soundtrack and there are Brentford fans saying it wasn't sung. If there are Celtic fans saying it was sung then I guess it must have been though. Where are they putting their hands up to this? (I really don't like visiting their forums, they just annoy me.)

There are plenty of things which have happened throughout history which don't have video footage but they did happen :wink:

A couple of Celtc fans have posted on the Brentford fans' forum (I linked to it on the other thread) as well as comments from Celtc fans on local newspaper websites down here saying they were embarrassed at hearing it.

I doubt it was the entire support who were singing it but it was certainly heard.

hibsbollah
21-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Sounds like nonsense to me. Reminiscent of the 'islam banner that wasnt' story.

marinello59
21-07-2013, 04:47 PM
There are plenty of things which have happened throughout history which don't have video footage but they did happen :wink:

A couple of Celtc fans have posted on the Brentford fans' forum (I linked to it on the other thread) as well as comments from Celtc fans on local newspaper websites down here saying they were embarrassed at hearing it.

I doubt it was the entire support who were singing it but it was certainly heard.

I didn't say that because it wasn't on video footage that constituted proof it wasn't sung. And while I am at it I didn't say that it had been resoundingly shot down as you said in your previous post. Maybe your desire for it to be true explains your aggressive dismissal of anybody wanting proof that it was sung. As I previously mentioned the outrage expressed at their Cup final banner proved to be misplaced. If that song was sung by the majority then I will readily join in condemning them en masse for it.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2013, 04:53 PM
As with anything we need proof to find someone guilty. Just because they have been a disgusting organisation for over a 100 years, and have sung some of the most repulsive songs ever heard does not mean they are guilty of this.

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Being spoken about on QPR forum that Celtic fans have been singing 'Lee Rigby won't be drumming anymore' at their friendly vs Brentford.
They truly are Scotlands shame

Somebody put on Facebook that they killed the Lindbergh baby, and that Dr. Crippen was convener of a bus. Vermin, utter vermin.

Down with the sort of thing?

(By the way, what tune were they singing it to).

sbell1875
21-07-2013, 05:00 PM

Without a word of a lie the scenes from Brentford exceed the celebrations some of them had at the Cup Final. I used to think they were worse than the fans of the club that died last year but time and time again they do things that you just shake your head at.

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Not heard about first leg apart from score, was there any trouble in the Ardoyne area, that involved Celtc?

Sylar
21-07-2013, 05:06 PM
I didn't say that because it wasn't on video footage that constituted proof it wasn't sung. And while I am at it I didn't say that it had been resoundingly shot down as you said in your previous post. Maybe your desire for it to be true explains your aggressive dismissal of anybody wanting proof that it was sung. As I previously mentioned the outrage expressed at their Cup final banner proved to be misplaced. If that song was sung by the majority then I will readily join in condemning them en masse for it.

I've absolutely zero desire for it to be true! I despise Celtc, without a doubt but I take no joy in seeing them dredging new depths. Quite frankly, I find it embarrassing to see fans of another "Scottish" club behaving this way (in addition to the rest of their knuckle-dragging antics) and I'd like to hope no football crowd would dive to the depths of singing about the brutal murder of a young British soldier - having said that, it's not like revelling in the death of British military is a new angle for them (hence perhaps my willingness and not desire, to believe they did sing it!).

I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as suitable proof in this instance when fans of both clubs are acknowledging it was heard at the game - again, football forums' aren't a bastion of trustworthy information (nor is Twitter evidently) but the mainstream media aren't going to step up and cover it with just fan accounts to back it.

marinello59
21-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I've absolutely zero desire for it to be true! I despise Celtc, without a doubt but I take no joy in seeing them dredging new depths. Quite frankly, I find it embarrassing to see fans of another "Scottish" club behaving this way (in addition to the rest of their knuckle-dragging antics) and I'd like to hope no football crowd would dive to the depths of singing about the brutal murder of a young British soldier - having said that, it's not like revelling in the death of British military is a new angle for them (hence perhaps my willingness and not desire, to believe they did sing it!).

I'm not exactly sure what constitutes as suitable proof in this instance when fans of both clubs are acknowledging it was heard at the game - again, football forums' aren't a bastion of trustworthy information (nor is Twitter evidently) but the mainstream media aren't going to step up and cover it with just fan accounts to back it.

I won't argue with any of that.
If Celtic fans who were there themselves are coming out and saying it happened then it probably did. A report from the authorities will surely follow if they are guilty. The games rulers down there have no reason to turn a blind eye to their behaviour.

Sir David Gray
21-07-2013, 06:10 PM

I only heard these reports a little while ago.

If this is true and I stress the word 'if' then it's up there as the most despicable thing that I have ever heard from supporters of a Scottish football club.

The authorities must investigate this incident and if a song(s) of this nature was sung by Celtic fans then serious punishments must be handed out. Celtic must also take a leading role in investigating what happened and they have a responsibility to make sure that anyone involved is banned for life from attending any Celtic match.

Words of condemnation are not enough for this and action must be taken.

Iggy Pope
21-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I only heard these reports a little while ago.

If this is true and I stress the word 'if' then it's up there as the most despicable thing that I have ever heard from supporters of a Scottish football club.

The authorities must investigate this incident and if a song(s) of this nature was sung by Celtic fans then serious punishments must be handed out. Celtic must also take a leading role in investigating what happened and they have a responsibility to make sure that anyone involved is banned for life from attending any Celtic match.

Words of condemnation are not enough for this and action must be taken.

I suppose then, they 'must'.

hibsbollah
21-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Without a word of a lie the scenes from Brentford exceed the celebrations some of them had at the Cup Final. I used to think they were worse than the fans of the club that died last year but time and time again they do things that you just shake your head at.

Theres 7 minutes of footage of the brentford pitch invasion on youtube, maybe someone could check for inappropriate singing? (I cant be arsed, personally). I never heard any of the supposed 'ira fest' singing at the Cliftonville game either, and I watched it live throughout (albeit with one eye on something else). And the 'Islam flag that wasnt' farce is already out there. Once something is said online it becomes true, especially if theres no way to DISprove it.

It goes without saying if there does appear to be evidence, I'll be the first to put on my Mr Angry trousers.

Keith_M
21-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Just out of interest, are there ANY Scottish Celtc fans or are they exclusively from Ireland, Palestine and The Basque Country?

:dunno:

Sylar
21-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Theres 7 minutes of footage of the brentford pitch invasion on youtube, maybe someone could check for inappropriate singing? (I cant be arsed, personally). I never heard any of the supposed 'ira fest' singing at the Cliftonville game either, and I watched it live throughout (albeit with one eye on something else). And the 'Islam flag that wasnt' farce is already out there. Once something is said online it becomes true, especially if theres no way to DISprove it.

It goes without saying if there does appear to be evidence, I'll be the first to put on my Mr Angry trousers.

With the greatest of respect, were you watching the game on mute? :greengrin

Whilst it's apparent that this (the Rigby song allegations) comes down to account vs account, there's absolutely no escaping the pro-IRA (and sectarian, which is normally not so evident from that lot) nonsense which was evident throughout the Cliftonville game.

Jonny1875
22-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Just out of interest, are there ANY Scottish Celtc fans or are they exclusively from Ireland, Palestine and The Basque Country?

:dunno:

In Ireland especially the North its basically Celtic or Rangers.. If your a boring, sad and rather narrow-minded individual. Especially the Man United/Celtic fans my life has been filled with.

Jamesie
22-07-2013, 06:26 PM
With the greatest of respect, were you watching the game on mute? :greengrin

Whilst it's apparent that this (the Rigby song allegations) comes down to account vs account, there's absolutely no escaping the pro-IRA (and sectarian, which is normally not so evident from that lot) nonsense which was evident throughout the Cliftonville game.

From what I heard on TV it was basically a rehearsal of most of the Republican song book.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-07-2013, 06:48 PM
There'll be an apologist along just now to tell us whether the repertoire was sectarian or republican.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Is this game on the telly tonight?

Squealing pig
23-07-2013, 03:33 PM
2-1 cliftonville 100-1 get into these celtic bassas

Sir David Gray
23-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Is this game on the telly tonight?

No.

Sylar
23-07-2013, 07:03 PM