PDA

View Full Version : England 3 v 2 Scotland (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3

brian6-2
27-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Hey,

Know this might be a bit of a long shot but do any guys on here who are going to the game have any spare tickets or know of any in the scotland end for the game in august?

we have 1 and are looking for another 2 if possible.

Its still pretty easy to get them in the england end but obvioussly want to avoid that.

any help appreciated. cheers guys.

:thumbsup:

Frazerbob
27-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Tickets left over from the Season Ticket holders sale are available from 12pm for Supporters Club members on 1 to 10 points. Might be a few harvesters buying today that'll become available over the next few days.

brian6-2
27-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Tickets left over from the Season Ticket holders sale are available from 12pm for Supporters Club members on 1 to 10 points. Might be a few harvesters buying today that'll become available over the next few days.

Yeah was waiting for that mate thanks, ive got mine sorted through the travel club but need another 2.

lyonhibs
27-06-2013, 09:43 AM
I think it would be comedy if some organised buying from Scotland fans in the sections of the home end nearest the Scotland end effectively turned half of Wembley dark blue a la France game in 2007 (or was it '08?)

Will be the pub in Zurich for me sadly.

brian6-2
27-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I think it would be comedy if some organised buying from Scotland fans in the sections of the home end nearest the Scotland end effectively turned half of Wembley dark blue a la France game in 2007 (or was it '08?)

ive no doubt it will happen, it did in 99 when we won 1-0. at the end of the game around 1-2000 scotland fans were at either side of the scotland end and there were more dotted all around the ground.

Posh Swanny
27-06-2013, 10:20 AM
ive no doubt it will happen, it did in 99 when we won 1-0. at the end of the game around 1-2000 scotland fans were at either side of the scotland end and there were more dotted all around the ground.

Agreed. It is easy enough to register on England Fans to get tickets and there's no bother with having a Scotland address - I've been getting tickets for years with no problem and you can pick and choose your specific seat so could get right up against the segregation boundary.

brian6-2
27-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Agreed. It is easy enough to register on England Fans to get tickets and there's no bother with having a Scotland address - I've been getting tickets for years with no problem and you can pick and choose your specific seat so could get right up against the segregation boundary.

Did you manage ok with a scottish address? my old man applied and was kb'd haha!

i'll give it another go a bit later on mate, cheers :thumbsup:

Gus
27-06-2013, 11:15 AM
I find it totally unacceptable that Scotland fans would go in the England end. I hope they get found out & removed from the stadium.

Remember what folk were saying about Celtic fans in the Hibs end at the final

Tut tut lads :greengrin

18Craig75
27-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Can't wait!!

Killiehibbie
27-06-2013, 11:52 AM
I find it totally unacceptable that Scotland fans would go in the England end. I hope they get found out & removed from the stadium.

Tut tut lads :greengrinNo such thing as a home end when Scotland go to Wembley:agree:

HH81
27-06-2013, 12:42 PM

I have 30 tickets in the Scotland end and they are all going to England fans :agree:

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2013, 02:45 PM

:agree: Stay in yer own end ya skirt wearing drunken sweaty socks
:grr:

Bristolhibby
27-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Me and Bathhibby got out tickets bought today.

Gone for the £55ers.

J

brian6-2
28-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Me and Bathhibby got out tickets bought today.

Gone for the £55ers.

J

do you know of anyone that can get them that isnt going mate? few beers in it for you :thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
28-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Sorry buddy, all my mates in the SSC are going.

The home end is an option, just don't go in colours.

J

brian6-2
28-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Sorry buddy, all my mates in the SSC are going.

The home end is an option, just don't go in colours.

J

cheers anyway mate, im sorted for mine but the 2 guys im going with arent sorted, they are hopefull of even taking thier chances down there and getting one as there are 20,000.

H18sry
28-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I have 30 tickets in the Scotland end and they are all going to England fans :agree:

So you have 30 England fan's who hold Scotland season tickets or are members of the SSC and have an away point or more :cool2:

Lucius Apuleius
28-06-2013, 08:55 AM
So you have 30 England fan's who hold Scotland season tickets or are members of the SSC and have an away point or more :cool2:

:agree: 'Tis indeed a strange one. As an aside, saw pictures yesterday from a guy who was in the construction team, which he refuses to allow me copies of, of them burying a saltire under the time capsule they buried at the centre spot.

.Sean.
28-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Going down with a few mates for the day out more than anything, no real fan of the national side and I don't like the tartan army either but should be a good day away.

Lucius Apuleius
28-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Going down with a few mates for the day out more than anything, no real fan of the national side and I don't like the tartan army either but should be a good day away.

Wow.

Posh Swanny
28-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Did you manage ok with a scottish address? my old man applied and was kb'd haha!

i'll give it another go a bit later on mate, cheers :thumbsup:

I managed OK with an Ormiston address last week - haven't heard anything to the contrary anyway! But it may be OK for my account because I've been to quite a few games down there in the last three or four years. I guess its possible/likely they are taking a dim view of new registrations from north of the border for this game?

I'm looking forward to the "banter" on the train journey down on the Wednesday morning - I think me and my mate will be outnumbered somewhat! :worried::duck::cheers:

brian6-2
28-06-2013, 09:49 AM
I managed OK with an Ormiston address last week - haven't heard anything to the contrary anyway! But it may be OK for my account because I've been to quite a few games down there in the last three or four years. I guess its possible/likely they are taking a dim view of new registrations from north of the border for this game?

I'm looking forward to the "banter" on the train journey down on the Wednesday morning - I think me and my mate will be outnumbered somewhat! :worried::duck::cheers:

cool mate will give it another go, did you get to choose the section beside the scotland allocation? :thumbsup:

brian6-2
28-06-2013, 09:49 AM

going for a swedge then? :wink:

Frazerbob
28-06-2013, 10:42 AM

So you're not a fan of the Scottish football team or it's fans but are going to London for a good day out with 20,000 Tartan Army there to support their country. That's odd!

Andy74
28-06-2013, 10:51 AM
So you're not a fan of the Scottish football team or it's fans but are going to London for a good day out with 20,000 Tartan Army there to support their country. That's odd!

I get that.

Went to Scotland v Brazil down there. I don't caree too much about the Scotland team and can't be bothered with the tartan army either but had a good day out drinking in London with a few mates.

Falkirk Hibby
28-06-2013, 10:54 AM
i will be there in the home end in my official English FA Coaches capacity. The Scotland top will be underneath ready to make a brave appearance at the right opportunity! Either that or I will pap myself and keep it hidden and not talk! :wink:

CropleyWasGod
28-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Update on the ticket situation.

Sales to SSC members, with no travel points, start at noon on Tuesday and end at noon on Thursday.

Presumably it will be a public sale after that.

brian6-2
28-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Sales to SSC members, with no travel points, start at noon on Tuesday and end at noon on Thursday.

nice one :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-06-2013, 11:14 AM

pub in Tenerife for me

DH1875
28-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I was down for the Euro 96 game. Didn't get a ticket but still had a blast. Good times :aok:.

SteveHFC
28-06-2013, 12:20 PM

.net bus down to wembley ;)

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2013, 12:26 PM

These English fishing rods are working well on here these days!

LeighLoyal
28-06-2013, 12:30 PM
I still remember the Wembley pitch invasion in 77 as a kid. Neighbour above us brought back some turf and had it on his window sill.

Frazerbob
28-06-2013, 12:31 PM

Doubt it. The SFA only sell away tickets to SSC members and would imagine England would be the last fixture they'd change that rule for. Besides, over 14000 sold to date, doubt there will be any left after the zero pointer's sale.

CropleyWasGod
28-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Doubt it. The SFA only sell away tickets to SSC members and would imagine England would be the last fixture they'd change that rule for. Besides, over 14000 sold to date, doubt there will be any left after the zero pointer's sale.

Cool, ta.

Do you know how much the total allocation is?

Bristolhibby
28-06-2013, 12:36 PM
cool, ta.

j

Frazerbob
28-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Cool, ta.

brian6-2
28-06-2013, 12:42 PM
im sure i seen on the TAMB that england have only sold 12,000 tickets so far?? is that right?

whats the chances of them increasing our allocation?

HH81
28-06-2013, 12:54 PM
These English fishing rods are working well on here these days!

Tell you what, when the actual English season kicks off we may have a few on here changing teams :wink:

GoldenEagle
28-06-2013, 05:58 PM
When do the zero pointer SSC members get a chance to buy.

CropleyWasGod
28-06-2013, 08:06 PM
When do the zero pointer SSC members get a chance to buy.

Tuesday at noon.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm a Scotland season ticket holder and I forgot to get my tickets this week!'!!!

CropleyWasGod
28-06-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm a Scotland season ticket holder and I forgot to get my tickets this week!'!!!

You can get them now, if you have at least 1 away point. You have priority until Tuesday, at which point everyone else in the SSC can buy.

.Sean.
28-06-2013, 09:25 PM

What's odd?

I find the TA embarrassing, though myself and my closest mates all follow different sides so we see international fixtures as a chance to go to the game together.

A day away on the booze at the game with mates in London? Sounds brilliant. We just don't feel that singing about 700 year old battles, lochs and deer, and wearing kilts and ginger wigs enhances the experience.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Does anybody actually wear those Jimmy Hats these days? You might still get the odd roaster, but, its really just used these days as a stick to clatter The TA with! For the record i've never worn a kilt or one of these daft hats.

Frazerbob
29-06-2013, 01:06 PM
What's odd?

I find the TA embarrassing, though myself and my closest mates all follow different sides so we see international fixtures as a chance to go to the game together.

A day away on the booze at the game with mates in London? Sounds brilliant. We just don't feel that singing about 700 year old battles, lochs and deer, and wearing kilts and ginger wigs enhances the experience.

It's odd that you choose to go on a trip to London with your mates the very week a team you don't support and 20,000 people you don't like will be there. Why not go on any of other the 51 weeks of the year. Go, enjoy it and don't get upset if you see some drunk guys in kilts having a good time.

Frazerbob
29-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Does anybody actually wear those Jimmy Hats these days? You might still get the odd roaster, but, its really just used these days as a stick to clatter The TA with! For the record i've never worn a kilt or one of these daft hats.

I saw a guy at Wimbledon yesterday wearing one. What an embarrassment!

You're spot on, you simply don't see them on Scotland trips bar the occasional kid. Every time somebody trots out the "Jimmy hat" line to slag off the Tartan Army it just tells me they have never actually experienced a Scotland trip and their opinion is worthless.

Having said that, Wembley will be awash with total fandans. I hate this fixture, it brings out the worst in Scots, both the TA and the numpties that see it as an opportunity to swagger around London acting hard looking for Danny Dyer types.

Lucius Apuleius
29-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I saw a guy at Wimbledon yesterday wearing one. What an embarrassment!

You're spot on, you simply don't see them on Scotland trips bar the occasional kid. Every time somebody trots out the "Jimmy hat" line to slag of the Tartan Army it just tells me they have never actually experienced a Scotland trip and their view point is worthless.

Having said that, Wembley will be awash with total fandans. I hate this fixture, it brings out the worst in Scots, both the TA and the numpties that see it as an opportunity to swagger around London acting hard looking for Danny Dyer types.

:agree:For that reason alone, I am holding off buying a ticket. Really cannot make my mind up.

Bristolhibby
29-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Well I'm going, however it's only an hour and a half on the train from Chippenham.

J

Bishop Hibee
29-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Working which takes the decision out of my hands. I'd have misgivings about going to though given the radges who'll be out for this one. I'd be staying at mates in London too so it would be a bit hairy travelling on the rail network. Just stumped up £36 for my ticket for the Belgium game at Hampden though.

WHAM
29-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Waited for this fixture my whole life. Grew up with the old man's tales of the Wembley weekends in the 70s and 80s.

Was too young to go down in 1996 and 1999 so really looking forward to this one. Ticket and travel sorted.

Might be a bit hairy but you can't beat an away fixture with a bit of an "edge" IMO. Having said that, with it being a friendly and on a Wednesday night, there probably won't be as many bams about as usual.

See you in Trafalgar Square Sean..."we'll be coming!" 😘

MacBean
02-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Just purchased 3 tickets for zero pointers. Bring them on!

brian6-2
02-07-2013, 12:28 PM
eventually got sorted too, whats everyones plans on the day? trafalger square?

was there before the game in 99 as well as a few pubs in st johns wood, cracking day. result was even better mind :greengrin

Ross4356
02-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah got one too. Do you know where £65 seats are?

Billy Whizz
02-07-2013, 01:05 PM
We've got 4 Scotland season tickets in the family, but we've decided not to bother going to this one

Scottie
04-07-2013, 12:19 AM

Been told the £65 seats are Level 1 in the East end of the stadium.
Can't seem to open the e-mail from the SSC to show exactly where we are sitting though. Canny wait

Ritchie
04-07-2013, 08:35 AM

who you going down with Ross?

Ritchie
04-07-2013, 08:37 AM
might be a silly question this but does anyone know of any spare tickets going in the scotland end? :confused:

Gus
04-07-2013, 11:33 AM
might be a silly question this but does anyone know of any spare tickets going in the scotland end? :confused:

Your right, it is a silly question.

Be thousands of tickets left in the England game as it's a non event for them 9us) :wink:

Hope the Scots enjoy their day though as many friends will be going & I hope it passes without any bother

Posh Swanny
04-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Been told the £65 seats are Level 1 in the East end of the stadium.
Can't seem to open the e-mail from the SSC to show exactly where we are sitting though. Canny wait

They will be in the lower tier along the side of the pitch (from the goal-line towards the halfway line). Seats towards the back of these sections offer a fantastic view - pretty similar to being at the back of the North at Hampden. If you're at the front, the view of the game itself is crap but you do get really close to the players.

Posh Swanny
04-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Good tool if you know what block you're sitting in. (http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat.aspx#vfs)

It's also a bit more comfortable than your average SPL ground when indudging in the half time pies. (http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3240/2931915009_c4228bff0e_b.jpg)

brian6-2
04-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Good tool if you know what block you're sitting in. (http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat.aspx#vfs)

It's also a bit more comfortable than your average SPL ground when indudging in the half time pies. (http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3240/2931915009_c4228bff0e_b.jpg)

will we be in 106-101?

Posh Swanny
04-07-2013, 03:08 PM
will we be in 106-101?

More recently it's been a portion of 116 round to 122 (ish). I think Ghana were the only team to have as many tickets as Scotland are getting and they went further round the corner behind the goal to about 112. They also had some of the top tier but I'm not sure where - you can see the segregation barrier in the top right of this pic though, as well as the normal allocation in the bottom tier opposite.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevec77/5574701694/

Edit - I just checked and they had the whole of length of the upper tier on that side of the pitch! That's going to be a crazy atmosphere!

hibeeleicester
07-07-2013, 07:12 PM
If anyone knows pf any spares let me know! Dying to go!

Used to be part of the tartan army!

MSK
07-07-2013, 07:17 PM

Used to be part of the tartan army!What part ?

Billy Whizz
07-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Used to be part of the tartan army!

Got 4 tickets which I'm not using. But a Hibbee is taking them all off my hands

Hibernia Na Eir
07-07-2013, 08:19 PM
this will almost certainly be a game embroiled in violence.

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2013, 08:48 PM
this will almost certainly be a game embroiled in violence.

A sorry state of affairs if it is.

I will be watching it in a pub in Edinburgh (yet to be decided where) with my 19 year old laddie, the England v Scotland rivalry is alive and kicking between us but hopefully he can control himself. :greengrin

I really can't wait for this game, I love England v Scotland games.

hibeeleicester
07-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Got 4 tickets which I'm not using. But a Hibbee is taking them all off my hands

Such a tease! Let me know if anyone pulls out, only needing 1!

:aok:

hibeeleicester
07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
What part ?

Had membership couple of years ago. Decided i couldn't afford it anymore. was never really a part of a branch.

South Edinburgh tartan army for me now! Just need to start getting involved more!

djs69
12-07-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm still looking for 1 ticket. If anyone knows of any for sale please let me know

hibeeleicester
12-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm still looking for 1 ticket. If anyone knows of any for sale please let me know

As am i :agree:

Frazerbob
12-07-2013, 12:48 PM
SFA still selling to SSC members over the phone.

Alex Trager
12-07-2013, 02:52 PM
If there are any spare tickets I'd appreciate a couple. Cheers in advance

Sean1875
12-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Looking for 8 tickets, dont need them all but as many as someone could spare. Long long shot.

Hibs90
22-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion); Steven Hammell (Motherwell); Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Andy Webster (Unattached), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Stoke City), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), George Boyd (Hull City), Liam Bridcutt (Brighton and Hove Albion), Chris Burke (Birmingham City), Scott Brown (Celtic), Craig Conway (Cardiff City), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), James Forrest (Celtic), Gary Mackay-Steven (Dundee United), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Steven Naismith (Everton), Robert Snodgrass (Norwich City)

Forwards: Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic), Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps), Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

Broken Gnome
22-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion); Steven Hammell (Motherwell); Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Andy Webster (Unattached), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Stoke City), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), George Boyd (Hull City), Liam Bridcutt (Brighton and Hove Albion), Chris Burke (Birmingham City), Scott Brown (Celtic), Craig Conway (Cardiff City), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), James Forrest (Celtic), Gary Mackay-Steven (Dundee United), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Steven Naismith (Everton), Robert Snodgrass (Norwich City)

Forwards: Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic), Kenny Miller (Vancouver Whitecaps), Jordan Rhodes (Blackburn Rovers)

That defence makes me cry.

easty
22-07-2013, 10:39 AM
I like that we have a player who has no club team. All the big countries do that.

Good to see that Strachan is doing his part for the mass unemployment in this country.

Sylar
22-07-2013, 10:51 AM
That defence is absolutely shocking.

England will take at least 3 off of them.

hungryhibs
22-07-2013, 11:11 AM
aye and the rest

Teapot
22-07-2013, 11:12 AM

:agree: at least. Sad thing is there isn't many good young centre halves coming through. Other than Hanley I can't think of anyone else?

YehButNoBut
22-07-2013, 11:15 AM

Don't see why, the defence (see Scotland team below against Croatia) did not concede away to Croatia, who are (Croatia ranked 8, England ranked 15) better than England so why could they not do the same against an England team who have not looked that great recently.

Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Martin, Hanley, Whittaker, Maloney,
Morrison, McArthur, Bannan, Snodgrass, Griffiths. Subs: Gilks,
Conway, Naismith, Webster, Rhodes, Mackay-Steven, Hammell, Burke, Armstrong,
Jack, Watt, Marshall.

brian6-2
22-07-2013, 11:18 AM
sure i read the same crap on here before the croatia game. they will take 3 or 4 of us blah blah blah.................

Hibee-Bongo
22-07-2013, 11:23 AM
What does Kenny Miller have to do to get dropped?

'Mon the Hibs
22-07-2013, 11:24 AM
No Jason Holt :confused::wink:

brian6-2
22-07-2013, 11:25 AM

he's been playing regularly and scored a few goals for his club, he's got plenty experience which we will need against england wether its a friendly or not.

steven fletcher is injured so who would you go with.

soproni1
22-07-2013, 11:28 AM
he's been playing regularly and scored a few goals for his club, he's got plenty experience which we will need against england wether its a friendly or not.

steven fletcher is injured so who would you go with.

Anyone except Miller, like passing to a brick wall

hibeeleicester
22-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Still after a ticket if anyone has any going? :agree:

brian6-2
22-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Anyone except Miller, like passing to a brick wall

who though?

18 international goals and bags of experience, granted we havent been our best for the last wee while but after a decent result against a team ranked in the top ten in the world away from home in our last game you would think folk would get behind the national team instead of slating them at every oppertunity. its all getting a wee bit boring to be honest.

Haymaker
22-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Most of my English friends didnt know this game was happening until I told them this weekend.

Greentinted
22-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Seduce the manager's daughter maybe...:dunno:

Gus
22-07-2013, 11:38 AM
This squad is fantastic, really perked up my day.

Is that just the 6 englishmen in the squad aye? :wink: :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
22-07-2013, 11:39 AM
That'll be unattached Andy Webster, who has been training/on trial with Killie and hasn't played a game in this time due to injury :rolleyes:

NOLA
22-07-2013, 11:45 AM
If this is friendly, why is kenny miller picked? We all know what he brings to the table, just shows the lack of talent we have upfront

soproni1
22-07-2013, 02:20 PM
who though?

18 international goals and bags of experience, granted we havent been our best for the last wee while but after a decent result against a team ranked in the top ten in the world away from home in our last game you would think folk would get behind the national team instead of slating them at every oppertunity. its all getting a wee bit boring to be honest.

Not slating the team - i am fairly optimistic about the current squad, and was before the result in Croatia. We have just never had any form of success with Miller as our main striker. Had his moments, goals at Hampden against Italy, Ukraine and Germany spring to mind and no doubting he works hard and has experience but that only gets you so far. Not enough football to go with his enthusiasm for me, I can see why people (the last few Scotland managers) value him but i'd rather we moved on from a guy who wasn't all that good at his peak. Our 3 best results in his era (2 wins against France and 1 against Croatia) have been without him.

If you want names take your pick from:

Fletcher (when fit)
Rhodes
Griffiths
Russell
McCormack (probably the anti Kenny Miller, lazy as but a brilliant footballer)
Naismith

These would all be ahead of Miller for me.

brian6-2
22-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Not slating the team - i am fairly optimistic about the current squad, and was before the result in Croatia. We have just never had any form of success with Miller as our main striker. Had his moments, goals at Hampden against Italy, Ukraine and Germany spring to mind and no doubting he works hard and has experience but that only gets you so far. Not enough football to go with his enthusiasm for me, I can see why people (the last few Scotland managers) value him but i'd rather we moved on from a guy who wasn't all that good at his peak. Our 3 best results in his era (2 wins against France and 1 against Croatia) have been without him.

If you want names take your pick from:

Fletcher (when fit)
Rhodes
Griffiths
Russell
McCormack (probably the anti Kenny Miller, lazy as but a brilliant footballer)
Naismith

These would all be ahead of Miller for me.

fletcher is injured, rhodes, griffiths and naismith are all in the squad.

russell is decent i'll give you that. mckormack didnt really feature towards the end of the season.

miller is experienced, thats why he's there, not to mention he has been scoring goals and playing regularly for a team in a league thats of a much higher standard than our spl.

Hibercelona
22-07-2013, 02:25 PM
3-0 to England.

4-0 to the Scottish casuals. :cb

Alex Trager
22-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Also after a ticket

soproni1
22-07-2013, 02:56 PM
fletcher is injured, rhodes, griffiths and naismith are all in the squad.

russell is decent i'll give you that. mckormack didnt really feature towards the end of the season.

miller is experienced, thats why he's there, not to mention he has been scoring goals and playing regularly for a team in a league thats of a much higher standard than our spl.

He is obviously experienced, but he is also past his best, and his best wasn't good enough to help us qualify. So why should he be in the squad when we have established there are 3 guys there (and Shaun Maloney) ahead of him to play. Strachan could be giving Russell or Watt or another young guy a chance.

As for the MLS being better than the SPL i haven't seen any evidence to back that up - some old guys have went there for the lifestyle and some cash but the average standard of player cannot be of that much difference. Not that I am an avid watcher mind you

Spike Mandela
22-07-2013, 03:00 PM
No Jason Holt :confused::wink:
:aok::greengrin

Gus
22-07-2013, 03:40 PM
3-0 to England.

4-0 to the Scottish casuals. :cb

Is this because there will be 4 scottish Casual & 0 English?

Kato
22-07-2013, 03:47 PM

Sign for Hibs.

silverhibee
22-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Sign for Hibs.

:tee hee:

Part/Time Supporter
22-07-2013, 05:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0be7Exgr7cY

ancient hibee
22-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Miller was ideal when we wanted a player who would spend 90 mnutes chasing clearances.I'd like to think we might have a better game plan now which requires more skill upfront.

McLeod1875
22-07-2013, 05:23 PM

Superb!

DH1875
22-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Most of my English friends didnt know this game was happening until I told them this weekend.

You have friends :shocked::shocked::shocked:.

:na na:.

Apparently there's plenty off tickets available for their end :agree:.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2013, 10:31 PM

Anyone know why Willie Waddell ***** himself?

Haymaker
22-07-2013, 11:22 PM
You have friends :shocked::shocked::shocked:.

:na na:.

Apparently there's plenty off tickets available for their end :agree:.

Cheeky Bassa!

Leishy1995
03-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Might be a long shot but anyone got a spare ticket? I have one it's my mate who we got one from for another mate has been called for a spot check so is ******

joe breezy
05-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Just looking into tickets now, looks like i'll need to go in the England end as I did in 1988...

Going to have to buy from an unofficial site though as FA wouldn't let me buy for England end as I haven't bought England tickets before

It's a diabolical liberty

brog
06-08-2013, 11:46 AM
6 Yams in it & no Forster, Handling, Caldwell or Harris. Our players have comparable experience to most of the Yams. Looks like Billy Stark's been taken in by the propaganda emanating from PBS!!

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 11:48 AM
6 Yams in it & no Forster, Handling, Caldwell or Harris. Our players have comparable experience to most of the Yams. Looks like Billy Stark's been taken in by the propaganda emanating from PBS!!

Good. Their threadbare squad won't be able to cope with injuries, and this increases their risk.

JIm
06-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Most of the lads mentioned are involved at either U19s or U20s just now. I wouldn't be too concerned. Theres plenty time for them to play 21s.

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 12:08 PM

It's always been the same. Even when we done the double a few years back our boys were overlooked.

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Good to see their £10m man got a call up. Must have been an impressive performance on the bench at the weekend that swung it.

Golden Bear
06-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Good to see their £10m man got a call up. Must have been an impressive performance on the bench at the weekend that swung it.

:agree:

Inclusion in the squad will no doubt double his transfer value to at least £20 million and there will be a string of top European Clubs queuing up for his signature.

You first heard it here.

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 12:25 PM

Inclusion in the squad will no doubt double his transfer value to at least £20 million and there will be a string of top European Clubs queuing up for his signature.

You first heard it here.

It's not too late for Real to pull out of their Gareth Bale chase and go for some real quality :thumbsup:

brog
06-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Good. Their threadbare squad won't be able to cope with injuries, and this increases their risk.

i had that thought as well but it's still a ridiculous situation.

steakbake
06-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Get them capped, up the value and helps out HoMFC

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 01:04 PM
i had that thought as well but it's still a ridiculous situation.

Works the other way too, in that it exposes our youngsters to less games and less risk.

PISTOL1875
06-08-2013, 04:58 PM

Instead of blowing a gasket , stop for a second and remember that Harris is injured and not even the club know how bad the injury is. Apart from Handling's cameo on Sunday , The other 3 haven't featured at all this season have they ??

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Instead of blowing a gasket , stop for a second and remember that Harris is injured and not even the club know how bad the injury is. Apart from Handling's cameo on Sunday , The other 3 haven't featured at all this season have they ??

Aye fair enough but...David Smith (striker)...5 appearances for the Yams...a loan spell at Raith that saw him score 2 goals in 29 appearances? Brad McKay (defender)...3 appearances for Hearts...4 for Stenhousemuir. Jack Hamilton (goalkeeper)...zero appearances for anyone.

PISTOL1875
06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Aye fair enough but...David Smith (striker)...5 appearances for the Yams...a loan spell at Raith that saw him score 2 goals in 29 appearances? Brad McKay (defender)...3 appearances for Hearts...4 for Stenhousemuir. Jack Hamilton (goalkeeper)...zero appearances for anyone.

You can chuck all the stats you want at me , the simple facts are the Hibs players mentioned haven't been playing and Harris is injured..

pacorosssco
06-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Billy Stark is an ejit. Its having him as coach at a crucial level that holds us back.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Billy Stark is an ejit. Its having him as coach at a crucial level that holds us back.

Someone I've just spoken too has put money on him to be the next Hibs Manager. Haven't heard his name mentioned

pacorosssco
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Someone I've just spoken too has put money on him to be the next Hibs Manager. Haven't heard his name mentioned

Fenlon must STAY

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 05:44 PM
You can chuck all the stats you want at me , the simple facts are the Hibs players mentioned haven't been playing and Harris is injured..

I think the original post was not so much why no Hibs players, more why so many Yams? In which case he has a point. And if we're talking about recent game time, Holt and Smith were subs at the weekend, just like Handling. And all our guys played in Europe.

brog
06-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Well it's a bit of a strange statement to make, after 1 league game that the Hibs players haven't been playing but the simple fact is Forster, Handling & Harris have made more competitive appearances this season than any of the Yam players & Caldwell has made 1, ie equal to the highest Yam. Mullen & Stanton have also made up to 2 appearances & no doubt Mullen would be in squad if still at PBS.
PS, Stark could not have been aware of Harris' injury when picking the squad.

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 06:39 PM
They don't have a £10m man.

You try telling Callum Patterson :wink:

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 06:48 PM
CP never said Holt was worth £10m

A player's only worth what someone's prepared to pay for them of course. Ok, he said he could be worth that in a few years time. Is that better?

Potty78
07-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Anyone going to sports bar then the train from Waverley st midnight tues? Looking forward to it!

tartanhibee
07-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Anyone going to sports bar then the train from Waverley st midnight tues? Looking forward to it!

Yeah I'm going down on this train going to head along to sporters around 5. Don't know what time Ted Christopher but will hopfully catch his set.

Frazerbob
07-08-2013, 08:26 AM
Yeah I'm going down on this train going to head along to sporters around 5. Don't know what time Ted Christopher but will hopfully catch his set.

Crowd of us going to Ted's shindig in London pre and post match in London. Cannie wait!

Potty78
07-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Group of us leaving peebles at four. Five ish for us too. Should be a good laugh and atmosphere!

Hermit Crab
07-08-2013, 08:30 AM

If you're getting the caley sleeper be careful. New laws came in last year. You now can't be drunk/under the influence of alcohol and travel on Scotrail trains after 9pm at night. If any of your group turn up bloootered then they may be refused travel.

tartanhibee
07-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Crowd of us going to Ted's shindig in London pre and post match in London. Cannie wait!

Got tickets for the tartan specials gig at the garage, will be my first time a wembley so looking forward to it.

tartanhibee
07-08-2013, 08:34 AM
If you're getting the caley sleeper be careful. New laws came in last year. You now can't be drunk/under the influence of alcohol and travel on Scotrail trains after 9pm at night. If any of your group turn up bloootered then they may be refused travel.

Its a special organised by the tartan army magazine and is strictly no alcohol on the train.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Its a special organised by the tartan army magazine and is strictly no alcohol on the train.

That's good. Must have cost them a fortune to hire the engines, coaches and train crew. Glad I'm not the guard on that one. :)

tartanhibee
07-08-2013, 08:41 AM
That's good. Must have cost them a fortune to hire the engines, coaches and train crew. Glad I'm not the guard on that one. :)

Not bad deal it was £85 each return so don't know how many carriages they have, but your right wouldn't want want to be working it.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Not bad deal it was £85 each return so don't know how many carriages they have, but your right wouldn't want want to be working it.

Probably have around 8 or 9 coaches it will be old slam door stock though, might even have a buffet car. £85 is a good price considering an return to London is £126.70 and that's a super off peak. Yes I feel the guard may have his work cut out. It's bad enough working specials for concerts etc. :)

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-08-2013, 11:07 AM

Frazer,

myself and Stevie are heading down next week, where is the post match event and what time is open until?

Hibs07p
07-08-2013, 05:10 PM
....on Tuesday next week. Anyone think half of hearts first team squad will have one eye on getting the opportunity to perform on the international stage, to get a move elsewhere, or trying 100% in this weeks last ever derby and risk injury?

GGTTH

Edit: Should be England V Scotland U 21 at Brammal Lane.

Time For Heroes
07-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Looking on sickback earlier, whole thread dedicated to whether or not they should let the players go or use it as a GIRFUY to the SFA. Weird.
Also question whether if one of these players get injured on international duty they will be compensated e.g Enckleman.
How would that work then, is the rule just for goalies or outfield player too?

Hibs07p
07-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Looking on sickback earlier, whole thread dedicated to whether or not they should let the players go or use it as a GIRFUY to the SFA. Weird.
Also question whether if one of these players get injured on international duty they will be compensated e.g Enckleman.
How would that work then, is the rule just for goalies or outfield player too?

If that was the case, all their players would come back injured, then hearts would claim compo, upto £10M per player, and ask for dispensation to sign new players, etc etc... :greengrin

Time For Heroes
07-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Your laughing but they ****in try it if it happens haha

Frazerbob
07-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Frazer,

myself and Stevie are heading down next week, where is the post match event and what time is open until?

It's in some Indian bar/club thing about 10 minutes from the ground but I think it's sold out. We have to travel by specially commissioned coach to and from the game. It was a condition of the police allowing it to go ahead that there was direct coach travel laid on as they didn't want Scotland fans wandering around the area. It's only on until midnight. We're just going to let the crowds away as we recon we'll toil to get a bevvy in Covent Garden, where we're staying.

Sean1875
07-08-2013, 09:50 PM

You have a PM :aok:

Kaff
07-08-2013, 09:59 PM

New job as a ticket tout? Tell him to sell them at face value if that's a true story, he'll thank himself in the end rather than trying to skim a few quid off a fellow fan

joe breezy
07-08-2013, 10:06 PM
New job as a ticket tout? Tell him to sell them at face value if that's a true story, he'll thank himself in the end rather than trying to skim a few quid off a fellow fan

£35 for the England end...

That's where I'll probably end up I think

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-08-2013, 09:49 AM
It's in some Indian bar/club thing about 10 minutes from the ground but I think it's sold out. We have to travel by specially commissioned coach to and from the game. It was a condition of the police allowing it to go ahead that there was direct coach travel laid on as they didn't want Scotland fans wandering around the area. It's only on until midnight. We're just going to let the crowds away as we recon we'll toil to get a bevvy in Covent Garden, where we're staying.

We're staying near London Bridge Station, there's a Belushi's round the corner open until 0200, we'll be heading there.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Unbelievable bias by Sky Sports News! the interview with Woy doesn't even mention the fact that they are playing Scotland! If it's not this then it's them constantly banging on about them and the booooooring Ashes!

:confused:

:fuming:

:bsod:

Haymaker
10-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Still not heard much build up to this. It is like they dont care.

Gus
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM

we dont :-)

green.and.white
10-08-2013, 03:34 PM

I'm finding it hard to care myself to be honest

Haymaker
10-08-2013, 03:37 PM
we dont :-)

You dont care that England are playing?

Gus
10-08-2013, 04:12 PM
You dont care that England are playing?

Not really

VivaHiberña
11-08-2013, 06:57 AM
I'm finding it hard to care myself to be honest

That's a real shame. If Hibs cup final = 100% excitement, I'm somewhere about 80%; not losing sleep but buzzing. And I'm not even going!
No expectation, just a chance to get it right up them with a wee bit of hope following Croatia.

Maybe it's because I'm too young to remember the last Scotland-England game, it's a bit different.

My one fear is that the players treat it like a friendly. Obviously there are some that won't, but there are the ones of questionable Scottishness who make you worry... :pray:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2013, 07:32 AM
First Class ticket to KX @ 1400 on Tuesday and back on Friday (via Birmingham & Manchester) cannae wait. A bit wary of a thrashing on the pitch, but, bring it on!

70hibby
11-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Can I assume Scotland have sold out as I can't find anything on their website to get tickets ..... I find myself in London with a colleague next week and could go....but don't fancy sitting in the England end.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Can I assume Scotland have sold out as I can't find anything on their website to get tickets ..... I find myself in London with a colleague next week and could go....but don't fancy sitting in the England end.

Aye, 20K allocation sold, they were only available to Travel Club members, I think you'll get Scotland end tickets in boozers down there, maybe not two together though.

70hibby
11-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Aye, 20K allocation sold, they were only available to Travel Club members, I think you'll get Scotland end tickets in boozers down there, maybe not two together though.

I'm staying not too far away so ill head to the boozers and see if I can pick one up...ta !

Sylar
11-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't fancy travelling into England without any guarantees of a ticket so I'll settle for watching it on TV.

Have a meeting in Reading on Wednesday anyway and not sure when I'll finish so probably safer.

Presumably it'll be on Sky?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Its on council telly AFAIK.

Scouse Hibee
11-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Really looking forward to this game, mentioned it in the boozer in Liverpool last night and was surprised that so few folk were up for it!

john18722
12-08-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm off to Spain on Wednesday morning to escape Edinburgh after the Derby. Can anyone recommend a good Scottish pub to watch the game in? I don't mind a bit of banter with some English guys but would prefer a Scottish bar of there is one. I've heard Bonanza Square might be worth a look?

garlic
12-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Just up from Bonanza Square is The Lounge. Great big sports bar and outside tvs and a few hibs supporters in there. Drink cheap.Just ask anyone for directions as its tucked into a corner and not easily seen.

john18722
12-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Sounds like a good shout. I take it bonanza square is the best place to go for a day time pint?

Pedantic_Hibee
12-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Johnnies Bar always stood me in good stead.

Dinnae get a vodka in Pipers though. My old man is still cleaning his farter with baby wipes and our holiday finished on 17th June.

lucky
12-08-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm down in Camden, its £4.20 a pint. This place is as dear as Malmo. Bulging sporans required down here.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2013, 07:07 PM
You should nip round to Quinns they've got a wide range of bottled Belgian/German beers.

bigwheel
12-08-2013, 07:10 PM
anyone else going to Club Wembley area at the match ??...we got tickets direct ..in the section above the Away end ..

essexhibee
12-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Anyone know where the best place to head pre game will be for a pint and a singsong? Was intending to go down to Trafalgur as has to be done but would like to let the lungs go with a bevy in hand. In Brussels the Irish bar cannae remember the name where ted Christopher played was buzzing was hoping something akin to that?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2013, 09:12 PM
The Scotland fans have been given the bars around Wembley Park Tube Station, I would imagine they'll be bouncing.

Theres a thread on the TAMB in the england v scotland section that lists the pubs allocated to scotland fans.

essexhibee
12-08-2013, 09:24 PM
The Scotland fans have been given the bars around Wembley Park Tube Station, I would imagine they'll be bouncing.

Theres a thread on the TAMB in the england v scotland section that lists the pubs allocated to scotland fans.

Cheers. You heading down? What pub you thinking of heading to.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Going to Millers and Simmons @ KX before the game, doubt we'll bother drinking near the ground.

Posh Swanny
13-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Don't take the lack of English enthusiasm personally - we might still get 80,000+ attendances most of the time but friendlies at Wembley have been dull as dish water for about 20 years and it has taken its toll on the hardcore fans who tend to stick to away games these days. Even matches against Brazil and Spain have struggled to get the juices flowing before (or even during) the match. I think the only really good recent one was against Ghana and that was because they had 20,000 fans in the stadium, which generated a party atmosphere - hopefully that bodes well for tomorrow night. That said, you still won't have to try very hard to outsing the day-trippers backed by the god-awful band.

Hope you guys have a great time - even if the game is pish, it really is a flippin' awesome stadium. If you're sat/stood by an entrance you may get bored by the time the 100th person comes in for the first time and says "**** me it's big!". I did, even though I said it too.

Oh, and if you could just ignore any hooligan mentals down there like you normally do (or at least deal with them quietly) we might get to have a return up at Hampden in the near future! Now THAT would be a spicy affair with a few thousand "proper" England fans in attendance!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-08-2013, 09:26 AM
The 0-2 Scholes game @ Hampden was certainly a "spicy affair".

SteveHFC
13-08-2013, 09:27 AM
The 0-2 Scholes game @ Hampden was certainly a "spicy affair".

There's a clip on YouTube of the goals from that game :-(

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Cheers. You heading down? What pub you thinking of heading to.

Its just been posted on TAMB

Free Party
Crystals Club
1 South Way
Wembley

Doors open @ 10am, theres going to be some messy states at this game!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-08-2013, 09:36 AM
There's a clip on YouTube of the goals from that game :-(

Used to make a good few quid backing Scholes first scorer. I remember standing in the bookies outside Gla Central, but, couldnae quite force myself to back him in that game!

Potty78
13-08-2013, 11:17 AM
I have one spare ticket folks. 45 pound. Take forty. Am on train from Waverley late tonight. Let me know if interested!

bigstu
13-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Heading down on the train tonight. What is everyone's plans for during the day tomorrow (pre pre match)? i see the paper saying there is a booze ban in Trafalgar Square, is this likely to put everyone off meeting up there?

Potty78
13-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Got one ticket for tomorrow. 40 pound in Scotland end. Am on train from Waverley tonight. Pm if interested!

joe breezy
13-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I'd be up for that...been looking and only England tickets going

joe breezy
13-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Got one ticket for tomorrow. 40 pound in Scotland end. Am on train from Waverley tonight. Pm if interested!

Hi

Just in case you have difficulties opening PMs on your mobile I live in London and am flexible on meeting but I am at work all day.

I work near Oxford circus so pretty central - I could dive out at lunchtime or whatever

Cheers

Bleeds green
13-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Is the u21 game live on any channels?

Haymaker
13-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Is the u21 game live on any channels?

Bt sport I think

joe breezy
13-08-2013, 04:51 PM
If anyone has a spare for Scotland end I'd happily take it off their hands...

Cheers

Scottie
13-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Is there a meeting place for a march en-route to Wembley tomorrow night or is it just meet at the ground ?

Know most going to Trafalgar Square before but working so can't get there in time.

Anybody got any idea ?

Sylar
13-08-2013, 06:41 PM
U21s already a goal down to England inside 2 minutes.

Haymaker
13-08-2013, 06:48 PM
If anyone hears of two tickets I would be interested, living in London at the moment.

Sylar
13-08-2013, 06:50 PM
If anyone hears of two tickets I would be interested, living in London at the moment.

Is the second one for your fellow Patriots' fan just along the road from London? :greengrin

Haymaker
13-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Is the second one for your fellow Patriots' fan just along the road from London? :greengrin
It is for a patriots fan, my brother! :greengrin

SouthamptonHibs
13-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Sterling dives, no pen thankfully

theonlywayisup
13-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Sterling dives, no pen thankfully

Now 2-0.

bandylegs_jLeighton
13-08-2013, 07:47 PM
3-0 now. Scotland have been poor! McHattie and Fraser Fyvie have been particularly keek!

Edit 4-0

Actually make that 5-0!!!

bandylegs_jLeighton
13-08-2013, 07:47 PM
3 goals within minutes

theonlywayisup
13-08-2013, 07:50 PM
3-0 now. Scotland have been poor! McHattie and Fraser Fyvie have been particularly keek!

Edit 4-0

Actually make that 5-0!!!

Wow! Five nil. An embarrasment. No team should be five down after sixty minutes!:rolleyes:

bandylegs_jLeighton
13-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Scotland are definitely going to concede more here

bandylegs_jLeighton
13-08-2013, 07:51 PM
6-0

bandylegs_jLeighton
13-08-2013, 07:52 PM
30 mins still to go

SteveHFC
13-08-2013, 07:53 PM
6-0

:faf: we are a ****ing joke

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Why do we keep giving the frigging ball away? WTF? no subs either from us, incredibly poor stuff, plus listening to Michael Owen is like getting your teeth pulled! S T F Up!

brog
13-08-2013, 07:55 PM
We're 5-0 down with 30 mins still to go. The best young players in Britain must be playing well. Stark out!

GreenCastle
13-08-2013, 07:56 PM
6v0 with 30 mins to go against an English team knocked out at the first attempt of a major tournament recently.

Thought the next generation of players were meant to be decent ? :confused::rolleyes:

brog
13-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Not just saying this because of 6 Yams selected but that is worst squad I've ever seen. Full of Yam, newco & Celtc reserves. Men against boys, ps what channel is it on?

Gus
13-08-2013, 08:03 PM
If carlsberg did tuesday nights :-)

hibs4thecup1988
13-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Not just saying this because of 6 Yams selected but that is worst squad I've ever seen. Full of Yam, newco & Celtc reserves. Men against boys, ps what channel is it on?

bt sports 1

nearly 7

hibbymick
13-08-2013, 08:17 PM
We're garbage but credit to England, everything about them has been excellent.

brog
13-08-2013, 08:18 PM
bt sports 1

nearly 7

Ta, now glad I have Virgin!

Hiber-nation
13-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Stark makes Fenlon look like a tactical genius - a 5 foot 4 player up front on his own with no support.

robinp
13-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Stark makes Fenlon look like a tactical genius - a 5 foot 4 player up front on his own with no support.

Should have played Calum Paterson

hibs4thecup1988
13-08-2013, 08:23 PM

Glad I never went as high as BT Vision until 70th minute :wink::greengrin

Hiber-nation
13-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Should have played Calum Paterson

Wouldn't have been a bad shout (honestly!) but I'd have dropped all the other hearts players from the squad as the amount in there was absolutely ridiculous.

robinp
13-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Wouldn't have been a bad shout (honestly!) but I'd have dropped all the other hearts players from the squad as the amount in there was absolutely ridiculous.

Come on now they are the best youngsters in the UK we have to play them. There was the busby babes, the golden generation and the Hearts lot, the golden shower of shiete.

Hiber-nation
13-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Come on now they are the best youngsters in the UK we have to play them. There was the busby babes, the golden generation and the Hearts lot, the golden shower of shiete.

:greengrin

I'm sure 1 or 2 will go on to do ok when they leave hearts but most of them are just not very good. Obviously they will all move on to better things regardless of their ability :wink:

joe breezy
13-08-2013, 09:34 PM
I now have a ticket - hurrah - hope the older team do better than the young uns and Hibs

Hiber-nation
13-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere on this forum that Stark has the team playing good football on the ground and he should be given the Hibs job.
Now? I'm going to stage a mass protest outside Scotland park.
What do we want? .no really sure. When do we want it? Now!

They passed the ball really well for a spell in the 1st half but never got near to supporting wee Feruz up front.

Speedy
13-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I heard the England team and thought it was very strong. Checked the Scotland team and hadn't heard of half of them. The gulf is huge, in fact their u21 team is probably better than our first team.

stirling_hibee
13-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Alright guys, if anyone has a spare ticket for the Scotland end tomorrow please let me know, work in central London so can pick up easy enough, hoping for a better result than tonight!

johnrebus
13-08-2013, 11:00 PM

Yeah.

That'll be the Golden Shower that took care of the mighty Hibernian with relative ease?

joe breezy
14-08-2013, 10:18 AM
With Strachan at the helm I'm expecting a comfortable win for Scotland

Billychaotic182
14-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm buzzing for this. I was like 11 last time we played

MADE IN LEITH
14-08-2013, 10:26 AM

Me too :greengrin

Brightside
14-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Alright guys, if anyone has a spare ticket for the Scotland end tomorrow please let me know, work in central London so can pick up easy enough, hoping for a better result than tonight!

Leigh G has half a dozen going. Contact him via twitter.

Craig_in_Prague
14-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Kenny Miller leading the line.... jeezus,
was going to say I'll just watch Corrie instead.. but the games on ITV right?
so no corrie tonight? is it moved, on earlier, later? ......stress......

Posh Swanny
14-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I heard the England team and thought it was very strong. Checked the Scotland team and hadn't heard of half of them. The gulf is huge, in fact their u21 team is probably better than our first team.

England's U21 team is probably better than England's 1st team. Especially if Wilshere and Oxlade play for the 21s!

MADE IN LEITH
14-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Kenny Miller leading the line.... jeezus,
was going to say I'll just watch Corrie instead.. but the games on ITV right?
so no corrie tonight? is it moved, on earlier, later? ......stress......

:top marks

hfc rd
14-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Really looking forward to this one, which is pretty strange as I hate international friendlies.

green.and.white
14-08-2013, 12:03 PM
That's a real shame. If Hibs cup final = 100% excitement, I'm somewhere about 80%; not losing sleep but buzzing. And I'm not even going!
No expectation, just a chance to get it right up them with a wee bit of hope following Croatia.

Maybe it's because I'm too young to remember the last Scotland-England game, it's a bit different.

My one fear is that the players treat it like a friendly. Obviously there are some that won't, but there are the ones of questionable Scottishness who make you worry... :pray:

It is, I used to be in the tartan army, but over the past 5 or so years, the national team has become so boring to watch, trying to get as many English folk who have Scottish grannies, I'm not for that at all. And don't even get me started on Leveins tenure, that's what really drove me away fr caring about Scotland games. The price of Scotland games is a joke as well it's a rip off. Would rather spend my money on hibs away games.

I have increasingly become more excited about tonight's game, but at the end of the night, win or lose, it won't come anywhere near to how a Hibs result affects me.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Is the game on the telly

Sylar
14-08-2013, 12:11 PM
If we go 1 up front with Kenny Miller, that seals my decision to go to the cinema.

Hibs90
14-08-2013, 12:14 PM
http://www.partyoncam.com/webcam/london-trafalgar-square-tartan-army-party-cam-england-v-scotland-football-webcam-london-england/10220.html

Looks mental.

green.and.white
14-08-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.partyoncam.com/webcam/london-trafalgar-square-tartan-army-party-cam-england-v-scotland-football-webcam-london-england/10220.html

Looks mental.

You can see the fountains filled with fairy liquid there :thumbsup:

Zazu62
14-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Kenny miller? Why?

GreenCastle
14-08-2013, 12:52 PM
This game doesn't mean much to England - Scotland are treating this like the World Cup Final :rolleyes:

Some of the fans they interview from the Tartan Army on Sky Sports News really make me cringe...

SteveHFC
14-08-2013, 01:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo1mvE-ou7g

SteveHFC
14-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Hello, Carol ‏@jon8oy86 (https://twitter.com/jon8oy86) 48m (https://twitter.com/jon8oy86/status/367625629530722304)
Just received this image of Trafalgar Square from @king_yulesy (https://twitter.com/king_yulesy) - fairy liquid in the fountains, classic #tartanarmy (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tartanarmy&src=hash)

pic.twitter.com/myFnQ0RWlK (http://t.co/myFnQ0RWlK)

:faf:

Stringer
14-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Kenny Miller must have a compromising picture of Stewart Regan

Spike Mandela
14-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Been watching Sky Sports news with all the fans in Trafalgar square. Is it just because I'm not 10 years old any more that I find the Tartan Army just a wee bit cliched and embarrassing now?

johnrebus
14-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Been watching Sky Sports news with all the fans in Trafalgar square. Is it just because I'm not 10 years old any more that I find the Tartan Army just a wee bit cliched and embarrassing now?

You are not alone.

SlickShoes
14-08-2013, 01:51 PM

I think it's more to do with the team being *****.

When we were OK or at least had a chance of making the big tournaments the partying seemed more justified now it just seems like the football is the side show to the massive piss up the fans are having.

Off the bar
14-08-2013, 01:53 PM

you're not wrong, dancing in the fountains in a kilt is all well and good if you want to get on the news but it's gonna be a disaster for the rest of the day having a heavy cold wet kilt, what a tit, does that make me old and boring too?

Thecat23
14-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I got ripped last time I said the tartan army give me a red face at times. Nothing against them but no wonder other countries take the piss out us. Nation renowned for losing and getting smashed out their head no matter what.

Each to their own though if they are happy then so be it.

frazeHFC
14-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Hello, Carol ‏@jon8oy86 (https://twitter.com/jon8oy86) 48m (https://twitter.com/jon8oy86/status/367625629530722304)
Just received this image of Trafalgar Square from @king_yulesy (https://twitter.com/king_yulesy) - fairy liquid in the fountains, classic #tartanarmy (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23tartanarmy&src=hash)

pic.twitter.com/myFnQ0RWlK (http://t.co/myFnQ0RWlK)

Spike Mandela
14-08-2013, 02:16 PM
you're not wrong, dancing in the fountains in a kilt is all well and good if you want to get on the news but it's gonna be a disaster for the rest of the day having a heavy cold wet kilt, what a tit, does that make me old and boring too?

GreenCastle
14-08-2013, 02:21 PM

:greengrin

No - your probably just not a ned whose been drinking buckfast since 9am :stirrer:

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2013, 02:47 PM
The tartan can party all they like before during and after the game, they have gone to London to have a good time so good on them.

My only wish is that England get it right up Scotland and ****** hammer yer :greengrin

I will be available tomorrow to eat my words if required.:wink:

johnrebus
14-08-2013, 02:54 PM
The tartan can party all they like before during and after the game, they have gone to London to have a good time so good on them.

My only wish is that England get it right up Scotland and ****** hammer yer :greengrin

I will be available tomorrow to eat my words if required.:wink:

You will probably go hungry tomorrow.

My only wish is that England stop at six.

:cb