PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Chris Killen

scoopyboy
26-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Not fair to leave you guys hanging on, I've not been able to get hold of the two people I wanted to get hold of but here goes anyway.

Two people have told me Chris Killen, one saying we are in talks and the other saying he's signed.

Years ago (and somebody that's good with past searches will be able to confirm) when Killen left us people were posting he was going to sign for Cardiff but I came on and posted he was going to Celtic. I even said that his excuse to Cardiff would be that his pregnant girlfriend had turned ill and he had to turn back, I got pelters IIRC. That evening it was reported he had signed for Celtic and the next day the Cardiff chairman explained the girlfriend story to the press.

One of my better "Scoopyboy understands" and maybe made up for some of my poorer efforts.

However back on track, my source got the story from the pregnant girlfriend who is now his wife. The story I got was she was wanting back to Edinburgh and Killen is happy for this to happen. Unfortunately I haven't managed to contact the young lady who gave me the scoop which is a pity because she will either know or would be able to find out as she is still friends with Mrs. Killen.

Chris's mother also used to post on here IIRC.

I'm not 100% on this but if I get more I will post.

BTW he has had a good scoring record in China.

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Hope it is someone with a bit of experience, my choice would maybe be higdon. Think a few of the other names like Miller would do a good job on the park but could be even more valuable of it to the like of Caldwell and handling

Said it was an EX HIBS striker mate.

conway1875
26-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Supposed to ex Hibs mate!

Yeah my 1st choice overall would be Higdon, think we need two strikers in

Hermit Crab
26-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Said it was an EX HIBS striker mate.

No need to should. ;)

.Sean.
26-06-2013, 07:59 PM
An ageing Killen. MEH

Purple & Green
I've been told Killen is talking to Hibs too. If he's fit then 4-5-1 just got a lot more interesting.

LancsHibs
Not fair to leave you guys hanging on, I've not been able to get hold of the two people I wanted to get hold of but here goes anyway.

Two people have told me Chris Killen, one saying we are in talks and the other saying he's signed.

Years ago (and somebody that's good with past searches will be able to confirm) when Killen left us people were posting he was going to sign for Cardiff but I came on and posted he was going to Celtic. I even said that his excuse to Cardiff would be that his pregnant girlfriend had turned ill and he had to turn back, I got pelters IIRC. That evening it was reported he had signed for Celtic and the next day the Cardiff chairman explained the girlfriend story to the press.

One of my better "Scoopyboy understands" and maybe made up for some of my poorer efforts.

However back on track, my source got the story from the pregnant girlfriend who is now his wife. The story I got was she was wanting back to Edinburgh and Killen is happy for this to happen. Unfortunately I haven't managed to contact the young lady who gave me the scoop which is a pity because she will either know or would be able to find out as she is still friends with Mrs. Killen.

Cheers for that Scoops, didn't even know Killen was still playing not sure how to receive this rumour to be honest!

Benny Brazil

I'd be happy with that - IF - he is still in good shape

sleeping giant
An ageing Killen. MEH

My thoughts too :-(

bingo70
26-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Chris Killen was an excellent striker and he never had any pace to lose so I'd guess he still would be an excellent striker.

Spike Mandela

One for the Kuqi role then......:rolleyes:

Heisenberg
He had a terrible injury record did he not? Certainly scored a few goals for us though. Could possibly do a job but depends on his fitness, which I'd imagine, won't be at its peak.

sleeping giant
No need to should. ;)

Would it be better if he shouldn't ?

California-Hibs

Killen would be an interesting one. Was hoping for one of our pacey/exciting Ex strikers, Miller, Dobbie etc, but it has to be said that Killen has a good overall goal scoring record, and especially as you said recently in China. Hopefully injuries are past him and he spends more time on the pitch than the treatment table?

leither17
26-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Chris killen

Pure guess too

Andy74
26-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Chris Killen was an excellent striker and he never had any pace to lose so I'd guess he still would be an excellent striker.

Would love Chris Killen back. Is he more injury free these days though?

frazeHFC
26-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Not gonna get overly excited but 19 in 30 games for his latest club isn't too shabby, although their level could be awful I have no idea.

Westie1875
How old is Killen now?

Northernhibee
He's 31 and scored 19 in 30 games for his last club.

Would be worth a two year deal IMO, an interesting signing.

blackpoolhibs
I was very disappointed when Killen left, and have no idea what age or even how he's played these last few years?

If he does sign its a case of wait and see i suppose?

Scònaldò
Interesting.

@Agent_868: Sources claim Jackie McNamara was spotted having lunch with free agent Danny Wilson, in St. Andrews today #DUFC

He's a friend of a friend and I'm told that Dundee united and Fortuna Dusseldorf have shown interest.

bingo70
26-06-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't think we've had a goalscoring midfielder since Killen left and that's no coincidence imo.

We need a big strong striker that can hold the ball up and that kind of striker is rarely exciting but he'd score goals, bring others into the game, cause defences problems and get on the end of crosses. Would be a very good signing imo

Andy74
Not gonna get overly excited but 19 in 30 games for his latest club isn't too shabby, although their level could be awful I have no idea.

It's more than goals with Killen too. Strong lad who fights and holds it up. Brings others in the game. Interesting one if true.

scoopyboy
Cheers for that Scoops, didn't even know Killen was still playing not sure how to receive this rumour to be honest!

I don't know how I feel about it either.

He has played a fair amount of games in the last couple of years and scored goals but that's no guarantee he would do the same for us.

What I do know is that we can't go into the season with only Handling and Caldwell.

JustSimplyHibs
How old is Killen now?

Must be about 30-31

Hibstrooper
26-06-2013, 08:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Killen

36 goals in 65 games in China, not too shabby

Hermit Crab
26-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Would it be better if he shouldn't ?

Ha. Dam iPhone autocorrect

California-Hibs

The team is 8th in the China League One, notice the team has a cracking 59,000 stadium but not sure how many they average/what the standards like in Chinese football etc. Deek would be able to tell us...or maybe not :greengrin

rcarter1
I'd be happy with that - IF - he is still in good shape

Exactamundo. Quite liking this, but the Kuqi situation as left me twitchy :worried:. So are we now 'bigga n betta things?'

YehButNoBut
26-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Killen is only 31

Recent record is in China, scored 17 from 35 games for Shenzhen & 19 from 30 games for Chongging, anyone know how high a standard that is??

2010–2011
Shenzhen Ruby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenzhen_Ruby_F.C.)
(17)

2012–
Chongqing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongqing_F.C.)
(19)

Andy74
26-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Exactamundo. Quite liking this, but the Kuqi situation as left me twitchy :worried:. So are we now 'bigga n betta things?'

He's nowhere near Kuqi's age and is a very fit guy. Well, apart from being injury prone!

Andy74
26-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Killen is only 31

Recent record is in China, scored 17 from 35 games for Shenzhen & 19 from 30 games for Chongging, anyone know how high a standard that is??

2010–2011
(17)

2012–
(19)

Well natural goal scorer Riordan didn't get many, if any in China.

bingo70
He's nowhere near Kuqi's age and is a very fit guy. Well, apart from being injury prone!

Think a better comparison would be with Brewster.

AlbertK86
Killen was a good finisher but I always had him down as a bit of a lazy barsteward when he was here before.

That said we need somebody of his size the way Pat plays so if he signs he gets my full backing

hibs0666
26-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Loved Killen and would take him back like a shot.

16 goals in 25 games for us was some going.

Andy74
26-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Loved Killen and would take him back like a shot.

16 goals in 25 games for us was some going.

Only a couple of games from Trakys where we've had a centre forward who could play that role in recent years.

hibs0666
26-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Only a couple of games from Trakys where we've had a centre forward who could play that role in recent years.

Exactly - Killen was magic with his back to goal and also could finish with his head and both pegs. What's not to like? :wink:

3pm
26-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Fitness is the only issue. If fit and has the right attitude, he'll score goals.

Bob Box Fish
26-06-2013, 08:20 PM
He was good first time around, if fit maybe worth a punt on a six month deal with a view to an extension if he can establish himself again.

JustSimplyHibs
Killen is only 31

2010–2011
(17)

2012–
(19)

The national team in the last 15 years has qualified for more World Cups than Scotland, their top league has millions of football fans turning upto games throughout their season. In a 16 team league the average attendance is over 18000 (last season). World Cup winning manager Marcelo Lippi is on a reported ten million Euro salary. Their game is seemingly blighted with corruption - Chris Killen will feel at home in Scotland!

IMO at this moment in time, the standard is probably better than Scotland's :wink:

hibs0666
Chris Killen 40 yard screamer from China...

What a goal! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATXkmoAwKhM)

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Fitness is the only issue. If fit and has the right attitude, he'll score goals.

This is my thoughts too having time to reflect on the news. I actually hope it comes to pass now!! :thumbsup:

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Scoops will you be giving us an update tomorrow/whenever you manage to verify the info with his ladies friend? :aok:

Andy74
26-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Google brought up an interview from March. Season only started then and had a year left on contract. Said he fancied another couple of years there. Didn't rule out going back to NZ to play eventually but English wife wanted to settle back in UK. Has a home in Manchester.

Saorsa
26-06-2013, 08:30 PM
liked his celebrations :greengrin

http://i43.tinypic.com/907jw7.jpg

scoopyboy
26-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Scoops will you be giving us an update tomorrow/whenever you manage to verify the info with his ladies friend? :aok:

Yes, I will give an update, even if it's to say I know no more than I do now.:greengrin

rcarter1
26-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Chris Killen 40 yard screamer from China...

What a goal! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATXkmoAwKhM)

Had me watching the wrong part of the pitch! :rolleyes:

Has got the slight nasty side that Hibs need at times, would love to see him giving the young jambos a run around..

Vault Boy
26-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Would be happy with Killen, a better option that Sutton in my opinion. Could really help the young lads too.

Dunderhall
26-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Was also sorry to see Killen go, thought he did a good job for us.
Not the most exciting signing, will wait and see how he gets on if it's true.
hopefully will work out for us.

Where are they in the season he's now playing, is he coming match fit?

Jonnyboy
26-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Killen? Aye ok but only if he keeps his bloody shirt on after he's scored :greengrin

Saorsa
26-06-2013, 08:48 PM
liked his celebrations :greengrin

http://i43.tinypic.com/907jw7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBwGZEHvmK4

Holmesdale Hibs
26-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Thought he was bery good when he played for us but haven't seen or heard of him for ages. As others have mentioned, I remember him being a bit injury prone although his scoring stats for the last year suggest maybe he's recovered. Worth a trial, difficult to say more than that.

jeffers
26-06-2013, 08:52 PM
If he's close to the player who left us delighted with this. Great target man and a finisher.

Bishop Hibee
26-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Great forward who would have played at a much higher level if it wasn't for injuries. Would be happy if he returned and could stay injury free.

Andy74
26-06-2013, 09:00 PM
We are all going to be disappointed here aren't we?

lucky
26-06-2013, 09:00 PM
His goal scoring record is excellent. Would much rather have him than Sutton but obvious concerns over his fitness.

Hibercelona
26-06-2013, 09:03 PM
We are all going to be disappointed here aren't we?

Probably...

DaveF
26-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I liked Killen and would be happy to have him back. Big, Strong, a goal threat and excellent at bringing others into the game.

Hope it happens.

PISTOL1875
26-06-2013, 09:06 PM

YOu are 100% spot on there mate.. my friend who is a current SPL player was at Celtic at the same time as Killen and he told me this as well.. He was in the hotel room in Cardiff and all he had to do was sign the contract the following day when he got the call from his agent saying that Celtic were interested.. He made up the story about his gf not being well and headed back up the road..

Kato
26-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Would love to see him alongside Caldwell. In the very few games we had both Killen and O'Connor up front we looked unstoppable, the cup tie versus R(ip)angers and the 7-0 against Livi in particular.

Saorsa
26-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Would love to see him alongside Caldwell. In the very few games we had both Killen and O'Connor up front we looked unstoppable, the cup tie versus R(ip)angers and the 7-0 against Livi in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpkEPy9rbco

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Explains the additions in the physio dept ;)

eastterrace
26-06-2013, 09:17 PM
liked killen but he couldnae wait to get away from us jump ship to these soapdodgers sat on the bench for them as well, but suppose we cant be to fussy

Heisenberg
26-06-2013, 09:21 PM
liked killen but he couldnae wait to get away from us jump ship to these soapdodgers sat on the bench for them as well, but suppose we cant be to fussy

Like many others before him too. Ill certainly not hold it against him should he sign.

Northernhibee
26-06-2013, 09:22 PM
The more I think about this the more sense it makes; Killen will be able to contribute a few goals and also bring Robertson, Harris and Craig into the mix more often.

Sign him up :thumbsup:

steakbake
26-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I'd take him back. Better get the treatment table dusted down though. He's got legs of glass.

Leighonel
26-06-2013, 09:25 PM

What a strikeforce in that team.

Fletcher, O'Connor, Riordan, Killen and to top it all off konte

NYHibby
26-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Killen is only 31

2010–2011
(17)

2012–
(19)

Chongging is not in the top tier of Chinese football. They are rather poor and have only won one game this year despite having played almost 50% of the season. That said, Killen has scored like 50% of their goals this season (3 of 6 I believe)

It is my understanding that there is a big drop between the super league and league 1.

rcarter1
26-06-2013, 09:29 PM

Some of his comments on leaving us were a wee bit nippy. Having said that hes coming back at an age where hes seen it, done it, and realised hes not on his way to Barcelona. If he still has got the talent he had with us, then this would be a massive thumbs up for me.:thumbsup: Very interesting to see how he could develop Caldwell, as I always thought he was an intelligent player that made up for lack of pace with good positional sense and close control.

Let it be true!

reidy
26-06-2013, 09:30 PM
From what I remember he was very slow the first 65-70 minutes then when everyone else got down to his pace he was prolific.

Vault Boy
26-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Would fit the description of knowing the Scottish game too, starting to look forward to any developments in this now. :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
26-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Will do for me!

CallumLaidlaw
26-06-2013, 09:46 PM
A fit Chris Killen will destroy the jumbos new amazing centre half pairing!

hibs0666
26-06-2013, 09:48 PM
From what I remember he was very slow the first 65-70 minutes then when everyone else got down to his pace he was prolific.

Scored against the yams after about 10 minutes :wink:

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-06-2013, 09:49 PM
My thoughts too :-(

Yup Nadals knees ?

YehButNoBut
26-06-2013, 10:02 PM
A mate has told me he will be signing and travelling with Hibs on Monday.

Don't know whether to believe him or not.

Hermit Crab
26-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Maybe we will get another striker in to partner him and create competition for the forwards jerseys.

Billychaotic182
26-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I think he could still do a job for us.

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2013, 10:05 PM
I remember him as being injury prone and never off the treatment table, can't have improved as he gets older surely. Not the type of signing that excites me to be honest, the romance of an ex player returning always clouds some folks memories does it not. Go on Chris prove me wrong :greengrin

DH1875
26-06-2013, 10:06 PM

Erm........... Not exactly. We only offered him a one year deal because of his injuries. Celtic offered him a three year deal on triple the wages, what would you do? No brainer for me I'm afraid.
He was excellent for us first time around and if he's anywhere near fit will do us a job. Still need another one though.

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Why not? Bring him back and lets see him in action.

His mum was a gem on here...

Nothing ventured....

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Why not? Bring him back and lets see him in action.

His mum was a gem on here...

Nothing ventured....

Kiwi mum ???

Kato
26-06-2013, 10:25 PM

Lovely, cheers.

A very honest Paul Lambert said after the game it should have been 19-0 to Hibs and the interviewer laughed, Lambert followed up quickly saying "I'm not joking."

Soon after O'Connor was gone and we lost potency with injuries and suspensions.

SquashedFrogg
26-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Kiwi mum ???

Yes!! Top lady on here...

Should be maditory for all players mums to contribute on .net

reidy
26-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Scored against the yams after about 10 minutes :wink:
Alright then he scored majority of his goals later on then.

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Lovely, cheers.

A very honest Paul Lambert said after the game it should have been 19-0 to Hibs and the interviewer laughed, Lambert followed up quickly saying "I'm not joking."

Soon after O'Connor was gone and we lost potency with injuries and suspensions.

Actually remember wee Wes Hoolahan being one of the best players on the pitch.

LeighLoyal
26-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Would be a really strange one. Chinese football is a very poor standard, I'd put it below SFL3.

Just_Jimmy
26-06-2013, 10:47 PM
He scored 15 before christmas the year he got injured for us. If hes fit i'd take a punt. Right now we have NO experience upfront

theonlywayisup
26-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Killen = Kuqi on a motorbike!

:agree:

Pretty Boy
26-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Happy enough with this.

Good finisher, intelligent player and as soneone already said it's not like he had any pace to lose.

Hopefully a Brewster or Mixu type signing.

lord bunberry
27-06-2013, 12:05 AM
If he has still got it then killen would be a great signing, guys like higdon and sutton couldn't lace his boots. When killen was at er the spl was a far stronger league than it is now.

Forza Fred
27-06-2013, 03:58 AM
Killen is only 31

Ask Deeks:wink:

MSK
27-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Kiwi mum ???She hasn't viewed the forums since 2007 ...:worried: ...

Nazz
27-06-2013, 06:41 AM
It is my understanding that there is a big drop between the super league and league 1.

It's a massive drop. The skill level in the Super League is awful, it makes the SPL look good. League One standard doesn't bear thinking about.

Also, the Chinese season lasts from March to November. Assuming he is contracted until the end of the season, how will he terminate this contract and will we have to pay a fee for him?

jonny
27-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Rumours circulating around social media that Chris is at East Mains this morning. Anyone heard anything that would confirm or contradict this? I'd be quite pleased if he was to make a return

bingo70
27-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Rumours circulating around social media that Chris is at East Mains this morning. Anyone heard anything that would confirm or contradict this? I'd be quite pleased if he was to make a return

I'd imagine those rumours started from here

Craig_in_Prague
27-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Pat seems confident of 2 players this weekend.
Mullen and Killen certainly would make sense, as both are strongly linked with us and both have SPL experience (that Pat alluded to).

Quite pleased if Killen joins us, he was excellent 1st time round and was very strong in the air too (we need to get a better mix of goals).

Good times to be a hibee - hope the Yams don't step in and sign him ahead of us this time......oh wait

Squealing pig
27-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Been spotted on way to east mains. This rumour has life yet.

JimBHibees
27-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Pat seems confident of 2 players this weekend.
Mullen and Killen certainly would make sense, as both are strongly linked with us and both have SPL experience (that Pat alluded to).

Quite pleased if Killen joins us, he was excellent 1st time round and was very strong in the air too (we need to get a better mix of goals).

Good times to be a hibee - hope the Yams don't step in and sign him ahead of us this time......oh wait

Thought he was excellent the first time he played with us only concern was he was quite frequently injured.

Squealing pig
27-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Killen , higdon and a mobile strike I'd b very happy.

Craig_in_Prague
27-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Thought he was excellent the first time he played with us only concern was he was quite frequently injured.

I recall the nasty injury at Pittodrie in the SC match that ended 2-2, but I don't know if he had other injuries when with us.... he may well have... but if he has been playing reguarly of late (albeit at a questionable level), then he clearly will be fit at the moment and at the end of the day, any player could be injured at any point, so there is no guarentees with whoever you sign.

I remember we beat Rangers at ER and he scored powerful headers, a bit of that again please!

I suppose the medical will give Pat/the club a good indication of his fitness, but he was in shape and a strong player, so again, I am not sure if he is as injury prone as everyone says, but quite excited about him signing if it's true and we just need to hope he would play pretty much every week.

SlickShoes
27-06-2013, 09:11 AM
It's a massive drop. The skill level in the Super League is awful, it makes the SPL look good. League One standard doesn't bear thinking about.

Also, the Chinese season lasts from March to November. Assuming he is contracted until the end of the season, how will he terminate this contract and will we have to pay a fee for him?

The standard in China is not great but I think a lot of people watch Scottish Football through Supporters Specs, I will happily watch a Hibs game even when we play badly but you will not catch me watching St Mirren vs St Johnstone or any other equivalent fixture. If Hibs did not exist I suspect many of us would be able to see the true standard of Scottish football.

Hibs7
27-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a disaster to me .... No thank you !

Cocaine&Caviar
27-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Would be a really strange one. Chinese football is a very poor standard, I'd put it below SFL3.

Drogba, Seydou Keita, Freddie Kanoute, Yakubu etc in Div 3?

Sumner
27-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Killen with James McFadden playing behind him would be gooood :agree:

MWHIBBIES
27-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Drogba, Seydou Keita, Freddie Kanoute, Yakubu etc in Div 3?Drogba plays for Gala now :wink:

JimBHibees
27-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Drogba plays for Gala now :wink:

Even worse then East of Scotland. :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
27-06-2013, 09:37 AM
If Hibs did not exist I suspect many of us would be able to see the true standard of Scottish football.

Very well put :agree:

Stevie Reid
27-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Along with Brewster, was the best target man we've had at ER in a long, long time. Would rank him slightly higher than Mixu (when he was fit) and would be very happy if he signed.

Steve-O
27-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I may be the only one that has seen him play in the flesh recently - All Whites v Tahiti (yes, the Tahiti you've all just seen getting battered all over Brazil) in October last year here in NZ and he was honestly terrible. NZ won 3-0, and Killen scored, however their last 2 goals were in injury time and Killen's was a scrappy effort. I genuinely couldn't believe this was the same player who'd been so good at Hibs, so don't get too excited.

BT58
27-06-2013, 09:57 AM
hey DD was that a very young Robert Snodgrass playing for Livi???????? [the guy who went to Leeds then Norwich]
BT

JimBHibees
27-06-2013, 09:59 AM
hey DD was that a very young Robert Snodgrass playing for Livi???????? [the guy who went to Leeds then Norwich]
BT

It would have been yes.

--------
27-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Chris Killen was a class act, and very capable of looking after himself on the pitch. IIRC it wasn't so much that he was 'injury-prone' as that he suffered one very bad injury to his achilles which put him out for ages? When he was fit, he was very fit, and a very gifted player

I have no idea how good or bad Chinese second-tier footie is, but FWIW, the Wiki link is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_League_One.

Looks to me like lots and lots of young Chinese players bolstered by a few possibly decent foreigners. But I did notice that Chongqing do have a 'fitness and conditioning coach' - maybe he's Chris's personal physio and acupuncturist?

BT58
27-06-2013, 10:15 AM
im sure i was at pittoddrie when he took a bad injury,,,he was scoring mission, until he took a bad un,,,could be wrong about it be the dons place,,,my memory aint what it was:wink::wink:
bt

IWasThere2016
27-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Killen was out for a lenghty spell post a snapped achilles - that can happen to anyone tbh.

Ritchie
27-06-2013, 10:17 AM
this news is "PLEASING" :agree:

Billy Whizz
27-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Danny Handling would link up well with him, make the runs behind

Steve-O
27-06-2013, 10:24 AM
im sure i was at pittoddrie when he took a bad injury,,,he was scoring mission, until he took a bad un,,,could be wrong about it be the dons place,,,my memory aint what it was:wink::wink:
bt

Happened at Aberdeen, definitely. The game was live on TV :agree:

Steve-O
27-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Killen scoring a rubbish goal last year in this clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-mwC4_3X4

Michael McGlinchey (formerly of Celtic and Motherwell) scores the other 2 (good) goals and was streets ahead of Killen. Make of that what you will.

The Tubs
27-06-2013, 10:29 AM
bt

Cup 3rd round, the game ended 2-2.

Beefster
27-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Thought he was bery good when he played for us but haven't seen or heard of him for ages. As others have mentioned, I remember him being a bit injury prone although his scoring stats for the last year suggest maybe he's recovered. Worth a trial, difficult to say more than that.

He wasn't really injury-prone, he snapped his achilles.

Iain G
27-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Killen scoring a rubbish goal last year in this clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T-mwC4_3X4

Michael McGlinchey (formerly of Celtic and Motherwell) scores the other 2 (good) goals and was streets ahead of Killen. Make of that what you will.

McGlinchey has had a good season in the A League remember Steve-O!

Killen and Griffiths upfront next season then? :greengrin

Yuillsy
27-06-2013, 10:47 AM

No such thing as a rubbish goal. As long as the ball hits the net who cares how it went in or what distance it was scored from?
With no Griffiths next season we need someone who can put the ball in the net. Killen has already shown he can do that in Scotland so would hopefully be a welcome addition.

Steve-O
27-06-2013, 10:48 AM
No such thing as a rubbish goal. As long as the ball hits the net who cares how it went in or what distance it was scored from?
With no Griffiths next season we need someone who can put the ball in the net. Killen has already shown he can do that in Scotland so would hopefully be a welcome addition.

In the context of his performance that night, it was a lucky goal, and probably offside to boot.

Steve-O
27-06-2013, 10:49 AM
McGlinchey has had a good season in the A League remember Steve-O!

Killen and Griffiths upfront next season then? :greengrin

McGlinchey is good in the A-League, yes. Wasn't so good in the SPL!

Killen should be coming home to the Phoenix :greengrin

Beefster
27-06-2013, 10:49 AM
In the context of his performance that night, it was a lucky goal, and probably offside to boot.

I saw Griffiths play crap once. Didn't make him a crap player though.

Steve-O
27-06-2013, 10:50 AM
I saw Griffiths play crap once. Didn't make him a crap player though.

Fair do's, but when did you last see Killen play well? 2006 for me.

Yuillsy
27-06-2013, 10:55 AM

Surely that makes him more valuable then?
He plays crap but still gets in the positions to stick the ball in the net when the chance comes along.

Steve-O
27-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Surely that makes him more valuable then?
He plays crap but still gets in the positions to stick the ball in the net when the chance comes along.

You or I probably could've scored against Tahiti.

Look, I would like him to be as good as he was before, and I'd like to be wrong in what I'm saying, it's just that it's been a few years and Killen hasn't exactly set the world on fire since he left Hibs. Just concerned he'll not be the player he used to be, like most of the others we've re-signed over the years.

The Leith Dutch
27-06-2013, 11:19 AM
With Killen have to assume (or at least hope :greengrin) that the club will have done their homework on what shape he's currently in and that they're happy with it.
(The worry there would be Kuqi but as I don't know what the score was there I'm prepared to put that down to a one off blip)

The positive thing is, as others have said, he's the sort of player we've not had up front for a while and he should bring our attacking midfielders into the game.
As an aside on that - I know Taiwo is a Defensive Mid but I could see him getting a few next season as, when he's allowed to, he's making intelligent runs into the box.

I think we need another striker (assuming we get Killen) and if we could again go for a different type of player to what Caldwell, Handling and Killen offered then I'd be
delighted as it would suggest we're looking to have some variation to our game plan which is something we've needed for a long time as, even when we've been good, we seem to be predictable.

sahib
27-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Look, I would like him to be as good as he was before, and I'd like to be wrong in what I'm saying, it's just that it's been a few years and Killen hasn't exactly set the world on fire since he left Hibs. Just concerned he'll not be the player he used to be, like most of the others we've re-signed over the years.

I don't think he was all that great before, maybe he was carrying injuries in many games. I would rather have Riordan or even Benji back. He could hold up the ball better than Killen (ok, he never knew when to release it). Truth is, I would rather we moved on and got better than we had before.

Yuillsy
27-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Fair enough mate.
Maybe I'm letting my judgement be clouded by his previous spell here. I just want someone at Hibs that can score scrappy penalty box goals, also something we've been lacking is someone who can score with his head. The Killen that was here a few years ago could do both.
My preferred option would be Higdon but I'm not sure if that's possible. I just want the best we can afford and if Pat Fenlon thinks that is Killen then fair enough.

Hermit Crab
27-06-2013, 11:52 AM
@SuperTortolano: Killen signed and looking at Kenny Miller

#hibs

GlenrothesHibee
27-06-2013, 11:55 AM
@SuperTortolano: Killen signed and looking at Kenny Miller

#hibs

Joe's probably been reading Hibs.net lol

Ritchie
27-06-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't think he was all that great before, maybe he was carrying injuries in many games. I would rather have Riordan or even Benji back. He could hold up the ball better than Killen (ok, he never knew when to release it). Truth is, I would rather we moved on and got better than we had before.

really?!

deek cant get a game for a club never mind a goal & Benji has scored 13 goals in 46 games since he left hibs 4 years ago.

Killen scored more goals last season than both of them put together since they left hibs.

Brizo
27-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Havent read whole thread so points possibly already been made. If there was money available a couple of weeks back for Rod to try and bring Leigh back where is that money now if we are reduced to looking at Killen who I am concluding will be a substantially cheaper option.

Hibs are yet again going down the route of bringing back a former hero. Its a route thats cheap, easy and has failed more often than not. I hope im proved wrong but based on recent returnees cant say its filling me with any enthusiasm.

Hermit Crab
27-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Killen and miller? The old boys up front.

Leishy1995
27-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Havent read whole thread so points possibly already been made. If there was money available a couple of weeks back for Rod to try and bring Leigh back where is that money now if we are reduced to looking at Killen who I am concluding will be a substantially cheaper option.

Hibs are yet again going down the route of bringing back a former hero. Its a route thats cheap, easy and has failed more often than not. I hope im proved wrong but based on recent returnees cant say its filling me with any enthusiasm.

But you'd have Leigh Griffiths back wouldn't you?

ManBearPig
27-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Mcmanus and killen would be quality experienced professionals which is what we need at rhw moment

ekhibee
27-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Erm........... Not exactly. We only offered him a one year deal because of his injuries. Celtic offered him a three year deal on triple the wages, what would you do? No brainer for me I'm afraid.
He was excellent for us first time around and if he's anywhere near fit will do us a job. Still need another one though.

Just to correct you, we really only got just over half a season out of him, and despite that he was offered a new deal by John Collins while he was still injured. He held off and held off, then Cardiff came in for him and he agreed terms, he was paraded by them, and at the last minute jumped ship again and signed for Celtic. He did the dirty on Oldham as well before he came to us, and he has had numerous injury problems. Just telling people who were probably unaware of the kind of player we were potentially re-signing. Still, we signed Thomson after all the rubbish he spouted about us, so I suppose anything goes these days. Beggars can't be choosers some would argue, but personally I wouldn't touch him. That's just my opinion though.

Beefster
27-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Just to correct you, we really only got just over half a season out of him, and despite that he was offered a new deal by John Collins while he was still injured. He held off and held off, then Cardiff came in for him and he agreed terms, he was paraded by them, and at the last minute jumped ship again and signed for Celtic. He did the dirty on Oldham as well before he came to us, and he has had numerous injury problems. Just telling people who were probably unaware of the kind of player we were potentially re-signing. Still, we signed Thomson after all the rubbish he spouted about us, so I suppose anything goes these days. Beggars can't be choosers some would argue, but personally I wouldn't touch him. That's just my opinion though.

I'm fairly sure we got a year out of him before his injury (January to January).

JeMeSouviens
27-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm fairly sure we got a year out of him before his injury (January to January).

His debut was the 3-0 cup game at Ibrox in Feb 2006. Happy days. :greengrin

27-06-2013, 02:27 PM
decent player but too injury prone IMO

Billychaotic182
27-06-2013, 02:37 PM
So is there any truth in this or is it another my uncles, sister in law, dog walker who kins a guy who washed his car, who he told was signing?

Stevie Reid
27-06-2013, 02:43 PM

He was signed in Jan 06 and his contract ended in May 2007 - IIRC, he got an injury against ICT in the game immediately before the semi final v Hearts that was described as being 'like a bullet wound in his foot', and kept him out for several weeks (and made him one of the many who missed THAT cup game). He obviously did his achilles in January the following season.

According to Soccerbase his scoring record for us was 19 goals in 29 starts (32 appearances overall). He was excellent for us.

basehibby
27-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Killen was excellent for Hibs first time round (when not on the treatment table which was about half the time IIRC). So, assuming he's in good nick and steers clear of serious harm there's no question he would be a good signing IMO.

Vault Boy
27-06-2013, 03:09 PM
So is there any truth in this or is it another my uncles, sister in law, dog walker who kins a guy who washed his car, who he told was signing?

It was a poster on here who is usually good with his information. Scoopyboy I believe.

scoopyboy
27-06-2013, 03:36 PM

I'll take that as the dreaded vote of confidence.

TheFamous1875
27-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I'll take that as the dreaded vote of confidence.

What's the latest, ScoopyjohnB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

--------
27-06-2013, 04:27 PM
He wasn't really injury-prone, he snapped his achilles.

That was my recollection - it was that one bad injury, followed by his trying to come back too soon and doing further damage.

He was a more than decent player to my mind.

LeighLoyal
27-06-2013, 04:30 PM
He was decent, one of these guys that did it for us but never hit the same heights again.

Golden Bear
27-06-2013, 04:34 PM
He had the nickname of "sicknote" before he came to us and subsequent events confirmed why.

He was a reasonable player but I'm not convinced he would be a wise investment given his past record.

EuanH78
27-06-2013, 05:25 PM
He had the nickname of "sicknote" before he came to us and subsequent events confirmed why.

He was a reasonable player but I'm not convinced he would be a wise investment given his past record.

IIRC it was Oldham he got that name, though as I seem to remember it there was something else going on in the background (fallout with chairman or am I making that up?)

Maybe more a case of Vlad-Flu than injury??

I dont remember him being injured all that much for us apart from 1 bad one.

Franck Stanton
27-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Killen only played for us a little over a year, during which he suffered a horrendous injury [snapped achilies tendon], apart from that injury missed only one other game, so hardly "Injury Prone". Would be a really good signing imo as he is just the type of player we need just now.

NAE NOOKIE
27-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Was slower than a wet week last time he was at ER though I agree he had other attributes that made up for it.

But TBH I would be utterly underwhelmed if we signed Killen.

Sorry :bitchy:

BroxburnHibee
27-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I'll no believe it till Kiwimum confirms :greengrin

Aldo
27-06-2013, 07:53 PM
That was my recollection - it was that one bad injury, followed by his trying to come back too soon and doing further damage.

He was a more than decent player to my mind.

Snapped his Achilles indeed in the SC Draw in Aberdeen.

More than a decent player IMHO Doddie and scored some crackers. If he could find some of the form he produced first time round then I'd be happy.

Irish_Steve
27-06-2013, 08:03 PM

I`ll wait until the fish man has spoken

Spike Mandela
27-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Was his mum Polish?:cb

sahib
27-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Was his mum Polish?:cb

Maiden name Cherry Blossom.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Maiden name Cherry Blossom.

This guy used to drink in my local in Liverpool, as soon as I read your post I started to laugh :greengrin

Cherry Blossom, Merseyside
cherry blossom is some guy who dyes his hair with cherry blossom shoe polish. He is seen randomly around but most notable thing about him is that when it rains the cherry blossom runs down his face!

SteveHFC
27-06-2013, 11:13 PM
HIBS are weighing up a swoop for former Easter Road ace Chris Killen. The striker is available on a free from Chinese club Chongqing and is high on boss Pat Fenlon’s summer shopping list.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4987344/Hibs-are-in-for-the-Kil-again.html#ixzz2XSfslxVH

R'Albin
27-06-2013, 11:22 PM
HIBS are weighing up a swoop for former Easter Road ace Chris Killen. The striker is available on a free from Chinese club Chongqing and is high on boss Pat Fenlon’s summer shopping list.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4987344/Hibs-are-in-for-the-Kil-again.html#ixzz2XSfslxVH

Might as well have just copied and pasted from here.

brydekirk
28-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Might as well have just copied and pasted from here.

Think your right, mate.

Winston Ingram
28-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Chris Killen wasn't slow. He was no Walcott but certainly wasn't John Sutton. He actually had a decent turn of pace on him:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Think your right, mate.

But it was written by Many Killer so probably did some checks?

re Killen I seem to recall after recovering from injury he did not play for us again - is that right?
The next game I recall him playing was the game against Brasil. Which at the time made me suspicious...

Big Sexy Dave
28-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Killen me softly with this rumour.

scoopyboy
28-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Not found out a lot more except that Mrs. Killen and kid(s) stay in Manchester with Chris in China.

Maybe wanting to reunite the family before kids start school in Edinburgh?:greengrin

ian cruise
28-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Not found out a lot more except that Mrs. Killen and kid(s) stay in Manchester with Chris in China.

Maybe wanting to reunite the family before kids start school in Edinburgh?:greengrin

Well city just sold Tevez! Maybe you jumped the gun with this one scoops

brydekirk
28-06-2013, 08:51 AM
But it was written by Many Killer so probably did some checks?

re Killen I seem to recall after recovering from injury he did not play for us again - is that right?
The next game I recall him playing was the game against Brasil. Which at the time made me suspicious...
Not sure. I remember him coming back ( some said too early ) and getting injured again. Don't know who against though.

southsider
28-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Could not wait to get away to smeltic so not for me. We need a forward with a bit of pace.

The Leith Dutch
28-06-2013, 08:58 AM
We need a forward with a bit of pace.

Wouldn't disagree but we also need a forward who can hold the ball up well which Killen is (or at least was).
Hopefully we get both :greengrin

J-C
28-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Wouldn't disagree but we also need a forward who can hold the ball up well which Killen is (or at least was).
Hopefully we get both :greengrin

Caldwell has a fair bit of pace but is still very raw, hopefully the 2 youngsters can step up this year. If we're playing 2 up top then we'll deffo need 2 new strikers, so Killen plus AN other.

Steve-O
28-06-2013, 09:21 AM
He was signed in Jan 06 and his contract ended in May 2007 - IIRC, he got an injury against ICT in the game immediately before the semi final v Hearts that was described as being 'like a bullet wound in his foot', and kept him out for several weeks (and made him one of the many who missed THAT cup game). He obviously did his achilles in January the following season.

According to Soccerbase his scoring record for us was 19 goals in 29 starts (32 appearances overall). He was excellent for us.

I am not sure that is right?

Signed in Jan 06, scored on debut at Ibrox, snapped Achilles in Jan 07 and my recollection is that was his season finished?

Maybe he was trying to make a comeback prior to the semi but the Jan injury was serious IIRC.

Whatever the case, I really hated him when he went to Celtic!

Speedway
28-06-2013, 10:10 AM
For me, Killen was an excellent signing but was a real 'paypacket player'.

Most of them are, but it seemed really transparent with Killen. I remember him describing us as a 'stepping stone' in one of his interviews so I never took to the lad.

Stevie Reid
28-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I am not sure that is right?

Signed in Jan 06, scored on debut at Ibrox, snapped Achilles in Jan 07 and my recollection is that was his season finished?

Maybe he was trying to make a comeback prior to the semi but the Jan injury was serious IIRC.

Whatever the case, I really hated him when he went to Celtic!

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about, Steve-O - his season was definitely over after the 2007 achilles injury, I didn't suggest otherwise.

He got a bad injury against ICT the week before the 4-0 semi defeat to Hearts in 2006 and didn't play for the rest of that season either.

joe breezy
28-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Chris Killen severely lacked mobility then so i'd be extremely concerned about that factor now

His Mum was a nice person though

LeighLoyal
28-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Chris Killen severely lacked mobility then so i'd be extremely concerned about that factor now

His Mum was a nice person though

yeah, sign Kiwi mum.

hungryhibs
28-06-2013, 10:40 AM
a would sign him coz it would also help the young boys out with there development as he is a decent striker and would score goals no probs would also like another striker

Andy74
28-06-2013, 10:41 AM
The Sun were suggesting he was free to leave or has left China?

Anyone been able to establish anyhting on that? Anyone know Kenny who wrote it - seems additional info from what was on here.

matty_f
28-06-2013, 10:46 AM
The Sun were suggesting he was free to leave or has left China?

Anyone been able to establish anyhting on that? Anyone know Kenny who wrote it - seems additional info from what was on here.
If Kenny has put his name to the story then it'll have been checked out first. He's not one to just lift and shift from hibs.net.

Steve-O
28-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about, Steve-O - his season was definitely over after the 2007 achilles injury, I didn't suggest otherwise.

He got a bad injury against ICT the week before the 4-0 semi defeat to Hearts in 2006 and didn't play for the rest of that season either.

Ignore me, my year radar has gone on the blink.

PeterboroHibee
28-06-2013, 11:46 AM

That shouldnt matter if you build a team to accommodate that type of player (ie good delivery into the box). Jon Daly, as an example, is as slow as a shed, but United always had players who could put in good balls (Conway, Dixon, GMS etc), and he had that awareness and finishing ability to score goals.

What concerns me is that Killen is being signed (if that turns out to be true) as someone for us to just aimlessly boot it long all game like last season, as then it really wouldnt work.

Stevie Reid
28-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Ignore me, my year radar has gone on the blink.

:aok:

steakbake
28-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Fundamentally, we need decent players. I think Aberdeen, Utd and Motherwell will be considerably stronger next year. If we've got any pretense to be a top-6 side, we will need to be light years better next year than this.

HibbyAndy
28-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Fundamentally, we need decent players. I think Aberdeen, Utd and Motherwell will be considerably stronger next year. If we've got any pretense to be a top-6 side, we will need to be light years better next year than this.

Motherwell ?..No danger will they be stronger, much more weaker aye.

Andy74
28-06-2013, 12:04 PM

Motherwell have lost Randolph, Hately, Law, Humphreys, Ojama and Higdon of the ones I know! They won't be considerably stronger at all. Aberdeen. Heard it all last year. What have Utd done to strengthen?

Will Inverness, Ross County and St Johnstone still be up there?

We don't half talk ourselves down, and everyone else up!

Andy74
28-06-2013, 12:06 PM
That shouldnt matter if you build a team to accommodate that type of player (ie good delivery into the box). Jon Daly, as an example, is as slow as a shed, but United always had players who could put in good balls (Conway, Dixon, GMS etc), and he had that awareness and finishing ability to score goals.

What concerns me is that Killen is being signed (if that turns out to be true) as someone for us to just aimlessly boot it long all game like last season, as then it really wouldnt work.

Away. We never booted the ball long all last season. That seems to have been accepted on here. A big striker doesn't equate to playing that way either. If anything it allows the midfield and wingers to be even more involved.

Dashing Bob S
28-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Motherwell have lost Randolph, Hately, Law, Humphreys, Ojama and Higdon of the ones I know! They won't be considerably stronger at all. Aberdeen. Heard it all last year. What have Utd done to strengthen?

Yep. Apart from Hearts, obviously, I see no credible opposition.

IWasThere2016
28-06-2013, 12:08 PM

We need strengthening however .. I want to pump the Yams repeatedly and significantly 3 times next season! :agree:

DH1875
28-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Could not wait to get away to smeltic so not for me. We need a forward with a bit of pace.

Again, That's NOT strictly true. We offered him a 1 year deal. Celtic offered him a 3 year deal on triple the money. The guy was coming off a serious career threatening injury. I ask you, what would you have done :confused:.

Andy74
28-06-2013, 12:10 PM
We need strengthening however .. I want to pump the Yams repeatedly and significantly 3 times next season! :agree:

We do. Good thing is I think we have leeway to make good additions. I'm in two minds about keeping Hearts alive now as a plaything in the way you mention.

The Sea-gull
28-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Agree totally with the bit in bold.

Regarding the teams you mentioning being "considerably" stronger, I'm not so sure.

Aberdeen have made what appear to be some decent signings and have what appears to be a decent manager to go with what appears to be a decent squad that was already there. These are all things that have been said about Aberdeen every close season for the past 5 years now and they have not come true. I do, though, actually think they have to get it right some time after so many false dawns and have a feeling McInnes could be the man for them so they should be stronger.

Dundee United have lost Jon Daly, Johnny Russel and Willo Flood and may lose Gary McKay Steven before the season starts. They have replaced them with First Div players and while they may come good and become more rounded as a team rather than having star names, I don't really see any evidence that they are going to be considerably stronger.

Motherwell have lost loads of quality. They have been adept at recovering from losing players before but I think this could be too much for them. While I think they'll still be a good team and have a good manager who will bring in good players (Lawson, Vigurs and Sutton are all decent so far) I can't see them being "considerably" stronger than in recent years.

One thing is for sure we must improve our squad and to do that we must sign a couple more quality players. While I would love Leigh to come back, I do think we became over reliant on him and the only good thing about him not coming back is it might encourage more players to step up to the plate.

We definitely need two, ideally both reasonably experienced, forward players, one asap and who is ready to hit the ground running and play in the first team. If we can get Thomson and/or Claros resigned, the creativity of Craig and Harris plus one more forward minded player and a striker I would be happy with first choice our midfield/attacking options.

We need an experienced centre half and it sounds like we have Mullen coming in. If we can get these players then I would be happy with our squad for the season.

Thecat23
28-06-2013, 12:13 PM

I'd put money on Aberdeen finishing above us this season. They look to have a good balance in the team. I think we can finish above the others mentioned though.

The Sea-gull
28-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Away. We never booted the ball long all last season. That seems to have been accepted on here. A big striker doesn't equate to playing that way either. If anything it allows the midfield and wingers to be even more involved.

:agree: I remember us being pretty effective when we played G O'C through the middle under Mowbray and had he had the likes of Deek, Shiels, Sproule and a young Fletcher running off him. Mowbray never played G O'C as a tradional target man.

Mowbray and then Collins carried this on with Killen and he had Benji, Sproule, Zemmama, Shiels and Fletcher all playing round him being brought in to play. Again Killen was never used as a lump it up to him target man.

If we get 2006 Chris Killen then great but my concern is that 2006 is a long time ago and he has done hee-haw at any sort of level since then. 2013 Hibs are not 2006 Hibs either and Fenlon is not Tony Mowbray.

IWasThere2016
28-06-2013, 12:20 PM
We do. Good thing is I think we have leeway to make good additions. I'm in two minds about keeping Hearts alive now as a plaything in the way you mention.

I'd prefer their demise but I will take the tormenting them instead. Could be quite an enjoyable wee hobby :thumbsup:

The Sea-gull
28-06-2013, 12:22 PM

Agree re Motherwell, will still be decent but difficult to see them being anything other than weaker.

Aberdeen - hear it every year but just have a feeling it might have some substance this season.

United's only hope is them gelling as a team - they don't have the big name individuals any more bar GMS.

Hard to tell with the three teams you mention as they change personnel so much but logic would say they won't all be top 6 again.

This season represnets a big chance for us and Aberdeen to get back into the top 6. If either one or both of us don't do it then we really are in bad ways as clubs. We need to sign some players before we can be considered contenders though but I know we will sign a couple more, not even July yet

DH1875
28-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I'd put money on Aberdeen finishing above us this season. They look to have a good balance in the team. I think we can finish above the others mentioned though.

If St Johnstone, ICT and Ross County all finish above us again this season then there is something far wrong with our club. Would be totally unexceptable in my opinion.

LeighLoyal
28-06-2013, 12:26 PM
If St Johnstone, ICT and Ross County all finish above us again this season then there is something far wrong with our club. Would be totally unexceptable in my opinion.

A bit like your spelling, mate. :greengrin

The Sea-gull
28-06-2013, 12:33 PM

Absolutely. That would be poor and it would be jotters time for PF.

Have said it many times and make no apologies for keeping banging the drum but if he doesn't get us top 6 next season, barring any extreme unforseen circumstances then he has to go. No Rangers and Hearts a shambles = no real excuses.

He might just survive the above if they finish above us in 2nd, 3rd and 4th place with us at least in the top 6 but then us, Aberdeen, and Dundee United would have to be asking ourselves some serious questions if that happens.

YehButNoBut
28-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Dundee Utd trying to get Goodwillie back, he'd strengthen them if successful.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-made-to-wait-over-david-goodwillie-bid-1.107959?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

jdships
28-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Again, That's NOT strictly true. We offered him a 1 year deal. Celtic offered him a 3 year deal on triple the money. The guy was coming off a serious career threatening injury. I ask you, what would you have done :confused:.

That is FACT and as you rightly say " what would you have done " in the same circumstances ?

:agree:

Leishy1995
28-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Dundee Utd trying to get Goodwillie back, he'd strengthen them if successful.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/dundee-united-made-to-wait-over-david-goodwillie-bid-1.107959?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

His record doesn't terrify me as much as some

Fergus52
28-06-2013, 01:51 PM

Everyone said that last season and they were gash.

Not saying you're wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if they flopped again.