PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams as captain?

suavegav
25-06-2013, 09:31 AM
I've been happy with most of his performances in goal, but I think an outfield player should be captain. IMHO. If Thomson signs up again, surely he is natural choice. Hopefully mcpake is fit and ready for start of season, he is also a better choice!

Big_Franck
25-06-2013, 09:35 AM
I've been happy with most of his performances in goal, but I think an outfield player should be captain. IMHO. If Thomson signs up again, surely he is natural choice. Hopefully mcpake is fit and ready for start of season, he is also a better choice!

I disagree, Kevin Thomson as captain of Hibernian is anything but the natural choice. Personally I'd go with one of Williams, Hanlon or McGivern.

suavegav
25-06-2013, 09:38 AM
I disagree, Kevin Thomson as captain of Hibernian is anything but the natural choice. Personally I'd go with one of Williams, Hanlon or McGivern.

I see your point, I'd give captaincy to McGivern, Hanlons form suffered when he was captain. He's not a natural leader. IMHO

matty_f
25-06-2013, 09:38 AM
McPake?

Scouse Hibee
25-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Leave Williams to concentrate on the one area of his game that needs massive improvement, high balls into his box. Still if he was good at absolutely everything as a keeper he wouldn't be with us!

Unseen work
25-06-2013, 09:49 AM

Wouldn't be suprised to see Craig as captain if our first choice is injured. Seems a natural leader and has experience being a captain

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2013, 10:05 AM
I've been happy with most of his performances in goal, but I think an outfield player should be captain. IMHO. If Thomson signs up again, surely he is natural choice. Hopefully mcpake is fit and ready for start of season, he is also a better choice!Thomson has done nothing to deserve captaincy of Hibernian again. I would be pleased if he sings again but I dont like the idea of him as captain. Fine with Williams, maybe not Hanlon as I feel he has played better without it weighing him down.

Unseen work
25-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Funny to think Hanlon is still only 23, seems to of been around for ages!

Beefster
25-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Thomson has done nothing to deserve captaincy of Hibernian again.

Where did you hear that? AFAIK, he was one of the leaders in the dressing room pretty much straight away.

Bostonhibby
25-06-2013, 12:49 PM

Thought he stepped into the captaincy void brilliantly when we were toiling against Falkirk, needed someone to step up and he was constantly shouting and directing, he probably kept us in the game at 3 - 0, at the moment he will do for me as captain.:thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Never liked the idea of a goalkeeper being captain. A captain should be able to approach the ref at all times and have a calming/encouraging word to players all over the pitch-not be stuck at one end of the pitch

lord bunberry
25-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm sure both goram then leighton captained hibs so I've not got a problem with it.

marinello59
25-06-2013, 04:00 PM
I think the whole idea of a single captain on the pitch is over rated, there should be several leaders out there. I guess I am saying I don't really care who has the armband.

blackpoolhibs
25-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Sounds to me the manager does not think McPake will play much next season? :confused:

It doesn't sound like that at all, should have read the whole thread.

McPake will be captain if fit, and Thomson should be nowhere near it.

3pm
25-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Where has this come from?

marinello59
25-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Where has this come from?

Idle speculation? Williams was skipper at Tynecastle wasn't he, but McPake is still club skipper as far as we know.

JimBHibees
25-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Thomson has done nothing to deserve captaincy of Hibernian again. I would be pleased if he sings again but I dont like the idea of him as captain. Fine with Williams, maybe not Hanlon as I feel he has played better without it weighing him down.

As long as its not "Walking on Broken Glass" by Annie Lennox. :greengrin

3pm
25-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Idle speculation? Williams was skipper at Tynecastle wasn't he, but McPake is still club skipper as far as we know.

I'd be surprised if he changed it.

marinello59
25-06-2013, 04:21 PM
I'd be surprised if he changed it.

So would I. There is no need to.

Baader
25-06-2013, 10:38 PM
My only concern about a goalie as captain is the lack of mobility and isolation from team mates due to not having anyone within 20 yards of him regularly - prefer one that is in closer contact with his colleagues.

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Where did you hear that? AFAIK, he was one of the leaders in the dressing room pretty much straight away.I didn't hear it anywhere, just my personal opinion.

MWHIBBIES
26-06-2013, 07:31 AM
As long as its not "Walking on Broken Glass" by Annie Lennox. :greengrin:greengrin