PDA

View Full Version : New hibs clubstore (merged)

Brooster
23-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Is the shop open today? I can't seem to access official site on my phone?

Hiber-nation
23-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Is the shop open today? I can't seem to access official site on my phone?

Used to be 10-4 on Sundays Stevie. Opening times on the official site are blank...

Jamesie
23-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Used to be 10-4 on Sundays Stevie. Opening times on the official site are blank...

Was that all the time or only in the run up to Christmas though? :confused:

Hiber-nation
23-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Was that all the time or only in the run up to Christmas though? :confused:

That was when they were selling the new tops....might have changed.

MB62
23-06-2013, 12:15 PM
CLOSED, the staff deserve some time off :greengrin

Will be closing soon for over a week I believe for a total re-fit

sambajustice
23-06-2013, 01:18 PM
closed, the staff deserve some time off :greengrin

will be closing soon for over a week i believe for a total re-fit

mb62 r u itk??

:-)

MB62
23-06-2013, 01:57 PM
mb62 r u itk??

:-)

k :wink: :greengrin

PatHead
23-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Is it not becoming a Nike shop?

TamHibs
23-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Closes on 30th June for 10 days. Re-opens with the launch of the away kit on 10th July.

Hibby91
23-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Found this on the official site. From Monday 10 June, the Clubstore will revert back to normal opening times Monday -Saturday,10am-5pm until Saturday 29 June.
The new partnership introduces Nike into the Hibernian Family for the first time in the club's history and will see a Nike Hibernian Clubstore at Easter Road Stadium.
The complete refurbishment and rebrand will commence on Sunday 30 June and the new Clubstore*will re-open in early July with the launch of our new Away Kit for the 13/14 Season

Brooster
23-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks folks.

spike220
24-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Is the shop open today? I can't seem to access official site on my phone?Let us know if it has improved

Squealing pig
24-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Noticed there's a 20 quid club voucher for sale on eBay. # just sayin

Hibernia Na Eir
29-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Interesting, just looked at Dundee Utd's online club shop (exact same Nike gear as Hibs) and they are cheaper! Example, the therma fit hoody is £5 cheaper if your an Arab! WTF is that all about?!! Same gear, just a different badge. :confused:

Come on Hibs/Nike.

Togs91
30-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, cant seem to find the thread, but does nayone know the opening hours of the new clubstore? They havent posted them on the website, cheers!

Billy Whizz
30-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, cant seem to find the thread, but does nayone know the opening hours of the new clubstore? They havent posted them on the website, cheers!

It closed on Saturday for refurbishment, and reopens again on Friday 12th July I believe

Togs91
30-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Cheers!

Gatecrasher
30-06-2013, 09:42 AM
are they still taking online orders?

Billy Whizz
30-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Give it a go, and see what happens

Eyrie
30-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Strange time to do the refurbishment to be honest - would have thought it would have made more sense to close for the first couple of weeks of June and then re-open in time to unveil the new home strip.

nellio
30-06-2013, 09:48 AM

Pretty sure they are pal. http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130626/saturday-5pm-clubstore-closes_2262950_3220717

Nelly070
30-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I was in yesterday and as usual, no kids socks ! They said you can order online from next Monday 8th July as the online store is being 'refurbished' aswell !

LancashireHibby
30-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Struck me as odd when seeing the initial announcement as surely it's peak time for replica sales. Was going to make a trip up to make sure I get the right size home shirt but I suppose I might as well risk ordering online so that I have it in time for Malmö*.

*fingers crossed

3pm
30-06-2013, 10:16 AM
The Nike leisurewear is really smart IMO.

Pretty Boy
30-06-2013, 10:20 AM
I'd imagine the reopening will be at the unveiling of the new away kit.

LancashireHibby
30-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Anyone else found that the new online store is frustratingly slow? Taking an age trying to order the new home shirt in two different sizes.

nonshinyfinish
30-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Anyone else found that the new online store is frustratingly slow? Taking an age trying to order the new home shirt in two different sizes.

Ordered and received mine (XL Boys - according to Nike I have the physique of a child :greengrin) without any problem.

Jay
30-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Ordered and received mine (XL Boys - according to Nike I have the physique of a child :greengrin) without any problem.

How small are you? My 16 year old beanpole of a son wears medium mans! :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
30-06-2013, 10:39 PM
How small are you? My 16 year old beanpole of a son wears medium mans! :greengrin

In the new kit? The Puma stuff was significantly smaller - I'd say the Nike boys XL is bigger than the Puma adult S from last season.

I'm fairly slight, but not absurdly so. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Hows it no open the day ?

LancashireHibby
01-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Was REALLY slow last night but just managed to order a couple of shirts now ready for the Europa :thumbsup:

Jay
01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
In the new kit? The Puma stuff was significantly smaller - I'd say the Nike boys XL is bigger than the Puma adult S from last season.

I'm fairly slight, but not absurdly so. :greengrin

I'm just jealous I couldnt pay kids prices :greengrin The medium mans is roomy but the small would defo have been too wee.

Bristolhibby
01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Definitely go a size down from last seasons Puma.

J

Pete
02-07-2013, 04:27 AM
I don't like criticising the club but this "launch" has been a farce.
I can't make it to the shop so I want to buy a full kit for a six year old online. All the other clubs who have Nike gear have the mini kits for 6-7 year olds that are a little cheaper. For some reason we have no mini kits at all in stock. Fine, maybe six year olds are covered in the boys sizes...all I'm getting online is sizes like SB and XSB which mean absolutey nothing to me. There aren't even any chest measurements to help you. Even if you do manage to buy the right sized shirt and shorts there are no effing socks!!

I can understand there being teething troubles with the change of manufacturer but to have the shop closed for the first two weeks in July is ridiculous. Hibs customers are from Edinburgh and these two weeks are the start of the trades fortnight and school holidays. If they are going to close a shop for two weeks why not do it a lot sooner?

I really don't see why we can't have one kit, home or away, launched and comprehensively stocked in time for the start of the school holidays. Other clubs manage it fine.

Apparently they are taking orders online but when will they be shipped? I'm embarrassed to even talk about the website as it looks unprofessional, has a woeful lay out and has obvious spelling mistakes

No doubt they will get their act together eventually but for some it will be a bit too late.
Really, really poor.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-07-2013, 06:03 AM
here's hoping the new stock will be better than the initial batch, which I thought was very poor. Clothing struck me as being put together very quickly with cheapest materials/quality (apart from the strip, which is very good). Somehow, I think the new shop will be stocking the same keek. Hope I'm wrong though!

Bristolhibby
02-07-2013, 06:44 AM
My old man bought a black cotton Nike polo shirt which is very nice. I would like one.

I agree the planning seems mental. This should be the busiest time if the year, instead people are restricted to guess work on a very poor website.

Why not do the renovation right after the Cup Final?

J

Brightside
02-07-2013, 07:09 AM
I don't like criticising the club but this "launch" has been a farce.
I can't make it to the shop so I want to buy a full kit for a six year old online. All the other clubs who have Nike gear have the mini kits for 6-7 year olds that are a little cheaper. For some reason we have no mini kits at all in stock. Fine, maybe six year olds are covered in the boys sizes...all I'm getting online is sizes like SB and XSB which mean absolutey nothing to me. There aren't even any chest measurements to help you. Even if you do manage to buy the right sized shirt and shorts there are no effing socks!!

I can understand there being teething troubles with the change of manufacturer but to have the shop closed for the first two weeks in July is ridiculous. Hibs customers are from Edinburgh and these two weeks are the start of the trades fortnight and school holidays. If they are going to close a shop for two weeks why not do it a lot sooner?

I really don't see why we can't have one kit, home or away, launched and comprehensively stocked in time for the start of the school holidays. Other clubs manage it fine.

Apparently they are taking orders online but when will they be shipped? I'm embarrassed to even talk about the website as it looks unprofessional, has a woeful lay out and has obvious spelling mistakes

No doubt they will get their act together eventually but for some it will be a bit too late.
Really, really poor.

A quick google of XSB size chart will sort you out. Thats standard naming for kids football gear. FYI XSB is about right for a normal sized 7/8 yr old.

SIZE CHEST WAIST
XSB 22/24" 20/21"
SB 25/27" 22/23"
MB 28/30" 24/25"
LB 31/33" 26/27"
XLB 34/36" 28/29"
XS 34/36"
S 36/38" 28/29"
M 38/40" 30/32"
L 41/43" 33/35"
XL 44/46" 36/38"
XXL 47/49" 39/41"
XXXL 49/50"

Gatecrasher
02-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Give it a go, and see what happens

ordered 3 tops, lets see what happens :greengrin

MB62
02-07-2013, 08:59 AM
My old man bought a black cotton Nike polo shirt which is very nice. I would like one.

I agree the planning seems mental. This should be the busiest time if the year, instead people are restricted to guess work on a very poor website.

Why not do the renovation right after the Cup Final?
J

Because it is now a NIKE shop and they didn't take control until June 1st I believe and it is NIKE that is doing the re-fit NOT HIBS.

Craig_in_Prague
02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Has anyone bought this and got positive/negative comments on it?
Thinking of 'requesting' it for my birthday, need to decide within the next few days......
this or the new strip, but will be back in August anyway to pick up more things, but like the look of this:

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/hb-141-expr-core-trainer-jkt-adult#prettyPhoto

MB62
02-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Thinking of 'requesting' it for my birthday, need to decide within the next few days......
this or the new strip, but will be back in August anyway to pick up more things, but like the look of this:

http://www.hibernianclubstore.co.uk/hb-141-expr-core-trainer-jkt-adult#prettyPhoto

Looks smart :thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Because it is now a NIKE shop and they didn't take control until June 1st I believe and it is NIKE that is doing the re-fit NOT HIBS.

They could have done the refurb, just not hung any swooshes until 1st June. 1st of June which BTW was over a month ago. Why not start then?

J

lord bunberry
02-07-2013, 01:47 PM
I would imagine the shop is closed now because it's a traditionally quiet time with lots of people away on holiday

MB62
02-07-2013, 01:58 PM
They could have done the refurb, just not hung any swooshes until 1st June. 1st of June which BTW was over a month ago. Why not start then?
J

You would need to ask NIKE, it is their shop for the next year. Hibs, I would imagine, will now only be getting a small precentage of the sales from the shop.

Bristolhibby
02-07-2013, 02:15 PM
You would need to ask NIKE, it is their shop for the next year. Hibs, I would imagine, will now only be getting a small precentage of the sales from the shop.

Yes thats what I'm saying should have happened.

Nike - Right we're going to refurbish the shop so it looks like a Nike shop.

Hibs - When will this work start?

Nike - End of June/Start of July.

Hibs - Erm, why dont you delay the launch of the strip, do the refurb from the 1st of June, then have a shop/home & away launch at the same time, say last week in June. That way you can pick up on the Summer holiday sales and have tiume to get the website running correctly?

J

SMAXXA
02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Yes thats what I'm saying should have happened.

Nike - Right we're going to refurbish the shop so it looks like a Nike shop.

Hibs - When will this work start?

Nike - End of June/Start of July.

Hibs - Erm, why dont you delay the launch of the strip, do the refurb from the 1st of June, then have a shop/home & away launch at the same time, say last week in June. That way you can pick up on the Summer holiday sales and have tiume to get the website running correctly?

J

Too much excitement at once, you want to drag it out a bit, nae signings to look forward to but the shop and away strip launch :greengrin

MB62
02-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Too much excitement at once, you want to drag it out a bit, nae signings to look forward to but the shop and away strip launch :greengrin

:agree:
Seriously, this is exactly what the plan would be. Launch the home top first, get folk in buying it, do a shop refurb then to get people back in to the shop, launch the away strip. The time period in between also gives people a wee chance to maybe save a few quid if they wanted to buy both home and away where launching both at the same time might restrict peoples finances to buying only one or other.

I really think they have got it spot on from a marketing point of view.

Bristolhibby
02-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Im not particularly bothered, I've got my shirt as my old man was up in Edina last week and bought it for me.

Just thought this could have been handled a bit slicker. even selling shirts from the Ticket Office for example.

Just an idea.

Still, what do I know.

J

one day maybe...
02-07-2013, 04:02 PM
here's hoping the new stock will be better than the initial batch, which I thought was very poor. Clothing struck me as being put together very quickly with cheapest materials/quality (apart from the strip, which is very good). Somehow, I think the new shop will be stocking the same keek. Hope I'm wrong though!

I whole heartedly agree, the range is poor and the prices are to inflated. I would pay money for a better quality garment, but not for the substandard garments I saw in the shop last Thursday, very very poor IMO.

hibee_nation
02-07-2013, 05:40 PM

I bought one. Nice piece of kit. :thumbsup: from me.

SteveHFC
02-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Does the new away kit come out next weekend?

Craig_in_Prague
02-07-2013, 06:23 PM
I bought one. Nice piece of kit. :thumbsup: from me.

cheers!

Will end up getting this + new strip, but was waiting to see the away top 1st... dont know why but I generally buy away tops over the home, but do like the new home, so the away will need to be v.good

Jamesie
02-07-2013, 06:48 PM

Agreed. I like the green rain jacket but aside from that there is far too much cheap and shiny polyester going on for me - for the price you're paying the quality is awful.

Jamesie
02-07-2013, 06:51 PM

I liked the look of it too but when I saw it in the flesh was not impressed at all. That kind of itchy-scratchy polyester mix material that I hate.

Craig_in_Prague
02-07-2013, 06:54 PM
I liked the look of it too but when I saw it in the flesh was not impressed at all. That kind of itchy-scratchy polyester mix material that I hate.

Uh.....

and @ nearly 50 quid you would expect quality.

MrRobot
02-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Reckon Ill be an XLB for this year, can you not get it in the junior with the sponsor on it?

nonshinyfinish
02-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Reckon Ill be an XLB for this year, can you not get it in the junior with the sponsor on it?

Nope, but you'll look classy, unlike the mindless slaves to capitalism shuffling around in the adult tops. :wink:

Thing that annoys me is that they haven't done a long sleeve version of the junior top.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-07-2013, 07:51 PM

aye, I tried a training top on and I've never wanted to remove one so quickly! horrible, cheap feeling polyester material. £22, for a crap quality polyester top? no ta!
LCS and Puma gear were both infinitely better quality than Nike, IMO.

MrRobot
03-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Nope, but you'll look classy, unlike the mindless slaves to capitalism shuffling around in the adult tops. :wink:

Thing that annoys me is that they haven't done a long sleeve version of the junior top.

Don't understand that either. Long sleeve tops are usually very popular too.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Does the new away kit come out next weekend?

apparently so.

NAE NOOKIE
05-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Is the ticket office still open though? Want to swap seats for next season

Stuarty27
06-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know if it's open today/ what time it shuts??

Spike Mandela
06-07-2013, 11:12 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130626/saturday-5pm-clubstore-closes_2262950_3220717

ruthven_raiders
06-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know that with last seasons card now redundant and the new season cards available before Europa tie, do we have to collect them from famous five stand or are they delivered?

Billy Whizz
06-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know that with last seasons card now redundant and the new season cards available before Europa tie, do we have to collect them from famous five stand or are they delivered?

If you had a season ticket last season and renewed, you will use the same card, as its added to it

TamHibs
06-07-2013, 03:49 PM
If you had a season ticket last season and renewed, you will use the same card, as its added to it

Everyone gets new season ticket cards this year, Hibs have already stated we will have the new cards before the Europa League game.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Everyone gets new season ticket cards this year, Hibs have already stated we will have the new cards before the Europa League game.

Since when? I've had the same card for a few years now

TamHibs
06-07-2013, 04:49 PM

It was announced a couple of months back. The cards are being refreshed so that's why everybody irrespective of renewals or new will be getting one.

Billy Whizz
06-07-2013, 05:08 PM
It was announced a couple of months back. The cards are being refreshed so that's why everybody irrespective of renewals or new will be getting one.

I must have missed that, as I thought my new season ticket was being added to my card

PerfectlyFranck
07-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Although I still have reservations about the kits overall, the colour for the home shirt is fantastic.

It's great to have a new online store. The training gear under 'Training' looks great; the training gear under 'Apparel' not so much.
Kits aside, the price difference between Nike's Hibs-branded clothing and the stock Nike clothing is vast.

Obviously, I'd rather pay the bit extra to Hibs but a £46 l/s Home Shirt is insane for what you're buying.
For people buying from afar and wondering about sizes, you may find yourself wanting a size smaller compared to Puma's sportswear.

down-the-slope
07-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Although I still have reservations about the kits overall, the colour for the home shirt is fantastic.

It's great to have a new online store. The training gear under 'Training' looks great; the training gear under 'Apparel' not so much.
Kits aside, the price difference between Nike's Hibs-branded clothing and the stock Nike clothing is vast.

Obviously, I'd rather pay the bit extra to Hibs but a £46 l/s Home Shirt is insane for what you're buying.
For people buying from afar and wondering about sizes, you may find yourself wanting a size smaller compared to Puma's sportswear.

That should make those looking for XXXL happy that they are now an XXL :wink:

MB62
08-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I wonder if we will get any tops emblazoned with Andy Murray 07-07 on them :thumbsup:

3pm
08-07-2013, 11:46 AM
I wonder if we will get any tops emblazoned with Andy Murray 07-07 on them :thumbsup:

I am considering 'Minus' and '15' on mine.

1 and 5 is all the rage on the West side of town so I am joining in.

EH6 Hibby
08-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Has it been confirmed that the away strip is being launched on Friday? When I asked in the shop I was told the 10th to coincide with the shop reopening. There's nothing on the website yet and I would have expected it to on there by now if it was Wednesday.

YehButNoBut
08-07-2013, 03:38 PM

Not quite but still looks good. :thumbsup:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOqNo5BCIAA-XSx.jpg

PerfectlyFranck
08-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Not quite but still looks good. :thumbsup:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOqNo5BCIAA-XSx.jpg

The name & number look very odd that far down the shirt.
I don't imagine Murray's sponsors would be very pleased if they seen this… :greengrin

Gatecrasher
09-07-2013, 06:44 AM
ordered 3 tops, lets see what happens :greengrin
Money is out of my account and still not arrived, they have a cheek asking for £5 delivery :rolleyes:. Is it the folk in the actual store that send the tops or is it this company they have paired up with?

MB62
09-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Has it been confirmed that the away strip is being launched on Friday? When I asked in the shop I was told the 10th to coincide with the shop reopening. There's nothing on the website yet and I would have expected it to on there by now if it was Wednesday.

Shop opens tomorrow to coincide with the launch of the new away strip.

EH6 Hibby
09-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Shop opens tomorrow to coincide with the launch of the new away strip.

Thanks! That's what I was told, just started to doubt it after reading this thread.

hibsfan
10-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Away on holiday and quite interested... Especially after them saying it was 'completely different'

California-Hibs
10-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Same here, would love to see some shots of the new store?

