PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Stanton

TheFamous1875
30-06-2013, 11:29 AM
How did he do yesterday? From what I could hear on HI he seemed really lively and made a big impression on the match when he came on for Harris.

JohnStephens91
30-06-2013, 11:33 AM
He was very good and looked hungry and eager to impress and almost scored but he hit the bar.

Pretty Boy
30-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Was lively and looked technically sound.

Reckon he'll play a part this season.

Northernhibee
30-06-2013, 11:50 AM
I think having yougsters like Stanton, Caldwell, Handling, Donaldson, Horribine, Forster and Harris will give us a bit of an edge this season.

They'll make mistakes what with the lack of experience so I hope that the crowd don't get on their backs but they'll give us that hunger to get results.

Capt Mainwaring
30-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Came on and played wide right. Always looked to drive forward and take the defender on.

Seems to have grown and filled out a bit physically

Definite prospect who should see more game time this season

Big Ed
30-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I think having yougsters like Stanton, Caldwell, Handling, Donaldson, Horribine, Forster and Harris will give us a bit of an edge this season.

They'll make mistakes what with the lack of experience so I hope that the crowd don't get on their backs but they'll give us that hunger to get results.

Unfortunately they won't all make it.

Equally unfortunately, they will get stick from the crowd.

I haven't seen enough of all of these guys play, but I really like the look of Harris, Stanton, Forster and Handling.

PeterboroHibee
30-06-2013, 12:56 PM

I haven't seen enough of all of these guys play, but I really like the look of Harris, Stanton, Forster and Handling.

Not sure thats true. Some fans will give them stick if they make mistakes, but from my experience fans are a lot more patient with homegrown players.

JohnStephens91
30-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Not sure thats true. Some fans will give them stick if they make mistakes, but from my experience fans are a lot more patient with homegrown players.

Stevenson, Hanlon and Wotherspoon all get plenty of stick. The guy who sat next to me last season would constantly berate these players as would others around me and so do a lot on here.

PeterboroHibee
30-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon and Wotherspoon all get plenty of stick. The guy who sat next to me last season would constantly berate these players as would others around me and so do a lot on here.

They arent just breaking into the team though. I disagree with the stick the players you mentioned get, but in the context of this it is quite a while since they were at the stage of the guys like Stanton. Hanlon made his first appearance 6 years ago, Spoony 4, and Stevenson 7!

SMAXXA
30-06-2013, 01:18 PM

They are hardly breaking into the team though are they? I think fans are very patient with young lads coming through, its when you are a season or 3 down the line and they are playing regularly with little progress fans start to vent their frustrations.

JohnStephens91
30-06-2013, 01:31 PM
They are hardly breaking into the team though are they? I think fans are very patient with young lads coming through, its when you are a season or 3 down the line and they are playing regularly with little progress fans start to vent their frustrations.

Nobody mentioned that they had to have only had a small number of games to not receive abuse. I think the criticism levelled at them is unfair, if you take Stevenson out of the equation Hanlon and Wotherspoon are both still young players and receive abuse. I give it until January before Handling or Caldwell starting getting it tight off the support.

SMAXXA
30-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Nobody mentioned that they had to have only had a small number of games to not receive abuse. I think the criticism levelled at them is unfair, if you take Stevenson out of the equation Hanlon and Wotherspoon are both still young players and receive abuse. I give it until January before Handling or Caldwell starting getting it tight off the support.

I don't, I think its justified due to their performances personally. That said I don't shout abuse at players I save my comments to discuss with other, shouting and abusing players doesn't do anyone any good.

ano hibby
30-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Stanton did look quite lively when he came on & unlike Caldwell & Handling in particular he at least tried to test the goalie. But it was only 20 mins in a very pre season encounter against Dumbarton.

He did look a bit taller than i had remembered although pretty slender.

Spike Mandela
30-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Could we be fielding a team with a younger average age than Hearts next year?:cb

Pretty Boy
30-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Could we be fielding a team with a younger average age than Hearts next year?:cb

Maybe younger but certainly not better.

A better crop of youngsters than Barcelona over at Tynecastle.

WindyMiller
30-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Maybe younger but certainly not better.

A better crop of youngsters than Barcelona over at Tynecastle.

Fairy nuff.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?sa=X&biw=1024&bih=469&tbm=isch&tbnid=-crR1oPQxqRsaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/formative/detail/article/video-this-weekend-s-five-best-youth-team-goals&docid=eYkFJg3Gg4_z5M&imgurl=http://media4.fcbarcelona.com/media/asset_publics/resources/000/033/438/size_640x360/tempfile.v1352218947.jpg20121106-23270-2kx8ap-0&w=640&h=360&ei=2G_QUcOqAvLE4gTvy4GYAg&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:2,s:0,i:88&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=168&tbnw=270&start=0&ndsp=8&tx=132&ty=99

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2013, 09:07 PM

Dont agree with this at all. In my experience it takes at least a season before that will happen to a home grown youngster breaking into the team .... The folk you sit beside must be pretty bloomin' harsh mate.

Up The Bracket
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
He looked like a very good, direct, skilful player, he was very unlucky not to score. Definitely think he can make a big impact next season.