PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

GraniteCityHibs
22-06-2013, 08:45 AM
While I am enjoying the light entertainment from Tynecastle.

Do we have any indication of any new or potential signings for Hibs?

Happy with Craig and Tudor-Jones but i really want to know about strikers as replacements for Sparky n Doyle especially.

Aberdeen have been busy already and although we didnt clear out the same number of players they did, it would be nice to make more positive moves early on in a similar way.

Do we know the situation with Thomson or Claros?

Speedway
22-06-2013, 09:01 AM
We've signed Mcgivern as well. Pat was in the paper saying that he was wanting a couple more in before the first Euro tie.

GlenrothesHibee
22-06-2013, 09:10 AM
It's all gone quiet on the McMannus front. Anyone have any info on that rumour? I'm hoping and praying Pat has a striker lined up

Billy Whizz
22-06-2013, 09:12 AM
So last season's out of contract players/loans etc, who is likely to stay
Thomson ?
Claros?
Wotherspoon?
Deegan - gone
Done - probably gone
Maybury - possible deal
Murdoch ?

Missed anyone

ManBearPig
22-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Pope is only striker I've heard rumoured would be a capture as well

YehButNoBut
22-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Other strikers there have been rumours about are

Lyle Taylor
Liam Boyce
Michael Higdon
Adam Rooney
David Clarkson

ManBearPig
22-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Taylor is too inconsistent but wouldn't mind higdon

The Leith Dutch
22-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Other strikers there have been rumours about are

Lyle Taylor
Liam Boyce
Michael Higdon
Adam Rooney
David Clarkson

Barnsley apparently have a bid in for Higdon which would rule us out and I think I heard Middlesboro were interested in Lyle Taylor which if true would again rule us out.

I like the fact that Higdon is proven at SPL level and Lyle Taylor plays the kind of style I think we need.

Liam Boyce struck me as the sort of player Pat Fenlon would go for as soon as he was mentioned - not sure whether that's good or bad mind ;)
If he could make the step up could be an excellent dark horse of a signing......could also be a typical flat track bully who doesn't have it at the heady heights(!) of SPL level football.

Adam Rooney would be a very good signing I reckon - not heard any rumours anyone know if this one has legs?

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Barnsley apparently have a bid in for Higdon which would rule us out and I think I heard Middlesboro were interested in Lyle Taylor which if true would again rule us out.

I like the fact that Higdon is proven at SPL level and Lyle Taylor plays the kind of style I think we need.

Liam Boyce struck me as the sort of player Pat Fenlon would go for as soon as he was mentioned - not sure whether that's good or bad mind ;)
If he could make the step up could be an excellent dark horse of a signing......could also be a typical flat track bully who doesn't have it at the heady heights(!) of SPL level football.

Adam Rooney would be a very good signing I reckon - not heard any rumours anyone know if this one has legs?

I bloody hope so, i don't want another centre forward as mobile as Shefki Kuqi.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-06-2013, 10:23 AM
While I would guess that there are plenty activities in the background to iron out a deal for Sparky, there is no question that we need another forward. A decent signing will have a positive impact on the supporters who are just a wee bit unsure on whether to by a season ticket or not.

PeterboroHibee
22-06-2013, 10:38 AM
While I am enjoying the light entertainment from Tynecastle.

Do we have any indication of any new or potential signings for Hibs?

Happy with Craig and Tudor-Jones but i really want to know about strikers as replacements for Sparky n Doyle especially.

Aberdeen have been busy already and although we didnt clear out the same number of players they did, it would be nice to make more positive moves early on in a similar way.

Do we know the situation with Thomson or Claros?

Theyve signed the same number of players as us, and tbh Barry Robson, Willo Flood and Calvin Zola are hardly inspiring signings. United have signed a lot of players but they are all from the lower leagues, its a fair gamble, and no one else has really signed anyone.

We have a good squad, we just need players brought in for those key positions (striker) and then we will look quite strong in the SPL for next season imo.

brog
22-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Our strategy for signing a striker was based on hope we would be looking for a partner for LG. That strategy has to change now & the problem is most of our original targets were relatively inexperienced as of course are our 2 current options. I believe our top target always was Taylor but is he experienced enough to allow us to go for Boyce (or another unnamed Irish player) as his partner, that's the dilemma. We will sign 1 before Europe & almost certainly 2 before league programme starts.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-06-2013, 10:48 AM
wonder when Hearts are going in for Spoony?

.....oh, wait.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Need to get cracking on the striker front.

Looking forward to seeing who comes in.

Was thinking that I would have loved to seen a Griffiths and Sodje partnership if big Akpo had stayed

JeMeSouviens
24-06-2013, 07:35 AM
So last season's out of contract players/loans etc, who is likely to stay
Thomson ?
Claros?
Wotherspoon?
Deegan - gone
Done - probably gone
Maybury - possible deal
Murdoch ?

Missed anyone

Kujabi & Kuqi - both gone?
Doyle - gone
Griffiths - (99%) gone
Martin/Jimmy Scott was still on our books last season, is his contract up?

Rumours in - sure I read Sandaza was linked on here last week?

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Don't know if i'd like Sandaza. He was class at St J but hardly registered on the radar at greyskull.

500miles
24-06-2013, 07:50 AM
If we are going to get any return from our young players, we have to put a bit of faith in them. We need one foward who can score goals, maybe another looking to make the step up like Doyle, and we need to give Caldwell and Handling a chance to make an impact every week - they are at the stage where they need to be regular fixtures in the team.

brydekirk
24-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Jimmy Scott was on a 4yr deal, iirc

KWJ
24-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Need to get cracking on the striker front.

Looking forward to seeing who comes in.

Was thinking that I would have loved to seen a Griffiths and Sodje partnership if big Akpo had stayed

The big man's a free transfer once again after banging in 6 from 16 for Scunny last season. I wouldn't be upset to see him back and helping out Danny & Ross. Probably need someone else too though the likes of a Clarkson would probably compliment them.

Unseen work
24-06-2013, 07:59 AM

Unreal decision that he was given that long! Done nothin to prove himself good enough, scored a couple of not bad goals and does the dirty work but need far better IMO. Don't even think he got a game when he was at county on loan did he??

Deff need a striker tho!

Speedway
24-06-2013, 08:02 AM

3.5 but close enough.

Unseen work
24-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Don't know if i'd like Sandaza. He was class at St J but hardly registered on the radar at greyskull.

Positive alot of the fans hated him after he said to a taxi driver he was just their for the money? And that's why he was released iirc

24-06-2013, 08:13 AM
wonder when Hearts are going in for Spoony?

.....oh, wait.

Expect Boyd, Goodwilile and a few world cup stars to be arriving at tynecastle any day now. . . .

