PDA

View Full Version : Companies/Groups that Advertise or Sponsor at ER...?

sambajustice
15-07-2013, 09:11 PM
About 5 years ago guys I posted a thread on this exact same topic and now i'm asking again! :greengrin

So can anyone remember from last season any of the companies/groups that advertised around Easter Road? Either in the stadium or on the pitch side hoardings? I can't, hence the reason i'm asking!

The purpose of wanting to find this info out is because i'm organising (another) Subbuteo tournament at the stadium at the end of the September and going to possibly write to a few people/places to see if anyone fancies being an event sponsor.

The last time I asked this on the forum I ended up getting 2 sponsors from suggestions that people made so this is a great place to start again. It was a long time ago though so dont want to go back to those people and pester them, they did their bit a few years ago!

We'll have players coming from Europe and all over the UK so its a fairly big deal in the small Subbuteo world. Subbuteo is also coming back into the shops and its also an event to sort of promote our game and anyone will be welcome to turn up and watch/play.

I'm also working on perhaps getting a table in the club shop in the week leading up to the event so that anyone passing by can go in and have a shot on it. Any sponsor we got would get their own miniature advertising on the pitch surrounds as part of the deal. Its all early stage ideas but its something I hope I can pull off.

Anyway, thats a brief round up, dont want to go to far off the point. If any helpful people can remember any of the advertisers at the ground from last season i'll set about getting in touch with them. Been trying to look at some pictures on the Hibs website but its mostly action shots and cant see the pitch side adverts.

cheers folks :thumbsup::aok:

Mr White
15-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Rainbow communications and crabbies: the obvious ones :greengrin

BigKev
15-07-2013, 09:17 PM
What about the taxi people? Can't mind what they were called... All the 7's in their number?

hibee
15-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Vittoria Restaurant and La Favorita

sauzee=legend
15-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Edinburgh city private hire had their advert in the corner of the north/east and also in the match program every week.

Twiglet
15-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Got some pics from last season, so here goes, from what I can make out from behind players:

South lower (east to west):

City Cabs
ESPN
Clydesdale Bank
ESPC
Puma
Daily Record/Sunday Mail
Crabbies
At least 1 more I think, but photo cuts off at Crabbies

South upper:

Rainbow Communications

East/South corner:

Billboard:

Annan

Board on ground:

Murray Volvo

These were there on last day of season. Will try and find the other 2 stands and can post/pm you them (if it's not ok to post them all up here).

Scouse Hibee
15-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Cornhill Building Services

Mr White
15-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Tradepoint had one I think.

givescotlandfreedom
15-07-2013, 09:26 PM
What about the taxi people? Can't mind what they were called... All the 7's in their number?

:agree: persevere private hire

Twiglet
15-07-2013, 09:38 PM
East (South to FF):

Scotbet
Crabbies
Puma
Annan Solicitors
Clydesdale Bank

Corner:
Clubstore

Billboard:

Crabbies

Think there's a fishy site one in the corner near the south too next to the Volvo one, but all I can make out is .com in green letters

sambajustice
16-07-2013, 10:23 AM
cheers folks,

thanks for the help so far! Will probably get onto a couple of these places and see if they're interested at all, perhaps not but no harm in asking!

If you can think of any more, just write them down!

Thanks again!

VickMackie
16-07-2013, 02:29 PM
I've always thought it would be a good idea to have a stickie on here with a link to all hibs' sponsors.

It may help drive even a tiny bit of extra sponsorship or renewal.

erin go bragh
16-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Bss gas

ggtth

Hibby Bairn
16-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Fairbairns Off Licence
Tartan Special
The Pink
Silver Line Coaches
Leith Provident
Ronnie Simpsons Sports Shop
Americana Discotheque
How of Lothian Road

Obviously all before Sky existed!

Ozyhibby
16-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Trinity Glazing

Hibby Bairn
16-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Fairbairns Off Licence
Tartan Special
The Pink
Silver Line Coaches
Leith Provident
Ronnie Simpsons Sports Shop
Americana Discotheque
How of Lothian Road

Obviously all before Sky existed!

Wilbur
17-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Giovannis chippy at northfield.

sambajustice
18-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks again for the answers! Looking for current advertisers rather than ones from years gone by. Aim/hope is to get someone to sponsor our event at Easter Road in September.

Thanks again everyone!