PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Renee Howe

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Probably a lot of gash but Torquay striker Jermaine Renee Howe, who knows but wouldn't get too excited if true.

Wiki states he is likely leave the club in July 2013 as he has rejected the offer of new contract.

It certainly wouldn't be Hearts. :greengrin

Jermaine Renée Howe ‏@JermaineRene86 On the way to Edinburgh ����

steven mcewen ‏@steven_mcewen
@JermaineRene86 (https://twitter.com/JermaineRene86) are you signing for Hibs or Hearts then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rene_Howe

brydekirk
09-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Need to keep an eye on this one, there is only one team in Edinburgh.

J-C
09-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Probably a lot of gash but Torquay striker Jermaine Renee Howe, who knows but wouldn't get too excited if true.

Wiki states he is likely leave the club in July 2013 as he has rejected the offer of new contract.

Jermaine Renée Howe ‏@JermaineRene86 On the way to Edinburgh 👏🙌

@JermaineRene86 (https://twitter.com/JermaineRene86) are you signing for Hibs or Hearts then?

28 goals in 81 appearances, not too shabby div2 player though, is he better than Caldwell and Handling :confused:

Stevie Reid
09-07-2013, 09:05 AM

Jermaine Renée Howe ‏@JermaineRene86 On the way to Edinburgh 👏🙌

I'm sure we were linked with him on a rumours thread on here a while back, his name certainly rings a bell.

Nearly 100 career goals at 26, not bad.

bingo70
09-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Looking at google images he's a big old boy, get him to sit on the defenders while our midfielders nip in to score.

Lmc2105
09-07-2013, 09:14 AM
used to play for my English team Peterborough strong lad who had a brillaint season last

Hermit Crab
09-07-2013, 01:15 PM
According to twitter that jermaine boy is in talks with Oxford united who are supposedly up here on a pre season tour.

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM
According to twitter that jermaine boy is in talks with Oxford united who are supposedly up here on a pre season tour.

So Hibs or Oxford. :greengrin

Jermaine Renée Howe ‏@JermaineRene86 V.Good meeting nothing's signed yet never a done deal til u sign on the dotted line... Hopeful to be in training by thurs thou... :)

GordonHFC
09-07-2013, 02:08 PM
So Hibs or Oxford. :greengrin

Jermaine Renée Howe ‏@JermaineRene86 V.Good meeting nothing's signed yet never a done deal til u sign on the dotted line... Hopeful to be in training by thurs thou... :)

Newcastle to Edinburgh Airport to Musselburgh to Tranent to Edinburgh Airport now onto Newcastle love driving #naaaaaat. Tweet 2 mins ago.

Would appear he has been with us today !!!!!

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Looks like he may be heading our way, although they may be putting 2 + 2 together.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Hibs-favourites-sign-Torquay-United-striker-Rene/story-19495727-detail/story.html

FORMER Torquay United centre-forward Rene Howe is poised to end a summer of speculation by signing for a new club, with SLP club Hibernian the favourites to snap him up.

Howe, 26, who turned down a new deal at Plainmoor after scoring 30 goals in two seasons for the Gulls, is believed to be in Edinburgh.

The ex-Kettering and Peterborough player has hinted strongly that he favours a move North for family reasons, and he is in talks with at least one club over the border.

Hibs are known to be chasing a centre-forward, after several recent knockbacks on other targets, but another of the clubs who have offered Howe terms, League Two Oxford United, are also in the Edinburgh area for a four-day pre-season tour.

SMAXXA
09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Newcastle to Edinburgh Airport to Musselburgh to Tranent to Edinburgh Airport now onto Newcastle love driving #naaaaaat. Tweet 2 mins ago.

It certainly would :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
09-07-2013, 02:15 PM

Why the fek would he pass tranent to drive to the airport and then back again? Hope he knows where the goals are better :)
Unless he was picking up his agent I suppose.

bingo70
09-07-2013, 02:16 PM

Why's he at the airport twice if he's driving? Does he know you only need to start off at the airport if you're flying? :greengrin

The Sea-gull
09-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Looks like he may be heading our way, although they may be putting 2 + 2 together.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Hibs-favourites-sign-Torquay-United-striker-Rene/story-19495727-detail/story.html

FORMER Torquay United centre-forward Rene Howe is poised to end a summer of speculation by signing for a new club, with SLP club Hibernian the favourites to snap him up.

Howe, 26, who turned down a new deal at Plainmoor after scoring 30 goals in two seasons for the Gulls, is believed to be in Edinburgh.

The ex-Kettering and Peterborough player has hinted strongly that he favours a move North for family reasons, and he is in talks with at least one club over the border.

Hibs are known to be chasing a centre-forward, after several recent knockbacks on other targets, but another of the clubs who have offered Howe terms, League Two Oxford United, are also in the Edinburgh area for a four-day pre-season tour.

Who are the "several" recent knock backs we have had. Griffiths - yes definitely, Taylor - not so much of a knock back as more of a "we ain't paying what you want" however I suppose that can be termed as a knock back. That's two that are in the public domain. There may be others that journos and agents know about which haven't made the media.

Don't really know if Killen knocked us back? Don't even know if we were ever interested. Reading between the lines if we have shown an interest we have asked how much he is looking for, told his agent to bolt as he has asked for more than we believe he is worth. Is that a knock back if we haven't even offered him anything.

Wouldn't be surpised if we have made an offer to Higdon and he has turned it down. If we have, at least we asked the question of the sort of player we should be trying to sign.

Dunderhall
09-07-2013, 02:22 PM
hardly a wee club, they play in a better league than the SPL and come from a one club city with a population greater than Edinburgh by about 300k

So one out of three isn't good enough then.

Ritchie
09-07-2013, 02:24 PM
So one out of three isn't good enough then.

i don't understand what you mean?

Dunderhall
09-07-2013, 02:46 PM
i don't understand what you mean?

The bit in bold being the one. :aok:

bingo70
09-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Toruay's fans opinion on Howe that seems pretty balanced (we're obviously not going to sign a striker from league 2 with no flaws)

I actually think that a manager who can constantly keep him on edge and believing his job is on the line could get the best out of him. I do love how fickle our fans are sometimes though. At Christmas and before, Howe was the best thing since sliced bread and at times his goals kept the club's points tally ticking over single-handedly. Now, after a spell of poor form when he knew he was leaving and he's a terrible player who is full of inadequacies.

The simple fact is this, Howe was a fan favourite who was used in a formation which meant he was up top on his own for 89 minutes of a game. He played very well in that role but would often become frustrated towards the end of games when he wasn't getting the service from our midfield. This would lead to the silly bookings he got. He's a player who can pull something out of nothing and turn a game completely on it's head, but he has to be in the right frame of mind to do that, as we saw at the end of last season where his form massively dropped. If played regularly in a team with good service to the front men, he will be a very good player, but he often seems like the type who has to be happy where he is.

