PDA

View Full Version : Central Midfield 2013/14 (Part Two)

Cocaine&Caviar
03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
A lot of you will no doubt remember the previous thread I started with a poll for our preferred midfield either duo or trio, so I thought another was in order now we have a bit more clarity on the make up of the squad.

For the record, the previous thread saw

Taiwo 81%
Claros 77%
Craig 65%
Thomson 38%

Although I think the signing of Thomson indicates no Claros (in this window at least), the AN Other option is there.

brydekirk
03-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Has Thomson signed ?

Andy74
03-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Whoever is fit, in form and fits the formation or style we need to play that week. Nothing much more complicated than that.

Craig_in_Prague
03-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Whoever is fit, in form and fits the formation or style we need to play that week. Nothing much more complicated than that.

Yup
It's a long season and the good thing is the quality appears to be good with all midfielders, meaning we should be able to cope with any injuries/suspensions as well as have options depending on opposition.

There is no real need to vote on which 2 would start games, it will change naturally and as said, hopefully us remanining strong no matter who is playing on any particular day.

Hermit Crab
03-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Has Thomson signed ?

Not yet.

col02
03-07-2013, 09:12 AM
4-2-3-1 formation for me with Thomson and Tudor Jones protecting the defence with Craig, Taiwo and Harris providing the attacking threat from midfield in support to the lone front man. Robertson if he can get a good pre season to push for a starting berth hopefully.

GreenOnions
03-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Good thread to debate. Actually - it will be interesting to see what roles Pat has in mind for Tudur-Jones and Craig. I'm not really sure where they'll play.

Craig seems like an attacking midfielder but some say he plays centrally while others say he may play wider on the left. If it's wider - then would that include playing wide left in a midfield 5 (ie effectively a winger) or would it only be wide left in a midfield 4 (If anyone can work out what I'm trying to ask)?

Tudur-Jones has the look of a defensive central midfielder about him. Would others agree with this?

Andy74
03-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Good thread to debate. Actually - it will be interesting to see what roles Pat has in mind for Tudur-Jones and Craig. I'm not really sure where they'll play.

Craig seems like an attacking midfielder but some say he plays centrally while others say he may play wider on the left. If it's wider - then would that include playing wide left in a midfield 5 (ie effectively a winger) or would it only be wide left in a midfield 4 (If anyone can work out what I'm trying to ask)?

Tudur-Jones has the look of a defensive central midfielder about him. Would others agree with this?

Probabaly as they played on Saturday. OTJ as one of the central midfield two and Craig playing wide midfield. Him and Harris swapped quite often. With the likes of OTJ, Taiwo, Robertson and maybe Thomson I doubt Craig will play in the centre.

Gatecrasher
03-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Whoever is fit, in form and fits the formation or style we need to play that week. Nothing much more complicated than that.:agree: Pats no afraid to drop someone if theres a dip in form.

Brightside
03-07-2013, 09:51 AM
midfield 5 - two defensive CMs - Thomo - Taiwo. one attacking cm in OTJ. Craig and Harris swapping sides.

Cocaine&Caviar
03-07-2013, 09:54 AM
I believed OTJ to be a ball winner?

hibby rae
03-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Not yet.

Is he expected to sign?

frazeHFC
03-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Its good that there will be competition for places in centre mid, before last season that was our weak point for a few years. I am excited about the prospect of Taiwo and Craig together, very tidy players. Don't know too much about OTJ but Caley fans rate him and Thomson looked good last year and will only improve with a full pre-season.

Another winger and 2 strikers and I will be very optimistic about our squad for this season. :agree:

Forgot about Robertson too, I think he will improve this season with a full pre-season too, givsles added goal threat.

TheFamous1875
03-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Its good that there will be competition for places in centre mid, before last season that was our weak point for a few years. I am excited about the prospect of Taiwo and Craig together, very tidy players. Don't know too much about OTJ but Caley fans rate him and Thomson looked good last year and will only improve with a full pre-season.

Another winger and 2 strikers and I will be very optimistic about our squad for this season. :agree:

I really hope the other winger turns out to be Sammy Stanton. Only heard good things, more than I heard about Harris before I saw him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

J-C
03-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I really hope the other winger turns out to be Sammy Stanton. Only heard good things, more than I heard about Harris before I saw him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A central midfielder if I'm not mistaken?

Cocaine&Caviar
03-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Forgot about Robertson too, I think he will improve this season with a full pre-season too, givsles added goal threat.

Id still love to see us in for the Scougall lad at Livingston, or if not, then Zemmama.

Glesgahibby
03-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Thomson and Taiwo for me but still a bit early to see what Craig's role will be?
A lot will depend on striker/strikers who come in and if we buy any decent wide player/players?
One thing for sure central midfield looks impressive :agree:

DH1875
03-07-2013, 02:06 PM
OJT is a defensive type player. Why are so many folk talking of him playing an attacking role?????.

SmallvilleHibee
03-07-2013, 02:46 PM
If i were PF i would play 4231 with KT and Tudor-Jones playing defensive midfield. on the left I'd play Liam Craig or Pat McCourt (if we manage to sign him in the near future). In the middle we have to play Tom Taiwo and on the right Alex Harris. If we were to sign Zemmama i'd play him in the middle and push Taiwo to Defensive Midfield.

Hibby Kay-Yay
03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
DM - OTJ/Stevenson
DMV - Taiwo/(Thomson?)

RW - Harris
LW - Craig
AM - Robertson/Stanton/Horribine/Cairney

Cocaine&Caviar
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Dream scenario for me:

DM: Thomson, OTJ
CM: Taiwo, Robertson