CRAZYHIBBY
24-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Wouldnt touch sandazza with a barge pole after the way he left rangers.......we've had far too many bad pros at hibs over the last few seasons

The Leith Dutch
24-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Wouldnt touch sandazza with a barge pole after the way he left rangers.......we've had far too many bad pros at hibs over the last few seasons

Spot on.

Fortunately I don't reckon Fenlon will touch him either - he's spent too long turning that dressing room into one full of good attitudes and proper pros to drop someone like Sandaza in there.

cabbageandribs1875
24-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Positive alot of the fans hated him after he said to a taxi driver he was just their for the money? And that's why he was released iirc

it was an 'opportunist' sacking, if he had scored a barrowload of goals for the buns i doubt very much he would have been sacked for getting duped by a taxi driver :)

JeMeSouviens
24-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Spot on.

Fortunately I don't reckon Fenlon will touch him either - he's spent too long turning that dressing room into one full of good attitudes and proper pros to drop someone like Sandaza in there.

Has he done anything other than being duped into saying (in private) that he was only at the Huns for the money? Why did you think he was there? :confused:

Unseen work
24-06-2013, 08:39 AM
it was an 'opportunist' sacking, if he had scored a barrowload of goals for the buns i doubt very much he would have been sacked for getting duped by a taxi driver :)

Very good point.... Any chance he could start giving some of the hibs players a lift? ;D

SMAXXA
24-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Has he done anything other than being duped into saying (in private) that he was only at the Huns for the money? Why did you think he was there? :confused:

I agree, some posts are a bit OTT IMO, he got duped and was silly to do so but hes hardly committed the crime of the century, has he hurt anyone, other than his own pride and reputation, not IMO. If we did sign him id be delighted to be honest. Besides he was only saying what we all knew why he went to the huns anyway, wasn't anything new :wink:

The Leith Dutch
24-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Driving ban while playing with St Johnstone due to being twice the legal limit.
Aside from the booze element it reeks of a big shot attitude.

Also the way he handled the sting - wasn't just admitting it was only for the money.....he was actively pushing a sneaky agenda (reminded me a bit of the John Higgins sting where he was so pro-active it said more about him as a character than just the evidence itself).

Edit: I do get that players are just there for the money but you can do that in a professional way and you can do that in an unprofessional way. Sandaza for me is the latter.

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Driving ban while playing with St Johnstone due to being twice the legal limit.
Aside from the booze element it reeks of a big shot attitude.

Also the way he handled the sting - wasn't just admitting it was only for the money.....he was actively pushing a sneaky agenda (reminded me a bit of the John Higgins sting where he was so pro-active it said more about him as a character than just the evidence itself).

Edit: I do get that players are just there for the money but you can do that in a professional way and you can do that in an unprofessional way. Sandaza for me is the latter.

:agree:

Danny Handling has a far better record at that level than him to boot.

Unseen work
24-06-2013, 09:01 AM
:agree:

Danny Handling has a far better record at that level than him to boot.

I can see him really excelling this season for us! Wouldn't b shocked if he got about 10 goals

Him Caldwell and Harris all seem to have a very good understanding of each other too

Deek01
24-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Tweet from Luke Shanley "@LukeShanley: Aberdeen confirm @GreggWylde has signed a three year contract with the club". That'll be that rumour dead then.

The Leith Dutch
24-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Tweet from Luke Shanley "@LukeShanley: Aberdeen confirm @GreggWylde has signed a three year contract with the club". That'll be that rumour dead then.

First off I think Wylde looks a good wee player.

That said from a Hibs perspective I'd like us to be looking for a right winger as I feel Harris is better on the left and, while he's not a winger, we've signed Liam Craig who's a left midfielder.

A big concern is that Aberdeen now have Johnny Hayes (who's a right winger iirc) and Wylde which is a very dangerous looking combination. I have a feeling they may be the team to beat if we have high end of the table aspirations......

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-06-2013, 09:31 AM

That said from a Hibs perspective I'd like us to be looking for a right winger as I feel Harris is better on the left and, while he's not a winger, we've signed Liam Craig who's a left midfielder.

A big concern is that Aberdeen now have Johnny Hayes (who's a right winger iirc) and Wylde which is a very dangerous looking combination. I have a feeling they may be the team to beat if we have high end of the table aspirations......

For a team perilously close to financial danger (rumoured) they are are fair bashing out the signings. Aberdeen now have a pretty formidable team. Front four of McGinn, Zola, Hayes and Wylde.

Wylde, Zola, Flood and Robson. Not bad.

As previously mentioned we need two strikers asap. Its worrying our lack of fire power.

TheFamous1875
24-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Really can't see too many people scoffing at a front 3 of Hayes, McGinn and Wylde.

(On paper of course!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GlenrothesHibee
24-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Rumours circulating that Higdon has signed for us

bingo70
24-06-2013, 09:39 AM

circulating where?

Higdon won't be signing for us, i feel pretty certain about that

green glory
24-06-2013, 09:40 AM

Sauce?

The Leith Dutch
24-06-2013, 10:17 AM
As previously mentioned we need two strikers asap. Its worrying our lack of fire power.

I'd like to strengthen all over but if we sort out these three I'd be feeling positive about next season:

Two Strikers (as you say a must) - one with experience and a decent SPL track record ideally.
Even if Caldwell and Handling come on I think we need different options and cover as I'd doubt they can do 90 minutes of every game and we may get injuries (very lucky with Sparky last season up till the final at least)
Could maybe even go for one striker and one out and out attacking centre mid.

Right midfield or a Right winger.
If I'm being greedy then I'd like a right winger who is more of a tricky player than just pace and who could swap to the left. Probably way more than we can get but (with having Harris) it would allow us to switch if we thought one style of wing play might get more out of the opposing Full back.

A right back.
A fit again Clancy would probably make this a nice to have rather than a must

Andy74
24-06-2013, 10:23 AM
circulating where?

Higdon won't be signing for us, i feel pretty certain about that

Barnsley said on Friday that they have given up on signing him. Wonder who he is heading to?

bingo70
24-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Barnsley said on Friday that they have given up on signing him. Wonder who he is heading to?

Don't know but after i read the above story about rumours circulating he's joining us i checked that football-rumours website and it appears the rumours appear to have originated from there which straight away means he won't be joining us.

It's actually quite a usefull website for ruling out pish rumours.

Cocaine&Caviar
24-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Stephen Dobbie playing off a Michael Higdon would be class.

Leishy1995
24-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Stephen Dobbie playing off a Michael Higdon would be class.

Where did Stephen dobbin come from? This can't be a hibs rumour

allezsauzee
24-06-2013, 11:14 AM
How about Lee Miller? Been playing for Carlisle and he is now out of contract.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-06-2013, 11:33 AM

No. didn't like him then, haven't heard squat about him since. Saying that his scoring record is ok.

