PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gus Poyet sacked live on air (merged)

Craig_in_Prague
16-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Suspend Poyet & assistant + coach.
(SSN)

Anyone know why ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Probably to do with the Everton job.

Beefster
16-05-2013, 07:48 PM
He went off on one at the weekend and was talking about considering his position. Presumably something to do with that.

LancashireHibby
16-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Probably to do with the Everton job.
Fulham, apparently.

Future17
16-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Suspend Poyet & assistant + coach.
(SSN)

Anyone know why ?

Short story; Poyet is a :boo hoo: gob***** who thinks he's bigger than the Club and destined for "better" things despite having achieved very little in the grand scheme of things.

Hovehibby
16-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Short story; Poyet is a :boo hoo: gob***** who thinks he's bigger than the Club and destined for "better" things despite having achieved very little in the grand scheme of things.

Very little, do you mean taking them from the bottom of league 1 to the championship playoffs???

jgl07
16-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Fenlon out Poyet in!

Future17
17-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Very little, do you mean taking them from the bottom of league 1 to the championship playoffs???

Yes I do as, like I said "in the grand scheme of things", that is very little.

Do you believe one promotion gives a manager the right to talk in the disrespectful manner Poyet has?

jacomo
17-05-2013, 12:10 PM

Do you believe one promotion gives a manager the right to talk in the disrespectful manner Poyet has?

Ouch... Are you a Brighton fan?

I'm surprised as he seemed to have a good relationship with the club but losing out on relegation seems to have affected him quite badly.

Hovehibby
18-05-2013, 02:44 PM

I was at the Amex on Monday and after the match all I heard from Brighton fans was that they were resigned to losing him to a premiership club, but glad he'd taken them so far in 3 years.

What he said may be seen in some quarters a being disrespectful, but IMO he's been treated badly by the brighton board for speaking his mind.

brog
18-05-2013, 03:16 PM
There's more to it than Poyet's comments. You don't suspend 3 people for one person's comments!

hfc rd
18-05-2013, 05:19 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4932293/Revealed-Brighton-poo-email.html

Jack Hackett
18-05-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4932293/Revealed-Brighton-poo-email.html

If that had happened at Easter Road, I'd have expected Pat Fenlon to react in the same manner as regards the 'poo' matter. Totally disgusting if true, and I support Brighton. The 'clappers' is a side issue. For the whole back room team to be suspended over this email is very very strange, and I think more of an excuse than anything else.

Jonnyboy
18-05-2013, 06:53 PM
No doubt the ***** has well and truly hit the fan

Jack Hackett
18-05-2013, 06:58 PM
No doubt the ***** has well and truly hit the fan

Sometimes, only a :facepalm: smiley will suffice....and we don't have one :greengrin

jacomo
18-05-2013, 07:41 PM

WTF?

Has this been verified in a credible news outlet?

P.S. if the marketing team did distribute those awful paper clapper things without discussing it with the boss then they all deserve to be sacked.

Iggy Pope
18-05-2013, 09:47 PM

The grand scheme? A few years back you didn't have a pot to piss in far less anywhere to call home. He is bigger than the club it would seem, and very probably destined for better things. Hope its not at Spurs as I quite like him.

WindyMiller
18-05-2013, 09:57 PM
WTF?

Has this been verified in a credible news outlet?

P.S. if the marketing team did distribute those awful paper clapper things without discussing it with the boss then they all deserve to be sacked.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/18/gus-poyet-fuming-excrement-crystal-palace

Mac
18-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Journalistic nonsense as per, I'm sure there is a X% being accurate but everything around it being more than a little fabricated, the last line gives that away, the link with poo then paper clappers distributed by the marketing department has a slight whiff, a spokesperson for the marketing department thinks this stinks!!! Oh dear

Jack Hackett
19-05-2013, 01:33 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/18/gus-poyet-fuming-excrement-crystal-palace

Clarity from the Guardian, rather than sensationalism from the Sun

Poyet, linked with moves to Fulham and Everton, was suspended by Brighton on Thursday over an unrelated alleged breach of contract, as was his assistant, Mauricio Taricco, and the first-team coach, Charlie Oatway. It is not suggested that any of the trio were involved in the dressing-room incident.

jacomo
19-05-2013, 06:35 AM

Clarity from the Guardian, rather than sensationalism from the Sun

:aok:

It does seem Brighton haven't suspended him for this, but perhaps for openly courting other clubs to make him an offer.

ScottB
23-06-2013, 07:54 PM
So Brighton have dismissed Poyet by announcing it on Twitter, while Gus is a pundit live on the BBC...

Pretty shameful behaviour really! For him to find out from the BBC Presenter on air.

VivaHiberña
23-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I get the impression they contacted him by phone then tweeted about it. Still a very bizarre interview.

Capt Mainwaring
23-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Poor old Gus Poyet. Sat in BBC 3 studio doing the punditry for the Spain Nigeria game and at half time BBC show him a statement from Brighton that he's been sacked. First he knew about it

Morals, professionalism and common decency alive and kicking in the Brighton and Hove Albion Board Room!

ScottB
23-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Even so, doing it when they know he is live on TV just seems like they were trying to embarrass the guy, what football club have ever sacked someone at 9pm on a Sunday night? Could have done it this morning or tomorrow morning...

Purehibee_MYB
23-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Oh wow.. Would love someone to post footage of this happening, I'm in canada right now so don't have the same coverage of the confederations cup!

HH81
23-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I reckon he already knew or had an idea it was game over?

silverhibee
23-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Even so, doing it when they know he is live on TV just seems like they were trying to embarrass the guy, what football club have ever sacked someone at 9pm on a Sunday night? Could have done it this morning or tomorrow morning...

Hibs like a Sunday night sacking. :greengrin

HH81
23-06-2013, 08:03 PM

Maybe they meant to do it this morning, forgot and then remember when they switched the game on.

Purehibee_MYB
23-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Never mind, found it myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RNOYRWs9xs

Capt Mainwaring
23-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Poyet says he's going to appeal but why would he want to work for a Board that have treated him so disgracefully?

Purehibee_MYB
23-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Poyet says he's going to appeal but why would he want to work for a Board that have treated him so disgracefully?

I think its more to clear his name of any wrong doing

Capt Mainwaring
23-06-2013, 08:11 PM
I think its more to clear his name of any wrong doing

Probably right. He'll find another club no probs. SkyBet now have him as favorite for the Newcastle job!!

coco22
23-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Never mind, found it myself!

at about 2:38 on the footage (cheers for posting because I'd missed it too) I had to rewind because I thought that Mark Chapman had forgotten to put his trousers on!

TRC
23-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Shame for him having to talk about it on the spot. I remember once a suit was in the bar I was managing and he was buying drinks on a company card all night. so eventually his card got declined so I phoned the number on the card they asked to speak to the customer and they told him to call his employers to sort it out, he did so and was fired there and then by his boss over the phone. Myself and all the staff were rolling on the phone with laughter.

InterviewLoI
23-06-2013, 08:16 PM
What did he do though?

cabbageandribs1875
23-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Shame for him having to talk about it on the spot. I remember once a suit was in the bar I was managing and he was buying drinks on a company card all night. so eventually his card got declined so I phoned the number on the card they asked to speak to the customer and they told him to call his employers to sort it out, he did so and was fired there and then by his boss over the phone. Myself and all the staff were rolling on the phone with laughter.

what size of phone was it :confused:

Big Sexy Dave
23-06-2013, 08:20 PM

macca70
23-06-2013, 08:46 PM
What did he do though?

From The Sun:

Boss Gus Poyet was suspended by the Seagulls after sending this rant to all staff following his team’s 2-0 Championship play-off second leg loss to Crystal Palace on Monday.
The Uruguayan found himself in the middle of a ‘Poodunnit?’ controversy as he tried to flush out the Seagull who pooped on the floor of the Eagles’ dressing room before kick-off.
He also blasted the club’s decision to distribute paper ‘clappers’ to home fans.
Poyet was suspended by Albion on Thursday night, along with his assistant Mauricio Taricco and first-team coach Charlie Oatway.
There is no suggestion any of the trio is responsible for the dressing-room incident.
Or that it is the reason for them being barred from Amex pending an investigation.
But Albion execs — who have threatened to call in the cops if the culprit does not hand himself in — are said to be furious with the email.
Poyet told all staff: “When Crystal Palace players and staff arrived to the Amex and went into their dressing room, they found themselves in a very uncomfortable situation.
“For some reason, someone had access to the away dressing room and done something terrible, trying to upset everyone related to Palace. To say it in clear English, someone had a ‘poo’ all outside the toilets, over and around the toilets.
“I am angry that someone within this club could endanger our good reputation and stoop so low. I would like someone to accept responsibility and resign.”
Poyet was also furious with the club for handing 28,000 paper clappers to home fans.
He wrote: “I would also like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to make sure that if you want to do something that can affect the game that perhaps you could do me the courtesy of seeking my approval first.”
Poyet added: “Would someone like to admit it was their idea to hand out stupid pieces of noise-making paper?
“I am not for one minute blaming the result on this, but it added only negative vibes to the proceedings.
“Whoever you are, you let the club down very badly.”
Poyet has been boss of Brighton since 2009 and won promotion from League One in 2011.
He guided them to a fourth-place finish in this season’s Championship before they lost to the Eagles.
His shock suspension has fuelled speculation that he is being lined up for a job elsewhere. He has been linked with the Everton vacancy.
Brighton last night refused to comment on Poyet’s email.
But SunSport understands the club’s Marketing department — who placed the clappers on 28,000 seats — are upset with the manager.
One member of staff said: “It was his tactics that lost the match and yet we feel we are being blamed for it. It stinks.”

lEXO
23-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I checked teletext during the first half and seen it on that. The chances are I knew before he did. That's a disgrace.

matty_f
23-06-2013, 09:48 PM
I checked teletext during the first half and seen it on that. The chances are I knew before he did. That's a disgrace.

You checked teletext? Looks like the 80's knew about it before Poyet then!!:greengrin

lEXO
23-06-2013, 09:55 PM
You checked teletext? Looks like the 80's knew about it before Poyet then!!:greengrin
:greengrin Well the red button on bbc, I still call it teletext. Just like I still call the worktop the bunker. :wink:

Hibtastic
23-06-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm still struggling to work out exactly what he has done wrong. Brighton should be ashamed of themselves.

Diclonius
23-06-2013, 10:50 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15614041

ScottB
23-06-2013, 10:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15614041

That was just before 6pm :wink:

Hibercelona
24-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Imagine crapping anywhere, other than on a lavy.

Do they have any Jambo's playing for them?

Jack Hackett
24-06-2013, 05:10 AM
Shocked, not by the sacking, but the tweet. It was odds on the sacking would follow the suspension. All that's surprising is the time it took. I'll be waiting for the real reason to decide on whether or not I'll be going to the Amex next season

Pretty Boy
24-06-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm still struggling to work out exactly what he has done wrong. Brighton should be ashamed of themselves.

Likewise.

He was rightly disgusted by the crapping on the floor incident and moaned about fans being issued with stupid things more suited to American sports.

Not sure what the sackable offence is.