PDA

View Full Version : Europa league in Beijing and Tianjin - long shot

AugustaHibs
24-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Anyone know of any places in Beijing/tianjin to watch both legs? There from the 14th to the 31 so will sadly miss them both, thanks as I know it's a lonhshot'!

jockodile
24-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Anyone know of any places in Beijing/tianjin to watch both legs? There from the 14th to the 31 so will sadly miss them both, thanks as I know it's a lonhshot'!

that is a super long shot I'd say.

I was over in China for a Sydney fc away game in the Asian Champions league a couple years ago and there was def a few irish bars in beiijing.a quick google search or lonely planet will source them, but showing Europa qualifiers I reckon is more a internet streaming shout, esp with time diff but you never know.

Tiajinn does has a english teaching centre, called Lucky. You could drop them an email, might be the odd expat working there.

Nazz
24-06-2013, 03:23 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up for watching these games anywhere else except via online streaming.

Watching night time games from Europe are also a pain out here because they don't usually kick-off until 2.30am local time.

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
24-06-2013, 06:53 PM

Try Monkeys Bar just of liang shang po st, Pigsy the barman and his mates Sandy and Tripitaka are well known Hibbies and Monkey himself once played left back for Hibs under 21s as a lad.

DC_Hibs
24-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Step 1: establish if the game is live on the fekn tellybox anywhere on planet earth.

Step 2: establish if said country has even a remote chance of screening relevant channel

Step 3: start one of the diddy threads

Step 4: thank me profusely

Step 5: GTF pal eh

edinburghhibee
24-06-2013, 11:33 PM
When I was in Thailand for the semi this year I scouted all the bars before hand asking for sky sports every bar said they had it and would show the football if on. When I got to bar on the day of the game I was told that its Hong Kong sky they have and football outside the premier league is rare instead it was all rugby :(

Hongkong Phooey
25-06-2013, 12:14 AM

Check out The Den in Beijing (near Hooters). It's a 24 hour sports bar so time won't be an issue and they seem to get lots of different country's games, although as others have said it all depends if its actually on tv!

Good luck mate.

cocteautwin
25-06-2013, 01:31 AM
No chance. The only thing to do would be to watch it on-line through the web site, if its even on there.

I second The Den though as a recommended drinking establishment if you are in Beijing.