Squealing pig
24-06-2013, 11:34 AM

I said this a week ago can I take the credit if he signs

24-06-2013, 12:56 PM

Would love to see that happen but highly highly doubt it tbh.

Seveno
24-06-2013, 01:09 PM
A Saints fan that I know says that we are talking to Rowan Vine. He's usually good on inside information from Perth. Talking to and signing are, of course, not necessarily the same.

Andy74
24-06-2013, 01:14 PM
A Saints fan that I know says that we are talking to Rowan Vine. He's usually good on inside information from Perth. Talking to and signing are, of course, not necessarily the same.

I think Vine might be out of contract? He's had a tricky past but I think he looked a good player last year. Wouldn't be unhappy with him.

SlickShoes
24-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I think Vine might be out of contract? He's had a tricky past but I think he looked a good player last year. Wouldn't be unhappy with him.

He certainly ripped our defence apart last time he was at easter road.

Love the Green
24-06-2013, 01:20 PM
I said this a week ago can I take the credit if he signs

SIGNED a 1 year deal with Carlisle this week

"keep the faith"
:flag:

Teapot
24-06-2013, 01:35 PM
For a team perilously close to financial danger (rumoured) they are are fair bashing out the signings. Aberdeen now have a pretty formidable team. Front four of McGinn, Zola, Hayes and Wylde.

Wylde, Zola, Flood and Robson. Not bad.

That is a really strong midfield and attack on paper. I rate McInnes as a manger as well, think they will be a force next year.

I agree re strikers. If we want to compete against malmo (I'm presuming it will be them) we could do with the strikers in as soon as possible to bed them in. Also we could do with sorting out the claros/thomson situation.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-06-2013, 02:28 PM
That is a really strong midfield and attack on paper. I rate McInnes as a manger as well, think they will be a force next year.

I agree re strikers. If we want to compete against malmo (I'm presuming it will be them) we could do with the strikers in as soon as possible to bed them in. Also we could do with sorting out the claros/thomson situation.

I'll probably get shot down by the 'have patience, be sensible crew' but our signings should be being prepped as we speak.

Anything other than this isn't good enough given we knew we'd be playing Euro football and now know without question we are down our two first choice strikers.

JimBHibees
24-06-2013, 02:28 PM

He is out of contract, as per this list. Has always been a good player.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/227250-the-99-spl-players-available-on-a-free-at-the-end-of-the-season/

Billy Whizz
24-06-2013, 02:29 PM
He is out of contract, as per this list. Has always been a good player.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/227250-the-99-spl-players-available-on-a-free-at-the-end-of-the-season/

Was he not a £1 million transfer once?

Audio Visual
24-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Was he not a £1 million transfer once?

So was Tom Soares.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-06-2013, 02:40 PM
And Hans Eskilsson.

SkintHibby
24-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I'll probably get shot down by the 'have patience, be sensible crew' but our signings should be being prepped as we speak.

Anything other than this isn't good enough given we knew we'd be playing Euro football and now know without question we are down our two first choice strikers.

Every year Hibs drag their heels and end up feeding off the scraps. The lethargy at the way Hibs go about signing new players is soooo depressing.:boo hoo:

J-C
24-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Every year Hibs drag their heels and end up feeding off the scraps. The lethargy at the way Hibs go about signing new players is soooo depressing.:boo hoo:

TBH it's only strikers we've not got in and in al honesty knowing Doyle was going and Griffiths too, the striking department should have been made a priority. It was good getting Craig and Jones in but midfield want the problem at the end off the season.

IanM
24-06-2013, 03:08 PM
TBH it's only strikers we've not got in and in al honesty knowing Doyle was going and Griffiths too, the striking department should have been made a priority. It was good getting Craig and Jones in but midfield want the problem at the end off the season.

it's not like we're missing out on anyone cause the strikers 'available' still are 'available'

as long as Pat & co are taking this time to identify the right people for the job i'm happy to sit back and wait, still plenty time before a competitive match is played

FifeHibernian
24-06-2013, 03:10 PM

We've already signed Craig and OTJ mate.

Last Minute
24-06-2013, 03:11 PM
and mcGivern

cloudy
24-06-2013, 03:40 PM
I'd take Mullen and Wilson, renew KT and Spoony and sign Higdon to play up top with Danny Handling or Paul C just off him

DH1875
24-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Two strikers are a must. Even if their not going to play every week, we need them in the door with three of them going out the door in the first place.

Speedway
24-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Hibs are going about their business very quietly as usual.

From sources on here that have a good track record, we can assume that the following players have been approached:

KT
Claros
Boyce
Vine
Mullen
Goncalves
McGovern

I don't know of any back up for the McManus, Wilson, Higdon or Miller rumours.

SkintHibby
24-06-2013, 04:15 PM

And quietly until the last minute panic sets in then we sign an "Alan O'Brien" superstar!

You all know the song by now.:rolleyes:

Bobo
24-06-2013, 04:16 PM

Leeds are meant to have been interested in Higdon for a while now so, if true, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there.

Unseen work
24-06-2013, 04:18 PM

From sources on here that have a good track record, we can assume that the following players have been approached:

KT
Claros
Boyce
Vine
Mullen
Goncalves
McGovern

Goncalves that was at st mirren? Looked good couple of times I seen him last season, troubled defence alot!

brog
24-06-2013, 04:34 PM
And quietly until the last minute panic sets in then we sign an "Alan O'Brien" superstar!

You all know the song by now.:rolleyes:

You need to calm down, I've been critical of the board in the past but this season they've done everything right. All the efforts were channelled, rightly IMO, to signing LG on a permanent basis. There were various options to sign a partner for LG but now that avenue's closed we're looking for 2 new players & there are now different options/permutations as to who they can/will be. We can't go for 2 more inexperienced players so looking for experience first then pursue other options already talked about here. I believe we will have 1 in before Europe & almost certainly 2 before league starts.

snooky
24-06-2013, 04:40 PM

Hun pal of mine says Wylde is a one trick pony.
In a way, so was Ivan and his one trick worked well first time around.

NOLA
24-06-2013, 06:00 PM
just realised our target Liam Boyce plays for Cliftonville, their game against celtic is bound to be available to watch someplace so we can all hae a butchers at how good or pony he really is :aok:

Eternal Hibbie
24-06-2013, 06:11 PM
just realised our target Liam Boyce plays for Cliftonville, their game against celtic is bound to be available to watch someplace so we can all hae a butchers at how good or pony he really is :aok:

Celtic daft apparently - "everyone where I come from is" on today's STV news sport section.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

NAE NOOKIE
24-06-2013, 06:15 PM

Not much good to us seeing as how the two legs of that game are in the same weeks as we are due to play Drogheda or Malmo. Any strikers we are looking at need to be in place before then. I would imagine the lure of playing in that game will keep him hanging around Cliftonville for a few more weeks in the hope that a decent display will attract the interest of bigger clubs than us.

If we had any interest in him in the first place that is.

FromTheCapital
24-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Wylde signed for Aberdeen on a three-year deal today...

Eyrie
24-06-2013, 06:56 PM

Celtic daft apparently - "everyone where I come from is" on today's STV news sport section.

Based on that we can forget signing him until after he's had a chance to play Septic in Europe.

Speedway
24-06-2013, 07:01 PM

Scenario: Boyce plays poorly
.net reaction: FFS Fenlon, typical bargain basement substandard pish #wemournleigh

Scenario: Boyce plays well
.net reaction: That'll be him out of our price range now, why didn't we sign him earlier? #PETRIE!!!!!!!!

mutley
24-06-2013, 08:23 PM

I know it seems like that, but the message coming from ER is that they are always working hard to identify players that are right for us. Every year we seem to miss out on the targets we want, in guess that's due to money offered by RP. But to be fair, as frustrating as it seems, this is why we are not in the same position as our neighbours. It is a little different this year as we should have our first team training for Europe, do I can only hope that there are 2 strikers on the verge of signing.

As we all know too well, Hibs always leave the announcements to the last minute.

Gordy M
24-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Is there a cut off date when players have to be signed for, to be eligible for the europa cup tie?

ian cruise
24-06-2013, 08:39 PM
.net reaction: FFS Fenlon, typical bargain basement substandard pish #wemournleigh

.net reaction: That'll be him out of our price range now, why didn't we sign him earlier? #PETRIE!!!!!!!!

Indeed, it will be another "we should have signed Boyce when Hibs were offered him for 150k" FACT.

NOLA
24-06-2013, 09:33 PM

zactly, hes either pish or we cant afford him :greengrin

hfc rd
24-06-2013, 09:34 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. It's simply going to be 1 scenario or the other.

DH1875
24-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Based on that we can forget signing him until after he's had a chance to play Septic in Europe.

Based on that, he can do one. We need the new strikers in before the Euro game or we can forget about going ant further.

The Sea-gull
25-06-2013, 07:36 AM
I know, I know bed wetter etc but it would be good if for once we did the bulk of our business early so that most of the squad had a full preseason together. I know we have signed two players (three I suppose if we count McGivern) but we need a few more.

I know folk are on holidays etc but that hasn't stopped Aberdeen assembling what looks like a decent collection of signings as well as hanging on to their top man from last season. I know Aberdeen have appeared to have done good business many times in the past but I law of averages says they will get it right eventually and this could be the year.

What are everyones hopes and expectations for more new additions?

Hopes - an experienced centre half, a right back (sounds like that will be Fraser Mullen which would for me mean no need to resign Maybury), resigning Thomson and Claros if not then two new midfielders or promote youth and two new strikers.

Expectations - sounds as though we'll sign Mullen, we'll get a centre half of some description, gut feeling is we'll resign one of KT or Claros and we'll sign one new striker.

Players out - not sure if it has been fully announced who has gone but Deegan is def away, expect Wothersppon to go as well along with more obvious departures like Done, Kujabi and Kuqi. Can't see room for Maybury if we sign Mullen.

Just feel if we are taking Europe seriously we should have had more players in by now.

Hoping the season will see Harris continue his form, Cairney return to his form of the first half of last season and Craig to continue where he left off at St Johnstone. This would at least see us have a bit more creativity about us than we had at the end of last season.

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Been mentioned on previous thread. I am also a bed wetter.

SMAXXA
25-06-2013, 07:39 AM
]I know, I know bed wetter etc but it would be good if for once we did the bulk of our business early so that most of the squad had a full preseason together. I know we have signed two players (three I suppose if we count McGivern) but we need a few more.
[/B]
I know folk are on holidays etc but that hasn't stopped Aberdeen assembling what looks like a decent collection of signings as well as hanging on to their top man from last season. I know Aberdeen have appeared to have done good business many times in the past but I law of averages says they will get it right eventually and this could be the year.

Hopes - an experienced centre half, a right back (sounds like that will be Fraser Mullen which would for me mean no need to resign Maybury), resigning Thomson and Claros if not then two new midfielders or promote youth and two new strikers.

Expectations - sounds as though we'll sign Mullen, we'll get a centre half of some description, gut feeling is we'll resign one of KT or Claros and we'll sign one new striker.

Players out - not sure if it has been fully announced who has gone but Deegan is def away, expect Wothersppon to go as well along with more obvious departures like Done, Kujabi and Kuqi. Can't see room for Maybury if we sign Mullen.

Just feel if we are taking Europe seriously we should have had more players in by now.

Hoping the season will see Harris continue his form, Cairney return to his form of the first half of last season and Craig to continue where he left off at St Johnstone. This would at least see us have a bit more creativity about us than we had at the end of last season.

To be fair, what other SPL teams have been very active other than Aberdeen as you correctly mention. I am comfortable where we are at the moment and I believe we will have some good news to announce by the end of the week, chillax :wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-06-2013, 07:40 AM
There was chat previously about some of the lower league strikers around christmas time.

Doesnt seem to be mentioned anymore. Just thought it would be good with one experienced striker (Higdon, Concalves et al) and a proven lower league striker pre Nicky Clark.

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Happy with the additions so far. I'd rather trust the young lads to be honest to fill the squad and challenge for the first team. Although an experienced striker would be nice.

Brightside
25-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Europe wont be high on the agenda as ever it is all about the league. I'll be surprised if we sign any other defenders now (im assuming we'll pick up the young jambo). I expect one striker signing, and one loan signing. Would like to see those players in this week though.

The Leith Dutch
25-06-2013, 08:02 AM
There was chat previously about some of the lower league strikers around christmas time.

Doesnt seem to be mentioned anymore. Just thought it would be good with one experienced striker (Higdon, Concalves et al) and a proven lower league striker pre Nicky Clark.

I reckon one experienced striker plus one lower league player is exactly what Fenlon will be looking for.

The lower league player is a bit of a roll of the dice I guess as you can never quite tell whether they'll make the step up ok.

Quite interested to see what style(s) of players he goes for - Griffiths was an easy player to fit in as he tended to create a lot of his own goals as well as score them.

Not sure we would work with a poacher unless there's a big improvement in the rest of our attacking play to create chances - hopefully Liam Craig helps with that both scoring and providing.

I'd like to see us get someone who played the way Lyle Taylor played against us in the semi final.

Maybe not Taylor himself though as I reckon that would be an expensive roll of the dice ;)

NorthNorfolkHFC
25-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I reckon one experienced striker plus one lower league player is exactly what Fenlon will be looking for.

