PDA

View Full Version : Easter road-Should we fill in the corners?

Waxy
09-07-2013, 08:09 PM
With the yams about to vacate the city, should we fill in the corners?
In around ten years time we'll probably get a few thousand more fans what with current yams spawn wanting a team to follow.

Should we fill in the corners?

It'd look great and add to the atmosphere also.
Spesh on big derby days against Spartans.

Dashing Bob S
09-07-2013, 08:11 PM
In around ten years time we'll probably get a few thousand more fans what with current yams spawn wanting a team to follow.

Only if we sign Deeks, Gaz and Zoomer...

sbell1875
09-07-2013, 08:12 PM

Personally I'd rather we didn't. Of the 3 2 tier stands we have one is the 'away end' so it is likely seats would either be empty or segregated. Plus Charlton tried to fill in a corner with a 2 tier and single tier stand and it looks daft.

BarneyBreslin
09-07-2013, 08:13 PM
No

hfc rd
09-07-2013, 08:14 PM
No

ColintonHibs
09-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Maybe when we start getting average attendances 18000+ which is never going to happen as we struggle to get that against hearts or celtic

NYHibby
09-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Man, it has been awhile since we have had this topic come up. Someone should find the threads from like 5 years ago.

Here is a picture someone made six years ago:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4301/ercornersam0.jpg

Sir David Gray
09-07-2013, 08:24 PM
It's something that I would love to see happen eventually but only when we're in a position to require such a development.

Last season, our average attendance was 10,489 which means that Easter Road was only half full most of the time. Increasing the capacity just now is completely needless.

ScottB
09-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I thought road proximity would prevent us filling in at least one of the corners?

It'd probably be easier to just add another tier or something to the East if there was ever a need for it for us or a Scottish Euro bid etc.

HibeeMackenzie
09-07-2013, 08:40 PM
No. Invest the money in improving the team, if that attracts another 10000+ fans week in, week out, then it should be considered

H113EE5
09-07-2013, 08:42 PM

FFS, we comfortably can't fill what we have now, never mind a few extra seats. Better spending any money we have on players, it's the team that gets bums on seats not fantastic infrastructure.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-07-2013, 08:43 PM
More relevant just now surely is should we leave the South closed apart from the obvious exceptions?

gringojoe
09-07-2013, 08:48 PM
No, we should think bigger than that 52,000 all seater stand with hotel and Olympic sized swimming pool on top of the famous five is what we need.

HibeesLA
09-07-2013, 08:49 PM
I thought road proximity would prevent us filling in at least one of the corners?

It'd probably be easier to just add another tier or something to the East if there was ever a need for it for us or a Scottish Euro bid etc.

Albion Road (corner between North and West) would be a big problem, and possibly South and East. We could fill in West and South, but as pointed out, that would be closed anyway to segregate from away fans. That leaves us with 1 corner being possible, but that would look odd. I believe the cost to build versus the number of seats you get would be restrictive. That was certainly the argument when the 2 tier versus 1 tier East was being discussed.

There may also be an issue with enclosing the field and not allowing for proper circulation for the grass.

Let's leave the corners alone, and invest on the field.

M11BMO
09-07-2013, 08:49 PM
No

lord bunberry
09-07-2013, 08:54 PM
If there's a demand for extra seats in the future then of course we should.

Squealing pig
09-07-2013, 09:01 PM
No chance

merritthibees
09-07-2013, 09:10 PM
What a pointless thread... Can't even fill what we have! Let's sort that out then talk about adding!

ALF TUPPER
09-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Big screens :)

merritthibees
09-07-2013, 09:13 PM

Now that would be nice! :D

Holmesdale Hibs
09-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Waste of money until we can fill what we have. If we ever can, we'll have more than enough money to pay for an extension. I think it would look quite good but is unnecessary at the moment.

ManBearPig
09-07-2013, 09:16 PM
So even yam linesmen can see ball when over the line
:aok:

Spudster
09-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Man, it has been awhile since we have had this topic come up. Someone should find the threads from like 5 years ago.

Here is a picture someone made six years ago:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4301/ercornersam0.jpg

:tee hee: The angle of the east and main in that pic!

blackpoolhibs
09-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I have heard from a source, we are in the process of buying up the road and houses on albion road for this very purpose.

