PDA

View Full Version : Thommo and Vine signed (official)

jackh1875
13-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Rowan vine and thommo just signed 1 year deals.

Liams
13-07-2013, 08:59 AM
1year deal on twitter

nribs
13-07-2013, 09:02 AM
1year deal on twitter
Who's twitter?

Col2
13-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Great news. Two experienced players. Another striker before transfer window and we are looking good squad wise.

nribs
13-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Oh its on the offishel :) good news

SlickShoes
13-07-2013, 09:03 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130713/thomson-and-vine-agree-deals_2262950_3236637

Chuck Rhoades
13-07-2013, 09:10 AM
So underwhelming.

Diclonius
13-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Good news. Now for another striker. :aok:

matty_f
13-07-2013, 09:12 AM
So underwhelming.

Really?

Dibben
13-07-2013, 09:14 AM
So underwhelming.

Really???

This is great news. I'm sure Vine won't be the only forward signed, especially if you believe all the reports about Hibs looking to spend some cash on a forward!

R'Albin
So underwhelming.

A lot of the St Johnstone players and fans seemed to feel that way when they heard the news of him signing for us anyway.

Tom Hart RIP
Great news. Vine was outstanding in his last game at ER. Scored twice I think.
I would have chosen him over Lyle Taylor.
Pleased about KT as well.
Good season ahead

Tollhouse Hibee
13-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Vine always looked dangerous for StJ when he played against us and thommo wil be a sure starter in midweek based on last night.

Positive signs and a bit of experience to help out the young boys up front! Vine only scored 7 goals last season

Hermit Crab
13-07-2013, 09:15 AM
So underwhelming.

You've caught a few already. Gone fishing.

Billy Whizz
13-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Why weren't they involved last night?????

Chuck Rhoades
Really?

Yes. Vine is very average at best.

Pleased about KT.

cocopops1875
Really?

Kinda see BR's point it's another midfielder not massively different to the ones have plenty of, I like KT but is he needed ? Can we get some others out the door ? As for Vine I can't really say he ever stood out but that maybe says more about my memory

Chuck Rhoades
13-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Really???

This is great news. I'm sure Vine won't be the only forward signed, especially if you believe all the reports about Hibs looking to spend some cash on a forward!

18 goals since 2007? Sorry im not overwhelmed!

Gordy M
13-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Yes. Vine is very average at best.

Pleased about KT.

I have only see him against us, where he played well. I take it you have seen him play, apart from against hibs? He seems to have a good 'assist' record which we have been crying out for!??

JDHibs
13-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Brlliant

Chuck Rhoades
13-07-2013, 09:21 AM
I'll support and back him all the way and hope he can bang in double figures. However, 18 goals in 152 apps doesn't fill me with confidence.

hibs4thecup1988
13-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Unreal, cannot please everyone.

Thomson CLEARLY has feelings for the club that he would play for nothing to try and earn a contract, Pat obviously feels he has done this! And in regards to "another" midfielder...I think this says that Claros will not be coming back.

As for Vine...people screaming out for a striker. How about we try and back Pat? He maybe thinks the experience of Vine and the youthfulness of Caldwell could be enough for the European ties? I have not heard that we are looking to spend cash on a striker, but if we are then fantastic.

Written off before they have even been paraded in a Hibs shirt...now where have I saw that before...:rolleyes:

GlenrothesHibee
13-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Happy with Vine. And KT signing is a relief! We had no quality in the middle of the park last night

Pretty Boy
13-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Happy enough with this.

If KT can get a good pre season behind him then he's still a good player.

Vine will bring far more to the team than goalscoring, he's quite a creative type and that's something we are desperate for almost as much as goals.

gegs70
13-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Is vine better than Doyle and more mobile than Kuqi..?

I though st johnstone played vine as a winger?

Gordy M
13-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Happy enough with this.

If KT can get a good pre season behind him then he's still a good player.

Vine will bring far more to the team than goalscoring, he's quite a creative type and that's something we are desperate for almost as much as goals.

100%, we need some creativity just behind the strikers, cairney did it to begin with then kinda fell away, and i think harris will create for us but is still young so may be inconsistent. Vine hopefully will bring that creativity and experience....and maybe score a few goals as well.

PeterboroHibee
13-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Im happy with these signings.

In Vine we have an experienced striker in for the European games, who can also provide back up to the wingers (we are quite short in that position). I imagine we will still be after another striker so there will be good competition there.

Thomson also provides us with depth in the midfield position, and we all know he is a good player.

When you look at some of the guys other teams have been signing, they are essentially relying on gambles (United have signed two guys from Hayes and Yeading for example). They may turn out to be good signings, but every player we have signed is an experienced, established SPL player (except Mullen but he is just a kid). Id much rather be in this position.

Eternal Hibbie
13-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Tin hat on but completely underwhelmed by this belated news from ER.

Thomson has been confirmed by posters on here for several days now and Vine appears to be another cheap option, probably a direct replacement for Doyle and, as others have already pointed out is not a prolific goalscorer, having said that I obviously hope he does very well here.

After last night's toothless performance some kind of action was clearly necessary but why does it always take so long with us, Europe should be important to Hibs but they continually give the impression that this ain't the case.

Yeah I know there are several weeks yet for other signings but our season starts next Thursday, don't understand the posters on here saying it doesn't matter as we'll only get a game or two in Europe anyway - we'll get more games with a better team won't me.

Think our support have once again answered our leaders call to buy more season tickets to allow the manager to invest in the side.

And while I'm at it why all the subterfuge regarding the situation of Maybury, Claros, Kuqi and Done, did I miss something ?

Hope we have a great season but I despair at times though I ought to be used to it by now.

C'mon the Hibs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DAVE1875
13-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Medicals? :dunno:

Wouldn't do well to have either of them injured before Malmo either

nribs
13-07-2013, 09:39 AM
7 goals in 28 appearances for someone who didn't play so much as a striker for St J. Seems like a good return for me

LancashireHibby
13-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Pleased with both.

neil7908
13-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Quite pleased with these two, still think we are a little short going into the Malmo ties but I appreciate the club seems to be working behind the scenes to bring in another striker. Hate to say it as well but in signing Craig and Vine not only have we (hopefully) strengthened ourselves but we've weakened one of our rivals, a tactic that Rangers and Celtic have been doing to great effect for years.

