PDA

View Full Version : Europa League 3rd QR draw (Swansea City v Malmo or Hibs)

Part/Time Supporter
11-07-2013, 10:27 PM
This is made on the Friday after the first game against Malmo.

Malmo/Hibs will be unseeded. Possible opponents are:

https://twitter.com/SPLstats/status/355447276195434496/photo/1

Stuttgart
Rubin Kazan or Jagodina
Sevilla
Standard Liege or KR Reykjavik
Udinese
Club Brugge
Hapoel Tel Aviv or Beroe Stara Zagora
Sparta Prague or BK Hacken*
Saint-Etienne
Lech Poznan or FK Honka
Trabzonspor or Derry City
Aalborg or Dila Gori
Anorthosis or Gefle*
Rosenborg or St Johnstone*
FC Zurich
Swansea City
MSK Zilina or Olimpia Ljubljana
Utrecht or Differdange
Maccabi Haifa or Khazar Lankaran
Rapid Vienna
Metalurgs Donetsk
Estoril Praia
Sturm Graz or Breidablik
Omonia Nicosia or Astra Giurgiu
Chornomorets Odessa or Dacia Chisinau
Vitesse
Debrecen or Stromsgodset
Kuban Krasnodar
Hajduk Split or Turnovo

*Teams are scored out because Malmo / Hibs can't be drawn against them due to country protection. I think. Motherwell (who enter at this round) are unseeded and can draw all the teams listed above except Rosenborg / St Johnstone.

At least half of those teams would be thanks for the cheque and goodbye. In the case of the either/or ties, the seeded team is to the left. St Johnstone are in the fortunate position that, if they can get past Rosenborg, they would be seeded for this round.

YehButNoBut
11-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Stand outs would be

Sevilla
Swansea
Stuttgart
Club Brugge
Udinese

Estoril Praia would be good also, a lovely seaside town just outside Lisbon, would be a great trip.

Liams
11-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Would love swansea, honestly just everything about the fixture is great, the welsh scots relationship, nights out, the style walse play, id love it

Centre Hawf
11-07-2013, 11:22 PM
I'd love to get Udinese. Watching Di Natale play in person would be a joy

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2013, 11:28 PM
St Etienne pour moi.

jgl07
11-07-2013, 11:31 PM
St Etienne pour moi.
Allez les Verts!

KWJ
11-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Gotta step up to take care of Malmo first! When was the last time we got past our first qualifier in the Europa/Uefa?

20 odd years?

Iggy Pope
11-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Seville is a fabulous place to visit. Game would be an irrelevance.
Swansea is a tie that we would all love - see how their new £13m man performs? (and it would be a good box office tie, seeing as it was Alan Curtis on a Friday night last time IIRC?)
St Etienne - What a shirt swapping opportunity. Allez Les Verts

Pumped upside down all round though I fear, after we inevitably master Malmo again.

Can we hope that Vitesse are as **** as they were a couple or three years ago? Or Utrecht still live in dread of a young Jimmy O'Rourke?
We gave this European football stuff to the World, time we started sorting them out again.

monktonharp
12-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Seville is a fabulous place to visit. Game would be an irrelevance.
Swansea is a tie that we would all love - see how their new £13m man performs? (and it would be a good box office tie, seeing as it was Alan Curtis on a Friday night last time IIRC?)
St Etienne - What a shirt swapping opportunity. Allez Les Verts

Pumped upside down all round though I fear, after we inevitably master Malmo again.

Can we hope that Vitesse are as **** as they were a couple or three years ago? Or Utrecht still live in dread of a young Jimmy O'Rourke?
We gave this European football stuff to the World, time we started sorting them out again.totally agree with all you've said but: we have unfinished business with the whole of the Belgian nation for a start! Anderlect,Brugge, and Liege if I remember all got the breaks against us. (could be wrong aboot Liege?anyhoo, ah dinnae like Belgians because o' that lol. Derry, is easy by the ferry. Swansea is even easier and I'd love to take my Welsh Hibernian supporting grandchildren(my choice not theirs :greengrin) and my eldest son ,doon tae the valleys and stick it right uppum. St Etienne, well that does have a certain jeun es se qua about it. do excuse my French though. any French speakers looking in can amend please on my behalf.

jgl07
12-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Gotta step up to take care of Malmo first! When was the last time we got past our first qualifier in the Europa/Uefa?

20 odd years?

If you count the Inter-Toto, which is similar to the level that Hibs are coming in this year, it was 2006-7 when Hibs beat Dinaburg before losing to Odense on away goals.

Iggy Pope
12-07-2013, 12:28 AM
totally agree with all you've said but: we have unfinished business with the whole of the Belgian nation for a start! Anderlect,Brugge, and Liege if I remember all got the breaks against us. (could be wrong aboot Liege?anyhoo, ah dinnae like Belgians because o' that lol. Derry, is easy by the ferry. Swansea is even easier and I'd love to take my Welsh Hibernian supporting grandchildren(my choice not theirs :greengrin) and my eldest son ,doon tae the valleys and stick it right uppum. St Etienne, well that does have a certain jeun es se qua about it. do excuse my French though. any French speakers looking in can amend please on my behalf.

Agreed. But it is Brugge yer wrong about. It was Liege. Wales in a next round tie would be a beezer. No doubt.

