PDA

View Full Version : Question Over 35s at Meadowbank (Hibs community foundation)

Kris1875
30-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Me and my mate are going to this today for the first time , does anyone on here go ?

Hibby_Huddy
30-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Yup. It's good. It's obviously aimed at those of us who might not appreciate the pace of playing with young energetic scallys. We usually do a few warm up exercises, maybe some shooting practice and then a wee game. It's a good way to get some Sunday afternoon exercise. Hope to see you there.

Jamesie
30-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Yup. It's good. It's obviously aimed at those of us who might not appreciate the pace of playing with young energetic scallys. We usually do a few warm up exercises, maybe some shooting practice and then a wee game. It's a good way to get some Sunday afternoon exercise. Hope to see you there.

Anyone got a link to more info on this? I am 32 but with the fitness of a pensioner so could be interested :-)

Hibby_Huddy
30-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Sorry, I'm not great posting links from my phone. If you are on Facebook you can check out the Hibernian Community Foundation page or its @Hibernianincommunity on Twitter. I don't think the age issue will be a problem, nobody asks for ID. It's basically between 2pm and 3pm on the meadowbank astroturf (maybe inside if it's heavy rain). It costs £7, I think, which is really just a donation to the foundation.

Kris1875
30-06-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm 32 too the guy said it was fine looking forward too it !!

Smartie
30-06-2013, 10:11 AM
I quite fancy this.

Is it ok just to pitch up or do you have to let someone know first?

Do you just tend to meet at the side of the pitch?

Hibby_Huddy
30-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Just turn up. We'd usually meet beside the pitch. Just look for some young looking Olympians....... and walk right past them towards the non-athletic dudes in a selection of Hibs gear.