CalgaryHibs
10-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Same here, would love to see some shots of the new store?

Ditto!

Thought the main website would have something? But no?

Jonnyboy
10-07-2013, 09:11 PM

The new season tickets are of a 'smart card' design with a computer chip just like a credit card. It's programmed to give you a nasty shock if you boo, call any Hibs players nasty names or bump your gums on here in a negative manner :greengrin

ManBearPig
10-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Anyone been to refurbished store yet? Any big differences?

Hedlund12
10-07-2013, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Gatecrasher;3668299]Money is out of my account and still not arrived, they have a cheek asking for £5 delivery :rolleyes:. Is it the folk in the actual store that send the tops or is it this company they have paired up with?[/QUOTE

Can you please let me know if and when you get a reply to your post please? I placed an order online on Sat 29th June as (after a trip into ER) shop did not stock small boys socks. I hoped to get them and additional kit for my sons SFA training course the following week. A week and a half later and I still haven't received my order. Sent two emails to hfcclubshop@justsport-group.com before I got a response today advising "We apologise for any delays as we have been dealing with a very high volume of orders!" They didn't answer my question regarding whether orders were sent from the club store or a central supplier..... Not a very good service IMO - had quicker deliveries when ordering from the States and China!! :I'm waiti

Billy Whizz
10-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Anyone been to refurbished store yet? Any big differences?

I was there today. Doesn't look to be too much of a difference, although the store has had a make over. Still waiting on some Nike lines to come in

Waxy
13-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Anyone got a top this week?
Do they have the full set of number and letters now?

Waxy
13-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Anyone get a top this week?
know if they have all the numbers and letters in stock?
Appreciate.Thanks.

Hibby70
13-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Anyone got a top this week?
Do they have the full set of number and letters now?

Rachel Riley is in store picking the letters of the shelf for you. Rod has seen sales go up 400%.

This weeks conundrum is L N I U Q A O I T D I

SheriffLobo
13-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Rachel Riley is in store picking the letters of the shelf for you. Rod has seen sales go up 400%.

This weeks conundrum is L N I U Q A O I T D I

I can't get it but I am sure hearts will....

Waxy
13-07-2013, 10:27 AM
And their new ground

GTAUHOSN LECOUSERN

.Louise.
13-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah they have all numbers and letters.

Waxy
13-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Yeah they have all numbers and letters.Thanks.I'd almost given up hope of a reply.

Waxy
13-07-2013, 04:25 PM
£14 flat fee for 5 letters and a number.
Felt violated and had to get straight home for a shower.
Robbery of a different kind.

sbell1875
14-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Could be worse. My mate paid over £50 just for the new minging Celtic top. No name or number or SPFL patches. We have it bad but they have it infinitely worse...cos they're new top is minging.

SkintHibby
14-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Could be worse. My mate paid over £50 just for the new minging Celtic top. No name or number or SPFL patches. We have it bad but they have it infinitely worse...cos they're new top is minging.

There appears to be only two versions of English taught in school now. American English and s***e English.

Cocaine&Caviar
17-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Was in today, absolute joke.

No Medium or Large home shirts, only thing they had was XXL or XXXL.

No training tops above Small, with the exception of a XXL, literally 5 hanging on the shelves.

JOKE, JOKE, JOKE.

Was planning on spending £60 theyve missed out on.

Saorsa
17-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Was in today, absolute joke.

No Medium or Large home shirts, only thing they had was XXL or XXXL.

No training tops above Small, with the exception of a XXL, literally 5 hanging on the shelves.

JOKE, JOKE, JOKE.

Was planning on spending £60 theyve missed out on.Are you sure about 3XL? I was telt Nike wouldnae be doing anything above 2XL for Hibs

Cocaine&Caviar
17-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Are you sure about 3XL? I was telt Nike wouldnae be doing anything above 2XL for Hibs

May very well have been XL and XXL, sorry.

Saorsa
17-07-2013, 05:47 PM
May very well have been XL and XXL, sorry.Thought it might be :aok: the info and explanation I got was from Russell Smith so I doubt it would be wrong.

jeffers
17-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I was in today around lunchtime. C&C is correct re training tops in that there were not many, only 5 of the plain green one in XL & XXL. I'm hoping stock is low 'cos they have been selling loads........

Thecat23
17-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I was in the other day, no more than a few shelves moved around and a lick of paint with new Nike logos. Also aren't doing the away kit in the Mimi kits for kids. Not being funny but whoever is in charge of all that side of stuff should be sacked. Every year it's the same.

They can ram it, I'll not buy anything that's for sure.

jeffers
17-07-2013, 05:58 PM
I was in the other day, no more than a few shelves moved around and a lick of paint with new Nike logos. Also aren't doing the away kit in the Mimi kits for kids. Not being funny but whoever is in charge of all that side of stuff should be sacked. Every year it's the same.

Tbh I couldn't work out myself what had been changed that needed the shop closed for so long. Still a big area with lots of empty space.

18/03/07
17-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Tbh I couldn't work out myself what had been changed that needed the shop closed for so long. Still a big area with lots of empty space.
Have to agree with this response,loads of empty areas/shelfs

3pm
18-07-2013, 10:36 AM
I remember Petrie at a Supporters Q&A at Sunnyside about 10 months ago saying 'we haven't quite got the shop right'. Said similar about the official site.

Appears nowt has changed or whether there have been any serious efforts to improve things.

Going down myself in an hour so will judge when I get there!

jacomo
18-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I remember Petrie at a Supporters Q&A at Sunnyside about 10 months ago saying 'we haven't quite got the shop right'. Said similar about the official site.

Appears nowt has changed or whether there have been any serious efforts to improve things.

Going down myself in an hour so will judge when I get there!

Well at least he sees there is a problem. Unfortunately the solution sounds rubbish.

The official site is poor, redesign was what 2 or 3 years ago? Far too cluttered, email marketing is wildly inconsistent - I can't think when I last had a communication direct from Hibs even though I am on the mailing list and ticket database. Last summer they did the McPake call-to-arms but despite there being a home tie against Malmo coming up, there's been nothing.

Presumably that match is sold out already aye?

Pete
19-07-2013, 03:00 AM

I was in yesterday asking about mini-kits and I was told that they should be arriving today. I asked why he said "should" and he said because they can't guarantee it and it hasn't been confirmed. I also asked how much they would cost and again, he didn't know. One thing he did know was that as you say, they are simply not bothering with the away kit!! I'm not blaming the young guy behind the counter but somebody needs to fill them in.

The home kit was launched weeks ago and I still can't believe they have nothing for young kids in yet. My sons birthday is in a few days and the plan was to buy him the home and away kit, which would have been possible any other season, but that won't be happening. I'm sick of chasing up the home kit and the away one isn't even available.
To be honest, I don't really care who makes the kit or even what it looks like. I just want to be able to buy it for my son and I at the same time. The previous two deals seem like a world away from this. You could get kits for women, young kids and big guys all under one roof...and even at other places as well. I hope the poor service hasn't gone unnoticed from the board and availability is put before pounds next time.

I certainly won't be buying an away top because I simply can't. What am I meant to say when my boy asks why he can't have the same top as daddy? That's nearly £100 you can subtract from the extra you got by choosing this deal with Nike.

I won't be buying this home mini-kit automatically either. Nike have decided that they aren't making enough money from kits so have changed their manufacturing process. Instead of embroidering the badge and swoosh on the top they are using heat transfers instead on all mini-kits from this year. Go to somewhere like sports direct and have a look at all the big teams kits and see how cheap and nasty they are. If the hibs kit is like this they can forget it. I feel conned enough shelling out £40 but for Nike to go down this road is too far. Not only that but if the kit is like that then they'll be losing out on me buying my home top for the reason I stated earlier.

Come back le coq or puma, all is forgiven.

On a positive note, there are plenty of those lynx bear things with the sunglasses in stock.:greengrin

Jonny1875
20-07-2013, 06:12 PM
I ordered the home shirt in Small on Tuesday and it still says processing in order status and with previous reply's saying they didnt see any sizes apart from the XL etc im wondering is there any chance of it getting her by the 30th?

When i phone the shop they don't answer either!:confused:

hibee
22-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Just been in again looking for kids socks for the home strip, still nothing smaller than an adults size 5-7, the staff said they get a delivery every day but don't know what's coming in until they open it. The guy I spoke to couldn't have been less interested if he tried, pretty pathetic all round really. Wish I hadn't bought the top and shorts now.

Pretty Boy
22-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Just been in again looking for kids socks for the home strip, still nothing smaller than an adults size 5-7, the staff said they get a delivery every day but don't know what's coming in until they open it. The guy I spoke to couldn't have been less interested if he tried, pretty pathetic all round really. Wish I hadn't bought the top and shorts now.

The socks are just off the shelf teamwear socks.

Go on prodirectsoccer website and you'll get a pair no bother. Probably on the sportsdirect website as well.

Not advocating taking money away from Hibs but if we don't have what you want, it's definitely available elsewhere.

davhibby
22-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I ordered the home top Friday 12th and it still hasn't arrived yet! Would have just made time to get to ER if I knew this would happen

sambajustice
22-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Well there's probably only so much the shop staff can take of people going in and moaning about what there is and what there isnt.

I know for a fact that the shop staff dont know what they are getting until it comes through the door and have absolutely no control over, well, stock control. The shop dont order in the stock, they dont get to order in extra shorts, or more home large home strips, or a double amount of training tops if they are running low, their hands are completely tied and are probably just as P'd off as a lot of customers because its no fun when people are pssing and moaning at you all the time, especially when there's nothing you can do to rectify it. Take it up with the club or JustSport themselves.

Here's a story for you, a woman phoned up and asked if there were any shirts of a certain size for her son's birthday and if she could order one over the phone, the reply was that she could order one over the phone and collect but she didnt for some reason. She got to the shop and they were sold out and gave the shop staff a right bollocking, saying they'd ruined her son's birthday! Shirts came in the next day so the shop staff wrapped one up, drove out to the woman's house in Livingston and hand delivered it - i think it was the kids actual birthday that day.

i dont find that sort of service "pathetic all round" and i'm sure the shop staff concerned were not "less than interested" that they went to all that trouble!

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Something is wrong when it seems every year before the season even starts, folk cant buy shirts from the official store in their size?

Is it just me, should they not be ordering much more than they seem to predict we will sell? :confused:

Jones28
22-07-2013, 04:25 PM
This was always going to happen by going to Nike. They don't a toss about the smaller clubs: template kits, poor orders/stock control, no effort with training gear etc, no mini-kits and no consultation on design. Give me Puma or Le Coq Sportif any day, at least they seemed to care about us, the CUSTOMER!

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Was in the 'new' shop today picking up tickets for Thursday.

What was the reason for it closing? All that seems to have changed is that they've removed a few racks of clothes.

I would have had no idea it was a 'Nike' branded shop if I hadn't read about it on the website.

Also had the pleasure of listening to some fat foreign girl behind the ticket counter moan about people coming in to buy tickets?? Asking why didn't we come in last week??

Perhaps she was being delayed for her usual 8 course lunch? I don't know....

Pretty poor customer service tbh

hibee
22-07-2013, 06:13 PM
The socks are just off the shelf teamwear socks.

Go on prodirectsoccer website and you'll get a pair no bother. Probably on the sportsdirect website as well.

Not advocating taking money away from Hibs but if we don't have what you want, it's definitely available elsewhere.

Brilliant, thanks very much, ordered from Ebay for less than the shop charges, one happy child now!

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2013, 06:36 PM

What was the reason for it closing? All that seems to have changed is that they've removed a few racks of clothes.

I would have had no idea it was a 'Nike' branded shop if I hadn't read about it on the website.

Also had the pleasure of listening to some fat foreign girl behind the ticket counter moan about people coming in to buy tickets?? Asking why didn't we come in last week??

I agree about the shop, in fact it probably doesnt look as good as it did last season. The new Nike stuff looks and feels like its not made for the fuller figured gentleman ... just as well coz I'm too auld to be wearing replica tops.

As for the girl behind the ticket counter .... I would be willing to bet that staff in any shop have the same gripes when the sales are on or a new product comes in. If its the girl who served me today and many times before I have always found her to be pleasant and helpfull. I dont see any need to get personal.

hibb1
22-07-2013, 06:54 PM

The staff have no control over when and how long shop is closed,how much stock is in or in what sizes,To have a cheap pop at the lassie on the internet is pretty low..Did you ask her about her comments and why she said them or think why?or did you just decide to have cheap dig?

NOLA
22-07-2013, 07:04 PM
This was always going to happen by going to Nike. They don't a toss about the smaller clubs: template kits, poor orders/stock control, no effort with training gear etc, no mini-kits and no consultation on design. Give me Puma or Le Coq Sportif any day, at least they seemed to care about us, the CUSTOMER!
:agree: the LCS strips are still some of the best we have had durability and comfort wise, my daughters favourite was the black/silver 2007 strip or was it 2006? who cares lol, much better than this nike crap, big company big profit (for nike) they dont care either way cos they know the brand nike will sell regardless

SquashedFrogg
22-07-2013, 07:38 PM
The staff have no control over when and how long shop is closed,how much stock is in or in what sizes,To have a cheap pop at the lassie on the internet is pretty low..Did you ask her about her comments and why she said them or think why?or did you just decide to have cheap dig?

The staff have no control over when and how long shop is closed,

I never said they did :confused:

how much stock is in or in what sizes

I never mentioned anything about stock or sizes. :confused:

lassie on the internet

I was in the shop, not on the internet :confused:

My observation was that despite all the hype surrounding the club store 're-furb', I barely noticed any difference with the exception of it having less items for sale.

I'll help you out here mate and suggest you must have my post confused with someone elses... :rolleyes:

Did you ask her about her comments

Yes, I made 3 points to her:

(1) People can choose when they wish to purchase their tickets unless the club state specific dates.

(2) Her boss would be delighted to so many people in the shop buying tickets as there was at that time.

(3) She was being paid to sell tickets as it was her job.

Based on the aforementioned I feel entitled to have a 'cheap dig' after experiencing such a poor representation of the club I support.

hibee
22-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Well there's probably only so much the shop staff can take of people going in and moaning about what there is and what there isnt.

I know for a fact that the shop staff dont know what they are getting until it comes through the door and have absolutely no control over, well, stock control. The shop dont order in the stock, they dont get to order in extra shorts, or more home large home strips, or a double amount of training tops if they are running low, their hands are completely tied and are probably just as P'd off as a lot of customers because its no fun when people are pssing and moaning at you all the time, especially when there's nothing you can do to rectify it. Take it up with the club or JustSport themselves.

Here's a story for you, a woman phoned up and asked if there were any shirts of a certain size for her son's birthday and if she could order one over the phone, the reply was that she could order one over the phone and collect but she didnt for some reason. She got to the shop and they were sold out and gave the shop staff a right bollocking, saying they'd ruined her son's birthday! Shirts came in the next day so the shop staff wrapped one up, drove out to the woman's house in Livingston and hand delivered it - i think it was the kids actual birthday that day.

i dont find that sort of service "pathetic all round" and i'm sure the shop staff concerned were not "less than interested" that they went to all that trouble!

Nice story, I wasn't moaning though, politely asked if they had any socks and when they would be getting them in, maybe you only get good service if you shout at them!

hibb1
22-07-2013, 10:03 PM
The staff have no control over when and how long shop is closed,

I never said they did :confused:

how much stock is in or in what sizes

I never mentioned anything about stock or sizes. :confused:

lassie on the internet

I was in the shop, not on the internet :confused:

My observation was that despite all the hype surrounding the club store 're-furb', I barely noticed any difference with the exception of it having less items for sale.

I'll help you out here mate and suggest you must have my post confused with someone elses... :rolleyes:

Did you ask her about her comments

Yes, I made 3 points to her:

(1) People can choose when they wish to purchase their tickets unless the club state specific dates.

(2) Her boss would be delighted to so many people in the shop buying tickets as there was at that time.

(3) She was being paid to sell tickets as it was her job.

Based on the aforementioned I feel entitled to have a 'cheap dig' after experiencing such a poor representation of the club I support.

So because of the above its ok to call her a fat foreign girl and imply she would rather be having an 8 course meal than doing her job? The cheap dig on internet is what you done to the lassie not where the purchase was,fair enough rest was in general reply to peoples gripes about staff at store not you.
I am not your mate and im not confused thanks:greengrin,So at worst the lassie had bad day and felt like a moan and you decide to belittle her and slag off her weight and nationality online on a Hibs forum, the club you support aye

Jonnyboy
22-07-2013, 10:08 PM

Out of order there SF. I've dealt with that lass on numerous occasions and she's always been polite, helpful and professional. The personal insults say more about you than her mate

sambajustice
22-07-2013, 10:22 PM

You are a fud!

KeithTheHibby
22-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I want to take my son down to ER this weekend to get him the full strip and name and number on the back. It won't happen though as they won't have the stock. £70 for Hibs that they won't get. I refuse to only buy him the top or have him disappointed that part of the strip are missing.
I was down at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago, that's how you kit out a club store.

Beefster
23-07-2013, 07:55 AM

The last time I said on here that stock control wasn't rocket science and suggested that the manager in charge of retail needed replaced or retrained, I was firmly put in my place by a poster with LWT connections explaining it was all actually fine and that the manager in question had once worked for John Lewis (the internationally recognised badge of stock control honour). Apparently, "it's no' their fault" and everything at the shop would be just fine if it wasn't for us meddling, whinging kids.

The service staff in the shop are, in the main, great. As usual with things at Hibs, it's the management of the thing in question that honks like a Hearts' fan's bellend.

brian6-2
23-07-2013, 07:58 AM
to be fair to squashedfrogg but without the personal insults ive also had a run in with this wifey, on 2 occassions.

lets just say the club could do with putting her through a customer service course or something.

SquashedFrogg
23-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Ok,

On reflection I apologise for my comments relating to the girl behind the ticket counter. Clearly my chosen description was uncalled for and I now regret this and any offence it may have caused.

What I can say is that I was obviously very disappointed in the attitude of a paid member of staff. An attitude made clearly audible in front of many paying customers which included two guests of mine who were visiting the club store for the first time.

SquashedFrogg
23-07-2013, 08:25 AM
You are a fud!

Thanks for that detailed character analysis :aok:

SquashedFrogg
23-07-2013, 08:48 AM
So because of the above its ok to call her a fat foreign girl and imply she would rather be having an 8 course meal than doing her job? The cheap dig on internet is what you done to the lassie not where the purchase was,fair enough rest was in general reply to peoples gripes about staff at store not you.
I am not your mate and im not confused thanks:greengrin,So at worst the lassie had bad day and felt like a moan and you decide to belittle her and slag off her weight and nationality online on a Hibs forum, the club you support aye

The term 'mate' was a generic use of the word. Clearly I do not know you, nor do you know me so I'm not sure why you'd think I was claiming to be a friend of yours?

I've apologised for the phrase I used but should point out I did not 'slag off' her nationality.

As for having a bad day, that's perfectly understandable. We all have them. I'm just not sure having a 'moan' in front of people who have queued for over 30 minutes is an appropriate action. Particularly when the nature of the 'moan' is directly related to those standing in the queue.

Now, If she had been 'moaning' about her new shoes hurting her feet, or that her house had been flooded, I probably wouldn't have bothered too much. But to openly complain about what day people choose to come and buy their tickets is slightly different. In my opinion of course.

norhfc
23-07-2013, 09:09 AM
well I went last week to kit my 15 yr old out in the training top and a hoodie.
They only had sizes XL and Small....left with nothing which was really annoying
as I live abroad. Didnt notice any huge changes from my last visit either.

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2013, 09:45 AM
well I went last week to kit my 15 yr old out in the training top and a hoodie.
They only had sizes XL and Small....left with nothing which was really annoying
as I live abroad. Didnt notice any huge changes from my last visit either.

As i said before, FFS the season has not even started and the shop has run out of kit. That should be a sacking offence, its not like its the first time either. :rolleyes:

MB62
23-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I want to take my son down to ER this weekend to get him the full strip and name and number on the back. It won't happen though as they won't have the stock. £70 for Hibs that they won't get. I refuse to only buy him the top or have him disappointed that part of the strip are missing.
I was down at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago, that's how you kit out a club store.

Hibs don't get the sales now anyway, justsports will get it as it's their shop, Hibs will only, probably, get a small percentage of each sale I would imagine.
People/sales staff in the front line, who are generally low paid too, are the first ones to get it in the neck from irate punters when the reality is, it's got nothing to do with them, it's senior management hiding behind desks, taking large amount of cash as a salary who are to blame but remain faceless and let everybody else take the flak.
Staff who accept jobs in these places need to be aware that as the face/first point of contact, they will be the ones receiving the abuse, although it doesn't make it right. No way could I do a job like that as I would probably end up getting arrested for nutting somebody that moaned once too often, I prefer to be the moaner, just like I prefer to be drunk getting chucked out the pub rather than the barman doing the chucking :greengrin

Maybe next time you are in and not happy about something, ask the staff for the contact details of the SENIOR manager of this particular justsports shop so you can register your complaint with them. Maybe also send Rod an e-mail (for all the good that will do) and complain that since he sold the rights for the shop, it has gone down hill badly and it's time Hibs took control back of OUR shop.

Generally, I have found the shop staff pretty helpful, to the best of their ability.

Beefster
23-07-2013, 10:20 AM

I'd rather have an eight course meal than work so I didn't think that was much of an insult.

WeeSalty99
23-07-2013, 09:18 PM
The name & number look very odd that far down the shirt.
I don't imagine Murray's sponsors would be very pleased if they seen this… :greengrin

I dont think they can print it any higher because of the silly large crabbies logo on the back!

RyeSloan
23-07-2013, 09:57 PM
The last time I said on here that stock control wasn't rocket science and suggested that the manager in charge of retail needed replaced or retrained, I was firmly put in my place by a poster with LWT connections explaining it was all actually fine and that the manager in question had once worked for John Lewis (the internationally recognised badge of stock control honour). Apparently, "it's no' their fault" and everything at the shop would be just fine if it wasn't for us meddling, whinging kids.

The service staff in the shop are, in the main, great. As usual with things at Hibs, it's the management of the thing in question that honks like a Hearts' fan's bellend.

Considering the shop must be a significant revenue stream the stock issues must be costing us significant cash flow.

Seems you can order the socks off Ebay but Hibs can't manage to get any.....p poor really.

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Going by the posts on here and what I have seen of the shop and the stuff in it I for one am starting to hope that this Nike deal is for a year or something. As far as I can make out the scenario is that Hibs are supposed to be bloody grateful that the mighty Nike have lowered themselves to allow us to wear their kit and put some of their crap in our shop ..... which is now apparently their shop.

Their utter lack of imagination with the home top and their borefest of an away top make it look like they couldnt be arsed coz we arnt Man Utd or the Boston Red Sox or whatever other sporting giants they kit out. The fact that two weeks before the league kicks off it seems that folk cant get kids kit is pathetic.

hibbeedavid
24-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Going by the posts on here and what I have seen of the shop and the stuff in it I for one am starting to hope that this Nike deal is for a year or something. As far as I can make out the scenario is that Hibs are supposed to be bloody grateful that the mighty Nike have lowered themselves to allow us to wear their kit and put some of their crap in our shop ..... which is now apparently their shop.

Their utter lack of imagination with the home top and their borefest of an away top make it look like they couldnt be arsed coz we arnt Man Utd or the Boston Red Sox or whatever other sporting giants they kit out. The fact that two weeks before the league kicks off it seems that folk cant get kids kit is pathetic.

Unfortunately it runs for 4 years with Just Sport

MB62
24-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Considering the shop must be a significant revenue stream the stock issues must be costing us significant cash flow.
Seems you can order the socks off Ebay but Hibs can't manage to get any.....p poor really.

Nope, but it must be costing Just sports a significant cash flow.

jamieross
24-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Is the store open today?

Tried phoning a few times and it rings out or says busy? :confused:

gogs_t
24-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Is the store open today?

Tried phoning a few times and it rings out or says busy? :confused:

It is open today. Hope you're not after a medium away top as they had none at lunch time!

DH1875
24-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know if this means you can now buy our strips or even, just the tops in other nike stores?

hibbeedavid
24-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know if this means you can now buy our strips or even, just the tops in other nike stores?

Nike have no involvement with Hibs directly so Hibs stuff won't be in any of their stores

Pete
24-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately it runs for 4 years with Just Sport

If this is the case we should bin this Nike thing and go with avec for our team shirts. There might be more stock availability if we did this and there are some very smart designs on their website. There's three featured shirts on the front of their website I would take as our home, away and third right now.
If they are good enough for crystal palace, who will be playing in the premier league, surely we can't turn our nose up at them.

jamieross
24-07-2013, 04:44 PM
It is open today. Hope you're not after a medium away top as they had none at lunch time!

Damn, that's exactly what I ordered in long sleeve

Jamesie
26-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm led to believe that the Club Store had run out of the home shirt in large before Kick Off last night.

Our new, re-branded, purpose-built Club Store, closed for ten days to be re-fitted, during which time you would have expected plenty stock to have been sourced.

Before the first home game of the season with probably our largest home crowd of the season.

You really couldn't make it up. I wonder how many shirts they could have sold before KO last night that folk for some reason won't feel the urge to return to buy again when back in stock?

sambajustice
26-07-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm led to believe that the Club Store had run out of the home shirt in large before Kick Off last night.

Our new, re-branded, purpose-built Club Store, closed for ten days to be re-fitted, during which time you would have expected plenty stock to have been sourced.

Before the first home game of the season with probably our largest home crowd of the season.

You really couldn't make it up. I wonder how many shirts they could have sold before KO last night that folk for some reason won't feel the urge to return to buy again when back in stock?

Between 70-100

DanTheMan
26-07-2013, 06:01 PM
I still can't get a size small longsleeve away strip. Been to the shop three times. I called today and left my number they said they would call when one came in. No timescale though #whatajoke

Deek01
26-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Can anyone that's been in the shop since Wednesday tell me if they now have the home strip in size large in stock yet? Was told that they'd be getting a delivery of them in yesterday...

Jamesie
26-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Can anyone that's been in the shop since Wednesday tell me if they now have the home strip in size large in stock yet? Was told that they'd be getting a delivery of them in yesterday...

What exactly was going on when the shop was closed? Did nobody think to phone in a stock order? Total amateurs.

sambajustice
26-07-2013, 09:51 PM
What exactly was going on when the shop was closed? Did nobody think to phone in a stock order? Total amateurs.

if you'd bothered to read the thread at all you'd know exactly the story with what happens with the stock going into the shop. Clown.

Frazerbob
26-07-2013, 09:56 PM
if you'd bothered to read the thread at all you'd know exactly the story with what happens with the stock going into the shop. Clown.

I suppose it's better than "erse" and "tit".

If you'd be bothered to look at the thread title you would see the word "merged" in it. Jamesie started a thread after the game last night obviously not realising there was already a thread on the subject. No surprise really as it was probably at least a couple of pages back due to the number of post match threads.

Is there really any need for the personal abuse on this and your previous, now deleted post?

sambajustice
26-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I suppose it's better than "erse" and "tit".

If you'd be bothered to look at the thread title you would see the word "merged" in it. Jamesie started a thread after the game last night obviously not realising there was already a thread on the subject. No surprise really as it was probably at least a couple of pages back due to the number of post match threads.

Is there really any need for the personal abuse on this and your previosu, now deleted post?

Well, yeah!

The point stands. Read the thread, take it in.

Deek01
27-07-2013, 06:35 AM

I went to buy the strip in large on Wednesday and when I asked the boy about if what they had out was all they had he said they were getting a delivery in the next day but I got the impression he was lying just to avoid dealing with a pissed off customer.

I then asked if I could order it to be delivered then seeing as I was there, the boy responded with a lot of eh eh eh's so I just said I'd do it online then when I got home. Not holding much hope of getting the strip anytime soon.

Deek01
27-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Scratch the post above. New strip arrived this morning :thumbsup:

southfieldhibby
27-07-2013, 10:41 AM

As usual with things at Hibs, it's the management of the thing in question that honks like a Hearts' fan's bellend.

Cheers for that mental imagery.

Jonny1875
27-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Scratch the post above. New strip arrived this morning :thumbsup:

Count yourself lucky, i've been waiting 2 weeks :confused:

Jamesie
04-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Finally getting round to reading this thread from start to finish and I'm still none the wiser as to what happens with the stock going into the shop. I'm assuming from your posts you either work there or know someone that works there so care to enlighten me?

You might also wish to care to enlighten me as to why at 11am this morning I, as one of only two customers in the shop, was told that I would not be able to use the changing rooms to try on the home shirt in medium and in large on the basis that they're not open on match days due to thefts. It was suggested that I try on the shirts on the shop floor. When I pointed out that I had no desire to strip off on the shop floor and that I could give an assurance that I would not steal either of them and that the staff would be able to keep an eye on me given the lack of customers, this cut no ice with the shop assistant who clearly "knew the rules" and was intent on sticking to them and would not exercise any discretion. Apparently the manager wasn't around either to discuss.

At this point I put the shirts back on the rail and left the shop. Realising that at some point I would likely buy the shirt and I wanted to wear it today I went back a few minutes later, when thankfully common sense prevailed and I was finally able to use the changing room and went on to buy the shirt.

If this had been, say, a t-shirt from Next, I wouldn't have returned though and would have likely headed elsewhere for my purchase. Hibs are lucky fans have enough goodwill towards the brand to return when they're treated in the manner I was treated this morning.

Sadly from my perspective that goodwill is quickly running out, both through the on-field performances and the shocking customer service experience that I was subjected to this morning. The home shirt is the last item I'll buy from the Hibs shop this season.

Scouse Hibee
04-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Finally getting round to reading this thread from start to finish and I'm still none the wiser as to what happens with the stock going into the shop. I'm assuming from your posts you either work there or know someone that works there so care to enlighten me?

You might also wish to care to enlighten me as to why at 11am this morning I, as one of only two customers in the shop, was told that I would not be able to use the changing rooms to try on the home shirt in medium and in large on the basis that they're not open on match days due to thefts. It was suggested that I try on the shirts on the shop floor. When I pointed out that I had no desire to strip off on the shop floor and that I could give an assurance that I would not steal either of them and that the staff would be able to keep an eye on me given the lack of customers, this cut no ice with the shop assistant who clearly "knew the rules" and was intent on sticking to them and would not exercise any discretion. Apparently the manager wasn't around either to discuss.

At this point I put the shirts back on the rail and left the shop. Realising that at some point I would likely buy the shirt and I wanted to wear it today I went back a few minutes later, when thankfully common sense prevailed and I was finally able to use the changing room and went on to buy the shirt.

If this had been, say, a t-shirt from Next, I wouldn't have returned though and would have likely headed elsewhere for my purchase. Hibs are fans have enough goodwill to the brand return when they're treated in the manner I was treated this morning.

Sadly from my perspective that goodwill is quickly running out, both through the on-field performances and the shocking customer service experience that I was subjected to this morning. The home shirt is the last item I'll buy from the Hibs shop this season.

What a ****** joke, there's only one fitting room too so it's hardly difficult to control.