Wotherspiniesta
29-06-2013, 05:25 PM
We've been dire since Wotherspoon left.

Purehibee_MYB
29-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Been on a downward spiral ever since Deeks left.. Bring him back petrie! :grr:

hibee19
29-06-2013, 05:41 PM
I get the attempted humour but how many people have genuinely wanted him gone since the Falkirk game?

silverhibee
29-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Has he gone yet.

Purehibee_MYB
29-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I get the attempted humour but how many people have genuinely wanted him gone since the Falkirk game?

I'm happy with Fenlon, for at least the season ahead :agree:

Dunderhall
29-06-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm organising a rally, had enough.

It's in the Almond suite, a 70's theme night, need a volunteer DJ.
Raffle, bingo and face painting.

Proceeds to Fenlon Outa Hibs.

Zazu62
29-06-2013, 06:05 PM
:yawn:

hibee19
29-06-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm happy with Fenlon, for at least the season ahead :agree:

I'm content with him, this is the season he needs to prove himself.

IWasThere2016
29-06-2013, 06:10 PM

Nae cake baking? I'm out!

Dunderhall
29-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Nae cake baking? I'm out!
You can pledge a cake on our website. One cake, one vote.

We aim to have the website and pledge scheme running by Dec 2015.
We are backed by master bakers.

Pretty Boy
29-06-2013, 06:22 PM

Can I buy phantom shares in this rally? Will there be certifocates?

I'll pledge the contents of my kids savings account if there is.

Mr White
29-06-2013, 06:35 PM
****ing boooo!

Dunderhall
29-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Can I buy phantom shares in this rally? Will there be certifocates?

I'll pledge the contents of my kids savings account if there is.
I've consulted our legal and financial departments and despite their responses we will shares in advance or on the day.

Note there is face painting for every child who donates their piggy bank and next birthday present.
I'm paying to get both of mine painted.

Regrettably we can't issue certificates at the time of purchase.
We have outsourced the work to a company in never never land as our dot matrix one is playing up.

Hibbyradge
29-06-2013, 08:09 PM

Jack
29-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I think I'll be a wall flour for this bake sale.

Notahappyhibee
29-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I've wanted him gone since the queen of the south game !!! I'll never forgive for that, having the sheep ****gers signing 5 1 to us was unbearable. GGTTH !!!!!!

DAVE1875
29-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Get rid of the training centre :grr:

alibucharest
29-06-2013, 10:33 PM
No wins for 6 weeks!!:grr::grr::grr:

sesoim
30-06-2013, 01:43 AM

I never wanted him in. His tactics, his 4-5-1 formation packed with slow moving midfielders who keep on passing the ball sideways, his over reliance on Griffiths, his inability to sign decent attacking players, and more than anything, his poor league results compared to smaller teams with smaller budgets, have done nothing to change my mind. And yes, he would have went if we had lost to Falkirk.

Having said all that, if we can get a point off Ross County next season, I'm willing to accept he's the next Mourinho.

sesoim
30-06-2013, 01:50 AM
No wins for 6 weeks!!:grr::grr::grr:

I'm surprised some posters aren't congratulating him on not losing for six weeks.

Hibercelona
30-06-2013, 02:05 AM
I'm surprised some posters aren't congratulating him on not losing for six weeks.

The glass is half empty! :grr:

Lucius Apuleius
30-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Yeehah. Unbeaten in 6 weeks. :wink:

PS, I am well aware that is actually only 5 weeks. ;-)

Finbar
30-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Don't know what you all expect. He inherited a load of dross, needs at least another transfer window.

Pete
30-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Sarcasm only please. Can the real bed-wetters and doom merchants please wait for the season to actually kick off before starting all their moaning. :-)

spike220
30-06-2013, 08:29 AM
After this Saturday I can’t see how PF can stay. I was totally disgusted.

Player Ratings:

Williams - Didn't have a chance to prove himself.
Clancy - Didn't really get into the game,
McPake - Didn't do anything.
Hanlon - Totally invisible,
McGivern - Just couldn't see any contribution at all from him.
Claros - Didn't really turn up.
Harris - Was he even on the pitch?
Deegan - Totally absent.
Thomson - Was not involved in the game at all.
Griffiths - Went missing and may just as well have been at Wolves.
Doyle - No sign if any contribution.

Pat Fenlon, tactics were non-existent, no subs, no real formation what did he actually do? The players were obviously not motivated, they just didn't turn up and never got going!

After the most uneventful and least inspiring 90 minutes at Easter road it came as no surprise the attendance was 1, I would have organised a pitch invasion, given my disgust and the obvious apathy of the fans. And the fact that I had to climb over a wall to get in the stand took the biscuit, the catering was non-existent (just as well I brought my own pies), if they continue to treat the fans like this I can see folks not bothering with summer football at all!

GGTTH

Keith_M
30-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Sarcasm only please. Can the real bed-wetters and doom merchants please wait for the season to actually kick off before starting all their moaning. :-)

Sod off Happy Clapper!!!!!

Phil D. Rolls
30-06-2013, 08:56 AM

Maybe about 40 or 15.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Will it no be a bit dangerous driving cars about in The Almond Suite?

Dunderhall
30-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Will it no be a bit dangerous driving cars about in The Almond Suite?
Damn H&S these days.

I'm organising a Raleigh, had enough.
It's called Raleigh for our Leigh.

There is now a balloon artist, lots of hot air will be provided.
We are the only creditable solution out there.

Fenlon Outa Hibs.

Update.
we can't actually do credit cards.

Fergus52
30-06-2013, 11:57 PM
I never wanted him in. His tactics, his 4-5-1 formation packed with slow moving midfielders who keep on passing the ball sideways, his over reliance on Griffiths, his inability to sign decent attacking players, and more than anything, his poor league results compared to smaller teams with smaller budgets, have done nothing to change my mind. And yes, he would have went if we had lost to Falkirk.

Having said all that, if we can get a point off Ross County next season, I'm willing to accept he's the next Mourinho.

Agree completely :agree:.

Absolutely disgusted that some posters are turning this into a joke.

Pat Fenlon out, Tam McCourt in.

Hibee Ryan
01-07-2013, 12:42 AM
:fenlon :giruy:

Fenlon and Leigh have been fighting again :greengrin

Must be the final straw!

Kaiser_Sauzee
01-07-2013, 01:53 PM
After this Saturday I can’t see how PF can stay. I was totally disgusted.

Player Ratings:

Williams - Didn't have a chance to prove himself.
Clancy - Didn't really get into the game,
McPake - Didn't do anything.
Hanlon - Totally invisible,
McGivern - Just couldn't see any contribution at all from him.
Claros - Didn't really turn up.
Harris - Was he even on the pitch?
Deegan - Totally absent.
Thomson - Was not involved in the game at all.
Griffiths - Went missing and may just as well have been at Wolves.
Doyle - No sign if any contribution.

Pat Fenlon, tactics were non-existent, no subs, no real formation what did he actually do? The players were obviously not motivated, they just didn't turn up and never got going!

After the most uneventful and least inspiring 90 minutes at Easter road it came as no surprise the attendance was 1, I would have organised a pitch invasion, given my disgust and the obvious apathy of the fans. And the fact that I had to climb over a wall to get in the stand took the biscuit, the catering was non-existent (just as well I brought my own pies), if they continue to treat the fans like this I can see folks not bothering with summer football at all!

GGTTH

Class.

Keith_M
18-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Bump!

:greengrin

Sanger
18-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Any manager who can't beat a team top of their league half way through their season in a country ranked tens of places above the country that your team is from when he's trained them hard for four weeks and played big games against raith,Dumbarton and Gibraltar has to go!

BarneyK
18-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Any manager who can't beat a team top of their league half way through their season in a country ranked tens of places above the country that your team is from when he's trained them hard for four weeks and played big games against raith,Dumbarton and Gibraltar has to go!

:top marks

Emerald
18-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Well I don't see any future under him and I would be delighted if he did go. And sorry if I've hijacked this blow smoke up Paddy's arse thread :greengrin

I actually am serious by the f way!

HibeeBigFly
18-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I like the man but the pendulum is swinging towards the to go camp for me. Cup finals have masked some honking football and poor league finishes, also the signings so far have been baffling.

Would Mixu/Yogi have done worse? I doubt they would sadly. Firing these guys to quickly was a disaster and perhaps Fenlon deserves more time.

Mr White
18-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I like the man but the pendulum is swinging towards the to go camp for me. Cup finals have masked some honking football and poor league finishes, also the signings so far have been baffling.

