PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Lyle Taylor

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Pray4Marc
15-07-2013, 04:53 PM
not a chance. If Leigh starts scoring for fun for Wolves there will be bigger clubs queuing up with 5 times the wage we can afford!

i get the feeling its either now or never with regards to Sparky.

Unfortunately Leigh won't be back anytime soon. He loves he club but he will have teams bigger than us offering him better money and standard of football. I just feel privelaged to have seen him at Easter Road.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately Leigh won't be back anytime soon. He loves he club but he will have teams bigger than us offering him better money and standard of football. I just feel privelaged to have seen him at Easter Road.

Did you see him at [Rugby Park?] eventually? ;)

Gerard
15-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Our club has a limited amount of money that was can spend on signing players. Our poor cousins have spent money they did not have and are not Donald D. I trust In Mr Petrie getting the best players that we can afford to sign and then pay. It is easy to sign players but you still have to pay them.
In Rod we trust:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Classic Hibs with Petrie at the helm.
What "Il Postino"?
He always delivers all the right letters but not necessarily to the right addresses ;) [Raised glasses smiley]

Treadstone
15-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Our club has a limited amount of money that was can spend on signing players. Our poor cousins have spent money they did not have and are not Donald D. I trust In Mr Petrie getting the best players that we can afford to sign and then pay. It is easy to sign players but you still have to pay them.

:applause:

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 05:33 PM

Mr Petrie flogged our "golden generation" for top dollar and proceeded to replace them with a load of freebies, wannabees and has beens, nothing has changed in all that time and we have followed a very predictable downward spiral to the point where we played relegation deciders, a complete nonsense for a club with our stature in Scotland.

No right-minded Hibbie wants to follow our pink cousins strategy but a wee bit ambition wouldn't go amiss.

Please refrain from reminding me there's plenty of time left this window, our season proper starts this Thursday.

Beautiful ground, wonderful training facilities, but the most important thing . . .

SMAXXA
15-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Mr Petrie flogged our "golden generation" for top dollar and proceeded to replace them with a load of freebies, wannabees and has beens, nothing has changed in all that time and we have followed a very predictable downward spiral to the point where we played relegation deciders, a complete nonsense for a club with our stature in Scotland.

No right-minded Hibbie wants to follow our pink cousins strategy but a wee bit ambition wouldn't go amiss.

Please refrain from reminding me there's plenty of time left this window, our season proper starts this Thursday.

Beautiful ground, wonderful training facilities, but the most important thing . . .

No he never, the various managers did, do you think Petrie identifies the players like, have a word :confused:

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 05:46 PM
No he never, the various managers did, do you think Petrie identifies the players like, have a word :confused:

Do you really seriously believe the procession of managers we have gone through since that period identified some of the dross we signed as their first choice picks or were instructed as to what we could afford - please.

SMAXXA
15-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Do you really seriously believe the procession of managers we have gone through since that period identified some of the dross we signed as their first choice picks or were instructed as to what we could afford - please.

I don't know if these players were or not, neither do you. I would suspect if they had a higher budget they would have signed different players, or even giving some of the same signed players more cash. Do you think if he gave Calderwood more cash we would have been better, cause I don't. So you could form an argument that RP did the right thing in not giving him more money to squander, in a round about way cause he was part of appointing him so is at fault for that.

You cant lay the blame at his door all the time, look at ICT, Well, St J, your not telling me they pay more or can pay more than what Hibs can, they have just had good managers who have identified good players, don't see anyone praising their chairmen????

Too easy to lay into RP, its out of order IMO in the context of missing out on some targets. If we don't think they are worth it then im all for not going crazy with the cash. Its over to PF to identify the right quality that we can afford, which believe it or not these player are out there.

SolentHibee
15-07-2013, 06:00 PM

Personally, it is far more likely than the idea that Petrie is doing it. Do you have any evidence or are you just convinced that our previous managers have been so brilliant that they could not possibly be responsible for all of the dross we sign. I would accept that Petrie will no doubt have stopped us getting some good ones by not paying enough, but the blame for the ones we did get lies squarely at the feet of the managers.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't know if these players were or not, neither do you. I would suspect if they had a higher budget they would have signed different players, or even giving some of the same signed players more cash. Do you think if he gave Calderwood more cash we would have been better, cause I don't. So you could form an argument that RP did the right thing in not giving him more money to squander, in a round about way cause he was part of appointing him so is at fault for that.

