PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Dunderhall
04-07-2013, 07:30 PM
I thought he suffered a really bad injury last season, is he even fit?
He got a knee injury, feb? not 100% sure, that put him out.
no operation though from what I remember.
one for the medics I suppose.

sambajustice
04-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Just watching the Barbados Masters here, Latapy looks in fine shape, scoring tons of goals.

Maybe a shout for a wee player/coach role??? Surely could still do a job!

:cb

:greengrin

HibeeMG
04-07-2013, 08:19 PM
http://tyneandwear.sky.com/sunderland/video/72462/ryan-noble-sunderland-never-gave-me-a-chance

Championship club interested.... doesn't mention the SPL in the clubs that are interested

It does in this one:

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/sunderland/article/72371/former-sunderland-youngster-looking-for-right-move

And going by the quotes in both articles it seems like he's going to take into account the amount of playing time he would get. At the moment he would more than likely be our first-choice striker and it would be his position to lose. The same can't be said for the majority of the Championship clubs.

JDHibs
04-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Saw a Mercedes driving through Tranent, registration:

N88 OBL

Had a look in when I went past on the bypass, looked exactly like Ryan Noble, only with brown hair! :greengrin

Thats my mate andy!

SaulGoodman
04-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Thats my mate andy!

Tell him to change his reg and stop getting me excited! :greengrin

Sweet Left Peg
04-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Just watching the Barbados Masters here, Latapy looks in fine shape, scoring tons of goals.

Maybe a shout for a wee player/coach role??? Surely could still do a job!

Just seen a repeat. The guy can still receive, control and turn in one movement which is a joy to watch.

Out of interest, how does Neil Mellor qualify as a Liverpool legend? Is it because he is overweight and used to play for them? He seemed to burst onto the scene as a kid, threaten to be the next big thing, then disappear. Surely he should be still playing for someone at his age? Maybe he is, I don't know.

hibseleven
05-07-2013, 08:18 AM
there is talk on Twitter that we are chasing Clayton Donaldson? is it just ex players we can sign?

Cocaine&Caviar
05-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Taiwo-Thomson
Zemmama-Shiels-Harris
Donaldson/Killen

Tasty!

bingo70
05-07-2013, 08:25 AM
there is talk on Twitter that we are chasing Clayton Donaldson? is it just ex players we can sign?

Twitter doesn't talk, who is saying it on Twitter?

hibseleven
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
@HibsFc_1875 tweeted earlier this morning.

bingo70
05-07-2013, 08:35 AM
@HibsFc_1875 tweeted earlier this morning.

I would hazard a guess that they're not the most reliable of sources.

hibseleven
05-07-2013, 08:37 AM
just adding it to the pile.

CRAZYHIBBY
05-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Keith wrights without a club at the moment ....maybe worth a try

Craig_in_Prague
05-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Keith wrights without a club at the moment ....maybe worth a try

Wright and Jackson up top?

Wee crunchie must be an option on the RW.

TheFamous1875
05-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Heard Dan MicMichael's always around Easter Road on match days....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Speedway
05-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Oumar Konde has arrived for talks.

BarneyK
05-07-2013, 08:52 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Lyndon Andrews.

Speedway
05-07-2013, 09:02 AM
I can exclusively reveal that Hibs have signed Matthew Diplacito today.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I can exclusively reveal that Hibs have signed Matthew Diplacito today.

bit lightweight...

TheFamous1875
05-07-2013, 09:07 AM
http://www.carlukegazette.co.uk/sport/local-sport/lanark-footballer-matthew-diplacito-signs-for-hibernian-1-2988372

Experience and wisdom, just what we need to bring on the youngsters.

Juice-Terry
05-07-2013, 09:07 AM
bit lightweight...

Good with both feet though.

Part/Time Supporter
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
The signing deadline for the European ties is next Friday morning...

The Sea-gull
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I'd like to see the Showumni or is it (Sowunmi) brothers finally link up. :wink: :greengrin

Squealing pig
05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
How do u change ur user name any kent

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 09:48 AM
wow! 35 pages of nae transfer talk and the same jokes cracked over and over and over and over again. :confused:

Dibben
05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
How do u change ur user name any kent

Forum Actions

Edit Profile

Change Username

:aok:

bigwheel
05-07-2013, 10:04 AM

It looks like we have not secured our striker targets ahead of the European Tie...how disappointing . Even if someone signed in time , they are unlikely to be match fit to play at this stage .. I had hoped that with the early start we would have done early striker business . Poor showing from the Hibs board on this one ...

Diclonius
05-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Looks like saving money beats signing our transfer targets. Oh well, bye Europa League.

California-Hibs
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
It looks like we have not secured our striker targets ahead of the European Tie...how disappointing . Even if someone signed in time , they are unlikely to be match fit to play at this stage .. I had hoped that with the early start we would have done early striker business . Poor showing from the Hibs board on this one ...

I'm confident a new striker will be signed before the European tie and he'll also be starting that game for sure. There is no way we'll be heading into our European adventure with Handling and Caldwell up front. Time will tell I guess..

Lucius Apuleius
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM

There are two weeks to go.

Looks like saving money beats signing our transfer targets. Oh well, bye Europa League.

Where have we tried to save money that has caused us a striker?

Heisenberg
05-07-2013, 10:19 AM
If anything we are looking to spend money in this window. I was a bit annoyed about the Taylor deal looking to be off but it's fair enough really, we'll only bid what we think the player is valued at. Can't blame Rod if we miss out on either Griffiths or Taylor, Wolves are adamant they won't sell whist Falkirk want a fee which is simply not worth risking from our point of view.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM

Why, just why?

Since90+2
05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
If anything we are looking to spend money in this window. I was a bit annoyed about the Taylor deal looking to be off but it's fair enough really, we'll only bid what we think the player is valued at. Can't blame Rod if we miss out on either Griffiths or Taylor, Wolves are adamant they won't sell whist Falkirk want a fee which is simply not worth risking from our point of view.

Of course they would sell if they received the right offer.

Unfortunately it seems their asking price was too high (for us anyway).

bingo70
05-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Why, just why?

Don't think anything he's said is that unreasonable?

Even if we sign a striker today, he'll have missed two of our pre season games, (possibly 3, is it tomorrow we play notts forest?) So he won't be prepared for Europa league game and that's dissapointing.

scoopyboy
05-07-2013, 10:31 AM

I take it that is Friday 12th for the second round?

If we were to get through there would be another date I presume for the third round.

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Why, just why?

so your happy going into the europa tie with 2 young and innexperienced strikers?

matty_f
05-07-2013, 10:33 AM

Even if that was the case, realistically can you blame them? Still no Sevco in the league and a very real chance that at best there will be one derby at Easter Road.
The Board asked fans to help provide money for Pat to strengthen the squad. They wanted 3k more season tickets - how many folk respinddx to that plea for help?

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Even if that was the case, realistically can you blame them? Still no Sevco in the league and a very real chance that at best there will be one derby at Easter Road.
The Board asked fans to help provide money for Pat to strengthen the squad. They wanted 3k more season tickets - how many folk respinddx to that plea for help?

we are about to have our best year in a long time for season ticket sales so we have been backed to a certain extent.

i remember reading on here on the thread where rangers were going down, alot of people claimed that if they went they would be buying season tickets, would be interesting to see how many of these folk followed that up, if any. if you can be @rsed trawling though it you will see what i mean.

i dont get that some folk on here seem happy for hibs to just be left trawling through the ***** that other clubs dont want and loan signings.

petrie wanted bums on seats, although its not a massive improvement, there is an improvement. its time for rod to give wee paddy a bit cash.

bingo70
05-07-2013, 10:39 AM

I personally think the fans have turned up in great numbers since that cup final, I think last year we were one of the few clubs to increase our average attendance and this season there's been a further increase.

We are currently going with 2 youth team strikers so even if we never sold 1 extra ticket after there plea we've still got a right to expect at least one new striker in by now.

SaulGoodman
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
We've tried, we've bid for Griffiths, and Taylor and both were knocked back because they want way more than we can afford. It's not been about saving money.

hibs0666
05-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Dunno - the club won't tell us these things. :wink::wink:

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
We've tried, we've bid for Griffiths, and Taylor and both were knocked back because they want way more than we can afford. It's not been about saving money.

Exactly. The amount of times I've read people on this board (infuriatingly) posting that Hibs should 'show some ambition' is ridiculous, yet when we attempt to pay a transfer fee for players who are under contract at other clubs and both scored nearly 30 goals last season, people still have a go and claim that we'll be stuck with 'the dross that nobody wants'.

If there's one thing that has been demonstrated so far it's that we are prepared to pay money to get quality - we may not manage it with our first or second target, but we will sign at least one striker of real pedigree. If one is in before the European ties, perfect - but if we need to wait longer to get quality in, I can live with that.

SaulGoodman
05-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Exactly. The amount of times I've read people on this board (infuriatingly) posting that Hibs should 'show some ambition' is ridiculous, yet when we attempt to pay a transfer fee for players who are under contract at other clubs and both scored nearly 30 goals last season, people still have a go and claim that we'll be stuck with 'the dross that nobody wants'.

If there's one thing that has been demonstrated so far it's that we are prepared to pay money to get quality - we may not manage it with our first or second target, but we will sign at least one striker of real pedigree. If one is in before the European ties, perfect - but if we need to wait longer to get quality in, I can live with that.

:agree:

Fwiw just because we've had bids knocked back I still don't think we've gave up on those two.

We're willing to spend in this window, I'm sure of it

matty_f
05-07-2013, 11:21 AM
we are about to have our best year in a long time for season ticket sales so we have been backed to a certain extent.

i remember reading on here on the thread where rangers were going down, alot of people claimed that if they went they would be buying season tickets, would be interesting to see how many of these folk followed that up, if any. if you can be @rsed trawling though it you will see what i mean.

i dont get that some folk on here seem happy for hibs to just be left trawling through the ***** that other clubs dont want and loan signings.

petrie wanted bums on seats, although its not a massive improvement, there is an improvement. its time for rod to give wee paddy a bit cash.

I think the fact that we've made cash bids for Sparky and Taylor shows that Petrie is giving Pat cash to spend.

matty_f
05-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I personally think the fans have turned up in great numbers since that cup final, I think last year we were one of the few clubs to increase our average attendance and this season there's been a further increase.

We are currently going with 2 youth team strikers so even if we never sold 1 extra ticket after there plea we've still got a right to expect at least one new striker in by now.

A right to expect one in by now? Not sure I agree with that, we've been trying to get strikers in and no doubt will keep doing so. Cash bids have been made.
I totally agree that the fans have backed the club, and deserve credit for that. We've secured two players from SPL sides and one international player already this window, with a contract on the table for Kevin Thomson as well. The club haven't been sitting with their thumb up their erses trying not to spend money.

It is important to place context on that spending, consecutive years of losses and the prospect of another significant hit to gates this season because of the Yams' situation means the board have a duty to be cautious and to not place us in trouble.

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I think the fact that we've made cash bids for Sparky and Taylor shows that Petrie is giving Pat cash to spend.

missed out on both though after being priced out. i wouldnt have broke the bank for taylor but i would have for sparky.

SaulGoodman
05-07-2013, 11:33 AM
missed out on both though after being priced out. i wouldnt have broke the bank for taylor but i would have for sparky.

After watching what's happened to Rangers and what's happening to Hearts, with other teams close to the same situation..

You think it's perfectly acceptable to 'break the bank'?

Borderhibbie76
05-07-2013, 11:40 AM
I think its obvious the Board have given PF money to spend and we are trying but I am really disappointed we haven't signed a striker yet. There was always a chance that we would NOT get Sparky, Pat should have had plans in place should this prove to be the case and TBH if we start the season badly because of the lack of firepower (assuming we don't sign a 1/2 quality strikers before then), he could ultimately be putting himself under a lot of pressure. Bottom line is we have a Euro tie in 2 weeks and 2 rookie strikers, NOT GOOD!!!

The Modfather
05-07-2013, 11:43 AM
It is important to place context on that spending, consecutive years of losses and the prospect of another significant hit to gates this season because of the Yams' situation means the board have a duty to be cautious and to not place us in trouble.

While that is true, the board (Petrie in particular) also have a duty to address the decline on the park of the last few years as well as the financial decline. The fans have stepped up to the mark yet again this season, time for the board to deliver.

God Petrie
05-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I just drove past East Mains and saw Peter Guggi and Justin Skinner.

Aldo
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I think its obvious the Board have given PF money to spend and we are trying but I am really disappointed we haven't signed a striker yet. There was always a chance that we would NOT get Sparky, Pat should have had plans in place should this prove to be the case and TBH if we start the season badly because of the lack of firepower (assuming we don't sign a 1/2 quality strikers before then), he could ultimately be putting himself under a lot of pressure. Bottom line is we have a Euro tie in 2 weeks and 2 rookie strikers, NOT GOOD!!!

Bit in bold......PF would have and will have plans in place. We tried to get Leigh early and from what i gather talks were ongoing for weeks but Wolves wouldnt budge. Nowt we can do there. As for Taylor.....I dont know what Falkirk are after but they are in danger of losing out all together. LT will leave them this window but to who i dont know. We have signed 4 x players and strengthened the squad already IMHO. And to be honest there are still 3 or so weeks until the season starts and with the window just open I expect Pat and JN and the rest of the backroom staff working away ttying to bring more players in.

Quite a few bedwetters on here have no patience whatsoever...things take time and I am sure we will see 2 x (at least) Strikers in place and maybe a wee surprise.

hibIBZ
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I think pat is trying. He can't help it if people say no or go for other offers. After watching the rangers and yams I don't think ''breaking the bank' is really a good idea. Most teams in England only started pre season this week so most would of been on holiday until this week. It's hard to be patient with such an important game coming up but must have faith in Fenlon to find the right players at the right price

truehibernian
05-07-2013, 11:52 AM

Two rookie strikers they may be, but trust me they know where the onion bag is - and they have experience behind them, and creative youth in Harris too, who knows their game inside and out.

I'd have absolutely, and I mean absolutely, no fears about starting with Ross and Danny up top in any game of football at any level.

I do wish fans would actually place faith in our young boys instead of insisting on a player(s) who only may have years ahead of them, not talent.

Aldo
05-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Two rookie strikers they may be, but trust me they know where the onion bag is - and they have experience behind them, and creative youth in Harris too, who knows their game inside and out.

I'd have absolutely, and I mean absolutely, no fears about starting with Ross and Danny up top in any game of football at any level.

I do wish fans would actually place faith in our young boys instead of insisting on a player(s) who only may have years ahead of them, not talent.

Spot on. Ross scored a cracker at the PBS and showed he has an old head on young shoulders with the finish. As I posted there are folk that are panicking cos everything is not in place from the 1st of June.

Like I say i fully expect 2 x strikers to be on board and to be in place for the start of the season. I also believe we will see a lot more of both Ross and Danny this season.

Dibben
05-07-2013, 12:00 PM

:aok:

No Klaus Dietrich???

JimBHibees
05-07-2013, 12:04 PM

Was Guggi going GAGA? :greengrin

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:16 PM
After watching what's happened to Rangers and what's happening to Hearts, with other teams close to the same situation..

You think it's perfectly acceptable to 'break the bank'?

if you read my post correctly i said i wouldnt have broke the bank for taylor. having been offered sparky for the same ammount of cash a year ago it would hardly be seen as breaking the bank. and we wouldnt be in this position now.

we have spent money before and are probably in a better position now with our assests, i.e. east mains, the stadium and the youngsters coming through so why not spend a wee bit? it wasnt that long ago we spent 750k on de la cruz.

TheFamous1875
05-07-2013, 12:25 PM
it wasnt that long ago we spent 750k on de la cruz.

Was he actually any good? How much money did we make from him? Just wondering if spending that much n him was all worthwhile? Was a bit young, but I do remember liking him, and wanting Ecuador to win the World Cup haha

Lucius Apuleius
05-07-2013, 12:27 PM
if you read my post correctly i said i wouldnt have broke the bank for taylor. having been offered sparky for the same ammount of cash a year ago it would hardly be seen as breaking the bank. and we wouldnt be in this position now.

we have spent money before and are probably in a better position now with our assests, i.e. east mains, the stadium and the youngsters coming through so why not spend a wee bit? it wasnt that long ago we spent 750k on de la cruz.

Really? When was this and for how much?

Peevemor
05-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Was he actually any good? How much money did we make from him? Just wondering if spending that much n him was all worthwhile? Was a bit young, but I do remember liking him, and wanting Ecuador to win the World Cup haha

the deal for DLC was £750k including his wages. We sold him for a couple of million IIRC.

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Really? When was this and for how much?

during the january transfer window.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 12:30 PM

Urban myth.

Lucius Apuleius
05-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Tautological nonsense.

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:32 PM

bought him for 750k and he got sold to villa the next season for 1.6m or something. scored on his debut against hearts (iirc think he might have scored twice) where he bombed up and down the right side of the pitch effortlessly. he was a smashing player but a bit inconsistent.

im sure when he left tae his older club claimed hibs bumped them out of cash.

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Tautological nonsense.

aye?? care to elaborate on that? i know for a FACT we were offered him on a plate. i wont go into it any more than that, you'll just have to take my word for it.

theres no point discussing why you think its rubbish and why i know its a fact.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 12:38 PM
aye?? care to elaborate on that? i know for a FACT we were offered him on a plate. i wont go into it any more than that, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Well I KNOW FOR A FACT that we were never offered Leigh for £150k or less so go back to your source and tell them they are talking ****** FACT END OF

Dunderhall
05-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh fir FACTS sake, no this again.

bigwheel
05-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Why, just why?

The post was self explanatory , feel free to make a point of view

Future17
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
bought him for 750k and he got sold to villa the next season for 1.6m or something. scored on his debut against hearts (iirc think he might have scored twice) where he bombed up and down the right side of the pitch effortlessly. he was a smashing player but a bit inconsistent.

im sure when he left tae his older club claimed hibs bumped them out of cash.

The brace against Hearts wasn't his debut, but was his first game against Hearts. Not sure if that's what you meant.

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Well I KNOW FOR A FACT that we were never offered Leigh for £150k so go back to your source and tell them they are talking ****** FACT END OF

my source??? hahahaha!! your having a laugh buddy, whats this? an episode of csi??

end of the day, ive no doubt the forums full of folk who claim to have the next big scoop or claim to be in the know, i realise im new to the forum which might lead you to believe im talking mince. im sharing what i know from a, lets say more than reliable "source" as you put it.

as i said to the other chap, whether you take that at face value or not thats up to you.

and who said anything about 150k??? it was less than that actually :wink:

Peevemor
05-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Oh fir FACTS sake, no this again.

Writing "fact" in block capitals doesn't count any more - now you have to say "I got a text ..."

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
The brace against Hearts wasn't his debut, but was his first game against Hearts. Not sure if that's what you meant.

looked into it after i posted mate, your right it wasnt his first game i thought it was. 2 great goals though.

your post made me think though, debut goals against hearts?? andy dow at tynie. cant think of any more the now??

bigwheel
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
looked into it after i posted mate, your right it wasnt his first game i thought it was. 2 great goals though.

your post made me think though, debut goals against hearts?? andy dow at tynie. cant think of any more the now??

Brian Kerr??

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 12:50 PM

Brian Kerr??

Keith Houchen
Ross Caldwell (?)

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:53 PM

Keith Houchen
Ross Caldwell (?)

Houchen is spot on.

was hearts caldwells first start?

i dont know the answers by the way guys, just generally asking a question im in no way shape or form a hibs uber geek haha!! :thumbsup:

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Houchen is spot on.

was hearts caldwells first start?

i dont know the answers by the way guys, just generally asking a question im in no way shape or form a hibs uber geek haha!! :thumbsup:

I couldn't remember if it were Caldwell's first start, but it definitely wasn't his first appearance for Hibs, so doesn't fit the criteria. It was his debut against Hearts as far as I'm aware though :greengrin

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 12:55 PM
I couldn't remember if it were Caldwell's first start, but it definitely wasn't his first appearance for Hibs, so doesn't fit the criteria. It was his debut against Hearts as far as I'm aware though :greengrin

hahahaha!! proper debuts stevie boy!! :thumbsup:

SlickShoes
05-07-2013, 12:57 PM
my source??? hahahaha!! your having a laugh buddy, whats this? an episode of csi??

end of the day, ive no doubt the forums full of folk who claim to have the next big scoop or claim to be in the know, i realise im new to the forum which might lead you to believe im talking mince. im sharing what i know from a, lets say more than reliable "source" as you put it.

as i said to the other chap, whether you take that at face value or not thats up to you.

If you are here to post facts then you have the wrong thread mate, the title says "rumours" so you may want to start another one for your concrete facts.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2013, 12:58 PM
so your happy going into the europa tie with 2 young and innexperienced strikers?

I dont give a toss about the Europa tie, i have to laugh about how folk take this as if its some sort of huge game?

I'd like us to have a good enough team to compete in the league stages of this, but we are miles away from that at the moment.

So assuming we wont play in the league sections of the Europa league, i'd rather we got the right players in at the right price, and we build a side this season and the next, so we can get nearer to that in the future.

And as for us playing the 2 kids up front in our European game, i don't think we will. I think we will have someone in by then.

And if not, it wouldn't bother me, i'd rather wait for the right players we can afford than bring in the wrong ones.

Hibs7
05-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Thought this was a rumours thread !!!!!!

