PDA

View Full Version : Malta Hibs

Jones28
23-06-2013, 10:31 PM
In Malta at the moment and after my Hibs too being recognised by a few locals I seem to remember hearing about a Hibs pub/bar in Malta? Can anyone tell me if I'm right or wrong? :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
23-06-2013, 10:42 PM
There is a Hibernians supporters club.......if memory serves me right it's in Paola very near a Prison which is on Valletta Road (Triq II Belt Valletta). Not very helpful but gives you an idea. :tee hee:

Well worth a trip, they love it when us Hibees go visit. :agree:

Just googled and the prison is on that road which is in Paola. :agree: There is a square and the club is on one of the roads just off it.

hibbymikey
24-06-2013, 02:11 AM
In Malta at the moment and after my Hibs too being recognised by a few locals I seem to remember hearing about a Hibs pub/bar in Malta? Can anyone tell me if I'm right or wrong? :thumbsup:

been to malta 3 times myself, when i was 7, 8 and 13, i seem to remember many locals taking an interest in the hibs tops i would always wear abroad, seemed like many of the maltese followed Scottish Hibernian simply due to them supporting Hibernians over there.

Would love nothing more than an excuse for a week in malta to watch Hibernian take on Hibernians

superfurryhibby
24-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Seems a bit strange that we have never played them. If IRC they wear black and white stripes, the old Knghts of St John conection and that.

Spooky
24-06-2013, 07:05 AM
FrazeHFC is spot on with his Malts Hibs supporters club. They would love to see you.

As an aside - Reflections bar in Mellieha has a signed Hibs top which I sent, many moons ago - mainly because someone had given them a signed Hearts top (wasn't having that).

A bit later, George Stewart (Hibs captain in the 1979 cup final replays) phoned me at home one Sunday night from the bar. Joe Vella, the bar owner, had told him the story about the strip.

Still there, but has been moved further into the bar. Its a bit old now, with the "spaceship" badge.

Enjoy yourself in Malta.

Berwickhibby
24-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Not sure about any Hibs bars in Malta, but Munchies in Qwara is a Scottish Football Bar. I will be moving over to St Pauls Bay permanently next month. Back to UK tomorrow, I will miss the sun.

Miguel
24-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Went to them once in the Natipnal Stadium. Drew with, I think Sleima Wanderers..

Jones28
25-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Brilliant guys, thanks :thumbsup:

In marsaskala at the moment and hoping to go to Valletta for the day at some point so will definitely try and go the supporters club!

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Have a wee search of their fans on Youtube, quite impressed.

Notahappyhibee
25-06-2013, 08:56 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/jy8e4yqy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/a7uhanat.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/u8yvyvus.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/yvevu4yr.jpg

Jones28
26-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Right chaps, as luck would have it there is a European tie tonight! So me and 7 others are looking to go to the game. There isn't a great deal of info on the official website with regards to match tickets. Can we go assuming it would be all PATG and not a sell out?

Hopefully I'll manage to pop down to the ground today at some point to get more info. :flag:

frazeHFC
26-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Right chaps, as luck would have it there is a European tie tonight! So me and 7 others are looking to go to the game. There isn't a great deal of info on the official website with regards to match tickets. Can we go assuming it would be all PATG and not a sell out?

Hopefully I'll manage to pop down to the ground today at some point to get more info. :flag:

Not able to help with that sorry but wear Hibs tops to it if you have one with you and see what they all think. :thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
26-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Disappointing that they don't play in green colours but a strip similar to Newcastle.

http://www.hiberniansfc.org/Images/merchandise/Kits_001.jpg

http://www.hiberniansfc.org/display.aspx

JOD
26-06-2013, 09:48 AM

I would think the game will be in the national stadium which is outside Valletta and not easy to get to or back.Check the bus timetables.

Was there for a game in May -buy ticket at ground- great fun and enjoyed my beer while watching the game. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
26-06-2013, 10:20 AM

There it is on the bottom left of the picture. Dinnae ask me where it is though, I went passed it on a tour bus:wink:

Jones28
26-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Not able to help with that sorry but wear Hibs tops to it if you have one with you and see what they all think. :thumbsup:

I've worn it out and it's been recognised a lot! They know a lot about the Hibs and one guy had been to ER to see us play against Celtic

YehButNoBut
04-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Noticed the Malta Hibs are in action at the moment in the Europa Cup against Vojvodina from Serbia, think they'll be up against it.

Pity we couldn't have played them would've been good to see Hibernians v Hibernian. :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
04-07-2013, 04:35 PM
the Malta Barcodes....a crazy bunch!

YehButNoBut
04-07-2013, 04:54 PM
They're 2-0 down at HT so doubt we'll get them in a future round :greengrin

Quite happy as have Vojvodina in my accumulator.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Vojvodina won 4-1.

trev the hat
04-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Was Valletta not playing tonight as well
edit - just seen theyre 2-0 up away from home. optomistic possible future tie :-)

cabbageandribs1875
04-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Was Valletta not playing tonight as well
edit - just seen theyre 2-0 up away from home. optomistic possible future tie :-)

won 3-0

Jones28
06-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Cheers for the info guys, managed to get myself both a genuine and a knock off Hibernians strip! Didn't see any games though.