DH1875
12-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Seville would be an amazing trip. Best city in the whole of Spain without doubt. Only problem is it's absolutely roasting at this time of the year and it would kill us. Bit of a joke their even in the competition IMO though.

Keith_M
12-07-2013, 11:07 AM
P-TS, I find it quite touching that you think we even have a chance of getting to the next round :wink:

brian6-2
12-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Swansea please.............

Part/Time Supporter
12-07-2013, 12:12 PM
P-TS, I find it quite touching that you think we even have a chance of getting to the next round :wink:

I was quite surprised that Malmo made (somewhat) heavy weather of the Drogheda tie. I would still rate Hibs underdogs against them, but maybe not as much as I did before.

:cb

NAE NOOKIE
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
I was quite surprised that Malmo made (somewhat) heavy weather of the Drogheda tie. I would still rate Hibs underdogs against them, but maybe not as much as I did before.

:cb

For the first time in a long time I havnt seen any of Hibs pre season matches, but I havnt heard anything from any of the games to suggest we are up to speed, a drab 0 - 0 draw against Raith Rovers a week away from the first leg against Malmo is pretty uninspiring stuff.

Our unwillingness / inability to sign at least one decent experienced striker prior to the tie ( to my mind at least ) shows a disregard for Europe which is very disappointing stuff from the club. At this stage Caldwell and Handling, promising though they may be, are not going to get us into the next round and its unfair to expect them to.

Looking at the list of possible ties for the next round is positively mouth watering ... especially for those of us with no prospect of making the Malmo away game .... As things stand at the moment I for one dont think Hibs have a cat in hells chance of making the next round. I desperately want to be proved wrong because following Hibs into Europe is a long standing ambition of mine.

If we are going to approach European football in this way ................. Whats the point of trying to qualify for it in the first place?

Ah could greet ..... dammit !!!

Sir David Gray
12-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Seville would be an amazing trip. Best city in the whole of Spain without doubt. Only problem is it's absolutely roasting at this time of the year and it would kill us. Bit of a joke their even in the competition IMO though.

We could maybe even meet up with some of the last remaining Celtic fans who are still waiting to get their flights home after the UEFA Cup final 10 years ago.

monktonharp
12-07-2013, 10:55 PM
We could maybe even meet up with some of the last remaining Celtic fans who are still waiting to get their flights home after the UEFA Cup final 10 years ago.nae chance o' meeting the last of them. they all hitched a lift on an empty lorry passing through on it's way to Lisbon. he only charged them a back load rate.

down-the-slope
12-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Would love swansea, honestly just everything about the fixture is great, the welsh scots relationship, nights out, the style walse play, id love it

Try telling that to the police who would have to stop two firms intent on beating the S hit out of each other

Sweet Left Peg
14-07-2013, 09:12 PM
I'd love to get Udinese. Watching Di Natale play in person would be a joy

Had the pleasure of watching him play v Sampdoria last December in the game where only one Udinese fan made the trip. A very clever player indeed. I suspect we'd get royally pumped though.

nellio
14-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I'd love Swansea. As a Cardiff boy i'd be giving them hell for the full 90 mins :greengrin

Alex Trager
18-07-2013, 08:13 AM
When is the draw made for the next round? Does anyone know?

TRC
18-07-2013, 08:17 AM
tomorrow I think

Alex Trager
18-07-2013, 08:21 AM
tomorrow I think

Ah I see. Good stuff. Hopefully we have a good looking picture by then of us going through. Almost guaranteed to be another split option.

thebigman1875
18-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah, the draw is on Friday with the two legs on the 1st & the 8th of August.:greengrin

hibee19
18-07-2013, 10:18 AM
When is the draw made for the next round? Does anyone know?

Thats what I call confidence :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
18-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Thats what I call confidence :thumbsup:

There could be a headache with fixture congestion if we go on a good run. The main thing is we get may 14th off work for our trip to Turn for the final :agree:

lyonhibs
18-07-2013, 12:43 PM
If we get through and were to somehow draw FC Zurich, I would explode with joy.

KWJ
19-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Draw coming up 13:00CET (is that 12:00 BST?)

Here's who we could draw.

Group 2: Seeded
Breidablik (ISL)/SK Sturm Graz (AUT), Swansea City FC (ENG), FC Zürich (SUI) , FC Honka Espoo (FIN)/KKS Lech Poznań (POL), Vitesse (NED), FK Jagodina (SRB)/FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)

Unseeded
Randers FC (DEN), Skonto FC (LVA)/FC Slovan Liberec (CZE), FC Petrolul Ploieşti (ROU)/Vikingur (FRO), VMFD Žalgiris (LTU)/FC Pyunik (ARM), IL Hødd (NOR)/FC Aktobe (KAZ), Malmö FF (SWE)/Hibernian FC (SCO)

First leg scores

Breidablik 0-0 Sturm Graz.
Honka 1-3 Lech Poznan.
Jagodina 2-3 Rubin Kazan.

KWJ
19-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Maybe a good thing we don't get through, sure to receive a hiding if we do!

Cabbage East
19-07-2013, 08:58 AM
:rolleyes:

KWJ
19-07-2013, 09:00 AM
:rolleyes:

Dunno if that's for bothering to show who we could draw or for my 2nd post which was in jest. Of course I want us to get through. Couldnae be arsed with a smilie ken!

hibee92
19-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Had no idea the draw for the next round was today! The tie is far from over so will be watching this eagerly!

brydekirk
19-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Hibs could face Swansae if they overcome Malmo. Stv

Treadstone
19-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Anyone an idea of the last Scottish team to progress after losing the first leg and not scoring an away goal ?

Bristolhibby
19-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Anyone an idea of the last Scottish team to progress after losing the first leg and not scoring an away goal ?

I'm taking a punt that it has never happened, at least since UEFA Cup/Intertoto or Europa Cup.

J

hibee92
19-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Rangers vs Maritimo UEFA Cup 2004. Lost 1-0 away first leg, won 1-0 at home in the second leg and won on penalties.

Christ, last team to do it don't even exist anymore.

SteveHFC
19-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Swansea :)

hibeeleicester
19-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Anyone got a link?

KWJ
19-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Anyone got a link?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=europa+league

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-07-2013, 11:00 AM
This is an optimistic thread to say the least.

KWJ
19-07-2013, 11:03 AM
It's a factual update thread with some Hibs content!

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2014/draws/index.html

Live feed.

Moulin Yarns
19-07-2013, 11:03 AM
We could get Swansea....

Clubs entering
VfB Stuttgart (GER), Sevilla FC (ESP), Udinese Calcio (ITA), Club Brugge KV (BEL), AS Saint-Étienne (FRA), FC Zürich (SUI), Bursaspor (TUR), Swansea City AFC (ENG), SK Rapid Wien (AUT), FC Metalurh Donetsk (UKR), GD Estoril-Praia (POR), Vitesse (NED), FC Kuban Krasnodar (RUS), Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE), Randers FC (DEN), Motherwell FC (SCO), FK Jablonec (CZE), Hapoel Ramat Gan FC (ISR).
Seeding pots
Group 1: Seeded
Trabzonspor AŞ (TUR)/Derry City FC (IRL), FC Chornomorets Odesa (UKR)/FC Dacia Chisinau (MDA), Maccabi Haifa FC (ISR)/FC Khazar Lankaran (AZE), FC Astra Ploieşti (ROU)/AC Omonia (CYP), Udinese Calcio (ITA), Club Brugge KV (BEL)
Unseeded
WKS Śląsk Wrocław (POL)/FK Rudar Pljevlja (MNE), FK Ventspils (LVA)/AS Jeunesse Esch (LUX), FC Irtysh Pavlodar (KAZ)/NK Široki Brijeg (BIH), IFK Göteborg (SWE)/AS Trenčín (SVK) , FC Dinamo Minsk (BLR)/NK Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO) , FK Crvena Zvezda (SRB)/ÍBV Vestmannaeyjar (ISL)
Breidablik (ISL)/SK Sturm Graz (AUT), Swansea City FC (ENG), FC Zürich (SUI) , FC Honka Espoo (FIN)/KKS Lech Poznań (POL), Vitesse (NED), FK Jagodina (SRB)/FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)
Unseeded
Randers FC (DEN), Skonto FC (LVA)/FC Slovan Liberec (CZE), FC Petrolul Ploieşti (ROU)/Vikingur (FRO), VMFD Žalgiris (LTU)/FC Pyunik (ARM), IL Hødd (NOR)/FC Aktobe (KAZ), Malmö FF (SWE)/Hibernian FC (SCO)
Group 3: Seeded
PFC Beroe Stara Zagora (BUL)/Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR), Sevilla FC (ESP) , FC Metalurh Donetsk (UKR), FC Kuban Krasnodar (RUS), FC Dila Gori (GEO)/Aalborg BK (DEN), FC Differdange 03 (LUX)/FC Utrecht (NED)
Unseeded
Tromsø IL (NOR)/FC İnter Bakı (AZE), FK Kukësi (ALB)/FK Sarajevo (BIH), HNK Hajduk Split (CRO)/FK Turnovo (MKD), Motherwell FC (SCO), FC Levadia Tallinn (EST)/CS Pandurii Lignitul Târgu Jiu (ROU), FK Mladost Podgorica (MNE)/FK Senica (SVK)
Group 4: Seeded
NK Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)/MŠK Žilina (SVK), AS Saint-Étienne (FRA), Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP)/Gefle IF (SWE), VfB Stuttgart (GER), Strømsgodset TF (NOR)/Debreceni VSC (HUN), SK Rapid Wien (AUT)
Unseeded
Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE), Qarabağ FK (AZE)/GKS Piast Gliwice (POL), FK Jablonec (CZE), HŠK Zrinjski (BIH)/PFC Botev Plovdiv (BUL), HNK Rijeka (CRO)/Prestatyn Town FC (WAL), FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR)/FC Milsami Orhei (MDA)
Group 5: Seeded
GD Estoril-Praia (POR), AC Sparta Praha (CZE)/BK Häcken (SWE), Bursaspor (TUR), Rosenborg BK (NOR)/Saint Johnstone FC (SCO), KR Rejkyavík (ISL)/R. Standard de Liège (BEL)
Unseeded
Valletta FC (MLT)/FC Minsk (BLR), FK Vojvodina (SRB)/Budapest Honvéd FC (HUN), Skoda Xanthi FC (GRE)/Linfield FC (NIR), Hapoel Ramat Gan FC (ISR), FC Thun (SUI)/FC Chikhura Sachkhere (GEO)

lugz
19-07-2013, 11:05 AM
We can't get Swansea....