As for his goalscoring record, most of the goals he got this season came before Christmas. He was on form and playing well. Around Christmas, he was offered a contract but he decided not to sign it as he would see what would happen in the Summer. From that point on, he probably started thinking about leaving and the goals dried up, only tallying 4 goals since then. I have no doubt that a fit Rene Howe who wants to stay in a team who gives him good service would be an awesome prospect.

One thing he isn't, is the terrible footballer who relies entirely on penalties that some of the more fickle members of the forum will make him out to be.

Liberal Hibby
09-07-2013, 03:10 PM
hardly a wee club, they play in a better league than the SPL and come from a one club city with a population greater than Edinburgh by about 300k

I agree with the better league bit but the city is a third the size of Edinburgh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nijmegen although the 'Metro' area is about the same as the Lothians.

scoopyboy
09-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Why the fek would he pass tranent to drive to the airport and then back again? Hope he knows where the goals are better :)
Unless he was picking up his agent I suppose.

Most people would drive through Tranent to get to East Mains from Edinburgh Airport IMO. And I would return the same route.

Not sure where Musselburgh would fit though.

Green Reaper
09-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Aye, big laddie. Seems keen to join us and hoping to be training with the team by Thursday. Good banter on twitter, liking his name on there with the 86 at the end, sure that number is relevant to us Hibby's but just can't remember why :-)

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Most people would drive through Tranent to get to East Mains from Edinburgh Airport IMO. And I would return the same route.

Maybe has a dodgy sat nav. :greengrin

Aldo
09-07-2013, 03:37 PM

Popped into Lucas's for an ice cream on the way
Back cos its a nice day. ;-)

Wilson
09-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Toruay's fans opinion on Howe that seems pretty balanced (we're obviously not going to sign a striker from league 2 with no flaws)

Playing well only up until Christmas? He'll fit right in! :-)

SMAXXA
Popped into Lucas's for an ice cream on the way
Back cos its a nice day. ;-)

Beat me to it :greengrin

steviehibsleith

Its hot went for a ice cream at Lucas only natural :cb

I'm_cabbaged
09-07-2013, 03:41 PM

He drove from Newcastle though ;)

scoopyboy
09-07-2013, 03:42 PM
There will be some q at Luca's the day, hope that didn't make him late!!!

Aldo
09-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Back on subject I watch a lot of the FL and Howe
Seems to be on scoresheet or involved in most
Good things Torquay did.

Sure we will see another CF soon enough

Squealing pig
09-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Torquay r pants, notice cause soccer am's helen supports them, hanlon would walk in the team

Aldo
09-07-2013, 03:45 PM
There will be some q at Luca's the day, hope that didn't make him late!!!
Big lad, don't think anyone would argue with him
If he skipped the queue!!;-)

Heisenberg
09-07-2013, 03:46 PM
He's a big striker that's scored a few down south, kind of like Aberdeen signing Calvin Zola. Just need to wait and see how he copes with the step up. Would expect another striker in too (assuming we sign Howe)

Liberal Hibby
09-07-2013, 03:47 PM
He's a big striker that's scored a few down south, kind of like Aberdeen signing Calvin Zola. Just need to wait and see how he copes with the step up. Would expect another striker in too (assuming we sign Howe)

Aye, but are you certain?

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Confident with penalties :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5DShASTTj4

bingo70
09-07-2013, 03:57 PM

wonder if we were holding talks with someone else today and petrie was meeting them at the hotel or offices beside the airport so easier for howe to meet him there, then taken to show him east mains, would only leave mussleburgh to explain, maybe that's where he'd be living? :hmmm: :cb

Ritchie
09-07-2013, 04:00 PM
The bit in bold being the one. :aok:

haha!! got you mate!! :thumbsup:

Radium
09-07-2013, 05:16 PM
His own words ...

Jermaine Renée Howe@JermaineRene86#theTANK (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23theTANK&src=hash) God has truly Blessed Me with my Son, my Fiance, Family n Friends

London, Uk · facebook.com/profile.php?id… (http://t.co/ZS0pbCLNVZ)

whiskyhibby
09-07-2013, 05:43 PM

Maybe Hibs have some housing stock there?

hibs0666
09-07-2013, 05:59 PM
His own words ...

Jermaine Renée Howe@JermaineRene86#theTANK (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23theTANK&src=hash) God has truly Blessed Me with my Son, my Fiance, Family n Friends

London, Uk · facebook.com/profile.php?id… (http://t.co/ZS0pbCLNVZ)

Profound. :wink:

Mind you, I don't want Hibs to sign philosophers, I want goals goals goals. :thumbsup:

Squealing pig
09-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Looks like a bit of a journey man according to wiki, hes only 26 this wilk b his biggest challenge yet , big laddie, lets hope hes mobile

West hamBERNIAN
09-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Looks like a bit of a journey man according to wiki, hes only 26 this wilk b his biggest challenge yet , big laddie, lets hope hes mobile

Only one goal in twelve games for Bristol rovers, I've seen ppl writing off club legends for that kind of thing. Just saying :cb

Hermit Crab
09-07-2013, 06:08 PM

This tweet has since been removed from his twitter feed. Hmmmm ;)

HibbyAndy
09-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Only one goal in twelve games for Bristol rovers, I've seen ppl writing off club legends for that kind of thing. Just saying :cb

Correct.

BarneyK
09-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Why would this guy not be up here to train if we were interested? Why drag him all the way up just for a chat?

bingo70
09-07-2013, 06:22 PM

Riordan hasn't just been written off because of his spell at bristol rovers.

Hexham Hibee
09-07-2013, 06:24 PM
I see as well as most goals wiki says he had the most red cards!!!!! Bit of fight or a bit of an idiot?

Hermit Crab
09-07-2013, 06:25 PM
There were a couple of others tweets which have now also been deleted. One was saying that nothing was a done deal until a contract was signed, but he was hoping to be training by Thursday. Another was in reply to somebody who asked if he was Hibs new number 9, to which he said "not yet."

Are players not bound by social media bans type thing in relation to tweeting about the club or contract talks etc???

bingo70
09-07-2013, 06:35 PM
I see as well as most goals wiki says he had the most red cards!!!!! Bit of fight or a bit of an idiot?

From reading the Torquay fans forum they say he played up front on his own and got frustrated towards the end of games if he'd had poor service or wasn't getting the break of the ball and he'd lash out, probably similar to when Griffiths used to make gestures to the hibs fans when he got frustrated.

In answer to your question he probably is a bit of a hot head but hopefully fenlon should be able to tame him.

FromTheCapital
09-07-2013, 06:36 PM
"Hibs are favourites to sign Rene Howe"... Anyone know/heard anything about him. Link in next post. :agree:

FromTheCapital
09-07-2013, 06:36 PM

scoopyboy
09-07-2013, 06:40 PM
"Hibs are favourites to sign Rene Howe"... Anyone know/heard anything about him. Link in next post. :agree:

Just what we've read about him on the rumours thread, many posts regarding him being at East Mains and skipping the q for an ice cream at Luca's in Musselburgh.

CmoantheHibs
09-07-2013, 06:48 PM
If he went to see the stadium would it not be almost as quick to go through Musselburgh to East Mains as on the motorway? At least he would be seeing more of the area as opposed to driving on the motorway.

allezsauzee
09-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Never seen him play but that could because he's played at pretty low standard to date.

stokesmessiah
09-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Just what we've read about him on the rumours thread, many posts regarding him being at East Mains and skipping the q for an ice cream at Luca's in Musselburgh.

Not Hibs class, no thanks. Who skips a Luca's q. Boo just boo.

BarneyK
09-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Never seen him play but that could because he's played at pretty low standard to date.

He was with the Yams? :dunno:

Bob Box Fish
09-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Can also play centre mid, now we know why paddy wants him....

Squealing pig
09-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Any1 with ambition must want to play in Europe, must b sum goalscorer out there?
Instead of panic buying id rather play caldwell up front his self

Dunderhall
09-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Not Hibs class, no thanks. Who skips a Luca's q. Boo just boo.
Yeh, don't like the Luca him.

Northernhibee
09-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Hopefully he'll be able to hold up play, for once we have goal scoring midfielders in Craig, Harris, Robertson and maybe even Tudor Jones. We really want a striker who can play them in whilst also scoring goals themselves.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 07:29 PM
What do we thing then, assuming we sign Howe, how many more players do we need and in what position?

SouthMoroccoStu
09-07-2013, 07:47 PM
What do we thing then, assuming we sign Howe, how many more players do we need and in what position?

At least 1 other proven striker

Another mid fielder Thomson / Claros

Defence McManus

Dream land maybe but it's what's needed

hfc rd
09-07-2013, 08:04 PM

One more striker, a winger and left back.

Eyrie
09-07-2013, 08:09 PM

Another proven striker, a right winger and one of Thomson/Claros.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-07-2013, 08:19 PM
That howe fella is some ****** size

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Agree with most of the above. Would like us to sign another proven striker, winger & Thomson or Claros. Maybe McManus too or another defender if they fit the bill etc.

truehibernian
09-07-2013, 08:29 PM
That howe fella is some ****** size

So was Shefki Kuqi - I've not got a good feeling about this lad, and his nickname brings back awful awful memories too. Hope I'm wrong.

I still think we are in for Taylor though.

Vault Boy
09-07-2013, 08:30 PM
So was Shefki Kuqi - I've not got a good feeling about this lad, and his nickname brings back awful awful memories too. Hope I'm wrong.

I still think we are in for Taylor though.

As well as being 10 years older.

hibees 7062
09-07-2013, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY9PtWDffX8&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fkH1kzxVnRs#t=84s
Big boy right enough :agree:

Fergus52
09-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Another proven striker, a right winger and one of Thomson/Claros.

:agree:

Sweet Left Peg
09-07-2013, 11:27 PM

Your second clip shows the guy to have a bit of a footballing brain about him. When he plays his team mate in a better position instead of shooting from an unfavourable angle or distance. That bodes well in terms of linking up to players like Harris. Helen Chamberlain must be on twitter, someone should ask her.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Guy on the bounce says he's signed & it'll be announced tomorrow. Lets see if hes right.

down-the-slope
10-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Hes a blooming monster - has anyone mentioned Nike don't do XXXL :wink:

Won't get smaller if Lucas is his first port of call pre medical.....

J-C
10-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Hes a blooming monster - has anyone mentioned Nike don't do XXXL :wink:

Won't get smaller if Lucas is his first port of call pre medical.....

Yep he's a big lad and so was Higdon, he seems to have a decent footballing brain from the clips I seen, maybe some decent solid training will get him a lot leaner and sharper..........over to you Pat.

YehButNoBut
10-07-2013, 09:00 AM
DR now reporting we are after Rene Howe, can see how he is called the Tank, would certainly be a big hit up front.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/pat-fenlon-targetman-sights-striker-2041741?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pat Fenlon has a targetman in his sights as striker arrives for Hibs talks

TORQUAY striker Rene Howe will have talks with Pat Fenlon as the Hibs manager attempts to replace top scorer Leigh Griffiths.

HIBS are weighing up a move for former Torquay striker Jermaine Renee Howe.

The 26-year-old 6ft hitman is currently a free agent after turning down a new deal to stay with the League Two club.

And he’s in-demand after bagging 30 goals for the Plainmoor outfit in 83 games over the last two seasons.

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon is desperate to add some firepower after losing last season’s 28-goal talisman, Leigh Griffiths, this summer and is hoping to beef up his attacking options ahead of the capital club’s Europa League qualifying tie against either Drogheda or Malmo on July 18.

Fenlon has only youngsters Ross Caldwell and Danny Handling as his recognised strikers and the former Bristol Rovers, Rushden & Diamonds, Gillingham and Lincoln front man could fit the bill. Rene Howe posted that he was on his way to Edinburgh on social network site Twitter yesterday morning to add fuel to the rumours that Easter Road would be his next port of call.

But another of the clubs who have offered terms, Oxford United, are also in the Edinburgh area for a four-day pre-season tour and are hoping to hijack his move.

http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article2041736.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/JS21557182-2041736.jpg

Cabbage_Patch
10-07-2013, 09:34 AM
According to the BBC we are in talks with him? Free agent after rejecting a new deal at Torquay. Scored 28 Goals in 80 odd appearances for them.

Anyone know anything else about this guy:confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/gossip/

Leishy1995
10-07-2013, 09:35 AM
He's huge.

marti1875
10-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Old news mate, already lots of posts on the transfer rumours thread about him :wink:

LancsHibs
10-07-2013, 09:42 AM
DR now reporting we are after Rene Howe, can see how he is called the Tank, would certainly be a big hit up front.]

Hope he's more mobile than the last Tank we signed:greengrin

ManBearPig
10-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Just what we need a lower class bigger Kuqi.....

H18sry
10-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Here's a novel idea, why not give any new signing a chance to show what they can or cannot do before we right them off . :rolleyes:

GordonHFC
10-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Here's a novel idea, why not give any new signing a chance to show what they can or cannot do before we right them off . :rolleyes:

Stop that right now. This kind of attitude will never catch on !!!!

Heisenberg
10-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Billy McKay was released by Northampton. He scored a number of goals last season. Give the guy a chance to show what he can do, then you can either praise or slate him.

bingo70
10-07-2013, 09:56 AM
I think with a big guy like that you need to look at what else he'll bring to the team other than just goals, hopefully he'll be a nightmare for defenders to play against and good at bringing others into the game, we've not had a forward that can hold the ball up since Killen, no wonder our midfielders haven't scored goals.

Craig_in_Prague
10-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Rod told him there's a kitchen at East Mains. Eat all you can for free Mon-Fri.

SMAXXA
10-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Rod told him there's a kitchen at East Mains. Eat all you can for free Mon-Fri.

