PDA

View Full Version : New stadium for Edinburgh rugby and/or Hearts? (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dashing Bob S
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Not a lot to do with anything, but I'd just like to register my view about what a pish-soaked, minging, rat trap that tip is. Apart from being full of the most grotesque jakeys and pedos imaginable, this disease-ridden hive, apologetically crammed into a postage stamp space behind tenements, warehouses and Victoria schools, is not only a blight on our fair city, Scotland, the UK, and Europe, but calls into question our right to be considered a civilized species by any watching extraterrestrial life forms.

C'mon Edinburgh Council - don't wait for the joke of a club who inhabit it to perish -shut this embarrassment down.

frazeHFC
08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
:faf: :top marks :not worth

nonshinyfinish
08-10-2011, 03:27 PM
:tee hee:

What a *****heap.

hibsfan7
08-10-2011, 03:31 PM
yes i agree 100% with that statement

while at the other end of edinburgh

we have the best ground outwith the old firm

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

primrose123
08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Now if only points were awarded for having nice empty stadiums?

Kato
08-10-2011, 04:16 PM

So you admit that Tynie smells like a piggery then?

It does as well, some of the whiffs between the tunnels on Gorgie Road are truly noxious.

lucky
08-10-2011, 04:17 PM
It's state of art according to all yams

primrose123
08-10-2011, 04:19 PM
So you admit that Tynie smells like a piggery then?

It does as well, some of the whiffs between the tunnels on Gorgie Road are truly noxious.

Smells like a distillery sometimes, I dont know about the tunnels, never been in the away end.

Kato

It's a state I'll give them that. It won't be there for long anyway.

MSK
Now if only points were awarded for having nice empty stadiums?You lot would rack up a few points too then eh ?..

greenlex

Its a state. Ill give them that.:agree:

MSK
08-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Smells like a distillery sometimes, I dont know about the tunnels, never been in the away end.Distilllery's dont honk o urine mate ...:wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Tynecastle Stadium.

If it were a car it would be a rusty 1976 chocolate brown Austin Allegro MOT failure

primrose123
08-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Distilllery's dont honk o urine mate ...:wink:

Like I say, never been in the away end. ...:wink:

Mikey
08-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Like I say, never been in the away end. ...:wink:

Come in with us for the next derby. I'll get you a ticket :greengrin

MSK
08-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Like I say, never been in the away end. ...:wink:Nae different fi the home end mate ...**** hole of a place ..pink & smelly ..pig-sty is about right ..

brog
08-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Not a lot to do with anything, but I'd just like to register my view about what a pish-soaked, minging, rat trap that tip is. Apart from being full of the most grotesque jakeys and pedos imaginable, this disease-ridden hive, apologetically crammed into a postage stamp space behind tenements, warehouses and Victoria schools, is not only a blight on our fair city, Scotland, the UK, and Europe, but calls into question our right to be considered a civilized species by any watching extraterrestrial life forms.

C'mon Edinburgh Council - don't wait for the joke of a club who inhabit it to perish -shut this embarrassment down.

:top marks Love it but seriously I don't know how the main stand gets a safety certificate. I was last in it about 15 years ago & it was a disgrace, & a potential deathtrap then. I genuinely fear for safety of anyone in that stand if there's a Bradford type incident.

MSK
08-10-2011, 04:59 PM
:top marks Love it but seriously I don't know how the main stand gets a safety certificate. I was last in it about 15 years ago & it was a disgrace, & a potential deathtrap then. I genuinely fear for safety of anyone in that stand if there's a Bradford type incident.In this day & age brog its staggering, esp in the SPL that teams such as the tramps et-al are allowed to have rickety pish filled asbestos ridden death traps ..:agree:

Westie1875
08-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Only Ibrox is better than Easter Road IMO, bits of Parkheid are crumbling and it is built in the middle of what looks like a war zone.

greenginger
08-10-2011, 05:20 PM
:top marks Love it but seriously I don't know how the main stand gets a safety certificate. I was last in it about 15 years ago & it was a disgrace, & a potential deathtrap then. I genuinely fear for safety of anyone in that stand if there's a Bradford type incident.

It must have been about 1987 when I was last in the Asbestos Stand.
May'be I should buy a moroon cardigan in a charity shop, rent a Rover car, and return some Saturday there's a game on with a camera and take a few snaps of the Ancient Monument.

Would I be allowed to post such material on Hibs.net ? :greengrin

Halifaxhibby
08-10-2011, 06:09 PM
How dare you sir!!, our cities bigger brothers are the envy of the world with their half wooden, half meccano 400,000 all seater stadia!!

In fact, just this year FIFA agonised over where to hold this years champions league final such is the grandure of the scottish equivalent of the nou camp!.

The only ground in the world where you get a free tetanus shot on the way in!.

The design and infrastructure is comparable to the world famous Edinburgh tram system which speaks great volumes don't you think?!?.

A cultural icon!.

:faf::fibber::faf:

Kato
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
A cultural icon!.

A toilet.

MGmick
08-10-2011, 08:02 PM

Hard to argue with that.

nonshinyfinish
08-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Hard to argue with that.

Arguing = hard.

Pointing out that Hertz attendances are also pish = easy.

down the slope
08-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Please don't hold back in future !!!, seriously , it has always been thus, even as a wee laddie i thought there was something not right about the place, maybe it was the gloom you had to go through just to pay your money at the turnstiles or even worse the toilets at the school end , who can forget them ?. The day they cease to exist cannot come quick enough and with it their ramshackle bunch of shacks they call home.

Horse
08-10-2011, 08:21 PM

I disagree, we have THE BEST football stadium in Scotland - Ibrox, parkhead and hampden are all bigger but ER is definitely more modern and built to a better standard and as my burd always tells me, size isn't everything!

johnrebus
08-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Smells like a distillery sometimes, I dont know about the tunnels, never been in the away end.

Smells like a distillery, because there is a distillery next door.

And the great thing about The North British Distillery is that it predates Tynecastle by a few months, so calls the shots as to be what can be done with the rotting shell that is a our dear neighbors hovel of a ground. The Massive new Stand in the Sky can never be built because of health and safety regulations dictating access rights in an emergency at the NB.

It is with remarkable foresight that our current major sponsor saw this coming over a hundred years ago and set about buggering up the Yams expansion plans.

The distillery was largely conceived and built be three men. Andrew Usher, William Sanderson and.........., John Crabbie.

In fact I think I'll have one now. (Crabbies that is - on offer at Lidl - £1.49.

:not worth

PS

I like the smell of a distillery.

Not the smell of fousty pish that envelopes Tynecastle.

:rolleyes:

frazeHFC
08-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Only Ibrox is better than Easter Road IMO, bits of Parkheid are crumbling and it is built in the middle of what looks like a war zone.

Easter Road > Ibrox........3 sides of Ibrox is nice but the 3 tier stand is horrid.........so ours is the winner! :woohoo:

MGmick
08-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Arguing = hard.

Pointing out that Hertz attendances are also pish = easy.

Them, us and every other club I think. Even the old squirm don't sell out anymore. Could be the recession. Might be that even the comfiest of stadiums aren't comfy enough. Possibly the odour of urine in the air around some grounds. Or maybe it's the ****** in glorious 3D purporting to be our best professional football teams polluting the green bit in the middle.

I wonder which?

Iggy Pope
08-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Hard to argue with that.

How about the fact that he's got a pansy name like Primrose?

.Sean.
08-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Easter Road > Ibrox........3 sides of Ibrox is nice but the 3 tier stand is horrid.........so ours is the winner! :woohoo: The three-tier stand is excellent - -IMO one of the finest in Britain.

Sergey
08-10-2011, 09:34 PM

I knew someone that got struck down with food poisoning after a hospitality event there a few years ago.

Broken boiler, IIRC.

primrose123
08-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Easter road is now a cracking stadium but certainly doesn't have as big an atmosphere as Tynecastle. Pansy name or not I would not swap our stadium and our derby record, for your stadium and your derby record.

MGmick
08-10-2011, 10:15 PM

Well, I might be being an "ist" rather than a "phobe", but I just assumed it was a womans user name. Incidently, your's, is that a hobby or a career?

Sergey
08-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Easter road is now a cracking stadium but certainly doesn't have as big an atmosphere as Tynecastle. Pansy name or not I would not swap our stadium and our derby record, for your stadium and your derby record.

FOAD

You'll be playing on a pitch with running track around it and sharing it with some nondescript rugby club, if the current plans are to be believed.

Go do one!

Dashing Bob S
08-10-2011, 10:50 PM

Keep your stadium, by all means, and your dull derby record. I wouldn't swap your dull string of 1-0's for our 7-0 and 6-2. Not a chance.

Sergey
08-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Keep your stadium, by all means, and your dull derby record. I wouldn't swap your dull string of 1-0's for our 7-0 and 6-2. Not a chance.

In all honesty, visiting supporters should be screened for asbestosis and other likely diseases that are prevalent at said stadium.

<cough> <cough>

The Harp
08-10-2011, 11:10 PM

What is it with those of a dark pink persuasion and their obsession wi' size? :hmmm:
Oh, and you've got it wrong - it's YOUR stadium that's cracking, not ours!:tsk tsk:

matty_f
08-10-2011, 11:12 PM

You'll be swapping the stadium for a soul-less out of town one soon enough though, eh?:thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
08-10-2011, 11:24 PM

One-size rugby stadium fits all, even the big big BIG team.

I bet you'll love your new home. :agree:

What is it they say? Sold down the river...

matty_f
08-10-2011, 11:32 PM
One-size rugby stadium fits all, even the big big BIG team.

I bet you'll love your new home. :agree:

What is it they say? Sold down the river...

Sold down the river, past the bypass and into some fields. Their nearest team will be Livi.:greengrin

Cabbage East
08-10-2011, 11:37 PM

I would not swap our noncing record for yours.

SMAXXA
09-10-2011, 12:02 AM
I would not swap our noncing record for yours.

The guys got a fair point, at this moment in time I would swap tyne for ER yes I would swap tyne fpr ER. What the hell is it any use to anyone playing infront of a half empty stadium? Dont get me wrong long term stadia wise we are miles ahead of Tyne but am a realist and lets not get carried away guys, id love to have the old East back before anything else. Just a shame currently we dont have a team or atmosphere to grace what we all know we should have.

***** hole aye but a good stadium for the football fans aye also!

SMAXXA
09-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Sold down the river, past the bypass and into some fields. Their nearest team will be Livi.:greengrin

Matty if im being honest mate im starting to buy into what all ma Hearts mates are saying, why are we obsessed with what's heppening with them and all that gash? I couldn't honestly give a **** if they had a 50k seater stadium and we had ER, but im sure we would have Hibbys coming out with na you cant fill it etc. What we have is great, what they have is, well who knows other than a good Scottish ground "atmosphere like" still a **** hole.

I just think we spend too much time focusing on petty squabbles about xy and z and lets be honest tyne is a much better stadium for atmosphere than the holy ground unfortunately.

matty_f
09-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Matty if im being honest mate im starting to buy into what all ma Hearts mates are saying, why are we obsessed with what's heppening with them and all that gash? I couldn't honestly give a **** if they had a 50k seater stadium and we had ER, but im sure we would have Hibbys coming out with na you cant fill it etc. What we have is great, what they have is, well who knows other than a good Scottish ground "atmosphere like" still a **** hole.

I just think we spend too much time focusing on petty squabbles about xy and z and lets be honest tyne is a much better stadium for atmosphere than the holy ground unfortunately.

I don't think we're that obsessed with them - there's about two, three max threads on the go about them including this one, which was just a bit of banter from what I could see.

The PBS has a pish atmosphere for all games bar the derbies and when the OF are there. We'll have a good atmosphere when the team pick up a bit.

I couldn't give a toss about them either, but I don't mind a bit of pish taking now and again out of them. Wouldn't waste any time or energy on anything more than that. Far from being obsessed, I'm (un)lucky if I could name you four or five of their players, even less likely to be able to tell you what position they played.

SMAXXA
09-10-2011, 01:02 AM
I don't think we're that obsessed with them - there's about two, three max threads on the go about them including this one, which was just a bit of banter from what I could see.

The PBS has a pish atmosphere for all games bar the derbies and when the OF are there. We'll have a good atmosphere when the team pick up a bit.

I couldn't give a toss about them either, but I don't mind a bit of pish taking now and again out of them. Wouldn't waste any time or energy on anything more than that. Far from being obsessed, I'm (un)lucky if I could name you four or five of their players, even less likely to be able to tell you what position they played.

(Matty when have we ever had a good atmosphere other than the old firm or them?)

Mate its an easy shout all the time cause we have a finished stadium etc etc and them going to the wall selling Tyne etc, and yes I do think there is a certain element of Hibs fans that get caught up with that rather than being the fundamental aspect of we are better than you our team etc. I don't mean to slate the banter etc but I also do think that it seems to me sometimes we are trying to get one over on them with, well lets face it not football / results / performances related which form me that what it boiles down to.??

ronaldo7
09-10-2011, 08:12 AM

Same as most grounds in Scotland. The atmosphere at Tiny is over egged by the hacks as they sit at the back of the asbestos stand in the tiny anderson shelters. We won't know what our "New" atmosphere is like at ER until we get a team on the park, and the punters to get excited about.

Hibrandenburg
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
I disagree, we have THE BEST football stadium in Scotland - Ibrox, parkhead and hampden are all bigger but ER is definitely more modern and built to a better standard and as my burd always tells me, size isn't everything!

Bang goes my theory as to where you got your username. ;-)

Lucius Apuleius
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Well, I might be being an "ist" rather than a "phobe", but I just assumed it was a womans user name. Incidently, your's, is that a hobby or a career?

Think you should look at Hibs players list to see where he gets the user name from :greengrin

Barney McGrew
09-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Easter road is now a cracking stadium but certainly doesn't have as big an atmosphere as Tynecastle

Is that the same 'big' atmosphere that includes singing sectarian songs, waving union flags and having home fans attacking opposition players and managers?

matty_f
09-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Is that the same 'big' atmosphere that includes singing sectarian songs, waving union flags and having home fans attacking opposition players and managers?

And luring young lassies into the toilets for dirty deeds. Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees.:agree:

joe breezy
09-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I quite like it, have had some nice trips there, not enough wins but I'd rather they stay there - there's not many football relocations with better atmospheres than the original ground.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-10-2011, 11:16 AM

its a great stadium dont you know?
the fans are 'right on top of you', so we kept being informed. And in some cases on top of opposition managers.

Hearts. Over a century of dull football watched by odd people with odd upbringings :agree:

connerg
09-10-2011, 12:37 PM

Listen to it!!!! When was the last time you deluded paedo's sold out ***********? :confused:

connerg
09-10-2011, 12:45 PM

Biggest myth in football is tynecastle having the best atmosphere, any stadium that's full and your team is winning has a great atmosphere.
I bet you would love to swap places when the day comes you'll be playing at a rugby stadium.

weecounty hibby
09-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Biggest myth in football is tynecastle having the best atmosphere, any stadium that's full and your team is winning has a great atmosphere.
I bet you would love to swap places when the day comes you'll be playing at a rugby stadium.

Absolutely right. It is piss poor journalism to keep banging on about the atmosphere. Was it great when they were struggling the season before last, only against us and the OF, against everyone else it was the same as ever other ground in Scotland. Empty seats with no atmosphere.

They would be better investigating how this death trap of a place continues to get a safety certificate. Anyone who has ever been in the main stand knows it is if years out of date and is cerainly not safe.

Dashing Bob S
09-10-2011, 01:52 PM

Hey! I take exception to that! I was thinking a lot more along the lines of scorn, ridicule and contempt for a vile organization and their dim-witted, deluded pedo supporters, with obviously a heavy nod towards the dangerous, crumbling slum they play in!

Bostonhibby
09-10-2011, 02:05 PM

Its an anagram of Promiser! very popular amongst the Yammish. Hang on a minute, how do we know it ain't agent Vlad undercover?

Iggy Pope
09-10-2011, 05:36 PM

Look it up!
And if you know your history :singing:

And 'phobes and 'ists don't enter the equation when debating with sparryheids.

Iggy Pope
09-10-2011, 05:45 PM

Away, ya primrosey plum. You're only a wee fiddle or two away from having no stadium at all!

Most clubs would settle for Coaching badges as qualifications but you lot go one further and insist on being on the register. Is that what you mean when you talk about 'special' relationships?

7-0. Mind and keep yer heaviest defeat on yer proud derby record sparryheid.

MGmick
09-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Look it up!
And if you know your history :singing:

And 'phobes and 'ists don't enter the equation when debating with sparryheids.

Oops! :not worth

:taxi for me.

Kato
09-10-2011, 07:23 PM
You're only a wee fiddle or two away from having no stadium at all!

Are they not due UBIG a wedge next month?

connerg
09-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Away, ya primrosey plum. You're only a wee fiddle or two away from having no stadium at all!

Most clubs would settle for Coaching badges as qualifications but you lot go one further and insist on being on the register. Is that what you mean when you talk about 'special' relationships?

Nice one, expertly said. :not worth

primrose123
10-10-2011, 08:00 PM

7-0 that old chestnut, as bad as it was it was way before the majority of most of our times. I will take the record from then until now every time and gladly sacrifice one result now and then even 0-7 and 6-2.

As regards players being on register, its who you support that defines you, who your family support, much more than who you play for.

The main point is football banter should be about results, think how low in the barrel some of you are scraping.

Kato
10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
think how low in the barrel some of you are scraping.

I'll give you that, too much Jambo chat.

PS There's nothing I'd swap with Hearts, zero.

clerriehibs
10-10-2011, 08:12 PM
7-0 that old chestnut, as bad as it was it was way before the majority of most of our times. I will take the record from then until now every time and gladly sacrifice one result now and then even 0-7 and 6-2.

As regards players being on register, its who you support that defines you, who your family support, much more than who you play for.

The main point is football banter should be about results, think how low in the barrel some of you are scraping.

wee fat robbo's definition is Hibby, then? :hmmm:

ronaldo7
10-10-2011, 08:13 PM

It's who you employ that defines you as a club. R&R................Rix and Romanov..........Nuff said

bawheid
10-10-2011, 08:15 PM

It could be argued that Hearts created the conditions that led to a 1st team player ending up on the sex offenders register. When the club owner hires a convicted rapist as manager and then describes him as a hero; when supporters are grooming teenage girls in the stands; is it any wonder a player might think asking young girls to expose themselves on camera is acceptable?

But anyway, this is going off topic. Tynecastle: it's a dump.

Iggy Pope
10-10-2011, 08:47 PM

But most of your derby record is before most of our times! Unless yer 136 years old. Or did time only start in 1998 when you began your other 'special' relationship?

7zero is luckily not before my time and I'm young enough and so are most of the plums I know.
And as far as results go.....RECORD RESULT!

And if who you support defines you then you and your kind are defined as war-hero-but-kiddyfiddling, sparryheided, blood encrusted jobbies and you are one with a girlie name! Oh, the banter!

The Harp
10-10-2011, 11:13 PM

Just had a wee look at your age, primrose - unfortunately for you it looks like you're of the same vintage as me, and I was in my prime in 1973. :greengrin
Seems a bit rich accusing some posters on here of scraping the bottom of the barrel ... if you want REALLY low comment, try looking a little closer to home.

Pete
10-10-2011, 11:43 PM

I think football banter is about slagging off your rival on any subject where you feel you have the upper hand or superiority.

It's extremely arrogant to think otherwise. That would certainly fit in with our collective opinion that you are, in the main, a bunch of arrogant, stuffy, posh, bigoted and stunted individuals....with small willies.

7-0 6-2 ya bas.

HibbyAndy
11-10-2011, 08:46 AM

0-7

Aldo
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Dump of a ground but watch this space..

If they move the Council will bend over backwards and help them financially in building this stadium.....this will be the only way they will move.

They will get about £20 millionish for the PBS but a 400,000 seater stadium will cost a mint....they would still be in debt.

sidjames
11-10-2011, 09:32 AM
It is a dog eared dump. It was thrown up on the cheap and as we know never finished. I find it depressing and can see no redeeming features at all. It seems to verge on the desperate side of tacky with the lurid attempts to advertise its presence externally. There is nothing but hollow shells, windswept alleys, faded paint and general neglect. I was there in January last and was actually surprised at how shabby the place was. In fact a few days later I went to have another look. I managed to walk straight in at the home stand! It actually looks bleaker and more neglected when empty.

Aldo
11-10-2011, 09:38 AM
It is a dog eared dump. It was thrown up on the cheap and as we know never finished. I find it depressing and can see no redeeming features at all. It seems to verge on the desperate side of tacky with the lurid attempts to advertise its presence externally. There is nothing but hollow shells, windswept alleys, faded paint and general neglect. I was there in January last and was actually surprised at how shabby the place was. In fact a few days later I went to have another look. I managed to walk straight in at the home stand! It actually looks bleaker and more neglected when empty.

I played for the Hibs supporters team v the yams a few years back and couldnt believe the standard of the away dressing room...it was a dump...

Spurs must of thought they were playinf a sunday league team.

LeithBoozy
11-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I played for the Hibs supporters team v the yams a few years back and couldnt believe the standard of the away dressing room...it was a dump...

Spurs must of thought they were playinf a sunday league team.Wrong Aldo, they thought they were playing West Ham in disguise. :wink:

Golden Bear
11-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Dump of a ground but watch this space..

If they move the Council will bend over backwards and help them financially in building this stadium.....this will be the only way they will move.

They will get about £20 millionish for the PBS but a 400,000 seater stadium will cost a mint....they would still be in debt.

Edinburgh Cooncil will be well and truly skint for the forseeable future now that their vanity pet tram project is set to proceed.

iwasthere1972
11-10-2011, 12:38 PM

Spurs must of thought they were playinf a sunday league team.

They were. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
11-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Not so much an old chestnut as an utter footballing annihilation and humiliation of the highest order.

It would send Hearts as a club into an emotional downturn which would manifest itself in delusional fantasy, paedophillia, and an obsession with world wars.

connerg
12-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Not so much an old chestnut as an utter footballing annihilation and humiliation of the highest order.

It would send Hearts as a club into an emotional downturn which would manifest itself in delusional fantasy, paedophillia, and an obsession with world wars.

Sure they got relegated three times in six years not long after that wonderful day!!! :greengrin

Two seasons on the bounce in the first division too. :faf:

Cabbage East
12-10-2011, 02:51 PM

If you won a world war all by yourself, would you not boast about it?

CraigHibee
12-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Tynecastle Stadium.

If it were a car it would be a rusty 1976 chocolate brown Austin Allegro MOT failure

with orange velour seats and a few tell tale stains on the back seats :agree:

grantonhibee
12-10-2011, 05:07 PM
its a huge bus shelter, but bus shelters smell better , it reminds me of the old subbuteo stands u got in the 80's !!!!

hmfc home of the peados

hibeemikey21
18-10-2011, 08:42 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15360553.stm

Whats wrong with Meadowbank?

smurf
18-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Council cutbacks all over the city but they are looking to help them out? What a shock.

Hibs Class
18-10-2011, 08:46 PM
No public demand, justification or sound business case for the council to invest a penny in this. Which, given the current administration's record, means it will probably happen!

BEEJ
18-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Might be good to get the council involved.

Project will end up being three years late with stadium seating confined to behind each goal.

oldbutdim
18-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Deary me.

Chris Robinson would be spinning in his grave reading that.
:tsk tsk:

If he was dead obviously.

Sumner
18-10-2011, 08:50 PM
not one penny, let the Banka fork out.

IWasThere2016
18-10-2011, 08:52 PM
No public demand, justification or sound business case for the council to invest a penny in this. Which, given the current administration's record, means it will probably happen!

Remove the cooncil and it could be the East Stand you're talking aboot :offski:

PaulSmith
18-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Romanov holding a gun to the heads of the cooncil, assistance or the club goes to the wall.

Cardownie will be trying every dirty trick in the book to make this happen IMO.

iwasthere1972
18-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Hope the council do get involved. Original plans would be to have two of the stands running the full length of the pitch but with delay after delay and the costs doubling later having to make cutbacks and stopping the stands at the half way line. Plans also abandoned to have stands behind the goals.

Get the council involved. You know it makes sense. :aok:

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Deary me.

Chris Robinson would be spinning in his grave reading that.
:tsk tsk:

If he was dead obviously.

He's not I'm afraid, was on the same Ryanair flight to Portugal as me a couple of weeks ago, a friggin millionaire as well, typical yak

3pm
18-10-2011, 09:44 PM
There will be a trade off.

Hearts will get a new stadium, the council will get a new Tram stop.

Bishop Hibee
18-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Make no mistake, no Hibby on this site will be laughing if the council gives them a wedge of cash, possibly from the sale of Meadowbank, Jack Kane Centre or any other bit of land in the east of Edinburgh to fund a yam dome in Sighthill, Carrick Knowe Golf Course or wherever.

Local elections in May 2012 so make sure you raise this with your prospective councillors as a no-goer.

Jack
18-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I think there would be a judicial review if Hearts were to get bailed out.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Deary me.Chris Robinson would be spinning in his grave reading that.:tsk tsk:If he was dead obviously.:rolleyes: I'll probably need to check with some folk on here 1st, but, i thought was most amusing!

basehibby
18-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Council cutbacks all over the city but they are looking to help them out? What a shock.

:agree: I would be disgusted if the council wasted OUR cash on bailing out those insolvent jakeys - who plainly cannot afford to sort out their asbestos shed following years and years of irresponsible over-spending.

Let them "lend themselves" another 30 million - that should just about cover it.

EasterRoad4Ever
19-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Might be good to get the council involved.

Project will end up being three years late with stadium seating confined to behind each goal.

Yams are up **** creek. Can't think of a worse time to go to local government or any sponsors with the begging bowl. EDC have just come off a kicking for the Trams fiasco. Can you imagine the Scottish Parliament agreeing to these clowns spending more public millions on another useless pet project ?

If was just a new ground they wanted/needed, then I'm sure the PBS would have caught fire by now :wink: But they desperately need the cash from the sale of the land to keep them afloat.

Stonewall
19-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Remove the cooncil and it could be the East Stand you're talking aboot :offski:

But there was ample justification and a business case for building the East Stand.

Sufficient demand would have existed but for a combination of the economic downturn and our abject performance under CC/ Yogi.

If we'd invested the money used to fund the East Stand in the team are you confident the last two incumbents would have used it wisely?

Gatecrasher
19-10-2011, 06:37 AM
I think it would be a reckless use of public money in the current climate for the council to help fund this, especially since there's a £1bn tram bill heading there way! Care for the auld yins or build the tramps a new stadium?

Steve-O
19-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Maybe they could build it right at the airport end of the tramline and the tramline might be of some use every 2nd week...

Hibrandenburg
19-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Big Issue, Big Issue! Get the latest Big Issue.

Hibernia Na Eir
19-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I hate Hearts FC.

Gettin' Auld
19-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Those ****ers should get no help from council funds.

They've overspent heavily for years and now have to face the consequences, so tough ****.

Leave them to sink or swim all by themselves!!

Mili Tant
19-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Hold on a minute. "Heart of Midlothian". Why would the City of Edinburgh Council be involved?

c31
19-10-2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/councillors/6/jenny_dawe

she's the gaffer - email her

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-10-2011, 09:39 AM
So have the council come out and commented on this yet? Would be nice to know if they are actually aware of our unforunate neighbours intentions.......

James70
19-10-2011, 10:52 AM
If the council do agree to the request and they make the same mess as they did of the trams I could see the PBS being demolished and then rebuilt again and the Yams would finish up with a stadium half the size it was originally meant to be. :greengrin

RyeSloan
19-10-2011, 11:25 AM
You have to laugh at the comment "And it is very clear that 'doing nothing is not an option'."

So what exactly has Romanov and his gang actually done re a new stadium for Hearts.....ermmm nothing....

Hibs Class
19-10-2011, 11:30 AM
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/councillors/6/jenny_dawe

she's the gaffer - email her

Good luck with that. She's our local councillor as well as city (mis)leader - you would struggle to find a more useless lump of uselessness.

IWasThere2016
19-10-2011, 11:36 AM
But there was ample justification and a business case for building the East Stand.

Sufficient demand would have existed but for a combination of the economic downturn and our abject performance under CC/ Yogi.

If we'd invested the money used to fund the East Stand in the team are you confident the last two incumbents would have used it wisely?

What was the ample business case? And we might have hired a better manager :wink:

You have to laugh at the comment "And it is very clear that 'doing nothing is not an option'."

So what exactly has Romanov and his gang actually done re a new stadium for Hearts.....ermmm nothing....

:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
19-10-2011, 12:55 PM
You see this is where the Yamaster Plan (is this in the Yammasaurous) falls down. They base all their presentations to the council on the fact that we are Methadone swilling pikeys who don't pay their council tax, that we have disenfranchised ourselves from the democratic process and frankly are not intelligent enought to object.

For the record, I would like to make it clear that I have never swilled Methadone in my life. I savour every drop.

greenginger
19-10-2011, 01:00 PM

Not true. They spent best part of £1 million on a couple of cardboard boxes full of fancy drawings called a planning application. :greengrin

poolman
19-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I'ts not going to happen

The Yams will have to fend for themselves

The Council don't have a pot to piss in, I was at a meeting this morning re. money for maintenance and there is just not any there.

If the Cooncil miraculously come up with funds to help out the Yams it will be tantamount to fraud :agree:

Keith_M
19-10-2011, 02:45 PM
So, what exactly is a "Community Stadium"?

Does it mean that all taxpayers will be able to use it whenever they like? They're supplying soup kitchens for the needy? Or is it just paid for by "The Community" for the sole benefit of Hearts?

LeithBoozy
19-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Right take a letter Vitalijus to the EEN, I Vladimir Romanov being of soound mind and body, have decided to team-up with the council and create a new stadium.
What is wrong with that new lie detector, its not even plugged-in yet? BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP.:greengrin

Gettin' Auld
19-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Let the ****ers share Meadowbank if they're that desperate!!

SmokieJoe
19-10-2011, 03:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15360553.stm

Whats wrong with Meadowbank?

In you're Gorgie slums won't have the same meaning to it

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Couldn't bear the thought of having those minging tramps so close. Almondvale is a far better option.

SanFranHibs
19-10-2011, 05:47 PM
So, what exactly is a "Community Stadium"?

Does it mean that all taxpayers will be able to use it whenever they like? They're supplying soup kitchens for the needy? Or is it just paid for by "The Community" for the sole benefit of Hearts?

Gold star on the way ! (Don't have a smiley for it!)

:flag:

Bostonhibby
19-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Would the good citizens of Edinburgh, in these harsh times seriously want to see their hard earned Council tax contributions being used to finance what is effectively a subsidiary of a giant overseas registered company where the nett cashflow seems to be back to the parent company that is registered and trades abroad?

You can't really use the job protection argument since the 10's of Edinburgh based people they employ are massively outweighed by the millions of Edinburgh based council tax revenue that would be invested in this venture.

All about how the cooncil spin this one for the establishment club and how much the citizens are prepared to take lying down. As my uncle says weekly bin collection or keep the Yams going? let me think aboot it.

PaulSmith
19-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Anyone able to do a freedom of information request in regards to the councils 'plans'

joebakerforever
19-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Given the past record of the City Council and their Officials in favouring the Yams and hindering the Hibs, I would not in the least be surprised if this proposal does eventually go through.

I recall when the Commonwealth Stadium was proposed, Tom Hart offered a more cost effective option that involved redeveloping Easter Rd, but this was quietly ignored as vested interests in the then Council would have lost lucrative contracts that they benefitted from by redeveloping Old & New Meadowbank.

So brace yourselves for Steve Cardownie announcing that this so-called Community Stadium "will benefit the citizens of Edinburgh" - aye right :no way:

cocopops1875
19-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I can't help feeling we (hibs) are gonna be done up like kippers here years of good management leading to us having little debt a great training center and a 1st class stadium, they have instead wasted millions sold their souls and will still come up trumps with a new shiny stadium. It's the equivalent of the folk committing benefit fraud being better off than us who work full time and get no help DISGUSTING

Phil MaGlass
20-10-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/7m_more_cuts_on_the_way_to_pay_tram_debt_1_1921401

and on the back of this how will the cooncil justify pumping millions into a new stadium for the hertz??

Phil D. Rolls
20-10-2011, 03:36 PM

As the owner of property in the area, I would be extremely concerned about property prices. Not a good idea.

Not in my back yard.

The_Famous_HFC
20-10-2011, 04:39 PM
My understanding is that Carrick Knowe golf course is the preffered land space for this "community stadium". What do the Hibs community of Carrick Knowe think about this?

hailhail22
20-10-2011, 04:54 PM
My understanding is that Carrick Knowe golf course is the preffered land space for this "community stadium". What do the Hibs community of Carrick Knowe think about this?

Am corstorphine but close enough :protest:

Hibs Class
20-10-2011, 07:16 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/7m_more_cuts_on_the_way_to_pay_tram_debt_1_1921401 and on the back of this how will the cooncil justify pumping millions into a new stadium for the hertz??I'm afraid that story is just another example of the lies and dishonesty that characterise jenny dawe and her group of failures. Unfortunately their incompetent track record coupled with cardownie's allegiance make support for hearts' project more rather than less likely.

Billy Whizz
20-10-2011, 07:25 PM
I would have thought after the "tram" fiasco Edinburgh district council, will have little or no money to spend on additional recreational purposes, for the forseeable future!

(PS unless there's a tram stop on the way)

clerriehibs
21-10-2011, 08:00 PM
One thing worse than these cheapskates from gorgie looking for, expecting (because its their right), handouts from the council is the local rag suggesting it might be an idea in their leader column, and comparing our ACTUAL iniquities (which the news describes as "perceived" - eh? Call yourselves journalists?!?) with the HOMoFC's imaginary hard-done bys from the occasional time the council have ignored their calimero-esque claims of "it's an injustice, it is".

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/opinion/analysis/community_stadiums_have_been_success_1_1918171

This whole town truly gets my goat.

Silversand
21-10-2011, 09:18 PM
As my uncle says weekly bin collection or keep the Yams going? let me think aboot it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15399482

Half way there then! :devil:

Baader
22-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Those wasters at City of Edinburgh Council will be falling over themselves at the prospect of helping out another Edinburgh shambles so close to their hearts. Don't think they won't try to make things easy for their beloved HoMFC

SMAXXA
22-10-2011, 07:31 PM
There will be a trade off.

Hearts will get a new stadium, the council will get a new Tram stop.

Hearts will get a new stadium, the council will get a new TramP stop

Fixed if for you! :greengrin

fatbloke
22-10-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/7m_more_cuts_on_the_way_to_pay_tram_debt_1_1921401

and on the back of this how will the cooncil justify pumping millions into a new stadium for the hertz??

Sentiment, hypocrisy lies and abject mis management. It's how councils operate allegedly.

Just glad I live in East Lothian.

eastmainsmsh
22-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Ainslie Park Groundshare with 2nd Biggest team in Edinburgh :wink:

Spartans of Midlothian :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-10-2011, 08:35 PM
It might soon be "Heart of Sighthill"

Davy Mac
22-10-2011, 08:53 PM
It's crucial that Hibs up the ante on this and demand an equal share if there is money to be made available.

Hibs doing nothing is not an option.

PaulSmith
22-10-2011, 08:56 PM
It might soon be "Heart of Sighthill"

What will be the new Roseburn?

The Artful Dodger, Crofters, The Gauntlet or will we march down the Wester Hailes Rd after a few in the Hailes Hotel?

calmacuk
24-10-2011, 11:08 AM
We are welcome to share the new Hearts stadium :rolleyes:

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/hibs_welcome_to_share_new_hearts_stadium_says_stev e_1_1927146

PaulSmith
24-10-2011, 11:09 AM
In todays EEN.

Deputy Council Leader, (Cardownie) offers Hibs the chance to share a planned community stadium after claims of Hearts bias.

Seriously, could you even make this up?

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/hibs_welcome_to_share_new_hearts_stadium_says_stev e_1_1927146

Hibbyradge
24-10-2011, 11:13 AM
He has always been an arrogant opportunist.

Revolutionary socialist in the SWP one day, right wing nationalist the next.

calmacuk
24-10-2011, 11:14 AM
The quote from Hibs sums it up:

A Hibs spokesman said: “Easter Road is the home stadium of Hibernian and we’ve completely redeveloped our stadium by ourselves without support from the public purse.”

grunt
24-10-2011, 11:16 AM
This comment just makes him look a fool.

LancashireHibby
24-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Fair to say it's a safe bet for him to suggest we share this stadium considering there's not a chance we'd ever want to take it up.

Great little putdown from the 'Hibs spokesman' at the end as well :agree: :thumbsup:

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 11:19 AM
We are welcome to share the new Hearts stadium :rolleyes:

I'm surprised that Mr. Cardownie isn't suggesting that yams go and groundshare at Easter Road. No implication for the public purse, and they can move in soon before any more asbestos is dislodged.

Antifa Hibs
24-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Maybe we should ask the big team if they'd like to share the wee teams fully complete Uefa compliant stadium?

Hertz f***!

Baader
24-10-2011, 11:27 AM
This freeloading loser is surely taking the **ss. Wait until we have redeveloped our stadium then offer us the option of groundsharing a non-existing one. Very good.

Outrageous if the council are even giving this one second of serious thought. How do they justify bailing out a private company, owned by a muti-millionaire foreign banker, that has been a victim of its own greed, gross mismanagement and unrealistic fiscal policy.

They should concentrate on helping get the city back on its feet after the damage they've done there.

Cardownie is and always has been a complete and utter clown (Remember this? (http://www.thefreelibrary.com/RIP-OFF+STEVE+DROPS+HIS+TROUSERS+CLAIM.-a060265540)) who will jump at the chance to do anything within his power to help the Gorgie mob and hinder Hibs. The idiotic picture of him says it all. Get this man out.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2011, 11:30 AM
cardownie should concentrate on sealing that gaping hole in the asbestos arena's main stand(the wooden one) roof, he could stick his big mouth in it that should do the trick

p.s. just looked at his coupon for the first time in that link, he deserves a slap just for that alone, the mutant ....jeesuz ****

Beefster
24-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Thank **** I don't pay my council tax to those charlatans.

superfurryhibby
24-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I can't see it happening, despite the Hearts mindedness of some senior councillors. The council are skint, no arguement about it. They will be toiling to pay the pensions of municipal staff soon, never mind fund a stadium venture.

Jack
24-10-2011, 11:33 AM
There would quite rightly be outrage if this got anywhere beyond talking about it. FFS Hibs can't even get a Sunday drinks license!

All the while they're talking about this has anyone suggested where the council might get their (100%) share for this?

Hibs Class
24-10-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm sure he thinks he's funny. He's mistaken though and crass comments like this discredit both him and the office he holds.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Whilst i've got no interest in his politics he actually isnae a bad lad for a yam.

Fife-Hibee
24-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Whilst i've got no interest in his politics he actually isnae a bad lad for a yam.

Hes a twat

Peevemor
24-10-2011, 11:39 AM
At the end of the McLeish era, Hibs had a debt knocking on £20M - about the same as the yams when Vlad took over.

Since then we've completed the stadium and built East Mains while reduicng the debt significantly. The yams in the same period have probably trebled their debt (including the equity swap(s?) and other manoeuvres), and while trumpeting their delirious mega-stadium plans, have slowly left Tynie to rot.

Okay, currently things aren't top of the pops at Easter Road, but they could be a whole lot worse.

Fife-Hibee
24-10-2011, 11:45 AM
At the end of the McLeish era, Hibs had a debt knocking on £20M - about the same as the yams when Vlad took over.

Since then we've completed the stadium and built East Mains while reduicng the debt significantly. The yams in the same period have probably trebled their debt (including the equity swap(s?) and other manoeuvres), and while trumpeting their delirious mega-stadium plans, have slowly left Tynie to rot.

Okay, currently things aren't top of the pops at Easter Road, but they could be a whole lot worse.

Yeah, but why should we suffer by doing everything by the book. While these mutants do what the hell they want. Makes my blood boil !!! sooner they go down the tubes the better :grr:

Peevemor
24-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Yeah, but why should we suffer by doing everything by the book. While these mutants do what the hell they want. Makes my blood boil !!! sooner they go down the tubes the better :grr:

Exactly.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Hes a twat Aye, thats a very reasoned statement.I tend to just take people as i find them.

McSwanky

Whilst I don't know the guy personally, he actually comes across as a complete halfwit in his public utterances.

SkintHibby
Thank god I'm not an Edinburgh Council Tax payer. I would be ****ing raging if I was.

This Cardownie bloke is a right ****ing tosser.

Fife-Hibee
24-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Aye, thats a very reasoned statement.I tend to just jake people as i find them.

Yeah, me to ! :wink:

Capt Mainwaring
24-10-2011, 11:56 AM
An utter disgrace to the City if the Council proceed to use public assets to bail out HMFC whilst on the other hand are relying on the Scottish Government to bail their Tram shortfall funding.

The City Council have held a pro Hearts Agenda for years. What credible Authority would continue to
issue Safety Certificates their ramshackle main Stand and allow Councillors like Cardownie, who have a clear conflict of interest, to promote use of public funds to prop up a private company.

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 11:58 AM
What a stupid suggestion and makes the guy look a right eejit. The whole affair reeks of corruption.

The council should stick a statutory notice on his fat belly and a restraining order on his gob.

Case closed.

NeilOrrSquareBa
Surely due dilligence would force them to consider ALL options when reviewing the need for a Community stadium. I mean the following would need to be drwan up as a checklist:

Is there a demand for a community stadium?
Can a budget be found without compromising other community commitments –like the trams?
Are there any viable alternatives to the development of a greenfield site?

“Whit? D’ye mean share with Hibs likes?”
The wee yins as oor landlords?
Ahm no havin’ thon!! Cooncil meeting noo at the lodge. Big Buck kin pacify my quiverin’ hert!

:na na:

LeithBoozy
I wonder if Rod is behind this?, the last time he threatened to ground share with the yams at Straiton, 11,500 season ticket came from nowhere to register thier opposition to the plan.

Hibbyradge
24-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Why can't they share Meadowbank?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Bail out the banks bail out the Hearts what's the difference?

One supposedly essential for the economy
The other .... A vote orIented move?

hibs0666
24-10-2011, 12:04 PM
More seriously, Hibs should get involved in these plans right from the outset, and use the information gained to the advantage of the club when the time is right.

iwasthere1972
24-10-2011, 12:04 PM

Would we really want them and their smell so close to Easter Road. No I don't think so.

Antifa Hibs
24-10-2011, 12:07 PM

And run the risk of having 394,000 fans locked out everyweek. Think about it...

Gatecrasher
24-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I can't see it happening, despite the Hearts mindedness of some senior councillors. The council are skint, no arguement about it. They will be toiling to pay the pensions of municipal staff soon, never mind fund a stadium venture.

I thought that at first but each time this comes up it seems more and more likely that Edinburgh council would actually have the brass neck to help them even though the council are skint

--------
24-10-2011, 12:22 PM
“I’d be more than happy for both teams to share a stadium, but I understand that they have just built a new stand and might not want that...."

Nothing escapes the Blob, does it?

An arrogant, cynical crook.

RyeSloan
24-10-2011, 12:22 PM
I thought that at first but each time this comes up it seems more and more likely that Edinburgh council would actually have the brass neck to help them even though the council are skint

Interesting isn't it that this idea has been floated by Hearts and the Council has done nothing to explain:

A) How it would be funded

B) Why a 'community stadium' is needed

C) Why any Council monies wouldn't be used to upgrade the 'community stadium' that Edinburgh already has...Meadowbank

Seems to me that if Hearts weren't in the deep doo doo with Tynecastle this idea would never have been considered by the Council at all.

Still all hot air I would say as ECC simply has nothing to give in terms of cash...land maybe but they would have to go some to justify gifting land for the primary and main use of a private company.

steakbake
24-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Now no-one can accuse the Council of not trying to include Hibs... overlooking the inconvenient situation that we don't need a community stadium in the west side of the City. It would be a travesty if the council helped to fund a new PBS.

Albion Hibs
24-10-2011, 12:38 PM

Bang on.

If hearts were below us every year and we pumped them each time we played in the derby I think our current situation would not be viewed so negatively by many. It goes without saying that when they win derbies and qualify for europe us not doing so well is amplified.

How the council could even consider using revenue from council tax payers to "bail-out" a football club is beyond me. Especially considering how many people they will be making redundant over the coming years.

If hearts want to run themselves like a farce that is their busniess, but I will be ****** if I am going to pick up the tab. At the end of the day Romanov is looking to sell tynecastle, that has always been the masterplan. The fall in the housing market has taken its toll and he has been forced to stay in the game for longer than he probably wanted. He will pick up a land price when they sell it, but like aberdeen it is their responsibility to identify and purchase a new site, along with funding the build.

What benefit and more to the the point requirement does a Local Authority have with a football stadium.

Lets be honest, they way hearts are run, do you really think they would honor any agreement for the public to use the facility, or lets be honest pay any rent or rates that are due. They do not really have a good track record at running there own business, why would any potential business partner wish to share in that.

Jack
24-10-2011, 12:44 PM
What's wrong with Murrayfield?

Rent to the council, rent to the SRU what's the difference?

Baader
24-10-2011, 12:46 PM
How the council could even consider using revenue from council tax payers to "bail-out" a football club is beyond me. Especially considering how many people they will be making redundant over the coming years.

Spot on.

City of Edinburgh Council are broke. They are and will be laying off staff.

After squandering millions of pounds on one of Europe's worst planned ventures they are now talking about using cash to aid a football club owned by a mega rich banker to build them a new home. It is beyond corrupt.

Time to get rid of these parasites.

Caversham Green
24-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Cardownie is admitting to a clear conflict of interest here, so he should be taking no further part in discussions and negotiations.

He also indicates that ground sharing would be acceptable and Edinburgh already has a first class football stadium, so building a second one would be a waste of taxpayers' money. HoMFC are then left wth the choice of building their own stadium without the taxpayers' funds or renting a ground from the wee team. The council can then build a smaller and cheaper 'community' stadium to cater for minority sports if they deem it to be necessary.

LancashireHibby
24-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Trouble is, if anyone raised any concerns about this genuine waste of tax payers money then they'd instantly be shouted down as 'bitter Hibees'.

WhileTheChief..
24-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Good comment piece here from the EEN....

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/opinion/analysis/helen_martin_it_s_time_heads_won_over_hearts_1_192 7173

Part/Time Supporter
24-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Maybe if Hearts hadn't run up £50M+ in wages since Romanov took over they could afford to build a new stadium.

grunt
24-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Trouble is, if anyone raised any concerns about this genuine waste of tax payers money then they'd instantly be shouted down as 'bitter Hibees'.I would expect there will be a fair number of ordinary Council Taxpayers who are not football fans who would oppose this nonsense.

Springbank
24-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Good comment piece here from the EEN....http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/opinion/analysis/helen_martin_it_s_time_heads_won_over_hearts_1_192 7173 this article sums up my thoughts on the matter. I'd vote for someone expressing these views in may

pentlando
24-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Doesn't really bother me too much, Hearts at the most would have shared ownership of any new stadium and a healthy rent charge each month i'd imagine. This would leave them with no solid assets, and still a sizeable debt once Tynie is sold. They won't be any better off, especially from the banks perspective. Anyway with the Councils record for building things they only seem to get just over halfway finished. So we'd be looking at 2 1/2 stands? :wink:

LancashireHibby
24-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I would expect there will be a fair number of ordinary Council Taxpayers who are not football fans who would oppose this nonsense.

Would hope so, though it's a case of mobilising such opposition outwith Hibs circles.

NOLA
24-10-2011, 02:07 PM
i wonder how many bums on seats Hibs could get out in sighthill :hmmm:

Golden Bear
24-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Cardownie has just got be at the wind up.

His wee article belongs in the world of fantasy land or to give it another name Edinburgh City Council.

greenlex
24-10-2011, 02:19 PM
We could sell East Mainsand train at the community stadium. Makes sense.:greengrin

Geo_1875
24-10-2011, 02:33 PM

He's a self-serving, opportunist yam fandango. And he always has been.

superfurryhibby
24-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Interesting isn't it that this idea has been floated by Hearts and the Council has done nothing to explain:

C) Why any Council monies wouldn't be used to upgrade the 'community stadium' that Edinburgh already has...Meadowbank

Seems to me that if Hearts weren't in the deep doo doo with Tynecastle this idea would never have been considered by the Council at all.

Still all hot air I would say as ECC simply has nothing to give in terms of cash...land maybe but they would have to go some to justify gifting land for the primary and main use of a private company.

I think that bit says it all. The council have been very eager to close Meadowbank and no doubt flog it off for re-development, building somewhere on the west of the city. If I recall rightly, there was also talk of Edinburgh rugby using a new stadium instead of Murrayfield?

The points about the cash. Given how strapped they are, I still can't see civic funding being provided. It would be a minefield for any council, no matter what their politics.

It would seem to me that Hearts should really develop their own main stand, using their own funds. Given the resources available to the submariner it should be easy really, shouldn't it?

hibernia_inn
24-10-2011, 02:37 PM
I would expect there will be a fair number of ordinary Council Taxpayers who are not football fans who would oppose this nonsense.

From the same edition of the Evening News http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/opinion/analysis/helen_martin_it_s_time_heads_won_over_hearts_1_192 7173

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I think Steve basically nailed it. We need each other. It makes sense for us both to share a community stadium, and if there's another way we can possibly help them out, financially, then it only makes good sense to explore that. I understand that they are heavily in debt. Nobody wants to see an Edinburgh institution in trouble so we really should be looking at pooling our resources and controlling costs. We have to accept that Hearts will always be the big team in the capital, those guys won two world wars and beat Gretna on a penalty shoot out, so we'll just keep quiet about being the first team in European competition,while eliminating from Europe Barca who had beaten five times Euro champs Real Madrid, and we certainly won't mention winning the most emphatic derby on away soil in the British record books, and rejoice in leaving our luxury stadium in our homeland to play in a public park in some Jambo scheme.

Yes, sharing with a bunch of asbestos ridden, up their own arse, pompous, deluded jakey trash makes perfect sense. Why the hell didn't we think of this first?

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Murray might not have any legs, but he must have a cock and be giving her a satisfactory length of it when she can write a sentence 'knows how to put together a deal without bankrupting...'

mglancy23
24-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Murray might not have any legs, but he must have a cock and be giving her a satisfactory length of it when she can write a sentence 'knows how to put together a deal without bankrupting...'

:faf::top marks:not worth

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2011, 03:16 PM
exactly boab :agree:

Mikeystewart
24-10-2011, 03:23 PM
How about hearts pay us a wadd of cash per year to use easter road? :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

fatbloke
24-10-2011, 03:26 PM

Now your taking the p155. The man is an er5e of the highest order.

johnrebus
24-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I think Steve basically nailed it. We need each other. It makes sense for us both to share a community stadium, and if there's another way we can possibly help them out, financially, then it only makes good sense to explore that. I understand that they are heavily in debt. Nobody wants to see an Edinburgh institution in trouble so we really should be looking at pooling our resources and controlling costs. We have to accept that Hearts will always be the big team in the capital, those guys won two world wars and beat Gretna on a penalty shoot out, so we'll just keep quiet about being the first team in European competition,while eliminating from Europe Barca who had beaten five times Euro champs Real Madrid, and we certainly won't mention winning the most emphatic derby on away soil in the British record books, and rejoice in leaving our luxury stadium in our homeland to play in a public park in some Jambo scheme.

Yes, sharing with a bunch of asbestos ridden, up their own arse, pompous, deluded jakey trash makes perfect sense. Why the hell didn't we think of this first?

Absolutely spot on.

Is there a Paypal account up and running yet? I want to be the first to contribute.

I also have a sheet of roof cladding (non asbestos) lying in the garage going to waste.

The world is going to ****, we really need to help our unfortunate neighbours over at EH11.

Stump up! The big team needs you!

:aok:

PS

In the meantime, please send all donations in a brown envelope to, Tram Debacl......, er, sorry,

Save Oor Hert's Fund
The Cooncil
Embra.

Dashing Bob S
24-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Absolutely spot on.

Is there a Paypal account up and running yet? I want to be the first to contribute.

I also have a sheet of roof cladding (non asbestos) lying in the garage going to waste.

The world is going to ****, we really need to help our unfortunate neighbours over at EH11.

Stump up! The big team needs you!

PS

In the meantime, please send all donations in a brown envelope to, Tram Debacl......, er, sorry,

Save Oor Hert's Fund
The Cooncil
Embra.

I don't know if the roofing deal would work out. There is architecture , 'heritage' and 'tradition' to consider.

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 04:14 PM
How about hearts pay us a wadd of cash per year to use easter road? :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

There wouldn't be enough Fabreeze to get the stench of Yam out of our lovely stadium.

Lindsay should be getting "UP YOURS, COUNCIL" tattooed on his ersecheeks in preperation that this becomes a serious offer - to think that we've gotten a shiny new stand out of prudence and sacrificing o team quality for a few years without their help, then Hertz run up huge debts trying and failing to win the SPL (twice) (or the Champions League :taxi) and then they get bailed out by a cash free council who are unlikely to see their investment back?

Hibs should have nothing to do with that racket.

In fact, big Fyfe should get "GET TAE ****" tattoed on his erse as well to really drive home the message to the yams in the council.

basehibby
24-10-2011, 04:48 PM
In todays EEN.

Deputy Council Leader, (Cardownie) offers Hibs the chance to share a planned community stadium after claims of Hearts bias.

Seriously, could you even make this up?

If this is allowed to happen I will want Cardownie's head on a spike at the gates to Edinburgh Castle - as a traitor to the council tax payers of Edinburgh that is exactly what he would deserve.

And that is aside from the incredible bias this would confirm against the Hibees - having changed the goalposts over the Lochend Butterfly deal - costing Hibs millions IIRC - and recently denied us a Sunday license having granted one to the Maroon Balloons in pretty much identical circumstances - an effective gift of millions of pounds of OUR money to the insolvent Yams would be a bridge too far IMO which would justify all sorts of direct protests to expose this ridiculous state of affairs to the nation.

Having suffered the gloating of the Yams as they have bought (relative) success with money they do not have, while Hibs have struggled while endeavouring to run themselves responsibly, I would be absolutely disgusted if their profligacy was rewarded with OUR money at the behest of some inept Jambo fud with too much power and too little brains.

Bostonhibby
24-10-2011, 05:34 PM
this article sums up my thoughts on the matter. I'd vote for someone expressing these views in may

And maybe a wee enquiry of the Local Authority Ombudsman and auditor to see if this is the best use of public funds?

Barney McGrew
24-10-2011, 05:43 PM
When are the next batch of Edinburgh City Council elections due?

I wouldn't have thought many of the councillors would be stupid enough to back this sort of plan if they knew (a) a large proportion of their constituency was against it and (b) elections were close by.

It might be worth a few e-mails to your local member to find out their position on it :whistle:

capi
24-10-2011, 05:48 PM

I was at school with him. He was a Celtic supporter then!

ancient hibee
24-10-2011, 05:53 PM
I was at school with him. He was a Celtic supporter then!

And in the Labour party.

Bostonhibby
24-10-2011, 05:53 PM
This comment just makes him look a fool.

:agree: But the problem is that something about him, or the public office that he holds makes him think its okay to make this sort of statement, it kind of pre supposes that there is a need within the wider populace of Edinburgh that this council funded stadium is desparately required and they are already going ahead with it.

I am pretty sure that there are a number of other obligations that the council have where the funds could be directed and I would be interested to see a list of the groups that are pressing for this amenity to be built so that the funding can be weighed up against other projects or areas that have funds cut back or withdrawn.

ahibby
24-10-2011, 06:13 PM
1874 Subsidised junkies 2011 subsidised junkies nothing has changed apart from their ever mounting debt. As for the SNP councilor, he does more to keep the union together than a million Rangers fans while trying to do the opposite, what a muppet.

TRC
24-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Worst thing is these things will have to be run past the Scottish Parliament and we all know that wee yam fud is in charge there now as well. Also I've met cardownie on a number of occasions and each time he has been a tool of the highest order. Has a fancy for russian/eastern european girls as well, which was covered in the EEN some years ago he also had that god awful pub on shandwick place DA DA DA.

fat freddy
24-10-2011, 06:16 PM
i remember him being involved in the hands off hibs campaign and i thought that he was alright for a jambo at the time...but subsequent career moves suggest that he is an opportunist who will attach himself to any cause that serves to further his career...like most politicians he's best ignored.

Westie1875
24-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Edinburgh doesn't need another stadium, tell the yams they can get to Murrayfield if they're so desperate to move, ground share with the rugger buggers.

Greentinted
24-10-2011, 06:24 PM
When are the next batch of Edinburgh City Council elections due?

I wouldn't have thought many of the councillors would be stupid enough to back this sort of plan if they knew (a) a large proportion of their constituency was against it and (b) elections were close by.

It might be worth a few e-mails to your local member to find out their position on it :whistle:

May 3rd 2012 is the date for next local elections. Hopefully that will see the end of Dawe, Cardownie and the rest of the shysters in the City Chambers.

CentreLine
24-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Please DB can you consider removing this post and can we not bring ourselves down to the level of other supporter forums.

snooky
24-10-2011, 06:42 PM
:singing: "Are you Greece in disguise?, Are you Gre-ee-eece in disguise?"

EasterRoad4Ever
24-10-2011, 06:49 PM

:agree: to the first point.

:agree::agree: to the second point. And a company 98% owned by a Lithuanian, foreign nation with bucket loads of money (allegedly :green grin). This would all be a step too far even for our inept Council, and would be opposed on sooooo many fronts. It is a complete wet dream by the Yams to think the Council will bail these foreign failures out, when they offer the City NOTHING in return.

The Falcon
24-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I wonder if Rod is behind this?, the last time he threatened to ground share with the yams at Straiton, 11,500 season ticket came from nowhere to register thier opposition to the plan.

And the award for the most tenuous attempt to blame Rod goes to.......................:greengrin

Brebners Bookie
24-10-2011, 07:20 PM
If this is allowed to happen I will want Cardownie's head on a spike at the gates to Edinburgh Castle - as a traitor to the council tax payers of Edinburgh that is exactly what he would deserve.

And that is aside from the incredible bias this would confirm against the Hibees - having changed the goalposts over the Lochend Butterfly deal - costing Hibs millions IIRC - and recently denied us a Sunday license having granted one to the Maroon Balloons in pretty much identical circumstances - an effective gift of millions of pounds of OUR money to the insolvent Yams would be a bridge too far IMO which would justify all sorts of direct protests to expose this ridiculous state of affairs to the nation.

Having suffered the gloating of the Yams as they have bought (relative) success with money they do not have, while Hibs have struggled while endeavouring to run themselves responsibly, I would be absolutely disgusted if their profligacy was rewarded with OUR money at the behest of some inept Jambo fud with too much power and too little brains.

What happened there?

Tricla
24-10-2011, 07:32 PM

:top marks

Ozyhibby
24-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Cardownie should be safe in post as I expect the SNP to gain full control of Edinburgh council next may. All the other parties are tainted by involvement with the trams.

PatHead
24-10-2011, 08:18 PM
What happened there?

Council told Hibs to bid based on commercial land values as the land was zoned as non residential then sold it to a house builder .

clerriehibs
24-10-2011, 08:19 PM
What happened there?

council (probably the cardownie/milligan duo) - "we've a bit of land right next to where Hibs are that we want to sell - any takers? No house building, mind. Them's the rules".
Hibs - "ah, we'd like that, to help with our stadium redev, and we can build into the price we offer what we expect to get from developers NOT building houses on what we don't use"
Developer - "stuff the council rules, we'll bid loads, and TELL the council we're gonna bulid houses, because that's where the money is"
Hibs - "hold on a minute - if we can build houses, we'd like to resubmit our offer"
Council - "Sorry Hibs [s******] - the closing date has passed. You didn't beLIEve us about the houses, did you ... [s******]

jabis
24-10-2011, 08:32 PM
And in the Labour party.

we used to get a mixed bunch in the cafe royale,about 30yrs ago.
If I recall correctly S.C. was a seller of the "scocialets weecly"at the time...........tosser.................but then again,5 pints and so am I :agree:

still a tosser though............and I'm sober :greengrin

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I wonder if some of the more sensationalist (i.e. ****) media would be interested in this story?

Sas_The_Hibby
24-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Absolutely spot on.

Is there a Paypal account up and running yet? I want to be the first to contribute..........

There's no need for sectarianism - Vatican slush fund, indeed! :greengrin

greenginger
24-10-2011, 09:00 PM
An even better example of our Council's double standards than the Butterfly site is the land we needed for the new West Stand.

The school had been closed and was for sale and Hibs needed to a 10 meter wide strip behind our old stand to accomodate the new structure.
Our Council refused point blank to deal with Hibs and sold the school building and playground as one lot. Fortunately the Club was able to strike a deal with the new owners and the stand was built.

No help for us from OUR Council then.:grr::grr:

matty_f
24-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't know whether or not anyone else feels the same, but if the council were to look at a community stadium then my preference would be for them to go into partnership with a local, Edinburgh business, Scottish at least.

I think with so many Scottish companies struggling, it would be a huge slap in the face of the local business community to see that level of funding benefiting a foreign company.

clerriehibs
24-10-2011, 09:14 PM
An even better example of our Council's double standards than the Butterfly site is the land we needed for the new West Stand.

The school had been closed and was for sale and Hibs needed to a 10 meter wide strip behind our old stand to accomodate the new structure.
Our Council refused point blank to deal with Hibs and sold the school building and playground as one lot. Fortunately the Club was able to strike a deal with the new owners and the stand was built.

No help for us from OUR Council then.:grr::grr:

The double standards don't get much more explicit than this ... http://www.thefreelibrary.com/IT'S+UNHIBBY+HOUR%3B+Council+chiefs+reject+club's+ plea+to+open+bar+at...-a0266191048

The Harp
24-10-2011, 09:19 PM

Good post basehibby - it would need to be a sturdy spike to bear the weight of Cardownie's head.
If we were ever in doubt as to just how much of a Yam bias this council has, they've made it crystal clear with this proposal and the insulting remarks made by this numpty of a deputy leader.
How on earth the council can even consider such a plan when they're cutting essential services and laying off staff in addition to lumbering council tax payers with a level of debt that would make your eyes water, is beyond belief.
Roll on the council elections next May when we have the chance to wipe that smug smile off Cardownie's face and consign him to the dustbin of incompetent politicians. .

Kato
24-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Typical smarm from a low-grade junketeer.

Don't forget he was the first jumbloid who made contact with His Vladness.

He's trying to take the piss.

clerriehibs
24-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Typical smarm from a low-grade junketeer.

Don't forget he was the first jumbloid who made contact with His Vladness.

He's trying to take the piss.

smarm, yes, taking the p!ss, yes, but also sounds like a smug, arrogant (comes with the hearts low-life territory) git who thinks and maybe knows he's going to pull it off.

WhileTheChief..
24-10-2011, 09:41 PM
What happened there?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs_owner_in_demand_for_answers_to_land_sale_1_13 37248

Kato
24-10-2011, 09:56 PM
but also sounds like a smug, arrogant (comes with the hearts low-life territory) git who thinks and maybe knows he's going to pull it off.

I thought that went without saying!!

But I'm glad you said it. :greengrin

TonyMontana1875
24-10-2011, 10:10 PM
He deeks like Uncle ******.

lucky
24-10-2011, 10:40 PM
We should organise an anti Cardownie campaign or candidate against this parasite at the next election

smurf
24-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Back in 2000 i faxed to Sir Tom Farmer a councillor Maureen Child letter to me confirming the sale of the land before it had been confirmed.

Sir Tom telephoned me from the states asking if i would speak to the press.

I did and it was a front page splash in the Edinburgh Evening News.

Seriously fellow Hibbys we simply must challenge this latest pro Yam Edinburgh Council move.

It's unethical on so many different fronts.

Northernhibee
24-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Back in 2000 i faxed to Sir Tom Farmer a councillor Maureen Child letter to me confirming the sale of the land before it had been confirmed.

Seriously fellow Hibbys we simply must challenge this latest pro Yam Edinburgh Council move.

This is what being a Hibee is all about - some of us may question the way that our football club is run, but we've paid for Easter Road out of our own pocket the hard way, we can't let an injustice like what is being proposed happen.

CB_NO3
25-10-2011, 01:17 AM

Count me in.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-10-2011, 05:27 AM
After trams fiasco it is clear the council cannot run such large capex projects
So who would take all the risks? No thanks
No no NO!

greenginger
25-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Can someone get a letter off to the Council Chief Executive demanding Cardownie does not take part in any discussions on any proposals for a Community Stadium in Edinburgh.
He has undoubtedly got a vested interest as a Yam supporter, season ticket, and maybe even a share holder too as well as having connections to the owner.

Tell the new Council Chief we will bring a charge of mal-administration against the Council if Cardownie gets anywhere near the decision making on this issue.

Phil D. Rolls
25-10-2011, 10:47 AM
This freeloading loser is surely taking the **ss. Wait until we have redeveloped our stadium then offer us the option of groundsharing a non-existing one. Very good.

Outrageous if the council are even giving this one second of serious thought. How do they justify bailing out a private company, owned by a muti-millionaire foreign banker, that has been a victim of its own greed, gross mismanagement and unrealistic fiscal policy.

They should concentrate on helping get the city back on its feet after the damage they've done there.

Cardownie is and always has been a complete and utter clown (Remember this? (http://www.thefreelibrary.com/RIP-OFF+STEVE+DROPS+HIS+TROUSERS+CLAIM.-a060265540)) who will jump at the chance to do anything within his power to help the Gorgie mob and hinder Hibs. The idiotic picture of him says it all. Get this man out.

Don't like the man, but was Codona not a speaker at the Hands Off Hibs rally?

Kato
25-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Don't like the man, but was Codona not a speaker at the Hands Off Hibs rally?

Can't remember if he spoke at the rally but he was involved at the time - mainly trying to get Hibs to move to Meadowbank.

Kato
25-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Put it this way.

If the Council offer Hearts a piece of land to build on, what chance is there that Romanov will fork out for the building of a new ground.

Very little IMHO.

greenginger
25-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Put it this way.

If the Council offer Hearts a piece of land to build on, what chance is there that Romanov will fork out for the building of a new ground.

Very little IMHO.

Yeah, but the Council would offer to pay for the " community use " part of the project -- 95%

everything apart from the Club badge and the War Memorial :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Cant they not just lend themselves the money for a new stadium? :confused:

aljo7-0
25-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Cant they not just lend themselves the money for a new stadium? :confused:

Better still - could they just not take a stadium on loan from Kaunas?

Bad Martini
25-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Canny decide what I'd like to see first:

The huns go bust, with the mass of cash owed to Her Majesty (ironically) OR
The yams go bust, with the mass of cash owed to every **** (including their own players)

In fact, ideal scenario;
They both go bust after we get a chance to pump them both once more :greengrin

Shower of merricks.

ENDOF

Hibs Class
25-10-2011, 11:51 AM
If they have to move they should go to Murrayfield - no cost to the Council and it meets the requirements of their "customers" of being within 5 miles of the PBS. There is no business / financial / community case for any Council involvement at all.

southfieldhibby
25-10-2011, 11:51 AM

Because as sure as the pope is catholic, once the property market recovers ever so slightly, the cooncil will be back with their plan to punt Meadowbank and explain it away with the east has the jack kane, the west will have the new whatever they build.
More public assets/facilities punted by this council to allow them to continue to screw us all...Leith Water world closes in January, yet another example.

Gatecrasher
25-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Because as sure as the pope is catholic, once the property market recovers ever so slightly, the cooncil will be back with their plan to punt Meadowbank and explain it away with the east has the jack kane, the west will have the new whatever they build.
More public assets/facilities punted by this council to allow them to continue to screw us all...Leith Water world closes in January, yet another example.

man, Edinburgh council sucks. WLC at least keep building shopping centres to pay for stuff :greengrin