You cant lay the blame at his door all the time, look at ICT, Well, St J, your not telling me they pay more or can pay more than what Hibs can, they have just had good managers who have identified good players, don't see anyone praising their chairmen????

Too easy to lay into RP, its out of order IMO in the context of missing out on some targets. If we don't think they are worth it then im all for not going crazy with the cash. Its over to PF to identify the right quality that we can afford, which believe it or not these player are out there.

Given what you are saying above he's even more at fault than I believed as he was solely responsible in appointing all those managers who failed to sign those good players - confused.

ancient hibee
15-07-2013, 06:02 PM

Of course they were instructed as to what we could afford-how would you run the business-pay more than we could afford?

truehibernian
15-07-2013, 06:04 PM

Very true mate but we had the very real chance to bid for and get Lyle in January - yet again we stalled, money 'wasn't there', and Hibs didn't grasp the nettle - instead we grasped a 'non footballer' in Matt Done and signed a midfielder that in my opinion we didn't need (not a slight on Scott Robbo but it wasn't required at the time).

My info back then, before January, was that LT would have jumped at the chance to come to Hibs. I feel we really have missed out on getting a talented young 'baller who is on a progressive path. I for one am not inviting a 'Hearts scenario' of foolish investment on the 'never never' - but certainly a little speculate to accumulate would go down very well with the fans, who let's be honest, have more than done their part this last 3 seasons.

Hibs have spent ridiculous money on paying off players, managers and coaching staff this last 5 years - I'm fully behind Pat Fenlon and he will get it right, however I'm irked when I know we could have got players when the 'iron was hot'.

Lyle Taylor would have scored for fun in the SPL mate, of that I am convinced.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Already made the point that no-one wanted to see Jambo-esque style signings, just a wee bit ambition, there's always a middle road, we signed the players we signed and have lost how many off the gate ?

The point has been made on here many times by many posters that we've done the infrastructure bit and now its time for a wee bit (just a wee bit) loosening off the purse strings.

Yeah, I do find it hard to believe that all the managers since could get it so badly wrong off their own accord - it's all about opinions though isn't it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AlbertK86
15-07-2013, 06:21 PM

Correct ... A point lost on a lot of people

Hibbyradge
15-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Already made the point that no-one wanted to see Jambo-esque style signings, just a wee bit ambition, there's always a middle road, we signed the players we signed and have lost how many off the gate ?

The point has been made on here many times by many posters that we've done the infrastructure bit and now its time for a wee bit (just a wee bit) loosening off the purse strings.

Yeah, I do find it hard to believe that all the managers since could get it so badly wrong off their own accord - it's all about opinions though isn't it.

We're already losing money annually.

How much more should we lose to show a wee bit of ambition?

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 06:26 PM

Only enough to entice some of those missing supporters back, did we lose money last season do you think ?

Dunderhall
15-07-2013, 06:29 PM

What is the cost of this wee bit of ambition, and what do you get in return for a wee bit?
if the first season's wee bit doesnt work, do we need another wee bit then also. How many wee bits of ambition does it need to make a real difference.
These wee bits of ambition are several years of commitment in reality.
we have "Manageable Debt" just now, at what point do you think it becomes unmanageable and how many years of wee bits of ambition is that?

I would think every manager has a budget to work within and all would like more, I'm not sure why this seems so unbelievable to you.
Petrie does a better job than most in getting value for money for identified targets, and yes within budget constraints.

truehibernian
15-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Paying off Hughes, Rice, Evans, Calderwood, and players like Scott, Thornhill, Agogo, etc have certainly not helped the balance sheet and have impacted majorly on the ambition we can show though HR.........I really don't think Rod could complain if the fans, who have taken upwards of 60,000 (or more) fans to 4 Hampden trips this last 2 years and the merchandise that goes with it, want to see Hibs sign a player for £150,000.

Like I say we could have got him in January - we signed Done on loan - going for top 6 back then and needing a boost up front. I was angry then, I'm really really disappointed now.

SMAXXA
15-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Very true mate but we had the very real chance to bid for and get Lyle in January - yet again we stalled, money 'wasn't there', and Hibs didn't grasp the nettle - instead we grasped a 'non footballer' in Matt Done and signed a midfielder that in my opinion we didn't need (not a slight on Scott Robbo but it wasn't required at the time).

My info back then, before January, was that LT would have jumped at the chance to come to Hibs. I feel we really have missed out on getting a talented young 'baller who is on a progressive path. I for one am not inviting a 'Hearts scenario' of foolish investment on the 'never never' - but certainly a little speculate to accumulate would go down very well with the fans, who let's be honest, have more than done their part this last 3 seasons.

Hibs have spent ridiculous money on paying off players, managers and coaching staff this last 5 years - I'm fully behind Pat Fenlon and he will get it right, however I'm irked when I know we could have got players when the 'iron was hot'.

Lyle Taylor would have scored for fun in the SPL mate, of that I am convinced.

I totally agree with what you are saying mate and your right. I think the one thing that is key here though is that we probably didn't have the money in January to sign him. We have the money now due to getting back to the Scottish Cup Final and that couldn't have been predicted back in January so it would have been difficult to 'gamble' on someone like Taylor especially if we are talking about £200k ish.

I don't doubt he would score goals I rate him, however looking at the bigger picture, and I don't know this for sure but I am reading between the lines and guessing that this is the cup final money that is allowing us to be in a position to spend on a transfer fee, because that cash wouldn't have been budgeted for last year.

I get as annoyed at anyone when it seems we have missed a trick, but lets be honest with the losses we have made the last couple of years, spending that kind of money last year would have been dangerous IMO.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 06:36 PM
What is the cost of this wee bit of ambition, and what do you get in return for a wee bit?
if the first season's wee bit doesnt work, do we need another wee bit then also. How many wee bits of ambition does it need to make a real difference.
These wee bits of ambition are several years of commitment in reality.
we have "Manageable Debt" just now, at what point do you think it becomes unmanageable and how many years of wee bits of ambition is that?

I would think every manager has a budget to work within and all would like more, Petrie does a better job than most in getting value for money for targets.

Off the belief that you have to speculate a little to accumulate in terms of the missing support, doing the opposite as we have for many seasons now only leads to a worsening product on the park and the fallng off of attendances as is wholly evident.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Do you realise that we paid more for our freebies and nobodies than the golden generation was getting paid?

SMAXXA
15-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Off the belief that you have to speculate a little to accumulate in terms of the missing support, doing the opposite as we have for many seasons now only leads to a worsening product on the park and the fallng off of attendances as is wholly evident.

Do you honestly think signing Taylor would bring back a lot of supporters? Nae chance, id go as far as saying signing Leigh wouldn't make much of a difference to out current supporter numbers. We have what we have and unfortunately its a sign of the times IMO. Granted getting a winning team playing great football will entice people back but one or 2 signings don't guarantee that especially with paying a few hundred grand a pop on each of these players.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Do you realise that we paid more for our freebies and nobodies than the golden generation was getting paid?

Yeah, sad ain't it.

Beefster
15-07-2013, 06:42 PM

Why don't you direct the question at Rodders? He's the one offering transfer fees.

The Griffiths and Taylor 'bids' reek of PR IMHO. Wasn't Rodders rumoured to have offered 800k for Naismith just before Rangers paid closer to his market value of double that?

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Do you honestly think signing Taylor would bring back a lot of supporters? Nae chance, id go as far as saying signing Leigh wouldn't make much of a difference to out current supporter numbers. We have what we have and unfortunately its a sign of the times IMO. Granted getting a winning team playing great football will entice people back but one or 2 signings don't guarantee that especially with paying a few hundred grand a pop on each of these players.

Don't know mate but it would certainly show a sign of intent and if it were to work I do think there is a latent Hibs support out there that would respond to it - but if you don't try you'll never know will you ?

Speedway
15-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Don't know mate but it would certainly show a sign of intent and if it were to work I do think there is a latent Hibs support out there that would respond to it - but if you don't try you'll never know will you ?

The latent Hibbies I know wouldn't come back if we signed Van Persie.

Not real Hibbies, more Hibyams.

jgl07
15-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Only enough to entice some of those missing supporters back..........

I reacall when McLeish was manager and Hibs brought in Latapy, Sauzee, Mixu, Zitelli, etc, etc.

The team headed Rangers in the table for some weeks and easily finished third and got to the Scottish Cup Final. The team played great football and beat Hearts 6-2.