Would Mixu/Yogi have done worse? I doubt they would sadly. Firing these guys to quickly was a disaster and perhaps Fenlon deserves more time.
firing yogi too soon? Really? We were going to go down if he'd stayed, he'd lost it.

Emerald
18-07-2013, 09:06 PM
firing yogi too soon? Really? We were going to go down if he'd stayed, he'd lost it.

We are a worse team under Fenlon though and he seems immiune to critisim from some and I have no idea why this is. I would welcome Mixu back now though!

Mr White
18-07-2013, 09:11 PM
We are a worse team under Fenlon though and he seems immiune to critisim from some and I have no idea why this is. I would welcome Mixu back now though!

I disagree about being worse now than in October 2010 but if we go on as bad a run in the next 10 games as Hughes did 3 years ago then Fenlon should go too imo.

bingo70
18-07-2013, 09:12 PM

Under Fenlon though we're heading in the right direction, under Yogi and Mixu we were heading down the way when they left. You need to look at the starting points as well, neither of them took over a team as bad as what Fenlon took over.

Fenlon shouldn't be immune from criticism, he does plenty things i don't like (too many defensive midfielders and Stevenson at RB for a start) but i don't think he's getting the credit he should be for improving the culture at the club and progressing the way we did last season. I realise the progress is too slow for some but as long as we're heading in the right direction everyone should be behind him IMO.

Pedantic_Hibee
18-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Behave. He's going nowhere and neither he should.

edinburghhibee
18-07-2013, 09:14 PM

So if this is the case and we were really taking Europe seriously why play against raith, Gibraltar and Dumbarton??? Why not play teams of a better standard for example wolves and Newcastle. These teams have been in Scotland we could have possibly have played them, instead pat chose to play the above mentioned teams and its backfired on him. If the players aren't up to match fitness yet that's surely a management problem, no???

bingo70
18-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I disagree about being worse now than in October 2010 but if we go on as bad a run in the next 10 games as Hughes did 3 years ago then Fenlon should go too imo.

I'm maybe getting mixed up but i think it was a lot worse than 10 games, was it not something like 2 or 3 wins out of 30 odd over the course of the end of one season and the start of the other?

CallumLaidlaw
18-07-2013, 09:18 PM
So if this is the case and we were really taking Europe seriously why play against raith, Gibraltar and Dumbarton??? Why not play teams of a better standard for example wolves and Newcastle. These teams have been in Scotland we could have possibly have played them, instead pat chose to play the above mentioned teams and its backfired on him. If the players aren't up to match fitness yet that's surely a management problem, no???

Funny how people choose to forget we played a decent Forest side.

DH1875
18-07-2013, 09:19 PM

Nonsense :rolleyes:.

harvthehibee
18-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Some people need to realise we are Hibs not Real Madrid, not much in the way of a budget playing and competing in a relatively poor league. To almost demand an away result at a team of Malmo's quality when they are top of their league and have been playing competitively for months is IMO ridiculous. Tactics were a little basic today but you work with what you have. Now if we finish low down the league again at the end of the year maybe then people can start to call for the manager's head, but there has undoubtedly been both an improvement in terms of player attitude and results with Fenlon. Unless everyone has forgotten Calderwood's laid back mince that nearly got us relegated?

:pfgwa

Dunderhall
18-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Guys,
Fenlon Outa Hibs is the only show in town.
We are trying to get Mike Crockart to front the bid.

Tell me you can't look at mike and not feel a movement coming on.
We are credible and transparent.
Give us your Pledge or Mr Sheen, we're not fussy.
We need to clean the tables after the last Raleigh.

Mr White
18-07-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm maybe getting mixed up but i think it was a lot worse than 10 games, was it not something like 2 or 3 wins out of 30 odd over the course of the end of one season and the start of the other?

Yes it was but I was just referring to the start of season 10/11.

Mr White
18-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Nonsense :rolleyes:.

Aye ok then :aok:

edinburghhibee
18-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Funny how people choose to forget we played a decent Forest side.

*Cough*I never forgot them that's why I never mentioned them with the other teams ;) Forrest have been the only half decent team and even then it was their first friendly back.

yekimevol
18-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Some people need to realise we are Hibs not Real Madrid, not much in the way of a budget playing and competing in a relatively poor league. To almost demand an away result at a team of Malmo's quality when they are top of their league and have been playing competitively for months is IMO ridiculous. Tactics were a little basic today but you work with what you have. Now if we finish low down the league again at the end of the year maybe then people can start to call for the manager's head, but there has undoubtedly been both an improvement in terms of player attitude and results with Fenlon. Unless everyone has forgotten Calderwood's laid back mince that nearly got us relegated?

:pfgwa

I Can't believe this thread is forcing me to agree with chazza on football, thats how bad it is. Fenlon arrived at the club when it was on its knee's, a terrible squad with no leadership or determination in playing staff nor coaching staff.

What has been fenlons goals since he arrived at the club, bear in mind what state it was in when he arrived ?

1st season - avoid relegation [succeeded]
2nd season -Mid table finish [succeeded]
this seasons target - top six finish.

On top of making his targets fenlon has taken us to back to back cup finals, these are bonuses and were not to be expected. Hibs were a three year project when he arrived, to take the whole club back to top four expectations every year due to the rot that had set in. The playing squad has improved vastly from when he arrived, with leaders, talent and the youth players getting a chance at first team football.

Im not saying the man is perfect, but he is far better than three of our last four managers.

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Emerald
18-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I Can't believe this thread is forcing me to agree with chazza on football, thats how bad it is. Fenlon arrived at the club when it was on its knee's, a terrible squad with no leadership or determination in playing staff nor coaching staff.

What has been fenlons goals since he arrived at the club, bear in mind what state it was in when he arrived ?

On top of making his targets fenlon has taken us to back to back cup finals, these are bonuses and were not to be expected. Hibs were a three year project when he arrived, to take the whole club back to top four expectations every year due to the rot that had set in. The playing squad has improved vastly from when he arrived, with leaders, talent and the youth players getting a chance at first team football.

Im not saying the man is perfect, but he is far better than three of our last four managers.

This is the sort of thing I really can't get my head around. He is easily 'one' of or worst managers in our history, or at least my lifetime (results wise), delivering our worst ever result I will never forget, yet some folk think he is the ff****** messiah. Where does this come from?

snooky
18-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Behave. He's going nowhere and neither he should.

You're probably right.....and he's taking us all with him. :tin hat:

Captain Trips
18-07-2013, 10:08 PM

This seasons target top 6? Really? Should it not be European place looking at top 4 finish not top 6 as that makes 5th and 6th acceptable? Or are you quite happy to wait until next season for top 3/4?

Fenlon has to be getting into top 3/4 this term there is no way that it should take all of this season as well just to be a top 6 club to then look at Euroupe for 2014/15 that is ridiculous length of time.

For me there is no top 6 that is just a bail out for some clubs as an achievment for me top 4 but with Hearts in trouble top 3 if he cannot manage that after 1 and a half seasons he isnt fit for job.

sixtwo
18-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Pat seems a nice guy. I really wish he would get it right but he struggles. He has had chances to impress but failed time and time again. He needs to step up to the mark soon.

3pm
18-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Not just based on tonight but I'd fire him.

Emerald
18-07-2013, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=poolman;3679896][/QUOTames of

I just want to see a good Hibs team out there and name calling me won't save Pat from the chop. Why are so many people so touchy about Fenlon, I'm really intrigued. He has done nothing before to convinve me and in my opinion has now signed a weaker team that failed last year. (Hibs supporter for 47 years). I'll be back

E10 Rifle
18-07-2013, 10:26 PM
They can't fire Pat, I've just had a tattoo of him done on my back !:loser:

Emerald
18-07-2013, 10:31 PM

On the bright side.........its on your back and this summer won't last :greengrin

Pray4Marc
18-07-2013, 10:31 PM
The negativity on this forum is incredible.

E10 Rifle
18-07-2013, 10:32 PM
On the bright side.........its on your back and this summer won't last :greengrin

:aok:

Hibbyradge
18-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I haven't read any of the posts on this thread and I don't intend to.

Just saying.

stoneyburn hibs
18-07-2013, 11:00 PM
It's our first competitive game of the season and some people are getting their knickers twisted.

Heisenberg
18-07-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't think he should go just yet. I think he should be allowed to finish his business in the transfer market then get a run at a few spl games. He really needs to realise Mcpake isn't good enough though.

