PDA

View Full Version : NHC Michael Johnston names his price(ish) for Killie

vanNISHtelroy
03-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Ronnie MacKay (Sun football writer):

Michael Johnston wants at least £1million for his shares in Kilmarnock. Outrageous.

Ayrshire Business Group said: "The group are collectively astonished by Mr Johnston’s valuation and shocked by his blatant profiteering. They have unanimously agreed that any such investment would be better utilised directly in the club. The group reiterated their strong belief that Mr Johnston should only be entitled to the £1 he paid for the shares in 2005,and they reject the exorbitant price stated by Mr Johnston.The group remains 100% committed in taking over the cash strapped club and building on the current momentum for regime change."

On top of that the Ayrshire Business Group would also be required to pay the ~£900k soft loans owed to former chairman Jamie Moffat.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Ronnie MacKay @RonnieMacKay
Michael Johnston wants at
least £1million for his shares in Kilmarnock. Outrageous.

Ronnie MacKay
@RonnieMacKay
Ayrshire Business Group said: "The group are collectively
astonished by Mr Johnston’s valuation and shocked by his blatant
profiteering."

ABG: "They have unanimously
agreed that any such investment would be better utilised directly in the club."

ABG: "The group reiterated their strong belief that Mr Johnston should only be entitled to the £1 he paid for the shares in 2005,and they reject the exorbitant price stated by Mr Johnston.

The group remains 100% committed in taking over the cash strapped club and building on the current momentum for regime change"

On top of that the Ayrshire Business Group would also be required to pay the ~£900k soft loans owed to former chairman Jamie Moffat

Maybe trying to raise some cash to have a bid for the Jamtards, fingers crossed :wink: Think Killie will be well shot if someone gets him out.

truehibernian
03-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Just hope the fans get their wish VanNish and get Johnston out.

On a lighter note I watched some of your youngsters in a game recently and have to say Killie youth sides have some right good players coming through the ranks. I watched one of the best midfielders (in youth football) I've seen in many many years a couple of months ago and the lad is only 13. Blonde haired lad, quite tall, very very composed and glided when he went forward. His name escapes me but what a prospect - plays No8 for Grange. Was told he was with Kilmarnock. If he progresses well you've a real real talent on your hands.

Kato
03-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Maybe trying to raise some cash to have a bid for the Jamtards, fingers crossed :wink: Think Killie will be well shot if someone gets him out.

Watch out. Two or three bake sales and a face painting day and the Jamboroids could buy your SPL Membership.

bobbyhibs1983
03-07-2013, 06:21 PM
I think if the guy owns killie he has a right to(rightly or wrongly) to say ok you wanna buy me out heres the price.

I guess its like anything, a house, car or whatever if somone wants to buy it you have the right to say ok heres the price.

i guess its the old saying "put up or shut up" and if you decide not to put up you may as well shut up

Jonnyboy
03-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Ronnie MacKay (Sun football writer):

Michael Johnston wants at least £1million for his shares in Kilmarnock. Outrageous.

Ayrshire Business Group said: "The group are collectively astonished by Mr Johnston’s valuation and shocked by his blatant profiteering. They have unanimously agreed that any such investment would be better utilised directly in the club. The group reiterated their strong belief that Mr Johnston should only be entitled to the £1 he paid for the shares in 2005,and they reject the exorbitant price stated by Mr Johnston.The group remains 100% committed in taking over the cash strapped club and building on the current momentum for regime change."

On top of that the Ayrshire Business Group would also be required to pay the ~£900k soft loans owed to former chairman Jamie Moffat.

Sorry Nishy but I stopped reading your post after spotting a blatant lie. Ronnie MacKay - writer :faf:

vanNISHtelroy
03-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Sorry Nishy but I stopped reading your post after spotting a blatant lie. Ronnie MacKay - writer :faf:

:wink:

That wasn't there until it got edited....I just copied and pasted from his twitter, never called him a writer! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-07-2013, 07:29 PM
:wink:

That wasn't there until it got edited....I just copied and pasted from his twitter, never called him a writer! :greengrin

:greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
05-07-2013, 06:33 AM
More from this particular "writer" on the subject:

BILL COSTLEY has shown SunSport proof Michael Johnston wants a staggering £2.5million to sell Kilmarnock.

The hotelier denied the Killie chairman’s claims he had asked for a seven figure sum to
sell.

Johnston told us he had not intimated a price for his shares if he were to sell as the Ayrshire Business Group claimed.

But Costley has shown SunSport the text message he says Johnston sent him after meeting him as
representative of the ABG who want the Troon lawyer out.

As the row continues with Marie Macklin keen to take control, ex-Killie chairman Costley brushed off Johnston’s comments.
He said: “I have a text from him to say otherwise.

“He said because I got 75p for my shares in 2002-2003 that would make his value for his shareholding £2.5m, which he’d be looking
for.

“He said in the text if Marie Macklin was as generous as Jamie Moffat was with me, then that was the sum of money he would require.

“I have not known many who have made any money in football. The likelihood of Michael getting that is zilch in my view.”

Johnston had also told SunSport he hadn’t met with anyone from the ABG which is headed by Killie Pie supremo John Gall.

Costley said: “I was asked by the group to speak to him.

“Marie Macklin was interested in buying the club and it was only establishing a figure.

“I presumed he’d walk with a couple of hundred grand. He also sent me a text a day later threatening me as I had signed a confidentiality agreement back in 2003.”

Baker Gall was happy with the group’s statement which revealed Johnston mentioned seven figures.

Gall said: “Michael knows the law so well that if our statement was untrue, he’d have a libel suit against us already.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4997855/Costleys-got-price... (http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4997855/Costleys-got-price)

Eyrie
05-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Best wishes for getting a better board in place.