PDA

View Full Version : Tom Gardiner (ex Spurs youth) signs for Hibs

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Tom, somebody from Spurs?:confused:

berwickhibee
27-06-2013, 01:06 PM

huddlestone or carroll???:wink: 2nd one could be a shout.

SaulGoodman
27-06-2013, 01:09 PM

Huddlestone would be ok. :duck:

pontius pilate
27-06-2013, 01:13 PM
huddlestone or carroll???:wink: 2nd one could be a shout.

Any of they 2 guys would be a massive coup. However there is no way on gods green earth it would be huddlestone as AVB rates and likes him. Ill ask around on the fighting cock

YehButNoBut
27-06-2013, 02:07 PM
saw this on twitter, Spurs midfielder, more than likely crap, but just thought I would post in case anyone heard anything

RyanH97 ‏@ryzo97 Tom Carroll to Hibs on Loan I'm hearing! #yesplease (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23yesplease&src=hash) #greatplayer (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23greatplayer&src=hash)

Thomas James Carroll is an English professional footballer who plays for Tottenham Hotspur as a central midfielder, having graduated from their academy and into their professional ranks

YehButNoBut
27-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Just wondering if the Tom Carroll thing is a mix up with this guy, his twitter says he's a Spurs youth team player.

Tom Gardiner ‏@tomgardiner95 Officially signed a professional contract with Hibernian FC #Hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibs&src=hash) #Scottishprem (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Scottishprem&src=hash) #newchaperbegins (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23newchaperbegins&src=hash) #football (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23football&src=hash) ��✌

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNxXkenCEAAdIvK.jpg:large

woodyhfc4892
27-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Seems like the Tom from Tottenham is a player called Tom Gardiner. He tweeted a pic with the new top saying hes signed. @tomgardiner95 is his twitter

YehButNoBut
27-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Think Gardiner is a centre back and only 18, so one for the future I would think.

J-C
27-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Can't find a thing about him anywhere, says signed, does anyone know if it's a full contract or on loan??

green glory
27-06-2013, 02:27 PM

bingo70
27-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Can't find a thing about him anywhere, says signed, does anyone know if it's a full contract or on loan??

His twitter says he's signed......

"Officially signed a professional contract with Hibernian Fc"

J-C
27-06-2013, 02:29 PM
His twitter says he's signed......

"Officially signed a professional contract with Hibernian Fc"

Yea seen that, just wanted confirmation, well, good to see Pat looking to the future though. :greengrin

ManBearPig
27-06-2013, 02:30 PM
If it means anything tom gardiner is brilliant in football manager!

bingo70
27-06-2013, 02:31 PM

what position is he in it?

J-C
27-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Ta will sign him asap then :greengrin

Spike Mandela
27-06-2013, 02:32 PM

Aren't they all?:rolleyes:

Andy74
27-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Think Gardiner is a centre back and only 18, so one for the future I would think.

Wonder if we will say anything. We don't tend to for youth players.

HibeeMG
27-06-2013, 02:33 PM
I believe he's a central defender.

bingo70
27-06-2013, 02:33 PM

I know it's a bit different for a centre half but at 18 i'd be expecting him to challenge for a first team place, if a young player hasn't made the breakthrough by the time they're 19 there's probably a fair chance they're not going to.

J-C
27-06-2013, 02:35 PM

Spurs youth are probably good enough for Hibs 1st team, may be looking at cover, play in U20's and bring into 1st team when needed.

Heisenberg
27-06-2013, 02:36 PM
He's a centre half. Cant see him jumping in front of Forster in terms of fighting for a first team place.

HibeeMG
27-06-2013, 02:40 PM
He's a centre half. Cant see him jumping in front of Forster in terms of fighting for a first team place.

If he's better than Jordon, he will.

brog
27-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Just wondering if the Tom Carroll thing is a mix up with this guy, his twitter says he's a Spurs youth team player.

Tom Gardiner ‏@tomgardiner95 Officially signed a professional contract with Hibernian FC #Hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibs&src=hash) #Scottishprem (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Scottishprem&src=hash) #newchaperbegins (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23newchaperbegins&src=hash) #football (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23football&src=hash) ��✌

Welcome Tom! You look like a proper footballer & the strip, pitch & stadium look fantastic as well!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNxXkenCEAAdIvK.jpg:large
Welcome Tom! You look like a proper footballer & the strip, pitch & stadium look fantastic as well!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNxXkenCEAAdIvK.jpg:large[/QUOTE]

Hero76
27-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Officially signed for Hibs, anyone know anything about the lad ?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2iuql2o.jpg (https://twitter.com/tomgardiner95/status/350251155223351296/photo/1)

Tollhouse Hibee
27-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Officially signed for Hibs, anyone know anything about the lad ?

nope do you - its not on the fishy or hibs twitter yet

could be an academy player

Hero76
27-06-2013, 03:19 PM
nope do you - its not on the fishy or twitter yet

Young lad signed his first PRO contract with us he was previously with SPURS he plays CB

Andy74
27-06-2013, 03:21 PM
We tend not to announce players who will probably just be youth team players initially.

He's git a picture with the kit though so we may announce it with some others.

cabbageandribs1875
27-06-2013, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=brog;3656909]Welcome Tom! You look like a proper footballer & the strip, pitch & stadium look fantastic as well!

yamboids can only dream of a stadium like ER :agree:

Dashing Bob S
27-06-2013, 03:44 PM
I know absolutely nothing about Tom G, but as nobody else appears to, I feel it gives me ample license to make up the following pish:

Tom Gardiner is a died-in-the-wool-Hibby from Leith, his forefathers having stepped off the boat from Ireland back in the day, and who were instrumental in the formation of the great club. Spurs signed him as one of the most talented young central defenders of all time, a cross between Stanton and Beckenbaur, but Tom decided that the temptation to be part of the rising dynasty in the club he loves so much was irresistible. Elbowing Spurs, he has come to be the man "who delivers the final crushing blow into the crippled, ailing Gorgie paedophille behemoth. It is my destiny as a Hibernian." (Cue Game of Thrones theme music.)

Oh, alright, seems a talented young defender, hope it works out for the boy etc etc Spurs don't sign dross etc etc but let's be cautious and remember Danny Galbraith etc etc

Keith_M
27-06-2013, 03:44 PM
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Gardiner), he's a defender, 50 years old and played one game in the Major Indoor Soccer League in the US in 1981.

Boy are we scraping the bottom of the barrel!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-06-2013, 03:54 PM

Being and Centre Half and not being able to jump, doesn't preclude you from getting in the team:stirrer:

Jim44
27-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Are Mullen and Gardiner the two signings referred to by Fenlon. If so, I can hardly contain my indifference. I'd rather he used both their wages to get in a half decent striker.

ekhibee
27-06-2013, 04:00 PM
looking at The Fighting Cock it seems the Spurs Fans don't know much about him either.

Andy74
27-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Are Mullen and Gardiner the two signings referred to by Fenlon. If so, I can hardly contain my indifference. I'd rather he used both their wages to get in a half decent striker.

What do you think?

Hibs7
27-06-2013, 04:03 PM
What do you think?

Hard to say when nothing has been confirmed, but like the other poster I am decidedly underwhelmed if that is the case !!
You seem to know more than most on here so why not enlighten us ?

YehButNoBut
27-06-2013, 04:07 PM

As Mullen was already publicised and hardly has any SPL experience and Gardiner is just a kid with no SPL experience hopefully these will not be the 2 players with knowledge of the SPL Pat was referring to.

Kato
If so,

Well if they aren't don't spill your indifference anywhere near me.

Hibernian Verse
Hibs7 - I'm going to go with Fenlon over you on this one as, yes you guessed it, he's a professional football manager.

Brooster
27-06-2013, 04:13 PM
This guy and another from spurs played in a bounce game for the 20s a couple of months back. The other one was s central midfielder.

Hibs7
27-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Hibs7 - I'm going to go with Fenlon over you on this one as, yes you guessed it, he's a professional football manager.

So I am not entitled to my opinion then and Pat is always right .... Forgive me but Kujabi, kuqi tend to prove even Pat can get it wrong !!
I would love to be proved wrong but Hibs NEED one or two DECENT strikers ASAP !

Andy74
27-06-2013, 04:17 PM
So I am not entitled to my opinion then and Pat is always right .... Forgive me but Kujabi, kuqi tend to prove even Pat can get it wrong !!

Yep and Pat has already said he's looking to bring a couple in so not sure what your point is?

Hibs7
27-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Yep and Pat has already said he's looking to bring a couple in so not sure what your point is?

I was replying to the other poster and still awaiting your reply to my other post :-)
Plus the two quoted are not strikers !!

PeterboroHibee
27-06-2013, 04:19 PM

I dont think signing an 18 year old CB is going to stop us signing a striker though. This will most likely be a player recommended to go into the U20s (or whatever the next team down is).

Andy74
27-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I was replying to the other poster and still awaiting your reply to my other post :-)
Plus the two quoted are not strikers !!

I think you might be confusing certain statements. Pat has said he was hopeful of getting another couple of players in this week. He has also said he is looking to bring in a couple if strikers. He didn't say he was bringing in two strikers this week. In any case as discussed in other posts this one is a player for the youth team.

Hibs7
27-06-2013, 04:24 PM
I think you might be confusing certain statements. Pat has said he was hopeful of getting another couple of players in this week. He has also said he is looking to bring in a couple if strikers. He didn't say he was bringing in two strikers this week. In any case as discussed in other posts this one is a player for the youth team.

Could be .. Hope so ! :-)

LeighLoyal
27-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Looks like a One Direction extra.

allezsauzee
27-06-2013, 04:52 PM
looking at The Fighting Cock it seems the Spurs Fans don't know much about him either.

quite a few cocks on that site from what i can see

YehButNoBut
27-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Is this lad another youth signing??

taylor hendry ‏@TaylorHendry Happy to say I've signed my two year deal with hibs today ��⚽

bighairyfaeleith
27-06-2013, 07:54 PM

taylor hendry ‏@TaylorHendry Happy to say I've signed my two year deal with hibs today 💚⚽

Looks pretty young from his twitter profile so guessing so yes

SMAXXA
27-06-2013, 07:55 PM

No they are not Jim, there are more to follow. I said on Monday that we are due to announce at least 2 new 1st team players by the end of the week, from what I believe 1 will be announced tomorrow, if all the formalities are done with another due to follow shortly.

hibbymick
27-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Im very surprised at this announcement........I thought Hearts would have the franchise on any spare Liverpool or Spurs players.:cb

Hibee Ryan
27-06-2013, 07:57 PM

taylor hendry ‏@TaylorHendry Happy to say I've signed my two year deal with hibs today 💚⚽

He went to my school. He went down to Ipswich about a year ago but since came up to play with Hibs about 6 months ago so he's been there for a while now

GreenCastle
27-06-2013, 07:58 PM

Hutchy Vale...then joined Ipswich in 2012 ...now Hibs?

If so...has excellent potential and is an attacking player.

IanM
28-06-2013, 07:44 AM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_swoop_for_four_youngsters_798781/index.shtml

basehibby
28-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Aren't they all?:rolleyes:

No they're not - there's plenty of gash players on it!

From what I can gather, a lot of real scouting work goes into creating these games. So, if someone is consistently brilliant then whoever scouted them for CM presumably rated them as having great potential :dunno:

brog
28-06-2013, 09:03 AM
He went to my school. He went down to Ipswich about a year ago but since came up to play with Hibs about 6 months ago so he's been there for a while now

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_swoop_for_four_youngsters_798781/index.shtml

This is great news & I'm actually more pleased about us going in this direction than with rumours re our possible signings. It looks as if we now have some long- term vision & ambition re the way the club should be managed. We haven't (as yet) produced a major saleable asset since the golden generation. The new structure in place with the E of S league & the fact we're obviously casting our net far & wide for young talent is excellent IMO. We only need to sell on one young player for big bucks to cover our investment, even sweeter if that player is an ex Yam.
Congrats to Pat, James, scouts & all involved in this initiative.

SlickShoes
28-06-2013, 09:07 AM
No they're not - there's plenty of gash players on it!

From what I can gather, a lot of real scouting work goes into creating these games. So, if someone is consistently brilliant then whoever scouted them for CM presumably rated them as having great potential :dunno:

Pretty much every team in the game has a dedicated researcher, I done the hibs one a couple of times, the ratings of the players are generally accurate from a fan/enthusiast perspective but a lot of the young players are complete guess work because it's hard to get information on youth teams and performance levels over a whole season. I remember one of the years I done it I gave wotherspoon massive potential but his actual ratings at the time were fairly low so if you bought him and he developed well he would become excellent, or you could manage him like real life and his career could stall.

Andy74
28-06-2013, 09:39 AM
This is great news & I'm actually more pleased about us going in this direction than with rumours re our possible signings. It looks as if we now have some long- term vision & ambition re the way the club should be managed. We haven't (as yet) produced a major saleable asset since the golden generation. The new structure in place with the E of S league & the fact we're obviously casting our net far & wide for young talent is excellent IMO. We only need to sell on one young player for big bucks to cover our investment, even sweeter if that player is an ex Yam.
Congrats to Pat, James, scouts & all involved in this initiative.

It's not that new though, mind the young Austrian guy, Grof the keeper, the lad recently from Everton, etc. That tends to be why we don't announce them, we do generally take in new young players even from other teams most years.

Persevere80
28-06-2013, 09:59 AM
I dont think signing an 18 year old CB is going to stop us signing a striker though. This will most likely be a player recommended to go into the U20s (or whatever the next team down is).

I seem to remember hibs applying to play there b team in a lower league but 1st team players are eligible to play to so the could gain match fitness, similar to the reserve league but can't find a link. He could be put straight into that team.

Persevere80
28-06-2013, 10:08 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/hibs-secure-berth-in-east-of-scotland-league-1-2959366

This is what I meant. Think this is a great idea.

brog
28-06-2013, 10:30 AM
It's not that new though, mind the young Austrian guy, Grof the keeper, the lad recently from Everton, etc. That tends to be why we don't announce them, we do generally take in new young players even from other teams most years.

Agreed but we don't usually do 4 at a time like this & the Everton guy, McCreadie? must be about 5 years ago now. They now also have 2 different outlets ( U-20 & E of S ) in which to demonstrate their skills & potentially also to toughen up against older, more experienced players. A bit like the old days when young players such as Dalglish, Colin Stein & the great Joe played junior football before signing senior forms.

Leishy1995
28-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Hutchy Vale...then joined Ipswich in 2012 ...now Hibs?

If so...has excellent potential and is an attacking player.

Was kept in grant murray's sons back pocket when I played him

Andy74
28-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Agreed but we don't usually do 4 at a time like this & the Everton guy, McCreadie? must be about 5 years ago now. They now also have 2 different outlets ( U-20 & E of S ) in which to demonstrate their skills & potentially also to toughen up against older, more experienced players. A bit like the old days when young players such as Dalglish, Colin Stein & the great Joe played junior football before signing senior forms.

Yeah, fair points. The Irish angle is also interesting. Pat had been watching a lot of the younger national team games. He said recently he knows every player in Ireland from 11 and older. If we can divert some of those that have otherwise ended up in England recently that would be useful.

HibbyAndy
28-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Was kept in grant murray's sons back pocket when I played him

Yep.Jack Murray good wee player.

Leishy1995
28-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Yep.Jack Murray good wee player.

The other brother, jack is to young mate! Robbie!

HibbyAndy
28-06-2013, 11:29 AM
The other brother, jack is to young mate! Robbie!

Jack released by hibs last summer and Robbie is giving me his terrapins lol :-)

Billy Whizz
28-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Spartans, Edinburgh City and Stirling Uni, are putting 2nd teams into the League now as well

Leishy1995
28-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Jack released by hibs last summer and Robbie is giving me his terrapins lol :-)

Jack has always bounced about the pro youth teams, should do better than his dad

brog
28-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah, fair points. The Irish angle is also interesting. Pat had been watching a lot of the younger national team games. He said recently he knows every player in Ireland from 11 and older. If we can divert some of those that have otherwise ended up in England recently that would be useful.

Yes, the Irish angle in particular was excellent & I like the thinking in bringing 2 young lads over together. I think though it just sends a positive signal that the club is looking forward & of course as sole senior representatives in the Capital we'll need to resource accordingly! :wink: