PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs U20s 2 v Vale of Leithen 0

Borders HFC
06-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Former hibs player Fraser Ogilvie takes his vale side to take our youngsters on at east mains today! 2pm kick off

Iggy Pope
06-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Former hibs player Fraser Ogilvie takes his vale side to take our youngsters on at east mains today! 2pm kick off

The Training Centre looks magnificent today.

Billy
06-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Team news on my twitter for those who follow me. Hope the wind stays down as I'm on the scaffolding filming

KWJ
06-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Way to bump up your followers Billy, what's your twitter!?

:flag:

Billy
06-07-2013, 01:30 PM
1-0 Doyle

MSK
06-07-2013, 01:32 PM
The Training Centre looks magnificent today.Get some pics up HH ..:aok:

Billy
06-07-2013, 01:48 PM
HT: 1-0 Hibernian

Iggy Pope
06-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Get some pics up HH ..:aok:

can't seem to do that from my device. It is splendid though.
Jay Doyle the scorer I think. Don't know too many of the boys. Two blond laddies in centre mid (Beaton?) putting in a shift. Young looking Vale side too.

Edit. Laddies not paddies. Freudian slip!

Billy
06-07-2013, 02:16 PM
2-0 Mulhall

Iggy Pope
06-07-2013, 02:18 PM
2 nil. Young Cody, one of the accidentally aforementioned Irish chaps?

Billy
06-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Ft: 2-0

derek0762
06-07-2013, 04:23 PM
And a good game it was too, & good run out for the laddies I enjoyed it! The Futures Bright

Billy
06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Goals from today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8QPiytGUNI

brog
06-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Goals from today:

Thanks Billy, nice 2nd goal!

Billy
06-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks Billy, nice 2nd goal!

No pressure on the lad Cody who scored it but I've seen him a few times now and all his goals have been screamers from distance.

jdships
06-07-2013, 08:13 PM
can't seem to do that from my device. It is splendid though.
Jay Doyle the scorer I think. Don't know too many of the boys. Two blond laddies in centre mid (Beaton?) putting in a shift. Young looking Vale side too.

Edit. Laddies not paddies. Freudian slip!

I was at the Craigroyston V Hibs game last season with some of the Hibs youth backroom guys and the lad Beaton came on as a sub in the second half
The comment from them was " we have high hopes for this lad - needs another season or so to fill out but could be a nugget "

:thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
06-07-2013, 09:30 PM
No pressure on the lad Cody who scored it but I've seen him a few times now and all his goals have been screamers from distance.

I did say when I tugged yer ankle high on that scaffold he looked tidy - his goal was expertly struck! Thanks for the names today. Interesting season ahead for the boys with the EoS set up looming and a backroom team encouraging them to pass (which they endeavoured to do the whole game).
I hope they can get some interest from the wider fanbase, maybe on the scale that the 19s had a season or three ago.

poolman
07-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Goals from today:

And there's a poster on here they says EM isn't worth the expense

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2013, 01:23 PM
And there's a poster on here they says EM isn't worth the expense

:agree: Its now starting to bare fruit, Caldwell Forster and Handling have made the breakthrough last season, and others like Stanton have been promoted to the 1st team squad.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2013, 01:26 PM
:agree: Its now starting to bare fruit, Caldwell Forster and Handling have made the breakthrough last season, and others like Stanton have been promoted to the 1st team squad.

And Harris!

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2013, 01:32 PM
And Harris!

Yip, completely forgot about him. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-07-2013, 02:07 PM

It was interesting to read that in his blueprint for the future United, Alex Ferguson wrote "tear down that bloody academy for a start...!"

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2013, 02:55 PM
It was interesting to read that in his blueprint for the future United, Alex Ferguson wrote "tear down that bloody academy for a start...!"

Maybe because its not working for them, but its starting to work for us now? Also Fergie has been known to talk some crap over the years too, he's not always right. :wink:

Billy
07-07-2013, 04:59 PM

You have: Caldwell, Handling, Forster, Stanton, Harris, Donaldson, Horribine, Gold and Grant who have now come through and played for the first team.

Billy
07-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I did say when I tugged yer ankle high on that scaffold he looked tidy - his goal was expertly struck! Thanks for the names today. Interesting season ahead for the boys with the EoS set up looming and a backroom team encouraging them to pass (which they endeavoured to do the whole game).
I hope they can get some interest from the wider fanbase, maybe on the scale that the 19s had a season or three ago.

Nice to meet you yesterday. I hope though that we are more patient with this group of players as there are a few new faces and they are a young side too. As ever though they get good backing from our fans and hopefully as you say, a few more come along and support them. :thumbsup::flag:

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2013, 05:12 PM
You have: Caldwell, Handling, Forster, Stanton, Harris, Donaldson, Horribine, Gold and Grant who have now come through and played for the first team.

Not so much the waste of money some folk keep telling us. :agree: