PDA

View Full Version : NHC - Barca stadium tours

Craig_in_Prague
10-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Has anyone done a tour at Camp Nou?
Is it easy to get tickets and worth it etc?
Cheers

Admins please move to appropriate forum if need be.

HibbyDave
10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Very easy to buy tickets at the stadium. Cost around 25 euro and well worth it! Went at new year last year and I thought it was great.

SmashinGlass
10-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Has anyone done a tour at Camp Nou?
Is it easy to get tickets and worth it etc?
Cheers

Admins please move to appropriate forum if need be.

I was there and did the tour in April. It's about 18 euros from memory and you have the option of booking in advance if need be. When I went, the queues were fairly short, so it was no problem getting tickets, but would imagine at busier times, per-booking would be prudent.

As for the tour itself, I thought it was worth the money, although it can get quite busy. You could easily spend as long as you want in there as there's a lot to see. As is normal though, you get let out into the club superstore, so be wary if you have kids. The stadium is impressive from pitch level and the tour can be done at a leisurely pace.

Hope you enjoy :thumbsup:

nellio
10-07-2013, 08:26 PM
I went last year. Really easy to get tickets. About 18 euro?

Trophy room is immense and messi's balon d'or's are all in there as well as champions league tropies, cops del rey's, la liga, Spanish supercup, European super cup, wold club championship etc.

tour the stadium at your own pace, really worth the admission fee, you get to see pretty much everything.

Ive done the stadium tour at the bernabau and it was comparible with that one and that's the best one I've been on with the millennium stadium.

CalgaryHibs
10-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Have agree with what is said, worththe time and money,best part was standing on touch line. Second best part sitting n the press box. I"ll do it again .

--------
10-07-2013, 09:23 PM
A couple of friends were on holiday there this year and took in the stadium. One is disabled - needs a chair to get about - but the staff were totally accommodating, couldn't have been more helpful, got him all over the stadium. He thoroughly enjoyed it - said it was one of the highlights of the holiday.

Biggie
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Do they still not let you in the home dressing room?........disappointed at that part, but mighty impressive all the same.

Allant1981
10-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I went when i was on holiday in salou a few years ago, stadium is massive. Dont know how folk see way up in the cheap seats

Just_Jimmy
11-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Do they still not let you in the home dressing room?........disappointed at that part, but mighty impressive all the same.

I've never been but my folks did it the tour when they were in Barcelona years ago and my auld man has pictures in the dressing rooms. Luis enrique was there at the time so a while back. The steve archibald stuff was his highlight.

Said there were tons of huns and celtic supports going on about the old firm and he mentioned hibs and east fife and the guide went daft talking about archibald.

Craig_in_Prague
11-07-2013, 04:41 AM
I done the Bernabau tour a few yeas ago, if its as good as that I'll he happy.
Staying about 1 hour away from Barcelona but have always liked Barca and it would be just brilliant if I could manage to see their stadium.
Hope its also easy to get too with public transport?

Anyway thanks all for the positive comments, really hope I get along!

JeMeSouviens
11-07-2013, 08:06 AM
I done the Bernabau tour a few yeas ago, if its as good as that I'll he happy.
Staying about 1 hour away from Barcelona but have always liked Barca and it would be just brilliant if I could manage to see their stadium.
Hope its also easy to get too with public transport?

Anyway thanks all for the positive comments, really hope I get along!

A couple of the metro lines run close by it or you can use the open topped sightseeing bus. It works on a day ticket hop on/off setup so you can use it to tour the main sights that are out of the centre: Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia etc. If you're asking for directions, btw, the locals pronounce it "camp now" not "noo camp".

I guess if you're going now this doesn't apply, but although the stadium visit is good, it's much better to actually go to a game and tickets are easy to get apart from Madrid games. You can just buy them at the stadium or from the "la caixa" bank ATMs anywhere around Barcelona.

Craig_in_Prague
11-07-2013, 08:17 AM
A couple of the metro lines run close by it or you can use the open topped sightseeing bus. It works on a day ticket hop on/off setup so you can use it to tour the main sights that are out of the centre: Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia etc. If you're asking for directions, btw, the locals pronounce it "camp now" not "noo camp".

I guess if you're going now this doesn't apply, but although the stadium visit is good, it's much better to actually go to a game and tickets are easy to get apart from Madrid games. You can just buy them at the stadium or from the "la caixa" bank ATMs anywhere around Barcelona.

Will be going next Wed, there are no games on whilst I'm in Spain - they play Bayern away in a friendly and their 1st home game (friendly) looks like its outwith my hols as well. It's a pity... But I will enjoy the stadium visit anyway, I find that way you take in the ground and stuff more anyway. Also get some nice pics.

I posted Camp Nou in my 1st post - I know that's what locals/others call it by :-)

The bus tour that you can hop on/off sounds good, we done that in Madrid as well and it stopped at the stadium.

Being a Barca fan over RM though, I am much more excited this time !

Phil MaGlass
11-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Done the tour, the press box is the best seat in the hoose. Enjoyed coming down and out of the tunnel to the noise of fans cheering.A bit disappointed in the changing rooms though, expected alot more razzmatazz.Museum is mega. The wife thought it was a great tour she doesnt even like fitba, and to top it off I didnt even have to buy a souvenier magazine as someone had left one sitting on a chair whoohoo.....I would recommend buying a couple of the mags to bring back as souveniers for friends etc, saves you having to traipse around all the shops for tacky gifts.
Try and get there early to beat the crowds as we did.

lucky
11-07-2013, 08:48 AM
I've done it. Just turn up and pay. Easy to get there by tube. It's unbelievable how big the stadium is especially when its empty.

JeMeSouviens
11-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Will be going next Wed, there are no games on whilst I'm in Spain - they play Bayern away in a friendly and their 1st home game (friendly) looks like its outwith my hols as well. It's a pity... But I will enjoy the stadium visit anyway, I find that way you take in the ground and stuff more anyway. Also get some nice pics.

I posted Camp Nou in my 1st post - I know that's what locals/others call it by :-)

The bus tour that you can hop on/off sounds good, we done that in Madrid as well and it stopped at the stadium.

Being a Barca fan over RM though, I am much more excited this time !

Yeah, sorry, wasn't meaning to be arsey, just remembering the first time I went and asked in wee shop, got looked at as if I was a complete loony and ended up miming football. :rolleyes: The stadium is sunk into the ground like Hampden so it doesn't actually stick up above other buildings when you come out of the metro.

Squealing pig
11-07-2013, 09:00 AM
I stayed in salou, got the train to barca, tge tube was rhe hard bit, hardly any1 speaks english

J-C
11-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Great tour, amazing stadium and fascinating history, you normally can get to go on the pitch for a photo opportunity but when I was there they were doing interviews with some players on the pitch side, so certain areas were restricted due to this, well worth a visit.

--------
11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
I've done it. Just turn up and pay. Easy to get there by tube. It's unbelievable how big the stadium is especially when its empty.

You mean it shrinks when it gets full? :greengrin

southfieldhibby
11-07-2013, 10:42 AM

aye, away dressing room only, then down the tunnel and the wee chapel where away players can pray for help :greengrin Heading to Cambrils on Saturday, will probably head up to Barca for a day.Can heartily recommend the open top bus, either red or blue as a means of getting round the city.

brian6-2
11-07-2013, 11:16 AM
wee bot iff topic guys but how easy is it to get tickets for the games? will be there in october for the valadolid game and wanted to go.

DH1875
11-07-2013, 11:36 AM
wee bot iff topic guys but how easy is it to get tickets for the games? will be there in october for the valadolid game and wanted to go.

Shouldn't be a problem. Unless it's one of the bigger games their quite easy to get :aok:.

I done the tour years ago. Was well worth it then and a great experience. Not sure how much it is now but if it is as expensive as some suggest then maybe going to a game would be the better option/experience.

brian6-2
11-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Shouldn't be a problem. Unless it's one of the bigger games their quite easy to get :aok:.

I done the tour years ago. Was well worth it then and a great experience. Not sure how much it is now but if it is as expensive as some suggest then maybe going to a game would be the better option/experience.

cheers pal :thumbsup:

heard a few folk saying the atmosphere is better at the espanyol games but id rather see barca.

DH1875
11-07-2013, 11:51 AM

heard a few folk saying the atmosphere is better at the espanyol games but id rather see barca.

Think a lot depends on who their playing. I haven't been to the new stadium but have been to the old one twice. The atmosphere was quite crap to be honest but on TV, the new one does look good.

JeMeSouviens
11-07-2013, 02:02 PM

Espanyol's new stadium looks the bollocks. I went to a game when they were playing up at the olympic stadium. Crap atmosphere, they got beat 2-0 and their fans were the biggest bunch of greetin faced moaners you could imagine. This was round about the time of Blobby-era Hibs. Felt right at home :wink:

superfurryhibby
11-07-2013, 02:15 PM
I stayed in salou, got the train to barca, tge tube was rhe hard bit, hardly any1 speaks english

Aye, foriegners eh, how inconsiderate of them.

There are some who would say the same of some posters on here too:wink:

Renfrew_Hibby
11-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Espanyol's new stadium looks the bollocks. I went to a game when they were playing up at the olympic stadium. Crap atmosphere, they got beat 2-0 and their fans were the biggest bunch of greetin faced moaners you could imagine. This was round about the time of Blobby-era Hibs. Felt right at home :wink:
The new Espanyol ground is amazing. Was last over in Barca last September and took a wee jaunt out to Cornella to see it. WOW the perfect fitba gound! Has the best atmosphere in Spain, Camp Nou is pretty crap apart from the really big games. Have done the tour of the Camp Nou and it is very good, will do the Espanyol tour next time i'm out (much more personal and one-on-one) but for me the Old Trafford tour is easily the best one I've been on. The guild was a great bloke and to sit in the changing rooms then walk out the tunnel and along the pitch was brilliant. I'm no even a Utd fan!

darwenhibby
11-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Did the tour last year. Well worth the money. Having a slight leniency to Man Utd to be stood at the corrner flag where Beckham takes it for Sheringham to flick on for Ole was good personally. Only thing to beat will be 2015 when Harris takes the corner LT flicks it on for Griffiths to prod home will be better. Regardless where the final is!:flag::pfgwa

nellio
11-07-2013, 05:05 PM
22 euros not 18. Just found my ticket

CalgaryHibs
11-07-2013, 08:19 PM

Try three tube stations! Easy one is at the university

CalgaryHibs
11-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Dead easy mayte, you buy them on line or at the door. It league rules that 25per cent of seats goes to general public. There are different price seats available.

CalgaryHibs
11-07-2013, 08:29 PM

There new stadium is difficult to get to, one train station and that's it. ElPrat Estadia is nice but a long long walk from the train.

Renfrew_Hibby
11-07-2013, 08:53 PM
There new stadium is difficult to get to, one train station and that's it. ElPrat Estadia is nice but a long long walk from the train.

From what I can remember the lock isn't that far maybe 15-20 mins from the train station. What does take a while is the tube train as Cornella town centre is a long way out from the city centre and it's the end of the blue line I think. But we had a good afternoon out there, a different side to Barca lots of wee local cafes and bars, no tourists and very laid back. Stadium is next to a massive shopping centre so you can leave the missus there and take the tour if she's no into it.

brian6-2
12-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Dead easy mayte, you buy them on line or at the door. It league rules that 25per cent of seats goes to general public. There are different price seats available.

BroxburnHibee
12-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Tour is definitely worth it - as others have said you only see the away changing room and it looked a bit run down.

View from the press box is outstanding but also a little unnerving :greengrin

We went 2 days after they had beat Arsenal in the Champions League Final and they were doing pics with the trophy - not sure if they still do that though

PeeKay
12-07-2013, 06:05 AM
I did the tour a few years back and at that time you were allowed into the home dressing room. Larsson was playing for them at the time and Barcelona itself was full of weegie tourists in Barca strips with his name on the back. The dressing room was quite impressive, but only because of the star names that were on the lockers. Larsson's locker had a post-it with his name on! And it was on squint!

brianmc
12-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Metro stops are: Les Corts, Collblanc + Palau Reial. All are a couple of minutes walk from the stadium.
Match tickets are easy to pick up but be aware that prices vary quite a bit depending on the area of the stadium you're in. A cheap seat for Valladolid should be around €60 I'd guess.

brian6-2
12-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Metro stops are: Les Corts, Collblanc + Palau Reial. All are a couple of minutes walk from the stadium.
Match tickets are easy to pick up but be aware that prices vary quite a bit depending on the area of the stadium you're in. A cheap seat for Valladolid should be around €60 I'd guess.

nice one buddy thanks :thumbsup:

southsider
12-07-2013, 11:47 AM
We done the tour in May 2012 and my friend hid a tiny Hibs pin in the home dressing room. That way the Barca stadium shall always have a part of Hibernian in it. Hope that it is still there !

Craig_in_Prague
24-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Went today. Great experience.
Hope to attend a game in future,
No wonder La Liga gams tend to be evening kick offs..... absolutely roasting! Glad they had a wee beer garden waiting at the finish :)

McLeod1875
24-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Been to Barca 3 times and done the tour 3 times, definitely worth it! Great experience :greengrin