Although we do need to put a few extra seats on the west stand too, so its will be the same height as the east, so that the roof that Rod has planned also will match.

He said its a retractable one, like they have at Wimbledon.

Go Rod, i'm getting excited.

gegs70
09-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Yes a complete stadium! would look great.

monktonharp
09-07-2013, 09:20 PM
dancing horses would be good. where's stevie?

SMAXXA
09-07-2013, 09:24 PM

You get seatbelts mate, don't you know that's what all the big clubs do. Gives an all new meaning to Hibs keeping us on the edge of our seats :greengrin

mutley
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM
I have to go with the flow on this one. Yes it would be great to see ( like in the pic a few posts above ) but at the moment, the stadium is usually half empty and more empty seats would only make it look worse.

Maybe one day though, soon there will be 400,000 Edinburgh footie fans needing a club to follow

alan1875
09-07-2013, 09:29 PM
It would look amazing no doubt but not now... One day either through success, crazy money through sky deals or something else that means we can afford it, we do it. Also if they used it to attract concerts etc. and generate additional income that would be even better. All blue sky thinking though... Practically, it will probably never happen. Hope I'm wrong!!! :-)

Glory Lurker
09-07-2013, 09:32 PM
More relevant just now surely is should we leave the South closed apart from the obvious exceptions?

Absolutely :agree:. So long as the cost of segregating/policing a split in the west is less than the cost of running the south on match day, I would be in favour of this. Totally different story if attendances go up, but I think we need to be turning in to the wind of the economic storm at every opportunity.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2013, 09:59 PM

When they disappear from the city we should keep the corners as they are, as a permanent reminder of the terrific entertainment that the team formerly known as the heart of midlothian gave us.

We could name each corner appropriately and pay tribute to their leg ends where we can.

Off the top off my head, we could have the Vladimir Romanov Champions League corner (2008), The Asbestos free corner, The Wallace Mercer "one team" corner and maybe something war related to recognise everyone from every other part of Scotland who made the ultimate sacrifice who happened to have some connection to football teams other than hearts? there's bound to have been some surely.

3pm
09-07-2013, 10:00 PM
We should be thinking about closing tiers on the stands down while the crowds are pish, not extending it.

PerfectlyFranck
09-07-2013, 11:57 PM
So even yam linesmen can see ball when over the line
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx309/HibernianFitbaClub/59af17da-b251-46b9-8e80-5a1dc6d43ea8_zps96b03ed0.jpg

zosohibee
10-07-2013, 12:18 AM
We haven't had an average attendance of 20,000 since 1957/58, no we shouldn't fill in the coners, we haven't yet sold out the new capacity ground once as far as I remember, and if we have we have sold it out once

PerfectlyFranck
10-07-2013, 12:33 AM
We haven't had an average attendance of 20,000 since 1957/58, no we shouldn't fill in the coners, we haven't yet sold out the new capacity ground once as far as I remember, and if we have we have sold it out once

17,793 is our highest attendance since the rebuild. I think this is the only occasion that we've had more than our former capacity...​

jgl07
10-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Filling in the corners would not add many seats and would be expensive. Only two of the four corners would more useful from the viewpoint of adding capacity. It could be useful to add big screens. It would certainly improve atmosphere if Hibs were getting crowds of 15,000 plus as the oise would be retained better.

It should be part of long term plans if Hibs sell out Easter Road more than three of four times a season.

spike220
10-07-2013, 02:29 AM

Spesh on big derby days against Spartans. Rod is that you?

ChooseLife
10-07-2013, 03:07 AM
17,793 is our highest attendance since the rebuild. I think this is the only occasion that we've had more than our former capacity...​

:agree: I think it was the first day the stand opened vs oldco.

I think closing the south is a great idea for non derby,OF and sheep matches if it saves any money, but I do remember on this site a poster was saying something along the lines of when you actually break it down, the money saved from keeping 1 stand closed would be ate up and then more by the segregation costs.

I hope that's wrong as a more compact crowd could really effect the atmosphere at ER, 50-60 season ticket holders in the corner of the West Stand would rightfully be peed off at the move but IF it benefits the club financially as well as the match day experience they should really be looking into it.

Pete
10-07-2013, 03:23 AM
I think some people need to get their priorities right.

Smartphone app for ordering pies first, stadium development later.

Greendub
10-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Not for me thanks, the money should be spent on the team first, when we are selling out ER week in, week out, then it should be discussed, although another teir would be a better option I think

HibeeMG
10-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Can you imagine the planning application for doing this?

I do hope we get to see a picture of it on the website if it happens.

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Sell Harris and make it happen...Petrie

steakbake
10-07-2013, 07:46 AM
No.

Question next....

StevieC
10-07-2013, 07:58 AM
No.

Filling in the corners would also affect the quality of the grass on the pitch.

Saorsa
10-07-2013, 07:59 AM
with the yams about to vacate the city, should we fill in the corners?

should we fill in the corners?

it'd look great and add to the atmosphere also.
Spesh on big derby days against spartans.​no!

TheFamous1875
10-07-2013, 08:30 AM
I'd be more than for it IF we were selling out the stadium regularly, and if Hibs were successful to the point of selling out a 20,000 seater stadium on a weekly basis, the team would obviously be sorted and the priority (if we were to achieve these successes everything would be done correctly), and the afterthought would be to fill in the corners, add further tiers, etc.
I don't know anything at all about architecture, but I think some of these ideas would possibly be unfeasible. The FF and the West corner would maybe be a problem, due to the ticket office and the tightness of the corner and the curve in the road, and I think the same applies to the East/South corner. The South/West corner is used for parking, TV, etc (surely they could still be catered for underneath the stand? Maybe you could have a tunnel to drive into?) and I don't know how you could put another tier onto a stand, I don't know how they do it, but if it was the Famous Five, surely it would end up stretching over the entire street behind it? I don't know if that would be possible, to have a road underneath a 3-tier stand!

Like I say, this is of course all hypothetical, and feels light years away from even dreaming of, but if your other stadiums in the UK can do it (I'm sure one of the stands at Parkhead stretches over a street and into a cemetery too?) than surely there's a way Hibs would be able to achieve these things, if it were ever in demand (one day hopefully!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hermit Crab
10-07-2013, 08:32 AM

No

jdships
10-07-2013, 08:44 AM
In a word - NO !!!!!!!!!!!

Liams
10-07-2013, 08:54 AM
I dont think we should fill the corners however it be great if we could have flags/a club badge on display on the corners instead of what we have, i understand its for sponsership but it would turn ER into a fortress

Keith_M
10-07-2013, 08:56 AM
We could build a museum in one corner to tell future generations about the sad demise of Hearts. It could have educational features teaching kids the benefits of thrift (Hibs) against uncontrolled manic spending sprees and where it gets you (Hearts [Extinct])

Saorsa
10-07-2013, 09:01 AM
We could build a museum in one corner to tell future generations about the sad demise of Hearts. It could have educational features teaching kids the benefits of thrift (Hibs) against uncontrolled manic spending sprees and where it gets you (Hearts [Extinct])Demise would've done, there's nothing sad about it, in fact it's ****in' hilarious.

http://i43.tinypic.com/n6t9qg.gif

leithsansiro
10-07-2013, 09:18 AM
On a stadium related note, this (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/130229-new-stadium/) beauty of a thread is currently running on Sickback, albeit to much naysaying from "sensible" Yams

We would all love to keep tynie but If we were to get a new stadium what would u prefer;

20-35k capacity bowl-like Tynie on top of players
10-20k capacity 4 stands- tight to pitch
60k+ capacity bowl host GIGS RUGBY-running track far away like hampden
40-55k 4 stands with running track- similar to murrayfield

Thoughts??

Saorsa
10-07-2013, 09:21 AM
On a stadium related note, this (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/130229-new-stadium/) beauty of a thread is currently running on Sickback, albeit to much naysaying from "sensible" Yams

We would all love to keep tynie but If we were to get a new stadium what would u prefer;

Thoughts??

:aok:saughton enclosure :faf:

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Thread title should be, Easter Road - How can we fill the seats?

Aldo
10-07-2013, 09:25 AM
saughton enclosure :faf:

Mair like the enclosure at HMP Saughton J. That's where a few of their players and management staff would feel at home.

Saorsa
10-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Mair like the enclosure at HMP Saughton J. That's where a few of their players and management staff would feel at home.That's where they should be, no where they'd feel at hame. At hame would be a school or swing park

Aldo
10-07-2013, 09:31 AM
That's where they should be, no where they'd feel at hame. At hame would be a school or swing park

Ha ha. Quality mate

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2013, 09:33 AM
No. Invest the money in improving the team, if that attracts another 10000+ fans week in, week out, then it should be considered

This, I'm bored with improving the infrastructure of the club.

Ozyhibby
10-07-2013, 09:41 AM
This is a bit of a pointless thread but then that the fun of message boards so I'll have a go.
Any capital investment show go towards increasing non match day revenue for the club. Scotland is desperately short of concert venues of the size that Easter Road can provide but for some reason it is not used. Why is this? Noise levels? Pitch Damage? Lack of a roof?
I've no idea why we don't have any outside income from the stadium but that should be the priority rather than adding more empty seats.

jacomo
10-07-2013, 09:54 AM
I have heard from a source, we are in the process of buying up the road and houses on albion road for this very purpose.

Although we do need to put a few extra seats on the west stand too, so its will be the same height as the east, so that the roof that Rod has planned also will match.

He said its a retractable one, like they have at Wimbledon.

Go Rod, i'm getting excited.

What's happened to the helipad?

green glory
10-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I think some people need to get their priorities right.

Smartphone app for ordering pies first, stadium development later.

Don't forget 3D programmes. It's what all the big teams have.

Dunderhall
10-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I'd rather fill in their grave.

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2013, 10:32 AM
What's happened to the helipad?

Did you not read my post? We are buying up all the land around albion road, should be enough room to land a small plane by the time Rods finished.

darwenhibby
10-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I think we would be better investing in the capacity of Hampden.

We seem to have a large support in Southside area of Glasgow now and always have over 20 000 when we play there.

With us now playing there a lot more often we should look at making sure that everyone can get a ticket.

In Edinburgh there are only 12 000 out of 500 000 people who have an interest in watching Hibs.

Filling in the corners is not worth it.

DH1875
10-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Don't think it's a bad idea, just not the right timing though. Maybe in about 10 years time once we're well on the way to being a one city club. To be fair, I don't even think it's the size of our support thats the problem. After this season there will be only one team we'll play against who will even come close to filling the south. Other than that you'll be lucky if there's 500-1k in there most weeks. IF we ever did have the need for extra tickets/seats we can always put our fans in there.

Ross4356
10-07-2013, 12:16 PM
During the consulation phaze for the building of the East it was quote that to fill in the corners was priced at £2,500 per seat

Miguel
10-07-2013, 12:30 PM
I'm afraid that war was fought in the mid-90s when the rebuilding began. I recall attending a fans' forum where it was suggested building 'in the round' to a capacity of 15000. This was, if I recall rightly, rejected by the club because of economies of scale.
The same argument was used when building the new East, when I and no doubt others suggested incorporating design features which would allow the stand to be built to same size, but with fewer seats.
I have no idea how many extra seats would be provided by filling in the corners, or how much it would cost. For the moment, the 'problem' could again be solved by design features - why not have giant photographs of famous players and other figures associated with the club?
And on that subject, it's really time we gave proper names to the west and east stands: the obvious choice is to call them after the founders.

Seveno
10-07-2013, 03:00 PM
It'll be happy to pay for it.

I have a little land deal coming up that involves the purchase and then sale of some development land on the west of the city. I expect it to net me a handsome profit. :cb

Waxy
10-07-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm afraid that war was fought in the mid-90s when the rebuilding began. I recall attending a fans' forum where it was suggested building 'in the round' to a capacity of 15000. This was, if I recall rightly, rejected by the club because of economies of scale.
The same argument was used when building the new East, when I and no doubt others suggested incorporating design features which would allow the stand to be built to same size, but with fewer seats.
I have no idea how many extra seats would be provided by filling in the corners, or how much it would cost. For the moment, the 'problem' could again be solved by design features - why not have giant photographs of famous players and other figures associated with the club?
And on that subject, it's really time we gave proper names to the west and east stands: the obvious choice is to call them after the founders.Like the giant photos of famous players.
Perhaps every year a past legend gets a huge pic up between the East and North.
This could inspire the players as they play matches.Superb idea.

PerfectlyFranck
10-07-2013, 04:31 PM
:agree: I think it was the first day the stand opened vs oldco.

I think closing the south is a great idea for non derby,OF and sheep matches if it saves any money, but I do remember on this site a poster was saying something along the lines of when you actually break it down, the money saved from keeping 1 stand closed would be ate up and then more by the segregation costs.

I hope that's wrong as a more compact crowd could really effect the atmosphere at ER, 50-60 season ticket holders in the corner of the West Stand would rightfully be peed off at the move but IF it benefits the club financially as well as the match day experience they should really be looking into it.

The first game against Rangers was even less than the former capacity, the highest was against Hearts (7 November 2010). This was the only game that we've exceeded the former capacity. I'd like the corners filled with the giant advertising hoardings, corners filled and revenue gained.

...WentToMowAnSPL
10-07-2013, 04:42 PM

I was more thinking about the presence of rangers RIP

Moon unit
10-07-2013, 05:50 PM
The first game against Rangers was even less than the former capacity, the highest was against Hearts (7 November 2010). This was the only game that we've exceeded the former capacity. I'd like the corners filled with the giant advertising hoardings, corners filled and revenue gained.
Would like the other 2 corners filled with large sheets of fitted paper,we could fire Jamboids out of a cannon into them at half time!... And charge them for the pleasure! :cb

Renfrew_Hibby
10-07-2013, 09:09 PM
I t would be great to fill the corners in but realistically it's a non-starter. Having said that the space between the Famous Five and the East is fairly large and is only being used as a makeshift matchday carpark, so if we were to fill in any corner it would be that one. We could maybe build a safe standing area if it were to be filled in.
What I think the space could really be used for is maybe a club museum maybe incorporated into a café/bar type thing as you get at many European grounds. I remember being in Barcelona one time and when Espanyol used to play at the Olympic Stadium there was something similar to this, some where for fans to visit and hang out on non match days.

--------
10-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Personally, I would always START with the corners, then work round the EDGES of the pitch, and go on to fill in the rest after I've got the border right.

It's how I've always done jigsaw puzzles. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
10-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Hibs will never get big enough home crowds to fill ER as it is now. But where does it say we have to fill in the corners with seats? Loads of stadiums around the world fill in the corners with other stuff and look all the better for it.

The corner at the FF and East is huge and would be perfect for an hotel. Views over the Forth or the pitch depending on what room you were in. 5 minutes from the Parliament, 10 minutes from Princes street. Cant understand why Hibs havnt jumped on this to be honest. Other firms with international experience in the hotel trade are looking to build new hotels in other parts of Edinburgh as I type, so it must be profitable. I know Killie have one ..... But Kilmarnock aint Edinburgh.

The corner at the South and West is pretty big too and could be used for something like flats. If there were say 10 flats surely they could all be rented. Or if sold, then with a previso attached that Hibs have a certain control over what the residents could do with them in relation to any possible affects to the club.

The corner of the South and East could be filled in by building a few more flats.

As for the West and the FF corner .... Pretty limited I suppose due to the houses, but perhaps if some sort of perspex affair could be put up to fill it in there may not be a light issue for the houses over the road.

All that would probably cost a fair chunk of cash, but with the right partners etc surely we could make some money out of it in the long run.

Filling in the corners would improve the atmosphere in the stadium and make it look a lot better, coz at the moment super though it is, it does have a wee bit of a Subbuteo Stadium look to it.

joe breezy
11-07-2013, 05:52 AM

Thoughts??

Had a glance - Carricknowe Golf Course?
What gives them the right to that?
I used to play golf there and even played ice hockey there once when it was flooded then froze.

There's no way they should be getting any council land

Staying on topic I like enclosed stadiums - didn't realise it would affect the grass too much...

Just Alf
11-07-2013, 08:02 AM
In the spirit of the OP... Dam right we should! We need somewhere for the increasingly large number of hibees in future generations! :D

Taking the more serious tack of the thread highjackers :D ...... Nah not needed, even if something were to happen with some form of euro league set up I'd just want to see ER near capacity each game.

GGTTH!

basehibby
11-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm very happy that ER's been developed up to it's current standard, but would be bloody furious if further funds were directed towards ground development at the moment. Until such time as we're regularly selling out a 20,000 capacity ER, any spare cash should be spent on the team - end of!

Phil MaGlass
11-07-2013, 08:26 AM
lets get our so-called ´managable debt´ down to no debt, pump money into players, then start thinking aboot filling in the corners.

Phil MaGlass
11-07-2013, 08:35 AM

Ah want tae see the old SKOL advert back at ER. Fill in the corners with advertising and have companies pay to have the stands named after them for periods of time.

Renfrew_Hibby
11-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Hibs will never get big enough home crowds to fill ER as it is now. But where does it say we have to fill in the corners with seats? Loads of stadiums around the world fill in the corners with other stuff and look all the better for it.

The corner at the FF and East is huge and would be perfect for an hotel. Views over the Forth or the pitch depending on what room you were in. 5 minutes from the Parliament, 10 minutes from Princes street. Cant understand why Hibs havnt jumped on this to be honest. Other firms with international experience in the hotel trade are looking to build new hotels in other parts of Edinburgh as I type, so it must be profitable. I know Killie have one ..... But Kilmarnock aint Edinburgh.

The corner at the South and West is pretty big too and could be used for something like flats. If there were say 10 flats surely they could all be rented. Or if sold, then with a previso attached that Hibs have a certain control over what the residents could do with them in relation to any possible affects to the club.

The corner of the South and East could be filled in by building a few more flats.

As for the West and the FF corner .... Pretty limited I suppose due to the houses, but perhaps if some sort of perspex affair could be put up to fill it in there may not be a light issue for the houses over the road.

All that would probably cost a fair chunk of cash, but with the right partners etc surely we could make some money out of it in the long run.

Filling in the corners would improve the atmosphere in the stadium and make it look a lot better, coz at the moment super though it is, it does have a wee bit of a Subbuteo Stadium look to it.

Just looking at some other grounds. Carrow Road has a Travel Lodge in one of their corners and Leyton Orient has newly built blocks of flats in 2 or 3 of the corners. Could be a money spinner?

Hibbyradge
11-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I think we should build stages in the corners and have the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders entertain us before during and after matches. :agree:

Phil MaGlass
11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I think we should build stages in the corners and have the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders entertain us before during and after matches. :agree:

aye, pit a stage up and we could dae half-time karaoke,

mutley
12-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Just looking at some other grounds. Carrow Road has a Travel Lodge in one of their corners and Leyton Orient has newly built blocks of flats in 2 or 3 of the corners. Could be a money spinner?The travel lodge/ Premier Inn type of thing could be a good shout. Not sure of how many rooms they would be able to squeeze in, but I'm sure that they would all sell out especially for home games as hibbys a bit further away would be able to travel, stay overnight/weekend. If Hibs built and managed it rather than a third party company, I'm sure after recouping the initial costs, there could be profit to be had. Corporate hospitality to also add in accommodation .Probably a bit too far fetched, but I still think fairly plausible...................and imagine how p155ed off the yams would be after telling us about there mega stadium with hotel and retail etc

Hibbyradge
12-07-2013, 11:11 AM
aye, pit a stage up and we could dae half-time karaoke,

:agree:

I'm every woman, It's all in meeeeeeeee....

:music::singing::music:

That's get the armchair fans flocking back.

Miguel
13-07-2013, 12:35 PM
In general, we don't make enough use of the stadium. It lies idle most of a week/fortnight. We should be looking at turning it into a community hub. I don't know how it would fit in with current pitch regulations, but to me you get a top class artificial surface on there and use it for fives/youth football through the week and, when available, Saturdays and Sundays. What about encouraging all businesses in east Edinburgh to set up shop - could we make use of the concourse for this. Creative thinking needed.

(((Fergus)))
14-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Filling in the corners now is pure OCD. The club has done what it needed to do - utilise the planning - now it needs to fill what's there.