PDA

View Full Version : Sack Fenlon to win the Scottish Cup

IanM
04-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Passing the time in work reading about our wonderful history and came accross this.. seems we havn't won the Scottish Cup since we started appointing managers?

Hibs did not officially appoint a manager until 1903 because they were not incorporated until then. From 1875 until 1903, the club were run by a committee, although Dan McMichael, who also acted as treasurer, secretary and a physiotherapist, was effectively the manager when the club won the 1902 Scottish Cup and the 1903 league championship.

PETRIE!!!! :furious::slipper:

brydekirk
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Get on with your work.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Try,Suck Fenlon, to win the Scottish Cup and see if you get any takers?

YehButNoBut
05-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Try,Suck Fenlon, to win the Scottish Cup and see if you get any takers?

There are many things I'd do for a SC win but maybe that's too much. :wink:

yekimevol
05-07-2013, 03:35 PM
So sack the manager who has gotten us to the final two years in a row. hmmmm.

My personal hobby to to give fenlon stick over what i believe to be basic failings of squad managment such as not signing a proper targetman which resulted in leigh battling over long balls with 6 foot + center backs all season. But Fenlon is improving the culture and squad at hibs; I thought when he came in that it would take three years to bring us to the standard the club deserves and i believe he is getting there.

hibbill2002
05-07-2013, 03:42 PM
There are many things I'd do for a SC win but maybe that's too much. :wink:

Call yersel a Hibby tae?:wink:

Hibercelona
05-07-2013, 04:59 PM
The thread is clearly tongue in cheek.

And hopefully it remains tongue only.

Treadstone
05-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Passing the time in work reading about our wonderful history and came accross this.. seems we havn't won the Scottish Cup since we started appointing managers?

Hibs did not officially appoint a manager until 1903 because they were not incorporated until then. From 1875 until 1903, the club were run by a committee, although Dan McMichael, who also acted as treasurer, secretary and a physiotherapist, was effectively the manager when the club won the 1902 Scottish Cup and the 1903 league championship.

PETRIE!!!! :furious::slipper:

Excellent idea. I suggest a return to a committee type selection process favoured by the national team before appointing a manager. A FoH type 9-man board to decide on everything.

Up The Bracket
05-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Genuinely think, because of what's happened in the last two years' Scottish Cups, that Fenlon will be the man that does it.

Mark my words, Fenlon will go down as a Hibs legend.

Lang Toun Hibs
07-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Fenlon out, Lendl in! :o)