PDA

View Full Version : Travel Edinburgh hotels

LancashireHibby
26-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I know it's cropped up on here before and apologies for putting this on the main board, but does anyone on here have any good contacts at any hotels in Edinburgh to get a bit of a cheeky discount?

Planning on taking my five year old lad on his first visit to ER for the home Euro leg, but the best thing I can find so far is the Travelodge on St Mary's Street for £134 for two nights.

No real restrictions on where we stay other than it needs to be en suite and obviously a nice enough place!

Cheers in advance
:thumbsup:

(What an expensive day this is turning out to be!)

Ozyhibby
26-06-2013, 04:28 PM
£134 for two nights in the centre of Edinburgh during the festival? We should be coming to you for the deals. ;-)

Ozyhibby
26-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Just realised it's not quite during the festival. Still seems a not bad deal.

HH81
26-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Here is me hoping for a Lancashire Hibs bus. :greengrin

If driving up try here, just outside but on bus route, cheaper and somewhere to leave car for free.... cameron toll travelodge

Jack
26-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Been meaning to say this for ages for you guys.

Have you considered signing up to the Edinburgh pages of Groupon, KGB deals and all these sorts of sites?

Bostonhibby
26-06-2013, 05:21 PM
I know it's cropped up on here before and apologies for putting this on the main board, but does anyone on here have any good contacts at any hotels in Edinburgh to get a bit of a cheeky discount?

Planning on taking my five year old lad on his first visit to ER for the home Euro leg, but the best thing I can find so far is the Travelodge on St Mary's Street for £134 for two nights.

No real restrictions on where we stay other than it needs to be en suite and obviously a nice enough place!

Cheers in advance

Might be dearer now but for the cup final 3 of us used Lochend serviced apts. Free parking and 75 quid a night. Have used Ocean apts at newhaven plenty times, good quality and normally cheaper than travel lodge when 3 or 4 share. Can be very costly when there's events on and into summer though.worth checking out if there's a few of you.

HH81
26-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Been meaning to say this for ages for you guys.

Have you considered signing up to the Edinburgh pages of Groupon, KGB deals and all these sorts of sites?

I have booked hotel for Edinburgh through it before but usually miss them, cheers for reminder will check my emails more.

muzzhfc
26-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Did you get my pm?

Pam
26-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Try the tune hotel at the west end!

andyf5
26-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Cheers in advance

£100 in Travelodge Learmonth according to Tripadvisor and you have The Meadows for your son to play footie with you and a play park and the Links Hotel with child friendly beer garden. Not much for a 5 year old near St Marys imho.

LancashireHibby
26-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Cheers for the tips guys. Probably doing it on the train, initial plan was to drive up to Seton Sands for the week but it's sold out for that week...must be all the Swedes!

Ozyhibby
27-06-2013, 06:26 AM
£100 in Travelodge Learmonth according to Tripadvisor and you have The Meadows for your son to play footie with you and a play park and the Links Hotel with child friendly beer garden. Not much for a 5 year old near St Marys imho.

Bit of a trek to the meadows From the Learmonth Travelodge. ;-)

Thecat23
27-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Try the Travel lodge at Cameron Toll mate. Think that's fairly cheap. £45 a night twin room.

H18sry
27-06-2013, 06:52 AM
http://bookings.easyhotel.com/Booking/EHOTBookHotel.asp?SD=48511364120130627075501 £44 a night :wink: