PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Pedantic_Hibee
17-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Cannae mind which club it was, but in their pre-game advertisement for a game against The Rangers they referred to it being the first ever meeting between the two and how The Rangers were bidding to win their first ever trophy.....and their fans and media went tonto over it. Yet it was true.

That turd-burglar of a journalist Spiers constantly refused to respond to me either when I asked him why he didn't refer to them as The Rangers. He probably blocked me in the end.

A brand new team, but a brand new team who rule the roost with the media and the SFA much like the deceased team who had a similar name.

SmashinGlass
17-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Cannae mind which club it was, but in their pre-game advertisement for a game against The Rangers they referred to it being the first ever meeting between the two and how The Rangers were bidding to win their first ever trophy.....and their fans and media went tonto over it. Yet it was true.

That turd-burglar of a journalist Spiers constantly refused to respond to me either when I asked him why he didn't refer to them as The Rangers. He probably blocked me in the end.

A brand new team, but a brand new team who rule the roost with the media and the SFA much like the deceased team who had a similar name.

Was that not Dundee Utd in the cup game?

Pedantic_Hibee
17-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Could be, I had Peterhead on the mind for some reason.

There's yer homework for this afternoon, lads. Winner gets their face painted.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Sandaza was recently on trial in Romania, while Hibs are keen to bring him back to Scotland."

says todays Sun.

Hermit Crab
17-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Sandaza was recently on trial in Romania, while Hibs are keen to bring him back to Scotland."

says todays Sun.

Hmmm. The Sun you say?? ;)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 01:43 PM

Got it from the bounce today.

southsider
17-07-2013, 02:33 PM

Any updates on this ?

Thecat23
17-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Cheers mate. Would like to see him in a hibs jersey again and banging in a few goals.. Probably outwith our wages capabilities?

Mate Kenny would jump at the chance to play for Hibs and even told Fenlon that after a derby last season. Wages are defo not an issue as he's made enough (his words) he wanted to repay Hibs for giving him his chance in football. He never heard back.

That's not a swipe at Pat he maybe had other plans that didnt fit in with Kenny, but I think Kenny would do a job.

bigwheel
17-07-2013, 02:46 PM

says todays Sun.

I'd rather have Kenny Miller tbh...at least you know you're going to get 100 percent from him...and at least 15 goals ...

SlickShoes
17-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I'd rather have Kenny Miller tbh...at least you know you're going to get 100 percent from him...and at least 15 goals ...
and 45 sitters

bigwheel
17-07-2013, 03:01 PM
and 45 sitters

If he is getting on the end of 45 more i'll be delighted ...

IWasThere2016
17-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I was asked about Sandaza yesterday from a journo (non-Sun) and it is the Sun today. Maybe the press have heard something.

Dunderhall
17-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Aw FFS, now we are going to lose out to Falkirk for strikers.

Am I getting the hang of it. :wink:

Thecat23
17-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm going to Vancouver for 3 weeks, 3weeks from today!! hope to take in a Whitecaps game when i'm there! I'll shout extra loud for Kenny!

I think there are 2 games while im there but i defo can't make one of them, as im at a wedding the same day.

PM me nearer the time mate. I'll get you a couple of tickets. Already got a guy on here 2 tickets the other week for him and his dad. Saves you paying :)

Aldo
17-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Mate Kenny would jump at the chance to play for Hibs and even told Fenlon that after a derby last season. Wages are defo not an issue as he's made enough (his words) he wanted to repay Hibs for giving him his chance in football. He never heard back.

That's not a swipe at Pat he maybe had other plans that didnt fit in with Kenny, but I think Kenny would do a job.

Sounds promising TC. I for one would like to see him in the jersey. Mind when he scored the 3rd in the Millenium Derby... Me the good lady and my bro ended up on the pitch. It was crazy.

Fingers crossed then. Someone for uncle Rodders to think about maybe later in the season.

Thecat23
17-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Sounds promising TC. I for one would like to see him in the jersey. Mind when he scored the 3rd in the Millenium Derby... Me the good lady and my bro ended up on the pitch. It was crazy.

Fingers crossed then. Someone for uncle Rodders to think about maybe later in the season.

Haha, I had just left when he scored as we were getting a lift home and my lift couldn't get us at the end can't mind why. We heard the roar and thought Hearts pulled one back. Kenny gave me it tight for leaving :D

Aldo
17-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Haha, I had just left when he scored as we were getting a lift home and my lift couldn't get us at the end can't mind why. We heard the roar and thought Hearts pulled one back. Kenny gave me it tight for leaving :D

It was crazy that nite. They were given a lesson in football that nite. Wee Russell was outstanding.

Remember getting to the pub but not getting home.

He gave it to you tight and rightly so. I shake ma head

Bishop Hibee
17-07-2013, 04:30 PM
It still angers me how that bluenose Smith engineered a move to oldco for Miller. Having said that I'd be happy to see him back for a season alongside Vine.

Purehibee_MYB
17-07-2013, 04:50 PM
PM me nearer the time mate. I'll get you a couple of tickets. Already got a guy on here 2 tickets the other week for him and his dad. Saves you paying :)

Sure did! Top Man! :thumbsup:

Springbank
17-07-2013, 05:15 PM

It was Montrose

Their match day programme gave it tight to the Teds

alan1875
17-07-2013, 05:42 PM

That would be very kind, cheers!

mrdependable
17-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Spoke to a Falkirk Fc ned recently (as in non exec director, before you start)

He reckoned Taylor was too daft to really develop - said he had a great first half but he never played well late on in games, had no idea about conserving energy or pacing himself

Said keep an eye on Fulton - rated Fulton much higher

I really hope that we are keeping an eye on the likes of the young Falkirk players

Squealing pig
17-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I really hope that we are keeping an eye on the likes of the young Falkirk players

No wanting steve fultons laddie

Billychaotic182
17-07-2013, 06:43 PM

Duffie is some player likes

YehButNoBut
17-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Liam Boyce starting for Cliftonville against Celtic just now, might he still be a target once this game is over.

Interesting to see how he gets on.

GlenrothesHibee
17-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Boyce in action tonight for Cliftonvile

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2013, 07:14 PM
No wanting steve fultons laddie

He's going to be a cracking footballer... Why wouldn't you want that at Hibs?

Squealing pig
17-07-2013, 07:15 PM
He's going to be a cracking footballer... Why wouldn't you want that at Hibs?

Scared to see what he looks like lol

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2013, 07:20 PM

Aye, fair enough lol

It would be a win/win... He does the business on the pitch and his old man increases the matchday catering profits...

On a serious note, whilst his old man was a yam, he did seem a decent guy and took all the stick (booked for being ugly, you fat bassa etc) pretty well...

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-07-2013, 07:21 PM

Variations on 'booked for being ugly ' coming up ,

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Lyle Taylor has signed for the blades.

Hermit Crab
17-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Lyle Taylor has signed for the blades.

Yes he did........... Yesterday.

Eyrie
17-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Aye, fair enough lol

It would be a win/win... He does the business on the pitch and his old man increases the matchday catering profits...

On a serious note, whilst his old man was a yam, he did seem a decent guy and took all the stick (booked for being ugly, you fat bassa etc) pretty well...

That was why he got booked - blew a kiss to the old East when they were being less than flattering about him. Consensus after the game was that the linesman was out of order for reporting him over a funny response.

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-07-2013, 08:01 PM
That was why he got booked - blew a kiss to the old East when they were being less than flattering about him. Consensus after the game was that the linesman was out of order for reporting him over a funny response.

Is easy in terms of his son were he to come to Hibs :

Adopted for not being ugly

Manxhibs
17-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Liam Boyce isn't doing his chances of a move to the UK mainland any harm with his performance tonight. He's relentless as he strives to create openings for his team.

From BBC's text commentary of tonight's game with the lesser greens

SouthMoroccoStu
17-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Liam Boyce starting for Cliftonville against Celtic just now, might he still be a target once this game is over.

Interesting to see how he gets on.

Been very impressed with him tonight.

Holds the ball up very well and showed some quick feed and nice skill

Lets get him signed

Billychaotic182
17-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Been very impressed with him tonight.

Holds the ball up very well and showed some quick feed and nice skill

Lets get him signed

Are we in for him?

J-C
17-07-2013, 08:36 PM

Aye I remember that, was sat about 10 yards away when he got booked, did make me laugh out loud that one.

Heisenberg
17-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Are we in for him?

Liam McLeod suggested so and Craigan said on the commentary that a couple of spl teams have been in contact about him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Didnt think Boyce looked good to be honest, looks unfit and a bit fat. Dont think he would improve us at all, but this is just my opinion.

GreenOnions
17-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Re Liam Boyce - I didn't see that much of the game. The positives from what I saw are that he clearly has ability with some nice touches and reasonable holding up work. His record also indicates that he knows where the goal is.

The "undecided" bit for me is probably a little unfair as he was playing in a team that was significantly inferior to Celtic - but it's more to do with attitude and approach. His demeanour gave off a little bit of the "I'm too good to be playing with these guys in my current team" vibe IMHO and that's always a little concerning when you want team players. I also agree with an earlier post that he seemed a little overweight too. That may be a wholly inaccurate description of the lad though - I'd have to see more and perhaps listen to what Cliftonville fans say about him.

Hermit Crab
17-07-2013, 10:05 PM
@TransferTweeter: #Wolves have made a bid for #Bolton striker Craig Davies, yet to be known if it was accepted #WWFC #BWFC

Does this mean sparky is possibly hibs bound??

Springbank
17-07-2013, 10:11 PM
@TransferTweeter: #Wolves have made a bid for #Bolton striker Craig Davies, yet to be known if it was accepted #WWFC #BWFC

Craig David? Took him for a drink on Monday...

Hermit Crab
17-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Craig David? Took him for a drink on Monday...

Craig Davies even. ;)

hibee92
17-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Thought Boyce looked reasonably good tonight. Not a lot of service.

20 goals in 28 games in the league, if he can hit the back of the net I'd welcome him with open arms!

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2013, 11:10 PM
i see killie have signed darren barr

KILMARNOCK (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/kilmarnock/) have announced the signing of defender Darren Barr on a one-year deal.The 28-year-old becomes new manager Allan Johnston's first new signing ahead of the new season.
A statement on the Club’s official website said: “Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to announce that we have completed the signing of Darren Barr.

NOLA
18-07-2013, 02:06 AM

sooner we forget this pish about sparky coming back in this window the better, its not happening.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Hope we announce another signing soon.

Hermit Crab
18-07-2013, 06:53 AM
sooner we forget this pish about sparky coming back in this window the better, its not happening.

Is that FACT is it?

Aldo
18-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Hope we announce another signing soon.

BMD - are we. That is the question?
Spill

Aldo
18-07-2013, 07:20 AM

Source??

SaulGoodman
18-07-2013, 08:35 AM

Is that a fact? Are we not allowed to talk about Griffiths? What would get better if we stop talking about him?

Aldo
18-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Is that a fact? Are we not allowed to talk about Griffiths? What would get better if we stop talking about him?

Meh you better watch mate you'll get banned for talking bout (him) ;-o

SaulGoodman
18-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Meh you better watch mate you'll get banned for talking bout (him) ;-o

LEIGH LEIGH SUPER LEIGH :greengrin

GreenOnions
18-07-2013, 09:03 AM

I have absolutely no information - just speculating like most on here

It doesn't prove anything either way but something about the fact that we've given the number 9 jersey to another player tells me Hibs don't expect to sign Leigh this summer.

scuttle
18-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I have absolutely no information - just speculating like most on here

It doesn't prove anything either way but something about the fact that we've given the number 9 jersey to another player tells me Hibs don't expect to sign Leigh this summer.

Correct

SaulGoodman
18-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Correct

Wrong. What number was Leigh 2 seasons ago?

Callum_62
18-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Has squad number 6207 been allocated?

if not....watch this space. :wink:

scuttle
18-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Wrong. What number was Leigh 2 seasons ago?

He was 28...but Oconnor already had the no9 shirt
If we were going to sign him then i think we would have kept his shirt for him
Hes not coming back ,not for this window anyway or we would not have bid for Taylor

SaulGoodman
18-07-2013, 10:02 AM
He was 28...but Oconnor already had the no9 shirt
If we were going to sign him then i think we would have kept his shirt for him
Hes not coming back ,not for this window anyway or we would not have bid for Taylor

And now Vine is number 9. We can't leave a number just for a player who hasn't signed yet.. What happens if the deal falls through?

EDIT: just seen the bit about Taylor, if course we still bid for Taylor, we can't just focus on one player in case the deal doesn't happen.

Aldo
18-07-2013, 10:02 AM
LEIGH LEIGH SUPER LEIGH :greengrin

He he farf!! :-O

scuttle
18-07-2013, 10:09 AM
And now Vine is number 9. We can't leave a number just for a player who hasn't signed yet.. What happens if the deal falls through?

EDIT: just seen the bit about Taylor, if course we still bid for Taylor, we can't just focus on one player in case the deal doesn't happen.

There is no doubt he was our no1 target but there was or is no deal so we turned to Taylor. We still have some cash to spend buy IMO it wont be on Leigh no matter how much we all want it

SaulGoodman
18-07-2013, 10:15 AM
There is no doubt he was our no1 target but there was or is no deal so we turned to Taylor. We still have some cash to spend buy IMO it wont be on Leigh no matter how much we all want it

Well one of us have to be right! :greengrin

GreenOnions
18-07-2013, 10:22 AM

I sincerely hope it's you!

I'm sure the club have done/are doing all that's possible to do. I'm just not sure it's within our control.

scuttle
18-07-2013, 10:23 AM

Agreed........ And I really hope its you

SaulGoodman
18-07-2013, 10:32 AM
I sincerely hope it's you!

I'm sure the club have done/are doing all that's possible to do. I'm just not sure it's within our control.

Agreed........ And I really hope its you

:wink:

J-C
18-07-2013, 10:40 AM

I'm pretty sure squad numbers haven't been finalised yet for the new SPFL season, do they not get registered nearer end of july??

SaulGoodman
18-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure squad numbers haven't been finalised yet for the new SPFL season, do they not get registered nearer end of july??

No idea mate, personally I don't think squad numbers mean anything. Griffiths could be number 48 for all I'd care :greengrin

GreenPJ
18-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Have to admit being very confused by the Griffiths and Taylor bids.

RP has said we need 11,000 season tickets sold and I don't believe we are anywhere near that, we have some debt although pretty manageable but we are another year closer to when a significant payment needs to be paid to the bank for mortgage iirc (?). Scottish football is in a shambles with clubs going into administration and others teetering on the brink which does not help sponsorship or new investment into Scottish football and all of a sudden RP decides on a speculate to accumulate approach even although he has steered away from that previously when conditions were more favourable to do so.

I appreciate some people will argue that now is the time to gamble and invest but don't see what the big prize is if we do.

I would still like Leigh back though :greengrin

southsider
18-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Never been a better time to invest. Sevco out the league....Hertz going out the league or at least 15 points down. Every other time appart from smellik is gash. We could be contenders........

TheFamous1875
18-07-2013, 11:57 AM
No idea mate, personally I don't think squad numbers mean anything. Griffiths could be number 48 for all I'd care :greengrin

I really do think squad numbers can pose a measure of validity in regards to a players self esteem and the historical or other merit that can come with having a prime squad number bestowed upon them.

For example if Alex Harris is indeed our new #7, I think it's way too premature for him. There's no doubt he's a very talented youngster with a lot of potential, but that's all it is so far; potential. I think he should be given a lower number than 33 this season, he's earned that, but I think only once we've seen how he progresses after a full season in the first squad, can he be given the duty, respect and honour of having a starting 11 number for Hibernian.

If you look at Callum Booth, I'm sure he was our first choice left-back with #3, and from there on in, he lost that hunger and his devlopment was stunted. Not to suggest it was solely down to this, of course not. But it's the little things that count and something as absurd as "what number you are" can contribute to great pride or great shame on a personal level.

Look at David Wotherspoon, became our #7 and then got bumped back to #14! That must have been a blow to him as it tells D, and the fans that he's is not as valued as he was told he was. It's another dent in confidence to a young player like him who again showed so much promise, and for various reasons it failed to materialise. I just hope the same doesnae happen to Boozy as he could really be something some time soon.

GreenPJ
18-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Never been a better time to invest. Sevco out the league....Hertz going out the league or at least 15 points down. Every other time appart from smellik is gash. We could be contenders........

For second place maybe but what prize is that in a league where the reward will not be growing in value as there is less income in the Scottish game. For Europe, we will find out tonight and next week if Europe is a feasible and worthwhile venture to aspire to.

TheFamous1875
18-07-2013, 12:00 PM
N for the record I think Boozy should be number 11 as he suits cutting in on the left! :P

GlenrothesHibee
18-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Have to admit being very confused by the Griffiths and Taylor bids.

RP has said we need 11,000 season tickets sold and I don't believe we are anywhere near that, we have some debt although pretty manageable but we are another year closer to when a significant payment needs to be paid to the bank for mortgage iirc (?). Scottish football is in a shambles with clubs going into administration and others teetering on the brink which does not help sponsorship or new investment into Scottish football and all of a sudden RP decides on a speculate to accumulate approach even although he has steered away from that previously when conditions were more favourable to do so.

I appreciate some people will argue that now is the time to gamble and invest but don't see what the big prize is if we do.

I would still like Leigh back though :greengrin

I might be wrong of course but i thought we had recently paid off the mortgage on the east stand? Im sure the stadium is paid for.

Aldo
18-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I might be wrong of course but i thought we had recently paid off the mortgage on the east stand? Im sure the stadium is paid for.

Nope. I maybe wrong but I think we have a 6 to 7 million mortgage on the stadium.

Eternal Hibbie
18-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Nope. I maybe wrong but I think we have a 6 to 7 million mortgage on the stadium.

I may be wrong too but I didn't think we ever had a mortgage on the East stand.

Happy to stand corrected though.

cloudy
18-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Ryan Noble tweeting he has finally passed his medical.... doesn't say who with though, anyone know?

silverhibee
18-07-2013, 01:08 PM

But your not a football player, :greengrin and it will mean everything to Sparky to want the number 9 top if he is coming back to Hibs, you may not care what number he is but players think differently about these things and Sparky would want the 9 shirt back.

SlickShoes
18-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Ryan Noble tweeting he has finally passed his medical.... doesn't say who with though, anyone know?

Sources say it's Hearts.

silverhibee
18-07-2013, 01:11 PM

Andy74 may be correct then, seems hanging about ER does pay off. :greengrin

J-C
18-07-2013, 01:14 PM
But your not a football player, :greengrin and it will mean everything to Sparky to want the number 9 top if he is coming back to Hibs, you may not care what number he is but players think differently about these things and Sparky would want the 9 shirt back.

Nothing on official sight as to who has what number, still last years, registration is a few weeks away yet I think, before 1st game of season.

J-C
18-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Sources say it's Hearts.

thought they had transfer embargo??

Dunderhall
18-07-2013, 01:18 PM
thought they had transfer embargo??
It's just a rumour, hence it's this thread.

hibs0666
18-07-2013, 01:21 PM

We've spent over £22 million developing the stadium and East Mains. The outstanding mortgages are around £7 million.

silverhibee
18-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Nothing on official sight as to who has what number, still last years, registration is a few weeks away yet I think, before 1st game of season.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/top-stories/hibs-new-no-9-rowan-vine-out-to-recapture-form-1-3002603 :aok:

CropleyWasGod
18-07-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/top-stories/hibs-new-no-9-rowan-vine-out-to-recapture-form-1-3002603 :aok:

Point of order...

Is it ROWan as in rollocks?

Or ROWan as in bollocking?

Mr White
18-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Point of order...

Is it ROWan as in rollocks?

Or ROWan as in bollocking?

Friends who have a wee girl called Rowan say it's row as in telling off for a girl and row as in gently downstream for a boy. They're full of **** though so it's probably a load of rollocks :greengrin

JeMeSouviens
18-07-2013, 01:39 PM
We've spent over £22 million developing the stadium and East Mains. The outstanding mortgages are around £7 million.

From last year's accounts and assuming terms haven't changed, there are 3 outstanding mortgages:

1. £2.56M, being repaid at £20K per month with a final payment of £1.6M in 2018
2. £1.24M, being repaid at £33K per quarter, ending in 2023
3. £2.5M, interest only, repayable in 2020

Wilson
18-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Friends who have a wee girl called Rowan say it's row as in telling off for a girl and row as in gently downstream for a boy. They're full of **** though so it's probably a load of rollocks :greengrin

Well the wee girl in Wicker man and him that plays Blackadder fit that naming convention. That is as conclusive proof as you'll find (if you look no further than this post!).

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2013, 02:00 PM
According to someone on the bounce We have looked at strikers Lee Barnard & Chris McGuire. He also said we are in talks with Celtic for Tony Watt on loan.

HibbyAndy
18-07-2013, 02:04 PM
According to someone on the bounce We have looked at strikers Lee Barnard & Chris McGuire. He also said we are in talks with Celtic for Tony Watt on loan.

You dae some amount of post deleting eh ? :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2013, 02:15 PM
You dae some amount of post deleting eh ? :greengrin

Made a few threads last night but deleted them as my links were not working. I do delete a lot of my posts but only if I i make mistake etc. So aye, I do a fair bit of deleting :greengrin

Mark79
18-07-2013, 02:17 PM
From last year's accounts and assuming terms haven't changed, there are 3 outstanding mortgages:

1. £2.56M, being repaid at £20K per month with a final payment of £1.6M in 2018
2. £1.24M, being repaid at £33K per quarter, ending in 2023
3. £2.5M, interest only, repayable in 2020

Do we not owe the money to ourselves?

Anyway when I win the euromillions it will all be gone!

Beefster
18-07-2013, 02:25 PM
It's just a rumour, hence it's this thread.

It's a rumour that can't be true given that Hearts can't sign anyone and are unlikely to be able to for months.

Kylie fancying me is just a rumour but ultimately, it's just pish.

Alex Trager
18-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Do we not owe the money to ourselves?

Anyway when I win the euromillions it will all be gone!

No need. I'll sort it when I win it

E10 Rifle
18-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Lee Barnard is the new Derek Riordan...without the goals.

Diclonius
18-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Lee Barnard is the new Derek Riordan...without the goals.

Yup. Noticed he was arrested for a nightclub brawl a few years ago, no thanks. :aok:

Stevie Reid
18-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Yup. Noticed he was arrested for a nightclub brawl a few years ago, no thanks. :aok:

And was cleared of all charges. Has a very good goals to starts ratio: -

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=33759

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Another striker, winger and defender please Pat.

essexhibee
18-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Lee Barnards a good player.

Heisenberg
18-07-2013, 07:01 PM
We need still need creativity in the middle. When will he realise playing 3 defensive midfielders dosent work? A centre half and more strikers also needed badly.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2013, 07:03 PM
We need still need creativity in the middle. When will he realise playing 3 defensive midfielders dosent work? A centre half and more strikers also needed badly.

Didnt see it today but were we missing a Claros-esk player?

Glasgow Hibee
18-07-2013, 07:12 PM
If we sign someone in the next few days will they be able to play against Malmo next week?

bingo70
18-07-2013, 07:19 PM

No, Thomson was brilliant imo.

The Leith Dutch
18-07-2013, 07:26 PM
When will he realise playing 3 defensive midfielders dosent work?

It's a double problem - on top of lacking the required variety in MF I feel that having 3 DMs actually does less well defensively than 2 as there's a tendency for them to assume that one of the others is covering something.

2 DMs can communicate and organise better.

Dunderhall
18-07-2013, 07:32 PM
It's a rumour that can't be true given that Hearts can't sign anyone and are unlikely to be able to for months.

Really, what's happened like? :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-07-2013, 08:06 PM
If we were to sign a player before the 2nd leg can they play?

HibbyKeith
18-07-2013, 08:09 PM
If we were to sign a player before the 2nd leg can they play?

I dont think we can. the deadline for this round has passed, and while all clubs were able to register 1 player after the deadline, it had to be by midnight on the eve of the first leg of the tie.

18.13 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:

a) 24 June 2013 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
b) 12 July 2013 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
c) 26 July 2013 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
d) 12 August 2013 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the play-off round;
e) 2 September 2013 (24.00 CET) for all further matches from the first match
in the group stage up to and including the final.

18.14 For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a
maximum of one new eligible player on List A after the above-mentioned
deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such
registration must be completed by 24.00 CET on the day before the relevant
first-leg match and the club's association must confirm in writing that the new
player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time.

HibeeBigFly
18-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Bring back Zemmama and find out when Benji's contract at Real is up and get him back too.

southsider
19-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Last night's game showed what most of us knew....we in dire need of new forward players. From the players left from last season the top scorer was McPake with the grand total of em 2.I know any new signings can't play second leg but fot the forthcomming season new players are a must

Speedway
19-07-2013, 08:36 AM
We need new forwards, some new midfielders, 8-10 quality defenders with Euro experience and a couple of World Cup keepers.

Why on earth can't Fenlon see this, what's he fannying about at?

JeMeSouviens
19-07-2013, 08:38 AM
We need new forwards, some new midfielders, 8-10 quality defenders with Euro experience and a couple of World Cup keepers.

That's a (1), right? :greengrin

SaulGoodman
19-07-2013, 08:41 AM

Are we still to bring in 4? Is that a (1) or a (3) ? :greengrin

Speedway
19-07-2013, 08:49 AM
That's a (1), right? :greengrin

Are we still to bring in 4? Is that a (1) or a (3) ? :greengrin

It's a 2 + 2 = 5 in line with the timbre of many others .net posts when things don't go our way.

Heisenberg
19-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Seems Wolves are keen on another striker: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8830905/Transfer-news-Wolves-are-chasing-Bolton-striker-Craig-Davies

Thought they already had quite a few on the books. Surely they could let us have Sparky...

Speedway
19-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Seems Wolves are keen on another striker: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8830905/Transfer-news-Wolves-are-chasing-Bolton-striker-Craig-Davies

Thought they already had quite a few on the books. Surely they could let us have Sparky...

Wolves looking to sign a new striker yet struggling for cash?

Maybe they know they're already shifting others off the wage bill.

Hibs7
19-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Wolves looking to sign a new striker yet struggling for cash?

Maybe they know they're already shifting others off the wage bill.

Stop teasing ... :-) is he or is he not !!!

R'Albin
19-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Apparently Griffiths has moved into his house today - presumably in Wolverhampton!

GordonHFC
19-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Apparently Griffiths has moved into his house today - presumably in Wolverhampton!

If it's in Wolverhampton he will be able to give up his cave easily if he needs to move back up here at short notice.

Speedway
19-07-2013, 01:34 PM

Benji wasn't long in his new pad in Fes before coming to Edinburgh.

Hibs7
19-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Ryan Noble in talks with Burnley ...so that is another one we can write off !

The Sea-gull
19-07-2013, 03:19 PM

Must be down to about our 83rd choice now! :greengrin :wink::rolleyes::confused:

Hibby70
19-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Must be down to about our 83rd choice now! :greengrin :wink::rolleyes::confused:

I'm getting worried. I've not played fives for at least 5 years now. If Pat comes to the door I might just pretend nobody's home.

hibee92
19-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Griffiths deal is dead.

Hibs7
19-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Griffiths deal is dead.

Well maybe we can now sign someone !!

California-Hibs
19-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Griffiths deal is dead.

Source?

HibbyAndy
19-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Griffiths deal is dead.

Good.Cause it was never ever gonna happen.

Maybe we can now move on and sign a bloody striker!!

LG is gone..certainly for the near future so lets put it behind us and move on.

GlenrothesHibee
19-07-2013, 05:12 PM
The Griffiths deal has been dead since Hibs and Wolves released a statement about it weeks ago.

Source - Hibs and Wolves

DAVE1875
19-07-2013, 05:58 PM

Signed

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/a-noble-signing-190713-928867.aspx

SaulGoodman
19-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Have to settle with Griffiths then :wink:

sesoim
19-07-2013, 06:31 PM

He wont. And that's why he could be out of a job by October. The only way Hibs will have a good season is if all the the other teams get a lot worse. Even Rangers disappearing from the SPL and Hearts losing loads of players only helped us finish a couple of places higher (7th) than where we were when Fenlon took over Hibs (9th).

It's time fans took their blinkers off.

sesoim
19-07-2013, 06:35 PM

We were hardly impressive when Claros WAS playing for us. The midfield should have been creating loads of chances for Griffiths and chipping in themselves. Instead, Griffiths was having to make most of his goals himself.

SaulGoodman
19-07-2013, 06:39 PM
We were hardly impressive when Claros WAS playing for us. The midfield should have been creating loads of chances for Griffiths and chipping in themselves. Instead, Griffiths was having to make most of his goals himself.

Not even going to bother arguing with you. The worst football fan I have ever seen.

Kato
19-07-2013, 06:42 PM

Griffith's didn't have any assists last season?

Kato
19-07-2013, 06:44 PM

I wasn't around for those. Someone handed blinkers out.

Emerald
19-07-2013, 07:03 PM
He wont. And that's why he could be out of a job by October. The only way Hibs will have a good season is if all the the other teams get a lot worse. Even Rangers disappearing from the SPL and Hearts losing loads of players only helped us finish a couple of places higher (7th) than where we were when Fenlon took over Hibs (9th).

I feel your pain mate! Anyone on here that criticises the great Pat Fenlon will get abuse. I agree with all you say in this post. People want continuity and rightly so but to continue with crap is not the right way forward IMHO.

matty_f
19-07-2013, 07:07 PM

If only Paul Hanlon had been in midfield.

GlenrothesHibee
19-07-2013, 07:37 PM

I disagree. Nobody was complaining when we were up at the top of the league and playing some cracking stuff. We were unlucky with Mcpakes injury, Cairney and Sparky losing form etc and barring some horrendous refereeing decision would have been top 6 for the first time in a while. Pat is doing a good job. Its still pre season after all

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Its still pre season after all

Eh, no its not. Hibs season started yesterday.

DH1875
19-07-2013, 07:52 PM

:shhhsh!::shhhsh!::shhhsh!:

There's plenty on here who think us finishing 6th this year would be a major achievement :confused:.

degenerated
19-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Craig Davies even. ;)

Can I get a rewind?

Hibs7
19-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Thought this was a rumours thread NOT a Pat Felon discussion thread ... Start another one if that is what you want to discuss and keep this for RUMOURS .. !!

CropleyWasGod
19-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Thought this was a rumours thread NOT a Pat Felon discussion thread ... Start another one if that is what you want to discuss and keep this for RUMOURS .. !!

Rumours was, IMO, the most obnoxious album in the entire history of the world. Its only saving grace was that it hastened the advent of punk.

Wrong thread? :greengrin

Dunderhall
19-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Do you want to try mine on to see what they are like?

rcarter1
19-07-2013, 08:06 PM

There's plenty on here who think us finishing 6th this year would be a major achievement :confused:.

It would be an achievement. We dont have the wallet to significantly influence our aquisition of players, and Pat is probably still learning how to operate in the market we are in. Case in point: McManus chooses Motherwell. I would be stunned if Motherwell offered more money than us, but Id also be stunned if we offered that much more than them. End of the day for some reason Motherwell was more appealing than Hibs.

We are soooo work in progress its painful at times, but I think we are slowly heading in the right direction. Unless we can identify a manager that will guarentee a raft of affordable, proven talent and the skills to manage them we've got to keep supporting the manager players etc.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-07-2013, 08:06 PM

Haha aye alright then. Claros was our most improved player last season after Sparky, Claros was different class.

DH1875
19-07-2013, 08:28 PM
It would be an achievement. We dont have the wallet to significantly influence our aquisition of players, and Pat is probably still learning how to operate in the market we are in. Case in point: McManus chooses Motherwell. I would be stunned if Motherwell offered more money than us, but Id also be stunned if we offered that much more than them. End of the day for some reason Motherwell was more appealing than Hibs.

We are soooo work in progress its painful at times, but I think we are slowly heading in the right direction. Unless we can identify a manager that will guarentee a raft of affordable, proven talent and the skills to manage them we've got to keep supporting the manager players etc.

Do you honestly believe us finishing 6th in a league without rangers and the yams starting on -15 is an achievement. Seriously can't get my head around that at all. IMO anything short of 6th is a joke and a disgrace. We might not be world betters and flush with the cash but this is Scottish football we're talking about. We ARE bigger than Motherwell, St Johnstone and the likes and the sooner people get to grips with this the better. St Johnstone have lost their manager and a barrel load of players, two of their better players even joined us, FFS :confused:. No danger should they be out performing us, but they will and hey-ho, we'll all just get on with it.

rcarter1
19-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Do you honestly believe us finishing 6th in a league without rangers and the yams starting on -15 is an achievement. Seriously can't get my head around that at all. IMO anything short of 6th is a joke and a disgrace. We might not be world betters and flush with the cash but this is Scottish football we're talking about. We ARE bigger than Motherwell, St Johnstone and the likes and the sooner people get to grips with this the better. St Johnstone have lost their manager and a barrel load of players, two of their better players even joined us, FFS :confused:. No danger should they be out performing us, but they will and hey-ho, we'll all just get on with it.

I agree that 6th wouldnt be much of an achievement, and Im hoping we can do better, but to be honest the team is still incomplete and unbalanced. Im not optimistic of any further signings of note, and so with this present team, from where we were last season, 6th is a - small - step forward. Should Griffiths arrive in January, or one of our young strikers has a big season, then maybe a higher league placing starts to look feasible.
The fact seems to be, that even though we are bigger than the clubs you mention, we are also a lot more expensive to run (excluding wages). I think this stops us from making our supporter base work in our favour as much as it should.

Speedway
19-07-2013, 09:09 PM
When does Claros finish international duty?

YehButNoBut
19-07-2013, 09:26 PM
When does Claros finish international duty?

Honduras play Costa Rica on the 22nd which is the quarter final, so could have 2 further games if they keep winning.

Next world cup game is 6th Sept versus Mexico.

Paisley Hibby
19-07-2013, 11:12 PM
I agree that 6th wouldnt be much of an achievement, and Im hoping we can do better, but to be honest the team is still incomplete and unbalanced. Im not optimistic of any further signings of note, and so with this present team, from where we were last season, 6th is a - small - step forward. Should Griffiths arrive in January, or one of our young strikers has a big season, then maybe a higher league placing starts to look feasible.
The fact seems to be, that even though we are bigger than the clubs you mention, we are also a lot more expensive to run (excluding wages). I think this stops us from making our supporter base work in our favour as much as it should.

How long has Fenlon been in the job now and yet this is still the case.

Emerald
19-07-2013, 11:34 PM
How long has Fenlon been in the job now and yet this is still the case.

Farting against thunder, pishing against the wind spring to mind.

Hey, we are just a wee club at Hibs and we're training a rookie manager and maybe after about three years he will learn how to manage, resource players, play then in a balanced team, entertain for £400 a year and maybe then Hibs will rise above the utter crap he has us playing just now. But wait, he inherited the worst team ever, changed it around about three times but poor Paddy is doing everything right. Lets plan for the future, base your team on loan signing s and still finish 7th, let Sproule go and bring in Matt Done, but this is future planning we're told. Qualify for Europe and then have the chance to play an EPL team but have no recognised strikers in your team, but we're building a team and last year was a transition. We've now got rid of half last years team and look worse than ever. How can anyone think he's doing a good job?

DH1875
19-07-2013, 11:38 PM

And who's fault is that? See here's the thing, I can see the improvement under Fenlon, and to be fair I'd stick with him for the up coming season BUT there is something far wrong when we can't compete with the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone. IF Griffiths signs in January we're looking at a different story, but in the mean time I fear the worst and don't see anything to shout about. I've said it time and time again but St Johnstone have lost their manager and ALL their better players, Motherwell are looking at a totally new squad and don't get me started on Ross County or ICT. We should be better than ALL of them and aiming far beyond all off their reach but it appears so many of our fans would settle for 6th in the league. Total joke IMO and the main reason why we will never get anywhere.

I keep repeating my-self and I'm sorry, BUT the day I accept we're the same as Ross County, Motherwell, St Mirren, ICT and Kilmarnock then I'm affraid it's the day I give up. Look at Malmo for example, how many fans did they have at the game the other night? They had a team whom destroyed us and if it weren't for Williams we'd be looking at 4 or 5 nil and yet there's folk on here aiming for 20k or there abouts at ER. IF they can build a team capable off topping their division why can't we?

Emerald
19-07-2013, 11:56 PM
And who's fault is that? See here's the thing, I can see the improvement under Fenlon, and to be fair I'd stick with him for the up coming season BUT there is something far wrong when we can't compete with the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone. IF Griffiths signs in January we're looking at a different story, but in the mean time I fear the worst and don't see anything to shout about. I've said it time and time again but St Johnstone have lost their manager and ALL their better players, Motherwell are looking at a totally new squad and don't get me started on Ross County or ICT. We should be better than ALL of them and aiming far beyond all off their reach but it appears so many of our fans would settle for 6th in the league. Total joke IMO and the main reason why we will never get anywhere.

I keep repeating my-self and I'm sorry, BUT the day I accept we're the same as Ross County, Motherwell, St Mirren, ICT and Kilmarnock then I'm affraid it's the day I give up. Look at Malmo for example, how many fans did they have at the game the other night? They had a team whom destroyed us and if it weren't for Williams we'd be looking at 4 or 5 nil and yet there's folk on here aiming for 20k or there abouts at ER. IF they can build a team capable off topping their division why can't we?

I agree with your thinking apart from sticking with Pat. If after 2 years he still can't be better than the teams you've mentioned and looks far from it, then he has to go. Apart from that 10 out of 10 for your post.

SaulGoodman
20-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Can we get back to signing rumours and not this 'we've lost a game, sack the manager chat' ?

Billychaotic182
20-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Can we get back to signing rumours and not this 'we've lost a game, sack the manager chat' ?

Agreed there are plenty of other threads for that, lets keep this one on topic

Springbank
20-07-2013, 01:39 AM

I think it's the groundhog day feel to the defeat rather than it being about just losing one game (and on a night where st j showed what's possible, even with a Hibs offcast in midfield)

Borderhibbie76
20-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Ffs can we get back to signing rumours please!!

manx hibee
20-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Ffs can we get back to signing rumours please!!

This ^^^^^

Fergus52
20-07-2013, 07:58 AM

:applause:.

Please direct me to where any poster has said that?

Pedantic_Hibee
20-07-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm one of Fenlon's biggest fans but I'd be aiming for 3rd or higher this season. No less.

johnrebus
20-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Rumours was, IMO, the most obnoxious album in the entire history of the world. Its only saving grace was that it hastened the advent of punk.

Memorably described by Andy Partridge as the musical equivalent of pre chewed food for old people.

silverhibee
20-07-2013, 08:59 AM

PF has had long enough to get this sorted, and if there isn't a balance to the team from the start then PF will quickly be shown the door by RP, he didn't mess about getting rid of LOB.

MrSmith
20-07-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm one of Fenlon's biggest fans but I'd be aiming for 3rd or higher this season. No less.

Not for me this season! Second should be our aim and main priority, anything less is a fail in my book. We cannot continue to roll along as a substandard club with no real aim in sight, participation is simply not enough anymore.

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Expect one or two non inspirational signings before the domestic activities begin, another up and down first half of the campaign with the customary happy clappers and their opposites on this site slugging it out for superiority rights as to whether we ought to expect better followed by a signing or two in January to attempt to keep the natives appeased.

Sound familiar - c'mon the Hibs.;-)

Unseen work
20-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Have heard from a "source" we've enquired about ex dons striker Chris Maguire. Not the prolific striker we need but could be utilised as more of a right winger. Could be garbage info though... Anyone else heard this?

RickyS
20-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Have heard from a "source" we've enquired about ex dons striker Chris Maguire. Not the prolific striker we need but could be utilised as more of a right winger. Could be garbage info though... Anyone else heard this?

would be happy with this if true.

Frogga
20-07-2013, 10:10 AM

I was speaking to a Wednesday fan last night who said that although he doesn't rate Maguire they only have him and Gary Madine in terms of strikers. Maybe we could get him if they sign some replacements.

CRAZYHIBBY
20-07-2013, 10:19 AM
I heard that fenlons top signing targets have snubbed us for other clubs and he is now looking at plan b bargain basement signings

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2013, 10:26 AM
I heard that fenlons top signing targets have snubbed us for other clubs and he is now looking at plan b bargain basement signings

So we have gone after a few players that would actually cost us money, and if you believe the rumours quite a bit of money?

We look like we have failed to get them, so the money has now gone and we are after players nobody else wants now, yip that makes sense. :rolleyes:

That would be crazyhibs.

Bishop Hibee
20-07-2013, 10:37 AM
I think Maguire is over rated. I'd prefer an experienced striker like Heffernen at killie who has scored 10-15 a season at the equivalent of spfl level.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-07-2013, 10:40 AM

Goodbye, cruel world.

:fenlon

Seriously, some fans don't deserve a club.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Anything less than 2nd place is under performance as we have the 2nd highest budget in the league. Time for excuses is over.
I'm still hopeful that some quality signings are on the way because as things stand I think we are weaker than last season.
I'm confident that we intend to sign a striker but we also need to improve our defence. A quality centre half is a must for me. I'm also a little concerned that Fenlon doesn't think Mullen a better option for the right back slot than the left footed Stevenson.

Teapot
20-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Anything less than 2nd place is under performance as we have the 2nd highest budget in the league. Time for excuses is over.
I'm still hopeful that some quality signings are on the way because as things stand I think we are weaker than last season.
I'm confident that we intend to sign a striker but we also need to improve our defence. A quality centre half is a must for me. I'm also a little concerned that Fenlon doesn't think Mullen a better option for the right back slot than the left footed Stevenson.

I think he will bed Mullen in over time. He's only 19 and hasn't had much experience in the SPL let alone playing against a European team like Malmo. Plus i think i read somewhere he has an injury?

I think stevenson is just playing there just now while we have the Malmo tie.

The_Horde
20-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Bedwetters are us as per?

Mikey
20-07-2013, 11:39 AM
So we have gone after a few players that would actually cost us money, and if you believe the rumours quite a bit of money?

We look like we have failed to get them, so the money has now gone and we are after players nobody else wants now, yip that makes sense. :rolleyes:

That would be crazyhibs.

I'd say that the standard of board bashing has gone down quite considerably. Sometimes there's just no thought put into it at all.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2013, 11:39 AM
;3680959']Bedwetters are us as per?

Not me. I'm confident we will have a good season and make the required signings.
All I am saying is that the pressure is now firmly on Pat to deliver. No more blaming Calderwood, talk of progress etc.
He has to produce the goods. Now. This season. With his team.

Pat 0-7
20-07-2013, 11:44 AM

A bit of punk is welcome on any thread IMO........:aok:

neil7908
20-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Not me. I'm confident we will have a good season and make the required signings.
All I am saying is that the pressure is now firmly on Pat to deliver. No more blaming Calderwood, talk of progress etc.
He has to produce the goods. Now. This season. With his team.

I agree with this 100%. Certainly not calling for the managers head this early in the season and I fully expect there to be further signing at ER before the window closes but this season is massive for Fenlon and the club. The teams above us have lost a lot of players and are already operating on lower budgets than us. We've got a league with no Rangers and a thoroughly weakened Hearts team. This is the best chance in my lifetime supporting Hibs for us to stake a claim as the 2nd biggest club in the SPL based on success and league placing, not attendance, budget etc.

This is well and truly Pat's team and the board have backed him pretty well based on the number of players he has signed.

If our club can establish itself as a consistent force in the SPL and start appearing in Europe regularly, challenging (and winning) trophies then we can get more fans to ER and set the foundations at the club for continued success.

But this season we've got to have more than progress, we need to show serious ambition and the results to back it up.

stokesmessiah
20-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Jesus!!!

Mullen was carrying an injury. You would make a cracking manager with your eye for detail.

Don't let the truth get in the way of knocking the club you apparently support.

Pat 0-7
20-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Memorably described by Andy Partridge as the musical equivalent of pre chewed food for old people.

:top marks :faf:

Anyway, back to signing rumours - I dont have any. Sorry.

But I believe that PF must know where we need strengthened and is working in the background to secure players.........I will hold off on judging his signings until the end of the window.......

:flag:

rcarter1
20-07-2013, 12:07 PM

I agree with the frustration of being behind a lot of clubs that seem much smaller than us. But I think that we are hampered by being significantly more expensive to operate, and so our wages are really not much bigger than these guys. McManus and others have voted with their feet, so Motherwell and perhaps a few other clubs seem to be doing something that we arent. Is it that Hibs are seen to be a high pressure club (ie big expectations from supporters?). Sproule and Wotherspoon look likely to do well at their clubs when seen as failures by many here. Is it the style they play, the freedom or lack of expectation that allows these guys to thrive?

I dont think Pat has got it all right, but really think we need to stick to our man for at least another season. A team without Griffiths will have to try to get goals from more people - and Pat is aware of that.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Jesus!!!

Mullen was carrying an injury. You would make a cracking manager with your eye for detail.

Don't let the truth get in the way of knocking the club you apparently support.

I have no aspirations to be a football manager.
To support the club you have to be critical of the club as well as defend it to the hilt in certain situations.
Always protecting the club from criticism is not good for a club. Look what happened to the old Rangers. Twenty years without a dissenting voice killed them.
Fair enough if Mullen was injured but I'm still concerned that Stevenson is our back up right back. That's another position that needs sorted this window.

Heisenberg
20-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Stevenson is our third choice right back behind both Mullen and Clancy. Our top two were out injured so he had to play. We don't need another right back just now, centre half, striker and creative midfielder all need filled.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Stevenson is our third choice right back behind both Mullen and Clancy. Our top two were out injured so he had to play. We don't need another right back just now, centre half, striker and creative midfielder all need filled.

Clancy was injured? That's surprising.
:-)
I agree with you 100% on the positions that need filled.

Vault Boy
20-07-2013, 12:27 PM

Hopefully we'll have Bradley Donaldson playing some part this season too.

Dashing Bob S
20-07-2013, 12:34 PM
We lucked out with Leigh Griffiths, who might yet return next year for family reasons (though I fear the waters might be muddied by the impregnation of several Black Country girls if he gets first team football at Wolves) but I feel a club like Hibs has to largely grow its own prolific strikers, creative midfielders and pacy wingers, or gamble on lower division talents. There's a premium on these players and the ones with a track record that are available and in our range tend to come with baggage (injury or psychological issues) and constitute a risk. Petrie and Fenlon are both risk-aversive by nature; nothing particularly wrong with that, but the consequences of it we have to live with.

Yes, it's easier to find decent defensive midfielders, and while you can't build a team around them, with our shaky back four, I'm glad they're around.

rcarter1
20-07-2013, 12:46 PM
We lucked out with Leigh Griffiths, who might yet return next year for family reasons (though I fear the waters might be muddied by the impregnation of several Black Country girls if he gets first team football at Wolves) but I feel a club like Hibs has to largely grow its own prolific strikers, creative midfielders and pacy wingers, or gamble on lower division talents. There's a premium on these players and the ones with a track record that are available and in our range tend to come with baggage (injury or psychological issues) and constitute a risk. Petrie and Fenlon are both risk-aversive by nature; nothing particularly wrong with that, but the consequences of it we have to live with.

Yes, it's easier to find decent defensive midfielders, and while you can't build a team around them, with our shaky back four, I'm glad they're around.

Its a good point. The club is under pressure to reverse some financially damaging seasons of late. If McPake cant recover his form, Forster looks well placed to step in. Harris, Caldwell and Handling are all attacking players and are in position to make the step up. If Clancy can get fit (Did Motherwell sell us a dummy? :bitchy:), and McGivern etc settle in, we have a decent enough spine. Vine looks like he could do a job, and hopefully helps bring on the young lads. With a bit of luck and confidence we could make inroads into the Top 6.

This bit still concerns me though, as we will need to get the balance of attacking/defending right. If attack is the best form of defence then getting that balance right is Pats biggest challenge..

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2013, 12:56 PM
We are not that far away from having a team that will contest a place in Europe again. A right sided midfielder, a centre forward and another centre half are very important though.

I think we will progress again this season, some folk are getting their knickers in a twist a tad early imo.

There is still nearly 6 weeks left before the transfer window closes, we will have a better idea about the team then. :aok:

Vault Boy
20-07-2013, 01:35 PM
We are not that far away from having a team that will contest a place in Europe again. A right sided midfielder, a centre forward and another centre half are very important though.

I think we will progress again this season, some folk are getting their knickers in a twist a tad early imo.

There is still nearly 6 weeks left before the transfer window closes, we will have a better idea about the team then. :aok:

Agree with all of that. :agree:

manx hibee
20-07-2013, 01:46 PM

This 100% ^^^^

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 01:57 PM

Admire your optimism BH.

;-)

C'mon the Hibs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thecat23
20-07-2013, 02:19 PM

That's the thing BH, the signings we have gone after aren't coming and we're getting further down the list. We need a striker now not last day of the window. I hate this pish "don't get knickers in a twist". I'm not but I'm also getting frustrated at how long it's taken to find a striker which right now the most important part if the team as it stands.

Folk also saying we should still aim for top six need to get a grip. A top 4 at the very least we should be expected to hit. Hibs are a big club in Scotland who have underachieved for Christ knows how long. Money doesn't need to be spent in the millions to get a squad that can finish top 3.

It's a good manager that can guide us, not saying hes not.. I'm fully behind Fenlon for this campaigne, but if he doesn't get a good striker in and we go like we did last season he should be punted. Yes he's a great guy, comes across well and ticks all those boxes. But if Hibs aren't doing it on the park sorry but he needs to go. This season is huge, again no Rangers and I'm sure 2nd this year gets CL, not 100% though on that. So get an attacking side on the go, cautious at times when needed no problem with that. But one up front at home and hoping to hit on the break will turn fans away.

Anyway lets hope we all see a Hibs side we enjoy watching and this season we can push as high as we can.

HibbyAndy
20-07-2013, 02:22 PM
That's the thing BH, the signings we have gone after aren't coming and we're getting further down the list. We need a striker now not last day of the window. I hate this pish "don't get knickers in a twist". I'm not but I'm also getting frustrated at how long it's taken to find a striker which right now the most important part if the team as it stands.

Folk also saying we should still aim for top six need to get a grip. A top 4 at the very least we should be expected to hit. Hibs are a big club in Scotland who have underachieved for Christ knows how long. Money doesn't need to be spent in the millions to get a squad that can finish top 3.

It's a good manager that can guide us, not saying hes not.. I'm fully behind Fenlon for this campaigne, but if he doesn't get a good striker in and we go like we did last season he should be punted. Yes he's a great guy, comes across well and ticks all those boxes. But if Hibs aren't doing it on the park sorry but he needs to go. This season is huge, again no Rangers and I'm sure 2nd this year gets CL, not 100% though on that. So get an attacking side on the go, cautious at times when needed no problem with that. But one up front at home and hoping to hit on the break will turn fans away.

Anyway lets hope we all see a Hibs side we enjoy watching and this season we can push as high as we can.

Million % Agree mate.

gegs70
20-07-2013, 02:30 PM

agree, we just werent prepared out of the 2 divisions most of the top scorers have been snapped up. I guess that was dwn to us teying to tie down Griffiths and lyle scott which meant that other targets went

Totally agree, we have kmown for a while we nd a forward

Kaiser1962
20-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Do we? What is our budget for this season and how does it compare to Aberdeen, Killie or United's?

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2013, 02:51 PM

You dont have to be Einstein to know we need a striker, but we have tried our hardest to get the one we all want.

Now so far we have not been able to bring in Griffiths, but would you rather we got someone in not as good as him, or would you rather we waited and maybe got him on the last day of the window?

I don't know if that will happen, but i know we have been doing our best to bring him back.

As i said just under 6 weeks to the window slamming shut, we might bring in our No1 target, or we might not. What i do know is we will be bringing in more players before then, and i will judge the team after that, not now.

We have made a bit of progress last season, and the same again would do me fine, they way some folk are panicking, you'd think nobody at the club knows we still need a few players?

Thecat23
20-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Yeah we have/are trying. But I'm hoping we have a better idea about Leigh now.

As for the rest of your post, I don't disagree, but one thing I do think is the "little bit of progress". Motherwell, Saints, Ross County improved massive not a little, through good management and not over cautious. Pat needs to also start fielding a more positive team and formation. Like I say fully behind him but was far from impressed with what I watched last season if I'm honest. Sorry if that doesn't go down well with folk just telling it how I see it.

Glasgow Hibee
20-07-2013, 03:00 PM
I suspect we will not see many (any) more permanent signings now unless we somehow manage to get past Malmo this week, but it is towards the end of the signing window that loan players become available and Pat (or the board) has shown that they are very happy getting players in on loan, so I suspect we will pick up a decent center half and striker by that method.

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I suspect we will not see many (any) more permanent signings now unless we somehow manage to get past Malmo this week, but it is towards the end of the signing window that loan players become available and Pat (or the board) has shown that they are very happy getting players in on loan, so I suspect we will pick up a decent center half and striker by that method.

Tiny bit off topic but anyone know how many more season tickets we've shifted after our great leaders call to arms ?

Unlikely to be any official announcement currently given our relative failure to secure any marquee signings.

:banghead:

C'mon the Hibs.

SaulGoodman
20-07-2013, 03:13 PM
agree, we just werent prepared out of the 2 divisions most of the top scorers have been snapped up. I guess that was dwn to us teying to tie down Griffiths and lyle scott which meant that other targets went

Totally agree, we have kmown for a while we nd a forward

Are we giving up with Nike already? :wink:

Keith_M
20-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Are we giving up with Nike already? :wink:

Yep, that's sooooo 1985.

Ozyhibby
20-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Do we? What is our budget for this season and how does it compare to Aberdeen, Killie or United's?

Can't be sure about Aberdeen as they are a similar size to us and do appear to be backing their new manager. But there is no way they can do well as they have a new manager who can't possibly be expected to turn things round quickly. That how it work, isn't it?
Dundee utd and Killie will both have budgets about 30% lower than ours.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Can't be sure about Aberdeen as they are a similar size to us and do appear to be backing their new manager. But there is no way they can do well as they have a new manager who can't possibly be expected to turn things round quickly. That how it work, isn't it?

How well have Aberdeen done so far this season, how many point do we need to catch them?

marinello59
20-07-2013, 03:42 PM

30% lower? Where did you get access to these figures from?

rcarter1
20-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Tiny bit off topic but anyone know how many more season tickets we've shifted after our great leaders call to arms ?

Unlikely to be any official announcement currently given our relative failure to secure any marquee signings.

C'mon the Hibs.

Looking at the stadium plan about 8000 tickets. I dont undestand how the two red sections in the West and Famous Five operate, as you cant buy tickets there. If these two areas count as fully booked up seasons then youre looking at closer to 9500.

rcarter1
20-07-2013, 03:46 PM

Sometimes? For all we know hes the best manager in the league and will do great. Or he plod along and make steady progress, or be a disaster.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Bit random but what kind of midfielder is Prince Buaben, creative/defensive? Does anyone rate him/would he be a good addition to our midfield?

lugz
20-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Bit random but what kind of midfielder is Prince Buaben, creative/defensive? Would anyone take him?

Seemed more holding at Dundee united and let gomis go box to box, still looked a quality player though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Seemed more holding at Dundee united and let gomis go box to box, still looked a quality player though.

So would you say Gomis is more of the attacking out of them both?

Kaiser1962
20-07-2013, 03:58 PM

That is not true.

Aberdeen outspend us regularly (£5.0m as opposed to £4.1m 2011-2012) and United were within £300k (7%) of our outlay, with Killie spending only £200k (5%) less than our £4.1m.

These are from 2011-2012 which are the latest available although Hibs and Aberdeen usually have their accounts out pretty quickly for the season just ended. Hearts spent double what we did and Celtic over eight times.

lugz
20-07-2013, 04:13 PM
So would you say Gomis is more of the attacking out of them both?

Yeah I'd say so, at the time when they were both at D.utd I'd have been delighted if we had signed either.

Just looked at their stats Bauben scored 2 more goals in 30 less games so maybe I'm wrong haha.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah I'd say so, at the time when they were both at D.utd I'd have been delighted if we had signed either.

Just looked at their stats Bauben scored 2 more goals in 30 less games so maybe I'm wrong haha.

IMO, I think either of then would be a good signing.

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Looking at the stadium plan about 8000 tickets. I dont undestand how the two red sections in the West and Famous Five operate, as you cant buy tickets there. If these two areas count as fully booked up seasons then youre looking at closer to 9500.

Cheers, think it would be a result if we managed 9,500 season ticket holders.

Tin hat time again - how many more could we add to that figure if we showed just a wee bit ambition ?

:)

C'mon the Hibs.

rcarter1
20-07-2013, 04:48 PM

Tin hat time again - how many more could we add to that figure if we showed just a wee bit ambition ?

C'mon the Hibs.

Thats the magic question. A few years back we hit about 14000 average attendances, whereas we are about 10-11,000 right now. An extra 3000 bums per match equates to about 50K/match, or about 1,000,000 pounds over 20 home games. Merchandising and other bits and bobs tends to mean its worth more like 1,500,000. Problem is going from 11K to 14K would require something quite remarkable.

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Thats the magic question. A few years back we hit about 14000 average attendances, whereas we are about 10-11,000 right now. An extra 3000 bums per match equates to about 50K/match, or about 1,000,000 pounds over 20 home games. Merchandising and other bits and bobs tends to mean its worth more like 1,500,000. Problem is going from 11K to 14K would require something quite remarkable.

Like 2 or 3 marquee signings maybe !!

C'mon the Hibs.

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Like 2 or 3 marquee signings

It's the in-tents suspense awaiting those marquee signings that's killing me !

Dunderhall
20-07-2013, 05:59 PM
It's the in-tents suspense awaiting those marquee signings that's killing me !
Just got to hope we are pitching offers at the right level.

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Just got to hope we are pitching offers at the right level.

What a wag !!!

C'mon the Hibs

Baldy Foghorn
20-07-2013, 06:24 PM

What if the Club signs a couple of big names, and yet the fans don't buy season tickets? Unfortunately the only way to guarantee bumper crowds, is to be winning games

Leishy1995
20-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Nobody else except the people running the club and the manager know our budget.

People on hibs.net love making up facts.

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 06:33 PM
What if the Club signs a couple of big names, and yet the fans don't buy season tickets? Unfortunately the only way to guarantee bumper crowds, is to be winning games

Yip, and the way to achieve that is by having better players - simples really.

C'mon the Hibs.

rcarter1
20-07-2013, 06:33 PM

Exactly. Hibs could push the boat out and spend 750,000 on some decent players. If they did well, and we finish say fourth, thats not likely to add 3000 onto our current gate. Last season we started amazing and yet the crowds barely budged. I suppose it takes a few seasons of sustained achievement/entertainment to build up that kind of support.

Kaiser1962
20-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Nobody else except the people running the club and the manager know our budget.

People on hibs.net love making up facts.

Your right of course but the wage bill is as good an indicator as we are likely to have.

steviehibsleith
20-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Fran Sandaza are Hibs sniffing or just a rumour anyone heard anything ?

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Exactly. Hibs could push the boat out and spend 750,000 on some decent players. If they did well, and we finish say fourth, thats not likely to add 3000 onto our current gate. Last season we started amazing and yet the crowds barely budged. I suppose it takes a few seasons of sustained achievement/entertainment to build up that kind of support.

You are probably spot on, the three thousand that you quote may not happen overnight but hopefully a good percentage of that figure might jump on board over the first season if we were playing attractive football and winning more, its a gamble of course but then life's a gamble isn't it - anyway its academic, its not Rod's way is it - and I'm not having a pop at Rod before anyone takes offence.

C'mon the Hibs.

Leishy1995
20-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Your right of course but the wage bill is as good an indicator as we are likely to have.

Yep, but it will change every single year. I doubt Petrie posts here

truehibernian
20-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm told young Danny Carmichael ripped Hearts apart today - was a target for Pat last year/season, however I think he signed a new contract for Queens. If money is in the pot, please Pat, please.......make an offer, pay a fee and sign this young talent up :aok:

IWasThere2016
20-07-2013, 07:43 PM

In style..

cad
20-07-2013, 07:44 PM
With the transfer window still open ,and Hibs needing 2 maybe 3 players to boost our squad, what do people think the wages on offer from Hibs will be to sign said players

jabis
20-07-2013, 08:39 PM

C'mon the Hibs.

Like 2 or 3 marquee signings maybe !!

C'mon the Hibs.

What a wag !!!

C'mon the Hibs

Yip, and the way to achieve that is by having better players - simples really.

C'mon the Hibs.

You are probably spot on, the three thousand that you quote may not happen overnight but hopefully a good percentage of that figure might jump on board over the first season if we were playing attractive football and winning more, its a gamble of course but then life's a gamble isn't it - anyway its academic, its not Rod's way is it - and I'm not having a pop at Rod before anyone takes offence.

C'mon the Hibs.

please God,I never bump into you in a pub :everythin

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 08:53 PM
please God,I never bump into you in a pub :everythin

Don't think God drinks in pubs.

Confused.

C'mon the Hibs.

jabis
20-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Don't think God drinks in pubs.

Confused.

C'mon the Hibs.

God is OMNIPRESENT,He drinks everywhere.
confused ?..No ***** Sherlock :aok:

NOLA
20-07-2013, 09:14 PM
With the transfer window still open ,and Hibs needing 2 maybe 3 players to boost our squad, what do people think the wages on offer from Hibs will be to sign said players
1k a week up to 2.5k a week

NOLA
20-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Is that FACT is it? yes, sorry i never added FACT.

renato
20-07-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm told young Danny Carmichael ripped Hearts apart today - was a target for Pat last year/season, however I think he signed a new contract for Queens. If money is in the pot, please Pat, please.......make an offer, pay a fee and sign this young talent up :aok:

Posted re this lad a few times TH, my favourite player from the lower leagues and is exactly what we need. Good enough to step up and would finally give us pace, creativity and ammunition for Vine, Caldwell or whoever else we sign.

Reminds me of a young crunchie.

Pat was interested last season, I hope he's still on our radar.

Heisenberg
20-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Posted re this lad a few times TH, my favourite player from the lower leagues and is exactly what we need. Good enough to step up and would finally give us pace, creativity and ammunition for Vine, Caldwell or whoever else we sign.

Reminds me of a young crunchie.

Pat was interested last season, I hope he's still on our radar.

I'm sure I read he was joining Killie when his contract is up. Can't remember where though.

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 10:00 PM
God is OMNIPRESENT,He drinks everywhere.
confused ?..No ***** Sherlock :aok:

Thanks for the info, where's his local ?

Still confused . . . Yes ***** Dr Watson.

jabis
20-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the info, where's his local ?

Still confused . . . Yes ***** Dr Watson.

you forgot....

C'mon the hibs

:coffee:

Eternal Hibbie
20-07-2013, 10:20 PM
you forgot....

C'mon the hibs

:coffee:

Did too, thanks for that buddy . . .

And the :)

Catch u later.

Leishy1995
20-07-2013, 10:21 PM
According to a drunk sir rod Petrie on twitter

"@Sir_RodPetrie: Deal broke down with Nish, he asked for my pen the ****ing slag.

Turning back the years to the sensations Amadou Konte"

jabis
20-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Did too, thanks for that buddy . . .

And the :)

Catch u later.

I see what you did there,you clever chap.

:fishin:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Think we need about 4 players.

Defender: Experienced and verstile.
Central Midfielder: Creative, Buanben or Gomis?
Winger: Fast, Direct and Skillful.
Striker: Proven goalscorer.

All in my opinion:aok:

jodjam
21-07-2013, 04:05 AM
Think we need about 4 players.

Defender: Experienced and verstile.
Central Midfielder: Creative, Buanben or Gomis?
Winger: Fast, Direct and Skillful.
Striker: Proven goalscorer.

All in my opinion:aok:

If you remove the names of the players above then you have just described what every manager would like to have.

sahib
21-07-2013, 06:41 AM
If you remove the names of the players above then you have just described what every manager would like to have.

All we need to do is sign loads and loads of really good players. It is not rocket science and I bet they will be so glad to sign for a club like ours that they won't want hardly any wages. In fact, when they see our world leading training complex they will probably give half the wages back.:wink:

theonlywayisup
21-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Any new signing rumours, or am I on the wrong thread :confused:

Billychaotic182
21-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Any new signing rumours, or am I on the wrong thread :confused:

No this is the bash Fenlon and say was doomed we are thread. Don't let the title fool you

JDHibs
21-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Just came on to see any rumours and its page upon page of fenlon bashing and everyone saying what we need. We know what we need. No point bashing fenlon.

Rumours?

cad
21-07-2013, 10:13 AM
1k a week up to 2.5k a week

I think Pats got his work cut out TBH if we are looking to improve on the quality we have.

Diclonius
21-07-2013, 11:07 AM
If we sign a centre back and a winger along with Collins then we're good to go this season. :agree: