03-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Would quite like to see the following for the new season:

Williams
Clancy/Mullen Forster Hanlon McGivern
Thomson OTJ
Harris Robertson Craig
Caldwell

Subs: Murdoch Clancy/Mullen McPake Taiwo Stanton Horribine Handling

Obviously there'll be new names to strengthen that but with Craig, Harris, Robertson, Stanton, Handling etc. we have enough players in midfield with the potential to push forward and chip in that a 4-2-3-1 could well work.

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Williams
Thomson OTJ
Harris Robertson Craig
Caldwell

Obviously there'll be new names to strengthen that but with Craig, Harris, Robertson, Stanton, Handling etc. we have enough players in midfield with the potential to push forward and chip in that a 4-2-3-1 could well work.

I'd prefer us to give Stanton a game ahead of him. Robertson is a waste of a jersey.

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 05:52 PM
I'd prefer us to give Stanton a game ahead of him. Robertson is a waste of a jersey.

Get a grip man, the guys been here 5 minutes lets give him a chance to settle in and show what he can do.

Northernhibee
03-07-2013, 05:52 PM

Twenty quid to Dnipro says he scores ten or more goals this season. Given a good pre season he'll do well for us this season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-07-2013, 06:01 PM

Robertson will be a good player for us this year.

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 06:01 PM
[/B]
Get a grip man, the guys been here 5 minutes lets give him a chance to settle in and show what he can do.

Don't feel he is good enough. other than against killie he has been really poor. he has got into good positions but never really done anything with it. I'd prefer to see-

----------------------------Williams----------------------

---Mullen/Clancy----Forster-------Hanlon------------McGivern

---------------Taiwo/OTJ------Thompson-------------------

--------Craig-------------Cairney/Stanton----Harris----------

-----------------------New Forward------------------------

Subs
Murdoch
McPake
Clancy/Mullen
Taiwo/OTJ
Cairney/Stanton
Caldwell
Handling

Hopefully we will bring in two forwards though. Would like Robertson to prove me wrong but don't think he will.

OsloHibs
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM

The lad made the pass for Caldwell to score at Tynie. Not a waste then. *Thanks for the updates/photo's on tonights game

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM

He played a cute wee ball for Caldwell to put the yams in their place! :wink:

tamig
03-07-2013, 06:59 PM
He played a cute wee ball for Caldwell to put the yams in their place! :wink:

Exactly. Some folk have short memories.

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Exactly. Some folk have short memories.

Yes some do. Some forgot the first half performance against Falkirk where he gifted them two goals and missed a sitter. People forget his debut against St. Johnstone where he struggled to play a three yard pass and couldn't handle the aerial presence of Murray Davidson. People forget him turning his back and pulling out of tackles. His close control on the other hand is excellent:na na:

His assist against the ****bos wasn't even that great if you can remember Griffiths done most of the work to win the ball back. Robertson picked the ball up, took one of his classic touches and played a simple pass to Caldwell, leaving him with lots of work still to do, then Caldwell put it into the only place he could have put it to score.

And scoring against Kilmarnock must mean you are a good player if Tom Soares and Roy O'Donovan could right enough.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Yes some do. Some forgot the first half performance against Falkirk where he gifted them two goals and missed a sitter. People forget his debut against St. Johnstone where he struggled to play a three yard pass and couldn't handle the aerial presence of Murray Davidson. People forget him turning his back and pulling out of tackles. His close control on the other hand is excellent:na na:

His assist against the ****bos wasn't even that great if you can remember Griffiths done most of the work to win the ball back. Robertson picked the ball up, took one of his classic touches and played a simple pass to Caldwell, leaving him with lots of work still to do, then Caldwell put it into the only place he could have put it to score.

And scoring against Kilmarnock must mean you are a good player if Tom Soares and Roy O'Donovan could right enough.

Coulda sworn it was Cairney, not Robertson. Think you're being unduly harsh on SR though. Give him a few games in a settled side before judging him :thumbsup:

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Coulda sworn it was Cairney, not Robertson. Think you're being unduly harsh on SR though. Give him a few games in a settled side before judging him :thumbsup:

If he was going to be a good player I'd have noticed by now just like I can see Harris is going to be a stunning player.

Mr White
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM

what was your opinion of claros this time last year? Surely you accept Scott Robertson has the potential to be a key player this season? It's not that long since his form for united got him a Scotland cap and a move down south.

Jonnyboy
03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
If he was going to be a good player I'd have noticed by now just like I can see Harris is going to be a stunning player.

Fair do's. It's your right to form a view. Time will tell I guess :agree:

Iggy Pope
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM

Your cynicism knows no bounds and thank Christ You don't sit behind me. Glory Glory!

Andy74
03-07-2013, 09:29 PM

Wow. Has he been doing your missus?

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 09:30 PM
what was your opinion of claros this time last year? Surely you accept Scott Robertson has the potential to be a key player this season? It's not tilt long since his form for united got him a Scotland cap and a move down south.

I have always rated Claros SS but Robertson just doesn't seem any good to me. I am entitled to my opinion Just as you're entitled to yours.

SaulGoodman
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM

:yawn:

Mr White
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I have always rated Claros SS but Robertson just doesn't seem any good to me. I am entitled to my opinion Just as you're entitled to yours.

Of course you are, no one has suggested otherwise.

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 09:36 PM
We'll see if everyone thinks the same during the season. If he does start to improve I'll admit I was wrong but don't feel this will be the case.

Mr White
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
We'll see if everyone thinks the same during the season. If he does start to improve I'll admit I was wrong but don't feel this will be the case.

:aok:

BarneyBreslin
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM

Are you always right with your 'predictions'? Just curious.

Iggy Pope
03-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Are you always right with your 'predictions'? Just curious.

Big hole in our ****ty scouting system = filled.

seven nowt
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
What a tackle from Robbo for 1st goal of SC semi. That's the standard we're looking for!!! Got a great midfield in Thommo, Cairney, Harris Craig and hopefully OTJ. Can see us challenging for 3rd place next season. Robertson is one of the few players I would empty.

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 09:52 PM

:faf: Aye ok Sir Alex! As I said earlier give the guy time to prove himself, if you've ever played football you will know sometimes it takes time to settle in and not every player hits the ground running. I believe he will come good and we will see his worth this season. Don't let this cloud your judgment though, half a dozen games in a team changing personnel and formation is plenty for you to judge his worth :rolleyes:

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Maybe put it the wrong way. If he had the talent I think he'd have shown a little bit more of it by now, like harris has done.

SkintHibby
03-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Can see us challenging for 3rd place next season.

Really??? I can't.

Dashing Bob S
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd like to see the boo-boys focus on one target early in the season and STICK with rigidly that target no matter what. Inconsistency has plagued us for too long.

Northernhibee
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Maybe put it the wrong way. If he had the talent I think he'd have shown a little bit more of it by now, like harris has done.

Put it this way, a lot of people didn't see Claros as a talent in his first half season, I kind of see similarities.

Big season ahead for the lad.

PatHead
03-07-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd like to see the boo-boys focus on one target early in the season and STICK with rigidly that target no matter what. Inconsistency has plagued us for too long.

How about Jim Jeffries or Neil Lennon?

mon the cabbage
03-07-2013, 10:15 PM

I don't feel there is a point on picking on an individual I just dont rate robertson

SkintHibby
03-07-2013, 10:17 PM

Hibs.net seriously needs a "like" button!:agree:

SkintHibby
03-07-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't feel there is a point on picking on an individual I just dont rate robertson

Hope you eat humble pie this season, I really do!:agree:

Northernhibee
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM

Maybe that's where the rumours of us signing Ian Black have come from. We could get him to dress up as a clown and dance in front of the east for us to try and hit with a half time pie or something.

The opportunity could help shift a few more season tickets.

PatHead
03-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Think we tried that with Billy Brown but the West stand were too polite

Billychaotic182
03-07-2013, 10:30 PM
People who are slating him need to get a grip. Was a stand out for utd and won a cap. We would have killed for him. Now he is our player we rip into him. If we signed Messi you lot would say he is too small and light weight. How can anyone success if we write them off after a few games!

GlenrothesHibee
03-07-2013, 10:40 PM
People who are slating him need to get a grip. Was a stand out for utd and won a cap. We would have killed for him. Now he is our player we rip into him. If we signed Messi you lot would say he is too small and light weight. How can anyone success if we write them off after a few games!

Its amazing how fickle some football fans are. Just got to accept it mate and realise its just the way it is. For what its worth i think the boy is a great player and will be a big player for us this season.

Kato
03-07-2013, 10:45 PM

Oooh. Get you.

sven nil
03-07-2013, 11:27 PM
[/B]
Get a grip man, the guys been here 5 minutes lets give him a chance to settle in and show what he can do. well let's just say say it's 5 minutes of **** he has been poor,

muzzhfc
03-07-2013, 11:29 PM
I think we are going to have a nice balance to the centre mid this year. lots of options. I really want Robertson to come good. as previously stated, he done well at utd and won a cap and a move to ingur-land. he had troubles with injury down south and, again, as previously stated, just needs a good solid pre season

ian cruise
03-07-2013, 11:34 PM

I vote for Stanton. Now young D has gone we need a product of the youth system to big up and knock down a various stages of the game :wink:

Fergus52
03-07-2013, 11:36 PM

Williams
Thomson OTJ
Harris Robertson Craig
Caldwell

Taiwo was pretty much our best player towards the end of last season, yet you wouldn't have him in your starting eleven?

macd123
03-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Brian kerr also won a cap.

SmallvilleHibee
04-07-2013, 01:19 AM
Taiwo was pretty much our best player towards the end of last season, yet you wouldn't have him in your starting eleven?
And replaced with that heap of pish Robertson

SmallvilleHibee
04-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Brian kerr also won a cap.
3 caps

Hibee87
04-07-2013, 06:03 AM
I think we are going to have a nice balance to the centre mid this year. lots of options. I really want Robertson to come good. as previously stated, he done well at utd and won a cap and a move to ingur-land. he had troubles with injury down south and, again, as previously stated, just needs a good solid pre season

Look at Claros last season after a full pre season.....Remember Robertson is still coming back to fitness.

Not saying he is going to be good or bad for us but FFS give the guy a chance. Looking at our midfield for next season I see us changing it around a bit depending on who we play. Young players for the games we are likely to attack at home, and now have the other option to shut up the midfield if need be with solid players like KT (maybe) robertson, OTJ, Craig.......IMO fenlon is buidling a team for all games, fast exciting tricky young team one week then maybe a bit more defensive the next (if were away to the likes of Celtic or Aberdeen etc) you somtimes need that in the bag otherwise we can become to predictable - last season 4-4-2 after first round of fixtures teams sussed us out, it was obvious. Hope it wont be as easy this season.

The_Exile
04-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Last year was a bit chaotic for Scott, am I right in saying he either didn't have a pre season or it was hampered by injury? That takes its toll and we saw how it affected him. He's a good player, genuinely good player and he will show that this year after a good pre season with the rest of the squad, first time in a long time we seem "settled", for the most part.

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 06:42 AM

You could be right, a bit like Claros set the world on fire when he first came on loan. :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2013, 07:07 AM
To be honest it takes a while to adjust from a life of fame on Ramsay street.
However he's taken the first big step by getting rid of the mullet...

allezsauzee
04-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Last year was a bit chaotic for Scott, am I right in saying he either didn't have a pre season or it was hampered by injury? That takes its toll and we saw how it affected him. He's a good player, genuinely good player and he will show that this year after a good pre season with the rest of the squad, first time in a long time we seem "settled", for the most part.

I don't think it helped that he signed when the team itself wasn't playing that well. He was a good player for Dundee United. I think he'll come good next season.

Unseen work
04-07-2013, 01:25 PM
People have to stop making the comparison with Claros. Claros wasn't used to the league or how we played but you could tell their was a player IMO. Robertson however has played most his career here and hasn't done anything to merit a place in starting line up it even the bench right now, his pass to caldwells goal was about 4 yards, people are clutching at straws trying to claim that one pass has proved he's goods. Fwiw I think their is or was a good player in their I'm just not sure we will see him at hibs.

Hibs07p
04-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Maybe that's where the rumours of us signing Ian Black have come from. We could get him to dress up as a clown and dance in front of the east for us to try and hit with a half time pie or something.

The opportunity could help shift a few more season tickets.

He doesn't need to dress up to be a clown, and I'm sure there would be no shortage of takers at, 3 half bricks for a tenner. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 02:41 PM
People have to stop making the comparison with Claros. Claros wasn't used to the league or how we played but you could tell their was a player IMO. Robertson however has played most his career here and hasn't done anything to merit a place in starting line up it even the bench right now, his pass to caldwells goal was about 4 yards, people are clutching at straws trying to claim that one pass has proved he's goods. Fwiw I think their is or was a good player in their I'm just not sure we will see him at hibs.

His goal at Kilmarnock will be another bit of decent play we should just ignore too i suppose? What reasons do you have, when you concede there is or was a good player in there, that he wont come good at Hibs?:confused:

Unseen work
04-07-2013, 02:48 PM
His goal at Kilmarnock will be another bit of decent play we should just ignore too i suppose? What reasons do you have, when you concede there is or was a good player in there, that he wont come good at Hibs?:confused:

Yeah he scored which is good but so many people are holding on to this one pass, to be a good player u need more than 1 pass during half a season he was here. Taiwo etc play better passes than that every week it's just the fact Caldwell produced a moment of magic

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah he scored which is good but so many people are holding on to this one pass, to be a good player u need more than 1 pass during half a season he was here. Taiwo etc play better passes than that every week it's just the fact Caldwell produced a moment of magic

Are you going to answer the question i put to you?

You said there is and was a good player in there, but you don't think he will show this at Hibs. Apart from pure guesswork, why would you think this? :confused:

Why if you concede he has ability, and has done it before and he also has a cup winning appearance to his CV, cant he do this again? :confused:

Dashing Bob S
04-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Of course there is. Select one individual, pick on him, destroy his confidence, so when he leaves the club a broken man, you then have the satisfaction of telling your mates you were right about him. Happens all the time.

Unseen work
04-07-2013, 06:59 PM

You said there is and was a good player in there, but you don't think he will show this at Hibs. Apart from pure guesswork, why would you think this? :confused:

Why if you concede he has ability, and has done it before and he also has a cup winning appearance to his CV, cant he do this again? :confused:

For the fact in his 6 months here I wasn't impressed with him and has done little since he left united which was a couple of years ago. If your willing to look at players cvs that's fine I guess we should bring deek Occonner etc back. It's about how good they are and what their doing now, not their past

Unseen work
04-07-2013, 07:02 PM

And as for it being guesswork, of course it is, like your opinion is nobody know for definite how good he will be. I'm just going by what iv seen of him since he joined not what he done at utd

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 07:03 PM
For the fact in his 6 months here I wasn't impressed with him and has done little since he left united which was a couple of years ago. If your willing to look at players cvs that's fine I guess we should bring deek Occonner etc back. It's about how good they are and what their doing now, not their past

And as for it being guesswork, of course it is, like your opinion is nobody know for definite how good he will be. I'm just going by what iv seen of him since he joined not what he done at utd

Yet you say there is a good player there, but guess he wont show it at Hibs. I guess he might.

Unseen work
04-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Yet you say there is a good player there, but guess he wont show it at Hibs. I guess he might.

Exactly it's about opinions, you just seem to not like someone having different to yours . i think he was good at united but since he left and has now came to us and been here for 6 months now i dont think he seems great and will struggle to get a game

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Exactly it's about opinions, you just seem to not like someone having different to yours . i think he was good at united but since he left and has now came to us and been here for 6 months now i dont think he seems great and will struggle to get a game

I prefer to let him have a decent pre season before i judge him, he played 1 game for Blackpool and scored in that game. Yet Holloway never played him again, and he came to us not playing any football for quite a long time.

He did well at Kilmarnock, and came on at tynecastle and made a big difference and contribution. I think he's starting to get match fit, and for that reason i wont write him off like you.

Northernhibee
04-07-2013, 07:14 PM

:rolleyes:

Mr White
04-07-2013, 07:35 PM

He left united less than a year ago. He's a talented player who lost his way last season when a move didn't work out. His form for us was poor but in the last 3 games of the league he improved with an assist for a winning goal and he scored one too. There's no reason he can't be an important player this season, united fans I know rated him highly.

Unseen work
04-07-2013, 07:41 PM
I prefer to let him have a decent pre season before i judge him, he played 1 game for Blackpool and scored in that game. Yet Holloway never played him again, and he came to us not playing any football for quite a long time.

He did well at Kilmarnock, and came on at tynecastle and made a big difference and contribution. I think he's starting to get match fit, and for that reason i wont write him off like you.

I would love for him to come good I just personally can't see it, he should of showed more in the 6 months he was here. he still would of been fit at Blackpool and wouldn't of took that long to get match sharpness

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I would love for him to come good I just personally can't see it, he should of showed more in the 6 months he was here. he still would of been fit at Blackpool and wouldn't of took that long to get match sharpness

You get fit by playing games.

Unseen work
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
You get fit by playing games.

No you get match sharpness from playin games. His fitness would of still been good from training etc

blackpoolhibs
04-07-2013, 08:14 PM
No you get match sharpness from playin games. His fitness would of still been good from training etc

Ok Mr pedantic, you get match fit by playing games.

seven nowt
06-07-2013, 09:52 PM

I agree. :thumbsup:

And I also agree that playing games don't get you fit. All those days of training account for that. The harder you work at training, the fitter you get, thus meaning it's more likely to get match time.

LamontHFC©
06-07-2013, 09:57 PM

And I also agree that playing games don't get you fit. All those days of training account for that. The harder you work at training, the fitter you get, thus meaning it's more likely to get match time.

Not true.

Pre season and running will get you in good physical shape, but nothing gets you proper game shape apart from playing games. That's in my opinion, anyway.

marinello59
06-07-2013, 10:04 PM

You can be physically fit without being fully match fit at the upper levels. Only match time sorts that out.

Mr White
06-07-2013, 10:08 PM
You can be physically fit without being fully match fit at the upper levels. Only match time sorts that out.

:agree: although I didn't see fitness as the issue with SR, looked more like a lack of confidence to me.

SquashedFrogg
06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
:agree: although I didn't see fitness as the issue with SR, looked more like a lack of confidence to me.

And when people write him off after 5 minutes of his Hibs career I wonder where the lack of confidence comes from?

I'm convinced too many of our fans suffer from skysports syndrome. Watch man utd/barca on tv then turn up to ER expecting the same performance level. (Experienced that most weeks last season)Similar scenario when it comes to potential transfer targets...

We HAVE to support the players we have and back our managers judgment...

Mr White
07-07-2013, 07:09 AM
And when people write him off after 5 minutes of his Hibs career I wonder where the lack of confidence comes from?

I'm convinced too many of our fans suffer from skysports syndrome. Watch man utd/barca on tv then turn up to ER expecting the same performance level. (Experienced that most weeks last season)Similar scenario when it comes to potential transfer targets...

We HAVE to support the players we have and back our managers judgment...
:agree: reminds me of Paul lamberts description of the biggest difference between playing in Scotland and Germany. If he was off form in Germany a coach would come over and ask if there was anything they could do to help; in Scotland he'd have an angry man screaming in his face telling him he was ****. We're really bad for knocking people when they're down in this country and it never helps.

sesoim
07-07-2013, 09:25 PM

I'm not sure if match fitness makes you give the ball away all the time.

TBF, he must have been a decent player at Dundee Utd - maybe he had better managers/coaches there?

marinello59
07-07-2013, 09:32 PM

TBF, he must have been a decent player at Dundee Utd - maybe he had better managers/coaches there?

Terrific. I didn't think you could top your usual high standards in negativity but managing to slag off the player and insinuate that our coaching staff are gash too is top notch stuff. :thumbsup:

Squealing pig
07-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Think robertson will be a big player for us hes a winner and proved it before

SMAXXA
08-07-2013, 09:02 AM
I have no doubt he will become a key player for us next season and beyond. Some people are far to critical with players judging them over half a dozen games or so, its scandalous IMO, I'm sure I even read a post saying him setting up the goal at Tyne for Ross was a terrible touch etc, absolutely frightening how far some people can go to criticise someone. He didn't have many great games in all honest since he has arrived, he still scored at Kilie and set up the winner at Tyne which is more than some of our other players contributed last season. Give the guy a break, clean slate and lets see how good he can be for us, that goes for all the players. I've been Hanlon's biggest critic but he will get another clean slate from me this season and judge him on how well he does.

mon the cabbage
08-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I have no doubt he will become a key player for us next season and beyond. Some people are far to critical with players judging them over half a dozen games or so, its scandalous IMO, I'm sure I even read a post saying him setting up the goal at Tyne for Ross was a terrible touch etc, absolutely frightening how far some people can go to criticise someone. He didn't have many great games in all honest since he has arrived, he still scored at Kilie and set up the winner at Tyne which is more than some of our other players contributed last season. Give the guy a break, clean slate and lets see how good he can be for us, that goes for all the players. I've been Hanlon's biggest critic but he will get another clean slate from me this season and judge him on how well he does.

So you think I'm wrong to criticise Robertson but you have been criticising Hanlon. Hanlon is a solid defender and is arguably the best defender we have. He is the captain of Scotland U21''s. You have a problem with me criticising Robertson who hasn't played very well for us but you are allowed to criticise a player who has been a lot better.

Squealing pig
08-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Hanlon needs a season out on loan to berwick rangers or some1 like that

Sergio sledge
08-07-2013, 10:24 AM

Robertson hasn't been great so far and there is certainly a lot of room for improvement, here's hoping he can do a Claros and improve this coming season.

However if you think that match fitness has no effect on a players abilities to perform his duties on the pitch then you are wrong. If a player is tired/unfit during a match their decision making, spatial awareness and ability to do simple tasks is diminished, so a lack of match fitness will inevitably lead to players giving the ball away more and making mistakes.

Col2
08-07-2013, 10:24 AM

I think we have the ludicrous post of the summer winner already!

Treadstone
08-07-2013, 10:26 AM
I think we have the ludicrous post of the summer winner already!

User name says it all.

superfurryhibby
08-07-2013, 10:31 AM

Are you Deegansgonnaegetu in disguise? An improvement on the last effort but that's not saying much.

poolman
08-07-2013, 10:38 AM

Pharmaceutical alert

SMAXXA
08-07-2013, 11:07 AM
So you think I'm wrong to criticise Robertson but you have been criticising Hanlon. Hanlon is a solid defender and is arguably the best defender we have. He is the captain of Scotland U21''s. You have a problem with me criticising Robertson who hasn't played very well for us but you are allowed to criticise a player who has been a lot better.

Ive watched Hanlon for how many years in the first team now to form an opinion? Based on a sustained period of time (regardless if my opinion is correct or not). I dont care about U21 captain etc, my opinion is what I see from him with Hibs, aside being argualy our best defender doesnt count for a great deal as we still lost crazy goals last year which he was a part of the blame for as the rest. As I said clean slate this season, see if he change smy view, like Lewis done last season. Your critisising a guy whos been here for 5 minutes FFS, and I bet youve only seen him in a handfull of games, is this enough I ask you? Not for me it isnt. BTW im not defending the guys performances last season, as I said before he didnt do aswell as we hoped, but certyainly not enough to write him off.

mon the cabbage
08-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Ive watched Hanlon for how many years in the first team now to form an opinion? Based on a sustained period of time (regardless if my opinion is correct or not). I dont care about U21 captain etc, my opinion is what I see from him with Hibs, aside being argualy our best defender doesnt count for a great deal as we still lost crazy goals last year which he was a part of the blame for as the rest. As I said clean slate this season, see if he change smy view, like Lewis done last season. Your critisising a guy whos been here for 5 minutes FFS, and I bet youve only seen him in a handfull of games, is this enough I ask you? Not for me it isnt. BTW im not defending the guys performances last season, as I said before he didnt do aswell as we hoped, but certyainly not enough to write him off.

If you're not defending his performances from last season you must be going by what he has done at Dundee united? Surely if you are only going by his games for hibs you wouldn't think he is going to be that good.

Hanlon has been a lot better than Robertson. Hanlon has made mistakes and because he plays at centre back it causes goals. Robertson makes a lot more mistakes but because he plays centre mid it isn't as costly.

SMAXXA
08-07-2013, 12:06 PM
If you're not defending his performances from last season you must be going by what he has done at Dundee united? Surely if you are only going by his games for hibs you wouldn't think he is going to be that good.

Hanlon has been a lot better than Robertson. Hanlon has made mistakes and because he plays at centre back it causes goals. Robertson makes a lot more mistakes but because he plays centre mid it isn't as costly.

But I can see the bigger picture and wont judge him just one his handful of performances since moving to us last season. Remember we were changing our formation and personnel and its not like he came in and played every week in the same team in the same position etc. There's a lot more to take into consideration for me and the fact he has got a proven history showing what he can do is again something I can take comfort from that he will come good next season and beyond. You didn't answer my question, do you think the limited appearances we saw him last season is sufficient enough to really judge how successful he will be for us?

Fergus52
08-07-2013, 12:08 PM
wow.

gorgie greens
08-07-2013, 12:35 PM
wow.

Based on what? We're not in a position to let OUR better players go on loan

mon the cabbage
08-07-2013, 01:28 PM
But I can see the bigger picture and wont judge him just one his handful of performances since moving to us last season. Remember we were changing our formation and personnel and its not like he came in and played every week in the same team in the same position etc. There's a lot more to take into consideration for me and the fact he has got a proven history showing what he can do is again something I can take comfort from that he will come good next season and beyond. You didn't answer my question, do you think the limited appearances we saw him last season is sufficient enough to really judge how successful he will be for us?

You're contradicting yourself a bit here. You said you don't care about U21's captain when it was about Hanlon and that you judge players with what you see at Hibs but with Robertson you are talking about what he has done in the past.

To answer you're question, we can't know for sure how successful he'll but normally a good player would have shown more of their talent in a spell of six months. If he had performed well we would have got to see more of him but he never, that is why he was dropped for while. Like I have said we will have to wait and see.

Stevie Reid
08-07-2013, 02:08 PM
You're contradicting yourself a bit here. You said you don't care about U21's captain when it was about Hanlon and that you judge players with what you see at Hibs but with Robertson you are talking about what he has done in the past.

To answer you're question, we can't know for sure how successful he'll but normally a good player would have shown more of their talent in a spell of six months. If he had performed well we would have got to see more of him but he never, that is why he was dropped for while. Like I have said we will have to wait and see.

Just to be clear, Robertson signed for us at the end of January, and our season ended at the end of May, four months later - in that time he has made 10 starts, and 5 substitute appearances, and has one assist and one goal. When he arrived he had played one game for Blackpool since he signed for them in July 2012, and Pat made the rather bizarre decision to throw him right into the team, and it backfired.

In some games he was ok, in one game he was awful, and in most he was fairly anonymous. Had we lost the semi final to Falkirk, I very much doubt he would ever have featured again for Hibs, but we didn't, and Fenlon cleverly eased him back in towards the end of the season, when he made his most meaningful contributions. It could go either way from here, but he has been a standout performer in a top 6 SPL team for much of his career, and I am hopeful that he will show why in the coming season.

It is far, far too early to write him off, and I'm not sure why you've gone to such lengths to state that you don't think it will happen for him here.

Stevie Reid
08-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Just to be clear, Robertson signed for us at the end of January, and our season ended at the end of May, four months later - in that time he has made 10 starts, and 5 substitute appearances, and has one assist and one goal. When he arrived he had played one game for Blackpool since he signed for them in July 2012, and Pat made the rather bizarre decision to throw him right into the team, and it backfired.

In some games he was ok, in one game he was awful, and in most he was fairly anonymous. Had we lost the semi final to Falkirk, I very much doubt he would ever have featured again for Hibs, but we didn't, and Fenlon cleverly eased him back in towards the end of the season. It could go either way from here, but he has been a standout performer in a top 6 SPL team for much of his career, and I am hopeful that he will show why in the coming season.

It is far, far too early to write him off, and I'm not sure why you've gone to such lengths to state that you don't think it will happen for him here.

FWIW, his record in those 15 games: -

P 15 W 7 D 3 L 5

Liams
08-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Tbh we should only judge him next season.. I mean claros was terrible for his 6months then after summer he was a whole new player, now obv claros had to getto terms with pace of the spl and with a language barrier but stilll give i
Him a fulll preseason and then judge

Franck Stanton
08-07-2013, 02:41 PM

In some games he was ok, in one game he was awful, and in most he was fairly anonymous. Had we lost the semi final to Falkirk, I very much doubt he would ever have featured again for Hibs, but we didn't, and Fenlon cleverly eased him back in towards the end of the season, when he made his most meaningful contributions. It could go either way from here, but he has been a standout performer in a top 6 SPL team for much of his career, and I am hopeful that he will show why in the coming season.

Good post, sums up the situation with Robertson. Think we need to give him this pre-season and 'till January at least to see what he offers to us. He was a stand-out whilst at Dundee Unt and you just don't lose the skill, perhaps it was lack of games/unfit/injury he was suffering from when he first came. Lets judge him on this season, personally I think that , given the chance will be a big player for us this season.

Jonnyboy
08-07-2013, 06:44 PM

I see it's only your username that's changed :wink:

3pm
08-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Dinnae worry John, if he's that daft he'll never be able to spell that name of his and should never be able to log in again.

Jonnyboy
08-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Dinnae worry John, if he's that daft he'll never be able to spell that name of his and should never be able to log in again.

:greengrin (dinnae hud yer breath!)

Squealing pig
08-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I see it's only your username that's changed :wink:

Had a few bites there lol, sooner we realise hanlon is murder the better, wouldnt want him injured but hopefully a suspension will get him out the team and keep him there, jordan forster showed more potential in a few games than ph has done in years, if pat cant see this im losing faith

Squealing pig
08-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Pharmaceutical alert

Hope u made the chemist , ur phone reminders must be set to public

cabbageandribs1875
09-07-2013, 12:15 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/5003971/Ill-show-the-Hibs-fans-Im-not-a-dud.html

SCOTT ROBERTSON has opened up on his torment at Hibs.

“I want to properly show the Hibs fans what kind of player I am, because I haven’t been able to do that so far.

3pm
09-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Same article in the Metro.

Very honest.

Jonnyboy
09-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Confidence is key :agree:

rcarter1
10-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Tbh we should only judge him next season.. I mean claros was terrible for his 6months then after summer he was a whole new player, now obv claros had to getto terms with pace of the spl and with a language barrier but stilll give i
Him a fulll preseason and then judge

Agree that a preseason can do wonders (or the opposite) to a player. Scott sounds determined from the sounds of it. If he does come good it will feel like another signing, particularly if he can provide an attacking outlet.

Go Scott! :flag: