PDA

View Full Version : Another victim of the booze culture ...? (Wilkins)

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2013, 11:10 PM
A blast from the past - Miller's "jumping the shark" signing in trouble...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23316810

edinburghhibee
16-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Wait till it hits the daily rag or the Hun and it'll read "former hibs bad boy arrested after night with LG and GOC"

God Petrie
16-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Hope he gets nailed. My most hated hibs player of all time.

monktonharp
16-07-2013, 12:21 AM
well well. wait till the Sun gets a hold of this. ex-Hibs player huckled for being on the peeve. denies all knowledge of taking a loan of Garry's Jaguar without permission and never skelped it intae a bridge.

Auckland Hibs
16-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Hope he gets nailed. My most hated hibs player of all time.

Applauded the huns fans at ER when walking off the pitch (who in turn gave him a standing ovation) - remember quite a few hibees in the east terracing going radio-rental about this back in the day (can't recall the score line but I think we got beat).

To be fair, I met him a couple of times and he seemed like a very decent bloke - remember a former Hibee telling me the day he left ER he came into the dressing room and gave every one of the team (including youth guys) his mobile number telling them that if they ever needed any help or career advice then to call him.

Apparently more in common with GOC than just getting boozed and driving - I wonder why he was emptied from Cheski so suddenly? :hmmm:

Pretty Boy
16-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Wait till it hits the daily rag or the Hun and it'll read "former hibs bad boy arrested after night with LG and GOC"

Na he's a hun so expect:

'Legendary Rangers hero victim of Police incompetence'

jodjam
16-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Was he done for driving sideways

gogsy23
16-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Theres a pic of andy carroll wasted at the weekend on faceache. Fotty accumulator page.

macca70
16-07-2013, 06:05 AM
Surprised he has made it out of the centre circle at ER.

From all his time with us, I'm sure he lived there. He never moved out of that 20 yard space.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-07-2013, 06:13 AM

Hehe 10/10

CyberSauzee
16-07-2013, 06:15 AM

Superb!

random sub
16-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Surprised he has made it out of the centre circle at ER.

From all his time with us, I'm sure he lived there. He never moved out of that 20 yard space.

Genuinely one of the worst Hibs players I have ever seen. Okay, he could pick a pass but he couldn't move! I just remember being really embarrassed that we had signed him and his patronising attitude towards us (twilight move, good enough for Hibs but not good enough for Rangers etc)

Speedy
16-07-2013, 07:30 AM
3 times the legal limit and too drunk to stand?

Isn't that about 6 pints?

Bostonhibby
16-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Couldn't he evade his responsibilities here by doing a Hun and liquidising himself and emerging later as The Ray Wilkins?

Treadstone
16-07-2013, 07:46 AM

"He'll be disappointed with that, Martin"

Hibernia Na Eir
16-07-2013, 07:50 AM
goodbye sky job (and any other future job)

Pedantic_Hibee
16-07-2013, 08:11 AM
My word!

GraniteCityHibs
16-07-2013, 08:16 AM
"He'll be disappointed with that, Martin"

Yes, I always thought he was an exceptionally talented driver.

jdships
16-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Applauded the huns fans at ER when walking off the pitch (who in turn gave him a standing ovation) - remember quite a few hibees in the east terracing going radio-rental about this back in the day (can't recall the score line but I think we got beat).

To be fair, I met him a couple of times and he seemed like a very decent bloke - remember a former Hibee telling me the day he left ER he came into the dressing room and gave every one of the team (including youth guys) his mobile number telling them that if they ever needed any help or career advice then to call him.

Apparently more in common with GOC than just getting boozed and driving - I wonder why he was emptied from Cheski so suddenly? :hmmm:

Yes I met him in a hotel in George Street when he with Hibs and he was interesting to speak to .
Even then appeared to like " the sauce " :rolleyes:

heretoday
16-07-2013, 08:29 AM
This all belies his Gentleman Jim persona. I always think he comes over like the late Keith Moon i.e. a London lad made good who goes about calling folk "old chap" and whatnot.

The best bit is PC Skidmore the arresting officer! You wouldn't read about it.

Treadstone
16-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Yes, I always thought he was an exceptionally talented driver.

A few years ago during his punditry of a game he gave Rio Ferdinand a piece of advice, which RF made fun of on his twitter. It was trending again yesterday.

#stayonyourfeet
:faf:

basehibby
16-07-2013, 08:58 AM

Wasn't that at Ibrox - after he'd just played in a Hibs team that got horsed 7-0 there?

Was an extremely ill-judged thing to do - I'd always had time for him as he came accross as a decent bloke, but I hated his guts for that.

A great player in his day, he turned out to be possibly Alex Miller's worse ever signing - made Edwin Van de Graaf look like an olympic sprinter.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-07-2013, 09:23 AM
too drunk to stand?

No. :-)

Killiehibbie
16-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Isn't that about 6 pints?Vodka tops?

Keith_M
16-07-2013, 09:35 AM
I vividly remember a game at East End Park when the Pars 'tactics' amounted to a constant stream of long punts up to a couple of giant strikers. Wilkins was getting dogs abuse for not touching the ball, which I felt was a bit unfair as all the midfield could do was watch it flying over their heads.

I'm sure he was taken of the pitch with a serious crick in the neck :greengrin

ballengeich
16-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Probably so drunk he thought he was back in Glasgow and could square things with the police by a handshake.

He belongs in Hibs' all-time worst team. Sportsmen should know when to retire.

Hibercelona
16-07-2013, 09:41 AM

Depends on weight, gender.... etc

But i'd say that in his case, it probably wouldn't even be as much as 6 pints, more like 3-4 pints.

It doesn't really add up.

blackpoolhibs
16-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Anyone think he could still do a job for us?

Treadstone
16-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Wasn't that at Ibrox - after he'd just played in a Hibs team that got horsed 7-0 there?

Was an extremely ill-judged thing to do - I'd always had time for him as he came accross as a decent bloke, but I hated his guts for that.

A great player in his day, he turned out to be possibly Alex Miller's worse ever signing - made Edwin Van de Graaf look like an olympic sprinter.

Definitely at Easter Road. There was a league cup game at Ibrox when we were getting beat 2-0 at half time and he was laughing and joking with a Rangers player going towards the tunnel arms round each other.

Treadstone
16-07-2013, 09:46 AM

Alex Miller !:bevvied!:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Apparently, he did the old " do you know who I am?" rountine, and when the Policeman said that he recognised him from Masterchef, that is when it all kicked off.

IWasThere2016
16-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Absolute gent Wilkins but he should get hammered (pardon the pun) for this!

cabbageandribs1875
16-07-2013, 02:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23330760

Former England and Chelsea footballer Ray Wilkins has told a court he had just two glasses of red wine before being pulled over by police

lying ***** ******,* give him 18 months just for the contempt of court alone

Pretty Boy
16-07-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23330760

Former England and Chelsea footballer Ray Wilkins has told a court he had just two glasses of red wine before being pulled over by police

lying ***** ******,* give him 18 months just for the contempt of court alone

In fairness 2 large glasses of red would tie in with him bein about 3 times the legal limit.

That's in no way meant as a defence of him by the way. Drinkbdrivers are erseholes.

Sumner
16-07-2013, 03:06 PM
His readings show he was way over. Guilty.
His defence that the police radio interferes
with the breathalyzer is desperate. Guilty.

cabbageandribs1875
16-07-2013, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;3677040]In fairness 2 large glasses of red would tie in with him bein about 3 times the legal limit.

just realised that after a quick google :) one large glass can equal 3 units, so that's 6 units, then umpteen other things that can have an effect, like weight etc

That's in no way meant as a defence of him by the way. Drinkdrivers are erseholes.[/QUO

:agree:

Bostonhibby
16-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Could he fill the Garry O'Connor role? we have lacked a real off field personality / waster for a bit now :offski:

Bostonhibby
16-07-2013, 03:54 PM

Have you ever tried blowing into a breathalyzer with a radio in the way? the very fact he sems to have attempted it is good enough for me, off with his head...............

edinburghhibee
16-07-2013, 04:12 PM

If the cop carried out the procedure correctly his radio would have been turned to a different mode that doesn't interfere with the machine. Clutching at straws I guess.

God Petrie
16-07-2013, 04:18 PM

The incident I remember was at Ibrox - think we were getting beat 4-0 and he was applauded off the park by the Rangers fans. He made a point of applauding them back. Remember being absolutely disgusted.

greenlex
16-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Pulled over? Aye right. I heard he drive onto a roundabout and mistakenly thought it was the centre circle so refused point blank to move.

CyberSauzee
16-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Pulled over? Aye right. I heard he drive onto a roundabout and mistakenly thought it was the centre circle so refused point blank to move.

:greengrin :hibees

PatHead
17-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Found guilty. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23350642

ancient hibee
17-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Evidently when he was bailed on the charge of being 3 times the limit he was caught again-this time 4 times the limit.

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2013, 11:02 PM
what a ****** great result for the serial drink-driver eh :bitchy: hope he doesn't kill some poor **** the next time....:rolleyes:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/5019626/ray-wilkins-found-guilty-of-drink-driving.html

The retired Hibernian and Chelsea midfielder stank of booze and was slurring his words when he was pulled over in his Jaguar XJ on May 7

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/5019626/ray-wilkins-found-guilty-of-drink-driving.html#ixzz2ZLYbk6rP

i'm begining to understand why some folks hate the sun newspaper :agree:

Baader
18-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Definitely at Easter Road. There was a league cup game at Ibrox when we were getting beat 2-0 at half time and he was laughing and joking with a Rangers player going towards the tunnel arms round each other.

The applauding of the manky Hun hoards was definitely at ER.

I remember his debut for us - was so late in a challenge that could have easily been a red even the ref seemed to take pity knowing he really should not have been playing that level at his age and let it go after some 'gentle words' from Ray.

Wasn't his fault he was well past iit when given the chance to sign for us. Only one man is to blame for that... Chuckles Miller had lost it by then

An aside but you do know Wilkins was the voice in the Tango slapping advert?!

Frazerbob
18-07-2013, 10:38 AM
The applauding of the manky Hun hoards was definitely at ER.

I remember his debut for us - was so late in a challenge that could have easily been a red even the ref seemed to take pity knowing he really should not have been playing that level at his age and let it go after some 'gentle words' from Ray.

Wasn't his fault he was well past iit when given the chance to sign for us. Only one man is to blame for that... Chuckles Miller had lost it by then

An aside but you do know Wilkins was the voice in the Tango slapping advert?!

He definitely did it at Ibrox as well when being subbed. Can't remember the actual game though.

I don't have a problem with it to be honest as long he also clapped us, which he did. He's a legend at Rangers. Just like when Ivan applauded the Hibs fans when turning out for Ross County.