PDA

View Full Version : Walking Blisters, how to pop one.....

HH81
07-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Currently training for 127 mile walk.

Done a lot of training walk(bet over 15) and did 20 miles in stupid heat today. Anyway skin on feet is rock hard and having got home foot started to hurt, checked feet and under massive lair of skin is small blister.

I cant get to it to pop it as so deep, struggling to walk on it any ideas?

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Currently training for 127 mile walk.

Done a lot of training walk(bet over 15) and did 20 miles in stupid heat today. Anyway skin on feet is rock hard and having got home foot started to hurt, checked feet and under massive lair of skin is small blister.

I cant get to it to pop it as so deep, struggling to walk on it any ideas?

Soak your feet in luke warm water for an hour and then once skin has softened pop your blister.

HH81
07-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Soak your feet in luke warm water for an hour and then once skin has softened pop your blister.

Now that makes sence, cheers. :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Now that makes sence, cheers. :thumbsup:

Worked for me on the West Highland Way :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
08-07-2013, 05:55 AM
If you don't have to burst the blister then don't, the blister is the body's natural protection against infections. If they're already burst then tape them up with zinc-oxide tape or try and keep them sterile with zinc-oxide cream.

Best avoid them altogether when possible. Wear two pairs of socks when tabbing, that way a lot of the friction takes place between both pair of socks instead of between your feet and the socks.

Wembley67
08-07-2013, 06:37 AM
And at the first sign of a blister get the compeed on.

HH81
08-07-2013, 07:22 AM
I can see blister under skin just deep down.

I didnt feel anything on walk, had shower, went to rugby then when got home started to feel it then noticed it, bit annoying.

kdhibees1
09-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Try stuff called compeed. Very good for blisters!!!