PDA

View Full Version : Vine & Tudor Jones?

Cocaine&Caviar
16-07-2013, 09:21 AM
What types of players are they?

Vine?? Target Man, No10, Winger?

OTJ?: Ball Winner, Attacking Mid, Anchor Man, Playmarker?

SlickShoes
16-07-2013, 09:23 AM
OTJ, Matty Jack role.

Vine, Support attacker/winger like Doyle but hopefully with a bit more composure.

Andy74
16-07-2013, 09:32 AM
What types of players are they?

Vine?? Target Man, No10, Winger?

OTJ?: Ball Winner, Attacking Mid, Anchor Man, Playmarker?

Vine is a bearded type of player and OTJ a very tall one.

Dibben
16-07-2013, 10:10 AM

We've been crying out for these types of player for years...

The Leith Dutch
16-07-2013, 10:45 AM
We've been crying out for these types of player for years...

Surely if that were true we'd have broken the bank for James Dayton?
He had the kind of beard that would make ZZ Top look to become a four piece.......

Bostonhibby
16-07-2013, 10:47 AM

We need to start putting the two together and finding a player who can fill more than one role. Don't see us ever progressing until we go for players with tall beards, I am sure its Petries moustachiod preference that's the problem.

I don't know much about Tudor Jones but Vine is a real good player when he wants to be and looking forward to seeing him play.

LioNeilMessi
16-07-2013, 12:33 PM
We need to start putting the two together and finding a player who can fill more than one role. Don't see us ever progressing until we go for players with tall beards, I am sure its Petries moustachiod preference that's the problem.

I don't know much about Tudor Jones but Vine is a real good player when he wants to be and looking forward to seeing him play.

Only seen him play us and he seemed a good player then. He must of been doing something right to make 30 appearances for Saints who finished third. :agree:

green.and.white
16-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Only seen him play us and he seemed a good player then. He must of been doing something right to make 30 appearances for Saints who finished third. :agree:

That's what we were saying about Clancy last year..... :devil:

Seriously though, Liam Craig and The Beard were important players for Saints last year so both will be good additions :agree:

Speedway
16-07-2013, 01:30 PM
That's what we were saying about Clancy last year..... :devil:

Seriously though, Liam Craig and The Beard were important players for Saints last year so both will be good additions :agree:

So we've got 'the tashe', we've got 'the beard', now we just need to sign the 'chinstrap'.

Is Anders Brevik available on a free yet?

green.and.white
16-07-2013, 01:46 PM
So we've got 'the tashe', we've got 'the beard', now we just need to sign the 'chinstrap'.

Cue 3 pages of puns :greengrin

We could have Jose Bosingwa - 'The Eyebrow'

Speedway
16-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Cue 3 pages of puns :greengrin

We could have Jose Bosingwa - 'The Eyebrow'

Brevik described the chances of him coming to Hibs as a 'longshot'.

green.and.white
16-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Brevik described the chances of him coming to Hibs as a 'longshot'.

He would add much needed firepower to our attack

LeithBoozy
16-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Perhaps Pat will surprise us all and play Vine as an attacking midfielder,OTJ as a hard to stop scoring CF. Well see what happened when some boss decided to try P Hartley in midfield!, you never know. :wink:

sesoim
16-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Surely if that were true we'd have broken the bank for James Dayton?
He had the kind of beard that would make ZZ Top look to become a four piece.......

Imagine how many goals Griffiths would have scored with a Dayton beard.

Maybe we should encourage Handling and Caldwell to grow beards, or at least some bum fluff, seeing as Fenlon has an aversion to signing experienced forwards who have already proved themselves to be reliable beard growers.

sesoim
16-07-2013, 02:41 PM

Ross Co finished higher than us with players who couldn't get a game at Hibs. I'm not sure what that means, but it doesn't really reflect well on our manager/coaches.

green.and.white
16-07-2013, 02:47 PM
McPake should go for the Pique look, shaven head with beard

Stevie Reid
16-07-2013, 02:59 PM

I think we missed the boat on that one.

Sumner
16-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Vine will add that bearded hillbilly look the side has been lacking.
OTJ adds a presence at corners of Stevenson with Horribine on his shoulders.

FromTheCapital
16-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I think that Vine is more of a creator than a goal scorer. Tore us apart at Easter Road with his trickery and directness. Like said about Vine, I think he will be a bit like Doyle but able to create chances and also take them when they come along which was Doyle's main problem for me. Tudur-Jones in my opinion is a physical midfielder. Strong and tall and from what I saw last season, a very good footballer. It will help us create a stronger midfield. We appear to be building a strong squad and I think we will be challenging for 2nd place next season. We've been crying out for these types of players for ages and now I hope Fenlon can bring in a natural goal scorer, someone like Griffiths but maybe a bit more physical and stronger, and then we would have a very strong team.

:flag:

PISTOL1875
16-07-2013, 05:09 PM
I think that Vine is more of a creator than a goal scorer. Tore us apart at Easter Road with his trickery and directness. Like said about Vine, I think he will be a bit like Doyle but able to create chances and also take them when they come along which was Doyle's main problem for me. Tudur-Jones in my opinion is a physical midfielder. Strong and tall and from what I saw last season, a very good footballer. It will help us create a stronger midfield. We appear to be building a strong squad and I think we will be challenging for 2nd place next season. We've been crying out for these types of players for ages and now I hope Fenlon can bring in a natural goal scorer, someone like Griffiths but maybe a bit more physical and stronger, and then we would have a very strong team.

:flag:

You obviously weren't at Raith on friday night.. :confused::confused::confused:

SaulGoodman
16-07-2013, 05:37 PM

Oh are we starting this pish already?

FromTheCapital
16-07-2013, 05:57 PM
So you are going to judge a player on one match? Behave. :rolleyes:

Keith_M
16-07-2013, 06:02 PM
If we somehow manage to combine Vine and Tudor-Jones, would we end up with a Vinnie Jones type player?

ancient hibee
16-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Had my first ever drink in the Vine.Unfortunately my mother saw me coming out.So I have mixed feelings here.Rowan's a funny name for a striker -Grape sounds better.

Own Tudor Jones -is this a half back line?(Get your dads to tell you what that is).

jacomo
16-07-2013, 06:34 PM
If we somehow manage to combine Vine and Tudor-Jones, would we end up with a Vinnie Jones type player?

Is this why we didn't sign McManus?

I am now concerned by the distinct lack of moustachioed players within the squad. Perhaps Petrie won't sign any for fear that his own slug-balancer might get overshadowed?

The Green Goblin
16-07-2013, 06:36 PM

Maybe we could merge them in a dastardly scientific experiment at East Mains and play our new midfield hard man: Vine Jones. :greengrin

Edit: Just scrolled up..... Damn you Keekaboo. Damn you!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

heretoday
16-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Neither of them will be world beaters. Let's just hope they have a spark of something or other.

...WentToMowAnSPL
16-07-2013, 06:54 PM
I think that's where we went wrong with Wotherspoon : despite all the game time he never convinced Pat he had the capability to grow a beard of such substance :-)

Keith_M
16-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Maybe we could merge them in a dastardly scientific experiment at East Mains and play our new midfield hard man: Vine Jones. :greengrin

Edit: Just scrolled up..... Damn you Keekaboo. Damn you!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Tooooooooooooooo slow

:na na:

Speedway
16-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Vine is like an attacking strike threat marksman whereas Tudor Jones is half timbered - he has a wooden frame and the spaces between are filled with small sticks and wet clay called wattle and daub.

He's best known for his 'black-and-white' effect.

Unseen work
16-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Actually always liked Tudor jones when iv seen him. Big strong lad who likes a challenge, sayin that could struggle to get past taiwo Thomson Craig etc for a starting place but verrrry good back up especially when compared to Deegan etc

Viva_Palmeiras
16-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Had my first ever drink in the Vine.Unfortunately my mother saw me coming out.So I have mixed feelings here.Rowan's a funny name for a striker -Grape sounds better.

Own Tudor Jones -is this a half back line?(Get your dads to tell you what that is).

I also had my first drink in the Vine. It
Didn't put me off ;)

The Green Goblin
16-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Tooooooooooooooo slow

:na na:

:greengrin