PDA

View Full Version : New stadium for Edinburgh rugby and/or Hearts? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/downloads/file/6125/report_on_stadium_options_for_heart_of_midlothan_f ootball_club

flash
07-11-2011, 10:57 AM
They are obvious bedfellows. two odious, corrupt organisations in cahoots to defraud the people of Edinburgh.
Well we will see about that.

Golden Bear
07-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Perhaps we should send out the begging bowl to ECC and ask them to fork out £15000 in consultancy fees which Hibs could make good use of in their search for a new Manager.

It seems fair enough to me.

greenlex
07-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Perhaps we should send out the begging bowl to ECC and ask them to fork out £15000 in consultancy fees which Hibs could make good use of in their search for a new Manager.

It seems fair enough to me.

Good shout.:agree:

flash
07-11-2011, 11:02 AM
This needs aired at the AGM. Hibs have to be involved in every step of the process.

IndieHibby
07-11-2011, 11:03 AM
We should ask for a written underwriting from the council that, when we splurge £60,000,000 in debt on attempting footballing success, they will bail us out to the tune of the proposed Hearts, sorry, I mean "Community" investment in whatever form we choose.

Every argument he makes about Heart's employment or spending could be equally applicable to Hibs, or any other business. There has to be some recourse to the notion that if the council help Hearts, and not spend equivalent on Hibs (or any other city team), then they are intervening in the contest between these clubs.

That cannot be legal. If no one knows if it is or not, it should be tested in court.

Otherwise, what is the point of trying to compete!?

DaveF
07-11-2011, 11:03 AM
"Huge investment is currently being made in Glasgow's sporting infrastructure to support the 2014 Commonwealth Games. It would be a failure of ambition if Scotland's capital city, which is forecast to see its population grow to over 530,000 over the next 20 years, did not begin to think seriously and creatively about the sporting infrastructure that a successful capital city requires."

So what about Meadowbank then Dave?

Not one word about it in your Hearts love in ramble.

Shame on Dave Anderson and CEC.

CraigHibee
07-11-2011, 11:11 AM
if this shower of dirty maroon faced get a bail out from the council for a new stadium they can kiss goodbye to any contribution to council tax from me! getting taxed to fund the jambos? chances!

Golden Bear
07-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I've just "googled" David Anderson - Edinburgh City Council and one of the sites that came up is "Edinburgh Sucks - Crossroads"!

The site is currently undergoing a quick shave and brush up but it will be back and the guilty parties can apparently now be named. I think we should all watch this one with interest.

:greengrin

Caversham Green
07-11-2011, 11:14 AM
This needs aired at the AGM. Hibs have to be involved in every step of the process.

:agree: The AGM looks like being a whinge-fest about managers right now, and while those points need to be aired, they're not really going to change much. On the other hand, the club must take a stance on this issue and a discussion at the AGM should be the starting point.

Geo_1875
07-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Dear Mr Anderson
As an Edinburgh Council Tax payer of long standing I'd be grateful to know if you would be able to assist me in my hour of need.
My neighbour has recently purchased a top of the range Mercedes car which is the envy of all who survey it parked on his driveway. In fact it puts my recent MOT failure to shame. It makes me wonder how he can afford it as he can't earn as much as I do. After all, I am his boss. He has never been one for foreign holidays, smart clothes or hanging out with Edinburgh's elite.
I just think it so unfair that he should have such a superior car to mine when so many people have commented on the character and atmosphere of my 1972 Ford Capri. I know it is nasty pink colour but that is the primer, I never got round to paying for the respray.
Anyway, as I said it is an MOT failure and doesn't meet road safety standards (I still drive it though). If you could see your way to help me in my hour of need by buying a bigger better car than my neighbour's and loaning it to me I promise I'll make as many payments towards it as other commitments will allow. Please note I've recently lost my job so this may prove difficult.
Yours in Anticipation
Brother A Profligate
Lodge Gorgie 6207

basehibby
07-11-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20111107/stadium-update_2241384_2508476

Certain councillors seem determined to subsidise a Lithuanian banking and investment group's failed investment.

UNBe-f******-lievable this is - a statement from a council employee which can basically be paraphrased as.....

"The Yams have totally screwed up by over-spending ludicrously on their owner's cock-eyed fantasy football and hence cannot afford the move out of their scabby tip of a stadium which they SHOULD have been spending their money on over the last 10 years if they had even a sliver of a sense of fiscal responsibilty. As a corrupt jumped up jambo with far more power over budget than I deserve, I have therefore taken it upon myself to abuse my position as Director of City Development to push for the wholly inappropriate allocation of Edinburgh Council Tax payers' money towards the technically insolvent plaything of a shady Russian absentee owner known as Heart of Midlothian FC - to the detriment of many more deserving applicants for city funds such as child care provision, keeping schools open and keeping more worthwhile council employees in a job - not to mention Hearts' fiscally responsible city competitors Hibernian FC - whom as a fully affiliated Council Jambo, I would not piss on if they were on fire and will continue to obstruct at every opportunity. I have therefore extended fully my brass neck in wasting c £15,000 of tax payers' money on trying to persuade councillors that this is a good idea.
Insincerely,
David "brass-necked-jambo-basturd-who-should-be-sacked" Anderson"

This is a complete travesty and cannot be allowed to slip under the radar - some of us protested to get rid of Calderwood - this would be worthy of protest not just by any Hibby but by any council tax payer with an ounce of justice in their bones.

Peevemor
07-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I've just downloaded and had a quick read of the study.

You don't get much for £30k these days do you? :cool2:

The stuff posted on the blog is basically an attempt to justify the Council's involvement in commissioning the report, but the 50% x £30K to describe what's wrong with Tynecastle and their original pie in the sky development plans should not have been paid from public money.

I'd be going mental if I still lived in Edinburgh.

Peevemor
07-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Dear Mr Anderson
As an Edinburgh Council Tax payer of long standing I'd be grateful to know if you would be able to assist me in my hour of need.
My neighbour has recently purchased a top of the range Mercedes car which is the envy of all who survey it parked on his driveway. In fact it puts my recent MOT failure to shame. It makes me wonder how he can afford it as he can't earn as much as I do. After all, I am his boss. He has never been one for foreign holidays, smart clothes or hanging out with Edinburgh's elite.
I just think it so unfair that he should have such a superior car to mine when so many people have commented on the character and atmosphere of my 1972 Ford Capri. I know it is nasty pink colour but that is the primer, I never got round to paying for the respray.
Anyway, as I said it is an MOT failure and doesn't meet road safety standards (I still drive it though). If you could see your way to help me in my hour of need by buying a bigger better car than my neighbour's and loaning it to me I promise I'll make as many payments towards it as other commitments will allow. Please note I've recently lost my job so this may prove difficult.
Yours in Anticipation
Brother A Profligate
Lodge Gorgie 6207

:top marks

lapsedhibee
Dear Mr Anderson
Anyway, as I said it is an MOT failure and doesn't meet road safety standards (I still drive it though). If you could see your way to help me in my hour of need by buying a bigger better car than my neighbour's and loaning it to me I promise I'll make as many payments towards it as other commitments will. Please note I've recently lost my job so this may prove difficult.
Yours in Anticipation
Brother A Profligate
Lodge Gorgie 6207

Dear Mr 1875

The key question here, which you have failed to address, is whether your neighbour is happy with his superior product. As you may know it is the council's policy to redress any imbalance in its citizens' state of happiness. If he were happy with his purchase then of course we would be obliged to help you out, but as there is no proper evidence of this I must regretfully advise you to gtf.

Corruptly

A J Lackey

Golden Bear

The stuff posted on the Blog is basically an attempt to justify the Council's involvement in commissioning the report, but the 50% x £30K to tell describe what's wrong with Tynecastle and their original pie in the sky develoment plans should not have been paid from public money.

Plus the fact that Consultants usually come up with the conclusions that their paymasters would like to see.

Stevie Reid
I really thought that this had been put to bed once and for all, last week.

They surely cannot be seriously considering helping them out even more.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Dear Mr Anderson
Yours in Anticipation
Brother A Profligate
Lodge Gorgie 6207

:thumbsup:

Peevemor
07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Plus the fact that Consultants usually come up with the conclusions that their paymasters would like to see.

:agree: Can someone explain what the email on p149 is all about? :wtf:

basehibby
07-11-2011, 11:33 AM
:agree: The AGM looks like being a whinge-fest about managers right now, and while those points need to be aired, they're not really going to change much. On the other hand, the club must take a stance on this issue and a discussion at the AGM should be the starting point.

:agree: THis has GOT TO be raised at the AGM. We need to make sure everything is done to ensure the Yams are given no more unfair advantages by the ECC.

flash
07-11-2011, 11:36 AM
dave.anderson@edinburgh.gov.uk

Just if anyone is interested.

HFC07
07-11-2011, 11:40 AM
This makes no sense at all, with all the financial problems at Tynecastle - unpaid wages and tax issues why does ECC think that this would be a viable or sensible financial option to jump into bed with Romanov?????

Anybody with any financial clout would stay well clear of this lot - some folk really baffle me
:rolleyes:

DaveF
07-11-2011, 11:43 AM
The constant references to Hearts and their £60 million investment in playing staff without so much as a counter reference to their immense debt, wanton disregard for finance and reliability of one man for their very survival just makes this whole thing laughable - if it wasn't so serious.

It's basically a green light from the report authors but then they have just pocketed £30 grand to put that pile of pish together so I expected nothing less.

Caversham Green
07-11-2011, 11:44 AM

The stuff posted on the blog is basically an attempt to justify the Council's involvement in commissioning the report, but the 50% x £30K to describe what's wrong with Tynecastle and their original pie in the sky development plans should not have been paid from public money.

Even more interesting is that Doig & Smith were involved in that report saying that Tynie is unfit for purpose and impossible to develop. They were also involved in the original plans for the Megastand three years ago. What has changed?

Peevemor
07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Even more interesting is that Doig & Smith were involved in that report saying that Tynie is unfit for purpose and impossible to develop. They were also involved in the original plans for the Megastand three years ago. What has changed?

IIRC, they were also the QS for the building of the 3 pink bus shelters, ie. when the original cock-up was made regarding the pitch size.

BEEJ
07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20111107/stadium-update_2241384_2508476

Certain councillors seem determined to subsidise a Lithuanian banking and investment group's failed investment.
That might explain this excerpt from the Mad One's latest proclamation over the road.

"There is only one solution left - to turn our attention to the products of our football academy in the hope that this situation will at some point and somehow improve by itself. Finally, the powers that be have begun discussing a new stadium - it seems like the politicians have developed some sort of responsibility to their own citizens, or maybe their human side has been awoken.

I thought the bit in bold didn't augur well. :rolleyes:

HFC07
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM

I'd imagine preasure from Hearts to state that it is unfit for purpose and the only option is a move from Tynecastle and get the ball rolling on a joint venture with ECC

IWasThere2016
07-11-2011, 11:50 AM
I cannae see this happening ..

Peevemor
07-11-2011, 11:51 AM

If they did try to move it forward, I would suggest a Council Tax strike by anyone opposed to it.

Caversham Green
07-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Unfortunately, Vlad and a number of councillors and council employees evidently can.

EskbankHibby
07-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Pretty much how i read it, whole blog an attempt to justify the Council's £15k involvement, arse covering exercise.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm ignorant on business taxes and rates. If you make a loss do you offset them against amounts due for tax and/or rates. And if so have the yams been paying the bsiness rates to the council?

grunt
07-11-2011, 12:00 PM
I see that the word "Meadowbank" doesn't appear anywhere in the 163 page report. Perhaps not surprisingly, as the Report is titled "Report on Stadium Options for HoMFC". This whole story about a community stadium has been made up. Anyway, we have a Council owned Community Stadium, which would benefit from some investment.

one day maybe...
07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Edinburgh’s economy depends on successful, growing businesses (What happens to those businesses, which have spent money on their premises in and around the Gorgie area? Do we just allow them to go belly up due to a fall in operating revenues? Shall we build them new premises also, at this new magnificent sporting facility?)And, as befits a club operating in Scotland’s inspiring capital city, Hearts aspire to be successful both on and off field (Oh well I am sorry they may aspire to be successful on and off the park but they are not, what a stupid statement every business aspires to be successful, that’s why people set up in business. Many people have lost money and all their worldly possessions through miss management. Hearts are merely going to be one of them). However like many businesses they are constrained by their current premises. (Well they should have spent money maintaining the dump).
I am sorry Mr Anderson, but how can any decent taxpayer within the Edinburgh City Council area think this a great idea. The need for new schools, proper city infrastructure, and the bloody trams finished off. Not money thrown at a struggling football team with no pot to piss in.

greenginger
07-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Unfortunately, Vlad and a number of councillors and council employees evidently can.

Is it not the case E.U. , Scottish Gov. , Council's own regulations strictly forbid any partnerships,contracts etc with Companies that cannot provide at least 3 years of clean certified accounts.

Hearts auditors comments on lack of evidence of them being a "going concern" and the ongoing HMRC investigation , the current petition for administration order, and the regular 5 month delay in submitting annual accounts all point to HOMFC. being an unsuitable company for the council to deal with.

This has to be hammered home in the press and in E-mails Etc to the Council.

GreenPJ
07-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I have no issue in Hearts receiving financial assistance from the council on the basis that

a) Hibs receive the same pound for pound equivalent (and as we have a compliant ground and training facility we will take it in hard cash).
b) There is no increase in council tax to subsidise this or any other council funded public service is not materially effected.

Maybe Steve Cardonhie will forego his DB pension to help start the pot growing.

Seanair
07-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Mr Anderson claims success in Bolton, Hull and Preston. All one-club towns.

Don't remember CEC offering to help Hibs develop ER and help the small businesses in Easter Road, Leith Walk etc.:grr:

poolman
07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Im a thick plank when it comes to finance

But how in the hell have the Yams invested £60m in the last six years :confused:

They surely would not be £30m in the red if they had

Maybe Caversham could give me a better insight :agree:

Sergio sledge
07-11-2011, 01:32 PM

You'd have thought that for £30,000 they'd be able to get our stadium capacity correct:

Note that Aberdeen's new stadium is planned to accomodate 22,000 and Hibernian presently accomodates up to 17,500.

Peevemor
07-11-2011, 01:33 PM
You'd have thought that for £30,000 they'd be able to get our stadium capacity correct:

That's one of the first things I noticed. :nerd:

johnrebus
07-11-2011, 01:34 PM
CEC came out last week and stated this would not be happening.

Perhaps this fella Anderson was on holiday/junket, last week and nobody has told him?

:rolleyes:

Caversham Green
07-11-2011, 01:40 PM

But how in the hell have the Yams invested £60m in the last six years :confused:

Can't really help you with that one unless it's a misuse of the word 'invested'. I would propose 'wasted' as a more suitable word. the comment is utterly irrelevant to the case for a new stadium anyway.

Kato
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
The report that DoigSmith and GVA have produced helps point the way forward to potential solutions and will enable the debate at the Council's December Economic Development Committee meeting to proceed on the basis of the best available information.

Next episode of the soap opera not to far away.

Maybe we should ask the CEC council for a list of the ways in which they have helped Hibs develop Easter Road over the last 20 years - just to put this proposed idea of helping Hearts into perspective. I'm a bit confused about the bits where they go on about being "keen to develop sporting facilities within the City" - Hibs had to go and work with East Lothian Council to get things done.

Brebners Bookie
07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Thought this was over. Surely there can be no justification for this, legally or morally.

Golden Bear
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Thought this was over. Surely there can be no justification for this, legally or morally.

Cough Cough --------------- I give you the TRAMS.

Lofarl
07-11-2011, 04:03 PM
There's more chance of Rod unveiling Fergie as our new manager than ECC building Hearts a new stadium. Vlad has yet again jumped the gun on this as he is desperate to get Hearts out of Slimecastle.

The council stated last month and various email replys from other City Councilers clearly stated that this is dead. Despite what one of them has posted on the Yams website. Christ there's more chance of Wallace Mercer being given a stand named after him at ER.

Golden Bear
07-11-2011, 04:10 PM
There's more chance of Rod unveiling Fergie as our new manager than ECC building Hearts a new stadium. Vlad has yet again jumped the gun on this as he is desperate to get Hearts out of Slimecastle.

The council stated last month and various email replys from other City Councilers clearly stated that this is dead. Despite what one of them has posted on the Yams website. Christ there's more chance of Wallace Mercer being given a stand named after him at ER.

Councillors are a breed apart and what they say in public and what they then decide behind closed doors can be entirely different. The Hibernian community can't afford to take our eye off the ball on this one.

Andy74
07-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Councillors are a breed apart and what they say in public and what they then decide behind closed doors can be entirely different. The Hibernian community can't afford to take our eye off the ball on this one.

Correct. Wouldn't trust many Councillors and this one needs watched. Not that I'm an Edinburgh Council tax payer but never mind.

They could easily get out of the lack of support for Hibs or assisting a private company piece by selling this as a stand alone venture where their capital and interest output was going to be recouped and then some by rental. I don't believe that but they may try to fly this one on that basis.

Capt Mainwaring
07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
dave.anderson@edinburgh.gov.uk

Just if anyone is interested.

Good shout Sir. Public Officials with personal agendas need to be rooted out!

Phil D. Rolls
07-11-2011, 05:24 PM
I've just "googled" David Anderson - Edinburgh City Council and one of the sites that came up is "Edinburgh Sucks - Crossroads"!

The site is currently undergoing a quick shave and brush up but it will be back and the guilty parties can apparently now be named. I think we should all watch this one with interest.

Thanks for the heads up, I thought The Bassa had jacked it all in. Good to know he's still on the case.

tamig
07-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Something I've not seen written in this saga is if Hertz have paid their 15k share of the bill. With their track record for late/no payment I'd be very surprised if they have.

The_Todd
07-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I like this bit

The difficulties associated with redeveloping Tynecastle won't go away, should the Council simply choose to ignore them

Why is it the council's problem to ignore? If Hearts are serious about moving to a new stadium then I agree the council could maybe go easy on the planning consent within reason (like Haringey council and Spurs) but the rest should be up to Hearts.

Why do the council insist on treating Hearts like a helpless child who can't do anything for themselves?

Kaiser1962
07-11-2011, 05:49 PM

I would suspect this figure includes the equity swaps, PAYE and VAT. It will also include the money/interest payments made to Kaunus/UKIO/UBIG which I suspect wasnt "invested" anywhere near Edinburgh.

There have been questions raised by their auditors for years now and am concerned that ECC did not address this when entering into discussions with them. All the groups accounts should be open to examination before one penny of public money is used. I hope STF and Rod are watching this one very closely (I would suspect they are)

Has anybody mentioned how they will finance this with the Council Tax freeze still in force.

TrinityHibs
07-11-2011, 06:18 PM
IIRC, they were also the QS for the building of the 3 pink bus shelters, ie. when the original cock-up was made regarding the pitch size.

You recall incorrectly however there is a link. Doig and Smith are headed up by a guy called Stuart Cobb who used to work with a company called Cobb McCallum although the Cobb was his father Eddie. Cobb McCallum were QS's on the first 2 stands which were built using a quasi constructon management contract. Dont know about the third stand. The Architect was Waldos pal Jim Clydesdale who not only provided the construction management expertise but was also paid a FULL fee for his architectural input. Take from that what you will.

Interestingly Eddie Cobb was patrt of syndicate of local Edinburgh cardigan wearers who were supposedly interested in buying Hertz when the pieman was sniffing about. The cynic in me says theye were just there to bump the price.

ADMINS if there is anything that causes a problem here please amend delete as you see fit

clerriehibs
07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
I like this bit

Why is it the council's problem to ignore? If Hearts are serious about moving to a new stadium then I agree the council could maybe go easy on the planning consent within reason (like Haringey council and Spurs) but the rest should be up to Hearts.

Why do the council insist on treating Hearts like a helpless child who can't do anything for themselves?

Rhetorical?

clerriehibs
07-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I like this bit

But do they not already have consent for a 12500 mega-stand right where they are?

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2011, 07:44 AM
But do they not already have consent for a 12500 mega-stand right where they are?

No. They submitted the application but there was no decision.

Did anyone else receive a (tedious) reply from Dave "I'm a St. Johnstone fan really" Anderson?

greenginger
08-11-2011, 07:59 AM

Did anyone else receive a (tedious) reply from Dave "I'm a St. Johnstone fan really" Anderson?

Yeah, I did. Thanked me for providing him with the information on Hearts auditors statements in their accounts re. "going concern basis of HOMFC" and the ongoing HMRC inquiry, which he did not seem to be aware of.

Also waffle about nothing being agreed or decided . I won't be leaving it at that, and will reply once I've done a bit more research. :aok:

Sergey
08-11-2011, 06:03 PM

IIRC - they're still in dispute with the council about the purchase of a piece of land (in might have been the school) whereupon a fee was pre-agreed but Hertz reneged. 'T'was about £5m.

Without checking, I'm sure that was a stumbling block.

greenginger
08-11-2011, 08:45 PM
IIRC - they're still in dispute with the council about the purchase of a piece of land (in might have been the school) whereupon a fee was pre-agreed but Hertz reneged. 'T'was about £5m.

Without checking, I'm sure that was a stumbling block.

I Googled COMAH Heart of Midlothian and found a Council Report from April 2008 signed by Dave Anderson to the Council Finance and Resources Committee laying out the agreement between the Council, Hearts and the Distillery on how the Comah. Zone would be removed.

Part of the agreement made by the club is to buy the Adult training Centre / nursery for £1.8 million and the school for £4.1 million.

The Council would then share a third of the cost of moving the spirit storage vessels.

Hearts then renegaded on the agreement so it is somehow the Council Tax Payers responsibility to build them a new stadium.

clerriehibs
08-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I Googled COMAH Heart of Midlothian and found a Council Report from April 2008 signed by Dave Anderson to the Council Finance and Resources Committee laying out the agreement between the Council, Hearts and the Distillery on how the Comah. Zone would be removed.

Part of the agreement made by the club is to buy the Adult training Centre / nursery for £1.8 million and the school for £4.1 million.

The Council would then share a third of the cost of moving the spirit storage vessels.

Hearts then renegaded on the agreement so it is somehow the Council Tax Payers responsibility to build them a new stadium.

Good find. So effectively, all this nonsense about hearts being suffocated and unable to redevelop swynecastle because of the COMAH is a lie by council employees AND elected reps?

grunt
08-11-2011, 09:06 PM
... Council Report from April 2008 signed by Dave Anderson to the Council Finance and Resources Committee laying out the agreement between the Council, Hearts and the Distillery on how the Comah. Zone would be removed.http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=comah%20heart%20of%20midlothian&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDgQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edinburgh.gov.uk%2Fdownload%2 Fmeetings%2Fid%2F7012%2Ftynecastle_redevelopment_p roposals&ei=zKa5TqvzE8LX8gOWzeC3Bw&usg=AFQjCNFAj2ZkPJi3Iy93CZHie1446MpmXg

greenginger
08-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Good find. So effectively, all this nonsense about hearts being suffocated and unable to redevelop swynecastle because of the COMAH is a lie by council employees AND elected reps?

Its not so much a Lie, more the Council being economical with the Truth.

The Comah can still be overcome but Hearts refuse to pay their agreed share but don't expect the Council to be open about such matters.

Its not the way things are done in Lithuania ! :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2011, 06:33 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/community_stadium_back_on_agenda_1_1952384

We can't let up on this nonsense.

lapsedhibee
09-11-2011, 07:46 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/community_stadium_back_on_agenda_1_1952384

We can't let up on this nonsense.

:agree: Absolutely staggering what Cardownie thinks he can get away with here.

PatHead
09-11-2011, 08:14 AM
In one of the articles attached to this thread (sorry I can't find it now) a mention is made of a planning meeting in December when the plans may be discussed.

Is this likely to be a public meeting and if so I would suggest it is important that as many council taxpayers are represented as possible. In order it is not seen as a Hearts v Hibs debate I would also suggest the meeting is attended by anyone involved in organisations who have had their grants cut. Particularly if their organisation involves the development of community or sport.

Pressure has to be kept up.

Spike Mandela
09-11-2011, 08:49 AM
These quotes continually mention the investment being made in Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games 2014. As far as I am aware these do not include any provision for football but rather athletics,gymnastics and velodrome etc.:confused:

This I would welcome.

The city is well covered for football in the shape of ER, Tynecastle and Murrayfield. Councillors really should be pushed on why the need for investment in another football park.

DaveF
09-11-2011, 09:23 AM
In one of the articles attached to this thread (sorry I can't find it now) a mention is made of a planning meeting in December when the plans may be discussed.

Is this likely to be a public meeting and if so I would suggest it is important that as many council taxpayers are represented as possible. In order it is not seen as a Hearts v Hibs debate I would also suggest the meeting is attended by anyone involved in organisations who have had their grants cut. Particularly if their organisation involves the development of community or sport.

Pressure has to be kept up.

20th December, and yes the meeting is open to the public. Get yourself along there.

bighairyfaeleith
09-11-2011, 10:53 AM
received a reply from Gordon Munro of Labour today showing a letter he has sent to the EN asking basically the same questions as us, it hasn't yet been printed. BVasically though he highlights the different stories coming out of the council and how this proposal has not underwent any due process yet and has already been given the green light in the media by certain councillors.

I think we may want to think about writing to the evening news asking the question why no one at the council or hearts has looked into the feasibility of a ground share, because if it's just because the ground wouldn't have there logos on the door then this is a piss poor reason to spend millions of taxpayers money.

down the slope
09-11-2011, 11:12 AM
This from the EN , http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/views_sought_over_cash_gap_1_1955524

How does anyone in their right mind on the council think that they could build a stadium for THEM in this financial climate ?.

bighairyfaeleith
09-11-2011, 11:18 AM
This from the EN , http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/around-the-capital/views_sought_over_cash_gap_1_1955524

How does anyone in their right mind on the council think that they could build a stadium for THEM in this financial climate ?.

Answered your own question there mate!!

clerriehibs
09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
:agree: Absolutely staggering what Cardownie thinks he can get away with here.

Thinks? I think it's going quite swimmingly for him.

Bishop Hibee
09-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Agree 100%. Dave Anderson is obviously a total stooge unwilling to stand up to Cardownie and co but willing to make a monkey of the leader of the committee to which he is accountable.

The Evening News stance in all this is an absolute scandal too. Any other such proposed waste of taxpayers money would have editorials baying against it but not a cheep of protest from the Johnson press.

Make no mistake, if the trams can happen so can this carbuncle. We ALL need to protest to our local politicians especially with the local elections coming up in May next year. If you are in Cardownie's ward, make him pay with the boot and I say this as someone who usually votes SNP.

lapsedhibee
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM

Not saying he won't get away with it, it's just the brazenness of the way he's going about it that drops my jaw.

clerriehibs
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Agree 100%. Dave Anderson is obviously a total stooge unwilling to stand up to Cardownie and co but willing to make a monkey of the leader of the committee to which he is accountable.

The Evening News stance in all this is an absolute scandal too. Any other such proposed waste of taxpayers money would have editorials baying against it but not a cheep of protest from the Johnson press.

Make no mistake, if the trams can happen so can this carbuncle. We ALL need to protest to our local politicians especially with the local elections coming up in May next year. If you are in Cardownie's ward, make him pay with the boot and I say this as someone who usually votes SNP.

Unlike others, I get no reply from my councillor - Kate Mackenzie. I also tried cardownie, and snowden after his ripping reply to someone else. Nothing, Nowt. Nada.

PatHead
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
20th December, and yes the meeting is open to the public. Get yourself along there.

Take it the venue is City Chambers?

Moulin Yarns
11-11-2011, 08:16 AM
No stadium can be built on existing playing fields, so long as we support the royals :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpWpsDxwa40

doddsy
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
i have been so angry that council jobsworth dave anderson wants to use the citizens money to pay off some of hearts debt and bless them with a new stadium. this is a new low by the hmfc supporters on the council and should be given the contempt that it deserves. hmfc have spent zillions on players wages while we have had to be prudent and sell players to modernise the stadium. the teams in scotland have to bat from a level playing field and cut their cloth accordingly. i would be just as dismayed if dundee utd were helped by dundee council while dundee fc were not for example. if dave anderson continues to attempt to garner support for his crazy scheme then he should be sacked from his high paid job. FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY FOR ALL CITIZENS OF EDINBURGH.

Sprouleflyer
11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
i have been so angry that council jobsworth dave anderson wants to use the citizens money to pay off some of hearts debt and bless them with a new stadium. this is a new low by the hmfc supporters on the council and should be given the contempt that it deserves. hmfc have spent zillions on players wages while we have had to be prudent and sell players to modernise the stadium. the teams in scotland have to bat from a level playing field and cut their cloth accordingly. i would be just as dismayed if dundee utd were helped by dundee council while dundee fc were not for example. if dave anderson continues to attempt to garner support for his crazy scheme then he should be sacked from his high paid job. FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY FOR ALL CITIZENS OF EDINBURGH.

Here, here!!!!

How many 0's are in a zillion? :devil:

Stevie Reid
11-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Alas, I thought the thread title was a definitive statement from the council that they would get nothing.

Hibernia Na Eir
11-11-2011, 11:43 AM
its almost like, they spent £millions to win 2 Cups but Edinburgh tax payers will foot the bill for their shockingly poor management (and the two cups).

HFC07
11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Alas, I thought the thread title was a definitive statement from the council that they would get nothing.

im also waiting for this document that states on no uncertain terms are ECC venturing into a joint partnership with Hearts.

Geo_1875
11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
im also waiting for this document that states on no uncertain terms are ECC venturing into a joint partnership with Hearts.

the council is CEC. If ECK gets involved Liebour will fight it to the death.

MB62
11-11-2011, 12:28 PM
If the unthinkable happened and the Yams were backed by CEC to this extent, they would get not another penny from me in council tax.

One Day Soon
11-11-2011, 01:17 PM

What are you talking about? Labour are already opposing it as the replies from their councillors have made clear.

What we need is a clear statement from the Lib/Dem-SNP coalition running Edinburgh that they will not be allowing any such deal to go ahead. However given that they have already allowed £15,000 of Council Tax payer money to be spent on a feasibility study I suspect that we can guess what their views are - or at least were until it became public.

Geo_1875
11-11-2011, 01:47 PM
What are you talking about? Labour are already opposing it as the replies from their councillors have made clear.

What we need is a clear statement from the Lib/Dem-SNP coalition running Edinburgh that they will not be allowing any such deal to go ahead. However given that they have already allowed £15,000 of Council Tax payer money to be spent on a feasibility study I suspect that we can guess what their views are - or at least were until it became public.

Not all Councillors have come out olne side or the other. They will not be decided on parties rather the team they "support". When the party Fuerher's give an opinion there will be a line drawn in the sand and we'll find out who "supports" what.. As far as the 15k for the report goes I'd bet that that was authorised by Council officials without reference to any elected person.

lucky
11-11-2011, 03:34 PM

Try reading the facts before posting trash. It's Cardownie leader of the SNP who is behind this. The city is run by Lib Den/ SNP coalition. Nothing to do with the Scottish Labour party

basehibby
11-11-2011, 03:38 PM

Why hang about?

SACK HIM NOW !!! :chop::brokenyam::titanic:

cam2644
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Subsidising a commercial concern ( a polite name for Hearts) is difficult territory for any Council.It's surely not beyond a few lawyers to shoot this one down before it goes any further and wastes yet more taxpayers' money

Golden Bear
11-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Subsidising a commercial concern ( a polite name for Hearts) is difficult territory for any Council.It's surely not beyond a few lawyers to shoot this one down before it goes any further and wastes yet more taxpayers' money

Unfortunately it's the "Community facility " angle that the Council will use as their justification for squanding yet more public money on a badly thought out Project.

Springbank
11-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately it's the "Community facility " angle that the Council will use as their justification for squanding yet more public money on a badly thought out Project.

true, but if that's the route I'd be saying to them (if I was RP)

"I'll see your community facility, and I'll raise you "STATE AID"

State Aid is a very expensive business if CEC were to be found guilty of it...

huggie1875
11-11-2011, 04:30 PM

:top marksi contacted my Councillor and mp about this both said they would never support this he said there would be a whole can of worms opened if this happened

greenginger
11-11-2011, 05:07 PM

The Hibs/Council/ Hearts is an open sore with S.T.F. and I'm sure he would get a few legal heavyweights mobilised if this insane business gets any further than the committee meeting. Judicial Revues etc. would be demanded.

But that's no reason for not keeping up our own pressure on those Jambo A**e-holes! :thumbsup:

Eyrie
11-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Pennies compared to the money wasted on the trams.

I could live with a joint stadium if the Jambos were putting up half the cash, but they only want to rent. Quite clear that Romanov wants to sell Tynecastle to recover some of the money that he's wasted and make it easier for him to then sell the club.

FranckSuzy
11-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Mmm, strange how a few new posters have waited till now to post on a thread about Hearts' ground :hmmm:

ronaldo7
11-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Mmm, strange how a few new posters have waited till now to post on a thread about Hearts' ground :hmmm:

Go Get em Inspector Suzy:greengrin

fatbloke
11-11-2011, 07:12 PM

They could have saved £14995 by asking me if it was feasible. The whole world except prize plum Shaun Lawson and some eejits fae CEC could see that it is not.:agree:?

lyonhibs
11-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Pennies compared to the money wasted on the trams.

I could live with a joint stadium if the Jambos were putting up half the cash, but they only want to rent. Quite clear that Romanov wants to sell Tynecastle to recover some of the money that he's wasted and make it easier for him to then sell the club.

**** off. To that statement of course, not to you personally of course <avoiding admin telling off smiley>

This sounds like a typical Edinburgh Council scale cock-up.

Eyrie
11-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Something has to be my first post, but thanks for the warm welcome :greengrin

Go Get em Inspector Suzy:greengrin
As played by Peter Sellers :wink:

Eyrie
11-11-2011, 07:26 PM
**** off. To that statement of course, not to you personally of course <avoiding admin telling off smiley>

This sounds like a typical Edinburgh Council scale cock-up.
Meant between the Council, SRU and Hearts. Zero chance of letting them into our place.

FranckSuzy
11-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Something has to be my first post, but thanks for the warm welcome :greengrin

As played by Peter Sellers :wink:

Wasn't particularly aimed at you TBF, but it is rather strange the number of 'new' Hibby's on here, who haven't commented on the manager situation/our sheet form/the AGM etc but have focused on the Cooncil and Hearts stadium situation...:wink:

connerg
11-11-2011, 07:58 PM
If the unthinkable happened and the Yams were backed by CEC to this extent, they would get not another penny from me in council tax.

:top marksIf enough of us stop paying council tax it will hurt ECC, safety in numbers. Cost them a fortune to take us all to court and guess what?
They're skint! :faf:

Kaiser1962
11-11-2011, 08:15 PM
true, but if that's the route I'd be saying to them (if I was RP)

"I'll see your community facility, and I'll raise you "STATE AID"

State Aid is a very expensive business if CEC were to be found guilty of it...

http://www.stateaidscotland.gov.uk/state_aid/SA_HomeView.jsp?p_applic=CCC&p_service=Content.show&pContentID=323&

PaulSmith
18-11-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/downloads/file/6125/report_on_stadium_options_for_heart_of_midlothan_f ootball_club

Sorry for another Yam thread, please fee free to merge

Andy74
18-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Some of the claims and language in that report is staggering!!

The Council wish to provide support in all respects for the betterment of Heart of Midlothian.

Their presence and existence are at the very core of what Edinburgh as City stands for.

Heart of Midlothain have invested £60m in their playing squad and the results of this investment are clear to see.

Those are just from the intro!

PaulSmith
18-11-2011, 04:53 PM

The Council wish to provide support in all respects for the betterment of Heart of Midlothian.

Their presence and existence are at the very core of what Edinburgh as City stands for.

Heart of Midlothain have invested £60m in their playing squad and the results of this investment are clear to see.

Andy, it's absolutely astounding and sounds like Doig and Co interviewed Cardownie and Foulkes to get the 'official' council response. To not even consider or mention that Edinburgh already has a facility that is more than capable of everything in the report just sums it up for me.

No wonder CEC is in such a mess with these buffoons in charge.

RyeSloan
18-11-2011, 05:03 PM

Hoo the report is a pile of PR nonsense...I think CEC should be demanding a refund.

It reads like a Hearts promotion document and even manages to get the capacity of Easter Road wrong..considering the main thrust of the report was to scope out a new stadium you would think that Hibs would be an excellent comparator for them..

As for the mega stand planning proposal....still makes me laugh!

CropleyWasGod
18-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Is this yet another report, or the one that has already been discussed ad nauseam?

I just skimmed the introduction, and my grammatical pedantry was drawn to the claim that Hearts finished a "credible" third in the SPL last season. Shurely "creditable", or even "incredible"?? :rolleyes:

PaulSmith
18-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Is this yet another report, or the one that has already been discussed ad nauseam?