I'll be interested to see our starting XI next season as we do really have a lot of options in defence and midfield now. When I saw Vine playing for St Johnstone last season he always seemed to be more of a winger than a forward so will be curious to see what position he will play for us.

In central midfield we now have plenty of options - Thomson, Taiwo, Robertson, Tudor-Jones. I suspect this means we wont be seeing Claros back at ER which I think is a real shame but I can see why the club have made their decisions (clearly it would have taken a fee to sign Claros given he has a year on his contract, I just hope that we can see at least one more marquee signing at ER).

Billy Whizz
13-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Medicals? :dunno:

Wouldn't do well to have either of them injured before Malmo either

But they need games, Thomson had only played one half against Gibralter, hardly ideal match sharpness for a European game

Hibs90
13-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Vine is a bit pish, if he's our main striker this season we are ****ed.

stokesmessiah
13-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Good luck to them.

Tom Hart RIP
13-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I had never heard of RV or OTJ before last season but they were in my opinion the best two opposition players against us at Easter Road last season.
So much so that I made a point of checking their background after the games.
I am more than happy with the signings so far and also like the look of Liam Craig.

Tom Hart RIP
13-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Ps RV cost Birmingham £3m from Luton in 2007

Hiber-nation
13-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Vine is a cracking player.

Thomson if fully fit will be a great signing. If fully fit.

God Petrie
13-07-2013, 09:58 AM

If you're supporting Hibs this season, we are ****ed.

Westie1875
13-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Glad to have signed an experienced striker and keeping KT for another year is a good thing IMO.

Heisenberg
13-07-2013, 09:59 AM
St Johnstone fans seem a bit unhappy that he's gone to us as he's a good player. He played 30 odd games for a side that finished where we need to be in the league, can't be all that bad.

derek0762
13-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Must admit I thought RV was very impressive against us in the 1-3 game @ ER

Hibs90
13-07-2013, 10:02 AM
If you're supporting Hibs this season, we are ****ed.

Well, happy enough with Thommo. But I seen enough of Vine last season to tell you that he's just not very good. Must have had about 4 or 5 good games last year.

Sanger
Must admit I thought RV was very impressive against us in the 1-3 game @ ER

Agree with that. Ripped to shreds that night. Good we can focus on football again at ER. Thanks to HMFC for their comedy farce seeing us through the close season. Now for Malmo!

Gordy M

As i said to the poster earlier, i take it you have seen him play, apart from against hibs?? Or are you another ' ive checked his stats on wiki....he is rubbish'??

Hibs90
13-07-2013, 10:03 AM
As i said to the poster earlier, i take it you have seen him play, apart from against hibs?? Or are you another ' ive checked his stats on wiki....he is rubbish'??

Read my post above.

Gordy M
13-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Read my post above.

Yeh i have, are you a st j supporter? my apologies:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2013, 10:06 AM

"Ah zee element of surprise! I was expecting it of course"
Inspector Clouseau - The Return of the Pink Thommo.

God Petrie
13-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Well, happy enough with Thommo. But I seen enough of Vine last season to tell you that he's just not very good. Must have had about 4 or 5 good games last year.

A chimp could tell you Hibs aren't finished looking for strikers. Vine seems like he could do well, is versatile and scores a few goals. He was playing wide for St J last year and still got a few.

Moaning because we haven't signed Falcao as our first striker is daft and counterproductive.

Hibs90
13-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeh i have, are you a st j supporter? my apologies:aok:

Clearly no. Like I says I seen enough of him last season in my opinion to judge him. I don't think he's very good at all. I really hope we get a decent striker in soon. Just my opinion. Don't care if some of you disagree. Just think we can do better.

down-the-slope
13-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Decent solid signings.

Who were folk expecting - unheard off lower league players would that make folk happy :rolleyes:

To be honest after last night i'm still more concerned with the lack of balance in defence than other areas which I fell will be OK once there is time for players to get used to each others games (last night the best passages of play where between the youngsters who have played often together in U19/U20's. McPake and McGivern were pretty poor Lewis doing his best in another unfamiliar position and on Hanlon looking like he is near match sharpness (Jordan Foster made big improvement to that balance when he came on)

Hibs90
13-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Moaning because we haven't signed Falcao as our first striker is daft and counterproductive.

Obviously we're not, but I was hoping someone good would have came in before the Euro deadline!

green day
13-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Dear god, we have signed permanent deals with some decent players and so much negativity - yep, we had LG and Claros.......on loan.

Did 'we' really really think that signing those 2 on permanent deals would be simple/done deals/happening?

Support the team, its incremental improvement.

LeighLoyal
13-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I think most fans would have had to look up Wiki to know who Vine is, me included, and while he isn't a goal scorer of any repute at least he has experience and had an okay spell at St Johnstone. Better to get him in than go into the Malmo game with only young Caldwell. Would have been very unfair to put that on his shoulders. Thomson isn't as good as Claros but he does have experience and we need a defensive midfielder.

hibby rae
IMO a fit KT will be the best midfielder at the club and one of the best in the league. It also means we have plenty of quality midfielders. So we can, if needed, operate a rotation system. Strength in depth is not something we've been blessed with in the past.

God Petrie
It was hyperbole. We got who we could before the euro deadline. The next striker who signs is significant. If he's along the lines of Vine then you might have a reasonable complaint.

The more expensive marquee signings are obviously harder to get within a tight timescale.

Hiber-nation
13-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I think most fans would have had to look up Wiki to know who Vine is, me included, and while he isn't a goal scorer of any repute at least he has experience and had an okay spell at St Johnstone. Better to get him in than go into the Malmo game with only young Caldwell. Would have been very unfair to put that on his shoulders. Thomson isn't as good as Claros but he does have experience and we need a defensive midfielder.

Nah, I doubt that very much.

Hibs90
13-07-2013, 10:19 AM
It was hyperbole. We got who we could before the euro deadline. The next striker who signs is significant. If he's along the lines of Vine then you might have a reasonable complaint.

The more expensive marquee signings are obviously harder to get within a tight timescale.

Disagree, we had plenty time to get someone else.

LeighLoyal
13-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Disagree, we had plenty time to get someone else.

Not for the Malmo game.

Gordy M
13-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Clearly no. Like I says I seen enough of him last season in my opinion to judge him. I don't think he's very good at all. I really hope we get a decent striker in soon. Just my opinion. Don't care if some of you disagree. Just think we can do better.

No worries mate, you are entitled to your opinion, it just annoys me that we go on about new signings, then when we announce them people are quick to moan because they are not good enough....and most haven't even seen him play? (Not a go at you)

I could turn it around and say 'hibs sign 3 million pound striker' what a great signing - (that was his transfer fee from 2007), but i haven't see him play very often so i cant comment. Wish people wouldn't comment negatively based on wiki stats or he has played for etc

Diclonius
13-07-2013, 10:22 AM
According to Vine's twitter, he's been given squad number 9.

Spells the end for Leigh resigning? :dunno:

Spike Mandela
13-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Good to get additions in but 1 year deals will leave us in same (short) position next year if we are fortunate enough to get in to Europe.:cb

marinello59
13-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Excellent news. :thumbsup:

DAVE1875
13-07-2013, 10:27 AM

Just realised his name rhymes with his number :tee hee:

Jim44
13-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Rowan vine and thommo just signed 1 year deals.

Wake up at the back!!!! :greengrin

Hibs90
13-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Not for the Malmo game.

Plenty time. Transfer Window opened on 1st June. We knew we were going to be in Europe early.

Persevere80
13-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Happy with vine if he plays like he did in the the 1-3 game, but other than that I ain't seen much of him.

KT experience and quality in the middle if the park is good enough for me. The squad is really starting to shape up now.

Keith_M
13-07-2013, 10:30 AM

That ship sailed quite a few weeks ago

rcarter1
Just realised his name rhymes with his number :tee hee:

Green Green Vine.......

Wears number ni i i ine

Doing just fine.....

Green Green Vine!

Weir7

Can't be that bad St Js finished 3rd we finished bottom 6.

SaulGoodman
Plenty time. Transfer Window opened on 1st June. We knew we were going to be in Europe early.

So what happens if deals have stalled? Do we just make a panic buy like the last few seasons so you can moan about that as well?

This site is getting worse by the day.

LancsHibs
13-07-2013, 10:31 AM
For those who just look at the appearances/goals scored on Wikipedia and judge if you read the career info Vine was hot property as 'king of the assists' setting up many more goals than he scored. He cost Birmingham City £3m from Luton and then went to QPR for another million where he suffered a horrendous double leg break! Could be a good gamble from Hibs if he is finally over his injuries and getting back to his earlier potential. Don't believe he will be our main striker, hope there is another younger guy on the way who can feed off him. Thinks looking better, come on the Hibees:flag:

Gordy M
13-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Stole this from a poster on bounce.....sure she/he wont mind....from the st j forum....

'blueheaven', on 14 Feb 2013 - 13:04, said:
Rowan Vine is the sort of player I'll happily pay money to watch playing football. He's positive, skilful, a great finisher and he always looks to play a clever ball instead of just hitting it forwards and hoping for the best. Really enjoy watching him play for Saints - he brings out the best in the whole team. I've been a big fan of his ever since he tore Bristol City to pieces as a trialist. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

At last. Couldn't agree more.
If I'm going to pay over twenty quid to watch a football match(plus travelling expenses), then give me Rowan Vine every time. The words positive, skillful and clever are all in there, dare I say you could put the word "too" in front of them all and that would describe him in a nutshell compared to many of his team mates.

A very intellegent footballer who, and I'm sorry, should be playing at a higher level.

Weir7
13-07-2013, 10:35 AM
For those who just look at the appearances/goals scored on Wikipedia and judge if you read the career info Vine was hot property as 'king of the assists' setting up many more goals than he scored. He cost Birmingham City £3m from Luton and then went to QPR for another million where he suffered a horrendous double leg break! Could be a good gamble from Hibs if he is finally over his injuries and getting back to his earlier potential. Don't believe he will be our main striker, hope there is another younger guy on the way who can feed off him. Thinks looking better, come on the Hibees:flag:

His role will be to lead the line target man and strong runner. As you say need someone to play of him.

TheReg!
13-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Two very good signings btw, KT with a good Pre-season will pay dividends and Vine, who I think will be the signing of the season as he is exactly the type of player that we have needed in a long time. One more striker and central defender (McManus) in and then we are ready to get our highest league finish in a long time.:flag:

SaulGoodman
13-07-2013, 10:39 AM
St J fans seem to be angry they've let him go.

Of course, we clearly know more than them! :rolleyes:

Bob Box Fish
13-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Pleased with both. Welcome on board. Thomson for captain.

FromTheCapital
13-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Vine tore us apart at Easter Road when we played St Johnstone the last time. More than welcome him at Easter Road, him and Taylor (if we get him which I personally be delighted with) would be the first time we've had a big strong striker alongside a tricky player alongside him. Obviously, I would love to have Griffiths up there but that'll have to wait around a year at least until we can offer him a contract. Thomson done well when he came to us last season and glad to hear he's got a new deal too. Great news. :agree:

marinello59
13-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Pleased with both. Welcome on board. Thomson for captain.

:fishin::greengrin

Seriuosly though, it will be good to see a natural leader like KT out on the park. The more players we have with his attitude the better, it really doesn't matter who is actually designated as Skipper.

number9dream
13-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Vine is a smart player but not a number 9, while KT is a class act if he can recover his fitness. Hopefully, he can strike up a good central midfield partnership with OTJ or Taiwo - not sure I'd want to see all three playing unless we're going super defensive away from home...
Vine could play wide, swapping with Harris and supporting Caldwell or a new striker.

Williams
Mullen McPake Hanlon McGivern
OTJ Thomson
Vine Craig Harris
Caldwell

LeighLoyal
13-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Not sure I see the point of the OTJ signing tbh. I would pair Craig with Thomson, Taiwo as back up. I want a 442 anyway.

Part/Time Supporter
13-07-2013, 10:52 AM

He was a very good player at Luton. I remember him causing Liverpool all sorts of problems in an FA Cup tie there where Luton went 3-1 up, but eventually lost 5-3. A game perhaps best remembered for Xabi Alonso scoring into an empty net (Luton goalie had gone upfield for a late corner) from behind the halfway line. According to the report below Vine set up a chance for Howard by "skinning Carragher" and won a penalty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4565232.stm

As you say though, that was pre-injury. But he looked very good at times for Saints. I think he's a replacement for Doyle really. A player who will chip in with 8-10 goals, but who can offer tactical flexibility (can play wide as well as through the middle) and create opportunities for others.

Big Sexy Dave
13-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Happy about Thommo but I'd rather have signed Tim Vine.

Judas Iscariot
13-07-2013, 10:55 AM
So we've signed Craig & Vine from St J & OTJ from ICT

These guys were 1st names on the team sheet for their sides last year, sides who finished well above us and handed us our arse on a plate more tahn once...

BUT some are still not happy?!

Unbelievable

Elephant Stone
13-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Not sure I see the point of the OTJ signing tbh. I would pair Craig with Thomson, Taiwo as back up. I want a 442 anyway.

I'd bet my grandmother that Tudur Jones will be a more useful player for us than Thomson.

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2013, 11:06 AM

These guys were 1st names on the team sheet for their sides last year, sides who finished well above us and handed us our arse on a plate more tahn once...

Unbelievable

:agree:

This, its something we have started to do now, and its good in my opinion for two reasons. 1 we get a good player, and 2 it weakens the team we get them from.

Yet as you say its not enough for some folk? :rolleyes:

marinello59
13-07-2013, 11:06 AM

Unbelievable

Some will never be happy.:greengrin
Things really are starting to fall in to place now, this may turn out to be our best transfer window for some considerable time.

frazeHFC
13-07-2013, 11:07 AM
If St J fans are annoyed that Vine has left then we should be happy. He's obviously good enough for a team that has finished above us for the last few seasons.

Pleased with these 2 and hopefully another striker to come.

JimBHibees
13-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Two decent experienced signings who if we keep both fit will be very good SPL players. Vine is a quality player who lost his way abit in his career if PF can get as much out of him as he got Sparky he will be an excellent Hibs player IMO.

Gordy M
13-07-2013, 11:10 AM

Unbelievable

Absolutely 100%, its been a good transfer window so far imo, if we could get mcmanus and another striker, then would be great. Anyone know what is happening with mcmanus??

lugz
13-07-2013, 11:10 AM

Unbelievable

Seems to be the way at the moment. All good signings and will improve what's been a poor/average squad over the last few years.

--------
13-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Some will never be happy.:greengrin
Things really are starting to fall in to place now, this may turn out to be our best transfer window for some considerable time.

I hope you're right. I have a fairly good feeling about things too.

Around the beginning of May i would have been delighted of we had held on to two out of the three McGivern, Thomson and Claros. As far as I can see, we've signed two and there's still a possibility the Claros will come back after the internationals he's involved with.

Mullen looks a good signing - we needed a right-back, he's a right-back, a young and energetic right-back.

Vine, Craig and T-J were all good players for their clubs last season. Both their clubs finished higher than Hibs. Craig and T-J were signed early and should be well settled in; we left it 'late' with Vine - but then we have another month and more to bring in others before the window closes. Hibs are in ongoing negotiations with players and their clubs as we speak.

In addition we're finally seeing a number of our own younger players breaking into the first team - Harris, Caldwell, Forster, Horribine, Stanton, Handling are by no means the only ones knocking on the door.

We've brought in a strong, well-respected assistant manager in Jimmy Nicholl.

And as the mortgages on the new stands are paid off, more money will increasingly become available for the team.

Neither the season nor the club's future hang on the results of the games against Malmo.

I'd love to win them, but the real issue is stabilising, consolidating, and pushing forward with the team over the whole season and into next.

Now after that storm of optimism and positivity, I'm going to need to go and lie down for a while. :wink:

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

proud_and_green
13-07-2013, 11:32 AM

Around the beginning of May i would have been delighted of we had held on to two out of the three McGivern, Thomson and Claros. As far as I can see, we've signed two and there's still a possibility the Claros will come back after the internationals he's involved with.

Mullen looks a good signing - we needed a right-back, he's a right-back, a young and energetic right-back.

Vine, Craig and T-J were all good players for their clubs last season. Both their clubs finished higher than Hibs. Craig and T-J were signed early and should be well settled in; we left it 'late' with Vine - but then we have another month and more to bring in others before the window closes. Hibs are in ongoing negotiations with players and their clubs as we speak.

In addition we're finally seeing a number of our own younger players breaking into the first team - Harris, Caldwell, Forster, Horribine, Stanton, Handling are by no means the only ones knocking on the door.

And as the mortgages on the new stands are paid off, more money will increasingly become available for the team.

Neither the season nor the club's future hang on the results of the games against Malmo.

I'd love to win them, but the real issue is stabilising, consolidating, and pushing forward with the team over the whole season and into next.

Now after that storm of optimism and positivity, I'm going to need to go and lie down for a while. :wink:

Excellent post!

Iain G
13-07-2013, 11:34 AM
If St J fans are annoyed that Vine has left then we should be happy. He's obviously good enough for a team that has finished above us for the last few seasons.

Pleased with these 2 and hopefully another striker to come.

Sounds like a fair swap for Spoon if you ask me :greengrin

Two good, experience professionals to add to the squad, a good day for the club I think; now another striker as a main priority please Pat :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Happy with both, would love to see Claros and Sparky back but am I just being greedy?

Pray4Marc
13-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Transfers are fine IMO. Midfield is solid, chances are we won't progress into the group stages in Europe, panic buying would be daft. Not trying to be negative but realistic. Iam convinced we will get a striker or 2 in before the season starts. Pat needs the right striker and Iam sure he will bring that person in. Loan or transfer Iam not concerned as Iam extremely confident this will be a great season for us.

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2013, 11:42 AM

I agree with that 100%, but i get the feeling by reading this board others feel a lot different, and should we lose against Malmo the knives will be out.

In my opinion we are miles away from getting to the group stages, and each and every one of us would have swapped our team for Motherwells team last season, and look how well they did in Europe.

You are right about building the team and making it stronger over time, we can all moan that enough patience has been given, but i do feel losing THAT cup final shaked the club up.

And now we are on the front foot, we are going forward and things are getting better. Maybe too slowly for some, but you cant please everyone.

As for Malmo, i did not think we'd get through against them when the draw was made, now after their games against Drogheda, i feel we have a chance. Its 40-60 at a guess, but i certainly feel we are in this tie now.

There's still plenty of time for Pat to bring in other players, and if the rumours are correct we have been willing to spend money getting these targets?

Come the end of the window, we will be stronger and ready for the season ahead. There's no need for any panic, we are going forward at Hibernian Football Club.

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Transfers are fine IMO. Midfield is solid, chances are we won't progress into the group stages in Europe, panic buying would be daft. Not trying to be negative but realistic. Iam convinced we will get a striker or 2 in before the season starts. Pat needs the right striker and Iam sure he will bring that person in. Loan or transfer Iam not concerned as Iam extremely confident this will be a great season for us.

IMO Malmo are not as good as has been made out, they made hard work disposing of Drogheda.....I fancy us to progress after the two legs....

Wilson
13-07-2013, 11:52 AM
IMO Malmo are not as good as has been made out, they made hard work disposing of Drogheda.....I fancy us to progress after the two legs....

I think, possibly, a reality check is needed. We would struggle against Drogheda over two legs. They'd likely even beat us. Perhaps Griff would have been a difference maker in that game?

I'm happy with the quality of signings. Fenlon is improving us incrementally every season he has been here. We should provide stout opposition for Malmo but no more.

Pray4Marc
13-07-2013, 11:53 AM
This is true. What Iam worried about is who we will get in the 3rd round. Chances are we will get a glamour tie.

Squealing pig
13-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Very pleasing

BarneyK
13-07-2013, 12:00 PM
This is true. What Iam worried about is who we will get in the 3rd round. Chances are we will get a glamour tie.

Probably better if we dinnae qualify then.

Eternal Hibbie
13-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Dear god, we have signed permanent deals with some decent players and so much negativity - yep, we had LG and Claros.......on loan.

Did 'we' really really think that signing those 2 on permanent deals would be simple/done deals/happening?

Support the team, its incremental improvement.

Every other team on the planet somehow manage to sign players on permanent deals, why should we be any different, no plaudits from me over that.

Incremental improvement is fine for so long but it has been this way at our club all my days - as soon as it leaves this stage we flog someone and are back to the incremental stage, its been said a thousand times but we've finished with the infrastructure thing, surely its time for some real and affordable investment in the playing squad, just one or two players to whet the appetite a wee bit.

Appreciate we're not Barcelona but we're not Albion Rovers either.

Hibs continually frustrate the hell out of me, probably always will, just think we could and should do better.

Maybe I just expect too much.

Franck Stanton
13-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Really happy with the way the squad is shaping for this season. Rowan Vine is a really god capture, [cant believe the negativity of some on here], Thomo, well, for me, the jury is still out . Was a great player first time around but if I am being honest didn't see what he brought to the table last season, hoping with a pre-season under his belt can get to his former glories. As for the striker position, imo will be ether Taylor or Griffiths, [from what I have heard Rod still not given up on him, ]. Anyway, welcome to the Hibee Family lads, have a good season

Pray4Marc
13-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Probably better if we dinnae qualify then.

Obviously would be an outstanding achievement. Bring in some massive revenue and improve the clubs status. Lets take care of Malmo and hope the draw is good too us.

--------
13-07-2013, 12:09 PM

I honestly think we'll be doing well to get past Malmo.

The teams we're likely to be drawn with in the next round if we do?

Much too good for us, TBH.

QMU-1875
13-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Seen the lad in Easter road yesterday knew it was him! Very happy with this signing this lad creates a lot if chances and a very positive player who like to get the ball down and do a lot of work, exactly what we needed! Looking at the reactions in Perth we should be very pleased with this signing! Hopefully can sign another striker and McManus and wel be well on our way to a decent season!

Unseen work
13-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Quite like the look of vine and looks a very good finisher who is sharp on the ball! Most of his goals from last season reminds me of deek, cutting in from the left and curling it in.

Will b interesting to see where he plays as I prefer Harris playin left wing to right. Very good option to have and seems alot more direct than spoony(who scored a brilliant fk for st j the other day)

Big Sexy Dave
13-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Unbelievable

Or we could have signed someone younger who in a few years we could sell on.

AlbertK86
13-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Delighted with both signings

Vine can hopefully do a Brewster/Mixu type job for either Handling or Caldwell to feed off

Unseen work
13-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Based on what we have now. Not what we could have what do you reckon is our best? Personally I think

Williams

Mullen Mcpake. Hanlon. Mcgivern

Taiwo. Thomson

Harris. Craig. Vine

Caldwell/handling

Murdoch, Stevenson, Clancy,Tudor jones, handling/Caldwell, Robertson, stanton

To me this team looks very strong defensively and had goals coming from numerous positions, think can expect Harris vine and Craig to all chip in quite a bit with goals. Only thing really missing is the main striker, unless vine has been signed for that role but from what I can see he's more a left winger who cuts in

Unseen work
13-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Delighted with both signings

Vine can hopefully do a Brewster/Mixu type job for either Handling or Caldwell to feed off

Don't think he's that type of player with you tbh mate, seems more that will drop deep to get the ball and create something. Rather than produce knock downs etc.

Humo
13-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Depends on form as well. If the team hits the ground running this season then competition will be very tight for spaces in the first team which is only a good thing! :flag:

AugustaHibs
13-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Load of ****ing tosh. So so so underwhelmed man....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Happy with these two! Who's next I wonder... Hopefully Lyle Taylor but the blades will be hard to refuse.

Scouse Hibee

More to come!

BarneyK

Is that Paul Tosh or Steven Tosh? Or Tosh Lines frae The Bill?

marinello59
13-07-2013, 12:53 PM

Who should we be signing then? Which market should we be looking at?

BarneyK
13-07-2013, 12:56 PM

The Confedarations cup mibbe? There was that guy Neymar Jr. Wonder how he's fixed for the coming season... :hmmm:

weecounty hibby
13-07-2013, 12:58 PM
So underwhelming.
Yip, that's right. What a nightmare. Our nearest and dearest neighbours are battling for their lives, baking cakes and selling their internal organs for cash, we have then gone and made our 5th or 6th signings of the summer. How underwhelming indeed. Some folk need a reality check. Another striker and maybe a centre half and we will be fine.

Stringer
13-07-2013, 01:00 PM

Anything less than Messi is unacceptable.

Vine looked great at ER last season, he was being marked by maybury thou! Lets hope Thomo is played as a quick winger like he was in the final.

Hopefully the team against Malmo will be:

Willaims

Stevenson. Forster. Hanlon. McGivern

Thomo. Taiwo

Vine. Craig. Harris

Handling./ New Striker

Seveno
13-07-2013, 01:03 PM
It's good to get all these signings well in advance of the start of the SPL. Any success in the Europa League is a bonus just now, it is the SPL where we need to make progress this season.

Gatecrasher
13-07-2013, 01:04 PM
both good signings, we all know what Thommo can do and Vine is a good player, I remember him playing a big part in defeating us last season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Vine looked great at ER last season, he was being marked by maybury thou! Lets hope Thomo is played as a quick winger like he was in the final.

Willaims

Thomo. Taiwo

Vine. Craig. Harris

Handling./ New Striker

Vine is a striker.

BarneyK
13-07-2013, 01:06 PM

Willaims

Thomo. Taiwo

Vine. Craig. Harris

Handling./ New Striker

So you're dropping Caldwell for Messi? Harsh. :panic:

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Craig, OTJ and Tommo are decent signings.

Vine is the sort of signing that no team with any substantial ambitions should be making. I don't want to condemn him before he starts at ER, but he's pretty average at best.

AlbertK86
13-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Willaims

Thomo. Taiwo

Vine. Craig. Harris

Handling./ New Striker

I know he wont but I would go

Williams

Mullen
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Taiwo
OTJ
Thomson

Harris
Vine
Craig

Think he will go

Williams

Stevenson
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
OTJ
Taiwo
Thomson
Craig

Vine

edinburghhibee
13-07-2013, 01:43 PM
:fishin::greengrin

Seriuosly though, it will be good to see a natural leader like KT out on the park. The more players we have with his attitude the better, it really doesn't matter who is actually designated as Skipper.

I've never got this "natural leader" stuff that gets branded about thommo. I just don't see it. Good midfielder and played for free last season so can't be knocked for commitment but he's not a captain.

RV is a cracking signing in my eyes, him an Craig will get more goals than Doyle, cookie, and spoony put together this season, and like someone else mentioned we weaken the saints in the process.
Good business by hibs I just feel a one year deal is too short they should at least have an option to extend the contract to two years if it works out well.

brog
13-07-2013, 02:40 PM
He was a very good player at Luton. I remember him causing Liverpool all sorts of problems in an FA Cup tie there where Luton went 3-1 up, but eventually lost 5-3. A game perhaps best remembered for Xabi Alonso scoring into an empty net (Luton goalie had gone upfield for a late corner) from behind the halfway line. According to the report below Vine set up a chance for Howard by "skinning Carragher" and won a penalty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/4565232.stm

As you say though, that was pre-injury. But he looked very good at times for Saints. I think he's a replacement for Doyle really. A player who will chip in with 8-10 goals, but who can offer tactical flexibility (can play wide as well as through the middle) and create opportunities for others.

Craig, OTJ and Tommo are decent signings.

Vine is the sort of signing that no team with any substantial ambitions should be making. I don't want to condemn him before he starts at ER, but he's pretty average at best.

I think RV will surprise you Bob. If he can play to 80% of what he showed at Luton a few years ago he'll do a great job for us. I guess time will tell.

Sir David Gray
13-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Quite content with Thomson coming back again. He will add to our midfield and has plenty of experience, even if I'm not exactly his biggest fan.

With Vine, I'm less certain about this one. I don't see him being a main striker for us next season as I don't see him scoring anywhere near enough goals but he could certainly be a decent squad player.

It would be unfair to write him off or to make my mind up about him before he's even kicked a ball for Hibs though, so I hope he is a success with us and I wish him all the best.

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I just think that there's something a little creepy about Vine, although it might just be sour grapes on my part.

KiddA
13-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Had a big part in the first goal and nice finish for the winner :top marks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuUQBgCHP3w

nellio
13-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I just think that there's something a little creepy about Vine, although it might just be sour grapes on my part.:greengrin

brog
13-07-2013, 03:47 PM
I just think that there's something a little creepy about Vine, although it might just be sour grapes on my part.

Bob, you're turning into another winer on this board!! Sorry!

cloudy
13-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Speaking to an ex team mate of vines today who said he isn't an out and out striker prefers to play just off the front man and can be abit of a luxury player but should do well for hibs

AngusHibby
13-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Surely someone can think of a marvin Gaye based rowan vine chant

Stringer
13-07-2013, 04:00 PM
I know he wont but I would go

Williams

Mullen
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

Taiwo
OTJ
Thomson

Harris
Vine
Craig

That would be alright.

3 at the back might work. Any team playing Spain always go 3 at the back. Pack the midfield.

LeithBoozy
13-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Would think if Vine has fully recovered from his injury, Hibs will have hopefully won a prize. Its not often we get the chance of picking-up a player, who was previously transferred for 3m pounds. The saints fans sound pissed-off losing him, always a good sign in my book, welcome to the Hibs. :wink:

One Day Soon
13-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Excellent perspective there.

And by way of contrast just compare all of that with what's happening at Jakeycastle where even the mice are starving...

hibs0666
13-07-2013, 04:41 PM

And by way of contrast just compare all of that with what's happening at Jakeycastle where even the mice are starving...

When I heard about Locke's golden showers I assumed they were doing a fancy dressing room upgrade with the cake bake cash.

YehButNoBut
13-07-2013, 05:01 PM

http://ic2.pbase.com/o6/61/114161/1/86436737.CnC6LrIm.wine.gif (http://www.pbase.com/clubdiva78/image/86436737)

lucky
13-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Vine is more than capable of scoring in the SPL but he won't get 20+ goals like LG. But let's give him a chance

Wilson
13-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Vine is more than capable of scoring in the SPL but he won't get 20+ goals like LG. But let's give him a chance

He isn't supposed to?

Dunderhall
13-07-2013, 06:00 PM
More goals from elsewhere must be the aim, especially midfield this season.
just got to get the right formation from the squad which is stronger this season IMO.

HibbyKeith
13-07-2013, 06:01 PM
No danger PF will play 2 upfront in the away tie IMO.

He will aim to keep it tight with 5 in midfield, and sneak a cheeky wee away goal so there is something to play for the following week at easter road.

Vine, Thomson & Craig should all be more than decent signings this year, I'm not 100% sure about OTJ or where he fits in though.

jgl07
13-07-2013, 10:07 PM
When I heard about Locke's golden showers I assumed they were doing a fancy dressing room upgrade with the cake bake cash.

That would be the lemon drizzle cake!

jacomo
13-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Katie sounds motivated. This is good.

Welcome to Vine but we need another striker as well please. The manager needs options.

hibee19
13-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Every signing we've made played in the SPL last season I think. Playing it pretty safe.

JOD
13-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Delighted with signings and Kevin is a great addition to squad again. Vine will bring our young strikers on and that is very important to our long term wellbeing.In Pat I trust.:not worth McManus in defence(where I still have worries) will help me sleep more easily.:wink:

jacomo
13-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Every signing we've made played in the SPL last season I think. Playing it pretty safe.

Everyone knows Hibs midfielders can be found in France, but where would you go looking for a striker?

hibee19
13-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Everyone knows Hibs midfielders can be found in France, but where would you go looking for a striker?

Simply suggesting that I found it unusual that all our signings were from SPL teams, not that it is necessarily a problem. I'm not a scout, I highly doubt I'll have to look for a striker anytime soon

--------
13-07-2013, 11:48 PM

Well it did occur to me that the contrast between the two clubs' different approaches to doing business and their contrasting consequences for the two clubs might suggest that we should trust our people a little more than we have in the past.

And I do include myself in that 'we' BTW - I'm just as prone to demand results yesterday as anyone else.

Steve-O
14-07-2013, 02:18 AM
Hopefully Thomson is willing to crawl over broken glass to get fit for the new season :agree:

bingo70
14-07-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm quite happy with both these signings but I think its a valid point about all our signings playing in the SPL last season, I thought fenlon was making radical changes to our scouting network so we could get players from further afield?

jodjam
14-07-2013, 06:37 AM
I'm quite happy with both these signings but I think its a valid point about all our signings playing in the SPL last season, I thought fenlon was making radical changes to our scouting network so we could get players from further afield?

He did and we have got players from further afield. What about the group of youngsters we signed few weeks back.

bingo70
14-07-2013, 06:45 AM
He did and we have got players from further afield. What about the group of youngsters we signed few weeks back.

Is that what he was talking about, improving the scouting system for the youth team? I had hoped he was talking about improving it for the first team so we could start to find boozys, zemmamas etc again.

jodjam
14-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Is that what he was talking about, improving the scouting system for the youth team? I had hoped he was talking about improving it for the first team so we could start to find boozys, zemmamas etc again.

The club has over-hauled the scouting system which was under-performing. I would imagine the goal is to improve it across all aspects of the football side and not just the first team. We will sign first team players from clubs outside of the SPFL.

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2013, 08:10 AM
How many goals did Craig and Vine score between them for St Johnstone last season? They finished 3rd, and both players contributed very much to that 3rd place finish, that excites me.

We know both players can produce at SPL level, why would anyone be underwhelmed by signing players who played and did well for a club that did so much better than we did? :confused:

And why some folk are getting their knickers in a twist because we have only signed 1 forward is beyond me, there's 6 weeks left of this transfer window, does anyone really think we wont get anymore players in?

Eyrie
14-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Two solid signings. I'd have preferred Claros to Thomson, but with a proper preseason under his belt I expect Thomson to improve from last year.

Vine was an important role player for a team that finished above us and that role spreads the goals throughout our team, making us harder to stop. Last year teams could focus on Griffiths to nullify us.

Part/Time Supporter
14-07-2013, 08:35 AM

It could just be a reflection of the changes in the market, the biggest one of which is Hearts going bust. 2-3 years ago Hibs were interested in players with other SPL clubs (Webster, Hammill, Barr), but were repeatedly outbid by Hearts. They're not in the market now so the equivalent players today sign for Hibs, or possibly move down south.

Sprouleflyer
14-07-2013, 08:52 AM
How many goals did Craig and Vine score between them for St Johnstone last season? They finished 3rd, and both players contributed very much to that 3rd place finish, that excites me.

We know both players can produce at SPL level, why would anyone be underwhelmed by signing players who played and did well for a club that did so much better than we did? :confused:

And why some folk are getting their knickers in a twist because we have only signed 1 forward is beyond me, there's 6 weeks left of this transfer window, does anyone really think we wont get anymore players in?

100% agree!

This coming season is very much one that I am looking forward to and I have not said that since Collins was in charge.

Aldo
14-07-2013, 09:16 AM

But remember one thing G. Some folk on here will criticise
Anyone and everyone we sign or don't sign and will never be happy.

Me I'm more than happy with PF's signings to date. We under performed in many areas last season but goals from MF was the most. The signing of Craig will hopefully improve those stats and I am looking for between 5 to 10 goals from him this season.

Vine will also bring something different to the team and hopefully he'll be able to bring in the MF a bit more.

Still looking for a couple of more players (speeders reckons 4) so as long as 2 of them are CF then I'd be more than happy.

Squealing pig
14-07-2013, 09:43 AM

Zemmama was poor at best

SMAXXA
14-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Zemmama was poor at best

Rubbish, inconsistent yes but certainly not "poor at best" :confused:

Postman
14-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Zemmama was poor at best

Don't think you can have seen him play very often then! Absolute nonsense

Squealing pig
14-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Rubbish, inconsistent yes but certainly not "poor at best" :confused:

In ur opinion benji was ten times the player . zemmama was O'brien in disguise

SMAXXA
14-07-2013, 09:54 AM
In ur opinion benji was ten times the player . zemmama was O'brien in disguise

In my opinion what you talking about? Away you go ya troll

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Zemmama was poor at best

At his best he was unplayable. We just didn't see it enough. Nothing worse than watching a player that has obvious talent, not delivering. Add that to a demeanor, that gave the impression, rightly or wrongly, that he just couldna be ersed.

Col2
14-07-2013, 10:00 AM
I think we will get 1 maybe two more strikers.

A centre half

A winger

And I would expect one or two to move on.

lord bunberry
14-07-2013, 10:06 AM

Willaims

Thomo. Taiwo

Vine. Craig. Harris

Handling./ New Striker

Starting with Stevenson at right back would be similar to yogi starting with nish against maribor imo. I've nothing against Stevenson but he's never a right back, clancy, mullen or forster should play right back.

ahibby
14-07-2013, 10:37 AM
As an aside it looks to me that RV makes a T sign to Hibs fans with his hands after his first goal against us in February, dya thing the T is for transferring to you or something else. Watch what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRwoI9NSy0

NOLA
14-07-2013, 11:37 AM
i think after cliftonville have been papped oot by celtic we will go in for Liam Boyce.

Cool_Hand_Luke
14-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Zemmama was poor at best

Think you've had more than a line wi Garry if thats your thoughts :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-07-2013, 12:21 PM
It's funny how you watch the first two goals and get excited about him signing, however you then watch the third goal and remember that even PADDY CREGG opened us up that night lol

ackeygraham
14-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Obviously we're not, but I was hoping someone good would have came in before the Euro deadline!

So who would you sign then? As said pleased we have signed a striker and time will tell if he cuts the mustard or not. We are defo on the lookout for another striker as we need more experience up top.

heretoday
14-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Vine is 30 years old. He hasn't scored that many goals in his career really - his best period being with Luton six years ago.

I'm not impressed. Maybe he'll form a partnership with Kuqi if he's still with us.

Kato
14-07-2013, 05:50 PM

The fact that Craig and Vine will know each others game has been a bit overlooked. I see them as their to create, hold up play and create space.

Pretty shrewd singings so far - another striker supplemented by Caldwell and Handling could pick up goals from this midfield.

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
14-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I have only see him against us, where he played well. I take it you have seen him play, apart from against hibs? He seems to have a good 'assist' record which we have been crying out for!??

Agreed - handling & Caldwell will benefit from those assists whilst he chips in with a few goals himself - im willing to give him a chance! :thumbsup:

happiehibbie
15-07-2013, 08:08 AM
As a previous post from Myself that Tomo was going to the new co well i was wrong and so was my very good source.. I even put £50.00 quid on it Taxi for Stuart

superfurryhibby
15-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Real name Rowan Vine
Age 30 (Born 21 Sep, 1982)
Height 6ft (1.83m)
Weight 11st 8lb (73.47kg)

Place of birth Basingstoke
Nationality England
Date Signed 31 Jul, 2012
Fee Free

Career
Totals £3,750,000

Played 263 (86 sub) 66 Goals

Not too shoody for a guy who plays wide left, as well as through the middle.

basehibby
15-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Zemmama was poor at best

WTF?!? What team were you watching in 2006/7 - not Hibs anyway :blah::bye:

Stevie Reid
15-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Real name Rowan Vine
Age 30 (Born 21 Sep, 1982)
Height 6ft (1.83m)
Weight 11st 8lb (73.47kg)

Place of birth Basingstoke
Nationality England
Date Signed 31 Jul, 2012
Fee Free

Career
Totals £3,750,000

Played 263 (86 sub) 66 Goals

Not too shoody for a guy who plays wide left, as well as through the middle.

He actually has 77 career goals according to Soccerbase, and has made a lot more appearances.

Happy to have him here.

basehibby
15-07-2013, 11:20 AM
BTW - congratulations to Thommo and Vine re their signings. Players such as these will contribute to the team. Still need a bit of sparkle a la Sparky/Deeks/ZEMAMA to add to the mix though.

frazeHFC
15-07-2013, 11:32 AM
'Despite his lack of goals..he was known as the King of Assists'

Theres more to him than some are making out. :agree:

silverhibee
15-07-2013, 11:47 AM

Craig scored 8 goals in 43 appearances for the Saints and Rowan Vine got 7 goals in 30 appearances last season.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Certainly bigging RV up on the Hibs tweets - think they're trying to brainwash us into thinking we've signed a superstar!

SaulGoodman
15-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Certainly bigging RV up on the Hibs tweets - think they're trying to brainwash us into thinking we've signed a superstar!

Teams official Twitter in bigging up new player shock.

I'd much rather they tweeted. 'This is Rowan Vine. By the way Hibs.net, you're right he's *****.'

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Teams official Twitter in bigging up new player shock.

I'd much rather they tweeted. 'This is Rowan Vine. By the way Hibs.net, you're right he's *****.'

Me too :-)