Springbank
18-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Those who like PF, genuine q

What's plan B?

Plan A worked well for a while last season, but the first 45 of the semi saw a team of kids destroy our ultra cautious 451

Second half of semi we showed great character and pf made subs early

But since then I'm struggling to see what we do if we're 451 but go behind? The derby was sweet but pf does seem to be quite easily outwitted - a world removed from the Mowbray school of football

I just want to see good attacking football

I fear for what I'm going to watch (young Harris excepted) in 13/14

Paisley Hibby
18-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Not just based on tonight but I'd fire him.

Me too - I said in a post a few months back (just before the semi final) that even if we beat Falkirk in that game I'd still want us to get a new manager before the final because Pat just isn't good enough IMO. He was 45 minutes away from the sack in the semi and the PLAYERS got him out of jail. Nothing I've seen from him since has made me change my mind. There are other managers in the SPL getting much better performances from teams on much smaller budgets.

1875Hibees
18-07-2013, 11:34 PM
We are still in the tie.

spike220
18-07-2013, 11:39 PM
I might be alone but I am enjoying the PF ride so far, two SC finals and putting the Hearts away, I'd have given you my left arm for that under CC. We are making progress, this is first time in European Football in a while, what do you people expect, get behind the team!!!

gegs70
18-07-2013, 11:54 PM
I was a bit dispointed at the delay in bringing in striker or 2really have no option up front and bringing them in late doesnt give them a chance to get a decent chance to play/ train with his team mates!!!

Dashing Bob S
18-07-2013, 11:54 PM
My biggest criticism of Fenlon is that we are struggling for a striker and he ignores bringing Hibs legend Derek Riordan back to ER. And Garry O'Connor. That partnership would have torn Malmo apart.

connerg
19-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Looks Like Dundee Utd got a lucky escape and 200k still in their pocket. Fenlon is a poor man's Alex Miller. Deary me, he's an Irish League manager FFS.

HibeeB
19-07-2013, 12:21 AM
My biggest criticism of Fenlon is that we are struggling for a striker and he ignores bringing Hibs legend Derek Riordan back to ER. And Garry O'Connor. That partnership would have torn Malmo apart.

Yer a bad man :tsk tsk:

Just_Jimmy
19-07-2013, 12:33 AM
I like Pat. I really really want him to suceed but we're just SO negative. Its ***** to watch and devoid of ideas.

spike220
19-07-2013, 12:50 AM
My biggest criticism of Fenlon is that we are struggling for a striker and he ignores bringing Hibs legend Derek Riordan back to ER. And Garry O'Connor. That partnership would have torn Malmo apart. :top marks

J-C
19-07-2013, 12:59 AM
What I don't get is not playing Craig through the middle and Cairney wide left in the second half, specially when we needed a goal, to continue with 3 DM's was an injustice. I understand why playing 3 DM's but once you go 2 down, you have to start creating chances, which aint gonna happen with 3 DM's. He should've went 4-2-3-1 or even 4-4-1-1 to give us a chance.

Pete
19-07-2013, 01:46 AM

Good post but I'd maybe adjust this seasons target. The other two are reasonable but I think we should aiming for a comfortable top six finish which means none of this nail-biting at the split.
We only had ourselves to blame for missing the cut last year and the lines are so fine if you are in that bunch. You're right that the bar should be raised gradually and for me that's us being in that ICT/Motherwell/St Johnstone group who are fighting for Europe. We have a decent squad and are sorted in a lot of positions so if we can just strengthen in the key areas we can achieve big things. Hearts and Sevco are on their knees so there has never been a better chance.

joe breezy
19-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Hibs have to do well in Europe not just get in the top 6 of one of the worst top tier leagues in the world

Allant1981
19-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Hibs have to do well in Europe not just get in the top 6 of one of the worst top tier leagues in the world

You really think any team in scotland apart from celtic are going to do well in europe, our teams are gash compared to other countries so its about time we realised this, i agree though that we should be pushing for at least 2nd or 3rd this season, why set the target at only making the top 6

hibbill2002
19-07-2013, 05:43 AM
You really think any team in scotland apart from celtic are going to do well in europe, our teams are gash compared to other countries so its about time we realised this, i agree though that we should be pushing for at least 2nd or 3rd this season, why set the target at only making the top 6
St J's done no too bad last night.

Allant1981
19-07-2013, 05:46 AM

1 game goes for nothing, i meant actually do well in the competition. Scottish teams just arent good enough

Beefster
19-07-2013, 07:29 AM

Your targets are wrong. His target when he took over was 'top six'. His revised target last season (after failing the first target) was 'top six'.

Trying to say that the situation was Hibs saying "Right Pat, if you can get us into the top six within two and a half years, you're doing a cracking job" is just fantasyland stuff.

bob12345
19-07-2013, 07:32 AM

Others may criticise, but personally I think you deserve a pat on the back.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2013, 08:48 AM
I never called for their heads, but I was glad when Mixu and Yogi left - I was pleased to see the back of Calderwood, who was the worst manager we have ever had, and didn't even seem to take his job that seriously. I would truly despair if Pat left now, so it's just as well that the board won't even be close to considering his position at the moment.

I don't know for sure that he will get it right, but I do know that he has done well to take us to where we are given the all time low we were at, squad wise, when he took over. There is definitely some validity in some posters' views that he can be too negative at times (some of the football was horrendous), but to try and claim that that is what we are always like under him is completely inaccurate.

The only time I was about to lose faith in him was after leaving Tannadice after the 3-0 defeat there last season - I saw nothing to indicate that we were on the road to recovery after the worst day in our history, and felt completely dejected with very little hope for us. We then went on to win 7 and draw 3 of our next 12 games, playing some of the nicest football I have seen since the good days under Collins.

Anyone who discounts the fact that we played a team that was nearly half way through their season and top of the league in last night's game is not being fair, essentially we lost a very difficult game to strong favourites by 2 goals to nil, hardy a disgrace and certainly in no way an indicator of how we will fair against SPL opposition - yet the overreaction on here has been astonishing, and this place is full of predictions about how crap we will be (which seems to be the case when we are playing well also).

Our mid season slump cannot be ignored from last season, but our overall record was P 44 W 17 D 12 L 15, and we got to another cup final - there were many memorable results and performances over the course of the season too. I cannot see how anyone who truly believes that Fenlon should go now can possibly have the best interests of the club at heart.

Bottom 6 finishes for Hibs should never really be acceptable but to ignore mitigating circumstances is rash and unfair - we are much closer to where we want to be under Pat than we were when he took over, as exemplified by two cup finals, and finishing 4 places and 17 points better of in the league from one season to the next.

Make no mistake, we will have to get much closer this season (pushing top 3, more cup runs) in order for him to be deemed an overall success - but to class him as a failure at this stage is both stupid and wrong.

Eternal Hibbie
19-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I like Pat. I really really want him to suceed but we're just SO negative. Its ***** to watch and devoid of ideas.

Me too and couldn't agree more with this sentiment.

But I suppose we need to carry on for the time being, at the very least he's brought stability to the team and club as a whole.

Wished he could be a little more expansive though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The Leith Dutch
19-07-2013, 09:19 AM
The strategy of constantly getting rid of managers has played a huge part in getting us where we are today.

Aside from not being able to build on one man's tactical plan there's the inevitable revolving door of players leading to a squad that rarely knows each other and a dressing room without an embedded senior pro element that gives you guts and discipline in your team.

I'm not daft - clearly I have some doubts about Fenlon -
the lack of plan B, some poor signings and some questions about balance in his teams.

That said he took the most woeful Hibs set up I've ever seen and gave it some backbone and some element of being much harder to beat - 18 months ago we were watching Calderwood's joke team

Fenlon now deserves a full season to show he can add to that by adding some attacking purpose.

If nothing else it says we're prepared to give a manager a proper chance which, if we do decide to change, will be a major factor in atteacting a better manager.

Aldo
19-07-2013, 09:21 AM
I never called for their heads, but I was glad when Mixu and Yogi left - I was pleased to see the back of Calderwood, who was the worst manager we have ever had, and didn't even seem to take his job that seriously. I would truly despair if Pat left now, so it's just as well that the board won't even be close to considering his position at the moment.

I don't know for sure that he will get it right, but I do know that he has done well to take us to where we are given the all time low we were at, squad wise, when he took over. There is definitely some validity in some posters' views that he can be too negative at times (some of the football was horrendous), but to try and claim that that is what we are always like under him is completely inaccurate.

The only time I was about to lose faith in him was after leaving Tannadice after the 3-0 defeat there last season - I saw nothing to indicate that we were on the road to recovery after the worst day in our history, and felt completely dejected with very little hope for us. We then went on to win 7 and draw 3 of our next 12 games, playing some of the nicest football I have seen since the good days under Collins.

Anyone who discounts the fact that we played a team that was nearly half way through their season and top of the league in last night's game is not being fair, essentially we lost a very difficult game to strong favourites by 2 goals to nil, hardy a disgrace and certainly in no way an indicator of how we will fair against SPL opposition - yet the overreaction on here has been astonishing, and this place is full of predictions about how crap we will be (which seems to be the case when we are playing well also).

Our mid season slump cannot be ignored from last season, but our overall record was P 44 W 17 D 12 L 15, and we got to another cup final - there were many memorable results and performances over the course of the season too. I cannot see how anyone who truly believes that Fenlon should go now can possibly have the best interests of the club at heart.

Bottom 6 finishes for Hibs should never really be acceptable but to ignore mitigating circumstances is rash and unfair - we are much closer to where we want to be under Pat than we were when he took over, as exemplified by two cup finals, and finishing 4 places and 17 points better of in the league from one season to the next.

Make no mistake, we will have to get much closer this season (pushing top 3, more cup runs) in order for him to be deemed an overall success - but to class him as a failure at this stage is both stupid and wrong.

Excellent post. Loads and loads of negativity on here as there always is after a defeat.

PF must stay and continue to improve the team and the club. Rodders sees this but one thing Stevie, top 6 is the minimum IMHO and I will be looking for top 4.

If we finish bottom 6 then I would say that his coat will be on a shooglie peg.

#FromTheCapital
19-07-2013, 09:24 AM

:agree:

Excellent post! Nothing to add really, this sums it up for me

Speedway
19-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Me too - I said in a post a few months back (just before the semi final) that even if we beat Falkirk in that game I'd still want us to get a new manager before the final because Pat just isn't good enough IMO. He was 45 minutes away from the sack in the semi and the PLAYERS got him out of jail. Nothing I've seen from him since has made me change my mind. There are other managers in the SPL getting much better performances from teams on much smaller budgets.

How do you know that? (Answer: you don't)

Every league is one of the worst in the world.

Rosenberg will go through. Mannus kept St J. lead single handedly. Rosenberg will take the return leg a lot more seriously.

Others may criticise, but personally I think you deserve a pat on the back.

:top marks

Me too and couldn't agree more with this sentiment.

But I suppose we need to carry on for the time being, at the very least he's brought stability to the team and club as a whole.

Wished he could be a little more expansive though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is what bugs me. Stability was the ultimate dream achievement under Calderwood. Whenever a manager achieves anything, the chat is always 'Aye he's done x but I just wish he'd be more y'.

Anyone who thinks that Fenlon's Hibs are as bad/dull as Miller's Hibs either weren't there or are suppressing the flashbacks. There's been worse Hibs sides than Millers, but none as dull as season 89-90.

The Sea-gull
19-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Agree with a lot of this and have been saying for a while now that I am 50/50 on Pat. some of the stuff he has done has impressed me, some not so much.

Met what I feel was a fair minimum target (given the state we were in when he joined) in his first season by keeping us up. He did it by the skin of his teeth but he still did it.

Again last season, I thought the minimum required was getting us competive for a top 6 place, well clear of releagtion and he managed that though given there was no Rangers it was a little dissappointing we didn't grab the "extra" top 6 place. Again though, for me, he only met his minimum acceptable target and again my the skin of his teeth.

This season it is top 6 or bust for me. No Rangers and a 15 point head start on Hearts, two years into the job, 5 transfer windows by the end of the season. If he can't get us into the top 6 (at a minimum though I think we should really be looking at challenging for 2nd and getting top 3/ top 4) which would be a fair representation of more steady progress then he does not deserve the job and should be sacked in April if we have not made top 6. If I was the Hibs board I would be telling him that right now.

No doubt though, if we don't make the top 6 next season, come April there will still be people on here defending him and having a go at anyone who dares criticise Sir Pat of true Hibernian Irishness.

Keith_M
19-07-2013, 10:02 AM
It's amazing how quickly a thread with humourous intentions can turn so serious.