PDA

View Full Version : ivan the terrible

Billychaotic182
07-07-2013, 11:31 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/forres-mechanics-0-ross-county-2034909

Cracking photo as well

COUNTY’S “friendly” win at Mosset Park was marred by a bust-up that saw winger Ivan Sproule and Mechanics’ Ross MacPherson sent off for fighting.

The SPFL side’s scorers were double Dutch as Kevin Luckassen netted from the penalty spot early on and compatriot Marc Klok sealed victory in the first minute of injury time with a 25-yard cracker.

Ref Thomas Shaw had no option but to flash red cards at the two players following their bust-up three minutes from the break.

County boss Derek Adams would not be drawn on the clash. He said: “I didn’t see it from the dugout.”

But an angry Forres boss Charlie Rowley said: “I felt their player was the guilty party. Yes, my player raised his hand but it was only to push him away.

“I’ll be utterly disappointed if my player gets the same punishment.”

Holmesdale Hibs
07-07-2013, 12:41 PM
I always remember him having a bit of a temper and particularly for stamping on someone in the semi. Difficult to dislike the guy though and I'll always think of him as Ivan the Treble.

Hibercelona
07-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Seems they were both challenging and Ivan was simply quicker on the ball.

Lucius Apuleius
08-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Maybe I am catching a wee bit of the paranoia that some have, but surprised it does not say ex Hibs player. :greengrin

hibee81
08-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Was at the game and Ivan was acting a bit of a tit the whole 43 minutes he was on the park, didn't like the challenge that Ross "chucky" McPherson put in on him so squared up to him although it wasn't the first challenge that he got caught with. Chucky is not known for his timing in a tackle but it wasn't that bad, Ivan obviously didn't fancy playing in the Forres heat so swung a punch that connected in fact he is maybe lucky it was on the park as chucky is an amateur boxer as well.

LancsHibs
08-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Looks like he's fighting his twin brother! There's only two Ivan Spoules:singing:

FRes Hibbie
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Was at the game and Ivan was acting a bit of a tit the whole 43 minutes he was on the park, didn't like the challenge that Ross "chucky" McPherson put in on him so squared up to him although it wasn't the first challenge that he got caught with. Chucky is not known for his timing in a tackle but it wasn't that bad, Ivan obviously didn't fancy playing in the Forres heat so swung a punch that connected in fact he is maybe lucky it was on the park as chucky is an amateur boxer as well.

:agree: