PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Appeal Europa Turnstile Collection - Volunteers Needed

StevieC
08-07-2013, 10:24 PM
The Dnipro Appeal has been given permission to carry out a bucket collection at the Europa Cup home tie on Thursday the 25th of July.

It's heartening to know that 8 years after the European jaunt, that saw the formation of the charity, the Hibernian community is still supporting the kids in Dnipropetrovsk.

However, for the collection to be a success we need as many volunteers as possible to shake a bucket at the turnstiles for around 30 minutes prior to the game.

The game is scheduled for a 7.45pm kick-off and buckets can be collected from 6.30pm onwards adjacent to the club shop.

I cannot stress enough how important these collections are to the charity funds and how much of a contribution volunteers make to the ongoing efforts of the Dnipro Appeal charity.

If you are able to help out then contact me directly and I will provide further details.

Many thanks

:flag: :not worth :flag:

Billy
09-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Bump. :thumbsup:

StevieC
15-07-2013, 01:22 PM
I know it's all go at the moment .. I'm off to Malmo as well .. but if you think you might be able to help out with the collection please let us know as soon as you can.

franks
15-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Can we put any left over Kroner in the buckets? After Dnipro we could donate Ukrainian.

You people have done a wonderful job over the years which has made such a difference to kids over there. Keep up the good work and yes I will donate British or Kroner.

StevieC
15-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Can we put any left over Kroner in the buckets? After Dnipro we could donate Ukrainian.

I suppose that would be quite apt (so long as it was notes that could be exchanged back to Sterling).

As far as I can remember, I think there was in excess of £500 in Ukrainian notes that were donated towards the charity.

ps still needing a lot more bucket shakers for the night.

StevieC
20-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Now that we are all back from Malmo safe and sound ..

How about some volunteers for the turnstile collection this Thursday?

:aok:

woody0-7
20-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Now that we are all back from Malmo safe and sound ..

How about some volunteers for the turnstile collection this Thursday?

Stevie I know I said I would help outbut I broke my heel whilst away and I'm in a cast for ten weeks so no much chance of helping this time but I will look out for things in the future. Cheers

StevieC
20-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Stevie I know I said I would help outbut I broke my heel whilst away and I'm in a cast for ten weeks so no much chance of helping this time but I will look out for things in the future. Cheers

Bri, it was a nasty tumble you took, hope you have a speedy recovery.

I was with Kev when you got taken away in the police car, which might have been expected but not for a broken foot. :greengrin

Thanks for volunteering though, albeit only for a couple of hours before the "jacuzzi" took its first casualy. :wink:

StevieC
22-07-2013, 07:59 AM
We are still looking for volunteers for some pre-match bucket shaking.

PM me if you are available :aok:

StevieC
24-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Just a quick note to say ..

Those that have volunteered can pick up their collection buckets from 6.15pm onwards at the entrance to Behind The Goals at the Famous Five Stand.

We are still about 8 volunteers short to make our full quota, so give me a shout if you think you can help out last minute.

Many thanks.