Clubs entering
VfB Stuttgart (GER), Sevilla FC (ESP), Udinese Calcio (ITA), Club Brugge KV (BEL), AS Saint-Étienne (FRA), FC Zürich (SUI), Bursaspor (TUR), Swansea City AFC (ENG), SK Rapid Wien (AUT), FC Metalurh Donetsk (UKR), GD Estoril-Praia (POR), Vitesse (NED), FC Kuban Krasnodar (RUS), Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE), Randers FC (DEN), Motherwell FC (SCO), FK Jablonec (CZE), Hapoel Ramat Gan FC (ISR).
Seeding pots
Group 1: Seeded
Trabzonspor AŞ (TUR)/Derry City FC (IRL), FC Chornomorets Odesa (UKR)/FC Dacia Chisinau (MDA), Maccabi Haifa FC (ISR)/FC Khazar Lankaran (AZE), FC Astra Ploieşti (ROU)/AC Omonia (CYP), Udinese Calcio (ITA), Club Brugge KV (BEL)
Unseeded
WKS Śląsk Wrocław (POL)/FK Rudar Pljevlja (MNE), FK Ventspils (LVA)/AS Jeunesse Esch (LUX), FC Irtysh Pavlodar (KAZ)/NK Široki Brijeg (BIH), IFK Göteborg (SWE)/AS Trenčín (SVK) , FC Dinamo Minsk (BLR)/NK Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO) , FK Crvena Zvezda (SRB)/ÍBV Vestmannaeyjar (ISL)
Unseeded
Group 3: Seeded
PFC Beroe Stara Zagora (BUL)/Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC (ISR), Sevilla FC (ESP) , FC Metalurh Donetsk (UKR), FC Kuban Krasnodar (RUS), FC Dila Gori (GEO)/Aalborg BK (DEN), FC Differdange 03 (LUX)/FC Utrecht (NED)
Unseeded
Tromsø IL (NOR)/FC İnter Bakı (AZE), FK Kukësi (ALB)/FK Sarajevo (BIH), HNK Hajduk Split (CRO)/FK Turnovo (MKD), Motherwell FC (SCO), FC Levadia Tallinn (EST)/CS Pandurii Lignitul Târgu Jiu (ROU), FK Mladost Podgorica (MNE)/FK Senica (SVK)
Group 4: Seeded
NK Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)/MŠK Žilina (SVK), AS Saint-Étienne (FRA), Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP)/Gefle IF (SWE), VfB Stuttgart (GER), Strømsgodset TF (NOR)/Debreceni VSC (HUN), SK Rapid Wien (AUT)
Unseeded
Asteras Tripolis FC (GRE), Qarabağ FK (AZE)/GKS Piast Gliwice (POL), FK Jablonec (CZE), HŠK Zrinjski (BIH)/PFC Botev Plovdiv (BUL), HNK Rijeka (CRO)/Prestatyn Town FC (WAL), FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR)/FC Milsami Orhei (MDA)
Group 5: Seeded
GD Estoril-Praia (POR), AC Sparta Praha (CZE)/BK Häcken (SWE), Bursaspor (TUR), Rosenborg BK (NOR)/Saint Johnstone FC (SCO), KR Rejkyavík (ISL)/R. Standard de Liège (BEL)
Unseeded
Valletta FC (MLT)/FC Minsk (BLR), FK Vojvodina (SRB)/Budapest Honvéd FC (HUN), Skoda Xanthi FC (GRE)/Linfield FC (NIR), Hapoel Ramat Gan FC (ISR), FC Thun (SUI)/FC Chikhura Sachkhere (GEO)

Apart from the fact that we won't over turn the first leg score, how no?

Callum_62
19-07-2013, 11:08 AM
wow...!!! Swansea, away 1st leg

Moulin Yarns
Apart from the fact that we won't over turn the first leg score, how no?
Misunderstood the draw. We WILL get a seeded team from pot 2.

hibee92
Swansea!!!

KWJ
And we have.

Hibs/Malmo v Swansea.

joe breezy
19-07-2013, 11:09 AM
I hope we go through and get Swansea

That would be amazing - hope we sign a striker before the 25th

Sweep
Draw has been made, First out the pot.

Swansea V hibs or Malmo

Callum_62

we got Swansea....no?

lugz
19-07-2013, 11:10 AM

Thought that was the case, hopefully a big draw would fire the players up that wee bit more.

Gmack7
19-07-2013, 11:10 AM
His much are the flights

hibee92
19-07-2013, 11:11 AM
How good would it be if we got through, please Hibs.

LancashireHibby
19-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Get the flights booked to Swansea!!

KWJ
19-07-2013, 11:13 AM
To be absoltely correct, it's not yet :wink:

Aye it is, Hibs were in the draw! :na na:

SteveHFC
19-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Swansea :)

:D

lucky
19-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Lucky if we get 500 hundred tickets. Another trip coming up

Dunderhall
19-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Blindingly optimistic but the Liberty only has a capacity of around 20K.
Will season ticket holders get priority? :cb

SteveHFC
19-07-2013, 11:23 AM

Maybe ;)

HH81
19-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Get the flights booked to Swansea!!

Doubt you would need to fly to Swansea Matt :greengrin

Hibs90
19-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Be a cracking tie if we can pull it off next week. Lets get ER packed and bouncing!!

IWasThere2016
19-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Wow - great draw! :pfgwa

Keith_M
19-07-2013, 11:35 AM
As if there wasn't enough incentive to overturn the cr*p result from last night, we now have this as a possible reward.

If only we had a striker like Leigh Griffiths...............

Hibby70
19-07-2013, 11:36 AM
who did motherwell and st johnstone get?

Moulin Yarns
Get the passport looked out. :wink:

Spike Mandela
What an incentive to win plus a tantalising example of the riches that can be had in the Europa league. C'mon Hibs we need a superhuman effort here!!

Moulin Yarns
19-07-2013, 11:37 AM
who did motherwell and st johnstone get?

Motherwell - FC Kuban Krasnodar (RUS)

St J v Valleta or Minsk

Hibernian Verse
19-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Motherwell will get destroyed by Kuban but St Johnstone may stand a chance

Pretty Boy
19-07-2013, 11:49 AM
What a draw.

All the more reason to get the finger out on Thursday.

Albanian Hibs
19-07-2013, 12:10 PM
When is the next round?

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Doubt we'll need 50000 tickets, we're not the big team!

FifeHibby
19-07-2013, 12:17 PM
When is the next round?

August 1st and 8th

brian6-2
19-07-2013, 12:19 PM
swanasea if we get through.

Dashing Bob S
19-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Swansea sell out the Liberty for EPL games. Their fans won't be overly excited about a Thursday night versus Hibs/Malmo. I reckon we/they will get as many tickets as we/they want.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Swansea sell out the Liberty for EPL games. Their fans won't be overly excited about a Thursday night versus Hibs/Malmo. I reckon we/they will get as many tickets as we/they want.

I had a quick look on a Swansea MB a wee while ago - they're barely batting an eye lid, and understandably think they'll face a trip to Malmo. A couple expressed a desire to go to Edinburgh, though one guy commented that Edinburgh women are ginger and "probably hairier than you" to another poster.

Classic.

oramhibee
19-07-2013, 12:39 PM
I remember going to see Swansea win the Playoff final in 2011 (I think). They beat Reading 4-2 and went into the Premier League so have had a soft spot for them since then. Stephen Dobbie and Ma-Kalambay played for Swansea then. But before Swansea we need to finish off Malmo.

Moulin Yarns
19-07-2013, 12:42 PM
I had a quick look on a Swansea MB a wee while ago - they're barely batting an eye lid, and understandably think they'll face a trip to Malmo. A couple expressed a desire to go to Edinburgh, though one guy commented that Edinburgh women are ginger and "probably hairier than you" to another poster.

Classic.

Aye, but Welsh women are woolier :wink:

JeMeSouviens
19-07-2013, 12:43 PM
This is a all a bit Jim Bowen and the speedboat isn't it? :(

Part/Time Supporter
19-07-2013, 12:50 PM
This is a all a bit Jim Bowen and the speedboat isn't it? :(

Here's what you could have won...

cwilliamson85
19-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Doubt you would need to fly to Swansea Matt :greengrin

Looking at travel it is cheaper and quicker to fly (espcially from Glasgow as its nearly half the cost than edinburgh flights) to cardiff and then train from there to swansea rather than bus or train.

(I did only check the 1st aug though).

DH1875
19-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Under UEFA rules we're guaranteed at least 1000 IF we make it through :aok:.

leggeto
19-07-2013, 01:58 PM
remember to pack your velcro gloves :wink:

Keith_M
19-07-2013, 02:03 PM

:confused:

Jones28
19-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Classic.

Coming from a Welshman? :faf:

That is a cracking draw!

hibsbollah
19-07-2013, 02:36 PM

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F

Greendub
19-07-2013, 02:40 PM
:confused:

So the birds(sheep) dinny get away!

Pete
19-07-2013, 03:08 PM
If anyone was thinking about giving the malmo game a miss you can forget it. A raucous crowd thats 100% behind the team can help spur the boys on.

We can do this and there's some prize if we can!

The Sea-gull
19-07-2013, 03:14 PM
We can turn this round. It will be tough and the odds are against us but that was always going to be the case as Malmo were a tough sounding draw and it has proven to be correct.

Just wish Pat and/or the Board had taken Eurpoe a bit more seriously and got a full squad together in time for these games to give us every chance possible. We are still a quality centre half and a striker light. Not saying having these players would have got us past Malmo but it would have increased our chances.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-07-2013, 03:26 PM
So Twin Town versus Trainspotting or Wallander ;)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Lets create an atmosphere like this again

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sZNX1ZlWkmc#

YehButNoBut
19-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Would be a great tie for OTJ :agree:

Owain Tudur Jones ‏@OwainTJones17 Disappointing result last night. Malmo's sharpness from being mid-season was evident. Lads battled well. Give it everything in 2nd leg...

Owain Tudur Jones ‏@OwainTJones17 ..to get into next round for a couple of encounters with The Mighty Swans. Swansea fans have waited a long time for the return of king owain.

NAE NOOKIE
19-07-2013, 06:30 PM
First off I dont think we would have too much problem with tickets for Swansea. A great chance for a decent trip with a good few thousand Hibbies wanting to go ... but for the Swans fans its probably not their idea of a glamour tie, so its possible we could get at least 3000 tickets.

The upside for the club is that the prospect of a game against an EPL side if we made it through to the next round could add a couple of thousand to the gate next Thursday and make the crowd and players more 'up for it'.

However:

I dont know if Hibs were taking the Europa League seriously or not. The impression I have is that they didnt think it was worth the risk of trying to bring in at least one decent striker for the Malmo game ( though I understand Vine was decent in Sweden ) and thats my problem. Its a fine line between being carefull not to overstretch the clubs finances and being too short sighted to see that some risk is required if you want to get the club to the stage where big money can be made from big games.

My guess would be that failure to get into the next round will probably cost Hibs in the region of £545,000 if ER was sold out for a home game with Swansea.

Thats based on 5,000 kids / OAP tickets at £15 and 15,000 ordinary tickets at £28. Plus a possible £50,000 from TV rights.

Probably an overestimation, but that doesnt count folk buying food & drink, programmes, hospitality and stuff from the Hibs shop.

Motherwell have signed McFadyen and McManus in the last week. Two guys with European and International experience. If Motherwell are signing these guys they must be within our price range .... dont we need players like that?

I know that a lot of folk are getting fed up with post like this, which is understandable, but I for one cant help being bloody annoyed that our complacency looks like costing us ( lets face it me :greengrin ) a really decent away trip and the club a whole wedge of cash.

See ya Thursday.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2013, 08:54 PM
one of my first Hibs games was vs Swansea in a dreary midweek friendly at the Holy Ground.

Seekyit
19-07-2013, 09:31 PM
one of my first Hibs games was vs Swansea in a dreary midweek friendly at the Holy Ground.

1-1, 1980?

We equalised with about 3 minutes to go.

I think.

Frazerbob
19-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Had some cracking nights out in Swansea!

IberianHibernian
19-07-2013, 09:38 PM
one of my first Hibs games was vs Swansea in a dreary midweek friendly at the Holy Ground.Seem to remember a Friday friendly against Swansea when Toshack was their manager . Was the night before Wales played at Murrayfield and Hibs hoped some rugby fans would boost gate but there were only about 5000 there . Think we won 1v0 .

cabbageandribs1875
19-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Seem to remember a Friday friendly against Swansea when Toshack was their manager . Was the night before Wales played at Murrayfield and Hibs hoped some rugby fans would boost gate but there were only about 5000 there . Think we won 1v0 .

we did :flag: sir patrick of stanton was our manager

down-the-slope
19-07-2013, 09:47 PM
I have said to a number of fellow Hibbies that I was not going to Malmo...saving myself for next round......:greengrin

Now I am really hoping we can do the seemingly impossible and get through (those chances to get the away goal now seem even more crucial)

Got my tickets for next week today....lets hope its AEK all over again with the last gasp header actually going in..:flag:

IberianHibernian
19-07-2013, 09:59 PM
First off I dont think we would have too much problem with tickets for Swansea. A great chance for a decent trip with a good few thousand Hibbies wanting to go ... but for the Swans fans its probably not their idea of a glamour tie, so its possible we could get at least 3000 tickets.

The upside for the club is that the prospect of a game against an EPL side if we made it through to the next round could add a couple of thousand to the gate next Thursday and make the crowd and players more 'up for it'.

However:

I dont know if Hibs were taking the Europa League seriously or not. The impression I have is that they didnt think it was worth the risk of trying to bring in at least one decent striker for the Malmo game ( though I understand Vine was decent in Sweden ) and thats my problem. Its a fine line between being carefull not to overstretch the clubs finances and being too short sighted to see that some risk is required if you want to get the club to the stage where big money can be made from big games.

My guess would be that failure to get into the next round will probably cost Hibs in the region of £545,000 if ER was sold out for a home game with Swansea.

Thats based on 5,000 kids / OAP tickets at £15 and 15,000 ordinary tickets at £28. Plus a possible £50,000 from TV rights.

Probably an overestimation, but that doesnt count folk buying food & drink, programmes, hospitality and stuff from the Hibs shop.

Motherwell have signed McFadyen and McManus in the last week. Two guys with European and International experience. If Motherwell are signing these guys they must be within our price range .... dont we need players like that?

I know that a lot of folk are getting fed up with post like this, which is understandable, but I for one cant help being bloody annoyed that our complacency looks like costing us ( lets face it me :greengrin ) a really decent away trip and the club a whole wedge of cash.

See ya Thursday.Think the cash from a posible Swansea tie is a bit of an exaggeration . TV would be more than 50,000 pounds but crowd would be smaller at those prices - many folk seem to be obsessed with English league in Scotland but many of them only watch in the pub . Would still mean a lot of money for us though unless first leg hammering reduced crowd drastically . As for signings , Motherwell pair have both had injuries and won`t be cheap and I`m sure we have tried to make more signings . In fact I wouldn`t be surprised if we signed a couple of players straight after 2nd leg v Malmo IF we win and know we have cash coming in .
Agree that club don`t seem to show much interest in Europa League but reduction in news from club seems to happen every July - down to staff holidays I suppose but still strange at a time that season tickets and shirts need to be sold and players all over the world and their agents need to know who Hibernian FC are .

IberianHibernian
19-07-2013, 10:12 PM
we did :flag: sir patrick of stanton was our managerAt least 30 years ago then ! Seems like yesterday . 1982 or early 1983 ? I always thought Paddy Stanton did a good job as manager at a difficult time , something that is not always acknowledged by journalists and writers who wrote quick histories of Hibs in the 80s and wrote the easy " great player , poor manager " in some cases without really looking at results , performances etc. Anyway , low crowd at Swansea friendly ( though also because it was on a Friday at a time when midweek football meant Tuesday or Wednesday ) was at a time of low crowds which made it hard for any manager . Remember Toshack being interviwed at the time and saying he`d supported Hibs since living near Edinburgh ( Dunfermline perhaps ) as a child ( mother from Fife perhaps ) .

Liberal Hibby
19-07-2013, 10:24 PM
I now really hope we win. Hibs v Swansea would be a cracking tie and would be close to sell out at both ends. Swansea fans have probably also done more to save their club for their fans than any other club.

And one of the driving forces behind the fans' rescue of Swansea was a good mate of mine - the wonderfully named Richard Lillicrap (http://livingonwords.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/saving-of-swans.html)- who sadly died six years ago. He would have loved a Hibs v Swans Euro tie.

joe breezy
19-07-2013, 11:04 PM
I hate Swansea - they are the Hearts of Wales

DH1875
20-07-2013, 12:06 AM

EH? Please explain that one :confused:

joe breezy
20-07-2013, 12:36 AM
EH? Please explain that one :confused:

Swansea Loyal

Union Jacks

No Surrender..,,

compared to Cardiff City

Soul Crew
Keep the Faith
no Union Jacks to be found...

joe breezy
20-07-2013, 12:43 AM

the Hearts of Wales....

LancashireHibby
20-07-2013, 05:17 AM
That's a confusing flag right there!

Onion
20-07-2013, 06:08 AM

However:

See ya Thursday.

All very fair points and we all know where the problem lies.

RamblingJack
20-07-2013, 08:33 AM

:thumbsup: It's only 39 degrees here today!!!

NAE NOOKIE
20-07-2013, 10:08 AM
First leg .... 01/08/2013.

Still couldnt go .. nae chance of getting the time off work. I'm now confident we will turn Malmo over on Thursday so that cruel luck can have a laugh at my expense once again. :boo hoo:

heretoday
20-07-2013, 10:49 AM

What? Bigger than Cardiff?

edinburghhibee
20-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Anyone else really disappointed with the next round draw??? I'm gutted we didn't get a big club... Like the size of our neighbours :(

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 02:40 PM
What a draw.

All the more reason to get the finger out on Thursday.

Anyone been on the Swansea forums to gauge opinion on facing the mighty Hibees - well maybe.

:)

C'mon the Hibs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

YehButNoBut
22-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Good article by The Swansea Way on their opponents for the next round.

Like their view on OTJ & forgot that Kuqi was an ex Swan as well.

http://www.theswanseaway.co.uk/2013/07/swansea-to-face-malmo-or-hibs-in-europa.html

Bit of trivia here; former Swan Shefki Kuqi spent last season at Hibs after signing on a free transfer. He only started twice (a further twelve appearances coming off the bench) however manager Pat Fenlon clearly thought he had a positive effect on the squad (http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/pat-fenlon-says-shefki-kuqi-made-impact-at-hibs-1-2957001). Another ex-Swan at Easter Road is Owain Tudur-Jones. The Welsh international has had a stop-start career that's been derailed by injury a few times, but it seems he's making a name for himself in Scotland. After signing for Inverness Caledonian Thistle he started well before injuring a knee ligament which required surgery, but he recovered to make 33 appearances the following season - impressing enough to draw the attention of Hibs, and they subsequently (and successfully) made an approach for the languid midfielder.

We could well see Owain line-up against us, and I for one would be pleased to see him succeed at Hibs. I always felt if he could steer clear of injury he could play at a high level, and it seems he's slowly getting there - he was sent off twice last season though, alongside two others the most any one player saw red in the league that year. I don't remember him being particularly tasty!

HibeeEmma
22-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Can get to Swansea for £55 from Edinburgh.

If only we stood a chance...

Billy Whizz
22-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Can get to Swansea for £55 from Edinburgh.

If only we stood a chance...

What route Emma, and is this a return

gorgie greens
22-07-2013, 06:28 PM
What route Emma, and is this a return

It's about 40 mins from me,would love to see Hibs play them,I prefer Cardiif City to the. Jacks,but it's a great place to have a few liquid refreshments,n my mrs is not a woolie,bah

erin go bragh
22-07-2013, 07:57 PM
First leg .... 01/08/2013.

Still couldnt go .. nae chance of getting the time off work. I'm now confident we will turn Malmo over on Thursday so that cruel luck can have a laugh at my expense once again. :boo hoo:
Well im flying out to Corfu on Thurs 25th ,so ill miss the Malmo game ,then if we get through ill miss both legs of the Swansea tie as i dont get back till thurs night 8th Aug .

But ill be available for all the group games :greengrin

ggtth

Swanseajack81
22-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi Lads

I hope you beat Malmo as I can see a healthy 2,000-3,000 Swansea Jacks making the trip North to Scotland,and the more british teams in the competition the better.

madabouthibs
22-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Be a great day out likes, unfortunately, realistically, its a tall order for us. Filling the stadium would be a great start on the night though. :agree::flag::flag:

AlbertK86
22-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Lets hope so ... Expect 4-5000 Hibees to invade Swansea if we get through

c31
22-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi Lads

I hope you beat Malmo as I can see a healthy 2,000-3,000 Swansea Jacks making the trip North to Scotland,and the more british teams in the competition the better.

I hope we get the same allocation down at your bit (if we get through)...how may does your away fans section hold?

Tha Cabbage Kid
22-07-2013, 08:40 PM
would be a much more meaningful game thats for sure!
i'll be making the trip to scotland this Thursday to shout on the lads so here's hoping the famous hi-bees will be your opponents!

:flag:

Cabbage East
22-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi Lads

If we get through you'll have double that amount of Hibs in Swansea. How many do you give to away support in europe, I know your stadium isn't the biggest?

joe breezy
22-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Fingers crossed....

Pretty Boy
22-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Would love us to get through and face Swansea.

Obviously massive underdogs but would be a great away trip and a good test for the team.

Swanseajack81
22-07-2013, 08:55 PM
If we get through you'll have double that amount of Hibs in Swansea. How many do you give to away support in europe, I know your stadium isn't the biggest?

Our ground holds just over 21,000 now as more seats were put in this year,with plans going through of expanding it to 32,000. The Liberty can hold up to 3,000 away fans,pretty sure the match will be not far off a sell out aginst Hibs or Malmo seeing as we haven't been in Europe since 1991.

madabouthibs
22-07-2013, 09:10 PM
3k in your away end? Crikey, we'll have to be quick! :greengrin

sbell1875
22-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I know of enough interest to take an entire minibus down to Swansea if we can overcome Malmo.

I'm crossing my fingers we can do it as I think the game will be a great spectacle. Swansea are a fantastic football team and there are a few players I'd love to see grace the Easter Road pitch.

Plus, I really don't like Cardiff City so Swansea are my Welsh crush!

Cabbage East
22-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Our ground holds just over 21,000 now as more seats were put in this year,with plans going through of expanding it to 32,000. The Liberty can hold up to 3,000 away fans,pretty sure the match will be not far off a sell out aginst Hibs or Malmo seeing as we haven't been in Europe since 1991.

Cheers pal.

Jesus, we'll need to be quick then if we'll only get 3k! You'd get 3,600 at our place probably. Here's hoping we put Malmo out on Thurs...

hibs4thecup1988
22-07-2013, 09:14 PM
3k in your away end? Crikey, we'll have to be quick! :greengrin

1 or 2 per season ticket? :duck:

Sylar
22-07-2013, 09:21 PM
1 or 2 per season ticket? :duck:

The Tache will be introducing an Early Early bird offer for 2014-15 STs if we get past Malmo :greengrin

"Guarantee your place at the Liberty Stadium by purchasing next year's ST now!"

hibs4thecup1988
22-07-2013, 09:28 PM
The Tache will be introducing an Early Early bird offer for 2014-15 STs if we get past Malmo :greengrin

"Guarantee your place at the Liberty Stadium by purchasing next year's ST now!"

As long as there is a payment plan I will do it :greengrin

.Sean.
22-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Should we get through I doubt i'd even get a day off for Swansea :boo hoo:

Dunderhall
22-07-2013, 09:36 PM
You could always move it to Anfield. :idea:... :greengrin

Leithenhibby
22-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Hi Lads

Welcome Mr :wink:

I'd love to see us beat Malmo and take your guys on!.. You are so right, re: British teams :aok:

Swanseajack81
23-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Really hope you boys turn over the Swedes I don't fancy paying £10 a pint I've had a good few nights out in Edinburgh over the years the last time was about 8 years ago to watch the egg chasers

Met a couple of good Hibs lads in Falaraki in 1992 called Jay-Jay & Deeco.. a stab in the dark has anyone heard of these lads?

down-the-slope
23-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Here's another Hurdle....

Swans sign £12 million forward (now has clearance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23426205

Vault Boy
23-07-2013, 04:31 PM
They'd be really tough opponents anyway and Bony looks like a good signing for them. :agree:
I was disappointed West Ham couldn't capture him when they were looking into it.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Here's another Hurdle....

Swans sign £12 million forward (now has clearance

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23426205

I think it will take longer to get to Swansea than getting to Malmo!!

Mikey
23-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Just shows how much money Sky chucks at the game down there when a club in a city with a population that's less than half that of Edinburgh can buy a player for £12m. And on top of that they've got to find the money to pay him.

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Sitting in the BA lounge at Lagos airport a couple of trips ago I got talking to a guy who was a Swansea shareholder. Despite everything he was telling me that they made a 15 million pound profit in the previous season. Not bad at all.

Swanseajack81
23-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Sitting in the BA lounge at Lagos airport a couple of trips ago I got talking to a guy who was a Swansea shareholder. Despite everything he was telling me that they made a 15 million pound profit in the previous season. Not bad at all.

I think I'm right in saying Swansea City and Arsenal are the only Premiership clubs in the black!

Our chairman & board of directors are all from Swansea and all SCFC fans who have all stood on the North Bank at some stage of their lives,our biggest saviour of recent years is Martin Morgan a massive Swansea City fan with a typical story of local boy done good, he is the owner of Travel House a travel company he set up with his wife just before the internet boom he is worth £40M now and bank rolled Swansea City out of a lot of probelms in the dark years :aok: