PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

YehButNoBut
14-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Noticed Celtic want to put Tony Watt out on loan, we've been linked with him before, what about him and Vine upfront for a season then hopefully Sparky back.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/5012072/Watt-a-shame.html

TONY WATT is set to be the first casualty of Neil Lennon’s summer rebuilding at Celtic — just months after sinking Barcelona.

The striker will be allowed to leave on loan if Celts receive a suitable offer.

leithsansiro
14-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Noticed Celtic want to put Tony Watt out on loan, we've been linked with him before, what about him and Vine upfront for a season then hopefully Sparky back.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/5012072/Watt-a-shame.html

Linked by official sources before, or folk on here? There's a big difference, but he'd be a good shout

Col2
14-07-2013, 10:02 AM

TONY WATT is set to be the first casualty of Neil Lennon’s summer rebuilding at Celtic — just months after sinking Barcelona.

The striker will be allowed to leave on loan if Celts receive a suitable offer.

Would be delighted with that but can't see Lennon loaning out to another SPL side

brian6-2
14-07-2013, 10:13 AM
cant see watt happening as they will probably lose hooper in the next week or 2.

PeterboroHibee
14-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Would be delighted with that but can't see Lennon loaning out to another SPL side

I dont see why not, if he is loaning him out with a view of bringing him back to Celtic then getting experience in the same league is ideal! It also isnt going to do Celtic any harm if he cant play against them.

YehButNoBut
14-07-2013, 10:24 AM
I dont see why not, if he is loaning him out with a view of bringing him back to Celtic then getting experience in the same league is ideal! It also isnt going to do Celtic any harm if he cant play against them.

We also had Towell on loan a few years back so there is a history there, we should certainly be enquiring about him.

gegs70
14-07-2013, 10:28 AM
If celetic lose hooper whats the chances that they may lookbat sparky...even although he is not celtic class!?

Hermit Crab
14-07-2013, 10:44 AM
If celetic lose hooper whats the chances that they may lookbat sparky...even although he is not celtic class!?

@TransferTweeter: #Southampton Billy Sharp could be set for a move to #Celtic, a blow for #readingfc #Doncaster #saintsfc #drfc

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Tony Watt on loan would be brilliant... If we signed another striker first IMO. Give us some different options.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2013, 11:26 AM
"@TheScottishView: @tonycrawford_ All I will say is Dont rule out the Taylor deal just yet."

GlenrothesHibee
14-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Is Kujabi still at the club?

Keith_M
14-07-2013, 12:10 PM

He wouldn't get a place in their team (source: Neil Lennon)

Hermit Crab
14-07-2013, 12:24 PM
@HibernianFans: Pat Fenlon will bring in another striker before the new season

Wilson
14-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Really?! What a shock!

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2013, 01:03 PM

I cant see it myself, do we need another striker?

brydekirk
14-07-2013, 01:06 PM

This guy is a joke, please ignore.

Willis1875
14-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Is Kujabi still at the club?

A family member of mine was clearing out his old rented apartment last week so he must be offski.

muirhousehibby
14-07-2013, 01:20 PM
A family member of mine was clearing out his old rented apartment last week so he must be offski.

He was released weeks ago.

J-C
14-07-2013, 01:25 PM

His contract was up in July he had 18 month deal.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2013, 01:51 PM
This guy is a joke, please ignore.

He has no source it seems. He's also adamant that McManus will sign.

Wilbur
14-07-2013, 02:00 PM
According to the sun, Watt will be allowed to leave on loan if a suitable offer comes in. Does anyone think he could do a job for us short term?

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 02:02 PM
According to the sun, Watt will be allowed to leave on loan if a suitable offer comes in. Does anyone think he could do a job for us short term?

Would rather we spent a little and got the likes of Taylor or Boyce in on a permanent deal.

hibby rae
14-07-2013, 02:08 PM

I'd rather give game time and nurture our own young players than do Celtic's job for them.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Would rather we spent a little and got the likes of Taylor or Boyce in on a permanent deal.

It does seem like Taylor may end up at Sheffield united. No deal signed yet though so there's still a chance he may come to us.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 02:25 PM
I'd rather give game time and nurture our own young players than do Celtic's job for them.

Great shout. Why give him game time watch him improve then lose him back for nowt. Would rather we played our own kids and if they progress we have the option of selling for cash or keeping a decent player.
Watt has had the benefit of the usual OF media hype as well after scoring against Barcelona, bummed up to be the next big thing. I'm not convinced he is that good and obviously neither is Lennon

NOLA
14-07-2013, 02:28 PM

Rossco can do a job for us short term, much rather we brought in someone with more exp.

Pray4Marc
14-07-2013, 03:27 PM

There's no way Celtic would give us Tony Watt. Will want him playing championship level.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 03:32 PM
There's no way Celtic would give us Tony Watt. Will want him playing championship level.
What they want and what they get may be two different things. Media hype was astonishing as usual about a young OF player, remember John Fleck being touted for a Scotland cap after two or three games for Rangers, where is he now??? The same happened with Watt. One goal and then some sub appearances does not make him the player the press suggested.

Since90+2
14-07-2013, 03:35 PM
What they want and what they get may be two different things. Media hype was astonishing as usual about a young OF player, remember John Fleck being touted for a Scotland cap after two or three games for Rangers, where is he now??? The same happened with Watt. One goal and then some sub appearances does not make him the player the press suggested.

Tony Watt is how old? 19?

Far too early to judge what kind of player he will be. Looks to have potential though.

Big Sexy Dave
14-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Not a rumor(Not the Fleetwood Mac album) but I'd try and get Tony Watt on loan. He could be this years Leigh.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 03:40 PM

Far too early to judge what kind of player he will be. Looks to have potential though.
I agree but when Ross Caldwell scored the winner against Hearts, a real quality finish, the press didn't go overboard about him and I think he has great potential as well. And I know that only in the simple minds of Jambos do they and Barcelona compare but I hope you see what I mean.

Leighonel
14-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Not a rumor(Not the Fleetwood Mac album) but I'd try and get Tony Watt on loan. He could be this years Leigh.

You are funny.

weecounty hibby
14-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Why would you take an unproven 19 year old from another club to take the place of our own unproven kids. Sorry but just because he plays for one of the OF and he scored a goal against Barcelona doesn't make him some kind of star.
If Lennon doesn't want him that must mean he is at least fifth choice behind Hooper, Stokes, Samaras, Forrest. Added to that probably some of the other young strikers at Parkhead must be ahead of him for the bench positions for them to allow him to go on loan. Folk like McCourt were ahead of him as well at the end of the season

Andy74
14-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Why would you take an unproven 19 year old from another club to take the place of our own unproven kids. Sorry but just because he plays for one of the OF and he scored a goal against Barcelona doesn't make him some kind of star.
If Lennon doesn't want him that must mean he is at least fifth choice behind Hooper, Stokes, Samaras, Forrest. Added to that probably some of the other young strikers at Parkhead must be ahead of him for the bench positions for them to allow him to go on loan. Folk like McCourt were ahead of him as well at the end of the season

I've only seen Watt a handful of times but he looked well above anything I've seen from Handling or Cadwell. Dont really want a Celtic player on loan but still, ability is a reason you'd take another 19 year old to go with our own.

Leishy1995
14-07-2013, 04:10 PM

As already stated he gets his source from sir rod who for once isn't lifting from this thread

Big Sexy Dave
14-07-2013, 06:03 PM

He's a good finisher, If I was Lemmon I'd keep him, if he improves us in the short term then it's all good, Leigh, Eremenko, Danny Wilson etc etc there's plenty of players who have had undoubted successful loan spells at SPL clubs. I'm sure if we asked Lawell nicely he'll even pay most of Watt's wages.

GlenrothesHibee
14-07-2013, 06:11 PM
He's a good finisher, If I was Lemmon I'd keep him, if he improves us in the short term then it's all good, Leigh, Eremenko, Danny Wilson etc etc there's plenty of players who have had undoubted successful loan spells at SPL clubs. I'm sure if we asked Lawell nicely he'll even pay most of Watt's wages.

Did Danny Wilson have a successful loan spell?

Big Sexy Dave
14-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Did Danny Wilson have a successful loan spell?

He was one of there better players last season from what I seen, maybe Esmial at St Mirren would have been a better example.

stevenhibs
14-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Probably posted somewhere else but seemingly Ryan Noble has just tweeted saying that he's "on the move tomorrow".

Picked it up from the Sunderland forum. First reply was... Hibs?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=791359

joe breezy
14-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Probably posted somewhere else but seemingly Ryan Noble has just tweeted saying that he's "on the move tomorrow".

Picked it up from the Sunderland forum. First reply was... Hibs?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=791359

Someone on the Bounce posted on 1st July that he was signing the next day for Hibs

Sky say lots of clubs interested

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8802423/Transfer-News-Ryan-Noble-looking-for-right-move

Ryan69
14-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Looking at the statistic...I hope hes not going to ER! Im certain Nade has a better scoring record. Against better teams too.
If we sign him...it will be a Kuqi signing,hes there taking a wage but not playing. After he plays a couple of games of course.

Bearders
14-07-2013, 09:08 PM

On the park, certainly. Off the park, a lot to learn I,m told. A few incidents that Lennon is not happy about, hence the reason he did not feature towards end of last season.

Speedway
14-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Is that OTJ stood next to McPake at 0:58?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w9cjqQgqts

Andy74
14-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Looking at the statistic...I hope hes not going to ER! Im certain Nade has a better scoring record. Against better teams too.
If we sign him...it will be a Kuqi signing,hes there taking a wage but not playing. After he plays a couple of games of course.

Eh?

Hermit Crab
14-07-2013, 09:27 PM

That's the spirit give him a chance.

Baldy Foghorn
14-07-2013, 09:36 PM
That's the spirit give him a chance.

Amazing Rooney, how some have made their minds up, before he has even kicked a ball for us in anger......

Nothing like talking the Hibs up is there......:rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Is that OTJ stood next to McPake at 0:58?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w9cjqQgqts

Yep. Big lad, he's 6'3"

jabis
14-07-2013, 09:51 PM

??????????

Edit,just seen your reply.

Editit,how many times have you seen him play ?

Hermit Crab
14-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Amazing Rooney, how some have made their minds up, before he has even kicked a ball for us in anger......

Nothing like talking the Hibs up is there......:rolleyes:

Before he's even signed. Assuming he does of course.

Baldy Foghorn
14-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Before he's even signed. Assuming he does of course.

True......:cb

Squealing pig
14-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Harry bunn on loan from man city, might be a bit rusty dobe his first training session in ten months on 4 july

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Harry bunn on loan from man city, might be a bit rusty dobe his first training session in ten months on 4 july

Source?

Squealing pig
14-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Source?

Hibernianfc fans on twitter and bunns twitter

LancsHibs
14-07-2013, 10:54 PM
Hope not, we have our own young strikers to bring through!

DAVE1875
14-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Yep. Big lad, he's 6'3"

Longest femurs in Wales :wink:

Squealing pig
14-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Source?

Heisenberg
14-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Bunn has nothing about it on his twitter. Just some guy saying he's been linked to us on loan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2013, 11:32 PM

HibernianFans twitter are not the most reliable & they dont have any sources, dont listen to them bud. On the other hand, I just had a look at his twitter and there is nothing there to suggest he's signing for hibs.

Leishy1995
15-07-2013, 12:49 AM
HibernianFans twitter are not the most reliable & they dont have any sources, dont listen to them bud. On the other hand, I just had a look at his twitter and there is nothing there to suggest he's signing for hibs.

I did see a tweet to sir rod about it, apparently it was pray4marc on here

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 01:07 AM
I did see a tweet to sir rod about it, apparently it was pray4marc on here

Aw aye, just saw it. If we do sign Bunn on loan, I wonder if we will still be looking for a more experienced/prolific striker on a permanent?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 02:48 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TSJL8BOXfCo#

1875Hibees
15-07-2013, 02:53 AM
We wont sign him thankfully.

HibeeMG
15-07-2013, 03:27 AM

Going by that video he seems pretty comfortable scoring with either foot.

brydekirk
15-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Going by that video he seems pretty comfortable scoring with either foot.

Some of the video's are a couple of years old, is there any of the current bunn !

greenlex
15-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Some of the video's are a couple of years old, is there any of the current bunn !
:hilarious

Pray4Marc
15-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Aw aye, just saw it. If we do sign Bunn on loan, I wonder if we will still be looking for a more experienced/prolific striker on a permanent?

It's just been an enquiry no further than that. Fitness concern is a worry with him.

Heisenberg
15-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Signing this Harry Bunn guy would be utterly pointless. We've got two of our own 19 year olds to bring on first. I think we'll sign another CH as cover, no idea who though.

Andy74
15-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Signing this Harry Bunn guy would be utterly pointless. We've got two of our own 19 year olds to bring on first. I think we'll sign another CH as cover, no idea who though.

Are all 19 year olds of equal ability? :confused:

Heisenberg
15-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Are all 19 year olds of equal ability? :confused:

This guy has been on loan 4 times scoring 1 goal. He's also been out injured for a long period of time. I'd rather we avoided him and brought on our own players.

bingo70
15-07-2013, 10:06 AM
This guy has been on loan 4 times scoring 1 goal. He's also been out injured for a long period of time. I'd rather we avoided him and brought on our own players.

Realistically he won't make the break through at city so more than likely if he does well with us he probablywould end up being one of ours.

If he's better than Caldwell and handling I'm all for it

Treadstone
15-07-2013, 10:12 AM

:agree:

He has to be first team ready and good enough or whats the point. We have our own inexperienced lads who don't need bumped down the pecking order. A little worried about the message it sends to the young players at the club. I thought the young lads responded magnificently towards the end of the season and got their rewards.

Pray4Marc
15-07-2013, 10:21 AM

He has to be first team ready and good enough or whats the point. We have our own inexperienced lads who don't need bumped down the pecking order. A little worried about the message it sends to the young players at the club. I thought the young lads responded magnificently towards the end of the season and got their rewards.

Personally I didn't no who he was, done a bit of research and his goal record is hardly inspiring also not played for a good few months. Your right about sending the wrong message to the youth players. Only things I can see here is that we wouldn't have to contribute heavily towards his wages, purely financial motivate behind this. No bid has been made, just an enquiry. Hopefully its a non starter.

Ozyhibby
15-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Without Griffiths and Claros I think we are still weaker than we were last season. Time to pull the finger out Pat & Rod.

Wilson
15-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Without Griffiths and Claros I think we are still weaker than we were last season. Time to pull the finger out Pat & Rod.

Griffiths is the big miss. We have made some good signings in midfield. Griffiths had that x-factor which you can't really replace on our budget. Probably why people are still looking for one or two experienced strikers to compliment our promising youngsters and Rowan Vine.

SaulGoodman
15-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Does Vines beard come as a separate signing? :shocked:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPNYF00CQAAEELu.jpg:large

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Does Vines beard come as a separate signing? :shocked:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPNYF00CQAAEELu.jpg:large

Thats got nothing on Daytons old beard lol

patch1875
15-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Did he play for Chelsea? With our current strikers he would be the icing on the cake and the cherry on top

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Hope we bring in a more experienced striker than Bunn imo.

Heisenberg
15-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Hope we bring in a more experienced striker than Bunn imo.

That was my main gripe. We need an experienced striker who's scored goals recently, not a young guy that still has to prove himself.

Big Sexy Dave
15-07-2013, 11:51 AM
??????????

Edit,just seen your reply.

Editit,how many times have you seen him play ?

Just on the telly or when he's played against Hibs. I like the lad. He looks a good player. Him off a target man would make up for the loss of super Leigh.

Billychaotic182
15-07-2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/23201

.Sean.
15-07-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/23201Exciting stuff.

Andy74
15-07-2013, 11:57 AM
I think we might be looking for 3 strikers total given some of the younger guys being mentioned.

johncrobertson@
15-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Released Blues striker Ronan Murray is set to join SPL side Hibernian on trial, TWTD understands. The 21-year-old was told he wouldn’t be offered new terms by Town at the end of the season.

Irish U21 international Murray made one start and 13 sub appearances for the Blues after progressing through the academy, scoring one senior goal. He spent time on trial at Torquay, Swindon and Plymouth while with Town.

Big Sexy Dave
15-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Nope - not always - but regularly never the less.

From memory - Sheridan/St Johnstone and Goodwin/St Mirren are recent examples to add to McManus/Motherwell.

Oh well. What a loss. A ***** Samaras that got kept out the Killie team by a young player that's scored 2 goals in his life and a overweight, slow match fixer. Sack the board.

3pm
15-07-2013, 12:00 PM
http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/23201

Get one arm up in the air if you like signing Irish folk!

:fenlon

Moving back to McManus, we will soon see how good he is. He acted the hard man but was he that good? He would dive in time and time again and was good for making a few mistakes....and that was in a good team. I am not sure it's the miss a few of you seem to think it is but we won't know until the season has started.

Andy74
15-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Ryan Nelson. Just chucking that back in.

HibbyAndy
15-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Released Blues striker Ronan Murray is set to join SPL side Hibernian on trial, TWTD understands. The 21-year-old was told he wouldn’t be offered new terms by Town at the end of the season.

Irish U21 international Murray made one start and 13 sub appearances for the Blues after progressing through the academy, scoring one senior goal. He spent time on trial at Torquay, Swindon and Plymouth while with Town.

Who is the Blues ?.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Ryan Nelson. Just chucking that back in.

Ryan Noble?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Who is the Blues ?.

Ipswich

HibbyAndy
15-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Ipswich

:aok:

Andy74
15-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Ryan Noble?

That'll do too. Big black Audi with RN number plate pulled into ER. Two and two and all that!

bingo70
15-07-2013, 12:45 PM
That'll do too. Big black Audi with RN number plate pulled into ER. Two and two and all that!

You no a bit old to be hanging about the car park with yer autograph book?

God Petrie
15-07-2013, 12:47 PM
It's RoNaldo. I'm waiting in the shop and he just nipped in to pick up a Hibs top with griffiths on the back.

Andy74
15-07-2013, 12:51 PM
You no a bit old to be hanging about the car park with yer autograph book?

I like to glimpse Rod when I can.

10 RN - surely a striker with initials RN?! If anyone claims this car I'm going to be diasppointed when they are a plumber or something.

Diclonius
15-07-2013, 12:58 PM

10 RN - surely a striker with initials RN?! If anyone claims this car I'm going to be diasppointed when they are a plumber or something.

Ryan Noble?

jgl07
15-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Ryan Noble?

We want Ross Noble.

manx hibee
15-07-2013, 01:13 PM

What kind of car ??

GordonHFC
15-07-2013, 01:15 PM
What kind of car ??

Already quoted as a big black audi

Andy74
15-07-2013, 01:17 PM
What kind of car ??

Black Audi - is it the Q7 that's the SUV type of thing?

CallumLaidlaw
15-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Black Audi - is it the Q7 that's the SUV type of thing?

Well I just googled "Ryan Noble Audi", and found this on a Hartlepool site -

On another point, Ryan Noble drives a 12 reg Audi Q7, list price £42,905. It may well be on a lease scheme, but there's that much money in top flight football that even the Ryan Noble's of this world have 'made it', without really achieving anything in their careers.

manx hibee
15-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Already quoted as a big black audi

my bad sorry
just googled the reg and it says its on A black Bentley
sorry

Andy74
15-07-2013, 01:35 PM
my bad sorry
just googled the reg and it says its on A black Bentley
sorry

Well it's not now, or the 10 was made up of something else.

If he previously had a Q7 with 12 plates the private reg may be a recent addition.

Or this car may have nothing to do with him! :greengrin

SMAXXA
15-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Well it's not now, or the 10 was made up of something else.

If he previously had a Q7 with 12 plates the private reg may be a recent addition.

Or this car may have nothing to do with him! :greengrin

Hibs fans in player stalking shocker, said player threatening to bring an injunction out on these individuals that would rsult in a banning order from ER when said player is playing as fans cant be within half a mile of said player :greengrin

GraniteCityHibs
15-07-2013, 01:55 PM
He doesn't even have a car.

He's a biker.

hibseleven
15-07-2013, 02:00 PM
not sure if mentioned but just been told Dougie Imrie is training with us til Thursday. Allegedly he's been training with Morton but with us this week.

SteveHFC
15-07-2013, 02:01 PM
not sure if mentioned but just been told Dougie Imrie is training with us til Thursday. Allegedly he's been training with Morton but with us this week.

http://www.50ayear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Homer-Facepalm2.jpg

Wilson
15-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Seems like Fenlon's type. Offers some versatility as a winger come forward. Personally, I'd prefer Celia Imrie.

Andy74
15-07-2013, 02:07 PM
http://www.50ayear.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Homer-Facepalm2.jpg

This place was mayhem for a few days when we 'lost out' in signing him previously.

.Sean.
15-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Seems like Fenlon's type. Offers some versatility as a winger come forward. Personally, I'd prefer Celia Imrie.I'd prefer Dougie Donnelly.

Pedantic_Hibee
15-07-2013, 02:11 PM
My old man loves Dougie Imrie for some reason. I'm not even sure if he's ever seen him play. Or heard of him.

bingo70
15-07-2013, 02:12 PM

Craig and Harris will be our first choice wingers, other than that there's not a lot of depth in the squad for that position, won't be easy getting someone to come to us knowing they'd likely be on the bench most weeks so I'd think he's probably not a bad option to be considering.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 02:43 PM

This what makes me wonder about who signs some of our players as Imrie was a target for us under Collins.

Have the buddies released him by the way, as he still has a year on his contract.

hibseleven
15-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Have the buddies released him by the way, as he still has a year on his contract.[/QUOTE]

not too sure. My mate just sent me a FB message to say he had been training with Morton with a view to signing but had suddenly came to train with us til Thursday.

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Dougie Imrie was in high demand and subject to big transfer battles by giants like Hamilton and St Mirren in recent years.

Has done nothing ever of any note to make me think he is "Hibs class". The fact that he was emptied by St Mirren after a non-season is a worry but it could have been for non-football reasons. Essentially though we are looking at a St Mirren reject. St Mirren who, despite a cup win, were in danger of being caught last season by a rotten Dundee team.

To cap it all off, a midfielder - a posistion where we don't need cover. Unless he signs and is used up top. If it was Imrie, Vine, Handling and Caldwell to choose from then can't exactly see a goal fest next season.

PS - que meltdown of the Board when he trains with us for a week and then "chooses" Morton!!!!

Sorry but, Kevin Thomson aside, the transfer dealings/rumours of the last 6 weeks have done little to inspire (said 6 weeks as it is more than 6 weeks since McGivern, OTJ and Craig signed). Still, 6 weeks to go.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Dougie Imrie was in high demand and subject to big transfer battles by giants like Hamilton and St Mirren in recent years.

Has done nothing ever of any note to make me think he is "Hibs class". The fact that he was emptied by St Mirren after a non-season is a worry but it could have been for non-football reasons. Essentially though we are looking at a St Mirren reject. St Mirren who, despite a cup win, were in dnager of being caught lasts season by a rotten Dundee team.

To cap it all off, a midfielder - a posistion where we don't need cover. Unless he signs and is used up top. If it was Imrie, Vine, Handling and Caldwell to choose from then can't exactly see a goal fest next season.

PS - que meltdown of the Board when he trains with us for a week and then "chooses" Morton!!!!

Sorry but, Kevin Thomson aside, the transfer dealings/rumours of the last 6 weeks have done little to inspire (said 6 weeks as it is more than 6 weeks since McGivern, OTJ and Craig signed). Still, 6 weeks to go.

This is spot on.

Heisenberg
15-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Dougie Imrie would be a terrible signing. Hope its just rumours about the trial.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 03:03 PM
What interests me is that we've not gone for Billy McKay as far as we know.

As many goals as Sparky in the league last season, Irish and ICT are always hurting for cash.

I know he's a midget and only signed a new deal in March but I thought he might be one of the 'proven SPL' players that we might have turned to for goals.

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 03:06 PM

As many goals as Sparky in the league last season, Irish and ICT are always hurting for cash.

I know he's a midget and only signed a new deal in March but I thought he might be one of the 'proven SPL' players that we might have turned to for goals.

I mentioned him a few weeks ago as being worth a shout but wasn't sure re his contract status.

Do wonder if he is the sort of player that plays well in a certain team and won't carry the spark that Sparky has about him elsewhere. Plus, a bit of a gamble to pay money for him based on one good season. That said, he has a good first half of this season and we'll probably be priced out of the market for him.

Would have been less of a gamble to spend 100 - 200k on than Lyle Taylor anyway.

Andy74
15-07-2013, 03:09 PM

Has done nothing ever of any note to make me think he is "Hibs class". The fact that he was emptied by St Mirren after a non-season is a worry but it could have been for non-football reasons. Essentially though we are looking at a St Mirren reject. St Mirren who, despite a cup win, were in danger of being caught last season by a rotten Dundee team.

He's is more of a forward or winger.

Not sure what happened at St Mirren but actually he was in demand last year. Dundee Utd had a bid turned down and he eventually went to St Mirren. There were more than a few on here who were gutted we hadn't signed him.

For a cheap back up I wouldn't argue with us having a look at him.

Disagree on signings so far. All pretty good and needed. Perhaps we done some of our business too early and it hasn't really been appreciated the good work that we've done so far?

Leigh isn't signing, we need to accept that we shouldn't be looking for that level of excitement!

GlenrothesHibee
15-07-2013, 03:11 PM

Not a bad shout actually. Small but so is Sparky. He would do well with Vine holding the ball up/knock ons etc.

As for Dougie Imrie. He has talent but is in the same mould as the likes of Gary Harkins. Very talented but for whatever reason always seems to knock around the smaller clubs. Nothing wrong at all with taking players on trial though.

brog
15-07-2013, 03:16 PM

Actually St M outbid Dundee Utd for his signature 18 months ago. I think i read his contract was terminated by mutual consent & he certainly didnt make a huge impact at Saints. FWIW I've always thought DI a decent player but I'm not sure he's what we need right now.

SMAXXA
15-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Ive always like Imrie for some reason, to be honest I would have taken him 2 years ago but if this is the standard we are looking at it is quite underwhelming. Saying that if hes a cheap option as a squad player then I wouldnt worry too much, after all we havnt got great options on the wing or up top.

IWasThere2016
15-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I would be most disappointed if we wasted a wage on Imrie.

Billychaotic182
15-07-2013, 03:17 PM
That boy Agent Scotland just tweeted that speedways Sparky rumour is false :(

Speedway
15-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I just hope we're not out of ideas on player recruitment by July 15th.

IWasThere2016
15-07-2013, 03:19 PM

Great news - AS gets even less right than Speedway :greengrin

Speedway

Whew, at last, a credible source.

HibbyAndy

Me to.

That is a scraping the bottom of the barrell signing.IMO.

IWasThere2016
Me to.

You no on holiday yet?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Dougie Imrie & Ronan Murray, no thanks.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Great news - AS gets even less right than Speedway :greengrin

You've taught us everything we know. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
15-07-2013, 03:21 PM
You no on holiday yet?

The morn Garry :greengrin:.. Cannae wait !!

Andy74
I just hope we're not out of ideas on player recruitment by July 15th.

We clearly are. :greengrin

I hope Hibs aren't.

The Sea-gull
He's is more of a forward or winger.

Not sure what happened at St Mirren but actually he was in demand last year. Dundee Utd had a bid turned down and he eventually went to St Mirren. There were more than a few on here who were gutted we hadn't signed him.

For a cheap back up I wouldn't argue with us having a look at him.

Disagree on signings so far. All pretty good and needed. Perhaps we done some of our business too early and it hasn't really been appreciated the good work that we've done so far?

Leigh isn't signing, we need to accept that we shouldn't be looking for that level of excitement!

Do we really need more cheap back up? Think we are well enough covered in wide midfield/wings and would rather Handling and Caldwell were the back up for the forward areas as a signing like this might restrict their chances.

I wasn't meaning our signings in general have been disappointing. McGivern, Craig and OTJ are all decent. Craig could be a cracker. What I was meaning is that since the early flurry 6 weeks ago, Thomson aside, I am dissppointed we seem to be toiling to address key areas of the team.

Not sure about Vine. Suppose I'm just hoping for a better standard of striker. I know Sparky ain't coming but I was hoping for someone more exciting than Vine and am hopeful that there is someone more exciting than him to come. Vine for me at this momment in time does not look like a great signing. That changes if we sign a decent striker and it takes some pressure off him and gives him someone to feed off.

IWasThere2016
15-07-2013, 03:24 PM
The morn Garry :greengrin:.. Cannae wait !!

Enjoy bud! :thumbsup:

Speedway
15-07-2013, 03:26 PM

Just checked the tweet. AS says that Hibs did not make a bid for Griffiths on Friday. He's right. Problem is, no-one ever said we did make a bid on Friday.

HibbyAndy
15-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Enjoy bud! :thumbsup:

Cheers Gaz :aok:

A decent striker in would top it off :pray:

IWasThere2016
15-07-2013, 03:28 PM
You've taught us everything we know. :greengrin

:gun:

GordonHFC
15-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Just checked the tweet. AS says that Hibs did not make a bid for Griffiths on Friday. He's right. Problem is, no-one ever said we did make a bid on Friday.

Oh, You are a wee devil !!!!

Billychaotic182
15-07-2013, 03:32 PM

That is true haha

Dunderhall
15-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Do we really need more cheap back up? Think we are well enough covered in wide midfield/wings and would rather Handling and Caldwell were the back up for the forward areas as a signing like this might restrict their chances.

I wasn't meaning our signings in general have been disappointing. McGivern, Craig and OTJ are all decent. Craig could be a cracker. What I was meaning is that since the early flurry 6 weeks ago, Thomson aside, I am dissppointed we seem to be toiling to address key areas of the team.

I'm the same, let's get the main men in.
less to worry about who the backup or squad players are.

However it's hard to criticise until the window shuts, but don't want to be waiting on transfer deadline for first team starter news.

Brooster
15-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Dougie Imrie would be good addition. 100 times the player Matt Done is.

Ritchie
15-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Whew, at last, a credible source.

:faf:

PeterboroHibee
15-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Dougie Imrie would be good addition. 100 times the player Matt Done is.

I also think Imrie would be a decent enough player to bring into the squad provided he wasnt on a high wage, and as you are suggesting, if hes Matt Dones replacement its an improvement!

Id be a bit annoyed if Imrie and Vine were our replacements for Griffiths and Doyle though.

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm the same, let's get the main men in.
less to worry about who the backup or squad players are.

However it's hard to criticise until the window shuts, but don't want to be waiting on transfer deadline for first team starter news.

Spot on, I'd settle for just two more players - a decent striker and a decent centre half both first XI quality rather than 3 or 4 squad fillers.

If I was being really greedy then a forward, a centre half, Claros plus a winger/attacking midfielder would be great. I'd even settle for the latter being a squad filler if that were the case. I'd even settle for it being Dougie Imrie!

In all seriousness, if Hibs can secure a decent striker and a decent centre half then it would have been a very respectabel window. I'd even compromise the centre half to get a really good striker in. He's have to be really good though.

Greenblood70
15-07-2013, 03:58 PM

So would I.

Heisenberg
15-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Does anyone actually know if the rumour about Imrie is true? :confused:

Sweep
15-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Does anyone actually know if the rumour about Imrie is true? :confused:

You must be joking certainly not hibs class :grr:

Fergus52
15-07-2013, 04:03 PM

Not sure about Vine. Suppose I'm just hoping for a better standard of striker. I know Sparky ain't coming but I was hoping for someone more exciting than Vine and am hopeful that there is someone more exciting than him to come. Vine for me at this momment in time does not look like a great signing. That changes if we sign a decent striker and it takes some pressure off him and gives him someone to feed off.

:confused:

Our only natural winger is Harris, then we have Cairney and Craig who can both play out wide.

I'd say we definitely need another wide player.

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 04:08 PM
:confused:

Our only natural winger is Harris, then we have Cairney and Craig who can both play out wide.

I'd say we definitely need another wide player.

That's three we have for whom wide areas is their position plus Danny Handling can be used there and I've read a few folk say that Vine can also play wide.

What about Sammy Stanton? Horrobin? Even Fraser Mullen could probably be pushed forward.

Another out and out wide man wouldn't hurt but centre half and centre forward are surely over whelmimg priorities.

Bostonhibby
15-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Me to.

:agree: Not Hibs class, after all the poncing around and supposed near misses I am getting even more annoyed with Rod than usual, Only Dick Emery would be acceptable now, surely this is who we are after?

Big Sexy Dave
15-07-2013, 04:15 PM

FML. Please tell me this is a fishing attempt or some sort of "in joke" he's utter ****ing tosh.

Stevie Reid
15-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I remember this place went into meltdown three years ago when Burton O'Brien was apparently due to sign for us. People were going radge about Rene Howe's imminent arrival the other day.

Does anyone even know if Imrie is actually training with us, and if so, if it's with a view to a transfer?

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 04:34 PM
I remember this place went into meltdown three years ago when Burton O'Brien was apparently due to sign for us. People were going radge about Rene Howe's imminent arrival the other day.

Does anyone even know if Imrie is actually training with us, and if so, if it's with a view to a transfer?

If Imrie is training with us, why would it be for any other reason than with a view to a transfer. Usually charity training only happens when a player has previous links to the club or management team. Can't see that with Fenlon/Nicholl/Hibs and Imrie.

Unless it is being done as a favour to an agent to get a bit of publicity for his player in return for the agent setting up a deal for someone else for us.

patch1875
15-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Heard from a player that we could be getting Rooney :cb

adam that is :agree:

Hermit Crab
15-07-2013, 04:53 PM

Stop it. ;)

Stevie Reid
15-07-2013, 04:56 PM
If Imrie is training with us, why would it be for any other reason than with a view to a transfer. Usually charity training only happens when a player has previous links to the club or management team. Can't see that with Fenlon/Nicholl/Hibs and Imrie.

Unless it is being done as a favour to an agent to get a bit of publicity for his player in return for the agent setting up a deal for someone else for us.

I agree that it would be unlikely. However, that was just an aside to my main point.

Dunderhall
15-07-2013, 04:56 PM
:agree: Only Dick Emery would be acceptable now, surely this is who we are after?
His smooth finishing would only paper over the cracks.

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 05:07 PM

Now that would be a proper signing. Just what we need. Would be worth the wait. Not a certainty he would work out but as sure a bet as there is and even if it went wrong you could not blame Pat as it is a signing I am sure we would all make.

Heisenberg
15-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Rooney currently training with Oldham who want to sign him.

The Sea-gull
15-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Rooney currently training with Oldham who want to sign him.

Hope we have made/will make contact.

Gmack7
15-07-2013, 05:51 PM
What's the deal with danny Swanson
Btw I no **** all just wondering what his contract situation is
Certainly a better option than imrie

brydekirk
15-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Hope we have made/will make contact.

Half the SPFL teams are waiting to see what happens with his contract dispute at Swindon. Hibs not listed among them.

bingo70
15-07-2013, 06:00 PM
What's the deal with danny Swanson
Btw I no **** all just wondering what his contract situation is
Certainly a better option than imrie

Would Swanson want to come here to be a squad player and be on the bench most weeks?

Would Swanson be happy with a squad players wage?

If we're really looking at imrie it'll be as a back up to the first team, anybody that folk on here would consider to be a good signing wouldn't come to us on those terms.

Speedway
15-07-2013, 06:49 PM

He was shown round EM before he chose to sign for the Brum so all we'll need to do this time is show him the new Nike store and he'll be ready to sign.

Just a thought on McCall's signings, Vigurs and Sutton are already crocked and McManus has had nothing but injuries in the last 18 months so the Muthas look strong on paper but they may have been able to get these players for a reason.

Moon unit
15-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Just read that Sodje has signed for Tranmere!...

Speedway
15-07-2013, 08:17 PM
What Vine will bring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRwoI9NSy0

Unseen work
15-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Got confused with dougie imrie and don cowie at the start so was wondering why all the negative comments. After seeing him and remembering him.... He would b a verrrry underwhelming signing, for what were trying to achieve and the possibility of getting a high league position and Europe again. We need big names someone like Swanson would excite people IMO and can see him being affordable same as Rooney

Andy74
15-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Got confused with dougie imrie and don cowie at the start so was wondering why all the negative comments. After seeing him and remembering him.... He would b a verrrry underwhelming signing, for what were trying to achieve and the possibility of getting a high league position and Europe again. We need big names someone like Swanson would excite people IMO and can see him being affordable same as Rooney

We don't need big names. We need players that will fit into a squad and team and play well. About 5 of the teams that finished above us didn't worry too much about big names.

Leishy1995
15-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Dougie Imre is the only player St Mirren have ever played for.

And from my saint mate, "he'd be worth a swap for kuqi he's that bad"

bingo70
15-07-2013, 08:33 PM

You want us to use up a big chunk of our budget signing an exciting winger to sit on the bench? If not then would it be Craig or Harris you would drop to accommodate this new player?

Rooney is a forward, imrie and swanson are both wingers.

Unseen work
15-07-2013, 08:45 PM
You want us to use up a big chunk of our budget signing an exciting winger to sit on the bench? If not then would it be Craig or Harris you would drop to accommodate this new player?

Rooney is a forward, imrie and swanson are both wingers.

I don't think he would be on the bench IMO it would be

Taiwo Thomson
Swanson Craig. Harris
Rooney

With vine etc on the bench if we were to sign him. Quite aware what positions they play thanks

johnrebus
15-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Strikes me that any feel good factor on this board right now is purely down to the plight of our pink chums.

But let's remember....,

We are being passed over by ordinary players for the likes of Motherwell.

We had nearly two years to tie up Griffiths

We are still playing **** football.

Three days away from a European tie and no experienced strikers

Petrie is still here

Aye, things look great right enough.

Borderhibbie76
15-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Why would we sign yet another midfielder when its clear as day we desperately need strikers above all else??

Leishy1995
15-07-2013, 09:07 PM

Glory Lurker
15-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Strikes me that any feel good factor on this board right now is purely down to the plight of our pink chums.

But let's remember....,

Petrie is still here

:crazy: :tsk tsk: :rules: LTYF, etc!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Ismael Concalves would be a good signing. Liked him at St Mirren. Probably wont happen though. Also liked the look of Medhi Abeid of Newcastle who was on loan at St Johnstone, we have too many centre mids though so cant see that happening either.

500miles
15-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Ismael Concalves would be a good signing. Liked him at St Mirren. Probably wont happen though.

Definately won't, he's signed a years loan for APOEL in Cyprus.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Definately won't, he's signed a years loan for APOEL in Cyprus.

Oh, I didnt know that.

Dibben
15-07-2013, 09:31 PM
What Vine will bring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRwoI9NSy0

Pah... Underwelmed!

Give me Doyle any day as our No 2 striker...

:-P

Unseen work
15-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Pah... Underwelmed!

Give me Doyle any day as our No 2 striker...

:-P

Actually think he will work out a better player for us tbh. Seems to have alot more to his game from what iv seen. To me Doyle was either very good or very poor. His form baffled me at times when u look at the semi final he was fantastic then the game after against aberdeen then again against killmarnock? He was very poor and tended to lack alot of composure to me. He only scored when u never expected him too. Saying that 10 goals? Is a good return.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-07-2013, 03:28 AM
Anyone think Lewis Guy ex St Mirren striker could do a job? Not suggesting he's signing at all, just putting his name out there for the sake of it I suppose. He is on trial at Carlisle.

Allant1981
16-07-2013, 05:19 AM

But let's remember....,

Petrie is still here

So if mcmanus and sutton are average players who cares if motherwell sign them?

Who is to say wolves would have sold sparky to us?

Its pre season so who cares if the football isnt that great as long as we start playing well/winning when the season starts

petrie is a very good businessman it would seem, would you rather we had debt we couldnt manage?

jakeshibs
16-07-2013, 06:19 AM

But let's remember....,

Petrie is still here

Stop being so negative, Motherwell are not outbidding us for players and players choose teams for various reasons not just money, and it was documented that Macmanus wanted to sign prior to visiting EM. Yes we maybe missed out on a fantastic opportunity to sign LG but that is only in hindsight after his fantastic season, and there was no way wolves were going to allow us to keep him then... we are currently playing pre-season friendlies and at times have played good football, but who cares its about getting it right for Thursday!!!!!! we need to steady the ship, we are heading in the right direction. our foundations are solid, we have a fantastic modern stadium and training facilities, and a very good business man in Petrie who has steered us well in these difficult financial times when many would just prefer to keep up with the YAMS and see us in debt too. Rod does his job and does it well. I am grateful for his tenure and believe him and Pat will change Hibs in the long term. lets keep the faith support :flag:lets be positive, have ER jumping, make it a great place to be, and our team want to play there, lets do our bit to help rather than be negative and belittle our own team and staff. Hi-Bees, Hi-Bees, Hi-Bees!!!!!!!!!

leithsansiro
16-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Not Hibs-related, but according to the BBC website,

Former Barcelona and Real Madrid forward Javier Saviola, freed by Malaga at the end of last season, is keeping his options open after being linked with Celtic. (Record)

Whilst I wouldn't believe a word the DR says, he would surely destroy other SPFL to a much greater extent that Hooper. Go on Pat, put in a speculative offer....

Leishy1995
16-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Anyone think Lewis Guy ex St Mirren striker could do a job? Not suggesting he's signing at all, just putting his name out there for the sake of it I suppose. He is on trial at Carlisle.

No. St Mirren fans hated him.

The Sea-gull
16-07-2013, 09:40 AM

Yes, in Lidl. Come on, we can do much, much, much better than this. Is this how low expectations are getting? We still don't have a main striker for next season and we are touting St Mirren rejects. We don't t need the "could do a job" sort of players we need one striker now who, while acknowledging nothing in football is certain, we can reasonably expect to come in, play in the first team week in week out and score goals.

Stevie Reid
16-07-2013, 10:16 AM

If you mean 'paid for', it's apparently not true: -

Record transfer fee paid: £400,000 to Bayer Uerdingen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_Uerdingen) for Thomas Stickroth (March 1990)

The Leith Dutch
16-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes, in Lidl. Come on, we can do much, much, much better than this. Is this how low expectations are getting? We still don't have a main striker for next season and we are touting St Mirren rejects. We don't t need the "could do a job" sort of players we need one striker now who, while acknowledging nothing in football is certain, we can reasonably expect to come in, play in the first team week in week out and score goals.

Spot on.
If we do no other business in this transfer window a first choice striker that we feel will score goals is a must.

Not knocking Vine as I hope he'll be a good asset and certainly not writing off Caldwell or Handling as I hope they make the step up but I'm not convinced any of them
is a 15+ goals a season striker. Quite happy to be proved wrong mind ;)

Chris.igoe
16-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Dougie imrie has just signed for Morton panic over

Cocaine&Caviar
16-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Any idea why Billy McKay was so keen to sign a new contract this summer?

frazeHFC
16-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Any idea why Billy McKay was so keen to sign a new contract this summer?

Pretty sure its him (definately an ICT player) that has a child on the way and is settled so bought a new house up there.

Spike Mandela
16-07-2013, 11:45 AM

So he will be back in the SPFL next year then..........:whistle:

Stevie Reid
16-07-2013, 11:47 AM

http://gmfc.net/News/&action=fullnews&id=949

Another Hibs.net mass panic over **** all.

The_Horde
16-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Beaten to a player by Morton... Underwhelmed...:wink:

Unseen work
16-07-2013, 12:09 PM
;3676867']Beaten to a player by Morton... Underwhelmed...:wink:

Ridiculous Morton are beating us to signing a player. When will the board learn....

John_the_angus_hibby
16-07-2013, 12:12 PM
;3676867']Beaten to a player by Morton... Underwhelmed...:wink:

Grrrr, get it sorted Petrie! ;)

Speedway
16-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Killen is being linked with us again.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-07-2013, 01:01 PM

You've fostered such a reputation on this board, Speeders, that I never know whether to believe you or not. 4 new signings still to come is something that has demented me for days now, I really don't know whether you're pulling our plonkers or being serious.

Not to mention the combined total of minutes I've wasted googling names that you've plucked out of thin air as potential signings. Half of them are Google-Whacks :greengrin

Speedway
16-07-2013, 01:17 PM
You've fostered such a reputation on this board, Speeders, that I never know whether to believe you or not. 4 new signings still to come is something that has demented me for days now, I really don't know whether you're pulling our plonkers or being serious.

Not to mention the combined total of minutes I've wasted googling names that you've plucked out of thin air as potential signings. Half of them are Google-Whacks :greengrin

Helmut Innbaum has arrived from FC Wackov you know.

There's 3 tiers to my posts:

1. Serious posts and info
2. Repetition of rumours elsewhere not yet posted here
3. Inescapable Pish

Most fall into the latter category. The one quoted falls into section 2.

The 'four signings' was a section one post.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-07-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm going to ask you to number your posts in future to prevent me from having a nervous breakdown :agree:

Speedway
16-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I'm going to ask you to number your posts in future to prevent me from having a nervous breakdown :agree:

Ryan Noble has had an offer from Hartlepool. (1)

SlickShoes
16-07-2013, 01:23 PM

hahaha this makes things easier!

--------
16-07-2013, 01:24 PM

3. Inescapable Pish

So we take it as certain that there are reports/rumours/stories going around that Chris Killen is being linked with us once more?

Who's this guy Helmut Innbaum? Cannae find him on Wiki.

Cannae find his club either .... :tee hee:

adhibs
16-07-2013, 01:24 PM

3. Inescapable Pish

The latest griffiths rumour falls under? Go on ruin my day haha

Speedway
16-07-2013, 01:28 PM
The latest griffiths rumour falls under? Go on ruin my day haha

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Have we offered him anything?

Speedway
16-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Have we offered him anything?

I don't know but with Killen linked as well, if Rod could pull these two off, I'd be impressed.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't know but with Killen linked as well, if Rod could pull these two off, I'd be impressed.

Do you know anything else regarding signings bud?

jdships
16-07-2013, 02:13 PM

I'd be surprised ( pleasantly !):greengrin

CropleyWasGod
16-07-2013, 02:15 PM

Ach... he has two hands.

Stevie Reid
16-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Indeed. It would be a firm thumbs up from me...

sadtom
16-07-2013, 02:34 PM

'Impressed'!! I'd be doing f***ing cartwheels. :greengrin

Seriously, you do seem to be one of the few on here who get more right than wrong when it comes to info, so i hope, as these fall into cat '1', that they happen.

Like everyone i'd love LG to be back.
Always liked Killen, best 'hold up' forward i've seen at ER (better than Mixu and Brewster) he had no pace to lose so that aint a worry.
Would love to see wee Claros back. Never have enough quality players.
Disapointed we never got McManus, worried about Capt McPake's injury and dont like playing 2 young centre backs, always thought its a position that is suited by an older head. Dont think you really know how to 'bully' or 'intimidate' the opposition striker until you've had a few miles on the clock (or are Scott Broon):wink: so do feel we need another experienced centre back.
Would also love an off the wall signing, a maverick. Perhaps inconsistant but can get the crowd going, a matchwinner. Zemmama/McCourt tyoe character.

If the 4 to come fit the bill above, then i'd be as happy as Gary Locke at a Bukake party.

Hibs7
16-07-2013, 02:40 PM

Should that not be numbered 3 :wink:

Leishy1995
16-07-2013, 04:54 PM
If you mean 'paid for', it's apparently not true: -

Record transfer fee paid: £400,000 to Bayer Uerdingen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_Uerdingen) for Thomas Stickroth (March 1990)

First player paid for in awhile then? I dunno I was just going on what I was told

Stevie Reid
16-07-2013, 07:29 PM
First player paid for in awhile then? I dunno I was just going on what I was told

Yeah, they certainly don't seem to do it often, and was probably their first purchase in a long time.

Leishy1995
16-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Yeah, they certainly don't seem to do it often, and was probably their first purchase in a long time.

Apparently the fee was the worst they've ever spent. And hibs shouldn't have even been linked.

Pedantic_Hibee
16-07-2013, 11:01 PM
We've missed out on Cavani now, yet more penny-pinching from the board.

Up yours, Petrie :fenlon

gegs70
17-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Any other decent forwards in 1st division noticed that Stevie May from Hamilton scored more than Taylor would he or Billy McKay be worth a cheeky bid?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Any other decent forwards in 1st division noticed that Stevie May from Hamilton scored more than Taylor would he or Billy McKay be worth a cheeky bid?

McKay would be good imo.

gegs70
17-07-2013, 12:06 AM
McKay would be good imo.

Tend to agree, other than Niall McGinn a lot of the other d onstrikers have move on.

gegs70
17-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Well hes not a bad player but that would be another loanee.

gegs70
17-07-2013, 12:33 AM
I hate giving other teams players game time when we have our own young players!

Callum_62
17-07-2013, 01:20 AM
I hate giving other teams players game time when we have our own young players!

Same - I really wish we didnt bother with that loanee from Wolves last year.....he has stunted Caldwells development.....

If they are better that what we have, why not....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Would Paul Heffernan be any good/is he available? Experienced and scores goals.

gegs70
17-07-2013, 02:03 AM
I get it Callum but the succession of poor loanees too such as Doherty, Done....but what I was meaning is taking a player from a Scottish team and giving them game time to drvelop a player to go back to Celtic but I get your point.

edinburghhibee
17-07-2013, 02:41 AM
I get it Callum but the succession of poor loanees too such as Doherty, Done....but what I was meaning is taking a player from a Scottish team and giving them game time to drvelop a player to go back to Celtic but I get your point.

I though Doherty was a good signing. His final performance and attitude after the final were shocking but his performances overall weren't that bad.

gegs70
17-07-2013, 02:56 AM
I though Doherty was a good signing. His final performance and attitude after the final were shocking but his performances overall weren't that bad.

I wasnt overly convinced by him and realy hoped we could have given our own youngsters a chance at geting game time, instead we loaned out our youngsters and then borrowed other players from other teams. Perhaps now we have a slightly different policy where we are geting experienced players in to help our young players make that break through?

Springbank
17-07-2013, 05:44 AM

I think he's been in a relegation dogfight every season of his career

Coincidence perhaps but I think people with such poor attitudes ("poor pro's" as Fenlon called them) will never be winners

For me Matt Doherty still epitomises everything that went wrong at ER 2008-2012 and I'm glad that period is over

RickyS
17-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Would Paul Heffernan be any good/is he available? Experienced and scores goals.

would be a great signing I reckon. don't know how many he scored last season but i remember he was injured for a spell.

I think he could do 15-20 if kept fit, but the best person to judge him would be Jimmy Nicholl

Stevie Reid
17-07-2013, 09:12 AM
would be a great signing I reckon. don't know how many he scored last season but i remember he was injured for a spell.

I think he could do 15-20 if kept fit, but the best person to judge him would be Jimmy Nicholl

Heffernan's overall record for Killie is 27 goals in 57 starts (9 sub appearances). IIRC correctly, his scoring record at Rugby Park is ridiculously good.

He is under contract for another year.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Heffernan's overall record for Killie is 27 goals in 57 starts (9 sub appearances). IIRC correctly, his scoring record at Rugby Park is ridiculously good.

Would be very happy with Heffernan

Reckon £100k-£150k would get him no problem - Killie are skint!

Is this a rumour or just someone we would want?

Prof. Shaggy
17-07-2013, 09:44 AM

He was also very public with some bitter criticism of the club chairman.
There is a view he's played his last game for Killie...

YehButNoBut
17-07-2013, 09:50 AM
He was also very public with some bitter criticism of the club chairman.
There is a view he's played his last game for Killie...

You would think it would be a certainty the Jimmy Nicholl would have spoken to the player & discussed with Pat if we could get him.

Big Sexy Dave
17-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Look's like we've dodged a bullet with Ryan O'Leary. Thankfully I got giving guff info.

Alex Trager
17-07-2013, 10:44 AM
You would think it would be a certainty the Jimmy Nicholl would have spoken to the player & discussed with Pat if we could get him.

Most probably has been discussed with pat. Need to wait and see what he does. It's interesting to note LT has still not signed for Sheffield

Speedway
17-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Most probably has been discussed with pat. Need to wait and see what he does. It's interesting to note LT has still not signed for Sheffield

He has, the Blades are just doing a Rodders.

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/falkirk-striker-lyle-taylor-completes-transfer-to-sheffield-united-1-3001612

jacomo
17-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Scotsman says Rangers are trying to bring K Miller back to Scotland.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/rangers-look-to-bring-kenny-miller-back-to-ibrox-1-3003798

I'd have thought he'd want to play at the highest level possible rather than slum it in Div 2, but with us signing Rowan Vine I can't see him coming back to Hibs. Great shame - Miller would be a brilliant role model for our younger players, proper pro and is proof that if you work hard for Hibs, you can build a very lucrative career out of it.

SaulGoodman
17-07-2013, 11:03 AM

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/falkirk-striker-lyle-taylor-completes-transfer-to-sheffield-united-1-3001612

250,000! Got to admit, Falkirk have done well wangling that.

Stevie Reid
17-07-2013, 11:03 AM

That's superb business for Falkirk.

Aldo
17-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Scotsman says Rangers are trying to bring K Miller back to Scotland.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/rangers-look-to-bring-kenny-miller-back-to-ibrox-1-3003798

I'd have thought he'd want to play at the highest level possible rather than slum it in Div 2, but with us signing Rowan Vine I can't see him coming back to Hibs. Great shame - Miller would be a brilliant role model for our younger players, proper pro and is proof that if you work hard for Hibs, you can build a very lucrative career out of it.

I know a man who will be able to comment on this when he sees it

jacomo
17-07-2013, 11:20 AM

250,000! Got to admit, Falkirk have done well wangling that.

Story claims that Rotherham offered £250k as well... or at least, that's what Falkirk said. :wink:

Anyhow, good luck to Taylor and we'll look elsewhere. He seemed to fit the profile of the kind of player we need, but 1/4 mil is a big chunk of cash for a Div 1 player.

Springbank
17-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Spoke to a Falkirk Fc ned recently (as in non exec director, before you start)

He reckoned Taylor was too daft to really develop - said he had a great first half but he never played well late on in games, had no idea about conserving energy or pacing himself

Said keep an eye on Fulton - rated Fulton much higher

Thecat23
17-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Spoke to a Falkirk Fc ned recently (as in non exec director, before you start)

He reckoned Taylor was too daft to really develop - said he had a great first half but he never played well late on in games, had no idea about conserving energy or pacing himself

Said keep an eye on Fulton - rated Fulton much higher

You could blame that on the coaching though. If that's true I'm sure Sheffield Utd will help him and develop into a player who controls his energy and off the ball work.

Thecat23
17-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I know a man who will be able to comment on this when he sees it

No contact has been made about a move mate. But if Rangers do come calling and he isn't in the plans for next season at Whitecaps he'd Prob come back. He does like it in Canada though and loving the lifestyle, very laid back and friendly he says and the media don't get in anyone's face.

alan1875
17-07-2013, 11:59 AM
No contact has been made about a move mate. But if Rangers do come calling and he isn't in the plans for next season at Whitecaps he'd Prob come back. He does like it in Canada though and loving the lifestyle, very laid back and friendly he says and the media don't get in anyone's face.

I'm going to Vancouver for 3 weeks, 3weeks from today!! hope to take in a Whitecaps game when i'm there! I'll shout extra loud for Kenny!

I think there are 2 games while im there but i defo can't make one of them, as im at a wedding the same day.

Aldo
17-07-2013, 12:11 PM

Cheers mate. Would like to see him in a hibs jersey again and banging in a few goals.. Probably outwith our wages capabilities?

Pedantic_Hibee
17-07-2013, 12:29 PM
How can Kenny Miller make a "return" to a club he's never played for before?

Actually sickens me how the media refer to them as one and the same. They are a different club. You cannot buy titles and history.

hibeemikey21
17-07-2013, 12:36 PM
How can Kenny Miller make a "return" to a club he's never played for before?

Actually sickens me how the media refer to them as one and the same. They are a different club. You cannot buy titles and history.

Not disagreeing, but I had a wee chuckle when I saw the username