PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Borderhibbie76
21-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Great news if Collins agrees terms....now a strong centre half is a must

Fergus52
21-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Great news if Collins agrees terms....now a strong centre half is a must

Would rather have a right winger!

NOLA
21-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Any new signing rumours, or am I on the wrong thread :confused:

We don't deal in rumours, we deal in FACTS.

Aldo
21-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Would rather have a right winger!

We have a right winger and his name is Alex Harris!

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2013, 01:55 PM

He's a better left winger in my opinion, although that is based on the very few games he's played in the first team.

When he came on against Malmo, he opened them up from the left a couple of times, and set up a glorious chance at the end for us, very similar to their 2nd goal, but alas we failed to convert it.

Aldo
21-07-2013, 01:58 PM
He's a better left winger in my opinion, although that is based on the very few games he's played in the first team.

When he came on against Malmo, he opened them up from the left a couple of times, and set up a glorious chance at the end for us, very similar to their 2nd goal, but alas we failed to convert it.

G he's a winger- left or right. Personally think the wages would be better spent in a CH at the mo now we have a CF sorted. Or getting Harris tied down to a long contract.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2013, 02:09 PM
G he's a winger- left or right. Personally think the wages would be better spent in a CH at the mo now we have a CF sorted. Or getting Harris tied down to a long contract.

I know what you are saying, and he could go on to be a terrific right winger for us, but i think left side is his best. Plus he and McGivern were beginning to get a decent understanding, with McGivern playing him in some fantastic balls that resulted in goals.

I agree we need a CH, but we also need another winger too imo, i'm not convinced Danny Handling is the answer there, after all he is a centre forward by all accounts.

Fergus52
21-07-2013, 02:18 PM

We only have three wide players competing for two spots.

Cairney and Craig both seem more effective centrally anyway, and all three look stronger on the left than on the right.

McPake, Hanlon, Mcgivern, Forster and Clancy can all comfortably play CB.

Aldo
21-07-2013, 02:26 PM
I know what you are saying, and he could go on to be a terrific right winger for us, but i think left side is his best. Plus he and McGivern were beginning to get a decent understanding, with McGivern playing him in some fantastic balls that resulted in goals.

I agree we need a CH, but we also need another winger too imo, i'm not convinced Danny Handling is the answer there, after all he is a centre forward by all accounts.

Fair Do's hopefully we have captured JC signing and then another couple to follow.

Leishy1995
21-07-2013, 02:32 PM

I agree on Harris, seems much better on the left in my opinion

HibeeBigFly
21-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Would like us to bid for Stefan Scougall, Craig Sibbald and get Tony Watt on loan. :cb

Borderhibbie76
21-07-2013, 03:20 PM
We only have three wide players competing for two spots.

Cairney and Craig both seem more effective centrally anyway, and all three look stronger on the left than on the right.

McPake, Hanlon, Mcgivern, Forster and Clancy can all comfortably play CB.

Sadly mate, mcpake hasnt looked comfortable at CH for quite some time...much as i admire him i fear his best days are,well behind him...sadly!!

Fergus52
21-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Sadly mate, mcpake hasnt looked comfortable at CH for quite some time...much as i admire him i fear his best days are,well behind him...sadly!!

He played the majority of last season through injury and on painkillers.

If he can get past his injuries I'd like to see him given another chance.

Speedway
21-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Back when I said that Fenlon was looking to bring in 4, it may be if interest to know that at that point in time it was a CH, a midfielder and TWO strikers. That may have changed but if Collins arrives, I still wouldn't discount the possibility of another forward coming in, even for a further transfer fee.

West hamBERNIAN
21-07-2013, 03:47 PM
i would like to think james' form will pick up, a lot of his performances last season were blamed on injuries. if we could get him back to his best he'd be up there with best defenders in the league.although i imagine theres not many holding their breath. Forster also has looked excellent since coming in and at times last season hanlon really impressed.cant help but think bringing in another defender now could hold forster and hanlon back(still young for a CB) on top of that, we've shown time and again the CB's that we can afford to bring in are poor anyway. when was the last time everyone was happy with a defender? doumbe? personally i would like a couple more attacking players from maybe 1st 2nd division.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-07-2013, 03:54 PM
I'd really like to see us sign Buaben or Gomis.

Shrekko
21-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Back when I said that Fenlon was looking to bring in 4, it may be if interest to know that at that point in time it was a CH, a midfielder and TWO strikers. That may have changed but if Collins arrives, I still wouldn't discount the possibility of another forward coming in, even for a further transfer fee.

Not of interest at all - you couldn't possibly have had that specific information at ANY time.

SaulGoodman
21-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Not of interest at all - you couldn't possibly have had that specific information at ANY time.

Why's that?

Speedway
21-07-2013, 04:31 PM
not of interest at all - you couldn't possibly have had that specific information at any time.

fact!

sixtwo
21-07-2013, 04:38 PM
I reckon we will sign Adam Virgo this week

HibbyAndy
21-07-2013, 04:42 PM

How ?..Is it written in the stars ??.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Where did you pluck that name from?

Col2
21-07-2013, 05:02 PM

Yup. Makes sense given speculation we have had with some players. If we get Collins we are still light in striking dept especially given Vine can play behind the striker(s) or wide left.

I hope it's a right sided midfielder/winger.

My wish list would be:-

Collins
Griffiths
Webster (i know I know)
McCourt

We would be odds on top 3 with those additions.

Speedway
21-07-2013, 05:09 PM
No Claros Col?

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2013, 05:13 PM
No Claros Col?

Any word Speedway? Would be over the moon if we kept hold of him.....

Speedway
21-07-2013, 05:15 PM
No idea how close we are but he's been a priority all summer.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-07-2013, 06:12 PM
No idea how close we are but he's been a priority all summer.

Would love it if we brought Claros back.

Thecat23
21-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Claros deal still on the table, from what his agent has said.

Big Sexy Dave
21-07-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm told young Danny Carmichael ripped Hearts apart today - was a target for Pat last year/season, however I think he signed a new contract for Queens. If money is in the pot, please Pat, please.......make an offer, pay a fee and sign this young talent up :aok:

I've heard Killie's put a bid in for him. Not got a clue how much or how they can make a bid when their ****ing skint.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2013, 06:20 PM

Is he the ex Celtic guy?

Big Sexy Dave
21-07-2013, 06:21 PM

Would rather sign John Virgo.

Aldo
21-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Yup. Makes sense given speculation we have had with some players. If we get Collins we are still light in striking dept especially given Vine can play behind the striker(s) or wide left.

I hope it's a right sided midfielder/winger.

My wish list would be:-

Collins
Griffiths
Webster (i know I know)
McCourt

We would be odds on top 3 with those additions.

Col - I'd be happy with that lot.
If we get them i think you should sit in a bath of Spaghetti hoops??

No honestly if we could even get Webster and McCourt I'd be happy

Aldo
21-07-2013, 06:22 PM

Money of sort must be there for PF to spend! Any whispers?

Col2
21-07-2013, 07:35 PM
No Claros Col?

I know we have been interested for a while and I personally rate him but I just think we have to many central midfielders. But he has sell on value and no doubting his quality.

I just think we are short in creativity and on the right side with spoony away. I know we have Harris but I haven't seen anyone else play on right effectively.

I totally agree with you about two more strikers eg Collins + 1 other as we were SO dependant on Sparky last year who was prolific and always fit.

YehButNoBut
21-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Not a rumour but there has been some talk about these 2 recently and both are free agents just now, both are midfielders so we are probably well covered in this area, of the 2 the Prince would be the best bet as he is only 25 although Gomis still only 28 so hardly past it. :greengrin

We do need a creative midfielder IMO would any of these 2 fit the bill??

Morgaro Lima Gomis (born 14 July 1985) is a Senegal international (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegal_national_football_team) footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football) who is currently without a club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgaro_Gomis

Prince Buaben (born 23 April 1988 in Akosombo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akosombo)) is a Ghanaian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana) professional footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football), who is currently a free agent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Buaben

Unseen work
21-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Not a rumour but there has been some talk about these 2 recently and both are free agents just now, both are midfielders so we are probably well covered in this area, of the 2 the Prince would be the best bet as he is only 25 although Gomis still only 28 so hardly past it. :greengrin

We do need a creative midfielder IMO would any of these 2 fit the bill??

Morgaro Lima Gomis (born 14 July 1985) is a Senegal international (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegal_national_football_team) footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football) who is currently without a club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgaro_Gomis

Prince Buaben (born 23 April 1988 in Akosombo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akosombo)) is a Ghanaian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana) professional footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football), who is currently a free agent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Buaben

Think of the 2 gomis is the more creative player. Really wouldn't see the point in signing either tbh though we have alot of quality and quantity in centre mid and IMO would b a wasted wage when other positions are a priority

West hamBERNIAN
21-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Think of the 2 gomis is the more creative player. Really wouldn't see the point in signing either tbh though we have alot of quality and quantity in centre mid and IMO would b a wasted wage when other positions are a priority

would be delighted with mccourt and scougall. providing we sign james collins. best form of defence is attack and all that. :agree:

YehButNoBut
21-07-2013, 08:23 PM
would be delighted with mccourt and scougall. providing we sign james collins. best form of defence is attack and all that. :agree:

McCourt played as a trialist for Peterborough yesterday and looks likely to sign for them.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/on-trial-target-paddy-is-keen-to-hold-court-at-london-road-1-5306621

West hamBERNIAN
21-07-2013, 08:31 PM
McCourt played as a trialist for Peterborough yesterday and looks likely to sign for them.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/on-trial-target-paddy-is-keen-to-hold-court-at-london-road-1-5306621
:boo hoo:

SteveHFC
21-07-2013, 08:34 PM
21 Jul 2013 18:35:55
James collins, morgaro gomis and adam virgo to sign this week.:greengrin

Scònaldò
21-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Get Adam Virgo tae **** brw.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-07-2013, 09:31 PM
21 Jul 2013 18:35:55
James collins, morgaro gomis and adam virgo to sign this week.:greengrin

Where you getting this from?

SteveHFC
21-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Where you getting this from?

Football rumours ;)

gegs70
21-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Well they sound decent signings but we have a few midfielders. A pacy winger like swanson would be good though

jabis
21-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I see what you did there,you clever chap.

:fishin:

Etenal Hibbie,come back,I was only joshing :fenlon

Hermit Crab
23-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Gone very quiet on the old rumour front.

truehibernian
23-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm hearing we are in for Lewis Toshney from Celtic again - just got a text just now. Was he not mentioned previously or am I confusing Ryan O'Leary ?

Anyway, apparently Pat's keen on him - defender who was with Dundee last season.

PeterboroHibee
23-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm hearing we are in for Lewis Toshney from Celtic again - just got a text just now. Was he not mentioned previously or am I confusing Ryan O'Leary ?

Anyway, apparently Pat's keen on him - defender who was with Dundee last season.

Id be a bit disappointed if we signed Toshney. Dundee were a shambles at times last season, and let in some ridiculous goals. Also, if McPake is going to struggle again this season, I dont really like the idea of all our CBs being really young guys when he is out - Hanlon would be the senior CB at 23.

I think we need someone a bit older and more established brought in (not that that is always the right way to go, O'Hanlon being key example, but I do think we need more experience in defence).

Dibben
23-07-2013, 11:25 AM

This one has been rumoured for a while...

Can't see where he plays in defence!

The Sea-gull
23-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Id be a bit disappointed if we signed Toshney. Dundee were a shambles at times last season, and let in some ridiculous goals. Also, if McPake is going to struggle again this season, I dont really like the idea of all our CBs being really young guys when he is out - Hanlon would be the senior CB at 23.

I think we need someone a bit older and more established brought in (not that that is always the right way to go, O'Hanlon being key example, but I do think we need more experience in defence).

:agree: 100.

Waste of time signing another centre back in his early 20s. Especially one who has been tossed about on loan and doesn't really have that much experience. One who was in the defence for a team who finished bottom of the league last season too.

The centre half we need to sign is another Jame McPake type in terms of experience and committment except one who isn't prone to fitness problems, concentration lapses and just general poor defensive play on as regular a basis as McPake appears to be.

Eternal Hibbie
23-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Etenal Hibbie,come back,I was only joshing :fenlon

Never been away buddy.

But I'm still confused ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hermit Crab
24-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Any more signings then?

gegs70
24-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Is Webster still unattached? Loads of experience...

YehButNoBut
24-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Is Webster still unattached? Loads of experience...

He had been training with Killie but don't think he has signed for anyone yet.

SlickShoes
24-07-2013, 09:45 AM
He had been training with Killie but don't think he has signed for anyone yet.

Didn't our resident Killie fan post to say he's been training with them but hadn't actually played any friendly games or anything yet due to injury?

nribs
24-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Didn't our resident Killie fan post to say he's been training with them but hadn't actually played any friendly games or anything yet due to injury?

Yet still gets in the Scotland Squad?

YehButNoBut
24-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Webster has been linked with a return to Rangers, so could sign for them in September as he'll be a free agent.

IWasThere2016
24-07-2013, 10:21 AM

We are NOT in for Toshney again. 100% NOT.

truehibernian
24-07-2013, 10:26 AM

Fair play TQM, text came from a coach at a first division club - can't say I've ever really noticed the player or heard good/bad reports. I'm more concerned at the top end of the pitch than the back anyway - very concerned. A monumental lack of pace and creativity in the Hibs squad as it stands. Short of at least 4 quality attack minded players in my opinion.

Aldo
24-07-2013, 10:41 AM

That **** fur that.

SaulGoodman
24-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Who are we in for then? Come on, geez a clue! :wink:

IWasThere2016
24-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Who are we in for then? Come on, geez a clue! :wink:

Defo NOT Toshney :wink:

SaulGoodman
24-07-2013, 10:52 AM

:greengrin

Aldo
24-07-2013, 10:57 AM

Naughty man ?? :-O

gegs70
24-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Webster has been linked with a return to Rangers, so could sign for them in September as he'll be a free agent.

And yet he is in the scotland squad..

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Webster would be a great signing for Hibs, his moves and career path suggests he is governess by money more than most.

For that reason Petrie will most likely be out on this one unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Aldo
24-07-2013, 11:21 AM
I would be more than happy if we signed Webster

DH1875
24-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I would be more than happy if we signed Webster

Would have thought that if we were serious on McManus then Webster would also be a good option.

Speedway
24-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Griffiths has been given the number 9 shirt at Molineux.

gegs70
24-07-2013, 01:05 PM

And yet he is in the scotland squad..

SaulGoodman
24-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Griffiths has been given the number 9 shirt at Molineux.

Which means he's definitely signing for us, right?

..right? :paranoid:

silverhibee
27-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Santiago Nunez is now without a club, worth a shout, yes/no. :cb

Dombie
27-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Isn't he the guy from the goal movies?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Isn't he the guy from the goal movies?

That was santiago munez, what a player :wink:

AngusHibby
28-07-2013, 12:55 PM
My mate text me saying we're in for a millwall centre back called Karleigh Osborne.

Emerald
28-07-2013, 12:57 PM
My mate text me saying we're in for a millwall centre back called Karleigh Osborne.

Kelly Osborne I heard :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 01:07 PM

He is really quick for a centre back.

Andy74
28-07-2013, 01:10 PM
He is really quick for a centre back.

Going back to Brentford I think.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Going back to Brentford I think.

Well that'll be that then.

Mikey
28-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Well that'll be that then.

Just like "that'll be that then" when Huddersfield were said to be interested in Collins?

Wilson
28-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Just like "that'll be that then" when Huddersfield were said to be interested in Collins?

Aye but that was that then then. This is that then now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 01:20 PM

Were they actually interested though? Thought it was just rumours.

Mikey
28-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Were they actually interested though? Thought it was just rumours.

Are Brentford actually interested?

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2013, 01:25 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7898089/

13 league appearances last season, and can also play right back.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Are Brentford actually interested?

I dont know, Andy74 said he was probably going to them.

Clarence
28-07-2013, 01:33 PM
:agree: 100.

The centre half we need to sign is another Jame McPake type in terms of experience and committment except one who isn't prone to fitness problems, concentration lapses and just general poor defensive play on as regular a basis as McPake appears to be.

So exactly like McPake but with none of his attributes. It's a bit of a strange situation but I know what you mean. If we had another experienced pro at the back then he would be able to concentrate on his own game more rather than worrying about the less experienced/out of position guys around him.

hibIBZ
28-07-2013, 01:34 PM
So exactly like McPake but with none of his attributes. It's a bit of a strange situation but I know what you mean. If we had another experienced pro at the back then he would be able to concentrate on his own game more rather than worrying about the less experienced/out of position guys around him.

Andy Webster?

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2013, 01:37 PM

I'd say we need a completely different type of player to McPake. We need a central defender who is comfortable on the ball, one who can read a game, one with a bit of pace who does not need to launch himself into last ditch tackles all the time.

We need a footballer.

TheFamous1875
28-07-2013, 01:40 PM
W should always spend our highest amounts of money on the spine. We did that with McPake, but for now that is looking to be a mistake. So, unfortunately from him, we need someone in to give him and Hanlon competition. Someone who can read the game, defend, and lead. It would be good for the whole team to have a trusted and tried pro at the back. Obviously not Sauzee, but someone who's been around and proved they can do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

YehButNoBut
28-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Whatever happened with that Collins chap, did he sign for anyone?? :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I see Mark Wilson, Andy Webster and Tom Hateley are still without clubs. Would love hibs to sign two out of the three.

Franck Stanton
28-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I see Mark Wilson, Andy Webster and Tom Hateley are still without clubs. Would love hibs to sign two out of the three.

Personally I would like us to sign all thre

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Personally I would like us to sign all thre

Same:agree: but knowing us that wont happen :(

hungryhibs
28-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Same:agree: but knowing us that wont happen :(

would be good if we did as there decent players andy webster would be a cracking signing

Time For Heroes
28-07-2013, 11:10 PM

Those 3 additions would be brilliant IMO.
Would make us very competitive

CallumLaidlaw
28-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Webster, Hately, Claros and a left winger would be my (fantasy) wish.

This team would do well I feel

Williams

Hately Webster Hanlon McGivern
.............Claros Thomson
Harris..........Craig..........New player
...................Collins

With Jones, Clancy, Mullen, Forster, Handling, Taiwo, Stevenson, Caldwell & Vine all to call on.

Time For Heroes
28-07-2013, 11:25 PM
1 upfront?
Surely we need 2 minimum?
All this long ball nonsense doesn't work 442 for me, one holding midfielder and one further forward to create more chances.

Andy74
29-07-2013, 07:13 AM
1 upfront?
All this long ball nonsense doesn't work 442 for me, one holding midfielder and one further forward to create more chances.

What long ball nonsense?

PeterboroHibee
29-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Webster, Hately, Claros and a left winger would be my (fantasy) wish.

This team would do well I feel

Williams

Hately Webster Hanlon McGivern
.............Claros Thomson
Harris..........Craig..........New player
...................Collins

With Jones, Clancy, Mullen, Forster, Handling, Taiwo, Stevenson, Caldwell & Vine all to call on.

That defence looks looks a lot stronger than what we have now. If Webster signed and stayed fit, Id have him alongside Forster. When Webster was at United he made Kenneth (who was an absolute clodder) look outstanding, so he could do wonders for Forster, who already looks like a really good player.

The only other thing is, regardless of opinions of players, the fact you havent included Cairney and Robertson anywhere there suggests we are well covered in midfield - signing Claros would just overload us in midfield options.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 09:11 AM
1 upfront?

4-4-2 went out with the ark, especially when in our case we have 4 midfielders who with the greatest respect struggle when under pressure in possession of the football.

Heisenberg
29-07-2013, 09:16 AM
I think Thursday highlighted that we cannot play 4-4-2 with our current midfield options, they'll get over run every single week. Stick Craig in the middle as he dosent look up to much out wide, probably why he was moved in there playing for Saints, with two of Taiwo/OTJ/Robertson/Thomson behind him.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-07-2013, 09:26 AM
2 Signings and I'm happy for the start of season.

A RW with a bit of flair & pace, and a commanding/reliable CB.

GK: Williams, Murdoch

RB: Clancy, Mullen
CB: NEWCB, McPake
CB: Hanlon, Forster
LB: McGivern, Stevenson

RDM: Taiwo, OTJ
LDM: Thomson, Robertson

RW: ZEMMAMA or SCOUGALL, Handling
No10: Craig, Vine
LW: Harris, Cairney

CF: Collins, Caldwell

Reserve: Donaldson, Stanton, Horribine.

cloudy
29-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Have we spent the budget? I know Webster and Hately will be freebies but are we at the wage limit? Them 2 and a Scougall type player (dnt think he'd come back) would complete our side or are we looking at the loan market again?

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Have we spent the budget? I know Webster and Hately will be freebies but are we at the wage limit? Them 2 and a Scougall type player (dnt think he'd come back) would complete our side or are we looking at the loan market again?

At ER that is a little black cat ...

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 10:19 AM
What long ball nonsense?

Eh?
How many times last year was Leigh left upfront by himself? We'd hump the ball up to him and hope he would score. Thursday changed nothing, nearly every attack was played into the channel for Vine to chase or head height without any support.
We need to fill a few bodies further up the park or it will be a long long season IMO.

AngusHibby
29-07-2013, 10:25 AM
2 Signings and I'm happy for the start of season.

A RW with a bit of flair & pace, and a commanding/reliable CB.

GK: Williams, Murdoch

RB: Clancy, Mullen
CB: NEWCB, McPake
CB: Hanlon, Forster
LB: McGivern, Stevenson

RDM: Taiwo
LDM: Thomson

RW: ZEMMAMA or SCOUGALL, Handling
CAM: Craig, Robertson
LW: Harris, Cairney

CF: Collins, Caldwell

Vine as well!

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 10:25 AM
4-4-2 went out with the ark, especially when in our case we have 4 midfielders who with the greatest respect struggle when under pressure in possession of the football.

So we play 4-5-1 and flood the midfield with players who 'struggle when under pressure in possession'
FWIW I agree with most of your point but in all honesty our team are not quick enough to turn that into a 4-3-3 when attacking.
Leaving one upfront just doesn't cut it without support from the midfield and let's be fair to whoever plays up front, by the time our defensive minded midfield get up to support the forward, the trams will be complete.

Heisenberg
29-07-2013, 10:27 AM
So we play 4-5-1 and flood the midfield with players who 'struggle when under pressure in possession'
FWIW I agree with most of your point but in all honesty our team are not quick enough to turn that into a 4-3-3 when attacking.
Leaving one upfront just doesn't cut it without support from the midfield and let's be fair to whoever plays up front, by the time our defensive minded midfield get up to support the forward, the trams will be complete.

Or Liam Craig could play in the middle? There's a reason Saints moved him in there.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Vine as well!

Good spot! Sorted.

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Or Liam Craig could play in the middle? There's a reason Saints moved him in there.

Nope you've lost me, sorry.
So put LC into central midfield in a 4-5-1? still can't see that working.
IMO Craig just behind the front 2 would really create loads of chances.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 10:39 AM

I'm not asking us to flood anywhere, i want us to play a formation with PLAYERS who are comfortable on the ball, who pass and move with a purpose, and use their brain when on the ball. We currently have very few of that type of player.

So as you say 4-5-1 is probably what we are best suited to at this moment, although that could be changed during the game to a 4-3-2-1 diamond shape, but in reality we need to match teams in the middle of the park to start with, either by better movement and play :rolleyes: or as i'd imagine matching their workrate and numbers.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Nope you've lost me, sorry.
So put LC into central midfield in a 4-5-1? still can't see that working.
IMO Craig just behind the front 2 would really create loads of chances.

I thought you wanted 4-4-2? :confused:

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 10:49 AM
I thought you wanted 4-4-2? :confused:

I do.
4-4-2 diamond formation, holding central midfielder and one playing a more attacking role.
Our midfield doesn't possess the talents to play a passing game in midfield, 2 or 3 passes then we either hoof it or lose it.
If we are going to do that surely a vine type player holding up the ball with people around him is better? Not saying it's the best way but it might give us alot more of an attacking threat.

Brightside
29-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Set up in a 4231 which becomes 433 attacking and 451 defending. Its how proper teams line up.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Set up in a 4231 which becomes 433 attacking and 451 defending. Its how proper teams line up.

Now we agree on something. :agree:

Andy74
29-07-2013, 10:54 AM

That didn't get many fans here last year. Did we not only improve things a bit when we went back to a 442?

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2013, 10:54 AM
I do.
4-4-2 diamond formation, holding central midfielder and one playing a more attacking role.
Our midfield doesn't possess the talents to play a passing game in midfield, 2 or 3 passes then we either hoof it or lose it.
If we are going to do that surely a vine type player holding up the ball with people around him is better? Not saying it's the best way but it might give us alot more of an attacking threat.

Thats not 4-4-2.

Heisenberg
29-07-2013, 10:55 AM

That's what I was meaning with Craig in the middle. Mixture of Taiwo/Thomson/OTJ/Robertson as the two with Harris Craig and Vine/New RW playing as a three. Collins up top.

J-C
29-07-2013, 11:00 AM

This for me also, it's the modern way most teams set up nowadays.

It needs 2 central midfielders with good engines and ball winning skills, also 2 wide men who can also put in a shift.

At the moment our team with this set up would be

................................................Wi lliams...........................................

Mullen.................Forster.................... ..........Hanlon................McGivern

...................Thomson/Jones.........................Taiwo/Robertson.............

Harris....................................Craig/Cairney...........................Cairney/Vine

.............................................Colli ns.............................................. Stevenson will act as cover at LM, CM and LB

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 11:01 AM

I think it's clear that we don't have the players to play that system.

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Thats not 4-4-2.

Ok, what about the rest of the point?
Surely it is a 4-4-2 just a variation? :D
Do you honestly think we'd create more playing a 4-5-1?

hibsmad
29-07-2013, 11:03 AM

It needs 2 central midfielders with good engines and ball winning skills, also 2 wide men who can also put in a shift.

................................................Wi lliams...........................................

Mullen.................Forster.................... ..........Hanlon................McGivern

...................Thomson/Jones.........................Taiwo/Robertson.............

Harris....................................Craig/Cairney...........................Cairney/Vine

.............................................Colli ns..............................................

Badly need an experienced centre half for me (preferably to replace Hanlon imo).

Other than this, I would be reasonably happy with the above.

woody0-7
29-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Badly need an experienced centre half for me (preferably to replace Hanlon imo).

Other than this, I would be reasonably happy with the above.

Totally agree but Robertson isn't a dm Stevenson is cover for left dm in my opinion mate

J-C
29-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I think it's clear that we don't have the players to play that system.

My post above this one does prove we do.

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Any actual rumours? Or am I in the 'Future manager formation thread'? :greengrin

hibsmad
29-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Any actual rumours? Or am I in the 'Future manager formation thread'? :greengrin

:greengrin To be honest I forgot this even was a rumours thread!

PeterboroHibee
29-07-2013, 11:13 AM
My post above this one does prove we do.

Putting a bunch of names down on a messageboard post doesnt mean anything.

I like 4-2-3-1, most teams play it these days (or a variation of it) and so its good if you can match them up. I personally dont think we have the personnel to do it however. Weve no idea what Collins is like, and with the exception of Harris who is quite nippy, we have absolutely no pace in the team which is needed for that formation.

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 11:14 AM

:D

IanM
29-07-2013, 11:16 AM

.............................................Colli ns.............................................. Stevenson will act as cover at LM, CM and LB

and right back, obviously...

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 11:17 AM

After Malmo you could argue that we don't play like a proper team, back to basics for me.

Vault Boy
29-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Ok, what about the rest of the point?
Surely it is a 4-4-2 just a variation? :D
Do you honestly think we'd create more playing a 4-5-1?

You were right in calling it a 4-4-2 diamond formation, but it's actually a 4-1-2-1-2.

J-C
29-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Putting a bunch of names down on a messageboard post doesnt mean anything.

I like 4-2-3-1, most teams play it these days (or a variation of it) and so its good if you can match them up. I personally dont think we have the personnel to do it however. Weve no idea what Collins is like, and with the exception of Harris who is quite nippy, we have absolutely no pace in the team which is needed for that formation.

I didn't just put a bunch of names down, these are the personnel we have at ER at the moment, played in their proper positions, maybe if tried there they might actually surprise people and play well.

Time For Heroes
29-07-2013, 11:32 AM
You were right in calling it a 4-4-2 diamond formation, but it's actually a 4-1-2-1-2.

Cheers mate.
**** that's what I want then, do proper clubs play that because that's what I think we should play.
;o)

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-07-2013, 11:36 AM
New rumours thread aye?

DAVE1875
29-07-2013, 11:40 AM
New rumours thread aye?

Nothing apart from the Webster/Hateley rumour on Hibsrumours

CRAZYHIBBY
29-07-2013, 11:41 AM
I heard that hibs are in talks with another striker and a centre half and they are hoping to make an announcement soon.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Nothing apart from the Webster/Hateley rumour on Hibsrumours

If Webster not training with Killy?

Delboy4
29-07-2013, 12:28 PM

No, only trained a week with them

Franck Stanton
29-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Get Hately and Webster signed and we will have a good season, at worst top 6, more likely top 4 . Come on Hibs GET THEM SIGNED FFS

AlbertK86
29-07-2013, 02:21 PM

Training with Hearts ..... Source current hearts player

Come on Rod ... Sign him and rub salts in their wounds as they stare liquidation in the face !!

Alex Trager
29-07-2013, 02:30 PM

Come on Rod ... Sign him and rub salts in their wounds as they stare liquidation in the face !!

YEAH Rod

Brightside
29-07-2013, 02:37 PM
After Malmo you could argue that we don't play like a proper team, back to basics for me.

We played 442 against Malmo, which Fenlon was nuts to do. We 100% have the players to go 4231, what we dont seem to have is the coaching staff to teach them how to play. BTW its what we teach kids now....

Hermit Crab
29-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Get Hately and Webster signed and we will have a good season, at worst top 6, more likely top 4 . Come on Hibs GET THEM SIGNED FFS

Have we been linked with either of these players??

Speedway
29-07-2013, 05:09 PM
I heard that hibs are in talks with another striker and a centre half and they are hoping to make an announcement soon.

Nobody biting on this one then?

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Nobody biting on this one then?

I'll bite.

Legit?

Speedway
29-07-2013, 05:11 PM

I'll bite.

Legit?

No idea, that's why I highlighted it.

Speedway
29-07-2013, 05:17 PM
A rumour has started on the Collins thread about the announcement of a further striker and centre half.

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 05:19 PM
No idea, that's why I highlighted it.

Id imagine it will be Griffiths and Piqué :duck:

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 05:20 PM
A rumour has started on the Collins thread about the announcement of a further striker and centre half.

'4 more signings before transfer window shuts'

Billy Whizz
29-07-2013, 05:29 PM
'4 more signings before transfer window shuts'

Like this sort of rumour

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Like this sort of rumour

2 down 2 to go :wink:

Or 1 down 3 to go

Billy Whizz
29-07-2013, 05:36 PM

Or 1 down 3 to go

None down and 4 to go, if the rumour is true

Aldo
29-07-2013, 05:37 PM

Or 1 down 3 to go

Meh.... Prey tell NOW ;-)

Speedway
Id imagine it will be Griffiths and Piqué :duck:

We've got no chance of landing Pique.

Diclonius

We have now!

Aldo
None down and 4 to go, if the rumour is true

Fishing trip BW??

Aldo
29-07-2013, 05:38 PM

Why?

Speedway
29-07-2013, 05:40 PM
The only ones I know that we're still trying to get are Claros and Griffiths.

I would imagine that a lot of opportunities are going to start coming up as we get towards the close of the window, as shown by Davidson's return to the Saints having failed to get himself a deal in England.

Players who are weighing up their options will stop weighing soon.

Speedway
29-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Why?

Because Shakira doesn't fancy Leith.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263841/Gerard-Pique-pregnant-Shakira-pose-photoshoot.html

FranckSuzy
29-07-2013, 05:44 PM

Why?

Never mind that! :greengrin So there is a chance of Sparky then? :pray:

Franck Stanton
29-07-2013, 05:46 PM

As far as I know it's only on the "Hibs Rumours" website. Maybe "someone in the know" can shed some light. In any case, both players would certainly strengthen us. Just my opinion though

Aldo
29-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Sounds promising but we really really need a CH (maybe 2)

Griffiths this again. Is there mileage in this speeders.

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 05:47 PM

I would imagine that a lot of opportunities are going to start coming up as we get towards the close of the window, as shown by Davidson's return to the Saints having failed to get himself a deal in England.

Speedway .. Where are Hibs getting the money for Griffiths after spending £200,000 on Collins ??

Franck Stanton
29-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Come on Rod ... Sign him and rub salts in their wounds as they stare liquidation in the face !! But they aren't allowed to sign him

Thecat23
29-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Claros is choking to re-sign. His agent thinks it will be done shortly. I've no idea about Leigh though.

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Speedway .. Where are Hibs getting the money for Griffiths after spending £200,000 on Collins ??

We're doing a Hearts.

Hibstrooper
29-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Claros is choking to re-sign. His agent thinks it will be done shortly. I've no idea about Leigh though.

That's great news re Claros, the boy is a class above

SaulGoodman
29-07-2013, 05:53 PM

I see what you did there mate :greengrin

Aldo
29-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Because Shakira doesn't fancy Leith.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263841/Gerard-Pique-pregnant-Shakira-pose-photoshoot.html

She doesn't know what she's missing tbh! Silly lassie

AlbertK86
29-07-2013, 05:55 PM
But they aren't allowed to sign him

Exactly my point !!!

how much would that noise up oor neighbours as they stumble towards liquidation !!!!!!!!!

jeffers
29-07-2013, 05:55 PM

If this has been an option all along you've got to wonder wtf we signed OTJ for. How many central midfielders does he need......

Andy74
29-07-2013, 06:02 PM
If this has been an option all along you've got to wonder wtf we signed OTJ for. How many central midfielders does he need......

Options.

A bit of height and experience of winning games in the Highlands.

Unseen work
29-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Don't think otj will start alot of games but ones he does play he will be vital in keeping the midfield compact and hard to get through. Far better option than deegan and prob similar role. Also with Craig in is a replacement for done/spoony/ so evens it out sort of, still a winger short mind

patlowe
29-07-2013, 06:21 PM
I'd be absolutely over the moon if Claros re-signs - would be a huge boost going into the new season. There's always room for quality, especially in that area of the park. Anyone who was at Tynie for the last derby of the season will surely agree.

Would be happy to see a midfield of:

Claros
Thomson
Craig
Taiwo
Harris

That leaves OTJ, Robertson, Stevenson (also LB) and Cairney as cover. Given that Thomson is still unproven fitness-wise and Harris is still extremely young, I don't think it's an inordinate number of midfielders, unless I'm forgetting someone? Could do with more width but still a good enough set of options for top six IMO.

Claros, a centre half and a backup for Collins up top and I'd be reasonably optimistic.

Col2
29-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I'd be absolutely over the moon if Claros re-signs - would be a huge boost going into the new season. There's always room for quality, especially in that area of the park. Anyone who was at Tynie for the last derby of the season will surely agree.

Claros
Thomson
Craig
Taiwo
Harris

That leaves OTJ, Robertson, Stevenson (also LB) and Cairney as cover. Given that Thomson is still unproven fitness-wise and Harris is still extremely young, I don't think it's an inordinate number of midfielders, unless I'm forgetting someone? Could do with more width but still a good enough set of options for top six IMO.

Claros, a centre half and a backup for Collins up top and I'd be reasonably optimistic.

I could see Robertson leaving if / when we sign Claros. Too many but I agree he is quality.

Col2
29-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Griffiths, Claros, Webster, Hately and Swanson

McPake, Clancy and Robertson to move on.

McCall or Butcher to take over from Fenlon and I would be just a tad happy!

Heisenberg
29-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Surely there's no chance of us signing Sparky having just lumped out 200k on Collins. Claros would be good to have back. We might have many CM's but he's a whole lot better than any of them.

Aldo
29-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Griffiths, Claros, Webster, Hately and Swanson

McPake, Clancy and Robertson to move on.

McCall or Butcher to take over from Fenlon and I would be just a tad happy!

You keep takin the tablets mate ;-) or have you herd summing?

truehibernian
29-07-2013, 06:33 PM

Would be delighted if Jorge wants to TC and your info will be spot on regards this :wink::greengrin For me though it still doesn't deal with the fact we need a mobile winger(s) with pace to burn as the midfield, other than Harris, looks very very one dimensional and dare I say slow.

A player I always rated was Andy Halliday when he was at Livi but I'm not sure how he is getting on at 'Boro - he was very quick and could fairly hit a ball. Definitely need a couple of 'gets you out your seat' type players though mate or it's going to be a long season after what I've witnessed so far.

Part/Time Supporter
29-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Would be delighted if Jorge wants to TC and your info will be spot on regards this :wink::greengrin For me though it still doesn't deal with the fact we need a mobile winger(s) with pace to burn as the midfield, other than Harris, looks very very one dimensional and dare I say slow.

A player I always rated was Andy Halliday when he was at Livi but I'm not sure how he is getting on at 'Boro - he was very quick and could fairly hit a ball. Definitely need a couple of 'gets you out your seat' type players though mate or it's going to be a long season after what I've witnessed so far.

He was playing regularly for Middlesbrough towards the end of last season.

truehibernian
29-07-2013, 06:46 PM
He was playing regularly for Middlesbrough towards the end of last season.

Ah cheers PTS.......good player. He's done even better because I think he got a bad leg injury pretty much after he arrived there. I thought he may have dropped off the radar. Mind you he fits Mowbray's template for a young player perfectly. Do you see a lot of him play ?

Speedway
29-07-2013, 06:56 PM

Who says we spent £200,000 on Collins?

JustSimplyHibs
29-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Thought the one and only Andy Murray is donating cash :wink:

woody0-7
29-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I could see Robertson leaving if / when we sign Claros. Too many but I agree he is quality.

I think Roberson will be important this year if as we all predict pat pat plays his favoured 451 Claros Thomson Otj and taiwo will fight it out for dm places. Claros will be yet another welcome addition!

Thecat23
29-07-2013, 07:09 PM

Have to agree mate, we lack pace just now and if we can get a couple more in 2 CH, CF and a winger.

Aldo
29-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Have to agree mate, we lack pace just now and if we can get a couple more in 2 CH, CF and a winger.

Hopefully uncle Rodders will loosen the purse strings for all of the above mate.

Thecat23
29-07-2013, 07:13 PM
News on Collins deal.. Hibs haven't paid £200k. They have paid a fee but its going to be paid over a period. Appearances etc. but Hibs have paid a good price so far so we can't have a go at the board...... Not this time anyway ;)

Aldo
29-07-2013, 07:14 PM
News on Collins deal.. Hibs haven't paid £200k. They have paid a fee but its going to be paid over a period. Appearances etc. but Hibs have paid a good price so far so we can't have a go at the board...... Not this time anyway ;)

Like I say TC hopefully some more money in the big kitty!

Thecat23
29-07-2013, 07:16 PM

Hope so mate.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-07-2013, 07:33 PM

Claros
Thomson
Craig
Taiwo
Harris

Craig is a centre mid, not a winger. Are we planning on ruining him in typical Hibs fashion. Cairney is also a centre mid!

Onceinawhile
29-07-2013, 07:35 PM

Please reply to it as a war chest. Sounds better.

brydekirk
29-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Craig is a centre mid, not a winger. Are we planning on ruining him in typical Hibs fashion. Cairney is also a centre mid!

Bad news for Cairney, out for about 10 weeks, chipped bone in his ankle.

Aldo
29-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Please reply to it as a war chest. Sounds better.

We shall agree to disagree

(Big Kitty ;-))

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Bad news for Cairney, out for about 10 weeks, chipped bone in his ankle.

Cairney said on Twitter that it was ligaments :confused:

Hermit Crab
29-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Is there mileage in any of the above rumours??

Hibi
29-07-2013, 08:18 PM

Keep hearing the story about cairney being a centre midfielder, I've only saw him there once against st Johnstone away and he was terrible for an hour, too slow, kept getting caught on the ball. Moved out wide where he had time, was able to cut inside and we got our goal from him.

brydekirk
29-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Cairney said on Twitter that it was ligaments :confused:

Not 100% but I got told its a chipped bone, anyway he's out for a while.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Not great as apparently he'd got himself properly fit, shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Vault Boy
29-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Not great as apparently he'd got himself properly fit, shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

:agree: Being unable to move too much at all may be detrimental to the work he put in to get fit, I just hope he can try and keep himself at a regular weight as best he can on diet alone.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Not 100% but I got told its a chipped bone, anyway he's out for a while.

Yeah, real shame as he's a good player!

Hibs7
29-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Who says we spent £200,000 on Collins?

All the reports did .. What else do we have to go on ???

Speedway
29-07-2013, 11:17 PM
All the reports did .. What else do we have to go on ???

Nope the reports said 'an offer/package in the region of £200,000'

We are not £200,000 lighter this morning now Collins is here. Classic Rodders poker playing got us a good deal.

Squealing pig
29-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Had high hopes for cairney , fading fast.

davhibby
30-07-2013, 01:34 AM

Keep hearing the story about cairney being a centre midfielder, I've only saw him there once against st Johnstone away and he was terrible for an hour, too slow, kept getting caught on the ball. Moved out wide where he had time, was able to cut inside and we got our goal from him.
Played through the middle in the 4-0 away at Motherwell and was very good that night, iirc

The_Horde
30-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Played through the middle in the 4-0 away at Motherwell and was very good that night, iirc

One of the most creative midfielders in the "scottish premiership" on form.:agree:

PeterboroHibee
30-07-2013, 07:20 AM

Whilst I would rather see Craig as a central midfielder, he has played a lot of games for St.Johnstone as a winger and has been very successful in that position. I wouldnt say hes being played out of position.

As for Cairney, he isnt a central midfielder. He could maybe play in the number 10 role behind the striker, especially now that we have a bigger striker up front, but if he has slimmed down (as reports suggest), he may be more suited to playing on the left - lets face it, he was one of our best players at the start of the season in that role, if he could find that form again then great!

YehButNoBut
30-07-2013, 07:45 AM
I know the Hibs Rumours page is usually rubbish but thought this was an interesting rumour re Newcastle defender Curtis Good coming on loan.

He is Australian and has been loaned out to Bradford but looks a good prospect, can play as central defender or left back, did he play against us yesterday?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Good

http://www.nufcblog.com/category/players/curtis-good/

PeterboroHibee
30-07-2013, 07:58 AM
I know the Hibs Rumours page is usually rubbish but thought this was an interesting rumour re Newcastle defender Curtis Good coming on loan.

He is Australian and has been loaned out to Bradford but looks a good prospect, can play as central defender or left back, did he play against us yesterday?

He did play yesterday.

Maybe Im doing him a disservice, but I dont think a 20 year old CB who has played a handful of games is the answer to our defensive problems. Hopefully this isnt true.

number9dream
30-07-2013, 08:26 AM
I think Thursday highlighted that we cannot play 4-4-2 with our current midfield options, they'll get over run every single week. Stick Craig in the middle as he dosent look up to much out wide, probably why he was moved in there playing for Saints, with two of Taiwo/OTJ/Robertson/Thomson behind him.

I know it's a transfer rumour thread but totally agree with Walter White. Saints shifted Craig inside since he was too slow out wide and the move paid off in a major way - he was excellent through the middle week in, week out for last two seasons. Add Claros to that list of holding midfielders by all means (he can shift the ball with his first touch, unlike so many of our squad) but there's no room for more than two 'water carriers' (to borrow a Cantona description) in the XI. Could OTJ do a job at centre half or would that be adding to the players out of position?
A new right back and flying winger would be very nice - and just to be greedy, some kind of Latapy style genius...

Barney McGrew
30-07-2013, 09:25 AM
I dont think a 20 year old CB who has played a handful of games is the answer to our defensive problems. Hopefully this isnt true.

We've brought in guys like David Murphy and Gary Caldwell previously who had played similar numbers of first team games and they turned out to be not too bad.

Having said that, we also got Johnathan Grounds and Matt Doherty so I may be talking nonsense :greengrin

Hibs7
30-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Nope the reports said 'an offer/package in the region of £200,000'

We are not £200,000 lighter this morning now Collins is here. Classic Rodders poker playing got us a good deal.

Fair dooo's

Hibby_G
30-07-2013, 09:46 AM
we have singned james collins:top marks

Diclonius
30-07-2013, 09:52 AM

Is he good?

PeterboroHibee
30-07-2013, 09:53 AM
We've brought in guys like David Murphy and Gary Caldwell previously who had played similar numbers of first team games and they turned out to be not too bad.

Having said that, we also got Johnathan Grounds and Matt Doherty so I may be talking nonsense :greengrin

Of course. It wasnt anything specifically about this player, typically I reckon this sort of move can be good for a team. In our current situation however I really dont think throwing a young loan player into a defence that lets face it, cant defend, is a good idea.

nickwhibs
30-07-2013, 10:03 AM
I think we should be looking to get a left back in rather than a CB as I feel McGivern is far better at CB. David Murphy back on loan anyone? :greengrin

hibsmad
30-07-2013, 10:50 AM
I think we should be looking to get a left back in rather than a CB as I feel McGivern is far better at CB. David Murphy back on loan anyone? :greengrin

Good point.

Although I would rather we signed a CH, if a good LB was available then we should go for him and move McGivern to the centre, as I have also been impressed when McGivern has played there.

Heisenberg
30-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Ikonomou (sp?) who was at county last year would be a good signing if we were getting a LB. Can't be sure but I think he left after only singing till the end of the season.

Speedway
30-07-2013, 11:32 AM
If Hibs can give me the following, I might cheer up about our prospects.

Williams

Impressive RB
Forster
Impressive CH
McGivern

Claros
Thomson

Craig
Harris

Collins

Griffiths

Alex Trager
30-07-2013, 11:48 AM
If Hibs can give me the following, I might cheer up about our prospects.

Williams

Impressive RB
Forster
Impressive CH
McGivern

Claros
Thomson

Craig
Harris

Collins

Griffiths

IMHO that team runs Celtic for a long period of the season

Alex Trager
30-07-2013, 11:48 AM

As in runs them close

Hermit Crab
30-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Aye good one.

Speedway
30-07-2013, 01:31 PM
So as far as I can tell we've lost:

Griffiths
Scott
Kujabi
Kuqi
Maybury
Claros
Done
Deegan
Wotherspoon
Doyle

That's 10 out of the door.

And we've signed:

McGivern
Mullen
Craig
OTJ
Vine
Collins
Thomson

That's seven with us trying to get in one more before the Mothers come calling.

I wonder if Pat will take up Riordan's offer of playing for free if the window slams shut without a left sided attacker having been brought in?

Dombie
30-07-2013, 01:37 PM
*cough* 9 speedway *cough* check your away list...

Speedway
30-07-2013, 01:38 PM
*cough* 9 speedway *cough* check your away list...

Eh? it's 10.

MrRobot
30-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Griffiths
Claros
Kujabi
Kuqi
Maybury
Claros
Done
Deegan
Wotherspoon
Doyle

And we've signed:

McGivern
Mullen
Craig
OTJ
Vine
Collins
Thomson

I wonder if Pat will take up Riordan's offer of playing for free if the window slams shut without a left sided attacker having been brought in?

How many times did we lose Claros? :greengrin

Dombie
30-07-2013, 01:41 PM
You've listed claros twice though...

Speedway
30-07-2013, 01:42 PM

Well spotted and apologies.

Claros - so good it feels like we've lost him twice.

Come to think of it, we've also lost Griffiths AND Sparky this summer.

Dunderhall
30-07-2013, 01:42 PM
PETRIE FFS. :grr:

Blaster
30-07-2013, 01:46 PM

I am sure you meant to include Scott though?

Eternal Hibbie
30-07-2013, 01:49 PM

Scott would make it ten bodies. :)

Edit: Blaster beat me to it !

Speedway
30-07-2013, 02:12 PM
I'd named Scott already.

Speedway
30-07-2013, 02:20 PM
I see the Mothers have signed a new striker to face us on Sunday.

silverhibee
30-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Ikonomou (sp?) who was at county last year would be a good signing if we were getting a LB. Can't be sure but I think he left after only singing till the end of the season.

Anyone know the extent of McGivern's injury.

DunblaneHibby
30-07-2013, 02:27 PM

Yes, another Estonian internationalist recommended by Henrik Ojama? (cant spell!)

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Anyone know the extent of McGivern's injury.

I've no idea the extent of his injury but bumped into him limping into a shop in Stockbridge day before yesterday. It didn't look like he'd be fit if he was still hobbling.

silverhibee
30-07-2013, 02:32 PM

Well may go a 4-3-3

Front 3 being McFadden Sutton Henri Anier, scary for our patched up defence.

Speedway
30-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Well may go a 4-3-3

And we're likely to have Clancy, McPake, McGivern, Donaldson and Forster out which leaves us with Mullen, OTJ, Hanlon and Stevenson unless we pull our finger out and get a CH or two in before then.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-07-2013, 02:44 PM
That defence worries me:boo hoo:

Speedway
30-07-2013, 02:45 PM
That defence worries me:boo hoo:

If only we'd held onto Kujabi.

I can see Maybury being registered as a player sharpish.

bingo70
30-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Well may go a 4-3-3

Why? Sutton isn't anything special and caused us no problems when he was at hearts and this boy anier might be gantin for all we know.

Speedway
30-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Why? Sutton isn't anything special and caused us no problems when he was at hearts and this boy anier might be gantin for all we know.

Hopefully they will be knackered and injured after Thursday as well.

bingo70
30-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Well may go a 4-3-3

Who's in defence for them? McManus be fit?

I think Collins and vine could be a handfull for there defence.

shamo9
30-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Vine is suspended along with Forster I think? Imagine we might go one up top to try and protect the defence after last week. Depends on how sharp Collins is I guess.

Leith Green
30-07-2013, 02:59 PM

Griffiths
Scott
Kujabi
Kuqi
Maybury
Claros
Done
Deegan
Wotherspoon
Doyle

And we've signed:

McGivern
Mullen
Craig
OTJ
Vine
Collins
Thomson

If you include Mcgivern as a new signing, then he should also be on the list of players we lost.. If that makes sense?

Speedway
30-07-2013, 03:00 PM

McManus, Hammil, Ramsden and Angol

Not sure we'll cause that lot any problems.

bingo70
Vine is suspended along with Forster I think? Imagine we might go one up top to try and protect the defence after last week. Depends on how sharp Collins is I guess.

Ah right, didn't realise that, we're ****ed then :-)

Ray_

Griffiths
Scott
Kujabi
Kuqi
Maybury
Claros
Done
Deegan
Wotherspoon
Doyle

And we've signed:

McGivern
Mullen
Craig
OTJ
Vine
Collins
Thomson

If your adding McGivern & Thomson [although he wasn't on a wage], shirley they should also be in the lost list? :greengrin Too Slow :(

Speedway
30-07-2013, 03:01 PM
If you include Mcgivern as a new signing, then he should also be on the list of players we lost.. If that makes sense?

No he shouldn't, he's a player whose registration we didn't have and now do.

If we sign Claros, he'll come off the out list too.

PeterboroHibee
30-07-2013, 03:02 PM

Griffiths
Scott
Kujabi
Kuqi
Maybury
Claros
Done
Deegan
Wotherspoon
Doyle

And we've signed:

McGivern
Mullen
Craig
OTJ
Vine
Collins
Thomson

Given that those 4 never played, Id say we have done quite well with replacements, 5 in so far (not including Thomson and McGivern who were in last years squad) for 6 first team players out.

We need more players in though, I make our squad size 24 players, with quite a lot of young guys who have limited/no experience, and a few injuries in key areas (namely defence). Hopefully we have an established CB in before the first game, and then we can build from there!

Speedway
30-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Ah right, didn't realise that, we're ****ed then :-)

I'll take a guess that we'll go:

Williams

Maybury
OTJ
Hanlon
Stevenson

Harris
Taiwo
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Collins