PDA

View Full Version : Anyone driving to sweden?

RIP
09-07-2013, 01:46 AM
I heard that one or two people were considering a road trip - any seasoned European drivers got any advice to share?

I am thinking about it...............overnight stop in Brugge

Don't know about tolls and ferry prices yet

KWJ
09-07-2013, 03:21 AM
I'd love to do it this way. Is the petrol considerably cheaper in France?

Obviously, I'm a little bit too far away for this trip, one time though!

Good luck!

Jack
09-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Yup.

Onion
09-07-2013, 05:59 AM
I heard that one or two people were considering a road trip - any seasoned European drivers got any advice to share?

I am thinking about it...............overnight stop in Brugge

Don't know about tolls and ferry prices yet

DFDS ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam is excellent but last minute prices at this time of year might be steep unless there are a few of you sharing a cabin - roughly £600 for 4 plus car. Not sure if they sail at w/e so might need to allow for extra time, hotel/motel nights.

European breakdown cover would be good.
Adjust headlight beams (plastic stickers) if planning to drive at night.
Fire extinguisher and first aid kits are mandatory in some countries - worth checking out.
GB oval badge, unless you have EU badge on the reg plate.

And drive on the right :greengrin

TRC
09-07-2013, 07:20 AM
My mum is driving to sweden at the end of the month. going Newcastle Amsterdam, then there are two options either the bridge across or the ferry from Denmark bridges are 800 kr return about 80 quid, ferry is 400 kr one way I think. there is also the harwich esbjerg ferry which is a longer drive in uk but much much shorter in Denmark to the bridge.

Ritchie
09-07-2013, 07:25 AM
why drive to sweden when we could be playing in ireland?!:greengrin

i think a lot of people could be in for a shock!!

i hope the dogs do beat malmo as its better for hibs.... couldn't care less about the fans who couldnt hold their water and sorted travel early :devil:

RIP
09-07-2013, 03:58 PM
why drive to sweden when we could be playing in ireland?!:greengrin

i think a lot of people could be in for a shock!!

i hope the dogs do beat malmo as its better for hibs.... couldn't care less about the fans who couldnt hold their water and sorted travel early :devil:

Eh............I would drive to Sweden to avoid booking anything expenses in advance e.g. flights and hotels............therefore be able to switch to Dublin without any loss of outlay

Ritchie
09-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Eh............I would drive to Sweden to avoid booking anything expenses in advance e.g. flights and hotels............therefore be able to switch to Dublin without any loss of outlay

Wasnt a dig at you mate. You're doing the sensible thing.