And the fans stayed away.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I reacall when McLeish was manager and Hibs brought in Latapy, Sauzee, Mixu, Zitelli, etc, etc.

The team headed Rangers in the table for some weeks and easily finished third and got to the Scottish Cup Final. The team played great football and beat Hearts 6-2.

And spent a huge amount of money in the process. It was also a time when turnover was a lot higher than it is now.

Hibs seem to have a maximum cap of around 14,000 for normal matches and about double that if we reach a cup final.

That's wee team numbers.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 07:03 PM

How many were we playing in front off then - it was certainly good entertainment.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 07:06 PM
How many were we playing in front off then - it was certainly good entertainment.

About 10-11,000 and SKY funded too.

The Mowbray/Collins 2006/7 season was our best since 1972 at a whopping 14,488.

HibbyAndy
15-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Put it this way... We lost out to Motherwell ( ****in motherwell !)...for sutton and mcmanus who would both walk right into this hibs team..Players that are right on our wanted list..Maybe Sutton wasnt on our list but i bet we sign no one near his calibre...We will still be scraping round the bottle of the barrell come August signin the gash that no one else wants.

Maroonsaballoon
15-07-2013, 07:10 PM

Can't disagree with too much of this.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 07:14 PM
About 10-11,000 and SKY funded too.

The Mowbray/Collins 2006/7 season was our best since 1972 at a whopping 14,488.

Fickle old game isn't it, if we were watching that team now (hopefully in bigger numbers) we would be thinking it was xmas every other Saturday !!!

davhibby
15-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Put it this way... We lost out to Motherwell ( ****in motherwell !)...for sutton and mcmanus who would both walk right into this hibs team..Players that are right on our wanted list..Maybe Sutton wasnt on our list but i bet we sign no one near his calibre...We will still be scraping round the bottle of the barrell come August signin the gash that no one else wants.
Sutton? You're having a laugh

Speedway
15-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Fickle old game isn't it, if we were watching that team now (hopefully in bigger numbers) we would be thinking it was xmas every other Saturday !!!

No, we'd be asking why on earth we'd lost out on Deschamps and how that demonstrated a lack of ambition and that we should push the boat out to sign Desailly.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 07:43 PM
No, we'd be asking why on earth we'd lost out on Deschamps and how that demonstrated a lack of ambition and that we should push the boat out to sign Desailly.

Ah, so back to where we started then - those sodden opinions again !!!

Speedway
15-07-2013, 07:44 PM
By the way, the last time we had an average home attendance that could fill the new Easter Road capacity was in season 1957/58.

Now there's ambition.

weonlywon6-2
15-07-2013, 07:52 PM

On many occasions i struggled to get seat in the main stand when Mcleish was in charge when he brought them in.
So yes,fans would come back if the team was good on the pitch

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 07:56 PM
By the way, the last time we had an average home attendance that could fill the new Easter Road capacity was in season 1957/58.

Now there's ambition.

Point taken though didn't ever say we needed to fill the ground every other week though that would be sweet.

Just a feasible extra thousand or two from a sustained better product on the park would make a difference wouldn't it, they say success breeds success - maybe we'll never know.

SaulGoodman
15-07-2013, 07:56 PM

Funny that, I remember the thread about Sutton signing for Hibs was full of people saying no thanks and not good enough. But now he's signed for someone else he'd walk into this team?

Dunderhall
15-07-2013, 07:57 PM

Easy to say, how much do you actually want to spend, how do you know this years budget compared to last years and any constraints.
as I said what if that little achieves nothing? Where do you go next?

Its easy to say all those things without carrying the can.
i do agree Petrie has to take some responsibility for the dubious outcomes of a few previous managers.

i thought from memory that our attendance figures were up slightly last year on the previous, I haven't checked so quite happy to be proved otherwise.

Maybe we do need to look at lowering our cost base, the overheads.
maybe someone ITK can say whether it's been done, are we running as lean as we can and still deliver. Is Rod as ruthless with internal decision making? Just curious.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Easy to say, how much do you actually want to spend, how do you know this years budget compared to last years and any constraints.
as I said what if that little achieves nothing? Where do you go next?

Its easy to say all those things without carrying the can.
i do agree Petrie has to take some responsibility for the dubious outcomes of a few previous managers.

i thought from memory that our attendance figures were up slightly last year on the previous, I haven't checked so quite happy to be proved otherwise.

We are in the entertainment business competing against all the other ways for folks to spend their monies.

I just happen to believe that a better product might sway some of these folks to spend it at ER.

No-one is advocating we put ourselves in dire straights to achieve this, just raise the bar a wee bit and see where it takes us.

Believe we were up around six hundred on the year before.

Wotherspiniesta
15-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Funny that, I remember the thread about Sutton signing for Hibs was full of people saying no thanks and not good enough. But now he's signed for someone else he'd walk into this team?

:agree:

Still stand firm on my opinion that Sutton is gash.

Motherwell are a team that score a lot of goals, but having lost Humphrey, Law and Higdon they wont create as many chances as last year. Suttons not the type of player to score goals from nothing. He'll do well to hit 12 this season.

weecounty hibby
15-07-2013, 08:21 PM
One or two signings won't bring the crowds back, what will is a consistent period of decent results, better league position, European football regularly maybe even a cup win more regularly than every 20 years or so.

I think the way we are going at the moment is a step in the right direction, we are improving, we have changed the way the club is run, we are no longer a home for deadbeat wasters, we as a support seem to have galvanised together more than I have seen in many years. I am the same as ever one else in that I want success right now but look at what has happened to Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna and our pink pals to see how trying to chuck money at it will cause no end of grief

weecounty hibby
15-07-2013, 08:26 PM
:agree:

Still stand firm on my opinion that Sutton is gash.

Motherwell are a team that score a lot of goals, but having lost Humphrey, Law and Higdon they wont create as many chances as last year. Suttons not the type of player to score goals from nothing. He'll do well to hit 12 this season.

Sutton is gash. If I was a 'Well fan I would be a bit miffed at losing Higdon and replacing him with Sutton. If we had signed him as a replacement for LG this place would have gone into total meltdown, now all of a sudden folk think we should have signed him!!

Dunderhall
15-07-2013, 08:42 PM
We are in the entertainment business competing against all the other ways for folks to spend their monies.

I just happen to believe that a better product might sway some of these folks to spend it at ER.

No-one is advocating we put ourselves in dire straights to achieve this, just raise the bar a wee bit and see where it takes us.

Believe we were up around six hundred on the year before.

So maybe we have reversed the fall in attendances, no doubt LG was a big factor and maybe early season form, but I'd accept the season overall in league terms we under achieved.

But if you raise the bar a wee bit what do you really get in return, that's the unknown.
We have a core support which isn't going to change by much IMO, unless something spectacular happens.
Let's say we splashed out and got LG back, club record fee and all that, that would be last years team with a wee bit improvement in other areas.

Is there any reason for last year's attendance to increase by an amount equivalent to last years team plus a wee improvement to match the outlay? I'm not sure. What would be the reason?

That's the quandary facing us on a financial basis.

Eternal Hibbie
15-07-2013, 08:54 PM
So maybe we have reversed the fall in attendances, no doubt LG was a big factor and maybe early season form, but I'd accept the season overall in league terms we under achieved.

But if you raise the bar a wee bit what do you really get in return, that's the unknown.
We have a core support which isn't going to change by much IMO, unless something spectacular happens.
Let's say we splashed out and got LG back, club record fee and all that, that would be last years team with a wee bit improvement in other areas.

Is there any reason for last year's attendance to increase by an amount equivalent to last years team plus a wee improvement to match the outlay? I'm not sure. What would be the reason?

That's the quandary facing us on a financial basis.

Yes, you are absolutely correct - its the quandry faced by everyone I would imagine in the entertainment business.

The alternative though is to accept mediocrity as the norm.

I'll finish now by going back to my original point, our lack of investment has meant we have underachieved for many years and not just last year.

We're all Hibbies, we all want the best we can for our club but have differing opinions on how best this can be achieved.;-)

Lucius Apuleius
15-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Yes, you are absolutely correct - its the quandry faced by everyone I would imagine in the entertainment business.

I'll finish now by going back to my original point, our lack of investment has meant we have underachieved for many years and not just last year.

We're all Hibbies, we all want the best we can for our club but have differing opinions on how best this can be achieved.;-)

We have invested, in the infrastructure. Infrastructure does not bring the fans back (not much anyway) but IMHO was required. We can now use any money we have to its fullest potential on the playing side. A wee bit ambition that does not work leads to a we bit more ambition needed the next transfer window until such time as we end up how we were under the GJP with huge debts. No thanks, little by little, improve the football and people may come back. Not convinced though.

Dunderhall
15-07-2013, 09:35 PM

No we shouldn't accept it, but for large periods, at least in my time, that's is how it's been.
We do need to try and understand why "smaller" teams outperform us, but they don't normally sustain it is the other aspect. Money might not be the answer.

No argument there. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2013, 09:57 PM
How much more should we spend than every other team bar Celtic to guarantee bigger crowds? :confused:

Dunderhall
15-07-2013, 10:01 PM
How much more should we spend than every other team bar Celtic to guarantee bigger crowds? :confused:
£1,515,151 guarantees you big club crowds.

J-C
15-07-2013, 10:12 PM

It's not about how much we spend it's what we spend it on.

We've wasted so much money this past 5-6 years on managers compensation/paying off players contracts and simply buying naff players. The board have to take a large proportion of the blame for this as they appointed the managers and allowed monies to be wasted, other clubs who had less money than ourselves have spent wisely, bringing in decent managers and with having a good scouting system in place, brought in a few bargains as well.

I can see a difference in Fenlon already, he's realised our downfall in scouting and addressed that, he's earmarked proven SPL players and talked them into signing for us, brought in a good No.2 with loads of experience in the league and also giving the better youth players a run in the team.

For the 1st time in a while things are looking up down Easter Rd way. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2013, 10:16 PM

Nail hit right on the head.

Saturdays Hero
15-07-2013, 10:27 PM

We've wasted so much money this past 5-6 years on managers compensation/paying off players contracts and simply buying naff players. The board have to take a large proportion of the blame for this as they appointed the managers and allowed monies to be wasted, other clubs who had less money than ourselves have spent wisely, bringing in decent managers and with having a good scouting system in place, brought in a few bargains as well.

I can see a difference in Fenlon already, he's realised our downfall in scouting and addressed that, he's earmarked proven SPL players and talked them into signing for us, brought in a good No.2 with loads of experience in the league and also giving the better youth players a run in the team.

For the 1st time in a while things are looking up down Easter Rd way. :greengrin

Totally mate :-) we had a decent end to the season in the League & no reason why we can't continue that !!

HibbyAndy
16-07-2013, 06:55 AM
For those saying Sutton is gash , Isnt he something like 6/7 highest goalscorer in the SPL?.

bingo70
16-07-2013, 07:00 AM
For those saying Sutton is gash , Isnt he something like 6/7 highest goalscorer in the SPL?.

Colin nish is up there too but I don't think many of us would want him back.

lord bunberry
16-07-2013, 07:23 AM

The thing that annoyed me about that period was when we were above rangers and going really well all we ever heard from the manager and players was "we won't finish above the old firm" or " the best we can hope for is third". If the best we can do is third when we are sitting second in the league is an admission that we are going to be doing worse than we currently were, is it any wonder people weren't coming back in their thousands.

Brightside
16-07-2013, 07:27 AM

Sutton is gash and I'm delighted we didn't go for him. I'm also delighted we didn't get McManus. We do need another striker bit I'm pretty happy with the squad we have.

HibbyAndy
16-07-2013, 07:34 AM

Aye true :greengrin:

BSEJVT
16-07-2013, 08:10 AM
FWIW I am not to disappointed we didnt get Sutton or McManus

The angst around their signings for Motherwell is based around what they were like 2 or 3 years ago or longer.

IMO it is a huge ask for players in the twilights of their careers to turn around 2 or 3 seasons of pish and return to former glories and I dont see it happening.

They will do okay and there will be some gnashing of teeth on here but they will do no better than who we get in their stead.

Still why waste an opportunity to stick the boot in on the club, the manager and the board.

Its the Hibs way.

jdships
16-07-2013, 08:13 AM

:top marks

Sumner
16-07-2013, 03:14 PM

:shocked: Jeeezus, what a fright at that thought !!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Taylor has officially signed with the blades.

sleeping giant
17-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Pretty gutted. Been wanting him for a while

sleeping giant
17-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Me too but I won't say we've missed out yet, wait and see what plan C? Is.

Not saying we have missed out but I would like to have seen him in our team.

sleeping giant
17-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Also heard us being linked with the boy Boyce from the Celtic game twice.

silverhibee
17-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Did we have to pay of LOB.?