The lower league player is a bit of a roll of the dice I guess as you can never quite tell whether they'll make the step up ok.

Quite interested to see what style(s) of players he goes for - Griffiths was an easy player to fit in as he tended to create a lot of his own goals as well as score them.

Not sure we would work with a poacher unless there's a big improvement in the rest of our attacking play to create chances - hopefully Liam Craig helps with that both scoring and providing.

I'd like to see us get someone who played the way Lyle Taylor played against us in the semi final.

Maybe not Taylor himself though as I reckon that would be an expensive roll of the dice ;)

There may be a little bit cash lying about due to Leigh not signing so Taylor may be an option.

Taylor and Goncalves/Boyce might be good.

JimBHibees
25-06-2013, 08:47 AM

KT
Claros
Boyce
Vine
Mullen
Goncalves
McGovern

Who is McGovern? Not the Falkirk goalie?

Cocaine&Caviar
25-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Have to say, pretty intimidated by the prospect of:

Langfield
Considine - Anderson - Reynolds - Shaughnessy

Jack - Flood - Robson - Wylde

McGinn - Zola

However, saying that, Motherwell look much weaker for next season.

jodjam
25-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Europe wont be high on the agenda as ever it is all about the league. I'll be surprised if we sign any other defenders now (im assuming we'll pick up the young jambo). I expect one striker signing, and one loan signing. Would like to see those players in this week though.

Totally agree about Europe. St Johnstone made a loss in Europe last year so we will be building a team for the league first and foremost. We wont make group stages so no point chasing that dream through silly and rushed signings. We do need another striker in but if its not before Europe then its no great problem. We have strengthened the side already and given the financial nature of our league then I would reckon our business in the market is nearly done.

Big season for the younger players this season. I reckon we will do just fine.

Andy74
25-06-2013, 09:59 AM
I know, I know bed wetter etc but it would be good if for once we did the bulk of our business early so that most of the squad had a full preseason together. I know we have signed two players (three I suppose if we count McGivern) but we need a few more.

So, Hibs sign 3 good players before the end of the previous season almost and still get abuse for not doing business early.

As ever, it's easy to ctiticise but not quite so easy to get the right players that you want in for the long term, at timing that suits us, especially when you start weeks earlier than most others in football.

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Langfield

McGinn - Zola

Aberdeen needed that though, although not concerned about Robson, they were absolutely honking against us in that game at ER post split.

Northernhibee
25-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Aberdeen needed that though, although not concerned about Robson, they were absolutely honking against us in that game at ER post split.

I still think that the problems with Aberdeen lie beyond the playing squad, think they'll start out strong again and fall away this season.

MyJo
25-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Aberdeen emptied a heck of a lot of players and needed drastic action to be taken to build a squad for this season and thats why they are doing business so rapidly this season.

We have signed 3 players already, made attempts at getting Griffiths and are on the verge or signing our 4th player (Mullen) with deals on the table for Thomson & Claros according to the rumour mill and we only started pre-season training less than a week ago.

Pat has already spoken of the need to get strikers in the door and im confident that he is working on that now that Griffiths isnt going to be back (before the end of August anyway) but i would rather we took the time to get the right players in rather than just taking what is available because we can get them in early. at least 1 striker this week would be good to get them in and ready for the European Games but im happy with the business the club has done so far this summer.

Billy Whizz
25-06-2013, 11:07 AM

Langfield

McGinn - Zola

Good starting 11, not sure they've got much outside that though

number9dream
25-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Lots of players across the globe will be contracted to 1 July, including some of our own.
Hibs will have been busy lining up targets, along with every other team, so we'll just need to be patient for a wee while yet.

Not ideal when we are likely to be playing Malmo on 18 July - they are 13 games into their season and have only lost once - but that's the reality of dealing in the free transfer market.

Players will be keeping their options open and agents using offers to try and spark interest elsewhere to eke out a few more quid.

It sounds a bit disrespectful that a guy like Maybury doesn't appear to know if he's staying or not but I guess it's sensible, if a bit harsh, to keep him dangling in case we can't get the players we are after.

Think we'll see three or four new faces before too long...

allezsauzee
25-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Good starting 11, not sure they've got much outside that though

Is Zola any good? I've never seen him play

LeighLoyal
25-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Good that the Sheep are adding some decent players for a change.

Devilstorment
25-06-2013, 11:43 AM

Done really well at Chelsea

allezsauzee
25-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Ha Ha that was his dad was it no? :greengrin

joe breezy
25-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Done really well at Chelsea

Shame he's given up his managerial career but great that he's still got the legs for it

allezsauzee
25-06-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't know what his contract situation is but i think Chris Johnston at Kilmarnock is a decent player for the future and would be worth signing.

IWasThere2016
25-06-2013, 12:06 PM
I reckon we'll have new players in this week/weekend. Our start is looming and didn't PF talk about getting players in earlier than before.

Andy74
25-06-2013, 12:16 PM
I reckon we'll have new players in this week/weekend. Our start is looming and didn't PF talk about getting players in earlier than before.

We have already done, but he's also talked about working hard to get people in but that they need to be the right players for the long term. I doubt we'll have too much happening until we get into July.

cam75
25-06-2013, 12:31 PM
What about the winger from Portugal was tha Christmas or last summer?

DH1875
25-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I know I keep saying it but 2 new strikers are a must and the sooner we get them in, the better.

LeighLoyal
25-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Is Kujabi's deal about finished? That would be another wage out the door, so Kuqi, Kujabi, Deegan, Spoon, Maybury, Leigh, Doyle, Done... all out the door with only Craig and Jones added.

pontius pilate
25-06-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm in agreement with DH we need 2 strikers and quickly particularly with the European draw being made. Hopefully PF is onto this and has a master plan to be unveiled next mon?

StevesFamau5
25-06-2013, 01:48 PM

Watched him over both legs of league two semi final playoffs and yes he is big strong and surprisingly skilful at that level which means he will do well at spl level (I'll take pelters for this but league two and spl are pretty similar). If he is given time he will be effective but he is slightly lazy at times if the team are not giving him the ball

Unseen work
25-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew the latest on him?

Couple of people were saying we had held talks etc but had all went a bit quiet lately

Cheers

JimBHibees
25-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Langfield

McGinn - Zola

Not at all intimidated by that defence or goalkeeper.

Leishy1995
25-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Pedro santos?

Craig_in_Prague
25-06-2013, 03:09 PM
I quite like Paul Heffernan at Killie... any idea if he is under contract still ?

Looks a proper # 9, i.e. takes up good positions and can bury the baw

HibeeMG
25-06-2013, 03:14 PM

And the big defender with the mullet that we had on trial. I think he was playing in Scandanavia somewhere.

Unseen work
25-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Not at all intimidated by that defence or goalkeeper.

Think it's more likely

Langfield
Jack Anderson Reynolds. Shaugnessy/Robertson

Hayes flood Robson wylde

McGinn. Zola

On paper looks very promising for them

ManBearPig
25-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I quite like Paul Heffernan at Killie... any idea if he is under contract still ?

Looks a proper # 9, i.e. takes up good positions and can bury the baw

Total agree would be ideal capture

Speedway
25-06-2013, 06:43 PM
And the big defender with the mullet that we had on trial. I think he was playing in Scandanavia somewhere.

Fraser Mullet?

brydekirk
26-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Fenlon on fishy site. Looking to bring in a couple of new faces by Monday, before leaving for the summer training camp.
Players with SPL experience.

steakbake
26-06-2013, 06:19 AM
Can I be the first to ask whether Hibs are looking at Adam Le Fondre yet, or even the Showumni brothers?

ScottB
26-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Can I be the first to ask whether Hibs are looking at Adam Le Fondre yet, or even the Showumni brothers?

Paddy McCourt, Reyes and Hernan Crespo are waiting in the wings...

CRAZYHIBBY
26-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Stephen mcmanus on way to motherwell according to newsnow

Since90+2
26-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Fenlon on fishy site. Looking to bring in a couple of new faces by Monday, before leaving for the summer training camp.

Higdon.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Higdon.

Hot scoop?

CallumLaidlaw
26-06-2013, 07:10 AM

Well one will be Mullen

PeterboroHibee
26-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Well one will be Mullen

Hes only played about 8 games, not the most experienced SPL player!

If the other player is a striker I will be happy enough with that though, we have the majority of a good squad there for the Europa league games, and there would still be time to add the one or two additional players before the window closes.

Purehibee_MYB
26-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Hes only played about 8 games, not the most experienced SPL player!

If the other player is a striker I will be happy enough with that though, we have the majority of a good squad there for the Europa league games, and there would still be time to add the one or two additional players before the window closes.

Spot on. Don't want to panic buy just for Europa League, much rather get a decent core set up for the European games then make a few additions in good time

Speedway
26-06-2013, 07:24 AM

If Fenlon is saying something that specific on the fishy, the deals are already done.

YehButNoBut
26-06-2013, 07:33 AM

If Mullen is one the other could be any from Sutton, Sandaza, Higdon (would be great) or even Dobbie.

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Two signings: To be announced later in week i reckon will be Fraser Mullen and a striker (no idea). I think it might be John Sutton. Would love to be proved wrong.

brydekirk
26-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Higdon.

& McCourt, would be a good start.

NOLA
26-06-2013, 08:28 AM

Maybe we can sing "paddy McCourts fenian army" ;)

brydekirk
26-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Maybe we can sing "paddy McCourts fenian army" ;)

Fill yer boots mate, not for me though.

number9dream
26-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Has McCourt ever played 90 mins in an SPL game?
Barely kicked a ball in last two years: lifestyle issues have seen his talent go to waste.
Think we've missed a trick in not going for SPL-ready wide players Doran & Vigurs. Here's hoping wee Pat has a few aces up his sleeve.

LeighLoyal
26-06-2013, 09:42 AM
A couple of relative marquee signings might help with the season book numbers they're after, and not the bums discussed yesterday.

SMAXXA
26-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Swanson? :dunno:

Leishy1995
26-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Excited now. We have news

bingo70
26-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Swanson? :dunno:

Definately been interest in him before, have you heard if we're interested again?

Heisenberg
26-06-2013, 09:59 AM

Do we?

bingo70
26-06-2013, 10:01 AM

what news?

Leishy1995
26-06-2013, 10:06 AM
If Fenlon says we with have signings by Monday, that is news

Gmack7
26-06-2013, 10:25 AM
If Fenlon says we with have signings by Monday, that is news

Aye OLD news

Kato
26-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Aye OLD news

It's news about news.

18/03/07
26-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Heard a while ago we were interested in Mullen/Mcguire/Clarkston,1st name seems to be correct so far

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Heard a while ago we were interested in Mullen/Mcguire/Clarkston,1st name seems to be correct so far

Who is McGuire?

nribs
26-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Who is McGuire?
Chris McGuire??

SMAXXA
26-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Definately been interest in him before, have you heard if we're interested again?

Na Bingo, not heard anything, this was just a thought of mine

brog
26-06-2013, 11:45 AM
A couple of relative marquee signings might help with the season book numbers they're after, and not the bums discussed yesterday.

Players discussed yesterday on this thread included; Taylor, Goncalves, Boyce, Thomson, Claros, Vine, Mullen, Clarkson, Sutton & Higdon. Do you classify all of these as bums or do you just think how can I be negative ( euphemism ) today?

Heisenberg
26-06-2013, 11:50 AM
[/B]Players discussed yesterday on this thread included; Taylor, Goncalves, Boyce, Thomson, Claros, Vine, Mullen, Clarkson, Sutton & Higdon. Do you classify all of these as bums or do you just think how can I be negative ( euphemism ) today?

Aye...but...Deek and Gaz are available for free don't you know.

Wilson
26-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Aye...but...Deek and Gaz are available for free don't you know.

Did someone say bums? ;-)

Le_God
26-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I've heard that were looking at Joe Gormley and Liam Boyce from Cliftonville

DH1875
26-06-2013, 02:05 PM

Nah he wouldn't. Don't know why so many guy's want us to sign him :confused:

Who is McGuire?

You don't want to know :tee hee:

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Nah he wouldn't. Don't know why so many guy's want us to sign him :confused:

You don't want to know :tee hee:

Wouldn't be keen for mcGuire but then again I've not been impressed by many of the names banded about for our strikers job.

deeks01
26-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I assume it is Chris Maguire being talked about here? Former Aberdeen? My mate really rated him at Killie when he was there on loan but if IIRC said he was better on the right wing than as a striker. That is if I am remembering correctly.

18/03/07
26-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Chris McGuire??

Not sure of the spelling,but ex sheep,scored a cracker for Scotland under 21's at ER

frazeHFC
26-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Maguire should be so much better than he is. Got into the Aberdeen first team relatively early but over 3/4 years hardly progressed at all.

scoopyboy
26-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Scoopyboy understands Hibs are speaking to / have signed an ex striker of ours.

Anybody hearing similar?

Andy74
26-06-2013, 06:30 PM

Anybody hearing similar?

Marc Libbra finally back?

Or maybe just Stephen Dobbie.

SteveHFC
26-06-2013, 06:30 PM

Anybody hearing similar?

Valdas Trakys?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

Purehibee_MYB
26-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Valdas Trakys?

I actually rated him, well thought he deserved more of a run in the team. I'm probably the only one though!

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Are the miller rumours starting again?

Heisenberg
26-06-2013, 06:35 PM
I actually rated him, well thought he deserved more of a run in the team. I'm probably the only one though!

His performance at Ibrox was majestic. Utterly useless at shooting but he won headers and held it up well. Also knocked out Sasa Papac IIRC.

Edit; Can't see it being Riordan. O'Connor has had his chance and blew it. Dobbie might be a realistic shout, or maybe not as Palace could be taking him on a perm deal and if that dosent happen he'd easily get a championship club. Can't think who else it could be?

SteveHFC
26-06-2013, 06:35 PM

Fantastic striker who should have been given a new 5 year deal :thumbsup:

Willis1875
26-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Hope it's no Colin nish

hfc rd
26-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Anybody hearing similar?

Akpo Sodje? Stephen Dobbie?

Westie1875
26-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Kenny Miller?

brog
26-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Anybody hearing similar?

I would love it to be the Dobster but reckon its unlikely. I saw him at Brighton & Palace last season & he was excellent. He's not really a striker now though, for him to be effective he would need to play off a target man. Anyway, intriguing as ever Scoopyboy!

BarneyK
26-06-2013, 06:42 PM
It's clearly Ricardo Vaz Te :whistle:

3pm
26-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Chris Killen.

ehf
26-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Marc Libbra finally back?

Or maybe just Stephen Dobbie.

Got to be Dirk "Porn Star" Lehmann :wink:

Speedway
26-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Would things get windy if we signed him by any chance?

YehButNoBut
26-06-2013, 06:52 PM

Anybody hearing similar?

Sparky :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
26-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Clayton Donaldson?

YehButNoBut
26-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Would things get windy if we signed him by any chance?

Must be Kenny Miller then. :greengrin

Col2
26-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Anthony Stokes? (Maybe why he hasn't signed Celtic contract?)

Craig_in_Prague
26-06-2013, 06:55 PM
where is Cat.
I would be delighted if Kenny signed.

Northernhibee
26-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Valdas Trakys?

You've got me cheering a ****ing duck.

Congratulations.

Speedway
26-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Let it be the ex Hibs and Falkirk marksman, Tam Showumni!

Speedway
26-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Or Amadou-do-do

Hibby70
26-06-2013, 07:00 PM
How big do you reckon Barry Lavety is these days?

Speedway
26-06-2013, 07:03 PM
How big do you reckon Barry Lavety is these days?

Baaaaarry Lavety, he puts the ball in the net-y

Hibby70
26-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Baaaaarry Lavety, he puts the ball in the net-y

And a kebab in his gobby

hibeequinn
26-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Its steven fletcher woop woop :)

Dunderhall
26-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Tam McManus, we're trying the chaser downer tactics again.

Minder
26-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Deano, there is only one Deano.

scoopyboy
26-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Sorry boys (n girls) had to nip oot and get stuff for laddie's school dinner.

Put a couple of feelers out, be back on before 9 wi ma findings.

SteveHFC
26-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Sorry boys (n girls) had to nip oot and get stuff for laddie's school dinner.

Put a couple of feelers out, be back on before 9 wi ma findings.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m98yb5xuLr1rtg1p5.gif

LancsHibs
26-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Hurry up, cant take the suspense!

Northernhibee
26-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Lee Power?

SmithyHibee
26-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Paco Luna?!

Heisenberg
26-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Phil Airey keen to come back and prove himself IMO.

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Really really really hoping it's Kenny Miller! He would score 15-20 for us next season! :agree:

HibbyAndy
26-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Dean Shiels maybe

Hermit Crab
26-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Really really really hoping it's Kenny Miller! He would score 15-20 for us next season! :agree:

I have my doubts mate. Opinions eh. ;)

sleeping giant
26-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Hope its Sparky , Donaldson , Dobbie or Miller :-)

easty
26-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Bjarni Larusson?

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Anyone feeling a let-down about to be on the cards?...Haha

BarneyK
26-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I have my doubts mate. Opinions eh. ;)

I'm thinking that's optimistic as well. That said, I do think he would help Handling and Rossco to a fair few goals, so all good.

leither17
26-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Chris killen

sleeping giant
26-06-2013, 07:45 PM

Nish ? :-)

Hermit Crab
26-06-2013, 07:45 PM

It's not miller.

sleeping giant
26-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Chris killen

He must be getting on a bit now ? Cannae be him.

Hermit Crab
26-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm thinking that's optimistic as well. That said, I do think he would help Handling and Rossco to a fair few goals, so all good.

Yes. Don't think it's Miller though

SteveHFC
26-06-2013, 07:48 PM
It's Steve Pinau :greengrin

sleeping giant
26-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Scoopyboy , cheers.
I'll be on this thread all night now :-)

HibeeMcGinn1
26-06-2013, 07:50 PM
It's not miller.

That's it done then

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Scoopyboy , cheers.
I'll be on this thread all night now :-)

He's got us all hooked now mate, thankfully it's only 1pm here in California! :greengrin

Hermit Crab
26-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Interesting.

@Agent_868: Sources claim Jackie McNamara was spotted having lunch with free agent Danny Wilson, in St. Andrews today #DUFC

SteveHFC
26-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Hurry the **** up. :greengrin

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ee3dCptY1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

conway1875
26-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Hope it is someone with a bit of experience, my choice would maybe be higdon. Think a few of the other names like Miller would do a good job on the park but could be even more valuable of it to the like of Caldwell and handling

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Would also be delighted if it was Stephen Dobbie, but I'm not sure what the lightly hood of that is? Trying to think of the Ex Hibs strikers that are currently free agents as that's probably how we'll be approaching this signing. Could be wrong mind you..

LancsHibs
26-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Hope it is someone with a bit of experience, my choice would maybe be higdon. Think a few of the other names like Miller would do a good job on the park but could be even more valuable of it to the like of Caldwell and handling

Supposed to ex Hibs mate!

California-Hibs
26-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Yes, I will give an update, even if it's to say I know no more than I do now.:greengrin

Good man! :thumbsup:

sesoim
26-06-2013, 11:37 PM

We need a couple of reliable goalscorer, one who can header the ball, and the other who can do all the running Griffiths done. Miller was always a good runner, but he is 33 now, and his goalscoring record has been very poor lately.

Having said all that, I can just imagine us playing Malmo with a 4-5-1 with Miller upfront, with us struggling to score and still leaking goals through the same old Hanlon/McPake mistakes. The next few days will be interesting in terms of finding out whether Fenlon is capable of fixing all (or any of) the problems in the team before Europe starts.

LeighLoyal
26-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Miller would defo excite me to go watch Hibs, although I can't see it happening. A target guy like a Killen would defo be the ideal foil.

Diclonius
27-06-2013, 01:12 AM
So.. Killen and Mullen announced this week? :dunno:

brydekirk
27-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Pedro Miguel martins santos, left winger.

Speedway
27-06-2013, 07:04 AM
What of him?

SouthMoroccoStu
27-06-2013, 07:07 AM

Mentioned on the bounce rumour page 2 days ago

Looking at him or not

brian6-2
27-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Think big Chris Killen would still do us a turn.

Would still like to see us make a move for David Clarkson though.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-06-2013, 07:24 AM
I genuinely feel we need 2 senior proven strikers

We got very luck last year with Leigh s strike rate.

The young guys have great quality and it will be great to see them get more game time.

But we can't bank on them - especially if the rumours are true - we are signing a striker with an injury record.

A bad knock and we can be in really trouble

CRAZYHIBBY
27-06-2013, 07:41 AM
I reckon we should just sign all the baldwins

Andy74
27-06-2013, 07:49 AM

Is this not the guy Fenlon said he'd never heard of six months ago?

SheriffLobo
27-06-2013, 07:55 AM

Well at least he has heard of him now....

brydekirk
27-06-2013, 08:06 AM

Yes, he's popped up again, probably just a rumour.

SMAXXA
27-06-2013, 08:06 AM
So Suttons away to Well and sandaza's away to Romania, gota love the rumour threads lol

Cocaine&Caviar
27-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Thinking outside the box, going for Stefan Scougall, kicked out the Hibs academy for being too small, magnificent little player.

1875er
27-06-2013, 08:40 AM
I reckon we should just sign all the baldwins

Mike and Alma???

NOLA
27-06-2013, 08:46 AM
mike and alma???

lmao

SlickShoes
27-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Thinking outside the box, going for Stefan Scougall, kicked out the Hibs academy for being too small, magnificent little player.

Looks a bit overweight to me.

Eternal Hibbie
27-06-2013, 09:25 AM
We need a couple of reliable goalscorer, one who can header the ball, and the other who can do all the running Griffiths done. Miller was always a good runner, but he is 33 now, and his goalscoring record has been very poor lately.

Having said all that, I can just imagine us playing Malmo with a 4-5-1 with Miller upfront, with us struggling to score and still leaking goals through the same old Hanlon/McPake mistakes. The next few days will be interesting in terms of finding out whether Fenlon is capable of fixing all (or any of) the problems in the team before Europe starts.

Totally agree with that.

Still very soft in central defence, manager(s) appear oblivious to it.

Celtic camp said after the cup final that they worked on crosses to the back post as they knew we were unable to defend them.

Straightforward really.

maturehibby
27-06-2013, 09:25 AM
I saw on BBC site that George Francomb has signed for Wimbledon

J-C
27-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Totally agree with that.

Celtic camp said after the cup final that they worked on crosses to the back post as they knew we were unable to defend them.

Straightforward really.

All to do with coaching and positioning, I've said for long enough it was always a weak spot for us, McPake and Hanlon are constantly out of position and then have to either rush back to cover or dive into challenges to make up. Hopefully with Nicholl arriving, his defending experience and maybe Maybury getting his coaching badges, this area can be looked at.

Andy74
27-06-2013, 09:34 AM
All to do with coaching and positioning, I've said for long enough it was always a weak spot for us, McPake and Hanlon are constantly out of position and then have to either rush back to cover or dive into challenges to make up. Hopefully with Nicholl arriving, his defending experience and maybe Maybury getting his coaching badges, this area can be looked at.

Yeah we get that you don't think Fenlon can coach.

J-C
27-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah we get that you don't think Fenlon can coach.

Give it a ****ing rest will you, show me any of my posts where I said Fenlon can't coach, I think you'll find none :confused: I have said for long enough that our defending has been the weak point of the team and this is the area we should be looking at, not ****ing rocket science. Jimmy Nicholl was an international defender and if his experience can aid Fenlon in this department all the better.

SMAXXA
27-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Give it a ****ing rest will you, show me any of my posts where I said Fenlon can't coach, I think you'll find none :confused: I have said for long enough that our defending has been the weak point of the team and this is the area we should be looking at, not ****ing rocket science. Jimmy Nicholl was an international defender and if his experience can aid Fenlon in this department all the better.

To be fair mate I read your post and to me it did imply that now Jimmy is in we will be able to coach defenders, something that implies you don't think we could do before i.e. Pat or Liam.

Gordy M
27-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Totally agree with that.

Straightforward really.

As soon as we are linked with a couple of strikers then its the centre of defence thats the problem, yet two weeks ago we had people complaing that Fenlon had no clue because we were linked with a couple of centre halfs and that we needed strikers!! Im sure pf is well aware of our weaknesses and budget permitting will address both areas. Just because we are linked with a player for a certain position doesnt mean that they are not working to improve other areas!!

J-C
27-06-2013, 09:45 AM
To be fair mate I read your post and to me it did imply that now Jimmy is in we will be able to coach defenders, something that implies you don't think we could do before i.e. Pat or Liam.

Well to be fair our defence has been poor and the one area that hasn't improved much since Fenlon came in, we were poor there under Calderwood and still are, still the same schoolboy errors etc. No ones perfect and maybe Fenlon realises he needs help and defence was the one department where we were still struggling to get right.

We have decent defenders, who on their day can hold it with any team in the SPL, it's just the regular errors made that lets them down.

JimBHibees
27-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Well to be fair our defence has been poor and the one area that hasn't improved much since Fenlon came in, we were poor there under Calderwood and still are, still the same schoolboy errors etc. No ones perfect and maybe Fenlon realises he needs help and defence was the one department where we were still struggling to get right.

We have decent defenders, who on their day can hold it with any team in the SPL, it's just the regular errors made that lets them down.

Is there anything that a coach can do about players making regular errors?

Pray4Marc
27-06-2013, 10:37 AM
From a source inside Easter Road, will not reveal the names of the players but they are at Easter Road as I speak. Killen is not one of them for the record. Someone get down to Easter Road!.

:wink:

JimBHibees
27-06-2013, 10:42 AM
From a source inside Easter Road, will not reveal the names of the players but they are at Easter Road as I speak. Killen is not one of them for the record. Someone get down to Easter Road!.

Go on, you know you want to. :greengrin

Any clues?

ManBearPig
27-06-2013, 10:44 AM

Oh u tease... is that deeks training I see?

sambajustice
27-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Go on, you know you want to. :greengrin

Any clues?

A defender possibly?

Andy74
27-06-2013, 10:45 AM

At Easter Road? Wouldn't be the usual thing.

Pray4Marc
27-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I am trying to get the info out of them as wee speak, not Higdon or Boyd. All I could get is he is an English lad, my source has been with his agent all morning. Mullen is not part of this as he is a done deal.

YehButNoBut
27-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Kenny Miller & McManus

ManBearPig
27-06-2013, 10:53 AM
An english striker currently un happy with club..... maybe Wayne?