PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup 2006: Rangers 0-3 Hibs

FromTheCapital
12-07-2013, 12:57 PM
By far and away, my second favourite Hibs game behind the CIS Cup Final. Massive away support and stuffed the Huns. Unless, I am completely wrong, we were quite poor in the first half but the second half was truly amazing! Anyone got the full match recorded, anywhere I could buy it or watch it online? Been looking for ages!! :agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
12-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Was this the Sproule hat-trick? We rogered that deceased club 3v0 so many times at their ground I forget which one is which.

BarneyK
12-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Was this the Sproule hat-trick? We rogered that deceased club 3v0 so many times at their ground I forget which one is which.

No that was the league. Didn't Killen score in this one?

Craig_in_Prague
12-07-2013, 01:01 PM

GoC, Sproule, Killen

FromTheCapital
12-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Nope. That was the league match mate. The Cup game was when O'Connor, Sproule and Killen scored. :thumbsup:

wearethehibs
12-07-2013, 01:02 PM
I thought that trip to ibrox could never be topped.

Until we went through on a wednesday night just a few days after getting humped by the ****.s at ER.

Only about 200 hibees there all expecting the worse and somehow we play like Barca and beat them 3-0. Miller, Rankin and Dicko with the goals.

Cabbage East
12-07-2013, 01:04 PM
We weren't poor in the first half, we were just a bit cagier than in the second half, when we absolutely rogered that now deceased club.

Probably best that they're dead now as it was getting a bit boring, riding them 3-0 at Ibrox all the time.

BarneyK
12-07-2013, 01:04 PM

Until we went through on a wednesday night just a few days after getting humped by the ****.s at ER.

Only about 200 hibees there all expecting the worse and somehow we play like Barca and beat them 3-0. Miller, Rankin and Dicko with the goals.

What a goal from Rankin :agree: Miller's wasnae bad either.

FromTheCapital
12-07-2013, 01:07 PM
What a goal from Rankin :agree: Miller's wasnae bad either.
Was that not the early days of the Calderwood era? Thought he was Mourinho after this game :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Best game I've ever been too, will remember it for the rest of my days. We owned Ibrox/Glasgow that day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZZfEOzBPE#
(Copy and paste)

SteveHFC
12-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Have the whole game on my PC. :greengrin

green.and.white
12-07-2013, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZZfEOzBPE

Video quality is bad, but we weren't :flag:

zlatan
12-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Highlight of the match was Stephen Glass yellow card. A more skillful booking I have yet to witness as he puts out a lovely backheel to trip up a bypassing hun.

Hermit Crab
12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
By far and away, my second favourite Hibs game behind the CIS Cup Final. Massive away support and stuffed the Huns. Unless, I am completely wrong, we were quite poor in the first half but the second half was truly amazing! Anyone got the full match recorded, anywhere I could buy it or watch it online? Been looking for ages!! :agree:

There are some you tube videos kicking around.

FromTheCapital
12-07-2013, 01:20 PM
There are some you tube videos kicking around.
:thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
12-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Remember Simon Brown making an absolutely world class save in the 1st half.

Think Thomson got injured early doors and Michael Stewart came on and had a great game.

Also Scott Brown playing on with a broken leg and blowing kisses at the huns, they were going mental.

Best part was they spent the previous 2 weeks desperatly trying to unsettle Riordan, rumours of a bid, tentative approaches etc. Mowbray took the decision to leave him on the bench and we still ****ed them.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-07-2013, 04:06 PM
The football expert that is Charlie Nicholas saying at half time that he still fancied Rangers to go through. Happy days.

Dashing Bob S
12-07-2013, 04:09 PM

Think Thomson got injured early doors and Michael Stewart came on and had a great game.

Also Scott Brown playing on with a broken leg and blowing kisses at the huns, they were going mental.

Best part was they spent the previous 2 weeks desperatly trying to unsettle Riordan, rumours of a bid, tentative approaches etc. Mowbray took the decision to leave him on the bench and we still ****ed them.

I have to go and lie down after reading that. I was at the game, and you are correct. I must have repressed that memory in light of Clown's massive subsequent cock-ups.

S4uzee
12-07-2013, 04:17 PM
I have to go and lie down after reading that. I was at the game, and you are correct. I must have repressed that memory in light of Clown's massive subsequent cock-ups.
Was from a Bob Malcolm effort if i remember?
Some kick as well for the 2nd goal

Onceinawhile
12-07-2013, 06:31 PM

His leg was broken in the 3-0 league game I'm sure.. it got broken in the 2nd? Game of the season vs hearts, ans a Scottish cup tie would be too far away from that.

Ryan91
12-07-2013, 08:48 PM
His leg was broken in the 3-0 league game I'm sure.. it got broken in the 2nd? Game of the season vs hearts, ans a Scottish cup tie would be too far away from that.

I seem to remember he took a real bad one from Ian Murray, pretty bad tackle and Murray got booked for it - although I will say that I've seen guys walk for lesser challenges than that.

Ryan91
12-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Have the whole game on my PC. :greengrin

You have no idea how badly I want to have the whole game on my PC too, would be a great way to take away the blues after witnessing a tough Hibs loss.

So, eh, any chance we might see that video make it's way to a file host? Please?

:pray::pray:

Sprouleflyer
12-07-2013, 08:58 PM

It was a tackle by Brellier at Tynie on Jan 28th. Brown was subbed by Fletcher after 40 mins. He played against Rangers in the SC the next week with a broken leg! How Brellier stayed on the park was a mystery to me!

sbell1875
12-07-2013, 11:08 PM

I was back from New York 7 hours before the game, jet lagged and in traffic for nearly 2 hours on the M8 and I still recall the words from Hugh Keevings on Clyde FM pre-match "I expect Rangers to win comfortably. No one in their right mind would put money on Hibs winning" or words to that effect!

A truly epic evening!

Pretty Boy
12-07-2013, 11:10 PM
I was back from New York 7 hours before the game, jet lagged and in traffic for nearly 2 hours on the M8 and I still recall the words from Hugh Keevings on Clyde FM pre-match "I expect Rangers to win comfortably. No one in their right mind would put money on Hibs winning" or words to that effect!

A truly epic evening!

I had a ticket but after the performance against Hearts on the Saturday I decided to give it a miss and play in a poker competition instead.

Hibs won 0-3 and I went out at the 1st table. Good dcision.

Slicer
13-07-2013, 02:10 AM
I'd like to watch this again too!! My favourite away day, I'm sure they protested after the match and it wasn't long before McLeish left.

I remember Brown making a couple of crucial saves but thought at the time Boyd should have scored with his head.

We scored early in the second half and the rest of the game was a party enjoyed by 7,500 Hibbys.

"We are the people..." They loved it when we sung that!!

Pete
13-07-2013, 03:45 AM
I'd like to watch this again too!! My favourite away day, I'm sure they protested after the match and it wasn't long before McLeish left.

I remember Brown making a couple of crucial saves but thought at the time Boyd should have scored with his head.

We scored early in the second half and the rest of the game was a party enjoyed by 7,500 Hibbys.

:tee hee: there was 5500 there at least and 6000 at a push.

I remember looking at the queue for the subway to head to the match and I was lucky that others also decided to **** it and get a taxi. Great chat with the young rangers boy and I hope the hibby with his bird got on ok.

Mass protests afterwards...but there were guys who went spare when we sang that "we are the people". The bottom right corner was empty and I remember Huns getting excited in that part.

It was a good match but last seasons away days will take some beating. The Killie match tops this one for me. I don't think words can describe the way we have become one since that defeat. It's as if we have been reborn!

It's strength to strength for one club in the city and admin15tration for the other.

Alex Trager
13-07-2013, 04:47 AM
:tee hee: there was 5500 there at least and 6000 at a push.

I remember looking at the queue for the subway to head to the match and I was lucky that others also decided to **** it and get a taxi. Great chat with the young rangers boy and I hope the hibby with his bird got on ok.

Mass protests afterwards...but there were guys who went spare when we sang that "we are the people". The bottom right corner was empty and I remember Huns getting excited in that part.

It was a good match but last seasons away days will take some beating. The Killie match tops this one for me. I don't think words can describe the way we have become one since that defeat. It's as if we have been reborn!

It's strength to strength for one club in the city and admin15tration for the other.

Na this can't be right mate, we died a few years ago. Don't you recall? ;)

But seriously subsequent Scottish cup character has been a lot different. To think we got to the semis that year and it took us a further six years to reach the final and somehow three finals in a row, ending the hoodoo on the third one. What a week that was ;)

joe breezy
13-07-2013, 06:18 AM
I bought a DVD of the game on eBay. Not sure where it is now or if I still have it though.

Good day out

brog
13-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I was at Pebble Beach in USA, was woken from 5am on with text messages coming through! Later in the day I was having a beer in The Lodge, ( the clubhouse :greengrin) & the barman told me a bunch of Scots came in every Saturday. He then added they were Oldco fans & went home for the cup final every year! I told him they would be saving a few bob this year. I got quietly p---ed &, probably just as well, they never showed. :wink:

hfc rd
13-07-2013, 08:27 AM
The good times. Game was played on my birthday. Couldn't have asked for a better birthday present! What a game!

Hermit Crab
13-07-2013, 09:47 AM
The best game was the 3rd 0-3 victory in midweek. Only around 250 hibbys there that might. :)

Heisenberg
13-07-2013, 09:55 AM
The best game was the 3rd 0-3 victory in midweek. Only around 250 hibbys there that might. :)

Fantastic stuff. I just remember the guy in front of me turning round after every goal with a look of utter shock on his face, didnt know what was going on! A small number of hibees in the corner going mental as we watched a terrible Hibs team slot in the third at an emptying Ibrox stadium. Class.

Holmesdale Hibs
14-07-2013, 02:04 PM
I was at the Sproule game but watched the cup game in the pub.

Some mates went to both games and described the cup game as 'even better'. Must have been unbelievable tas he Sproule game was one of the best games I've ever seen.

Sweet Left Peg
14-07-2013, 02:25 PM

Most of my college class were Huns at that time. The ones who were at the match said a couple of guys were chucked out the Govan Stand when we were singing "We are the people". They had been trying to wind me up all week before the match. So when I went in on Monday morning and deliberately said nothing, I could sense that they were seething.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2013, 04:52 PM
So when I went in on Monday morning and deliberately said nothing, I could sense that they were seething.

I must admit thats a method I frequently implement too, its quite "pleasing" to see folk sitting suffering all day in anticipation of a slagging! Usually finish off the day with a "did you enjoy the game at the weekend" on my way out the door, job done!

Sweet Left Peg
14-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I must admit thats a method I frequently implement too, its quite "pleasing" to see folk sitting suffering all day in anticipation of a slagging! Usually finish off the day with a "did you enjoy the game at the weekend" on my way out the door, job done!

That's pretty much how it went, although I just said "We are the people!" and suggested it was now a Hibs song. One of my favourite non-ER matches. Totally deserved too.

jonty
14-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Front row seats just to the left behind the goals meant we were in almost every paper and tv report that showed the highlights :greengrin

Framed pic in the hall with my ticket, showing Garry O celebrating and us going mad in the stand. Happy Days.

Jones28
14-07-2013, 11:14 PM
What a game, one of my absolute favourite away days!

TheFamous1875
14-07-2013, 11:23 PM
http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/_classics/?page=services/media2&sort=Name&show=50&filter=All&skip=0&force=0&file=Rangers%200%20Hibernian%203%20-%20Feb%202006%20%20-%20Full%20Match.wmv

Can't get it to work on my iPad, but hoping it'll work when I get hold of a laptop. This working for anyone? Its says it's the full match.