PDA

View Full Version : Belgian football question

St.Kristopher
22-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Guys I am booking a stag do to Brussels in the first weekend of October and was planning on going to the anderlecht game, which is on their site as being at 8pm on the Saturday night (5th). However on the league site all the fixtures are down for the Thursday night. Can anyone help and let me know when the games are normally played?

Also is it fairly easy to get tickets for Anderlecht games?

HibbyDave
23-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Contact Anderlecht direct? Do they have a website?

Anyway, enjoy the trip. I am going there at end of Jan with agroup of 15 guys.

NOLA
23-06-2013, 11:48 AM
What made you choose brussels for the stag? Can think of a few more "wild" places to go ;)

j.higg
23-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Guys I am booking a stag do to Brussels in the first weekend of October and was planning on going to the anderlecht game, which is on their site as being at 8pm on the Saturday night (5th). However on the league site all the fixtures are down for the Thursday night. Can anyone help and let me know when the games are normally played?

I went to a couple of Europa League games a couple of years back when in Brussels. Easy to get there via the tram system and I just bought tickets from the Anderlecht ticket office at the stadium very easily. IIRC they ask for photo id when buying tickets. They normally play their league games on a Saturday night.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-06-2013, 07:48 PM
I went to a couple of Europa League games a couple of years back when in Brussels. Easy to get there via the tram system and I just bought tickets from the Anderlecht ticket office at the stadium very easily. IIRC they ask for photo id when buying tickets. They normally play their league games on a Saturday night.

Was going to say the same thing, sure we were asked for passports at a Brugge game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2013, 08:07 PM
What made you choose brussels for the stag? Can think of a few more "wild" places to go ;)

I've been to Brussels a few times and still don't understand the amount of folk that have a similar opinion, its a magic place to go for bevvy etc.

St.Kristopher
23-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I've been to Brussels a few times and still don't understand the amount of folk that have a similar opinion, its a magic place to go for bevvy etc.

Strangely enough since I chose Brussels so many people have said that. Spoke with a ex squaddie mate who said that it was one of the best nights out he had ever had. We really did not want the normal "wild" stag do that seems to be be the stereotypical flavour of the day. I just don't get the appeal of sitting in a room with your mates watching some woman who has probably been trafficked into the country against her will get her kit off.

So a city with bars with over 100 beers to chose from. Some decent touristy things for those that way inclined and a night time game on the Saturday. On top of that, all in it worked out far cheaper than anywhere else £150 for flights and a room in the centre of town, in the Sheraton. Vs. £200 just for accommodation in a 2 star Hotel in Colgne. It was a no brainer!

Some advice on good places to go in Brussels for a drink would be appreciated?

StevieC
23-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Brugge is better :wink:

As are the teams supporters. :flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Some advice on good places to go in Brussels for a drink would be appreciated?

The two most recent times I've been were on the way to Leuven last pre-season and for the Scotland game last year so place names are a bit vague! Next time I'm on the laptop I'll post up a link or two for you.

Leuven is about an hour away on the bus and well worth a visit too. IIRC the last bus back at night is at about 2330.

allezsauzee
23-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Brussels is magic but the fascination over a wee laddie taking a whiz is a bit weird

Sylar
23-06-2013, 08:59 PM
The beer in Brussels is well priced and delicious but I was there through the week for the first time and found it a very odd city indeed. It's a complete dichotomy between affluent importance and absolute ****hole with nothing in between.

The central square next to the town hall etc is beautiful and there are some really nice, lively pubs around. Very easy to get to and get around in, including out to Anderlecht.

danhibees1875
23-06-2013, 09:33 PM
The town centre is really nice, there is a pub near ish it called delirium(sp) that is really good.

If you want to see the city and learn a bit of history I'd recommend one of the free walking tours during the day. :agree:

Not sure abo:cbut clubs as we just hit a couple bars while we were there, maybe some sort of pub crawl may be an option?

DH1875
23-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Can you fly direct to Brussels from Edinburgh or Glasgow?

Sylar
23-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Can you fly direct to Brussels from Edinburgh or Glasgow?

Certainly from Edinburgh :agree:

DH1875
23-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Certainly from Edinburgh :agree:

Who's that with? Ryanair, easyjet....

pacorosssco
24-06-2013, 06:35 AM
sant gery is the best area for bars.

le bison (round the corner from o'reillys)

delerium cafe

le corbeau

a la mort subite

Leuven is worth a afternoon/day trip if your there for a few days(20 mins on train). Loads o bars round a square and student town.

Brussels is dodgy as don't go off track.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-06-2013, 08:38 AM
A la mort subite is a fine establishment, not sure its a stag do type venue though.

The bus suited me for Leuven as it stopped about 20yds from my Brussels hotel on Avenue Rogier (which is a predominatly a North African district of Brussels, the folk in the bars/cafes couldnae have been friendlier) and not much further from the action at the other end.

St.Kristopher
24-06-2013, 11:06 AM

BMI got it for £90 return.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-06-2013, 11:40 AM
A la mort subite is a fine establishment, not sure its a stag do type venue though.

The bus suited me for Leuven as it stopped about 20yds from my Brussels hotel and not much further from the action at the other end.

Further Info - A la mort subite (http://www.alamortsubite.com/ENG/info.html)

Some folk get a bit touchy about visiting "Irish" theme pubs, but, this is a decent place for a stag night to kick off with decent happy hour prices most of the day and plenty other bars close by, even if they are a bit touristy!

Celtica (http://www.celticpubs.com/celtica/celticabxl.html) is near Bourse tram stop (see map on the link).

HibbyDave
24-06-2013, 01:39 PM

Try Brussels airlines

Sylar
24-06-2013, 01:57 PM

I was flying from Edinburgh to Vienna and it was via Brussels with Brussels Airlines (operated by Lufthansa) :aok:

IFONLY
24-06-2013, 05:24 PM

I have sent you a p.m.