I just skimmed the introduction, and my grammatical pedantry was drawn to the claim that Hearts finished a "credible" third in the SPL last season. Shurely "creditable", or even "incredible"?? :rolleyes:

This is the same report but now published in its own laughable entirety.

poolman
18-11-2011, 05:36 PM

:faf:

Barney McGrew
18-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Heart of Midlothian have invested £60m in their playing squad and the results of this investment are clear to see

At least they got that right - everyone can see they've pished it up the wall on a succession of diddies including '****ger' Pinilla and the world's fastest Bosnian.

matty_f
18-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I like the thought that this report, commissioned by the Yams themselves, might be sufficiently damaging to the long term prospects of the asbestos arena that it puts off potential buyers. Who would want a minging bigoted football club, without a pot to piss in, in such a debt ridden state that it is impossible to trade out of, and with a home that is by their own admission, not fit for purpose?

poolman
18-11-2011, 06:38 PM

I like this :agree:

UEFA "Fair Play" Conditions provide a clear mandate for all football clubs who must be self sustainable in the management of their business by the 2013/2014 season.
Obtaining future dispensations from EUFA will become increasingly difficult.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-11-2011, 06:46 PM
IN a word - Murrayfield

Twa Cairpets
18-11-2011, 06:53 PM

The report is staggering - it reads as sales brochure. A report is surely meant to be that - a report, not a justification for the existence of yamdom.

As far as I'm concerned the inclusion of the much mentioned and vaunted "fan survey" undermines any credibility the report has. I voted in it, as I suspect so did many other .netters. It was open, not restricted to Yams, and to use this as any type of justification for anything whatesoever is completley and utterly pointless.

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2011, 06:57 PM
If they'd mentioned two world wars, 400,000 fans and CL football, it couldn't be more of a ludicrous propaganda document.

Putting aside any Hibs-Hearts rivalries for one second, you really have to question the the author's of this report's fitness for any sort of public office.

Makaveli
18-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Pathetic. The writing is shamefully poor without even considering the content.

I gave up on page 6 when they stated their "fundamental" demand that there be no running track at any new stadium.

The Club have fully considered the possible incorporation of athletics into any stadium and this has been category excluded

As if they're in any position to be calling the shots! :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
18-11-2011, 07:22 PM

My general pedantry is drawn to the fact that the error you have highlighted is not grammatical.

In an unrelated matter, Hertz are rancid and I hope they die.

Kato
18-11-2011, 07:32 PM
If they'd mentioned two world wars, 400,000 fans and CL football, it couldn't be more of a ludicrous propaganda document.

Surely that's in the appendices somewhere!

lapsedhibee
18-11-2011, 07:40 PM

The Club have fully considered the possible incorporation of athletics into any stadium and this has been category excluded

It's because I'm both a pedant and a council tax payer that I really, really want to know that £30,000 of public money will not be paid to a private company for (a) writing inconsequential drivel about the yams and (b) allowing someone to present the 'report' who can't tell the difference between category and categorically.

Corrupt and illitrit doesn't begin to describe the whole outrage. :grr:

The Harp Awakes
18-11-2011, 07:50 PM
'CEC want Heart of Midlothian to be successful in all respects'

This report is an outrage. Can you imagine the outcry if Glasgow Council produced something like this for Celtic as opposed to Rangers (or vice versa).

To even think of commissioning this study is a scandal, let alone producing it and spending tax payers money on it. Heads need to roll in CEC.

clerriehibs
18-11-2011, 07:56 PM
It's because I'm both a pedant and a council tax payer that I really, really want to know that £30,000 of public money will not be paid to a private company for (a) writing inconsequential drivel about the yams and (b) allowing someone to present the 'report' who can't tell the difference between category and categorically.

Corrupt and illitrit doesn't begin to describe the whole outrage. :grr:

There's a joke in there, that I'm not getting ... isn't there? Should I now be using a whoosh smiley?

nonshinyfinish
18-11-2011, 07:59 PM
There's a joke in there, that I'm not getting ... isn't there? Should I now be using a whoosh smiley?

That's not really how you spell 'illiterate'. :wink:

Hibstrooper
18-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Absolutely disgusted that public money went anywhere near this.

EasterRoad4Ever
18-11-2011, 08:08 PM

I gave up on page 6 when they stated their "fundamental" demand that there be no running track at any new stadium.

As if they're in any position to be calling the shots! :rolleyes:

A 20 ft moat would do the job of keeping the Yam nerds off the pitch and from attacking opposing players, managers and officials. The police only have to then worry about the 11 thugs in dark pink on the pitch :greengrin

hibswillie
18-11-2011, 08:11 PM
"A successful, vibrant and well run Club"

Is this a wind up??

The Harp Awakes
18-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Anyone who wants to complain, here's the link:

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/forms/form/5/make_a_general_comment_suggestion_or_complaint

Golden Bear
18-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Am I missing something here as I was under the impression that the report was prepared by consultants albeit it was jointly funded by the hawrts and the council?

jabis
18-11-2011, 08:20 PM
really,words fail me....we should take a paragraph a day,1.1 to start,and rip it to **** :agree:

I would "cut and paste" 1.1 but I can't bake :rolleyes:

Iain G
18-11-2011, 08:44 PM

Sorry for another Yam thread, please fee free to merge

The reason for the gramatical and language related errors often happens when you translate a propoganda document like this from Russian to English.... :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
18-11-2011, 08:56 PM
We could tear this report to shreds but would take some research. Much of the so-called political/social/economic/sporting 'benefits' are typical of the rhetorical BS you read in bid documents. This is a lazy report designed to push an agenda here.

I'm sure David Conn of the Guardian investigated some fishy stuff on Hull City during the season they eventually went down. If there was any stuff to dig up, would be a first punt at the report for putting the KC up as a best practice example.

One thing's for sure - this AIN'T happening. :agree:

sixtwo
18-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I like the thought that this report, commissioned by the Yams themselves, might be sufficiently damaging to the long term prospects of the asbestos arena that it puts off potential buyers. Who would want a minging bigoted football club, without a pot to piss in, in such a debt ridden state that it is impossible to trade out of, and with a home that is by their own admission, not fit for purpose?

This:agree:

TheEastTerrace
18-11-2011, 09:11 PM
What do you know?

Swansea's Liberty Stadium, cited in the yam report as an example of how public/private partnership can work, announces continuing LOSSES in October 2011.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15356005

greenginger
18-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Doig and Smith have an Edinburgh Office Address at----------------

No 1 PINKHILL, Edinburgh, EH12 7BA. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
18-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Taken from this article by David Conn

"The launch pad for City's revival, the stadium was built by the local council for £43.5m and the source of the money tells its own tale about Hull. The city feels far from everywhere - a "cul-de-sac ending at the sea" as one fan at Sunday's match cheerfully described it - and uniquely it has its own telephone company, Kingston Communications, with trademark white phone boxes. In 1999 the council made £263m from selling part of the company and resolved to build a new, landmark stadium for the football and Hull FC rugby league clubs as a statement of ambition in their futures and in that of an often beleaguered city itself."

Significant that the money used to fund the KC Stadium was from a pot of money generated by the sale of council assets. However, would suggest that with our esteemed CEC having to sort out a £1bn tram fiasco, any sale of assets would find the money going there. Or perhaps softening the blow of savage cuts coming???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/19/premierleague-hullcity

BEEJ
18-11-2011, 09:53 PM
And how can it be presented to the city as a proper 'community stadium' project if it's not to have a running track?

This has to be a wind-up!

Pinkie
18-11-2011, 09:55 PM
I've skimmed the main body of the report. Some of it is reasonably well written but the most partisan statements seem to coincide with outbreaks of grocer's apostrophe and other grammatical deficiencies. This to me suggests that at some point in the drafting process, some slavering gorgoid has had opportunity to edit the draft and insert some HoMFC spin.

Ignoring the laughable statements about investing £60m etc, and trying to ignore the fact that the same organisation that threatened me with court action over alleged non-payment of £14.56 of council tax has seen fit to spu*nk £15k on this, the main thrust seems to be
1. Tynie isnae fit for purpose.
2. It'll cost loads to do it up.
3. A new stadium will also cost loads.
4. Hertz have nae money.
5. Surely the council can help out.

Anyhoo, there's a long way to go with all this, and I can't help feeling that we will eventually see a reincarnated HoMFC 2012 or similar plying its trade on David Murray's land.

Bostonhibby
18-11-2011, 10:58 PM
What do you know?

Swansea's Liberty Stadium, cited in the yam report as an example of how public/private partnership can work, announces continuing LOSSES in October 2011.

One team in Swansea, there's only one team in Swansea.................. Oh and before the Liberty, no community stadiums or other ones owned by the council..... not much of a song, certainly doesn't trip of the tongue but true.........

Bostonhibby
18-11-2011, 11:01 PM
And how can it be presented to the city as a proper 'community stadium' project if it's not to have a running track?

This has to be a wind-up!

:agree: Or a thorough analysis of all the submissions of all the other Edinburgh based sports clubs who want to use this community facility, if it ever pops up its really down to you all to to set your club up and make a claim.

muzzhfc
18-11-2011, 11:55 PM
heres my complaint . . .

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have just read the "report on stadium options for Heart of Midlothian Football Club" and in the first few paragraphs, there is a cause for concern for this citizen. At what stage are Hearts a "well run business"?! I realise that this was completed in August a good month or two before the current wages not being paid, however, we have known for many years that Hearts have spiraling debts and have failed to pay their players on time before. Surely, this should cause concern for the Council as there is no guarantee that HMFC would pay our fine city on time for use of the stadium. With the COST of the trams, surely the council should be looking at RELIABLE ways of creating revenue.
Next it mentions about HMFC having invested a significant amount of capital in their playing squad. Surely it is not the CEC's responsibility to bail out this club as they have decided to go for spending money, which they do not have in the first place, on the playing squad, rather than improving their stadium. Talking of stadiums, in the report it mentions that Hibernian presently holds 17,500. No, I'm sorry, but that is wrong. Easter Road now holds over 21,000. If this report was completed in August, I would like to know when it began and was completed as this bit of basic information is wrong and why could it not of been changed before publish in August 2011 as the new East Stand has been open for 1 year from August 2011.
My next issues are with their comments about the running track and HMFC having "first call on its uses without reservation". Surely, there should be a running track in the stadium so we can boost Edinburgh's athletics reputation as Meadowbank is not suitable. Should a running track be excluded, the council would find themselves under immense pressure from not only Hibs fans, but people who are either neutrals or people who don't have any interest in football whats so ever. Yet again, I will point to how people are feeling about the tram situation. As for Hearts having "first call on its uses without reservation". I am sorry but no. Hearts, while a potentially paying tennant should have priorty on the issues on a Saturday, Sunday and Thursday. Later "first call" (because that really sounds mature) options to be explored if they make it into the Champiosn League PROPER. i.e not just qualification. The reason for Saturday and Sunday first call, or for a more mature way of wording it, priority is as most matches are played on a Saturday or Sunday with most European games on a Thursday (that HMFC have actually MANAGED to qualify, and not just having "ambitions" to qualify), along with League Cup Football.
I would also like to enquire as to if any assistance was offered to Hibernian FC. If not, why and why was this lack of assistance not made public? If so, what were the reasons for this being declined and why were these not made public? Why is assistance being offered to HMFC? It the report drones on about HMFC being important to the local area etc, however, Hibernian FC are just as important to the Leith area. Or do the CEC not view Hibernian as important? If you mention that it is due to the financial situation of HMFC, then you are surely contradicting the point about HMFC being "a well run business".
I am a Hibs fan, however, I do not want to see HMFC go out of business. I realise and appreciate that Hibs need Hearts as much as HEARTS NEED HIBS. I just think that it is shocking that tax payers money is potentially going to be used to help out one team in Edinburgh, but not the other. The report mentions about teams down south being assisted by their council, can i enquire as to how many top/same division teams, that are of equil size or similar size, etc, play in those specific cities mentioned.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Murray

speedy_gonzales
19-11-2011, 12:29 AM
heres my complaint . . .
<snip>

Murray, I hope this reply is just to this message board and not to the council? Any such reply, and I expect them, should have ALL emotion removed and all references to Hibs removed if they are to have any weight with this joke of a council.
I think a concise retort highlighting either the biased weighting of 'facts' or statistical errors (of which there is plenty) would be enough to bury this 'report' beneath that of the business case of trams!
For what it's worth, I've went through the 163 page document a few times, now I'm not a legal beagle, and I've noticed a few discrepancies and these will be highlighted in person, or through my councillor, on the 20th!

greenlex
19-11-2011, 09:04 AM
What do you know?

That's a bloody liberty.:agree:

Eyrie
19-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Murray, I hope this reply is just to this message board and not to the council? Any such reply, and I expect them, should have ALL emotion removed and all references to Hibs removed if they are to have any weight with this joke of a council.

I'd disagree. It is very relevant to point out that the Council would be providing financial aid to one team which it did not provide to the other. In a one-club city such support may be acceptable, but not where there are two clubs.

muzzhfc
19-11-2011, 10:56 AM
nah i sent it to them. as i wont be able to attend, i wanted to put it in writing. I always feel that written complaints are taken a lot more seriously than verbal. also, i felt that highlighting any discrepancies, etc would make them realise how flawed their report is. i highlighted the tram project as a lot of people are already miffed at the council and should they go a head with this then a lot more people will be miffed, especially as it may be delayed and cost a stupid amount more than budget. not all stadiums or stands are built on time (or completed early as a certain new east stand was) or on budget. lets look at wembley

DarlingtonHibee
19-11-2011, 04:29 PM
"A successful, vibrant and well run Club"

Is this a wind up??

This part made me laugh, if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.... :bitchy:

This is nothing short of disgraceful CEC and the Jambos jointly funding this.

If this goes any further, I would back Hibs taking legal action.

Cropley10
19-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Two different parties are interested :fibber:

MrSmith
19-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Got to about the second paragraph and stopped! Couldn't believe the utter tosh written in it. If this is indeed the precursor to the Hearts City Sycophants informing us of their intention to support Hearts, then they are in for a hammering! That report, when scrutinized by legal teams objecting to it, will be ridiculed and stop the proposed 'partnership' in its asbestos ridden drain pipes!

Cropley10
19-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Absolutely extraordinary. But rather than get all upset about it on here what are Hibernian and the wider Edinburgh public doing to oppose every aspect of this.

It is an absolute nonsense.

MCameron
19-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Absolutely extraordinary. But rather than get all upset about it on here what are Hibernian and the wider Edinburgh public doing to oppose every aspect of this.

It is an absolute nonsense.

I've sent in my complaint. We need to get as many folk to do likewise. How about a sticky thread with a template complaint that could be copied into the CEC complaint form? Also make it a poll so those who vote can highlight that they have which gives a running total of complainta made. Something the EEN would possible ly be interested in :-)

Cropley10
19-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I've sent in my complaint. We need to get as many folk to do likewise. How about a sticky thread with a template complaint that could be copied into the CEC complaint form? Also make it a poll so those who vote can highlight that they have which gives a running total of complainta made. Something the EEN would possible ly be interested in :-)

Great idea. We need to be organised. Some of the claims and inaccuracies are staggering.

The Falcon
19-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Great idea. We need to be organised. Some of the claims and inaccuracies are staggering.

We do. I think Vlad is playing a clever game who's sole purpose is to ramp up the pressure on ECC.

CentreLine
19-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Looks to me like this is the exit strategy. Vlad sells off the players and the ground for as much as he can get then sells the hahahahearts name for an inflated figure to a bunch of saft heids, with more money than sense, put together by Foulkes, Mackay at al. Oh, and not to forget, CEC who will build a ground for this well run buisiness that represents all that Edinburgh stands for.

You couldn't make it up but it really is sad

Would the last one out please turn out the lights and lock the gates :taxi

--------
19-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Apart from the fact that it reads like a fanzine and equates the welfare of Heart of Midlothian with the welfare of the city of Edinburgh, and that whoever wrote it obviously has difficulties both with basic grammar and the meaning of big words, their basic research leaves a lot to be desired.

"Note that Aberdeen's new stadium is planned to accommodate 22,000 and Hibernian can presently accommodate up to 17,500...." (para2.2)

This IS the same CEC planning department that not so long ago gave Hibernian permission to increase Easter Road's capacity from 17,500 to 20,421?

The whole tone of the report makes it very clear that CEC are operating in support of and in collaboration with Heart of Midlothian with no regard whatsoever for the financial concerns or interests of the wider population of Edinburgh. It reads as if there were only one football club in the city, and that the council's clear duty is to support that club regardless of any concerns about the owner of that club's financial probity or of his past record in late payment of debts and wages.

Oddly enough, I recently signed up at our local leisure centre to get the use of the gym and swimming-pool. Airdrie Leisure centre has a full-size grass football pitch surrounded by a running-track, artificial floodlit football pitches available throughout the day, two well-equipped gyms and a good provision of classroom facilities and exercise halls, and a helpful and capable staff - all on one site. The swimming pool is separate - about 2 miles away in the town centre.

Similar facilities are available in Motherwell, Bellshill, Wishaw, Cumbernauld, and elsewhere - most of them with similar gym and exercise facilities and most of them with the swimming pool on site.

Airdrie isn't the obvious place to host a Commonwealth Games - we've managed a Mod or two in recent years, but that's about it. So stadium facilities for major events aren't part of the development, but everything else is there that's needed.

If North Lanarkshire can provide good-quality exercise and leisure centres roughly every 5 miles throughout the district without compromising its budget or its morals why can't the CEC? That's community provision - putting the facilities within reach of everyone in the community.

The CEC need first to take stock of what's already available. Edinburgh already has one 67,500 seat stadium - the largest in Scotland, incidentally - capable of hosting any rugby or football fixtures ever conceivably likely to be staged in Edinburgh, and one 20,500 capacity football stadium in private ownership but well able to handle under-21 football internationals, cup semi-finals, SPL matches, and even (provided the work was done on the pitch before and after) major rugby fixtures below the level of full internationals.

What the city needs is an athletics stadium capable of seating 20-25,000 spectators, a new ice-rink with teaching and practice rinks attached, and three new Olympic-quality swimming-pools - one east, one west, and one south of Princes Street.

Please feel free to add to this wish-list whatever I've missed out, but I don't think an allegedly "community stadium" paid for by public money and duplicating the facilities already available at ER (not adding one thing to them, btw) will feature on it. A community stadium supposedly owned and controlled by the CEC, but the football club vetoes the athletics track, the one thing that might just make the whole project justifiable?

And just when is the CEC going to carry out a proper safety inspection on the rapidly-deteriorating "Main Stand" at the PBS? A football hits the roof and those sitting underneath are showered with asbestos sheeting and other debris? How safe is it? (not very, I suspect.) How quickly could it be evacuated in event of a fire or a terrorist threat? (Not very, again I suspect.) If that "stand" was at ER and owned by Hibs, it's have been closed long ago.

Of course, the one thing we don't have at ER which might help us tolerate the situation is a FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!

(FARMER AND PETRIE PLEASE TAKE NOTE.)

greenginger
20-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Just had a chance to run through the propaganda sorry, Independent Report, ---What a load of tosh !

Check the para that states Easter Road capacity is 17,600, it also states that according to SPL Data in Appendix 7 Hearts average attendances for last 10 years were 15,326 ranging from 13,677 to 16,199.

Check appendix 7, these are actually the averages for all SPL games for the last 10 years. Hearts average for period was 13,938.

£30,000 for a report produced by clowns who can't read a table !!!!!!

Did like the bit on the Council's prudential borrowing option to fund a new stadium.

" One of the key fundamentals is the strength of the financial covenant of all tenants and in certain instances Company guarantees may be required. :greengrin:greengrin

Golden Bear
20-11-2011, 08:57 AM
We do. I think Vlad is playing a clever game who's sole purpose is to ramp up the pressure on ECC.

:agree:

Totally agree. This Report is due to be discussed by the full Council shortly and the timing of events and recent statements emanating from Mad Vlad and his cohorts suggest that this is exactly the case.

Hibs07p
24-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Hibs have now made their complaint official regarding bias towards Hearts.

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/hibs_accuse_edinburgh_council_of_bias_towards_hear ts_over_stadium_1_1981656

Peevemor
24-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Excellent!

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Good. :agree:

WellingtonHibby
24-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Gaun' Yerself Rodders and Sir Tom. Its high profile pressure like this that will ensure this doesnt go ahead.

Part/Time Supporter
24-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Read the report here. If you are a taxpayer anywhere in the UK,* some of your money went towards this nonsense.

Then contact your local representatives and put a stop to this nonsense. Particularly pertinent to ask how Hearts are going to pay the fair cost of leasing this new stadium, given their financial "issues".

*Most obviously if you are an Edinburgh rates and/or council tax payer, but even if you live and work elsewhere, the council is subsidised by the Scottish Government, which in turn gets a block grant from the UK Government.

Leithenhibby
24-11-2011, 06:17 AM
It was always going to be "pie in the sky" as the Cooncil don't have a pot to piss-in at the moment.

The Mad-One will hope that he can get as much out of them as possible and, "Do One" :agree:

andy1875
24-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Well done Hibs.

They've let themselves build up a £36m debt by "challenging" for the SPL. Let them suffer for however long it takes to pay it back. Let them suffer in a horrible asbestos main stand in the process and let them carry on training with the student population of Edinburgh.

Horrible, horrible football club.

Hail Hail

Don Giovanni
24-11-2011, 07:13 AM
It's ironic that had CEC shown even-handedness in thier dealings with both clubs up to this point that Hearts may well have conned a new stadium out of the council. With their previous actions the Jambo loons on the cooncil have left themselves with little room to manouver. However, given Hertz options are also severely limited I don't expect this issue to go away quietly.

Kaiser1962
24-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Quite right too. No histrionics from the club or stupid headlines. A calm measured calculated response and when the meeting takes place we send our two biggest hitters in to bat for the club. No comment to the papers.

Contrast and compare to Vlad's statement(s) and the Yams want to build a statue to the man! That tells us all we need to know about the Yams really.

If the worst comes to the worst in Glasgow, and Rangers bite the dust, does anybody think that Glasgow city council are considering building Rangers a stadium?

Pretty Boy
24-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Some of the comments under that article from Hearts fans are incredible.

They're like a bitter, stubborn man on his deathbed still trying to settle old scores and have a go at his rivals whilst insisting they have nothing more than a cold.

If that club goes under or has a few seasons of humiliation it is nothing less than most of that lot deserve.

IWasThere2016
24-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Hibs have now made their complaint official regarding bias towards Hearts.

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/hibs_accuse_edinburgh_council_of_bias_towards_hear ts_over_stadium_1_1981656

Excellent. This will never happen IMHO but we are correct to raise awareness and opposition :agree:

Golden Bear
24-11-2011, 08:51 AM
It's essential that Hibs supporters in the ECC area should continue to pressurise their local councillors as many of them will not be football fans and possibly unaware of the previous history of favouritism in favour of the establishment team.

The Council are already wriggling on the end of the hook with regard to this one and they shouldn't be allowed to waffle their way round this crazy project.

Keith_M
24-11-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm glad they've done this.

The council helping an independent local business and ignoring any rival local business is nothing short of unjust.

Hibs have gone through lean times on the field because they've developed their own stadium. Hearts have ignored their stadium and spent the money on the team. Why should they now get a hand out because of their own business decisions?

Cropley10
24-11-2011, 09:57 AM

They're like a bitter, stubborn man on his deathbed still trying to settle old scores and have a go at his rivals whilst insisting they have nothing more than a cold.

If that club goes under or has a few seasons of humiliation it is nothing less than most of that lot deserve.

The one from Prof is a belter - he's a total roaster.

JDanielR1875
24-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Well done Rod and Tom Farmer!

jacomo
24-11-2011, 10:31 AM

Even now, Hearts fans seem unable to face up to reality.

I can't see any prospect of the Council funding a new stadium in the current climate. Good bye Tynecastle and good bye Jambos.

Saorsa
24-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Well done Rod and Sir Tom :thumbsup:

HibbyKeith
24-11-2011, 11:04 AM
My partner was at a PTA meeting at our kids school last night, where the Head Teacher informed them that there were proposed cuts of £150m to services, Kids educations are at stake and schools across the country are raising funds to help out their own school departments. Need i say anymore?

If Edinburgh council want to develop somewhere for athletics, then they already have an excellent yet dated meadowbank sports complex, refurbish that, has to be more cost effective than rebuilding some big fancy stadium from scratch. Need i say anymore?

The first thing the council should be doing is chasing out the general corruption within their own staff, you only need to look at the recent shenanigans in the press where they have X amount of employees suspended to see that there is taxpayers money being wasted/stolen.

Hearts are in their own ****, let them dig themselves out, however long that takes should be a forever reminder to those in control that looking after the business side of your club is imperative.

Priority and perspective needed from the council, out of interest..anyone know how many businesses went out the box due to falling custom while the tram works are ongoing around the city/leith walk? and how many of these family run businesses the council bailed out?

frazeHFC
24-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Comment at the bottom:

"The council were always going to build us a new stadium, and why shouldn't they, look at what Hearts have contributed to Edinburgh over the years, far far more than the hobos, hence why the council show us more leeway and yes it favouritism as we have more fans we are able to elect the correct councilors. The council should shut the breezeblock arena, its a damn eyesore so it is."

Arrogant twits. What have they 'contributed'? Paedophiles, the infamous pitch attack on a manager......:lolyam:

--------
24-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Excellent. This will never happen IMHO but we are correct to raise awareness and opposition :agree:

Don't be too sure it won't happen. These guys are very persistent and won't go away.

I take my hat off to STF and RP for going head-to-head with them, and I hope they don't drop the matter. Some of the comments at the foot of the page show very clearly just how blinkered and bigoted a massive section of the Hearts' support is - 'Hearts are Edinburgh'! Bollocks!

I said before and I repeat now - Edinburgh at present has one stadium of 67,500 capacity, another of 20,500 capacity, both meeting all the requirements of football and rugby's governing bodies to stage any fixture liable to be staged in Edinburgh in either sport. Murrayfield takes the big BIG games (up to European Finals and top-nation internationals); ER takes domestic semi-finals, lesser internationals, smaller show-games. If the CEC were doing their job properly, they would be lobbying energetically for those games to be brought to Edinburgh rather than being staged at the dump called Hampden Park and in almost any other ground they can get to except ER.

Edinburgh does not need ANOTHER 20-25,000 seater football stadium. Hearts do, but EDINBURGH does not.

Edinburgh needs a properly-designed, up-to-date ATHLETICS stadium to replace Meadowbank; the priority here MUST be to make sure that this stadium is tailored to the needs of athletics rather than any other sport. As I say, Edinburgh (whether the councillors involved in these goings-on like it or not) already has a modern, UEFA/FIFA compliant football stadium of the requisite capacity within a short distance from Princes' Street.

It needs new Olympic-standard swimming pools - one to stage big competitions, and at least another simply for the use of the people. It also needs a couple of smaller pools aimed at family use, with flumes and fun features aimed at encouraging children to get into swimming.

It needs a modern, revamped ice-rink - again, one arena where the Capitals can stage their matches, where other Hockey fixtures can be staged, and where figure-skating competitions can be held, and a complex of other rinks for teaching and training facilities, and where curling competitons can be staged and curling clubs meet.

It also needs a number of local sports centres with gym and hall facilities for the use of the people of the city - North Lanarkshire has a large number of modern centres spaced about 5/6 miles apart, all in easy reach, all offering excellent facilities and a wide range of activities. If NL can do it, so should the City of Edinburgh Council.

In the light of the CEC's responsibility to ALL the people of Edinburgh - as opposed to a number of councillors' fixation upon Heart of Midlothian Money-Launderers PLC and those councillors' desire to dig them out of a hole they've dug themselves into - all these needs are higher priorities than duplicating a facility already provided for the city by the enterprise and forward-thinking of Hibernian Football Club and STF and RP in particular.

Sammy7nil
24-11-2011, 11:37 AM
I know it is a wind up but I will bite.

If you want to know why even the most reasonable Hibs fans no longer care whether Hearts live or die read the comments at the foot of the article. Now I know most are at the wind up but a large minority have had those opinions for 5 - 6 years and as far as I am concerned I hope the go to the wall.

They can return as "Saughton Encloser Heart of CEC"

TheEastTerrace
24-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I know it is a wind up but I will bite.

If you want to know why even the most reasonable Hibs fans no longer care whether Hearts live or die read the comments at the foot of the article. Now I know most are at the wind up but a large minority have had those opinions for 5 - 6 years and as far as I am concerned I hope the go to the wall.

They can return as "Saughton Encloser Heart of CEC"

:agree:

I don't even read the comments at the end of Scotsman/Evening News articles related to Hibs and Hearts. The number of bitter, deluded, twisted, arrogant, bigoted creatures that make up a large proportion of the Gorgie mass is unbelieveable.

As far as I'm concered, I'd rather watch them suffer and be humilated than go to the wall. We've been listening to their drivvel since the days of Mercer and it's about time they experience their comeuppence

--------
24-11-2011, 12:08 PM
The real story here isn't about whether Hearts do or do not go to the wall.

It's about blatant corruption in the City of Edinburgh Council - the Council proposing to favour Heart of Midlothian FC - a private commercial concern, remember - to the tune of £50 million or more, having done absolutely nothing to help Hearts' main rivals - Hibs - when Hibs were seeking a way out of exactly the situation Hearts now find themselves in.

And doing this openly, blatantly and without the slightest hint of embarrassment.

Assuming, no doubt, that Alec Salmond as First Minister will support them and bail them out if things go pear-shaped.

The CEC's responsibility is to provide the appropriate leisure and sports facilities for the whole city and its people. Not sweeten an ex-Soviet Baltic Mafia godfather when he finally gets bored with their noxiously emetic apology for a football club.

PatHead
24-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Notice this is shown as a YAMs thread. Personally I think this is an important Hibs thread. It affects us and was Hibs board approaching council.

ALF TUPPER
24-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Well impressed with Rod and STF on this.

Go'n yersel Rodders
:thumbsup:

cwilliamson85
24-11-2011, 12:20 PM
If it is such a good idea for Edinburgh to have new grounds why not build it and give it to Edinburgh rugby?
We already have meadow bank for athletics, yes it needs redeveloped but this will be cheaper than building a new place and we have got ER and Tynecastle for football.

It is nobody’s fault but their own for the demise of there stadium and they should be the ones to fit the bill to redevelop or move to a new place, not the tax payer.

Hillsidehibby
24-11-2011, 12:46 PM
This has Cardownies grubby prints all over it.

Trying to appease the yams because he was instrumental in bringing Vlad in.

DO NOT VOTE FOR HIM IN MAY.

hibsforeurope
24-11-2011, 12:48 PM
As previously posted Edinburgh already has a Large internationally renowned stadium, Murrayfield and a mid sized International compliant stadium at Easter Road. If the city did have a gap it would be for a smaller sized stadium 10,000 max, something like almondvale in size, for smaller sporting events like amateur/junior football finals which could be rented annually to Edinburgh Rugby and another club (football or rugby).
There is no way the city could be "lacking in ambition" (or what ever that planning director said) by not attempting to build a new stadium. ECE can not justify funding duplicate facilities it needs to expand and improve provisions in other, more lacking, areas.

Kato
24-11-2011, 12:59 PM
having done absolutely nothing to help Hearts' main rivals - Hibs - when Hibs were seeking a way out of exactly the situation Hearts now find themselves in.

It goes further than that - they did everything they could to obstruct Hibs' progress.

--------
24-11-2011, 12:59 PM
If it is such a good idea for Edinburgh to have new grounds why not build it and give it to Edinburgh rugby?
We already have meadow bank for athletics, yes it needs redeveloped but this will be cheaper than building a new place and we have got ER and Tynecastle for football.

It is nobody’s fault but their own for the demise of there stadium and they should be the ones to fit the bill to redevelop or move to a new place, not the tax payer.

Exactly. If it's considered that a city the size of Edinburgh needs facilities for holding athletics meetings - as has happened in the past when M'bank was still in reasonable nick - then the renovation/rebuilding of M'bank is the obvious option, especially as there's ground available there to build other needed facilities into the same complex.

This is the bit that worries me:

Earlier this month Dave Anderson, the council’s director of city development, said it would be a “failure of ambition” on the council’s part not to examine the joint stadium plans.

However, Jim Lowrie, the city’s planning leader, said: “I don’t see a shared ground with Hearts really being a goer at the moment.

“The council doesn’t really have any money for something like that and if we were going to look at a new stadium it would need to be for athletics, as that is what we received funding for previously. It would need a running track, but Hearts wouldn’t be happy with that.”

Anderson and Lowrie don't seem to get the message. This isn't about a 'failure of ambition'. Hearts' stadium plans have been floating around the CEC planning department for years now, and it's clear that renovating Tynecastle to comply with UEFA/FIFA regulations isn't on - not without a drastic reduction in capacity, at least. So Romanov approaches the clique of councillors who support Hearts to bail him out - sorry, to build him and then give him sole rights to a stadium built on Council-owned land with Council money, because I'd bet my right leg they won't see a penny of Romanov's cash, ever.

In view of the Tynecastle outfit's past record it's reckless in the extreme for the CEC to even think of entering into a binding agreement with Romanov - all his assets are offshore, buried in Lithuania. He has a far from spotless financial reputation, but this doesn't seem to impinge on the consciousness of Hearts-supporting councillors.
Those councillors should have declared an interest and stepped right out of this business from the start. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes for their own financial and political 'integrity' - or rather, their lack of it.

The history of the Council's dealings with Hibernian over the redevelopment of Easter Road Stadium to full compliance with modern standards and regulations - a history of obstruction and I think it'd fair to say dishonesty and double-dealing - fully justifies the position adopted by Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie.

Of course, Sir Tom Farmer's history and reputation in business and community affairs bear no comparison to Romanov's - not the sort of chap you'd want to entrust public money to, is he? :rolleyes:

Lowrie's comment, that he doesn't'see a shared ground with Hearts really being a goer at the moment' tells me that his intention is to wait until the dust settles, and then attempt to push it through as quietly and unobtrusively as he can.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how many of these Jambos are on the council, and who they are? Name and shame?

--------
24-11-2011, 01:02 PM
It goes further than that - they did everything they could to obstruct Hibs' progress.

EXACTLY. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2011, 01:07 PM
The real story here isn't about whether Hearts do or do not go to the wall.

It's about blatant corruption in the City of Edinburgh Council - the Council proposing to favour Heart of Midlothian FC - a private commercial concern, remember - to the tune of £50 million or more, having done absolutely nothing to help Hearts' main rivals - Hibs - when Hibs were seeking a way out of exactly the situation Hearts now find themselves in.

And doing this openly, blatantly and without the slightest hint of embarrassment.

Assuming, no doubt, that Alec Salmond as First Minister will support them and bail them out if things go pear-shaped.

The CEC's responsibility is to provide the appropriate leisure and sports facilities for the whole city and its people. Not sweeten an ex-Soviet Baltic Mafia godfather when he finally gets bored with their noxiously emetic apology for a football club.

Nail on head. I'd like to see them brought to account for this bias, corruption and mismanagement of resources long after this particular issue has died the same sort of death as all Heart's previous grandiose fantasies.

James70
24-11-2011, 01:21 PM
I am in the fortunate position of not residing in Edinburgh and paying tax to the Edinburgh Council.

However if I did live in the city and saw the Council doing all they could do financially to help Hearts with a new stadium I would be inclined to withhold my council tax on the basis that money was being used to bale out a private company with a foreign owner which had massively overspent beyound its own resources and which would not be beneficial to the population of Edinburgh as a whole.

I agree that a new athletics stadium would be a great asset for the city, so would a new arena for holding rock concerts which Edinburgh fails to attract these days.

There is no need to spend taxpayers money on a 20,000+ capacity arena when a 10,000 capacity stadium specifically designed to cater for athletics events would suffice.

What percentage of Edinburgh's population actually care about Hearts anyway?

Caversham Green
24-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Don't be too sure it won't happen. These guys are very persistent and won't go away.

I take my hat off to STF and RP for going head-to-head with them, and I hope they don't drop the matter. Some of the comments at the foot of the page show very clearly just how blinkered and bigoted a massive section of the Hearts' support is - 'Hearts are Edinburgh'! Bollocks!

I said before and I repeat now - Edinburgh at present has one stadium of 67,500 capacity, another of 20,500 capacity, both meeting all the requirements of football and rugby's governing bodies to stage any fixture liable to be staged in Edinburgh in either sport. Murrayfield takes the big BIG games (up to European Finals and top-nation internationals); ER takes domestic semi-finals, lesser internationals, smaller show-games. If the CEC were doing their job properly, they would be lobbying energetically for those games to be brought to Edinburgh rather than being staged at the dump called Hampden Park and in almost any other ground they can get to except ER.

Edinburgh does not need ANOTHER 20-25,000 seater football stadium. Hearts do, but EDINBURGH does not.

Edinburgh needs a properly-designed, up-to-date ATHLETICS stadium to replace Meadowbank; the priority here MUST be to make sure that this stadium is tailored to the needs of athletics rather than any other sport. As I say, Edinburgh (whether the councillors involved in these goings-on like it or not) already has a modern, UEFA/FIFA compliant football stadium of the requisite capacity within a short distance from Princes' Street.

It needs new Olympic-standard swimming pools - one to stage big competitions, and at least another simply for the use of the people. It also needs a couple of smaller pools aimed at family use, with flumes and fun features aimed at encouraging children to get into swimming.

It needs a modern, revamped ice-rink - again, one arena where the Capitals can stage their matches, where other Hockey fixtures can be staged, and where figure-skating competitions can be held, and a complex of other rinks for teaching and training facilities, and where curling competitons can be staged and curling clubs meet.

It also needs a number of local sports centres with gym and hall facilities for the use of the people of the city - North Lanarkshire has a large number of modern centres spaced about 5/6 miles apart, all in easy reach, all offering excellent facilities and a wide range of activities. If NL can do it, so should the City of Edinburgh Council.

In the light of the CEC's responsibility to ALL the people of Edinburgh - as opposed to a number of councillors' fixation upon Heart of Midlothian Money-Launderers PLC and those councillors' desire to dig them out of a hole they've dug themselves into - all these needs are higher priorities than duplicating a facility already provided for the city by the enterprise and forward-thinking of Hibernian Football Club and STF and RP in particular.

Excellent post Doddie. Now that the club have raised the bias issue (and such bias has been admitted by the leader of the council btw) the rest of us should be concentrating on getting these messages across to the council and all Edinburgh ratepayers, not just those interested in football.

I would argue that HoMFC's financial position is relevant though, because the project is dependent on them paying rent throughout the payback period, and their own auditors have cast significant doubts over their ability to remain in business over the next twelve months. Furthermore, one of the city's clubs is effectively a wholly-owned subsidiary of a Lithuanian investment banking group while the other is a member of a local group of companies whose only activities are sports related. Which club should an impartial council be backing?

grunt
24-11-2011, 01:59 PM
I agree that a new athletics stadium would be a great asset for the city, so would a new arena for holding rock concerts which Edinburgh fails to attract these days.
Personally I could do without an arena for rock concerts. The last thing we need is another shed a la SECC. Music always sounds awful in these sheds IMO. I would just like the Council to secure the future of the Queens Hall.

Harpandcastle
24-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Personally I could do without an arena for rock concerts. The last thing we need is another shed a la SECC. Music always sounds awful in these sheds IMO. I would just like the Council to secure the future of the Queens Hall.

Sound systems have come a long way, been at the SECC twice in last few months and was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality compared with a few years back. The hydro arena being built next door will no doubt be even better. Whilst every effort should be made to keep all Edinburgh's venues going a couple of hundred people at the queens hall offers very little to the overall economy of a city compared with a 10 to 15k arena that we do not have and badly require imo.

grunt
24-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Sound systems have come a long way, been at the SECC twice in last few months and was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality compared with a few years back. The hydro arena being built next door will no doubt be even better. Whilst every effort should be made to keep all Edinburgh's venues going a couple of hundred people at the queens hall offers very little to the overall economy of a city compared with a 10 to 15k arena that we do not have and badly require imo.
Fair enough. I just happen to like the Queens Hall.

Hibercelona
24-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Apparently its ok... Because they have contributed so much to the council over the last few years? :confused:

What a bunch of deluded ****wits. We better ensure this doesn't even come close to happening!

jacomo
24-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Lowrie's comment, that he doesn't[/FONT][/COLOR]'see a shared ground with Hearts really being a goer at the moment' tells me that his intention is to wait until the dust settles, and then attempt to push it through as quietly and unobtrusively as he can.

Don't worry. If the current "moment" lasts longer than 12 months, Hearts will be dead and buried. Even CEC wouldn't build a stadium for an extinct football club, would they?

James70
24-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Fair enough. I just happen to like the Queens Hall.

Watched many an enjoyable concert at the Playhouse and the Usher Hall in the old days. I think it's a disgrace that Edinburgh can no longer provide a venue for major UK tours.

PatHead
24-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Watched many an enjoyable concert at the Playhouse and the Usher Hall in the old days. I think it's a disgrace that Edinburgh can no longer provide a venue for major UK tours.

Careful you are in danger of building a case for Hearts. By the way is a venue not getting built near the airport?

Kaiser_Sauzee
24-11-2011, 02:57 PM
If the CEC builds this unneccessary stadium, I will stop paying Council Tax.

greenginger
24-11-2011, 03:04 PM
The Doig and Smith Report which is to be discussed by Council Committee is supposedly an INDEPENDENT report.

IT was produced by Stewart Cobb, lead partner in the Edinburgh Office of Doig and Smith whose family just happen to be share holders in Heart of Midlothian F C.

Only our Council could commission an independent report from an interested party !!!!!!

DaveF
24-11-2011, 03:07 PM
The Doig and Smith Report which is to be discussed by Council Committee is supposedly an INDEPENDENT report.

IT was produced by Stewart Cobb, lead partner in the Edinburgh Office of Doig and Smith whose family just happen to be share holders in Heart of Midlothian F C.

Only our Council could commission an independent report from an interested party !!!!!!

That'll explain the boak inducing comments on just how great Homofc have been for Edinburgh, and their £60 million investment in players ..........

lapsedhibee
24-11-2011, 03:08 PM

This sort of information would be all over the front pages of the Evening News and Scotsman, if their staff were doing their job properly.

--------
24-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I am in the fortunate position of not residing in Edinburgh and paying tax to the Edinburgh Council.

However if I did live in the city and saw the Council doing all they could do financially to help Hearts with a new stadium I would be inclined to withhold my council tax on the basis that money was being used to bale out a private company with a foreign owner which had massively overspent beyound its own resources and which would not be beneficial to the population of Edinburgh as a whole.

There is no need to spend taxpayers money on a 20,000+ capacity arena when a 10,000 capacity stadium specifically designed to cater for athletics events would suffice.

What percentage of Edinburgh's population actually care about Hearts anyway?

Good question.

I would suggest a slightly larger percentage of the total than really care about Hibs. People who aren't football fans don't really care; OF fans living in Edinburgh don't give a toss. We don't care - well, we do, but we care about them not getting preferential treatment from Cardownie's mob and we'd like to see them join Third Lanark and Clydebank in the Great Big Losers' League in the sky - and as soon as possible, please.

I suspect a lot of folks who might in the past have felt sympathetic to their plight will have been put off by Romanov's carry-on; their firm determination to make Tynecastle a paedophile's refuge can't do their cause any favours either.

The truth is, IMO, nothing like the sort of percentage that Cardownie and cronies probably imagine, living as they do in their horribly warped and twisted parallel universe...

As I've already pointed out, there are a number of facilities much more urgently needed for the city (the CITY, not Hearts) than a second 20,000-seater football stadium. Now that ER's finished, there's absolutely no need for another almost identical (but manky) facility in the city. If the city requires such a facility, I'm sure Hibs would be delighted to discuss the deal with them.

Stevie Reid
24-11-2011, 03:13 PM
How come none of the reports surrounding this story never mention that Romanov is apparently a billionaire who previously promised to build Hearts a £51M stand, and could easily afford the cost of everything that would be required to build a new stadium? They talk up the fact that he has pumped £60M into the club - in that case building a new stand should be no issue.

Hearts are in dire financial straits - Vladimir Romanov is not. As owner of the club he should be solely responsible for finding them a new home, with no council help whatsoever. They have already done too much, and the fact that it's even been allowed to get as far as this would be funny, if it wasn't so worrying.

--------
24-11-2011, 03:20 PM
How come none of the reports surrounding this story never mention that Romanov is apparently a billionaire who previously promised to build Hearts a £51M stand, and could easily afford the cost of everything that would be required to build a new stadium? If they talk up the fact that he has pumped £60M into the club, in that case building a new stand should be no issue.

Hearts are in dire financial straits - Vladimir Romanov is not. As owner of the club he should be solely responsible for finding them a new home, with no council help whatsoever. They have already done too much, and the fact that it's even been allowed to get as far as this would be funny, if it wasn't so worrying.

Good point.

Mind you, all the benefits of the first £60 million are all but invisible to any but the most deluded perception.

Maybe he HAS built the stadium; maybe it's just invisible to everyone but a totally brainwashed Yam.

(I use the term 'brainwashed' here very loosely, fully aware that neither brains nor washing are at all common among the Yam population. It probably only took a quick flick with a grubby duster of a couple of lonely wee neurons...)

PaulSmith
24-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Report instantly discredited, Council should be looking for our 15k back. Nothing more than a fanzine style analysis.

Golden Bear
24-11-2011, 04:06 PM

This is the type of post where I really do hope that prying eyes from the Media are looking in. I wonder if the the consultancy commission went out to competitive tender or did ECC simply "award" the contract to Doig & Smith?

We need to know.

mixumatosis
24-11-2011, 04:44 PM
This seems so obvious that i can only assume it's covered in the report, but this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Stadium

...suggests that the stadium which hosts the Diamond League athletics meetings in the UK as well as one of the most well established amateur athletics clubs in the country (Birchfield Harriers) has a capacity of 12700. That's after being expanded in 2011. I'm no athletics buff but isn't the Diamond League about as big as it gets for track & field outside Olympics / Commonwealths ?

If Edinburgh plans to host the Commonwealth Games or Olympics sometime in the future then sure, I could see the need for a stadium bigger than this, but then what's wrong with Murrayfield ? It's got a running track and a big green bit in the middle and I'm sure it could accomodate a sandpit for the jumpy events. At any rate, a 20 odd thousand seat community stadium ain't gonna get the job done if that's their intention.

Presumably Birmingham City Council found good reason to expand the Alexander Stadium rather than building a new facility. And aren't Birmingham City looking to modernise / relocate from St. Andrew's ? It certainly seems a more valid comparison than Hull and Swansea.

Now that I think about it, Birmingham are owned by a foreign businessman who has spectacularly failed to deliver the huge investment he promised, has saddled the club with huge debts and is reputed to have evaded taxation and laundered money through complex multinational business arrangements. So what council in their right mind would have anything to do with him ? Has anyone ever seen Carston Yeung and Vlad in the same room ?

hibs0666
24-11-2011, 04:51 PM

The report was also commissioned be Hearts FC and not the council. The council simply bunged some cash to the yams to part-fund the report.

Golden Bear
24-11-2011, 04:59 PM
The report was also commissioned be Hearts FC and not the council. The council simply bunged some cash to the yams to part-fund the report.

50% of the costs of producing the Report were funded from the public purse so the Council had an obligation to ensure that the authors produced a fair and balanced viewpoint and at a competitive price.

The_Todd
24-11-2011, 05:15 PM
A majority were against the trams, the Scottish Government themselves were against the trams and it still happened (well, it's been started anyway). If the council are hell bent on another white elephant, then they'll manage to get their way and I'm certain this will happen.

If Scott Neil is paying attention to this, he may as well plead the council to build him an ice rink as Murrayfield sure isn't fit for purpose either. That's something I'd get on board with!

Jones28
24-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Some of the comments from Jambos...how thick do you have to be do not get that a) any stadium built would be the COUNCILS, so they can do what the hell they want with it and B) they can't afford it anyway, and it has already been shelved by the CEC :bye:

NAE NOOKIE
24-11-2011, 10:04 PM
The councils opposition to the Lochend Butterfly developement was the most obvious example of, if not a pro hearts stance, then at least an anti Hibs bias. They sold the land for less than STF was willing to pay to a developer who built flats with no social input to the developement at all. STF had promised to include social benefits for the local area in his plans. At least I'm sure this was stated at the time. Why would they do that?

Then coming bang up to date they refuse Hibs a licence to open 'Behind the Goals' early for 12:30 kick offs, apparently because other pubs in Leith cant open early on a Sunday and they want to make sure the people in the local area get "respite" from drunken football fans therefore they denied Hibs a licence.

But as far as I am aware Behind the Goals is a members only bar and has never been the source of even a raised voice in all the time it has been in operation. Not to mention, when was the last time there was any drink related football related violence of any note prior to a Hibs match?

Oh .... of course hearts already have an early licence.

Its pathetic and an insult to Hibs and their supporters, who the council seem to forget are also in the main residents of Edinburgh.

clerriehibs
24-11-2011, 10:23 PM
This "community" stadium is going to happen, I fear.

The best we can do is bring pressure to bear to ensure that it has one f u ckin big running track.

Hibby cal
24-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Would it be incocievible of us to rent the yams our state of the art
Stadium,when they have to leave swine-castle ???
We could charge them a pretty penny to do so ,thus saving
Cec the cost of a new build.it would also give us extra cash
To build a stronger team on the park. Of course we would have to
Have the stadium disinfected every week but we could include this
In the price of the rent.

Just think how uncomfortable MR MERCER would feel about that

GGTTH

Archie70
24-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Few points.

How can the CEC even consider this when that lot are up for sale. If they were to find a new owner it may not be what they want, can afford etc. Or is the aim to push this through to make the sale more appealing?

Someone in the know, either fan or official, should complete a time-line of all the CECs wrong-doings and displays of bias and both go public and seek legal advice.

Someone said in a previous thread this isn't a Heartz issue its a Hibs one. Correct.

To see them blow their money, and outbid us for players, then be gifted a ground whilst we were forced to sell our best players to finance our new stands absolutely defies belief.

Sir Tom Farmer, born in Edinburgh, is the first Scot to be awarded the prestigious Andrew Carnegie Medal for philanthropy, was made a Knight Commander with Star of the Order of St. Gregory the Great, a high honour that the Catholic Church can bestow on a layman. He was also knighted by Queen Elizabeth in 1997.

Vladimir Romanov, born in Russia (though forgot this when he tried to become Lithuinian president, only to be chucked out) ripped of a pension fund and won Lithuanias Strictly Come Dancing.

CEC = Corrupt Edinburgh Council.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Off course we should.

Imagine how humiliating that would be after the p1sh they've talked over the last few years.

Hibbyradge
24-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd be all for that.

In fact, I am all for that.

It would save the council tax payers a fortune.

Cardownie will want to buy them a stadium though. It's not over yet.

Hibercelona
24-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I'll have some of yer brand! :smokin

iwasthere1972
24-11-2011, 11:08 PM

GGTTH

With their recent history of failing to settle bills on time, how could we even trust them to pay the rent when it's due.

I couldn't come to grips with that bunch swanning around Easter Road thinking they own the place while watching Hibs miles away from Edinburgh.

Besides Easter Road isn't big enough.

It's a No No No all the way as far as I am concerned. Let them rot well away from Leith. It's what they deserve.

Kaiser1962
24-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Sir Tom Farmer, born in Edinburgh, is the first Scot to be awarded the prestigious Andrew Carnegie Medal for philanthropy, was made a Knight Commander with Star of the Order of St. Gregory the Great, a high honour that the Catholic Church can bestow on a layman. He was also knighted by Queen Elizabeth in 1997.

Vladimir Romanov, born in Russia (though forgot this when he tried to become Lithuinian president, only to be chucked out) ripped of a pension fund and won Lithuanias Strictly Come Dancing.

While the Yams (and Vlad) are claiming to have contributed to the City's finances in the last five years it would be interesting if it could be worked out how much Sir Tom Farmer, either directly or indirectly has contributed to not only the City, but the country's coffers in his years in business.

I would suggest when you include all the various company taxes and employee contributions that he, and the many folks who have been in his paid employ, have paid then Vlad's "contribution" would be minuscule by comparison.

WindyMiller
24-11-2011, 11:14 PM
I'd be all for that.

In fact, I am all for that.

It would save the council tax payers a fortune.

Cardownie will want to buy them a stadium though. It's not over yet.

But he's now getting direct pressure from STF, a big contributor to the SNP.

James70
24-11-2011, 11:18 PM
This "community" stadium is going to happen, I fear.

The best we can do is bring pressure to bear to ensure that it has one f u ckin big running track.

It won't happen if the Council have no money and there is no longer a Hearts Club to occupy it!

There will be a major outcry if, in the current economic situation especially, the council try to press on with this. Who knows how many years the recession may last or how much longer it will be before Hearts go into administration.

Why do they not just rent Murrayfield anyway, beggars can't be choosers.

ScottB
24-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Doubt they would have enough money to pay for the damage their fans would do to the place...

Hibby cal
24-11-2011, 11:21 PM
With their recent history of failing to settle bills on time, how could we even trust them to pay the rent when it's due.

I couldn't come to grips with that bunch swanning around Easter Road thinking they own the place while watching Hibs miles away from Edinburgh.

It's a No No No all the way as far as I am concerned. Let them rot well away from Leith. It's what they deserve.

I know it's sounds horrible, that lot in our San siro . But we could
Charge them money up front for each game they played. Then
Imagine them having to call the sfa saying we can't play this
Satuarday as we can't afford to pay the mighty hibs (our landlords)
Our rent. The papers would have a field day with them

monktonharp
24-11-2011, 11:29 PM
stop this thread immediately admins. it's been hijacked by lunatics. never seen/heard sae much keek in aw ma life

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Lets do it.

But only after they have folded and re-appeared as Hertz Fc, having forsaken their illustrious history through both world wars and their special relationship with the big cup.

Mixu62
24-11-2011, 11:37 PM
The groundsmen would have a nightmare repairng the turf after that herd trotted round on it for an hour and a half every week. Nah, not for me.

iwasthere1972
24-11-2011, 11:38 PM

I haven't changed my mind.

Can you imagine them being the home team and us only having the South Stand. Seeing the other three stands full of Yams would have me one phone call away from The Samaritans.

huggie1875
24-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I haven't changed my mind.Can you imagine them being the home team and us only having the South Stand. Seeing the other three stands full of Yams would have me one phone call away from The Samaritans. this post is bang on and the reason it should never happenyams on 3 sides nooooooo

WellingtonHibby
24-11-2011, 11:45 PM
i dont think Mr Mercer would care, he, i believe, is deid.

fat freddy
24-11-2011, 11:45 PM
If Easter Road had 400,000 capacity i would see the point of this thread..

Hibby cal
24-11-2011, 11:47 PM
I haven't changed my mind.

Can you imagine them being the home team and us only having the South Stand. Seeing the other three stands full of Yams would have me one phone call away from The Samaritans.

Good point never thought of that!!!!
But on derby days we as landlords could inflate the
Ticket prices for the home team to £40 adult £30 kids/senior

iwasthere1972
24-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Good point never thought of that!!!!
But on derby days we as landlords could inflate the
Ticket prices for the home team to £40 adult £30 kids/senior

You do know that "they" would refer to us as rent boys. :wink:

Hibby cal
24-11-2011, 11:53 PM
You do know that "they" would refer to us as rent boys. :wink:

Lol ,very good. But aren't we all gay anyway (according to them)

Hibby cal
24-11-2011, 11:56 PM
We could come running out the tunnel to the tune of
RENT by the pet shop boys

Saorsa
25-11-2011, 12:01 AM

It's a No No No all the way as far as I am concerned. Let them rot well away from Leith. It's what they deserve.:top marksand it's a no from me

**** the h****s

iwasthere1972
25-11-2011, 12:03 AM
We could come running out the tunnel to the tune of
RENT by the pet shop boys

Another reason it's a no goer.

They win that big silver cup whatever it's called. Where do you think they would be heading back to in Edinburgh to parade it?

Aye that's right. Easter Road.

Case dismissed.

son of haggart
25-11-2011, 12:03 AM

GGTTH

yes

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-11-2011, 12:18 AM
yes

"wherever I lay my hat" :greengrin

Kammy1875
25-11-2011, 12:26 AM
As much as it would be the ultimate humiliation for them I wouldn't be for it.

Us, as a club would be fined every other week due to the jambo's standing up every second week when watching there team, they can't help it though because after 6 years of taking it up the rear from Mister Romanov I believe they find it hard to sit down :wink:

frazeHFC
25-11-2011, 12:30 AM
No way! I would have to decontaminate my seat every week and i would much rather they struggled along on their own.

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Terms for the rental -

1. 100k per game, half-a-season at a time paid in advance
2. portakabin changing rooms outside stadium
3. play in pink rather than maroon and no fans wearing maroon allowed in
4. supply own catering staff as we don't want our younger part-time employees nonced up by paedos
5. no sectarian song or scraf-twirling allowed
6. no Hearts employee, other than Vlad, allowed to use the executive facilities, Vlad to be given best of treatment
7. database kept with like likes of Foluks, MacKay, Cardownie, Dawes all banned from coming anywhere the stadium on match days.

KWJ
25-11-2011, 02:50 AM
How does it work for AC and Inter? Do they have 50/50 support for all derbies or is it a case of watching somebody park their AC/Inter arse on your seat?

Haymaker
25-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Hearts are a private company so therefore should fund their own development.

Considering they have an outstanding case against their non-payment of tax, they shouldnt have a voice at the table. They have cheated this country out of large amounts of money, they shouldnt get government help.

Until their debt to the taxpayer is closed, they shouldnt even be allowed to talk to the CEC.

KWJ
25-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Read the report here. If you are a taxpayer anywhere in the UK,* some of your money went towards this nonsense.

Then contact your local representatives and put a stop to this nonsense. Particularly pertinent to ask how Hearts are going to pay the fair cost of leasing this new stadium, given their financial "issues".

*Most obviously if you are an Edinburgh rates and/or council tax payer, but even if you live and work elsewhere, the council is subsidised by the Scottish Government, which in turn gets a block grant from the UK Government.

£30k we paid for that and it's not even factually correct.

Refers to Hibernian as presently being able to accommodate 17,500.

Pete
25-11-2011, 04:43 AM
£30k we paid for that and it's not even factually correct.

Refers to Hibernian as presently being able to accommodate 17,500.

I've not read the report but this factual inaccuracy staggers me. This surely discredits the whole reports as the information they have been analysing is wrong.

Surely a report costing £30,000 looking into stadium feasibility has to get something like this right. I'm pretty sure this should be the first fact that had to be found and the number one factor in the whole argument in justifying a similar sized project.

I think they knew the fact that ER holds more than 20000 yet deliberately stated 17500 to try and enhance the argument for a 25000 stadium.

The authors of the report have either deliberately lied or it contains such a fundamental innacuracy that it's worthless. Either way this report can surely be challenged if push comes to shove.

EasterRoad4Ever
25-11-2011, 04:49 AM
If the CEC builds this unneccessary stadium, I will stop paying Council Tax.

I'm not in the least surprised that the Council are looking to bail Hearts out. However, if this even gets close to happening or we hear of them spending any more money (that we hard pressed rate payers cannot afford) then some action by Hibs fans should be considered. Sure it would'nt take much to alert other rate payers to what's going on. The Council doesn't have a mandate to do what they are trying to do, and it is probably illegal.

EasterRoad4Ever
25-11-2011, 04:53 AM
I've not read the report but this factual inaccuracy staggers me. This surely discredits the whole reports as the information they have been analysing is wrong.

Surely a report costing £30,000 looking into stadium feasibility has to get something like this right. I'm pretty sure this should be the first fact that had to be found and the number one factor in the whole argument in justifying a similar sized project.

I think they knew the fact that ER holds more than 20000 yet deliberately stated 17500 to try and enhance the argument for a 25000 stadium.

The authors of the report have either deliberately lied or it contains such a fundamental innacuracy that it's worthless. Either way this report can surely be challenged if push comes to shove.

It was the way the report referred to Hibs as the "peg-selling, Docksiders" that got me. I think that was a bit uncalled for.

lyonhibs
25-11-2011, 08:24 AM
stop this thread immediately admins. it's been hijacked by lunatics. never seen/heard sae much keek in aw ma life

:agree: This :agree:

Sometimes, the chase for money and "bragging rights" over the Yams goes too far. The thought of Easter Road with anything more than the South Stand full of Jambos gives me the boke.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2011, 08:45 AM
I'd allow it, the money they paid us in rent would pay for one of those big lighting rigs that keep the grass perfect.

It would only be for a while anyway, they would die eventually, a lot of them wouldnt even travel to easter road, and those that did would dwindle over the months.

Eventually they would have to move out, not before we'd actually charged them enough money to get the lighting rig, made money from the extra catering, and generally helped them spend more money that they could ill afford.

Dont care about them sitting in my seat, i will bring a cloth.

Big Frank
25-11-2011, 09:21 AM
I'd allow it, the money they paid us in rent would pay for one of those big lighting rigs that keep the grass perfect.

It would only be for a while anyway, they would die eventually, a lot of them wouldnt even travel to easter road, and those that did would dwindle over the months.

Eventually they would have to move out, not before we'd actually charged them enough money to get the lighting rig, made money from the extra catering, and generally helped them spend more money that they could ill afford.

Dont care about them sitting in my seat, i will bring a cloth.

Dettol and a scrubbing brush would be better :wink:

The Merricks need a stadium if they're launch from tipcastle? Murrayfield.