PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Lyle Taylor

Pages : [1] 2 3

S.sct
13-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Not sure if there's any truth that we are interested in him but he was impressive today. Looked strong and mobile and caused problems for us particularly in the 1st half. Would certainly welcome him at ER.

Onceinawhile
13-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Not sure if there's any truth that we are interested in him but he was impressive today. Looked strong and mobile and caused problems for us particularly in the 1st half. Would certainly welcome him at ER.

His link up play was good, but he had 2 or 3 chances to score and didn't take them. He could /should have had at least two goals.

FromTheCapital
13-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Heard a few rumours linking him to us. Must be doing something right in scoring 27 goals so far this season and caused us a few problems today... If we could keep Leigh and have Taylor alongside him then that would be a very decent partnership imo :agree:

S.sct
13-04-2013, 08:00 PM
His link up play was good, but he had 2 or 3 chances to score and didn't take them. He could /should have had at least two goals.
Take your point but the link up part and bringing players into the game is exactly what we need. Think he is only 22 so plenty to come from him.

Speedway
13-04-2013, 08:04 PM
They're roasting him over on the falkirk forum with stuff like, disinterested, poor finishing, cost us the game, poor body language, Billy Big Time etc etc.

neil7908
13-04-2013, 08:44 PM
His finishing wasnt great today but his overal contribution to the team in terms of 2 assists and his general play was excellent. Very fast for a big guy, dragged our defence all over the place and having scored 27 goals already this season he must have a decent eye for goal.

Would like him at ER on the basis of todays performance.

DH1875
13-04-2013, 08:54 PM
They're roasting him over on the falkirk forum with stuff like, disinterested, poor finishing, cost us the game, poor body language, Billy Big Time etc etc.

Unfair if you ask me. Looks OK to me.

Sir David Gray
13-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Looked good in the first half, should have put them 4-0 up before half time with a great chance, which would have probably finished the match.

Less of a threat in the second half and in extra time but he looked as though he was maybe carrying a bit of an injury or just tired.

He's a poor man's Leigh Griffiths but he certainly has potential.

Eyrie
13-04-2013, 09:41 PM

Well if they don't want him then I suppose we'll just have to take him off their hands ....

sleeping giant
13-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Love the look of this guy. Been telling my Dad and boy all day that i hope we sign him. 19years old i believe.
Looked excellent and very intelligent player.

Be really chuffed to get him.

hibeequinn
13-04-2013, 09:56 PM
taylor,fulton and alston have been a standout for falkirk this season easily replace robertson or cairney for alston and doyles leaving so shove taylor upfront and sign griffiths.

West hamBERNIAN
13-04-2013, 10:08 PM
i liked the look of a few of there players, although it is possible we made them look better than they are. not like there setting the 1st division alight. don,t think you could fault his finishing, always on target and williams did well to save the last effort. wish scott robertson could finish like this lad. that miss was dog sh@t. Heres hoping he comes back to haunt the arabs in the final:wink::wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Sunday mail saying were in for him, holt saying we wont get him on the cheap. "Hibs wont get Lyle on the cheap" is the title.

SteveHFC
05-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Link?

hugo boss
05-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Link? buy the paper.....

Dashing Bob S
05-05-2013, 02:45 PM
The Sunday Mail could be right. We could be in. But there is the possibility that it won't be cheap. Money-strapped Falkirk must be looking forward to cash bonanza that free-spending Hibs will throw their way.

lucky
05-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Falkirk manager wants £300k for him. There is no way any club in Scotland outwith Celtic will pay a transfer fee in the summer.

1875Hibees
05-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Falkirk manager wants £300k for him. There is no way any club in Scotland outwith Celtic will pay a transfer fee in the summer.Certinaly not one that big for a player like him. Decent player but not worth that much.

Hibbyradge
05-05-2013, 03:22 PM
I've recently been told our interest has cooled as Falkirk want much more than we can afford.

Andy74
05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
I've recently been told our interest has cooled as Falkirk want much more than we can afford.

Or more than he's worth might be another way to put it. I'd be surprised if many teams pay any sort of fees for anyone other than Celtic.

ahibby
05-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Or more than he's worth might be another way to put it. I'd be surprised if many teams pay any sort of fees for anyone other than Celtic.

Agreed and anyway he hasn't proved himself at a higher level than first division. Falkirk could be left with a player who although sharp is no more than average and one who is de moralised at not being allowed to move on and up.

blackpoolhibs
05-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I have only seen snippets of him, and of course the semi final. He looked decent, held the ball up well and brought others into the game.

He did miss a couple of quite easy chances, but if the price was right he did look a player that would enhance our squad/team.

£300k has been mentioned, if true thats too much. Just for the amount of goals he has scored, he must be worth a punt, but £100k would be my valuation. I'm not sure we'd spend that, and we might not even be interested in him.

HibeeMG
05-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I'd much rather we got Stevie May from St Johnstone (on loan at Hamilton this season). Holds the ball up better than Lyle Taylor and obviously has an eye for goal given his record this season.

neil7908
05-05-2013, 05:03 PM
I have only seen him play in the semi-final but although he lacked the scoring touch, his overall link up play was good and I think he created 2 of the 3 Falkirk goals plus giving our defence the run around for the whole 90 minutes.

In the right circumstances I would like to see him at ER but obviously we wont be paying 300k for him. Priority should obviously be doing everything we can to keep Leigh.

Not sure how long Taylor has on his contract or what his thoughts are about staying on at Falkirk but there are lots of factors outwith the clubs valuation that could have an impact on any transfer dealings.

Whatever happens though (even if by a miracle we keep Griffith) we need to add 2-3 forwards in the summer so I think we just wont have the budget for any signing that demands a transfer fee. No massive shame in that as there will be players available for nothing this summer who can enhance our team.

Stevie Reid
05-05-2013, 05:08 PM
The Falkirk board will decide how much they accept for Lyle Taylor, not Gary Holt.

neilmartinrocks
05-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I'd much rather we got Stevie May from St Johnstone (on loan at Hamilton this season). Holds the ball up better than Lyle Taylor and obviously has an eye for goal given his record this season.

Dinnae think Stevie May has long tae go on hes Saints contract if I mind right he signed a 1 year extension last year to take him up to late 2013.
Guid player and getting better seeminly.

God Petrie
05-05-2013, 05:15 PM
We could probably get griffiths for £300k. Falkirk can bolt.

Kato
05-05-2013, 05:19 PM
buy the paper.....

HaHaha - good one.

TomoHFC
05-05-2013, 05:20 PM
would love to have him in the team but we all no that petrie won't splash the cash

Kato
05-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Falkirk manager wants £300k for him. There is no way any club in Scotland outwith Celtic will pay a transfer fee in the summer.

What with only having a "modest increase" in their debt, Hearts will surely be able to squander that amount on him to stop us getting him.

.Sean.
05-05-2013, 05:26 PM
I thought he was out of contract in the summer?

frazeHFC
05-05-2013, 06:08 PM

I thought that too but just seen this (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/falkirk-hitman-lyle-taylor-looking-1816485) saying he has another year.

Billychaotic182
05-05-2013, 06:10 PM

I heard this also! I we were to go for any Falkirk players Duffie would be my number one pick!

SMAXXA
05-05-2013, 06:12 PM
would love to have him in the team but we all no that petrie won't splash the cash

And neither should he

HibeeBigFly
05-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I heard this also! I we were to go for any Falkirk players Duffie would be my number one pick!

It's a shame yogi still isn't in charge because I would take Alston and Sibbald too!

SMAXXA
05-05-2013, 06:19 PM
]It's a shame yogi still isn't in charge [/B]because I would take Alston and Sibbald too!

Why would that make a blind bit of difference?

Billychaotic182
05-05-2013, 06:20 PM
It's a shame yogi still isn't in charge because I would take Alston and Sibbald too!

Jay Fulton is a cracking player too

Hank Schrader
05-05-2013, 06:40 PM
buy the paper.....

Having had the misfortune of seeing the front page of today's Sunday Mail I would rather itch my sack with a rusty cheese grater than buy that pitiful rag.:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Personally though Sibbald the standout and also Taylor thought Duffie looked well short of pace and Boozy was ripping him from half time onwards.

Hank Schrader
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM

I worked beside a Falkirk fan and he raved about how good some of their youngsters are. I've been impressed with what I've seen of them.

greenlex
05-05-2013, 06:45 PM

How ugly is he? The genes don't bode we'll.

s.a.m
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
He's just won Div 1 PFA Player of the Year

Pete
06-05-2013, 03:43 AM
I'd prefer it we all left Falkirk alone and let players like Alston, Taylor, Sibbald and Fulton get on with developing their game at a level where there is no pressure. If they are good enough they will come up to the SPL with Falkirk.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer these young teams to be left to develop without being broken up by vultures. The Scottish game is fragile enough and the day the fans of teams like Falkirk give up the ghost is the day the game dies.

There are only so many body-blows people can take before the collective mentality of supporting Man U or Barcelona kicks in. Every year more and more youngsters who should be supporting Falkirk are fawning over TV teams they have nothing to do with and coming to the conclusion that Scottish football is rubbish. Something should be done to protect young, up and coming teams and clubs with a vision. It's their only hope of remaining slightly competitive and attractive to the youngsters who also have foreign leagues at the touch of a button.

Remember how infuriated we were by the vultures circling around our golden generation team the minute they looked half-decent?

SaulGoodman
02-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Lyle Taylor seems a right stuck up fud on twitter..

Decent striker though :wink:

NOLA
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
"@lyletaylor29: People might as well stop asking me the same question 50 times a day... I'm not gonna answer... Either way. #LeaveItYeah"
sounds a bit nippy to me #boltyabam

bigwheel
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM

He's just not used to a club with a decent fan base ! #manycontacts. :)

bingo70
02-07-2013, 09:27 PM

It would be annoying though. Are you signing yet? Are you signing yet? Are you signing yet? Are you signing yet? Are you signing yet?

Also not sure we should be too judgemental about his Twitter behaviour, he's got a bit to go yet till he's as nippy as Griffiths

Kato
02-07-2013, 10:07 PM
"@lyletaylor29: People might as well stop asking me the same question 50 times a day... I'm not gonna answer... Either way. #LeaveItYeah"

That's a yes.

Hibby cal
02-07-2013, 11:29 PM
I had one of the Falkirk players dads (from semi final) in my taxi
last week, I spoke about hibs maybe making a move for Taylor and his
reply after watching Falkirk play last season was :and I quote
' Taylor already thinks he's made it in todays game,he's quite lazy when it
comes to trainning and he thinks he's billy big time already'

Heedersnvolleys
03-07-2013, 07:46 AM
I had one of the Falkirk players dads (from semi final) in my taxi
last week, I spoke about hibs maybe making a move for Taylor and his
reply after watching Falkirk play last season was :and I quote
' Taylor already thinks he's made it in todays game,he's quite lazy when it
comes to trainning and he thinks he's billy big time already'

Heard similar from 2 Falkirk ST holders. I hope we miss out on him to be honest, definitely not worth £100k for someone who has slightly more experience than the 2 young guys we have got. I would hope we would be going for someone with more experience. The semi is definitely not a guide to Taylor's week to week form, we have to remember he missed all those chances :wink:

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Heard similar from 2 Falkirk ST holders. I hope we miss out on him to be honest, definitely not worth £100k for someone who has slightly more experience than the 2 young guys we have got. I would hope we would be going for someone with more experience. The semi is definitely not a guide to Taylor's week to week form, we have to remember he missed all those chances :wink:

I think hes got considerably more experience than the 2 young guys we have, played down south, regular in the first division scoring goals, Scottish cup semi final etc, Caldwell and Handling have no where near the experience he has, albeit still at a young age.

AlbertK86
03-07-2013, 07:58 AM

The boy scored plenty goals last season .... Yep was in first div but that was only place Leigh had scored before he came to us

IF he signs lets get right behind him

Same with KT ... Could be a massive influence if says uninsured and gets his match fitness up to scratch

weehibee19
03-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Pat's Interview on Hibernian TV. Guess we're going for someone/others rather than Lyle Taylor:dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I3Vz6vmUDw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

Hermit Crab
03-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Pat's Interview on Hibernian TV. Guess we're going for someone/others rather than Lyle Taylor:dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I3Vz6vmUDw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

Reading between the lines it appears that interest in doing a deal for Taylor is dead.

Billy Whizz
03-07-2013, 10:12 AM

Looks like we were in for him, but Pats decided to move on, or is playing a game

JimBHibees
03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Looks like we were in for him, but Pats decided to move on, or is playing a game

More than likely IMO.

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 10:27 AM

:agree:

Heedersnvolleys
03-07-2013, 10:57 AM
I think hes got considerably more experience than the 2 young guys we have, played down south, regular in the first division scoring goals, Scottish cup semi final etc, Caldwell and Handling have no where near the experience he has, albeit still at a young age.

I hear what your saying but does he have £100k and a higher wage more experience ? Our 2 have cup final experience and limited SPL experience. Money is tight don't you know we are next to go under ;-)

YehButNoBut
03-07-2013, 11:03 AM
BBC article saying we are not preparing a 2nd bid for Taylor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23160538

Manager Pat Fenlon says Hibernian are not preparing an improved bid for Lyle Taylor after Falkirk rejected an approach for the striker.

The 23-year-old Englishman scored 29 goals for the Bairns last season and has a year remaining on his contract.

"We made our interest known to Falkirk and they have declined that," said Fenlon in a Hibernian TV interview.

"It hasn't gone any further than that. That's where we've left it and we're not pursuing it any more."

silverhibee
03-07-2013, 11:10 AM

Manager Pat Fenlon says Hibernian are not preparing an improved bid for Lyle Taylor after Falkirk rejected an approach for the striker.

The 23-year-old Englishman scored 29 goals for the Bairns last season and has a year remaining on his contract.

"We made our interest known to Falkirk and they have declined that," said Fenlon in a Hibernian TV interview.

"It hasn't gone any further than that. That's where we've left it and we're not pursuing it any more."

He must be getting close to the bottom of his list by now. :greengrin

Every player we have been linked to have joined other SPL teams apart from Killen.

Heisenberg
03-07-2013, 11:21 AM

So it looks like Griffiths was number 1 priority. Didnt happen. Taylor next. Looks like it could be out the window for now.

Wonder who's third on the list?

silverhibee
03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
So it looks like Griffiths was number 1 priority. Didnt happen. Taylor next. Looks like it could be out the window for now.

Big Gaz. :dunno: :greengrin

Barman Stanton
03-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Frustrating. We never seem to get our first targets.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Michael Ngoo.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-07-2013, 11:26 AM

It wasn't for the lack of trying x

Heisenberg
Big Gaz. :dunno: :greengrin

Nah, surely Deeks :wink: :greengrin

Andy74

Never?

IanM
03-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Griffiths could still be number 1 priority and that's why we're not pursuing :greengrin

TheFamous1875
03-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Griffiths could still be number 1 priority and that's why we're not pursuing :greengrin

Someone mentioned on here that they read Rod say the deal wasn't dead. Anyone know anything about this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM

Ye have no faith, bide your time buddy the transfer window isn't closed yet :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Someone mentioned on here that they read Rod say the deal wasn't dead. Anyone know anything about this?

"They read Rod say"?

Barman Stanton
03-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Never?

I can't think of many times we have certainly.

Barman Stanton
03-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Ye have no faith, bide your time buddy the transfer window isn't closed yet :wink:

Plenty time I know, and i have no doubt players will come in. Just a shame if they are not Pats first or even second choices. Kuqi and Dome spring to mind.

Hibtastic
03-07-2013, 11:50 AM
I can't think of many times we have certainly.

Do you know who Pat's first targets are??

You never know, perhaps somebody Pat considers to be better than Lyle Taylor has become available.

GGTTH :greengrin:pfgwa

silverhibee
03-07-2013, 11:51 AM
It wasn't for the lack of trying x

Rod will do the right thing and drag things out to the last minute before the transfer window slams shut.

And you know what that means.:greengrin

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150268386191707

And one for you to get you in the mood.

http://i2.listal.com/image/2526333/600full-natalie-sawyer.jpg

:thumbsup:

jonny
03-07-2013, 11:54 AM

That cheeky wee wink would suggest you know something that most of us don't. Are you going to put us out our misery or just keep being a tease :I'm waiti

Barman Stanton
03-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Do you know who Pat's first targets are??

You never know, perhaps somebody Pat considers to be better than Lyle Taylor has become available.

GGTTH :greengrin:pfgwa

You may be right. But the fact that we had bids turned down for Griffiths and Taylor point me towards those two.

hibsmad
03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Never?

Very rarely I would think.

Although that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I would think that most clubs, if showing any sort of ambition, would fail a high percentage of the time with their first targets.

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 12:03 PM
That cheeky wee wink would suggest you know something that most of us don't. Are you going to put us out our misery or just keep being a tease :I'm waiti

:na na: I don't think we have heard the last of the LG saga and I believe we will return with a final bid for Taylor. Re folk saying we don't get our first targets, isn't it refreshing that at least we are attempting to get these players most would want rather than looking at others who are less favourable?

IWasThere2016
03-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Rod will do the right thing and drag things out to the last minute before the transfer window slams shut.

I see two to get me in the mood :greengrin

Andy74
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Very rarely I would think.

Although that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I would think that most clubs, if showing any sort of ambition, would fail a high percentage of the time with their first targets.

How about the 3 from this year before training had started?

Pedantic_Hibee
03-07-2013, 12:13 PM

I would drag my Mark McGraws through ten miles of broken glass and dip them into a scalding hot pot of olive oil just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie.

GraniteCityHibs
03-07-2013, 12:18 PM
I would drag my Mark McGraws through ten miles of broken glass and dip them into a scalding hot pot of olive oil just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie.

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

carnoustiehibee
03-07-2013, 12:34 PM

Hahaha. Love it

Love the Green
03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
:na na: I don't think we have heard the last of the LG saga and I believe we will return with a final bid for Taylor. Re folk saying we don't get our first targets, isn't it refreshing that at least we are attempting to get these players most would want rather than looking at others who are less favourable?

Yes but probably anoth half hearted attempt with a joke of an offer that we already knew would not be accepted..recently we have seldom if ever captured our main signings and end up with *****..at a time when the dogs are in the gutter and the huns are struggling we have a chance to spend a little cash and ensure a high league psition and give the fans sometrhing back for recent support through tough times and very poor teams and what do we do NOTHING in the strikler department.
What does it take for fenlon and petrie to realise what we could achieve this eason by spendin a few ££££ obody is asking them to bankrupt the club but surely we should be able to compete with Dundee utd for the like of Goodwillie and offer falkirk enough to get the lad taylor who if successful would recoup any costs when transferred.
Its unattached strikers he should have in Spain not midfielders

"keep the faith"
:flag:

Craig_in_Prague
03-07-2013, 12:40 PM

Done worse.

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes but probably anoth half hearted attempt with a joke of an offer that we already knew would not be accepted..recently we have seldom if ever captured our main signings and end up with *****..at a time when the dogs are in the gutter and the huns are struggling we have a chance to spend a little cash and ensure a high league psition and give the fans sometrhing back for recent support through tough times and very poor teams and what do we do NOTHING in the strikler department.
What does it take for fenlon and petrie to realise what we could achieve this eason by spendin a few ££££ obody is asking them to bankrupt the club but surely we should be able to compete with Dundee utd for the like of Goodwillie and offer falkirk enough to get the lad taylor who if successful would recoup any costs when transferred.

"keep the faith"

Craig, Tudor-Jones, McPake, Grifiths (2 season loan) to name but a few first choice targets we have signed. As for Goodwillie, who said we wanted him, I haven't seen anything or been told anything that we ever were and clubs have a value of players which they believe to be relevant, just because the selling club don't agree with that it doesn't mean we have to go pay what they are asking just cause we want him.

SMAXXA
03-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Done worse.

Naaaa no me :greengrin

edinburghhibee
03-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Hahahahaha that is brilliant!!!! Your a bad man!

Lucius Apuleius
03-07-2013, 01:10 PM

"keep the faith"

Its negotiations. NO matter what your fist offer it is going to be refused. Start low and chance your luck.

Love the Green
03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Craig, Tudor-Jones, McPake, Grifiths (2 season loan) to name but a few first choice targets we have signed. As for Goodwillie, who said we wanted him, I haven't seen anything or been told anything that we ever were and clubs have a value of players which they believe to be relevant, just because the selling club don't agree with that it doesn't mean we have to go pay what they are asking just cause we want him.

Not too many strikers there which is the position we are desperate to fill.....other than LG of course who I do believe was our first choice target this season....and as you will be well aware is not as yet been signed. 2 weeks away from a sorie into europe and not 1 experienced striker fit and on the books even you cant believe that is a good situation to be in..Even if we sign someone we will get the ususal hibs angle not match fit yet...thats cause we aint flippin dealt with the signings in a proffessional big club manner.

"keep the faith":agree:

Bob Box Fish
03-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Right boob slightly bigger than the left. Petrie penny pinching again?

hibbypostie
03-07-2013, 01:37 PM

"keep the faith"

Weird choice of ending "keep the faith" while your post shows absolutely no faith in our club

Brightside
03-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Weird choice of ending "keep the faith" while your post shows absolutely no faith in our club

Its really weird being negative at this time of the season. Its not like we are hearts ffs. Cmon boys - its going to be a great season. :pfgwa

basehibby
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM

To be Fair to LTG it's a bit Deja Vu isn't it?!?

Petrie is well known for being tight as a gnat's chuf and this undoubtably has it's upside (being nothing like the bankrupt-cake-baking window lickers along the road mainly) but the downside is that there are times when football seems to come a distinct second to maintaining a healthy set of accounts.

Previous examples of this include selling GOC just before THAT cup SF and going into previous early European fixtures with something like a reserve team. There appears to be absolutely no appetite at ER for pushing the boat out a wee bit in the hope of European advancement - and I can assure you that LTG is not the ony one feeling a tad frustrated about it.

Love the Green
03-07-2013, 02:34 PM

Supported them all my life brought my daughter up to support them, season tickets for me my dad and daughter for over 20 years.......merchnadise bought that could fill a shop myself, away trips most weekends european trips.. thats what I call "keeping the faith"

The fact I am a LITTLE worried at lack of striker signings is I am sure shared with 80% of the support.
Are you happy with this situation?

Think I have earned the use of "kep the faith"

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Supported them all my life brought my daughter up to support them, season tickets for me my dad and daughter for over 20 years.......merchnadise bought that could fill a shop myself, away trips most weekends european trips.. thats what I call "keeping the faith"

The fact I am a LITTLE worried at lack of striker signings is I am sure shared with 80% of the support.
Are you happy with this situation?

Think I have earned the use of "kep the faith"

I'm not in the slightest worried on that, we will sign a forward or two. I also don't think 80% of Hibs fans are worried about this either, most sensible ones will know we wont go into next season with what we have now.

Dibben
03-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm not in the slightest worried on that, we will sign a forward or two. I also don't think 80% of Hibs fans are worried about this either, most sensible ones will know we wont go into next season with what we have now.

Agree 100%

Would much rather we sign the right striker(s) in due course, as opposed to signing any old striker(s) now!

hibsmad
03-07-2013, 03:33 PM
How about the 3 from this year before training had started?

I think we may be talking about different things here.

I am referring to our main targets, but if the topic is first signings then I suppose you are right. However, going by that logic, that would mean that the young laddies we brought in last week were more of a priority than the strikers we are still chasing.

Our main target this season is Griffiths and at the moment we don't have him.

All I am trying to say is that if during a transfer window we consistently captured our main targets early then we would be doing one of two things:

1. Not aiming high enough, or

2. Spending more than we can afford.

I am not having a go at the club over their policy, I am trying to defend it.

Love the Green
03-07-2013, 03:35 PM

OK sorry for not being sensible BH
We may sign someone but of what quality..but you always seem to know best...

less than 2 weeks for a striker to gel with the lads Feel good about it all now
Thanx for the reassurance

"keep the faith"

Vault Boy
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM

"keep the faith"

The transfer window has been open for all of 3 days and we have only signed 4 senior players. :boo hoo:

GordonHFC
03-07-2013, 03:46 PM
The transfer window has been open for all of 3 days and we have only signed 4 senior players. :boo hoo:

Yeh. Its a bloody disgrace. Theres only 59 days left so RP better get his finger out !!!!!

blackpoolhibs
03-07-2013, 03:47 PM

"keep the faith"

No problem on the not being sensible thing.

As for knowing best, i don't think i do but i'm glad you seem to think so.

And 2 weeks for a striker to gel with the lads, why would this be?

Glad you feel better. :wink:

Andy74
03-07-2013, 03:56 PM
I think we may be talking about different things here.

I am referring to our main targets, but if the topic is first signings then I suppose you are right. However, going by that logic, that would mean that the young laddies we brought in last week were more of a priority than the strikers we are still chasing.

Our main target this season is Griffiths and at the moment we don't have him.

All I am trying to say is that if during a transfer window we consistently captured our main targets early then we would be doing one of two things:

1. Not aiming high enough, or

2. Spending more than we can afford.

I am not having a go at the club over their policy, I am trying to defend it.

We can't really have it all ways. If we can't count the ones we identified and got in as first choices and main targets then order evidentyl doesn't count for anyhting. So, if we sign a main target on deadline day that'lll be just fine.

And I realise you are trying to defend us here but many are not!

Mike_C
03-07-2013, 08:34 PM

Think you'll find it's the other way round!! Get it right man!!

Ray_
03-07-2013, 08:39 PM

"keep the faith"

Nae Bother, we signed Johnny Graham in the afternoon from Falkirk and he got two against Airdrie that evening and don't let me mention Joe McBride and his eight goals in a week, just after signing,

opps, too late.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-07-2013, 08:42 PM

Patient: Doctor I'm worried one breast is bigger that the other - is there anything you can do?
Doctor: Well I could weigh them...
Patient: Cups hands around them and shout "waaaaaaaay"! ;)

Iggy Pope
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Nae Bother, we signed Johnny Graham in the afternoon from Falkirk and he got two against Airdrie that evening and don't let me mention Joe McBride and his eight goals in a week, just after signing,

opps, too late.

:greengrin
Cannot argue about Joe McBride, but is Johnny Graham really a good example of a last minute signing? I only remember him having a good face for a footballer card.

eastterrace
03-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Cannot argue about Joe McBride, but is Johnny Graham really a good example of a last minute signing? I only remember him having a good face for a footballer card.

hark the herald angels sing glory to the new born king====johnny johhny graham na na na na na na ah those were the days:wink:

Iggy Pope
03-07-2013, 08:53 PM
hark the herald angels sing glory to the new born king====johnny johhny graham na na na na na na ah those were the days:wink:

Agreed.
Thankfully it only took a wee while to replace the like with the magician in your avatar!
:wink:

eastterrace
03-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Agreed.
Thankfully it only took a wee while to replace the like with the magician in your avatar!

one off the greatest players to never be capped total disgrace when guys like brian mcclair and tom boyd get capped ( just a few examples nothing against them personally)

Ray_
03-07-2013, 09:00 PM

He wasn't that bad, especially at first :wink: I remember him getting picked for a Scottish League Select Side, along with John Blackley and Arthur Duncan.

I'm struggling to remember who it was against, but it may have been the 2-2 draw against England at Hampden. John Blackley was terrific in that game and it was significant as his opposite number in the England team was Colin Todd, who had just joined Cloughie's Derby from Sunderland for 175k. It was Sloop who everybody was raving about after the game, I used to enjoy those matches, actually, it might have been an under 23 game and they were equally as good.

My memory's finally gave up, I'll be on the horlicks next!

Ray_
03-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Agreed.

We lost another magician to Ayr with Johnny Graham, Eric Stevenson, now there was a player, but what a difference to the balance getting Mickey in, we had been playing Arthur Duncan on the right, with ES on the left and we know how wild Arthur could be with his left peg, his right was even worse:greengrin

Iggy Pope
03-07-2013, 09:12 PM
He wasn't that bad, especially at first :wink: I remember him getting picked for a Scottish League Select Side, along with John Blackley and Arthur Duncan.

I'm struggling to remember who it was against, but it may have been the 2-2 draw against England at Hampden. John Blackley was terrific in that game and it was significant as his opposite number in the England team was Colin Todd, who had just joined Cloughie's Derby from Sunderland for 175k. It was Sloop who everybody was raving about after the game, I used to enjoy those matches, actually, it might have been an under 23 game and they were equally as good.

My memory's finally gave up, I'll be on the horlicks next!

Sloop was at his best for Scotland (in my memory) in the pre 74 WC game at Hampden v England. 2-0 I think. I cannot recall that Scottish League game, but don't want to doubt you or hijack the thread with such talk of absolute footballing perfection. What a ****ing side to grow up with.......:thumbsup:

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
03-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Think you'll find it's the other way round!! Get it right man!!

...a boobie newbie! :na na:

Iggy Pope
03-07-2013, 09:20 PM
one off the greatest players to never be capped total disgrace when guys like brian mcclair and tom boyd get capped ( just a few examples nothing against them personally)

Take all 11 Tornadoes and the lack of caps is criminal.

We lost another magician to Ayr with Johnny Graham, Eric Stevenson, now there was a player, but what a difference to the balance getting Mickey in, we had been playing Arthur Duncan on the right, with ES on the left and we know how wild Arthur could be with his left peg, his right was even worse:greengrin

I would take Arthur right now with nae legs. What a servant. Across maybe two generations as well!

Lyle Taylor should sign now before we forget about him total.

NOLA
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Patient: Doctor I'm worried one breast is bigger that the other - is there anything you can do?
Doctor: Well I could weigh them...
Patient: Cups hands around them and shout "waaaaaaaay"! ;)
not heard that in donkeys :greengrin old ones the best

Dibben
04-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Twitter suggesting Lyle Taylor to Peterborough...

Hibbyradge
04-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Lyle Taylor ‏@lyletaylor29

Woken up in a sh** mood! Fed up and frustrated! #HeadLoss

:hmmm:

Heisenberg
04-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Falkirk Herald claiming we are out of the running for Taylor after we had our 100k bid knocked out of the park. Also says two English clubs have had bids rejected as they were way too low. We're clearly wanting to spend a transfer fee this summer it seems, be interesting to see who we get linked to next.

Stevie Reid
04-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Falkirk Herald claiming we are out of the running for Taylor after we had our 100k bid knocked out of the park. Also says two English clubs have had bids rejected as they were way too low. We're clearly wanting to spend a transfer fee this summer it seems, be interesting to see who we get linked to next.

Story below - he's not worth more than £100K, IMO: -

by Chris McCall
sport@falkirkherald.co.uk

Lyle Taylor remains a Falkirk player this week after the Bairns board rejected three transfer bids from clubs north and south of the border.
The striker has become one of the most in-demand players in British football after scoring 24 goals in 31 games last season and being named the First Division player of the year.

Hibernian became the first club to try and tempt the Englishman away from Westfield when they tabled a £100,000 bid earlier this week, only for it to be flatly turned down by the Falkirk board of directors.

Heraldsport understands that the Bairns are holding out for a fee believed to be in the region of £200,000-£250,000 and will refuse to settle for anything less.
Hibs are now out of the running after they told Falkirk they would not be increasing their bid.

Two mystery clubs – including at least one from England – have since tabled their own bids for the 23-year-old, only for those to be both rejected for falling way below Falkirk’s valuation.

Taylor has a year remaining on his contract and is understood to be fully committed to playing for Falkirk if the club rejects all bids for him.

The striker has already found the net this season when he was twice on the scoresheet in last weekend’s closed-doors friendly against Queen’s Park.

Part/Time Supporter
04-07-2013, 10:12 AM
£200K+ is far too much for a First Division striker with one year on his contract.

Falkirk will need to find a decent sized English club with more money than sense.

GlenrothesHibee
04-07-2013, 10:21 AM
A year left on his contract? Falkirk are dreaming if they think they'll get 200k for him.

Andy74
04-07-2013, 10:36 AM
£200K+ is far too much for a First Division striker with one year on his contract.

Falkirk will need to find a decent sized English club with more money than sense.

Plenty of them about.

Waxy
04-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Maybe they're still hurting from the 4-3

Just_Jimmy
04-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Peterbro' just sold a lad to palace for £4.3 mill. He was non-league couple years back. £200,000 for taylor is a steal look at donaldson's success down there.

Heisenberg
04-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Peterborough would definitely be able to chuck a 200k fee to Failkirk having sold a player for that. Would agree with others, maybe too big a risk for us to take.

hibeeleicester
04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
I work for posh. There's an interest. That's it.

Zazu62
04-07-2013, 04:57 PM
i think he would be an excellent signing

Just_Jimmy
04-07-2013, 05:37 PM

Darren ferguson?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-07-2013, 10:01 PM
"@lyletaylor29: If u don't know, ur not meant to know... Yet."

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-07-2013, 10:02 PM
"@lyletaylor29: Finally!"

Titch
04-07-2013, 10:19 PM
"@lyletaylor29: Finally!"

Must have deleted that as its not there anymore

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Must have deleted that as its not there anymore

Its still there, he tweeted in 9 hours ago from now.

California-Hibs
04-07-2013, 11:04 PM
I wonder if the Taylor tweets are to do with us, I really hope they are! Unfortunately I think they're regarding a move to a championship club, hope I'm wrong

Hermit Crab
04-07-2013, 11:23 PM
I wonder if the Taylor tweets are to do with us, I really hope they are! Unfortunately I think they're regarding a move to a championship club, hope I'm wrong

I'm sure Peterborough have been sniffing about him

TheFamous1875
04-07-2013, 11:41 PM
As sad as it is, there's a big part of me hoping we don't get Taylor, as that could mean all of our efforts are going into getting Leigh back.

3pm
05-07-2013, 06:25 AM
If he's going to tweet everytime he doesn't get his own way then he's not worth the hassle!

Hibernia Na Eir
05-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Peterborough would definitely be able to chuck a 200k fee to Failkirk having sold a player for that. Would agree with others, maybe too big a risk for us to take.

he's also never a replacement for LG.
times I've watched LT, he's been fairly one dimensional. I'm not sure his style is the Hibs way...

IanM
05-07-2013, 06:49 AM
times I've watched LT, he's been fairly one dimensional. I'm not sure his style is the Hibs way...

what do you mean?

Aldo
05-07-2013, 06:52 AM

I'd be more than happy with a one dimensional striker that scores nearly 30 goals a season.

We were spoilt last season with Leigh but really disappointed with his contribution with his head...really really poor tbh

:devil:

Wilson
05-07-2013, 07:14 AM
As sad as it is, there's a big part of me hoping we don't get Taylor, as that could mean all of our efforts are going into getting Leigh back.

That is not so much sad as ridiculous. Imagine putting all our efforts in that one direction and still failing to land him. Do we just shrug our shoulders and say we tried our best?

Even if we do land him can he do it all on his own?

LT is a good prospect and we'd do well to get him. Not instead of anyone but because we need players who can hit the back of the net.

We'll miss out trying to get him on the cheap though.

Heisenberg
05-07-2013, 08:17 AM

LG is a special player but let's be honest, we are never going to be able to get a player of the same ilk in (unless we somehow manage to get a deal sorted for Leigh). I feel sorry for whatever strikers we sign as they'll instantly be compared to him which is highly unfair.

brydekirk
05-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Still think we'll have one more go at signing him, but don't think it will be this month.

TheFamous1875
05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
That is not so much sad as ridiculous. Imagine putting all our efforts in that one direction and still failing to land him. Do we just shrug our shoulders and say we tried our best?

Even if we do land him can he do it all on his own?

LT is a good prospect and we'd do well to get him. Not instead of anyone but because we need players who can hit the back of the net.

We'll miss out trying to get him on the cheap though.

I'm no saying it's the correct thing to do haha l just have a soft spot for him as he's a local lad and one of the best players I've ever seen play.

TheFamous1875
05-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Still think we'll have one more go at signing him, but don't think it will be this month.

I'm sure we will as well. Whether it pays off or not remains to be seen... (As long as we try!)

Speedway
05-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Personally I hope that anyone who has played for us previously signs 20 year contracts with their clubs with minimum buy out clauses of £18m or above and then perhaps we can look to move forward for a change.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I'd be more than happy with a one dimensional striker that scores nearly 30 goals a season.

We were spoilt last season with Leigh but really disappointed with his contribution with his head...really really poor tbh

:devil:

Thats his nickname decided then.

Henceforth LT shall be known as 1Dimension... Or 1D for short ;)

Posh Swanny
05-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Who are ya?! Who are ya?! Who are ya?! :greengrin

CB_NO3
05-07-2013, 09:24 AM
It was Taylor's fault from a Falkirk point of view that they never beat us in the Semi. Two missed one on one's at very crucial points in the game. I would take him, but I would not pay anymore than 100k for a first division player who has a year left on his contract.

Leithenhibby
05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
It was Taylor's fault from a Falkirk point of view that they never beat us in the Semi. Two missed one on one's at very crucial points in the game. I would take him, but I would not pay anymore than 100k for a first division player who has a year left on his contract.

Really... Did we not pay 400k for Keith Wright :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 09:36 AM
[/B]

Really... Did we not pay 400k for Keith Wright :rolleyes:

- That was 22 years ago
- Was pre-Bosman
- We had taken in a large portion of that transfer fee the day before by selling Paul Wright
- Keith Wright was far more established as a quality player then than Lyle Taylor is now

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 09:41 AM
- That was 22 years ago
- Was pre-Bosman
- We had taken in a large portion of that transfer fee the day before by selling Paul Wright
- Keith Wright was far more established as a quality player then than Lyle Taylor is now

I agree mate, they can bolt with this 250k lark.

patlowe
05-07-2013, 09:50 AM
I agree mate, they can bolt with this 250k lark.

£100k is a lot of money for a 1st division club, particularly given the contract situation. It makes me think Falkirk must expect a bidding war and I think hibs would be best to stay out of it.

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
£100k is a lot of money for a 1st division club, particularly given the contract situation. It makes me think Falkirk must expect a bidding war and I think hibs would be best to stay out of it.

If he is heading to peterborough then theres a chance they might get that, but if i were rod i wouldnt be giving them anywhere near that.

Since90+2
05-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Woudnt pay a penny more than 100k for a guy who is untested at SPL level.

If you take into account the initial 200k that Falkirk are looking for plus his signing on fee and a decent weekly wage on a 3 year deal it would be a sizeable amount of money on an unproven striker.

WestEndHibee
05-07-2013, 10:30 AM

I know how they feel. Purely from my time with Falkirk in footy man. Problem was that the bidding war never materialised and I was stuck with an unhappy player at my club who, in the end, stayed out a long contract and faded as a player.

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I know how they feel. Purely from my time with Falkirk in footy man. Problem was that the bidding war never materialised and I was stuck with an unhappy player at my club who, in the end, stayed out a long contract and faded as a player.

Yes.

Part/Time Supporter
05-07-2013, 11:26 AM
- That was 22 years ago
- Was pre-Bosman

Back then, if a club bought a player for (say) £200K, there was a more than decent chance they would get the money back if the player was sold on.

Taking Paul Wright as an example, Hibs bought him from QPR (IIRC) for about £250K. He then had a fairly indifferent season with Hibs and was sold to St Johnstone for about the same fee. He did better at St Johnstone, but then suffered a broken leg and they were relegated in 1994. Despite him having been out injured for the best part of a year, Kilmarnock paid over £300K for him!

Bosman pretty much destroyed that concept at clubs of or below Hibs' level. The only way Hibs would make money on a player like Taylor is if he suddenly improved into being a top SPL player.

Hermit Crab
05-07-2013, 01:01 PM
@lyletaylor29: Some people aren't even worth my banter. If I was playing for ur club I wouldn't be average. It wasn't me who turned the bid down #Fickle

Heisenberg
05-07-2013, 01:06 PM
@lyletaylor29: Some people aren't even worth my banter. If I was playing for ur club I wouldn't be average. It wasn't me who turned the bid down #Fickle

@lyletaylor29: Wow that moved quickly... #ThinkingTime

Lyle Taylor talks too much.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Some real plums obviously having a go at Taylor.

Do you ever think that abuse players get could influence their choice of club.

rcarter1
05-07-2013, 01:14 PM

Is this a response to a Hibs fan? If so, we sure know how to lose friends and alienate people.. :embarrass

Future17
05-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Some real plums obviously having a go at Taylor.

Do you ever think that abuse players get could influence their choice of club.

Luckily, it doesn't take much experience of Twitter to realise that all clubs have their idiot supporter element.

New signing confirmed: http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/sport/local-sport/lanark-footballer-matthew-diplacito-signs-for-hibernian-1-2988372#K-http%253A%252F%252Fwww.carlukegazette.co.uk%252Fsp ort%252Flocal-sport%252Flanark-footballer-matthew-diplacito-signs-for-hibernian-1-2988372%2F2346950771%2F1

SlickShoes
05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Luckily, it doesn't take much experience of Twitter to realise that all clubs have their idiot supporter element.

New signing confirmed: http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/sport/local-sport/lanark-footballer-matthew-diplacito-signs-for-hibernian-1-2988372#K-http%253A%252F%252Fwww.carlukegazette.co.uk%252Fsp ort%252Flocal-sport%252Flanark-footballer-matthew-diplacito-signs-for-hibernian-1-2988372%2F2346950771%2F1

Carluke Gazette now getting more hits in ten minutes than they have had all year.

Billychaotic182
05-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Interesting tweet from Lyle Taylor

Macaroon
05-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Back then, if a club bought a player for (say) £200K, there was a more than decent chance they would get the money back if the player was sold on.

Taking Paul Wright as an example, Hibs bought him from QPR (IIRC) for about £250K. He then had a fairly indifferent season with Hibs and was sold to St Johnstone for about the same fee. He did better at St Johnstone, but then suffered a broken leg and they were relegated in 1994. Despite him having been out injured for the best part of a year, Kilmarnock paid over £300K for him!

Bosman pretty much destroyed that concept at clubs of or below Hibs' level. The only way Hibs would make money on a player like Taylor is if he suddenly improved into being a top SPL player.

What about Osbourne? Had a very indifferent season for us last term and Blackpool came in and gave us 250k?

soproni1
05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
What about Osbourne? Had a very indifferent season for us last term and Blackpool came in and gave us 250k?

A kind description

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 01:56 PM

Lyle Taylor talks too much.

:agree:

Seems a like for like replacement for Leigh in Twitter terms :rolleyes:

hibeeleicester
05-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Who are ya?! Who are ya?! Who are ya?! :greengrin

Nobody really! Didn't make it to Ireland as I had a holiday booked! Bloody typical!

Hibs7
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM

Twitter should be a no no for anybody with even the slightest bit of fame .. Just leaves them open for every clown that has a mobile phone .. Infinitely worse than Facebook ..

Hermit Crab
05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
@lyletaylor29: “@ChairCon: @lyletaylor29 You make the right decision for no1 son x” I will Ant

Hermit Crab
05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
@lyletaylor29: “@lauristonYFC: @lyletaylor29 u know to get to edinburgh lyle?” Yup... Why?

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Wouldn't it be nearer the truth if it was called Twatter?

derek0762
05-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Latest tweet from Lyle

@lyletaylor29: Fuming 😡

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Latest tweet from Lyle

@lyletaylor29: Fuming 

Petrie withdrew his offer and made a lower one.

Pretty Boy
05-07-2013, 04:40 PM
If we do sign Taylor then a Twitter ban should be priority number 1.

Diclonius
05-07-2013, 04:55 PM

Probably why he's "fuming". A "no Twitter" clause was added at the last minute.

derek0762
05-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Latest from Lyle: @lyletaylor29: Some people's 'word' is worthless! #NotHappy

easty
05-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Petrie withdrew his offer and made a lower one.

reidy
05-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Latest from Lyle: @lyletaylor29: Some people's 'word' is worthless! #NotHappy
Definetly withdrew the last offer and made a lower now.

SaulGoodman
05-07-2013, 05:30 PM
This boy loves a moan.

Birds probably burnt his Chicken dippers.

Tyler Durden
05-07-2013, 05:32 PM

100%.

In only a few days he's showing himself up as the worst kind of social network attention seeking drama queen.

The type who post things like "Fuming" or "Cant believe this has happened to me again" etc with the sole intention of getting a reply like "what's up babe, u ok?"

Loathesome dregs of society!

Having said that.... He seems to have an eye for goal so Petrie - SIGN HIM UP!

bigwheel
05-07-2013, 05:36 PM
100%.

Maybe a bit OTT ?

Sexton
05-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Maybe a bit OTT ?

Think his tongue was well in cheek

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thecat23
05-07-2013, 10:05 PM
100%.

In only a few days he's showing himself up as the worst kind of social network attention seeking drama queen.

The type who post things like "Fuming" or "Cant believe this has happened to me again" etc with the sole intention of getting a reply like "what's up babe, u ok?"

Having said that.... He seems to have an eye for goal so Petrie - SIGN HIM UP!

I'd prob ask him what's up, but don't know him well enough to call him "babe" yet. ;)

Hibdan12
05-07-2013, 10:35 PM
he sounds like abit of arrogant fanny to me. also have there no been a few falkirk fans that have said he's no as good as made out to be?

my mates a accies fan and i ask him if taylor was any good and his reply rhymed with ducking sprite, compared to stevie may

DH1875
05-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Apparently the guy is kite. Not heard a single Falkirk fan say anything good about him. Even looking back to the semi he should have put it beyond doubt but didn't. I reckon IF we've got anything like £100k-£150k to spend on a striker there's a few better options about.

HibeeMG
05-07-2013, 11:21 PM
he sounds like abit of arrogant fanny to me. also have there no been a few falkirk fans that have said he's no as good as made out to be?

my mates a accies fan and i ask him if taylor was any good and his reply rhymed with ducking sprite, compared to stevie may

I've brought Stevie May's name up on here a few times and have probably bored people by doing so. I watched quite a few Pars games last season including both the Accies games and both Falkirk games.

I know that watching two games (three in Taylor's case) isn't lots to go on but as far as I'm concerned May is much a better player than Taylor. His hold up play is much better, he looks to bring others into the game more (something I think Taylor lacks as he seems quite selfish), and his finishing is very much at the same level.

Whether either of them can make the step up remains to be seen but I'd much rather Hibs took the gamble on May than Taylor and would be delighted if they did.

And at 20 years old he is a good age for a possible sell-on later.

His last two years (on loan at Alloa and Hamilton) have seen him score 44 goals in 55 games.

Dunderhall
06-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Latest from Lyle: @lyletaylor29: I haven't gone to Hibs Deryk...

Deryk being a Falkirk fan.
Make of it what you want, but I'm not impressed with him online.
You can forgive him that I suppose but he is attention seeking.

Ritchie
06-07-2013, 07:33 AM
100%.

Loathesome dregs of society!!

says him with a name like Tyler!

regards,

katie Hopkins

Purehibee_MYB
06-07-2013, 07:50 AM
says him with a name like Tyler!

regards,

katie Hopkins

1st rule is we do not talk about Tyler Durden...

Ritchie
06-07-2013, 07:54 AM

007 Mickey Weir
06-07-2013, 08:29 AM
I've brought Stevie May's name up on here a few times and have probably bored people by doing so. I watched quite a few Pars games last season including both the Accies games and both Falkirk games.

I know that watching two games (three in Taylor's case) isn't lots to go on but as far as I'm concerned May is much a better player than Taylor. His hold up play is much better, he looks to bring others into the game more (something I think Taylor lacks as he seems quite selfish), and his finishing is very much at the same level.

Whether either of them can make the step up remains to be seen but I'd much rather Hibs took the gamble on May than Taylor and would be delighted if they did.

And at 20 years old he is a good age for a possible sell-on later.

His last two years (on loan at Alloa and Hamilton) have seen him score 44 goals in 55 games.

Has he not signed a contract extension with St Johnstone? He was at loan at Hamilton if I remember right?

HibeeMG
06-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Has he not signed a contract extension with St Johnstone? He was at loan at Hamilton if I remember right?

He was indeed.

I'm not sure if he's signed an extension as I've not heard anyting. I do know that last his contract was due to end in the summer so would have been free to speak to other clubs (although a development fee would probably have been due).

brog
06-07-2013, 02:31 PM
:cb
Apparently the guy is kite. Not heard a single Falkirk fan say anything good about him. Even looking back to the semi he should have put it beyond doubt but didn't. I reckon IF we've got anything like £100k-£150k to spend on a striker there's a few better options about.

A Falkirk player told me LT is raw but definitely a talent. Also told me at beginning of this year that all at Falkirk expected him to be a Hibs player this summer. I still think it will happen.

brydekirk
06-07-2013, 02:47 PM
:cb

A Falkirk player told me LT is raw but definitely a talent. Also told me at beginning of this year that all at Falkirk expected him to be a Hibs player this summer. I still think it will happen.

Not at anywhere near 200k

brog
06-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Not at anywhere near 200k

I agree, Falkirk are whistling in the wind. At moment ball's in their court but LT's price reduces every day.

Part/Time Supporter
06-07-2013, 02:55 PM
He was indeed.

I'm not sure if he's signed an extension as I've not heard anyting. I do know that last his contract was due to end in the summer so would have been free to speak to other clubs (although a development fee would probably have been due).

Saints (belatedly) agreed a one year contract with him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22734884

Albion Hibs
06-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I heard Taylor was off to Rotherham, in any event a few guys from my work are ST holders at FK and they say he is nowhere near as good as he would like to believe he is, and that his goal return for the number of shots/ chances he has is pretty poor. I don't think him not coming to us is a massive disaster.

Wilson
06-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I heard Taylor was off to Rotherham, in any event a few guys from my work are ST holders at FK and they say he is nowhere near as good as he would like to believe he is, and that his goal return for the number of shots/ chances he has is pretty poor. I don't think him not coming to us is a massive disaster.

Perhaps not him specifically but the fact we have not yet signed a similarly prolific and attainable striker is a worry.

If Fenlon valued the ability to score goals as much as he likes his midfielders we'd be looking at LT and another experienced front man. The trouble is folk think we'd be looking at LT as a one man replacement for Griffiths. That shouldn't be the case. He would be a potent member of a front two. We should be looking for a strike force more than one striker.

The silence from Hibs is deafening as usual.

Purehibee_MYB
06-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Perhaps not him specifically but the fact we have not yet signed a similarly prolific and attainable striker is a worry.

If Fenlon valued the ability to score goals as much as he likes his midfielders we'd be looking at LT and another experienced front man. The trouble is folk think we'd be looking at LT as a one man replacement for Griffiths. That shouldn't be the case. He would be a potent member of a front two. We should be looking for a strike force more than one striker.

The silence from Hibs is deafening as usual.

Maybe you should email the club to remind them we need a striker, they've probably forgotten :cb

Thecat23
06-07-2013, 05:20 PM
The way I see it. Hibs knew pretty early what Wolves wanted for Leigh. We couldn't give them whatever that offer was.

What i hope is Pat and the board would have at least 2 strikers in mind who they could get in fairly early. I know some players like to hold out and that's not Hibs fault. But going by past signings we seem to leave things to the death. Yes we have brought in a couple early and Hibs get praised and rightly so. But if we do end missing targets due to time wasting for saving a little cash, I'd be really disappointed because this season we should be looking to finish in the top 4 at the very least.

A proven striker ASAP would ease this pressure then find another striker along with him as quick as possible. Nothing wrong with the young lads but sorry anyone thinking they could do a job every week in the SPL are kidding themselves. It's a hard job and a good experienced striker would help them.

I also think European games are huge, and not a waste of the. A lot of cash can be made making the group stages.

Part/Time Supporter
06-07-2013, 05:23 PM
The way I see it. Hibs knew pretty early what Wolves wanted for Leigh. We couldn't give them whatever that offer was.

What i hope is Pat and the board would have at least 2 strikers in mind who they could get in fairly early. I know some players like to hold out and that's not Hibs fault. But going by past signings we seem to leave things to the death. Yes we have brought in a couple early and Hibs get praised and rightly so. But if we do end missing targets due to time wasting for saving a little cash, I'd be really disappointed because this season we should be looking to finish in the top 4 at the very least.

A proven striker ASAP would ease this pressure then find another striker along with him as quick as possible. Nothing wrong with the young lads but sorry anyone thinking they could do a job every week in the SPL are kidding themselves. It's a hard job and a good experienced striker would help them.

I also think European games are huge, and not a waste of the. A lot of cash can be made making the group stages.

The odds of Hibs making the group stages are almost nil. Hibs would be underdogs against Malmo, never mind the two rounds when the clubs from bigger countries come in.

Thecat23
06-07-2013, 05:26 PM
The odds of Hibs making the group stages are almost nil. Hibs would be underdogs against Malmo, never mind the two rounds when the clubs from bigger countries come in.

That's not the point, I'm saying the further we get the more cash. So a strong side is needed. What's the point then in finishing as high as you can to then say. "We won't go anywhere in it so no rush for players".

Billy Whizz
06-07-2013, 05:39 PM
That's not the point, I'm saying the further we get the more cash. So a strong side is needed. What's the point then in finishing as high as you can to then say. "We won't go anywhere in it so no rush for players".

I agree, min £1.1 million for getting to the group stages, plus additional monies for points picked up

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_League

Thecat23
06-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I agree, min £1.1 million for getting to the group stages, plus additional monies for points picked up

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_League

That's huge for a club like ours. Don't get this half arsed approach some folk have. Just because we may be underdogs doesn't mean we should pie it. I want us to go as far as we can with the best team we can get.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2013, 05:50 PM
That's huge for a club like ours. Don't get this half arsed approach some folk have. Just because we may be underdogs doesn't mean we should pie it. I want us to go as far as we can with the best team we can get.

Plus gate money. How much do you get for 2nd/ 3rd in the new Scottish premiership?

Thecat23
06-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Plus gate money. How much do you get for 2nd/ 3rd in the new Scottish premiership?

Exactly. Not sure how much you get actually think I'll have a wee look. Think it's less now with the changes.

TRC
06-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Knowing the corrupt spl sfa whatever they want to call themselves these days it will be all to the winner and a penny chew to share between the rest, so Hearts will be better of anyway, if the still live :aok:

Rivers Cuomo
07-07-2013, 12:56 AM

I am Jack's complete lack of suprise

Purehibee_MYB
07-07-2013, 07:00 AM
I am Jack's complete lack of suprise

Beefster
07-07-2013, 07:33 AM

Irrespective of how many games we play in Europe, Hibs have known since April that our season starts mid-July and that Griffiths, Kuqi and Doyle would likely be away. To not have signed a single striker and be relying on a 19 year old who has only started around 2 games is inexcusable IMHO.

Part/Time Supporter
07-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Irrespective of how many games we play in Europe, Hibs have known since April that our season starts mid-July and that Griffiths, Kuqi and Doyle would likely be away. To not have signed a single striker and be relying on a 19 year old who has only started around 2 games is inexcusable IMHO.

I was responding to a post making out that Hibs would make significant income from a European run by pointing out it is highly unlikely. Yes signing a good striker ahead of the deadline would help, but it would only move Hibs from being big underdogs against Malmo (say 1 in 4 chance) to slightly less big underdogs (say 1 in 3 chance). And that's just to get past Malmo, never mind the clubs from the bigger countries that enter in the other two qualifying rounds. The reality is that Hibs have only won one European tie (against Dinaburg in the Intertoto) in 24 years, yet folk are talking as if Hibs are now going to win three ties against good opposition!

brydekirk
07-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I see Holt is plugging Lyle in the Mail this morning and then moaning about having no money to replace him.
They've knocked back a bid from Rotherham, apparently .

Hibernia Na Eir
07-07-2013, 08:26 AM
I was responding to a post making out that Hibs would make significant income from a European run by pointing out it is highly unlikely. Yes signing a good striker ahead of the deadline would help, but it would only move Hibs from being big underdogs against Malmo (say 1 in 4 chance) to slightly less big underdogs (say 1 in 3 chance). And that's just to get past Malmo, never mind the clubs from the bigger countries that enter in the other two qualifying rounds. The reality is that Hibs have only won one European tie (against Dinaburg in the Intertoto) in 24 years, yet folk are talking as if Hibs are now going to win three ties against good opposition!

until this country introduces summer fitbaw, then we will continue to struggle in early European rounds....

J-C
07-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Why is everyone thinking it's Malmo we'll be playing, it was 0-0 first leg, a 1-1 and droeghda(spelling) will be our opponents.

Hibeescott
07-07-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't know about anybody else but the following seems to make sense to me:

Fenlon and his staff would have known for months we needed at least 2 strikers. Therefore he will have been scouting some, agents will be on the phone constantly offering him others, and he will have a list of strikers he would like that may be available.

He has then started at the top of the list ability wise, and didn't get sparky. With the fact that we have now bid for Lyle Taylor suggests that, in Fenlon and his staffs mind having watched Falkirk a fair bit before the semi, that Taylor is one of the best we can hope to get.

All those on here saying they hope we don't get him, well surely then we will end up with someone of less ability than Taylor. Anyone with half a football brain should know that better players will become available towards the end of the window as bigger clubs bring in more players, therefore making others surplus to requirements.

So yes, in an ideal world we would have had strikers signed up by now, but for all those saying Taylor isn't good enough, he is more than likely number 2 or 3 on Fenlon's list. So we either now bring in someone not as good as Taylor, or WAIT for better players to become available.

brog
07-07-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't know about anybody else but the following seems to make sense to me:

Fenlon and his staff would have known for months we needed at least 2 strikers. Therefore he will have been scouting some, agents will be on the phone constantly offering him others, and he will have a list of strikers he would like that may be available.

He has then started at the top of the list ability wise, and didn't get sparky. With the fact that we have now bid for Lyle Taylor suggests that, in Fenlon and his staffs mind having watched Falkirk a fair bit before the semi, that Taylor is one of the best we can hope to get.

All those on here saying they hope we don't get him, well surely then we will end up with someone of less ability than Taylor. Anyone with half a football brain should know that better players will become available towards the end of the window as bigger clubs bring in more players, therefore making others surplus to requirements.

So yes, in an ideal world we would have had strikers signed up by now, but for all those saying Taylor isn't good enough, he is more than likely number 2 or 3 on Fenlon's list. So we either now bring in someone not as good as Taylor, or WAIT for better players to become available.

Only 163 posts & you're talking sense! This will never catch on! :wink:

Hibeescott
07-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Only 163 posts & you're talking sense! This will never catch on! :wink:

Ah you never know! It would be good if it did....

Speedway
08-07-2013, 06:57 PM
LT is due to make a decision on his future this week.

SMAXXA
08-07-2013, 07:01 PM
LT is due to make a decision on his future this week.

The more I read about his tweets the more im going of the guy to be honest, if he does sign I hope he screws the nut and goes easy on the social media

Jonnyboy
08-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I reckon Falkirk think they're an English club and so are setting English prices. I mean if Swansea splashed out £5m on Jonjo Shelvey (that's right, £5m) then £200k aint too much to ask surely :greengrin

weecounty hibby
08-07-2013, 07:13 PM
I reckon Falkirk think they're an English club and so are setting English prices. I mean if Swansea splashed out £5m on Jonjo Shelvey (that's right, £5m) then £200k aint too much to ask surely :greengrin
No way £5m for him:confused:. Normally it is Liverpool who are being taken for mugs, this time though they seem to be doing it to others. Has Laudrup actually seen him play. He is awful. I saw him play for England U21 and he didn't hit a team mate with ANY attempted pass. Truly shocking and shows how truly ****ed up football is. Will probably be earning crazy money too:crazy:

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2013, 07:38 PM

That's just the initial fee too, more to come based on appearances :faf:

3pm
08-07-2013, 07:44 PM

For Swansea reserves?!

Jonnyboy
08-07-2013, 07:45 PM

More money than sense my friend. He is a very poor quality footballer IMO and £5k might have been nearer his worth in the transfer market :wink:

Anyway, I bet you're laughing your head off at that deal :greengrin

weecounty hibby
08-07-2013, 07:46 PM
No wonder you're laughing. It is almost beyond belief but then again it is the insanity of the EPL. I much prefer when it's LFC paying over inflated prices!!

Billy Whizz
08-07-2013, 07:50 PM

And trying to get a fee for Jay Spearing as well, you couldn't make it up

3pm
08-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Did Shelvey not play for England?!

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2013, 07:54 PM
And trying to get a fee for Jay Spearing as well, you couldn't make it up

Player of the season for Bolton, that's put another couple of million onto the price, about time LFC ripped other folk off! :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2013, 07:55 PM

Well he never ****** played for Liverpool that's for sure! :greengrin

bingo70
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Probably because he was one of about 12 Englishmen that play in the premiership

Billy Whizz
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Player of the season for Bolton, that's put another couple of million onto the price, about time LFC ripped other folk off! :greengrin
collect all you can in fees, to buy the new Andy Carroll

Bostonhibby
08-07-2013, 08:12 PM

Jeez, if Shelvey's worth that, what must N'Goo be worth? Liverpool could surely hold the big team to ransom over this one. David N'Goo, the stretched out Christian Nade.

down-the-slope
08-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I remember JJS playing in Europa for Pool against Yams at Tynie...he looked like he had sneaked out the pub onto the team bus and got a game...he was honking beyond belief..and they were trying to claim they would build the team around him in the future.....:rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Was Lyle Taylor playing tonight?

lochhibs
08-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Was Lyle Taylor playing tonight?
aye.subbed after 67 minutes.

Heisenberg
08-07-2013, 10:38 PM
http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/rotherham-united-one-of-three-english-clubs-bidding-to-sign-lyle-taylor-1-2993111

California-Hibs
08-07-2013, 10:52 PM
http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/rotherham-united-one-of-three-english-clubs-bidding-to-sign-lyle-taylor-1-2993111

Would suggest that theres no chance he'll be coming to us then..

NOLA
09-07-2013, 02:33 AM
Would suggest that theres no chance he'll be coming to us then..
good, hes overpriced, not that good and comes across as a right cockwomble, id much rather we looked at players with previous spl experience, Adam Rooney, Paul Heffernan for starters.

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Sounds like we can score LT of the list now. Doesn't say much for his ambition if he would prefer League 2 in England.

SPFL Banter *** ‏@splbanter Hibs look set to miss out on striker Lyle Taylor as Falkirk accept a bid from English League 2 side Rotherham

flash
09-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Sounds like we can score LT of the list now. Doesn't say much for his ambition if he would prefer League 2 in England.

SPFL Banter *** ‏@splbanter Hibs look set to miss out on striker Lyle Taylor as Falkirk accept a bid from English League 2 side Rotherham

How is it his ambition in question? Until Falkirk accept a bid from us we aren't a choice available to him.

J-C
09-07-2013, 08:15 AM
TBH if he's got no ambition and a Div 2 side is what he wants, then we've dodged one here, we want players who want to play for Hibs not just anyone who wants cash.

J-C
09-07-2013, 08:16 AM
How is it his ambition in question? Until Falkirk accept a bid from us we aren't a choice available to him.

We did bid and they rejected it, they never gave him the option to come here.

flash
09-07-2013, 08:16 AM
TBH if he's got no ambition and a Div 2 side is what he wants, then we've dodged one here, we want players who want to play for Hibs not just anyone who wants cash.

Again how can he sign for us when we haven't had an offer accepted by Falkirk?

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 08:19 AM

Surely the player has some say in where he's going to end up playing.

J-C
09-07-2013, 08:20 AM

He and his agent turn round and tell Falkirk he's not going to Rotherham in Div2, they then might reconsider Hibs bid. He'll know all about our bid and if he wants to come here, then he could just hold out until he gets the move he wants, if he's happy at Rotherham in the lower leagues then bye bye.

flash
09-07-2013, 08:21 AM
He and his agent turn round and tell Falkirk he's not going to Rotherham in Div2, they then might reconsider Hibs bid. He'll know all about our bid and if he wants to come here, then he could just hold out until he gets the move he wants, if he's happy at Rotherham in the lower leagues then bye bye.

Jeez so Falkirk turn down £200,000 from Rotherham and accept £80,000 from Hibs. I bet you would be delighted if we ran our club that way.

J-C
09-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Jeez so Falkirk turn down £200,000 from Rotherham and accept £80,000 from Hibs. I bet you would be delighted if we ran our club that way.

No, what I'm saying is he has a contract and if he wanted could just run the contract down and move where he wants, whether they've accepted Rotherham's bid or not, it's then upto the player where he goes, not Falkirk, his contract is still with them no matter who bids for him.