I thought the players had to pay for their own lunches and don't tell him Spoonys left as his mum used to make the cakes for the players :wink:

Stevie Reid
10-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Rene Howe has scored 122 goals by age 26, albeit 56 of them were non-league - IF he signs, he will have my full support.

Rowan Vine would also have my full support if he signs, and he has shown signs of quality when I've seen him - at age 30, he has managed 77 career goals. Worth noting though that and has only managed 19 goals in the last 6 years.

If rumours of both being at EM are true, and we acquire two strikers with 199 goals between them, I could live with that.

goosefat
10-07-2013, 10:15 AM

Moan first....moan even more after you've actually seen the signing play.

That's the Hibs way.

Squealing pig
10-07-2013, 10:47 AM
According to the BBC we are in talks with him? Free agent after rejecting a new deal at Torquay. Scored 28 Goals in 80 odd appearances for them.

Anyone know anything else about this guy:confused:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/gossip/
Makes sodjes look like a willy winkie

FastEddieFelson
10-07-2013, 11:00 AM
if you're big enough, you're good enough

FromTheCapital
10-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Searched up Rene Howe on YouTube and it seemed to come up with a lot of videos about him scoring penalties. Must be decent from the spot but am I right in thinking that Liam Craig is also a good penalty taker? Couldn't find any Rene Howe videos that weren't about penalties or fans signing about him though...

Posh Swanny
10-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Rene had a spell at Posh a few years back. He never got much of a run in the side due to the prominence of Craig Mackail-Smith and Aaron McLean, along with our quick rise to the Championship. However, he always looked like he'd have done a job had we lost those strikers earlier than we did and/or stayed in the lower reaches of League One or League Two.

Apparently we made our money back on him in loan fees and he tended to score for fun while out and about. On balance I'd say he'll be a pretty shrewd acquisition for a middling SPL side.

NOLA
10-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Does he have his own website?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Searched up Rene Howe on YouTube and it seemed to come up with a lot of videos about him scoring penalties. Must be decent from the spot but am I right in thinking that Liam Craig is also a good penalty taker? Couldn't find any Rene Howe videos that weren't about penalties or fans signing about him though...

I could only find 3 videos of him scoring goals that weren't pens.

Posh Swanny
10-07-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzncczGDgDw

His solitary goal for Posh can be seen at 2.35ish in this clip.

Though fans of Schadenfreude may wish to watch the opening minute or so as a less than popular ex-Hibs goalie sets the tone for Brentford's afternoon by getting sent off after 53 seconds!

LancashireHibby
10-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Saw Howe play a few times when he was with Kettering. Hope he's improved a lot since then.

sesoim
10-07-2013, 12:20 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well I suppose by the law of averages Fenlon has got to sign a decent attacking player for us eventually.

Rene Howe has scored 122 goals by age 26, albeit 56 of them were non-league - IF he signs, he will have my full support.

Rowan Vine would also have my full support if he signs, and he has shown signs of quality when I've seen him - at age 30, he has managed 77 career goals. Worth noting though that and has only managed 19 goals in the last 6 years.

If rumours of both being at EM are true, and we acquire two strikers with 199 goals between them, I could live with that.

My granny knocked in 100 goals in the East Lothian pensioners league. Surely that entitles her to a trial?

Apparently we made our money back on him in loan fees and he tended to score for fun while out and about. On balance I'd say he'll be a pretty shrewd acquisition for a middling SPL side.

Oh, the heights we are hitting under Fenlon.

Tricla
10-07-2013, 12:25 PM
My granny knocked in 100 goals in the East Lothian pensioners league. Surely that entitles her to a trial?

Excellent comeback.

Stevie Reid
10-07-2013, 12:26 PM

Well I suppose by the law of averages Fenlon has got to sign a decent attacking player for us eventually.

Our three strikers that Fenlon signed that played last year managed a combined total of 39 goals in 98 appearances.

sesoim
10-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Moan first....moan even more after you've actually seen the signing play.

That's the Hibs way.

Maybe the fans know more than the managers? That wouldn't be hard going by the last few we've appointed.

Diclonius
10-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Guys, it's fifth choice bargain basement time again! I can hardly wait! :thumbsup:

SaulGoodman
10-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Maybe the fans know more than the managers? That wouldn't be hard going by the last few we've appointed.

What's your problem?

Judas Iscariot
10-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Guys, it's fifth choice bargain basement time again! I can hardly wait! :thumbsup:

Value for money for your ST then?

SlickShoes
10-07-2013, 12:43 PM

Hibs aren't an attractive club to play for, as a supported I'd want nothing more than to play for Hibs. If I was a random pro footballer I am sure Hibs would barely be on my radar, much more chance of someone seeing me play in many other leagues that aren't the SPL.

Posh Swanny
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM

Hitting? My "middling SPL side" comment was an aspiration. :wink:

Pretty Boy
10-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Oh good.

Another thread to give the club a good kicking, just what we needed.

Never seen this Howe play but i'm jumping on the pish bandwagon.

Booooooooooooooo.

Heisenberg
10-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Not signed yet...

@JermaineRene86: Still not signed for anyone... Anyone need an apprentice...???

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Someone asked Howe on Twitter if he was signing for hibs and if he was decent and he said "no not decent sorry :(" then a Torquay fan said this to the boy who asked Howe "@sam97druiff: @JamieFirth88 he's frequently suspended, overweight, lazy, inconsistent. Good finisher, but not great"

YehButNoBut
10-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Even the player himself doesn't think he's any good. :greengrin

Jermaine Renée Howe ‏@JermaineRene86 “@JamieFirth88 (https://twitter.com/JamieFirth88): @JermaineRene86 (https://twitter.com/JermaineRene86) Hear you might be signing for the Hibees. Are you decent? We need a striker...”no not decent sorry :(

jgl07
10-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Don't walk away Renée!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB4WwPVEv8c

Aldo
10-07-2013, 01:37 PM
If the guy signs he'll get my full support. I really do wonder who folk on hear would like us to sign (reasonably players no messi's or Bales as they are not Hibs class).

Does anyone ITK know who we have been looking at??

Lets not jump the gun with players remember fans are fickle and bitter about exiting players.

Some folk need tae get a bloody grip

NOLA
10-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Someone asked Howe on Twitter if he was signing for hibs and if he was decent and he said "no not decent sorry :(" then a Torquay fan said this to the boy who asked Howe "@sam97druiff: @JamieFirth88 he's frequently suspended, overweight, lazy, inconsistent. Good finisher, but not great"
if he didnt have some rough edges to his game or baggage, we wouldnt be in for him, if he was any better he'd be snapped up by now, lets face it he wont have to be brilliant to score lots up here :greengrin

Andy74
10-07-2013, 01:41 PM
If the guy signs he'll get my full support. I really do wonder who folk on hear would like us to sign (reasonably players no messi's or Bales as they are not Hibs class).

Does anyone ITK know who we have been looking at??

Lets not jump the gun with players remember fans are fickle and bitter about exiting players.

Some folk need tae get a bloody grip

At the same time we get told constantly how the likes of Inverness, St Johnstone and Motherwell sign all these great players they have scouted.

Aye, players like this who have kicked about lower leagues.

It's about getting the type of player the manager thinks fits with what he wants to do withy the team. I couldn't care if we've heard of them or what their record is before here.

LeighLoyal
10-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Why not bring Garry O back if this is how low we're going? Rene bleedin Artois...:confused:

Aldo
10-07-2013, 01:48 PM
At the same time we get told constantly how the likes of Inverness, St Johnstone and Motherwell sign all these great players they have scouted.

Aye, players like this who have kicked about lower leagues.

It's about getting the type of player the manager thinks fits with what he wants to do withy the team. I couldn't care if we've heard of them or what their record is before here.

Andy it's always the same on here though folk are never happy. As posted on a separate thread I'd be happy with Howe, Taylor and McManus (or whoever PF decides to bring in.

Over reaction big time on here most transfer windows.

Aldo
10-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Why not bring Garry O back if this is how low we're going? Rene bleedin Artois...:confused:

Here's a few names

Russell Latapy
Didier Agathe
Boozy

Folk had never heard of them till they played and looked who they turned out. Yes we (like other teams have signed a few duffers ) but lets not over react.

LL pray tell who you would sign and within our budget??

Pretty Boy
10-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Since you have obviously seen a lot of the guy maybe you can detail what it is he lacks that categorises him as a 'low' signing. What makes him less attractive than a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in a year, lives a shocking lifestyle and is in bother again?

I've not seen the guy play so am undecided one way or another but would appreciate a bit more knowledge so any help from someone like you who knows a lot about the guy is welcome.

bingo70
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Here's a few names

Russell Latapy
Didier Agathe
Boozy

Folk had never heard of them till they played and looked who they turned out. Yes we (like other teams have signed a few duffers ) but lets not over react.

I agree with the general point your making but to be fair i think people are judging him based on his wiki page, not because they hadn't heard of him.

SlickShoes
10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Does he have a better website than Zarabi?

Aldo
10-07-2013, 01:59 PM
I agree with the general point your making but to be fair i think people are judging him based on his wiki page, not because they hadn't heard of him.

Point taken Bingo but you can see where I'm coming from

Diclonius
10-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Even the player himself doesn't think he's any good. :greengrin

Jermaine Renée Howe ‏@JermaineRene86 “@JamieFirth88 (https://twitter.com/JamieFirth88): @JermaineRene86 (https://twitter.com/JermaineRene86) Hear you might be signing for the Hibees. Are you decent? We need a striker...”no not decent sorry :(

Going by Twitter alone I already like this guy 500 more times than Taylor. At least he has a sense of humour.

Stevie Reid
10-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Michael Higdon left League One Crewe Alexandra in 2007, having scored 10 goals when he was down south. He is 29 and has scored 89 career goals and half of them have been in the last two years for Motherwell, from age 27 onwards.

Renee Howe is 26 and has 122 career goals, though many have been at non league level. He has scored 30 goals in the 85 starts in the last two years. IF we sign him, there's every chance he could do well. Billy McKay has managed twice as many goals in two years for ICT than he did in the same time at Northampton (where he had more appearances).

Hibs.net has reached new lows this year for disgruntlement regarding lack of new signings (when we have made many), and writing off people we haven't even signed.

LeighLoyal
10-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Here's a few names

Russell Latapy
Didier Agathe
Boozy

I'd rather have Garry 0 back than a guy who finished 19th in league 2 last year, just about in the conference. I could stomach this guy if he's not replacing LG and they'd still sign another forward. Maybe not a bad swap for Doyle, not Griffiths.

Hibiza
10-07-2013, 02:05 PM
no chance:flag:

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I'd rather have Garry 0 back than a guy who finished 19th in league 2 last year, just about in the conference. I could stomach this guy if he's not replacing LG and they'd still sign another forward. Maybe not a bad swap for Doyle, not Griffiths.

Gary O'Connor back in a Hibs top, jeezo you been on some of his gear? :rolleyes:

The_Horde
10-07-2013, 02:19 PM

Don't think Nike do a top big enough for GOC.

Leishy1995
10-07-2013, 02:22 PM
I hadn't heard of half the players who played in Celtics team were before Celtic signed them.

Hooper was scoring in a shocking lower league English side, but Celtic have him scoring in champions league matches.

Wanyama? The Honduran left back? Kayal? The list could go on and not many we're expensive known signings. Stop berating our potential signings until they've been awful for us.

Had anyone heard of Jorge Claros before he joined? Zemmama? Rob jones? Benji? Latapy? The list could go on or us aswell. .

LeighLoyal
10-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Gary O'Connor back in a Hibs top, jeezo you been on some of his gear? :rolleyes:

It's great gear, should try!

:cb

SMAXXA
10-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Michael Higdon left League One Crewe Alexandra in 2007, having scored 10 goals when he was down south. He is 29 and has scored 89 career goals and half of them have been in the last two years for Motherwell, from age 27 onwards.

Renee Howe is 26 and has 122 career goals, though many have been at non league level. He has scored 30 goals in the 85 starts in the last two years. IF we sign him, there's every chance he could do well. Billy McKay has managed twice as many goals in two years for ICT than he did in the same time at Northampton (where he had more appearances).

Hibs.net has reached new lows this year for disgruntlement regarding lack of new signings (when we have made many), and writing off people we haven't even signed.

Totally agree Stevie there are some absolute roaster comments on this thread and a few others regarding potential targets / PF's abilities. Don't forget though these same so called fans will be first to big these players upto their mates supporting other teams if they sign and do well for us. Some people need to get a grip IMO writing of players that haven't even signed and kicked a ball in anger for us.

LeighLoyal
10-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I hadn't heard of half the players who played in Celtics team were before Celtic signed them.

Hooper was scoring in a shocking lower league English side, but Celtic have him scoring in champions league matches.

Wanyama? The Honduran left back? Kayal? The list could go on and not many we're expensive known signings. Stop berating our potential signings until they've been awful for us.

Had anyone heard of Jorge Claros before he joined? Zemmama? Rob jones? Benji? Latapy? The list could go on or us aswell. .

But he was the Champonship's top scorer?

Tom Pope was the name being touted last week, now we're slipping down... :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
10-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Who said he's a replacement for Griffiths? :confused: Good of you to stomach someone who you've probably never seen though and lets be honest any signing will struggle to replace Leigh.

Leishy1995
10-07-2013, 02:30 PM

Tom Pope was the name being touted last week, now we're slipping down... :rolleyes:

Prior to that, hopper was a Non league player at Geays Athletic who had about 20 goals in 70 games before Southend signed him, he wasn't good enough so they loaned him out. He then done poor before scoring at Hereford 11 times and S****horpe took a chance.

Hibtastic
10-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Totally agree Stevie there are some absolute roaster comments on this thread and a few others regarding potential targets / PF's abilities. Don't forget though these same so called fans will be first to big these players upto their mates supporting other teams if they sign and do well for us. Some people need to get a grip IMO writing of players that haven't even signed and kicked a ball in anger for us.

Too many wannabe Football Managers on here whon think they are the expert because they have spent weeks on end playing the game on the computer.

We are called "supporters" for a reason. Lets get on with supporting Pat and the lads!! :pfgwa:hibees

Aldo
10-07-2013, 02:42 PM

One half decent season in League one and he's the man. Tbh was never ever going to be a target as a fee would of been required as he had signed a deal and had a couple of years left to run. If we pay for him then we would of been just as we'll stumping up what Wolves wanted for Leigh.

Don't know what calibre of player your expecting but unless we unearth a gem it won't be in the Hooper/griffiths mould.

I will be more than Happy if we sign Howe and or Taylor and will be willing to give them a chance. As I posted earlier who else would you sign??

SlickShoes
10-07-2013, 03:02 PM

Do you think we can force people to sign for us? All we can do is make an offer within our budget, if that's not good enough there is nothing else we can do. If they want to go play in League 1 and train on a public park for £5k a week more then that's up to them.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe we should compile a list of players we don't want and send it to the club.

That would eliminate tens of thousands of players and leave only a few who meet the criteria of Hibs class.

Aldo
10-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Maybe we should compile a list of players we don't want and send it to the club.

That would eliminate tens of thousands of players and leave only a few who meet the criteria of Hibs class.

PB quality mate...

lord bunberry
10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I think he would be a great signing especially if he's still got the fallen madonna with the big boobies hidden in his wine cellar.

Aldo
10-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I think he would be a great signing especially if he's still got the fallen madonna with the big boobies hidden in his wine cellar.

LB 'allo allo nice one. I think our younger members may struggle to get that one. :-)

MKHIBEE
10-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Watched him play for Lincoln, wasnt upset when he left, not a prolific scorer for the imps and didnt bring much to the team.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
I think I'm just going to avoid this thread. If I read this thread often enough I end up hating Hibs, Pat Fenlon and myself.

JeMeSouviens
10-07-2013, 03:23 PM

:agree:

Plenty of Good Moaning on this thread, that's for sure. :greengrin

silverhibee
10-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I think I'm just going to avoid this thread. If I read this thread often enough I end up hating Hibs, Pat Fenlon and myself.

Love you man. x

:tee hee:

hibseleven
10-07-2013, 03:26 PM

he's gonna have to pay attention in team talks. Fenlons only gonna say it once...........

hibees 7062
10-07-2013, 03:33 PM

2 On post 70 mate

lord bunberry
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
LB 'allo allo nice one. I think our younger members may struggle to get that one. :-)

I think you may be right mate.

Fergus52
10-07-2013, 03:44 PM

Surely you're on the wind up now?

LeighLoyal
10-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Fenlon must be gutted East Fife beat him to Nade. :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
10-07-2013, 03:57 PM

Just pretend he's a replacement for Doyle or better still Kuqi. Simples.

As for GOC they dont make shorts big enough for him to play professional, he would have to get in touch with John Clark when he played with Tranent to see who manufactured his.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Found this on the Torquay forum when they were talking about Howe.

Whilst the SPL standard is dreadful overall it is still a better place to be than Division 4 in England. Can mock St Mirren, Ross County and a few others all you like but is it really much better going to Morecambe, Bury, Accrington and Fleetwood? In fact at least St Mirren have a nice ground and pitch to play on.*The SPL is well covered by TV, get to play Celtic a few times a season and going to a club like Hibs if it is them means he might get a shot of winning a cup or at least playing in a Scottish Cup final of some sorts and also there is a chance he could play in Europe.*Or he might fancy a JPT game away at Wycombe in front of 1200.*

SPL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> League 2

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2013, 04:44 PM

Hmmm wonder why that is.....

To Cull or not to cull that is the question ;)

darwenhibby
10-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Found this on the Torquay forum when they were talking about Howe.

Whilst the SPL standard is dreadful overall it is still a better place to be than Division 4 in England. Can mock St Mirren, Ross County and a few others all you like but is it really much better going to Morecambe, Bury, Accrington and Fleetwood? In fact at least St Mirren have a nice ground and pitch to play on.*The SPL is well covered by TV, get to play Celtic a few times a season and going to a club like Hibs if it is them means he might get a shot of winning a cup or at least playing in a Scottish Cup final of some sorts and also there is a chance he could play in Europe.*Or he might fancy a JPT game away at Wycombe in front of 1200.*

SPL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> League 2

Whats wrong with these friendly Lancashire towns? Better than places like Portsmouth Exeter MK, Typical Southerners:rolleyes:

Gordy M
10-07-2013, 05:20 PM

Exactly!! People are constantly on here complaining how hibs never seem to pick up the players that ict, ross co, motherwell etc sign, yet when we are linked with that exact type of player its all doom and gloom and why we shouldnt be signing them!?! IF howe does sign he will get my FULL support.

MKHIBEE
10-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Whats wrong with these friendly Lancashire towns? Better than places like Portsmouth Exeter MK, Typical Southerners:rolleyes:

My friendliest away day was at Bournemouth, the staff and stewards there were different class to any I have encountered on my travels.

gillythehibby
10-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Exactly!! People are constantly on here complaining how hibs never seem to pick up the players that ict, ross co, motherwell etc sign, yet when we are linked with that exact type of player its all doom and gloom and why we shouldnt be signing them!?! IF howe does sign he will get my FULL support.

People complain because the teams afore mentioned are pub teams compared to Hibs. You can add Torquay to that pub league as well. I'll be very surprised if an English div 2 player can be the striker we need but that seems to be where we are in terms of wage. Mind you Celtic picked up Hooper from the lower leagues so you never know. Anyway the boy should get full support.

PeterboroHibee
10-07-2013, 05:42 PM
People complain because the teams afore mentioned are pub teams compared to Hibs. You can add Torquay to that pub league as well. I'll be very surprised if an English div 2 player can be the striker we need but that seems to be where we are in terms of wage. Mind you Celtic picked up Hooper from the lower leagues so you never know. Anyway the boy should get full support.

Not quite true, they bought him after he finished 3rd highest goalscorer in the Championship, not exactly 'lower league'.

Gordy M
10-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Well we signed griffiths from dundee(via wolves where he never played) and looking at taylor from falkirk, who are no better than torquay i would suggest? Is it not more the case that cos we havent heard of him, he gets written off?? If we are gonna complain about signing players who arrive from clubs 'lower' than us, it might be a long transfer window. With out wage structure we need to take a wee punt on anyone we sign, either that or they have been at 'bigger' clubs and are on the way back from injury, or maybe coming to the end of their playing days, or a move hasnt worked out for them and looking to kick start their career. We are not gonna sign someone who is at the top of their game playing for a similar sized club as hibs.

Big Ed
10-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Well we signed griffiths from dundee(via wolves where he never played) and looking at taylor from falkirk, who are no better than torquay i would suggest? Is it not more the case that cos we havent heard of him, he gets written off?? If we are gonna complain about signing players who arrive from clubs 'lower' than us, it might be a long transfer window. With out wage structure we need to take a wee punt on anyone we sign, either that or they have been at 'bigger' clubs and are on the way back from injury, or maybe coming to the end of their playing days, or a move hasnt worked out for them and looking to kick start their career. We are not gonna sign someone who is at the top of their game playing for a similar sized club as hibs.

:grr: Stop talking sense:grr:

cheltenhamhibee
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM
I've seen a few times playing against Cheltenham, he never really stood out for me, he's got nuisance value with his size and strength but do think and hope we could do better

Jonnyboy
10-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Nice to see some writing him off already :wink:

18/03/07
10-07-2013, 08:55 PM
He was not at EM today

SMAXXA
10-07-2013, 08:59 PM
He was not at EM today

We know, he was there yesterday

BOB MARLEYS DUG
He was not at EM today

Was McManus and Vine?

SMAXXA
Was McManus and Vine?

Yes McManus was there not sure about Vine though

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Yes McManus was there not sure about Vine though

18/03/07 said he was, no idea if he's right though.

--------
10-07-2013, 09:16 PM

I think you should go and lie down in a darkened room for a while until whatever you've been taking wears off. Do you actually know anything at all about the guy? Other than that you've never heard of him before tonight?

I really don't know why Hibs bother to employ a manager, John. They should just get the tea-lady to scope through the net on the Friday night to see who's in favour with the punters and phone them and tell them they're in the team - always on the understanding that they'll play with true Hibernian style and spirit, score goals by the barrow-load, and keep an infinite succession of clean sheets.

Jonnyboy
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
I think you should go and lie down in a darkened room for a while until whatever you've been taking wears off. Do you actually know anything at all about the guy? Other than that you've never heard of him before tonight?

I really don't know why Hibs bother to employ a manager, John. They should just get the tea-lady to scope through the net on the Friday night to see who's in favour with the punters and phone them and tell them they're in the team - always on the understanding that they'll play with true Hibernian style and spirit, score goals by the barrow-load, and keep an infinite succession of clean sheets.

:greengrin That game Football Manager has a lot to answer for Doddie :agree:

Sean1875
10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Was McManus and Vine?

McManus and Vine were both there yesterday, dont know about today.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-07-2013, 09:52 PM
McManus and Vine were both there yesterday, dont know about today.

Thanks for confirming bud.

ackeygraham
10-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Not read through all post but in short we should be looking for better than div 2 cast offs. Remember Clayton Donaldson....absolute mince.

Two young lads and this dude...Malmo will be filling their nappies....not.

Teapot
10-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Not read through all post but in short we should be looking for better than div 2 cast offs. Remember Clayton Donaldson....absolute mince.

Peterborough signed a striker called Dwight Gale last year from Dagenham & Redbridge who i'm fairly sure are a non league club. They've just sold him for 8.5 million.

Point i'm making is we shouldn't write players off for the league they play in. There's talent down there.

I trust Fenlon has done his homework on potential signings and is sure they can make the step up.

stokesmessiah
10-07-2013, 10:39 PM

Lame.

Fergus52
10-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Higdon and Billy McKay both failed to cut it at league two.

In comparison, Howe appears to have done quite well there

Fergus52
10-07-2013, 10:47 PM

:rolleyes:.

He was torquay's top scorer two seasons ago and it's pretty well documented that he rejected a contract offer from them this summer.

Try and get your facts right next time :aok:

California-Hibs
10-07-2013, 10:58 PM
TBH out of Howe or Rowan Vine I'd take Vine by the looks of it. Yes I'm judging Howe on a few youtube videos and from what I'm reading of people who have actually watched him before, but he sound's very much like Sodje. A pain for defenders, but more often pretty inaffective and anonymous. Vine scored a few beauties last season, his winner against Celtic being a good example. He's leaner, quicker, know the SPL, and I think he'd be the much much better option. However if it is Howe that signs he'll get my full support and I'll pray he turns out to be a good signing.

J-C
10-07-2013, 10:58 PM

This the same Donaldson that's got a great scoring record wherever he's been..................

York City 85 games.........41 goals
Hibs 18 ........5 goals
Crewe 117......47
Brentford 90.....29
That's better than a goal every 3 games :confused:

And you're awful sure we'll be playing Malmo, 0-0 1st leg, not through just yet.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-07-2013, 11:44 PM
A lot of very very ordinary players get paid far too much money down there. That Tom Soares didn't life up to his reputation. Maybe some of them don't fancy getting found out in the real world?

dmc1875
11-07-2013, 02:51 AM

Mince? Really? His goalscoring record is pretty good at every club he has played at.

We cannot scoff at a player like Howe who has scored a fair amount of goals over the last couple of seasons and was rated by his club and decided to reject a new deal. He is being chased by teams in League 1 so other teams must see something in him.

For what its worth I don't think he will be the main signing target but a foil man for another most likely Taylor.

From videos of Howe he looks big and strong and took his goals that I've seen well. Can't write him off when we have no idea what type of player he is.

Hibee87
11-07-2013, 05:55 AM

Its the hibs fans way.....say hes ***** so that if he truns out to be mince they can be all smug and say 'I told you so' or if he turns out good ......he's still *****. Some people STILL fail to see that claros was a great player, but thats a debate for another day :wink:

chinaman
11-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Mince? Really? His goalscoring record is pretty good at every club he has played at.

We cannot scoff at a player like Howe who has scored a fair amount of goals over the last couple of seasons and was rated by his club and decided to reject a new deal. He is being chased by teams in League 1 so other teams must see something in him.

For what its worth I don't think he will be the main signing target but a foil man for another most likely Taylor.

From videos of Howe he looks big and strong and took his goals that I've seen well. Can't write him off when we have no idea what type of player he is.aye big clayton got raced before he even showed us what he could do .

Beefster
11-07-2013, 06:28 AM
If nothing else, he'll make Cairney feel a bit slimmer.

Mark79
11-07-2013, 07:32 AM
We know relatively little of this boy and already classed him as murder. Granted goals scored aint high but a striker is only really as good as the team suplying him. Pat will have seen him play and feels he brings something he needs to our team.

GGTTH

YehButNoBut
11-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Former team mate Craig Easton reckons he would do a good job with us.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/striker-jermaine-rene-howe-can-2044143

Striker Jermaine Rene Howe 'can help Hibs fans get over Leigh Griffiths'

THE hitman nicknamed The Tank has the quality to be a hit at Hibs says his former team-mate Craig Easton.

CRAIG EASTON reckons Jermaine Rene Howe has the quality and character to replace Hibs talisman Leigh Griffiths if the striker makes the move to Easter Road. The former Scotland Under-21 international played alongside Rene Howe – nicknamed The Tank – at Torquay last term, where he netted 16 goals in 45 outings. The 6ft hitman arrived in Edinburgh on Tuesday and reports suggest he will have talks with the capital club, while Oxford United, who are currently on a pre-season tour of Scotland, are also keen.

Howe, 26, has also attracted interest from Carlisle and York City. But Easton believes Hibs boss Pat Fenlon should do his utmost to win the race for the player’s signature. He said: “There will be pressure on any new striker coming in as Griffiths was brilliant last season but I think the big man would thrive on that. “Rene is a different style of player to Griffiths and hopefully people won’t be expecting a like-for-like striker but he would come in and score goals. “That kind of pressure can be good for a player – it can drive you on to be better and work harder. “He is a big strong boy, he will look to hold the ball up and has an eye for goal.”

Howe, whose complete record in two years at Torquay was 30 goals in 89 appearances, turned down the offer of an extended deal with the League Two outfit and Easton believes he’s ready to step up a level, with the inaugural SPFL top flight the perfect showcase for his talent. Easton said: “He’ll get to visit some great venues like Celtic Park and, depending on cup draws, maybe Ibrox. “And he would have the derby against Hearts to look forward to. Rene might see that as a big factor when he makes his decision.

“He was our most consistent threat at Torquay and his tally probably helped to keep us in League Two.”

KanyeWestLower
11-07-2013, 12:26 PM
@JermaineRene86: Looks like I'm not going to hibs after all. #hijacked.Thanks for all the new followers for following.All the best for ur up coming season.

Andy74
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
@JermaineRene86: Looks like I'm not going to hibs after all. #hijacked.Thanks for all the new followers for following.All the best for ur up coming season.

Probably some joy on Taylor then.

Heisenberg
11-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Hopefully means we've got a higher priority target. The hijacked bit of his tweet makes it sound like someone else came in and got him.

Bayern Bru
11-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Weren't Oxford after him? Sounds like they're the hijackers - but also might mean we're getting Taylor. And maybe Vine?

Heisenberg
11-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Andy Phillips‏@mrandyphillips11m (http://www.hibs.net/mrandyphillips/status/355303898711457793)Looks like our back page story has been shot down already after Hibs called off move for ex #tufc (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23tufc&src=hash) striker Rene Howe *sighs*

This guy makes it sound like we called it off but others suggesting Oxford have come in and hijacked it.

J-C
11-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Andy Phillips‏@mrandyphillips11m (http://www.hibs.net/mrandyphillips/status/355303898711457793)Looks like our back page story has been shot down already after Hibs called off move for ex #tufc (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23tufc&src=hash) striker Rene Howe *sighs*

This guy makes it sound like we called it off but others suggesting Oxford have come in and hijacked it.

He's a big lump of a guy, maybe he's turned up rather OTT weight wise and we've had second thoughts, or the Taylor situation has turned for the better.

Speedway
11-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Probably some joy on Taylor then.

I would think that's spot on.

GloryGlory
11-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Hopefully means we've got a higher priority target. The hijacked bit of his tweet makes it sound like someone else came in and got him.

Yeah, the Yams are paying him £15,000 a week. Another hijack of a Hibs target! It's what really BIG teams do. Petrie - get it sorted!

Oh, wait.... :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin:lolyam:

Andy74
11-07-2013, 05:12 PM

Has he deleted it? Latest was that there are now all sorts going through his head. Interesting. Think he might be being kept warm in case we don't get Taylor.

Wilson
11-07-2013, 05:15 PM
So.... not no Howe then?

KanyeWestLower
11-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Has he deleted it? Latest was that there are now all sorts going through his head. Interesting. Think he might be being kept warm in case we don't get Taylor.

Think the tweet was only up for around an hour

reidy
11-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I have a feeling we might get him plus Taylor not at the same time but in this transfer window

Hermit Crab
11-07-2013, 05:27 PM
We've already had one tank at Easter rd and he was jobby

CmoantheHibs
11-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Doesn't matter if he doesn't sign for us.We will get another strikeR enee Howe:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Doesn't matter if he doesn't sign for us.We will get another strikeR enee Howe:greengrin

:tumble:

scuttle
11-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Not bad mate

BSEJVT
11-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Some of the posts on threads like this make you despair about folks attitude to Hibs and football.

If you read some of the quotes on here you would think that every footballer improves over the same time frame and regardless of the team they play for and any other factor and if they arent playing for their country and banging in 50 goals a season by the time they are 23 they are rubbish are wont ever get any better.

On that basis we should be bursting the Bank to sign this player or that player.

Maybe we should just trust the club to pick the guys they think can do a job within the budget they have available?

On a personal level a similar anology would be that a person has the choice of a Micra or a Mazerati.

Everyone knows the Mazerati is better but few can afford it and have to settle for something less.

Why should the club behave differently?

patch1875
11-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Think I will 'save my love' for someone else

Bamba
13-07-2013, 07:04 AM
I guess then it's "Howe for now"

MontrealHibs
13-07-2013, 07:10 AM
I think Burton Albion says it all!

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2013, 07:29 AM
I think Burton Albion says it all!

Yes, he just wasn't prepared to take the step down to the SPL!

MontrealHibs
13-07-2013, 08:12 AM

Iwould be pretty confident in our ability to hammer Burton Albion!

McGivern, McPake, Thomson, Jones and Robertso all internationalists... How many play for Albion! :-)

Speedway
13-07-2013, 08:20 AM
But can we still get him?

Scouse Hibee
13-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Iwould be pretty confident in our ability to hammer Burton Albion!

McGivern, McPake, Thomson, Jones and Robertso all internationalists... How many play for Albion! :-)

:wink:

hibee19
13-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Some of the posts on threads like this make you despair about folks attitude to Hibs and football.

If you read some of the quotes on here you would think that every footballer improves over the same time frame and regardless of the team they play for and any other factor and if they arent playing for their country and banging in 50 goals a season by the time they are 23 they are rubbish are wont ever get any better.

On that basis we should be bursting the Bank to sign this player or that player.

Maybe we should just trust the club to pick the guys they think can do a job within the budget they have available?

On a personal level a similar anology would be that a person has the choice of a Micra or a Mazerati.

Everyone knows the Mazerati is better but few can afford it and have to settle for something less.

Why should the club behave differently?

If everyone trusted the club and chose not to speculate like you're suggesting this forum wouldn't exist. Given some of the shocking signing we've made recently too surely its reasonable that some supporters find it difficult to trust the club.

Iain G
14-07-2013, 08:29 AM
I guess then it's "Howe for now"

Howe no :wink:

Maybe this means we have agreed a deal with Wolves and Leigh then :devil:

GlenrothesHibee
14-07-2013, 08:44 AM

Wow

Aldo
14-07-2013, 09:19 AM
But can we still get him?

That is indeed a very good question. Will he still be in the running?? Or number 3 in the pecking order??

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Wow

:wink: