PDA

View Full Version : SPL select team (without celtic)

cloudy
15-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Few people seem a bit unhappy with pats signings but as I've stated in an other thread it's proving difficult to attract players to Scotland... it got me thinking if you had the pick of the SPL what would your team be without including Celtic players... pointless but could be interesting...

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Few people seem a bit unhappy with pats signings but as I've stated in an other thread it's proving difficult to attract players to Scotland... it got me thinking if you had the pick of the SPL what would your team be without including Celtic players... pointless but could be interesting...

With Hibs players (4-5-1):-

Williams (Hibs)

McKay (St Johnstone) - Reynolds (Aberdeen) - Hutchison (Motherwell) - Hammill (Motherwell)

Harris (Hibs) - McFadden (Motherwell) - Brittain (Ross County) - Craig (Hibs) - McKay-Steven (Dundee United)

McGinn (Aberdeen)

Without Hibs players - as above with McGinn swapping with Harris and Billy McKay coming in up front and Paul McGowan of St Mirren or Ian Vigurs of Motherwell in for Liam Craig.

If Claros was signed for Hibs then would have had him in ahead of Brittain. Also thought about KT but he's not proven himself enough yet. Same with Stephen McManus but on paper these two would definitely be there or there abouts.

frazeHFC
15-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Hearts U20 squad obviously. :devil:

Randolph (still there?)

Reynolds
Hutchinson
Gunning

Harris
Brittain
Craig
Armstrong
Macaky-Steven

McGinn
Goodwillie

Armstrong of Dundee Utd will become huge imo, Scotland star of the future. At Tannadice in the 2-2 he really impressed and every time ive seen him for Utd or Scotland U21s/19s everything about him makes me think he will end up in the EPL.

hfc rd
15-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Hearts U20 squad obviously. :devil:

Randolph (still there?)

Reynolds
Hutchinson
Gunning

Harris
Brittain
Craig
Armstrong
Macaky-Steven

McGinn
Goodwillie

Armstrong of Dundee Utd will become huge imo, Scotland star of the future. At Tannadice in the 2-2 he really impressed and every time ive seen him for Utd or Scotland U21s/19s everything about him makes me think he will end up in the EPL.

Randolph is away to Birmingham City.

cloudy
15-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Williams
Hately?? Hutchinson Mcpake mcgivern
Harris Thomson Craig McKay-Steven
Mcginn McKay

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Williams
Hately?? Hutchinson Mcpake mcgivern
Harris Thomson Craig McKay-Steven
Mcginn McKay

Gone - never showed up to Motherwell's pre-season and McCall said that if he and Higdon didn't show then he was taking that as a final no to their contract offers.

McCall seemed to think he was heading to England. Would have been a good signing but I doubt we could offer what he'll be getting offered elsewhere and he is a full back/defensive midfielder where we have enough cover and while we should always look to add quality we simply need to prioritise other areas just now.

McPake? Fair enough each to their own but a lot of people would not have him as first pick in a Hibs side never mind a SPL select.

.Sean.
15-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Ben Williams. Dave MacKay, Darren McGregor, Stephen McManus, Lewis Stevenson. Iain Vigurs, Kevin Thomson, Paul McGowan, Gary Mackay-Steven. Billy Mackay, David Goodwillie. The SPL really is piss poor and for some reason shift isn't working on .net!

sambajustice
15-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Barry Robson would probably have to be in there!

AlbertK86
15-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Ben Williams. Dave MacKay, Darren McGregor, Stephen McManus, Lewis Stevenson. Iain Vigurs, Kevin Thomson, Paul McGowan, Gary Mackay-Steven. Billy Mackay, David Goodwillie. The SPL really is piss poor and for some reason shift isn't working on .net!

You been drinking ? McKay and Stevenson as full backs ?!?

Cauld Bovril
15-07-2013, 06:33 PM

If it hadn`t been for horrendous injuries I think McGregor would`ve got himself a move to a bigger club. I hope he kicks on this season, he deserves a bit of good fortune.

.Sean.
15-07-2013, 06:35 PM
You been drinking ? McKay and Stevenson as full backs ?!?
Dave Mackay of St Johnstone and the same Lewis Stevenson who has been our most consistent performer for about 2 years? Who do you suggest like?

.Sean.
15-07-2013, 06:36 PM
If it hadn`t been for horrendous injuries I think McGregor would`ve got himself a move to a bigger club. I hope he kicks on this season, he deserves a bit of good fortune.
Good Hibby aswell.

The Modfather
15-07-2013, 06:39 PM
the same Lewis Stevenson who has been our most consistent performer for about 2 years?

Not quite sure that is all that much to crow about given our performances and league finishes the last 2 years. Although, got a lot of respect for Stevenson as he gives his all whenever he trains.