PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new 'boo-boy'?

PatHead
03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Wonder who the experts/boo boys will pick on this season now that Spoony is away? I moved my seat last season because of some tossers in the FF lower who just couldn't shut up.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Wonder who the experts/boo boys will pick on this season now that Spoony is away? I moved my seat last season because of some tossers in the FF lower who just couldn't shut up.

Looks like Scott Robertson is attracting some attention :wink:

Mr White
03-07-2013, 10:04 PM

Fraser mullen. Unless he keeps pinging in freekicks he's sure to attract the attention of the cockwombles in our support.

PatHead
03-07-2013, 10:05 PM

KT and Mullen have a head start due to their background though.

Wilson
04-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Those mentioned plus:

Lewis.

McPake. Hanlon. McGivern.

Caldwell. Handling.

Sorry if I missed anyone out.

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Thomson, Hanlon, Stevenson, Robertson, Handling, Mullen for starters, some new targets, some no so new but I've nae doubt there will be others.

jacomo
04-07-2013, 08:57 AM

FF lower is my least favourite area, for exactly this reason. Seem to be plenty of idiots with loud voices in there.

bingo70
04-07-2013, 08:57 AM
My moneys on Mcpake, it had already started last season and with his 'outburst' recently I reckon he's astick on for it.

hungryhibs
04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
some of the treatment giving out 2 players is shocking the play for the famous hibs we should always back the players that put on the green shirt but you do get a small portion of fans that don when a use 2 sit in the old east stand the same boy every week keeped getting on the players backs and was doing mine and my brother heads in and we told him 2 shut the **** up then he was not happy wanted sort it out like men so after he got a slap he never opened his mouth again

Brightside
04-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Robertson will struggle to get into the current midfield. So it will be Hanlon as per normal (despite being one of our best players for the last 3 years). IMHO only a lazy player should be "boed". Mistakes always happen in football but there is no excuse for lack off effort. I cant think of any lazy players in the current squad tho? So maybe the "fans" can start picking on the ball boys?

J-C
04-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Hopefully this year it'll be the opposition we boo and we finally decide to get behind team, can't see it happening though, too many cynics in here.

Hibbyradge
04-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Hibbyradge hopes it will be Leigh Griffiths :wink:

jdships
04-07-2013, 09:19 AM
My moneys on Mcpake, it had already started last season and with his 'outburst' recently I reckon he's astick on for it.

:agree:

danhibees1875
04-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Williams

Mullen
Mcpake
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Thomson
Taiwo
Craig

Handling
Caldwell

:greengrin

lord bunberry
04-07-2013, 09:41 AM

Why don't we just ban anyone who shows any displeasure during a game and let the real fans get on with supporting the team.

brian6-2
04-07-2013, 09:44 AM
as McPake says himself the players check these forums, a bit stupid starting a thread like this before a ball has been kicked.

I'm all for letting a player know if he isnt pulling his weight but its not right to single anyone out before the season starts.

totally pointless and negative thread.

Waxy
04-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Take the seats out the lower FF and make it safe standing.
That'd shut them up.

Frazerbob
04-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Petrie :wink:

hibby rae
04-07-2013, 10:17 AM

I did that because of tossers in the East! The most pessimistic Hibees I've ever encountered, that's saying something!

hibby rae
04-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I find they like to pick on the youngsters. They must find it really satisfying to beat the confidence out of them before their career's had a chance to develop.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Jimmy Nicholl.

lord bunberry
04-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Tam mcourt

PatHead
04-07-2013, 10:49 AM
as McPake says himself the players check these forums, a bit stupid starting a thread like this before a ball has been kicked.

I'm all for letting a player know if he isnt pulling his weight but its not right to single anyone out before the season starts.

totally pointless and negative thread.

I didn't start a thread only asked the question in another thread. As it had "hijacked" the other thread admins have moved it to a thread of its' own. The fact it is making people think about the effect on players maybe makes it not so pointless though!

allezsauzee
04-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Lewis is a target already. My money is on James McPake to join him

essexhibee
04-07-2013, 10:57 AM

I agree :thumbsup:

Mullen and Thomson gotta be up there. And the usual with Stevenson but that goes without saying.

Hibercelona
04-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Excellent thread.

And we wonder why they never seem to play with their heart on their sleeves.

brian6-2
04-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Excellent thread.

this :top marks

why dont the guys putting names forward go one better and turn up at east mains when the lads return from spain and get the ball rolling....

ian cruise
04-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Lewis is a target already. My money is on James McPake to join him

I'm sure Lewis will have been disappointed to have dropped out of the running the last few seasons but other players have just been more focused on being the boo boy. I'm sure with a good pre season he can find his way back in to their sights. They do enjoy focusing on people who have come through our youth development after all.

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 11:24 AM

why dont the guys putting names forward go one better and turn up at east mains when the lads return from spain and get the ball rolling....WTF are you slavering about? Dae you think the people puting the names forward are going tae be the ones doing the abusing? They're merely suggesting who it might be based on the past behaviour of the moronic element of our support. I certainly winnae be booing any of the names I've put up or anybody else for that matter.

ian cruise
04-07-2013, 11:26 AM

why dont the guys putting names forward go one better and turn up at east mains when the lads return from spain and get the ball rolling....

Way I read the thread was that most, if not all, were tongue in cheek suggestions. I can't imagine anyone here, and I'm certainly not condoning the idea of actually picking a target to boo. I am firmly in the camp of supporting the guys for 90 minutes and saving my moaning for the pub after.

GraniteCityHibs
04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Excellent thread.

:top marks

Threads like these do nothing but generate negativity.

ian cruise
04-07-2013, 11:30 AM
:top marks

Threads like these do nothing but generate negativity.

I always took it that threads like these highlighted how ridiculous the idea of boo boys or targeting your own players for abuse during the game really was.

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 11:36 AM
I always took it that threads like these highlighted how ridiculous the idea of boo boys or targeting your own players for abuse during the game really was.exactly :agree:

brian6-2
04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
WTF are you slavering about? Dae you think the people puting the names forward are going tae be the ones doing the abusing? They're merely suggesting who it might be based on the past behaviour of the moronic element of our support. I certainly winnae be booing any of the names I've put up or anybody else for that matter.

in mines and many others eyes surely folk should be backing the team, naw????

what if any of these lads reads this forum, and see's there name there, thats just the same as slating the team from the stand.

so you wont boo them but your happy to put there name forward as people that might get booed?? aye mate, carry on. :confused:

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 11:41 AM
in mines and many others eyes surely folk should be backing the team, naw????

what if any of these lads reads this forum, and see's there name there, thats just the same as slating the team from the stand.

so you wont boo them but your happy to put there name forward as people that might get booed?? aye mate, carry on. :confused:**** in the neck of a bottle springs tae mind.

Lang Toun Hibs
04-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Wonder who the experts/boo boys will pick on this season now that Spoony is away? I moved my seat last season because of some tossers in the FF lower who just couldn't shut up.This'll be the family friendly FF lower?! Some of the most negative and abusive "supporters" I've come across in beside me! My 6 and 9 year old kids have affectionaly dubbed one chap 'Mr Sweary'! Looking forward to Hampden without his negativity only to see him sitting a few rows away. Tend to just laugh at him now...

Lang Toun Hibs
04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Excellent thread.And we wonder why they never seem to play with their heart on their sleeves.We could boo each other! I'm naively hoping we can take some of the positivity shown in adversity at the end of thefinal into the new season.

HH81
04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
WTF are you slavering about? Dae you think the people puting the names forward are going tae be the ones doing the abusing? They're merely suggesting who it might be based on the past behaviour of the moronic element of our support. I certainly winnae be booing any of the names I've put up or anybody else for that matter.

booo boooooooo boooooooooooo booooooooooooooooooo

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 12:02 PM
booo boooooooo boooooooooooo boooooooooooooooooooBe quiet John

Squealing pig
04-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Hanlon end of thread , the boy should b on the dole

Bighoose
04-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Worst ever for me was when we got moved into Away end when new west Stand was being built.

Got stuck in front of this bloke who absolutely hated Archie Lovell, full 90 minutes, non stop, moaning.

Even when Lovell had the temerity to score for us he would still moaning on.

Anyway I will still stick with Wotherspoon as no doubt there will be some fans who dont know he has gone to St Johnstone and whoever makes a mistake, he will get the blame for it.:rolleyes:

Saorsa
04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Hanlon end of thread , the boy should b on the doleI wondered how long it would take tae go from listing players who might be the target of the moronic element in our crowds tae people actually coming on this thread and puting the boot in. :rolleyes: It's a pity we couldnae sack some of the 'supporters'.

You'll probably be one of the booers. :rolleyes:

superfurryhibby
04-07-2013, 12:17 PM

:faf:Kwality insight, eh no mate.

J-C
04-07-2013, 12:24 PM

Can we start booing the punters on here, if so................BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

allezsauzee
04-07-2013, 12:50 PM

I don't think the people guessing who will be getting it in the neck are advocating that they should (well most) but merely speculating on who the moronic fringe will target. I've never booed any Hibs player/team no matter how bad they've been.

Geo_1875
04-07-2013, 02:20 PM
I always took it that threads like these highlighted how ridiculous the idea of boo boys or targeting your own players for abuse during the game really was.

I find this post rather helpful as there is nothing worse than booing the wrong player especially when they are not playing that day. Sometimes I have resorted to chanting "Who are you?" prior to booing my proposed target though I rarely get an answer. It really would be handy if the boo boy of the day could be named in the match programme. It would save so much unnecessary worry in the build up to the game.

steakbake
04-07-2013, 02:24 PM
I find this post rather helpful as there is nothing worse than booing the wrong player especially when they are not playing that day. Sometimes I have resorted to chanting "Who are you?" prior to booing my proposed target though I rarely get an answer. It really would be handy if the boo boy of the day could be named in the match programme. It would save so much unnecessary worry in the build up to the game.

A top tip. Someone should bring it up at the Hibs fans forum.

Jonnyboy
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
**** in the neck of a bottle springs tae mind.

:faf: that and a giant whoooooooooooooooooooooooooossssssshhhhh

OOO Deegan's gone and get you

Cameron1875
04-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Nobody unless they either consistently play p*** or are complete bottle merchants. I don't think there have been many in the last few years that have been unlucky to be booed. Usually always a reason unless you're sitting in front of a radge.

Keith_M
04-07-2013, 02:57 PM
My dad still screams abuse at Alen Orman.

I haven't got the heart to tell him :wink:

frazeHFC
04-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Was some roasters in front of me last few years and just couldnt stand them in the end. They never celebrated a goal once cos they never liked the player!

WhileTheChief..
04-07-2013, 03:01 PM
So just when everyone is feeling good about the Hibs a thread is started that will do nothing but cause arguments and disagreements.

The OP complains about fans giving players abuse but this thread is giving a platform for exactly that.

Ridiculous.

lord bunberry
04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I can't really see the point of this thread, I will be booing the whole team as usual

lord bunberry
04-07-2013, 03:05 PM
So just when everyone is feeling good about the Hibs a thread is started that will do nothing but cause arguments and disagreements.

The OP complains about fans giving players abuse but this thread is giving a platform for exactly that.

Ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure this thread is a bit tounge in cheek mate.

WhileTheChief..
04-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Aye , tongue in cheek unless you're Hanlon, Stephenson etc.
Normally they at least get until the season starts before the abuse comes.

hfc rd
04-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Hopefully this year it'll be the opposition we boo and we finally decide to get behind team, can't see it happening though, too many cynics in here.

This.

Seveno
04-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Bring back Caspar. Now there's a boo-boy.

Scouse Hibee
04-07-2013, 05:30 PM
There will always be a target for the erseholes who go along every week to moan either at the ground or on message boards no matter how well we are doing. It's what they do you can never change them.

Keith_M
04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Is this a thread on Ladyboys signing for Hibs or did I read 'Hibs New Boob-Boy' wrongly?

:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
The guy behind me will have to find someone different now Wotherspoon has gone. :rolleyes:

ronaldo7
04-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Judging by the Jimmy Scott thread, if he ever gets back to ER, he's a stonewaller for the boo boys.:greengrin

Squealing pig
04-07-2013, 10:29 PM
How do u change ur user name

jabis
04-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Fraser mullen. Unless he keeps pinging in freekicks he's sure to attract the attention of the cockwombles in our support.

hav'nt read the rest of the thread,but cockwombles is quality

jabis
04-07-2013, 11:17 PM

oh ! and by the way,any lard ass that slags off Hibs at ER near me is gonna get it tight :pfgwa

Jonnyboy
04-07-2013, 11:34 PM
How do u change ur user name

Ask the Admins in your best pleading voice :greengrin

Mr White
05-07-2013, 06:27 AM

Wolverhampton forum folk ken what's gaun oan :cb

Wilson
05-07-2013, 07:17 AM
I love how serious the thread got for a minute there. As if we were all coordinating who we were to boo next season.

Wouldn't want to be caught booing the wrong player - what kind of fan would that make me?!

Holmesdale Hibs
05-07-2013, 08:28 AM

Not diasgreeing with you but it really says a lot for (some of) our fans if we start giving McPake a hard time. He's our club captain FFS and is clearly 100% committed every time he steps on the pitch. Also a good player.

Seen people mention Thomson as well... Deary me, the guys a Hibs fan a played for free last season.

The only people that deserve a hard time are those that don't try although agree with the poster earlier who said we don't have any players like that in the current team.

There is a sad amount of truth in this thread and its a shame (some) fans feel the need to spend their leisure time moaaning and getting angry. I hope the boo boys get a mouthful of abuse every time they in the office.

Sorry for being such an idealist and über fan.

Squealing pig
05-07-2013, 02:23 PM
How do u change user name on a phone?

Captain Trips
05-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Not diasgreeing with you but it really says a lot for (some of) our fans if we start giving McPake a hard time. He's our club captain FFS and is clearly 100% committed every time he steps on the pitch. Also a good player.

Seen people mention Thomson as well... Deary me, the guys a Hibs fan a played for free last season.

The only people that deserve a hard time are those that don't try although agree with the poster earlier who said we don't have any players like that in the current team.

There is a sad amount of truth in this thread and its a shame (some) fans feel the need to spend their leisure time moaaning and getting angry. I hope the boo boys get a mouthful of abuse every time they in the office.

Out of interest then if we did have a player like that would you boo him at all?

Squealing pig
05-07-2013, 05:24 PM
How do u change user name on a phone?

Bump

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2013, 05:25 PM
settings-system restore-done.

Holmesdale Hibs
05-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Out of interest then if we did have a player like that would you boo him at all?

If a player blatantly didn't care or did something to really disrespect the club then yes. Can't see it ever happening though, I've been watching Hibs for a long time now and can't think of anyone who didn't try.

NOLA
05-07-2013, 07:12 PM
FF lower is my least favourite area, for exactly this reason. Seem to be plenty of idiots with loud voices in there.
ill try and keep it down this season :greengrin ive got brad welshs old seat, theres still a few "faces" knocking about right enough

SteveHFC
05-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Cant wait to eat my sandwich in the west lower in a few weeks while I boo every player on the pitch ;-)

NOLA
05-07-2013, 07:17 PM

just cause jake is club captain shouldnt excuse him from criticism if warranted though, captain or not, us hibbies do like a scapegoat though :agree:

steakbake
05-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Cant wait to eat my sandwich in the west lower in a few weeks while I boo every player on the pitch ;-)

Exactly - why single one person out when we can have the satisfaction to boo the entire team, the ref, the lino and the people in the comfortable seats in the West Upper.

Cannae wait. It's going to be huge.

SteveHFC
05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Exactly - why single one person out when we can have the satisfaction to boo the entire team, the ref, the lino and the people in the comfortable seats in the West Upper.

Cannae wait. It's going to be huge.

Might aswell buy ear plugs then

steakbake
05-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Might aswell buy ear plugs then

Petrie will see to it that you're sold them with the match day ticket. £5 for a pair of 20p foam ear protectors.

SteveHFC
05-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Petrie will see to it that you're sold them with the match day ticket. £5 for a pair of 20p foam ear protectors.

:faf:

Captain Trips
05-07-2013, 08:50 PM
If a player blatantly didn't care or did something to really disrespect the club then yes. Can't see it ever happening though, I've been watching Hibs for a long time now and can't think of anyone who didn't try.

So if your opinion and tolerence was reached it is ok to boo as long as it fits your own criteria level, pehaps others are at their level?

I don't boo at games I just do it on here :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
05-07-2013, 09:10 PM
So if your opinion and tolerence was reached it is ok to boo as long as it fits your own criteria level, pehaps others are at their level?

I don't boo at games I just do it on here :greengrin

Ha, was expecting a comment like that.

I'd argue my criteria is best, just my opinion though. I don't see the point in booing players for being a bit ****.

Nothing wrong with booing on here, good way to get it out our systems. :greengrin

hfc rd
06-07-2013, 12:48 AM
The impression I'm getting on this thread is that "we must have a boo boy target" for the upcoming season. Personally should we not just get 110% behind the team through thick and thin rather than saying I think this player will get a hard time from our fans because he scored an own goal or I'm going to be giving it the full ear bashing to that player because I despise the previous club that he played for. Let's get behind the whole team this year. The players need our full support and backing. How on earth are they supposed to play to their very best if you are just going to continually shout verbal abuse at them. This is something that can drain a players confidence for good and make them feared at playing in front of their own supporters if time after time they just get jeered by their own fans who are supposed to support the team through thick and thin. It's like we want one of our players to play bad so the so-called hard men in the stands can scream utter abuse at them.

silverhibee
06-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Fenlon. :cb

JohnStephens91
07-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Riordan when he signs...

:stirrer:

Steve-O
07-07-2013, 03:29 AM
You guys should move to Wellington...fans here are the exact opposite. TOO positive, does my head in! Bottom of the league last season and still not too many complaints.

My bet is on Maybury, if he signs (or had he?). I already started on him while watching the final...