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 01:00 PM

:confused: "Source" an episode of CSI? No idea what you're rambling on about. As for you being new to the forum, I couldn't care less as I'm not a post counter however I do know that your "reliable source" is not so reliable and has fed you incorrect information even for a rumour thread. :bye:

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 01:04 PM
:confused: "Source" an episode of CSI? No idea what you're rambling on about. As for you being new to the forum, I couldn't care less as I'm not a post counter however I do know that your "reliable source" is not so reliable and has fed you incorrect information. :bye:

aye ok then, go and have a wee lie down maybe instead of getting your knickers in a twist pal. :aok:

i'll go and knock seven shades of **** out my "source" for you for telling me porkies haha

JohnStephens91
05-07-2013, 01:18 PM

He came on as a sub in the 1-1 draw in the league last season at Easter Road and also the cup win against them. He almost scored in the 1-1 draw game with a header at the back post.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 01:19 PM
aye ok then, go and have a wee lie down maybe instead of getting your knickers in a twist pal. :aok:

i'll go and knock seven shades of **** out my "source" for you for telling me porkies haha

As I thought, no real answer just more giggles....................too easy pal.

heretoday
05-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I AM in the know but I know nothing. I am sitting in a Hearts pub listening to - bizarrely - Buffalo Springfield. If I hear any rumours I will report them pronto.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I am off today, I will shortly take a wander along Corstorphine and report any rumours heard in local boozers. :greengrin

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 01:27 PM
As I thought, no real answer just more giggles....................too easy pal.

what more do you want from me like? ive shared what i know, you dont believe it, thats that. im not going to loose any sleep over it mate. if im being honest with you i couldnt give a toss if you believe me or not haha.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 01:33 PM
what more do you want from me like? ive shared what i know, you dont believe it, thats that. im not going to loose any sleep over it mate. if im being honest with you i couldnt give a toss if you believe me or not haha.

Good.:bye:

brian6-2
05-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Good.:bye:

:thumbsup: may the "source" be with you mate. have a great day. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 01:41 PM
:thumbsup: may the "source" be with you mate. have a great day. :aok:

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 01:52 PM
He came on as a sub in the 1-1 draw in the league last season at Easter Road and also the cup win against them. He almost scored in the 1-1 draw game with a header at the back post.

Well remembered! :aok:

Since90+2
05-07-2013, 01:55 PM

Are you and Brian_62 playing a game of last word wins? :greengrin

hibsmad
05-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Thought this was a rumours thread !!!!!!

It is.

You just better make sure that any rumour posted is FACT!

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Are you and Brian_62 playing a game of last word wins? :greengrin

If we are he's won, I only posted a smiley......no words :greengrin

Leith Green
05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Lots and lots of bollox, not too many strong rumours...

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2013, 05:42 PM
We should make a move for Bradley Wright-Phillips IMO, just left Charlton.

Zazu62
05-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Heard we are after Higdon

hibee92
05-07-2013, 06:42 PM
How would we feel about Michael Higdon? :cb

YehButNoBut
05-07-2013, 06:49 PM

C'mon then what do you know??

Personally think he would be a great signing with either Caldwell or Handling playing off him. :thumbsup:

Dibben
05-07-2013, 06:53 PM

Would be a good signing if used in the right system...

hibee92
05-07-2013, 06:54 PM
C'mon then what do you know??

Personally think he would be a great signing with either Caldwell or Handling playing off him. :thumbsup:

To be honest it's second hand info. But the same guy that knew about Fraser Mullen and KT (In Jan) so he has a good track record.

However, he also seemed fairly certain that Kenny Miller was on his way here so works both ways (unless they both sign, of course!). The title does say rumours and that's as far as it is at the moment but I do trust the guy... Or lass. :greengrin

Speedway
05-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Higdon's a bigger cart horse than the boy from the buddies that we used to get linked to.

hibee92
05-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Higdon's a bigger cart horse than the boy from the buddies that we used to get linked to.

:faf::thumbsup:

Fergus52
05-07-2013, 07:18 PM

Many posters who genuinely are ITK have confirmed that that's not true.

Hermit Crab
05-07-2013, 07:24 PM

Sauce?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2013, 08:20 PM

Source?

California-Hibs
05-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Would love it if we managed to sign Higdon! What a massive boost it would give the club, his style of play would suit us perfectly, allowing the midfield to come more into the game from his hold-up play, his areal threat at set pieces (when did we last have THAT?!) and his ability to score all kinds of goals. As also stated, source? Or is it just the usual crap...

NAE NOOKIE
05-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I dont give a toss about the Europa tie, i have to laugh about how folk take this as if its some sort of huge game?

I'd like us to have a good enough team to compete in the league stages of this, but we are miles away from that at the moment.

So assuming we wont play in the league sections of the Europa league, i'd rather we got the right players in at the right price, and we build a side this season and the next, so we can get nearer to that in the future.

And as for us playing the 2 kids up front in our European game, i don't think we will. I think we will have someone in by then.

And if not, it wouldn't bother me, i'd rather wait for the right players we can afford than bring in the wrong ones.

Aye .. our last decent effort was about 10 years ago when we gave AEK a run for their money. I would like to get the impression that we are at least taking Europe seriously. If its taking a back seat to getting 2nd or 3rd in the SPL next season, whats the point. For that you get another crack at the Europa League at roughly the same stage as now. At which point we maybe have a decent striker who has made an impact during the season, but then a couple of players from elsewhere in the team have been transferred and we toil to replace them before the first European round next year coz we want to get the 'right guys in' and once again Europe takes a back seat and on and on it goes.

The point being .... whats the point of trying for a high enough place in the league to make Europe if when you get there you give it a low priority in order to have a good enough team to finish high enough in the league next year to make Europe. What a bloody pointless exercise.

ScottB
05-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Aye .. our last decent effort was about 10 years ago when we gave AEK a run for their money. I would like to get the impression that we are at least taking Europe seriously. If its taking a back seat to getting 2nd or 3rd in the SPL next season, whats the point. For that you get another crack at the Europa League at roughly the same stage as now. At which point we maybe have a decent striker who has made an impact during the season, but then a couple of players from elsewhere in the team have been transferred and we toil to replace them before the first European round next year coz we want to get the 'right guys in' and once again Europe takes a back seat and on and on it goes.

The point being .... whats the point of trying for a high enough place in the league to make Europe if when you get there you give it a low priority in order to have a good enough team to finish high enough in the league next year to make Europe. What a bloody pointless exercise.

I suspect the desire to finish high up the league is for the extra money that brings, I doubt any club other than Celtic expect or plan on doing much in Europe, judging by St Johnstone they might not even be factoring it bringing in much / any money either.

DH1875
05-07-2013, 10:55 PM
This thread has totally died on it's feet. Just read the last 4-5 pages and there telling me **** all :confused:. We need strikers and we need them soon. I don't care who or what everyone else is doing but I do find this talk of making the top 6 a joke. In a league without Rangers and the yams starting on -15 points I'd say it should be a given. Anything less than top 4 is actually a joke and should be seen as nothing short of an embarrassment. No doubt the uber fans will be on slating me but seriously, enough of this mediocrity kite.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-07-2013, 11:02 PM
This thread has totally died on it's feet. Just read the last 4-5 pages and there telling me **** all :confused:. We need strikers and we need them soon. I don't care who or what everyone else is doing but I do find this talk of making the top 6 a joke. In a league without Rangers and the yams starting on -15 points I'd say it should be a given. Anything less than top 4 is actually a joke and should be seen as nothing short of an embarrassment. No doubt the uber fans will be on slating me but seriously, enough of this mediocrity kite.

Watched pats interview om HTV, by the sounds of things doesnt seem like we will be seeing a striker signing any time soon. Hope I'm wrong but thats the impression I got.

California-Hibs
06-07-2013, 12:11 AM

Bang spot on!! :agree:

Greenblood70
06-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Very disappointing that we haven't brought in a striker yet. We've known for months that we'd be unlikely to keep Leigh and that Doyle was away. Very poor.

Speedway
06-07-2013, 07:24 AM
It's typical/a disgrace/a conspiracy.

marinello59
06-07-2013, 07:37 AM
It's typical/a disgrace/a conspiracy.

It's all very well laying off about it on here but has anybody contacted the club to point out our lack of strikers? They probably haven't noticed, I am going to email somebody later about this.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2013, 08:07 AM

I have no doubts in my mind the club are taking EVERY game seriously. Where i'm coming from is we have a poor team, and thats a result of many things over the last few years.

Take your pick from crap managers, bad signing, less money, and nobody with any real ability wanting to come to Scotland, there are many more, and you can see why Fenlon has a very difficult job on his hands.

We all admired Motherwells team over the last couple of seasons, and we'd all have taken their side last year as a direct replacement for ours, yet they have hardly set Europe on fire.

It looks like Pat is getting us back in the right direction, maybe a bit too slowly than some would want, but he's doing now what others probably should have done before in picking off our competitors better players and bringing them to Hibs.

This is not a quick fix, but i agree he cant take too long getting us into Europe by our league position. And as far as i'm concerned Pat needs to do that this season, and build a team to do this every year.

Winning in Europe while nice, is not the be all at this moment in time, we have much bigger sights in my opinion at the minute, and thats to build a team that gets stronger year on year and gets us into a position where Europe is a big deal, and something we can target for a decent run in.

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Cant believe some on here are happy with the fact we have signed no strikers, ffs petrie bleats on about wanting 3k season ticket holders extra but does nothing to entice these people to buy one!! We should have brought in at least one experienced striker by now...

SlickShoes
06-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Cant believe some on here are happy with the fact we have signed no strikers, ffs petrie bleats on about wanting 3k season ticket holders extra but does nothing to entice these people to buy one!! We should have brought in at least one experienced striker by now...

I dont think anyone is HAPPY about it, just some are not getting their knickers in a twist just yet. We are only Hibs, not every player wants to play for us.

hibIBZ
06-07-2013, 08:56 AM
I can't believe some on here think Fenlon doesn't know we need a couple of strikers or that he and Petrie ha just not bothered to look for one. Yes it's frustrating but what's the point in taking anybody to fill the squad ie kuqi last year who was a complete waste if space. I want to see us get the best possible team and if that means having to wait then so be it

marinello59
06-07-2013, 09:03 AM
I dont think anyone is HAPPY about it, just some are not getting their knickers in a twist just yet. We are only Hibs, not every player wants to play for us.

And that is what makes recruiting the right player so awkard. Every single club in the land wants to increase their firepower if they can making goal scorers the most valuable commodity in the game. They know it and their agents know it so why would they limit their bargaining power by moving at the start of the transfer window? That doesn't mean that we should just accept our position but it does make things difficult when we want the right player at the right price before we play a very early Euro tie.

brydekirk
06-07-2013, 09:03 AM
It's not as if we haven't been trying, Griffiths Taylor and probably one or two we haven't heard about.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2013, 09:05 AM

Who are these people? :confused:

hibee_nation
06-07-2013, 09:15 AM
Who are these people? :confused:

I think Raith Rovers owner is one :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
06-07-2013, 09:22 AM
United: No Russell
Well: No Higdon
Hibs: No Griffiths
Caley: KEEPING McKay
Dons: KEEPING McGinn

Gordy M
06-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Think we are being a bit disrespectful to handling and caldwell who are two very good young strikers. Im not for one minute suggesting its enough for the season, obviously not, but all this talk of we have NO strikers is a bit off. Im sure pf is are well aware of what we require for the season.

what if we are still waiting on griffiths, and the deal isnt dead? If we sign another striker for a bit of cash then leigh becomes available at the start of the season, would folk be happy if we then couldnt afford him?

Hermit Crab
06-07-2013, 09:35 AM
United: No Russell
Well: No Higdon
Hibs: No Griffiths
Caley: KEEPING McKay
Dons: KEEPING McGinn

United now have goodwillie.

M/well now have Sutton and McFadden
(Where's Higdon gone?)

Caley have lost OTJ and one of the influential shinnie Bros.

Dons have Wylde, Hayes, Zola and McGinn

We have 2 youth team players recently promoted to first team. I'm sure we are trying though.

Other than Celtic I think Aberdeen will be the team to beat next season.

Hermit Crab
06-07-2013, 09:42 AM
@AgentScotland: Looking forward to seeing Iain Vigurs at Motherwell next season, great move, far superior move career wise than lower league football #Well

derek0762
06-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Think we are being a bit disrespectful to handling and caldwell who are two very good young strikers. Im not for one minute suggesting its enough for the season, obviously not, but all this talk of we have NO strikers is a bit off. Im sure pf is are well aware of what we require for the season.

what if we are still waiting on griffiths, and the deal isnt dead? If we sign another striker for a bit of cash then leigh becomes available at the start of the season, would folk be happy if we then couldnt afford him?

Well said that man and also remember both of these young strikers scored the other night all be it against Gib, and one of them scored an absolute peach of a goal at Tiny against the ****s!

LeighLoyal
06-07-2013, 09:59 AM
We could have taken Riordan to Spain and given him a chance, but instead we're raking about the bargain buckets as usual, buckets that turned up Kuqi last year. Moan over for day.

matty_f
06-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Petrie's done nothing bar signing 2 spl players (one a Welsh international iirc), a Norn Iron international, according to some itk posters on here, signedThomson, we're waiting on Claros signing a deal, and got Mullen.
As well as bidding for Griffiths and Taylor.
But apart from that, he's done nowt.

Borderhibbie76
06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I appreciate attempts will be being made to secure strikers but we knew months ago we were in Europe early, April in fact and we also knew we would possibly lose sparky and deffo Doyle, seems to be plans should have been in place earlier, or did we have all our eggs in 1 basket with sparky?? As for Taylor, is he really better than what we have already in Danny and Ross?? If we have money to spend, it should go on experienced imo

SaulGoodman
06-07-2013, 10:08 AM
This thread is a joke now. It should be locked until we actually sign someone because right now it's just full of complaining and people repeating the same **** over and over again.

matty_f
06-07-2013, 10:11 AM
This thread is a joke now. It should be locked until we actually sign someone because right now it's just full of complaining and people repeating the same **** over and over again.

This thread is a joke now. It should be locked until we actually sign someone because right now it's just full of complaining and people repeating the same **** over and over again

Spike Mandela
06-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Philisophical question of the day.................

What is the point of putting all the effort in over the season with the realistic target of acheiving European football if in the constant recycling of squads you are never actually fully prepared for European games when they come along?:cb

SloopJB
06-07-2013, 10:24 AM
This thread is a joke now. It should be locked until we actually sign someone because right now it's just full of complaining and people repeating the same **** over and over again

ScottB
06-07-2013, 10:32 AM
We could have taken Riordan to Spain and given him a chance, but instead we're raking about the bargain buckets as usual, buckets that turned up Kuqi last year. Moan over for day.

And signing a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in anger in how long wouldn't be a bargain bucket signing?

Spike Mandela
06-07-2013, 10:33 AM

Ok, we get it, ****ing hilarious:rolleyes:

Maybe the admin could just shut it down or change the title to confirmed signings.:aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
06-07-2013, 10:42 AM
I've got a raging hangover. Cheers.

Deansy
06-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Caldwell - the calmness and presence-of-mind he showed in the way he took his goal against Edinburgh's soon-to-be 'Third Lanark' was just sublime !!. Will never tire of watching it :not worth

http://youtu.be/OYdZpLSfuiw

Iain G
06-07-2013, 10:45 AM

At least Kuqi was in the bucket! Riordan is out of the bucket, halfway down the drain and headed to the north sea! :greengrin

Chill! Plenty of time to get strikers in by the time the league season starts :agree:

Spike Mandela
06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Caldwell - the calmness and presence-of-mind he showed in the way he took his goal against Edinburgh's soon-to-be 'Third Lanark' was just sublime !!. Will never tire of watching it :not worth

More of the same would be nice.:thumbsup:

LioNeilMessi
06-07-2013, 11:36 AM

:thumbsup:He was very impressive towards the end of the season. I would of loved to see a partnership of Ross and Griffiths next season though :boo hoo:

LeighLoyal
06-07-2013, 11:59 AM
And signing a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in anger in how long wouldn't be a bargain bucket signing?

I didn't say sign him, I said take him to Spain and give him a chance. FFS.

MSK
06-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I didn't say sign him, I said take him to Spain and give him a chance. FFS.:yawn:

Piqué
06-07-2013, 12:04 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4999636/Gers-money-couldnt-keep-Vigs-from-Well.html

Interesting little extra at the end of that article, it says that Stephen McManus is coming to us on trial this week. True?

hibIBZ
06-07-2013, 12:07 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4999636/Gers-money-couldnt-keep-Vigs-from-Well.html

Interesting little extra at the end of that article, it says that Stephen McManus is coming to us on trial this week. True?

Hopefully. Would be an excellent addition

Heisenberg
06-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Both clubs were interested so he's maybe taking a look at both set ups before making a decision? He'd be a good signing and would add experience to our defence in the absence of Mcpake.

Vault Boy
06-07-2013, 12:12 PM

Good spot there! Would be very happy with McManus. :agree:

Hermit Crab
06-07-2013, 12:52 PM
@AgentScotland: Gary Woods, who played almost 50 games for League 1 winners Doncaster last season has been touted to at least four SPFL clubs

ScottB
06-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I didn't say sign him, I said take him to Spain and give him a chance. FFS.

Would rather give the game time to the young guys who at this stage need to be fit and match ready for the season than giving a run out to someone whose had his chance and then some.

Callum_62
06-07-2013, 01:42 PM
@AgentScotland: Gary Woods, who played almost 50 games for League 1 winners Doncaster last season has been touted to at least four SPFL clubs

Keeper....not for us I wouldn't think

Hermit Crab
06-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Keeper....not for us I wouldn't think

Didn't realise he is a keeper.

Speedway
06-07-2013, 07:03 PM
If he's a keeper, why are Doncaster prepared to let him go?

Hermit Crab
06-07-2013, 10:24 PM
If he's a keeper, why are Doncaster prepared to let him go?

Money??

Spike Mandela
06-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Money??

:a bite:

Wooooooooooooosh!

silverhibee
06-07-2013, 11:47 PM

In Pat we trust.

cloudy
07-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Higdon, Deano, McManus would be happy with this 3 but is it wishful thinking or what's the chances, also it might be daft but anyone else notice that sparky hasn't joined up with wolves yet (I know they SAY they gave him extra time off) and is only meeting them when they come to Scotland? And hibs not yet signed a striker? Remember the away strip gets unveiled this week I wonder who will be modelling it?... surely not..... could it be... Na your rite its daft.. or is it?

hibeenicol
07-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Higdon, Deano, McManus would be happy with this 3 but is it wishful thinking or what's the chances, also it might be daft but anyone else notice that sparky hasn't joined up with wolves yet (I know they SAY they gave him extra time off) and is only meeting them when they come to Scotland? And hibs not yet signed a striker? Remember the away strip gets unveiled this week I wonder who will be modelling it?... surely not..... could it be... Na your rite its daft.. or is it?

Would be happy with the 3 players you've mentioned and I don't think it's too unlikely.
I'd like another striker in there though maybe Boyce or Taylor.
Griffiths is not coming back though he's been named in wolves 23 man squad for there tour of Scotland and meets up with the team on Monday for pre-season.

sesoim
07-07-2013, 09:53 PM

Hopefully. I'd be happy with a good new CB or LB (so that McGivern can play in the centre). Either way, we shouldn't have to put up with a Hanlon-McPake partnership again this season. Forster (who should have gotten a longer contract to be on the safe side) deserves to keep his place beside him.

That would just leave us needing couple of good strikers and a productive winger. No excuses for not challenging for 2nd if we can do all that.

Hero76
07-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Hopefully. I'd be happy with a good new CB or LB (so that McGivern can play in the centre). Either way, we shouldn't have to put up with a Hanlon-McPake partnership again this season. Forster (who should have gotten a longer contract to be on the safe side) deserves to keep his place beside him.

That would just leave us needing couple of good strikers and a productive winger. No excuses for not challenging for 2nd if we can do all that.

Ive never seen RM play in the centre and we never will, I prefer him at LB I also prefer him at CH to PH.

Billychaotic182
07-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Ive never seen RM play in the centre and we never will, I prefer him at LB I also prefer him at CH to PH.

He played there in a good few games most memorable the cup game against hearts (1.0) and he was MOTM. Won every header and strolled it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Higdon has just signed for NEC Nijmegen.

mon the cabbage
08-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Higdon has signed for NEC Nijmegen according to sky sports.

Speedway
08-07-2013, 03:01 PM
must be the wage cap at ER :fishin:

Heisenberg
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Surely we wouldnt have him in to train if there was no chance of him signing? Would be a waste of time otherwise.

darwenhibby
08-07-2013, 03:06 PM
'cos East Mains is THAT good :agree:

And he wants to make sure he is in peak condition to face Hibs on 4th August.

Why go abroad when there are fantastic facilities here in Scotland.

YehButNoBut
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM

Higdon has signed for NEC Nijmegen according to sky sports.

:agree: Another one we can score off the list

http://sport.stv.tv/football/232304-former-motherwell-striker-michael-higdon-moves-to-nec-nijmegen/

Dutch side NEC Nijmegen have announced the signing of former Motherwell striker Michael Higdon.

The leading scorer in last season's Scottish Premier League with 26 goals, the Englishman has signed a two-year contract with the Eredivisie club.

"For the striker position we wanted to sign a target man," NEC's technical director Carlos Aalbers told the club's official website.

"Michael has done just that in Scotland. He has shown he can score goals at the highest level."

eastmainsmsh
08-07-2013, 03:12 PM

SlickShoes
08-07-2013, 03:20 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/football/232304-former-motherwell-striker-michael-higdon-moves-to-nec-nijmegen/

Dutch side NEC Nijmegen have announced the signing of former Motherwell striker Michael Higdon.

The leading scorer in last season's Scottish Premier League with 26 goals, the Englishman has signed a two-year contract with the Eredivisie club.

"For the striker position we wanted to sign a target man," NEC's technical director Carlos Aalbers told the club's official website.

"Michael has done just that in Scotland. He has shown he can score goals at the highest level."

HAHAHA, what SPL was this guy watching?

YehButNoBut
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM

At least Motherwell are significantly weaker this season, also just remembered Higdon will now be a team mate of Victor Palsson.

hibs supporter
08-07-2013, 04:31 PM
just saw that matt done has signed for Rochdale glad he wont be back at easter road

Golden Bear
08-07-2013, 04:39 PM
At least Motherwell are significantly weaker this season, also just remembered Higdon will now be a team mate of Victor Palsson.

Sutton will be an ideal replacement mark my words.

TRC
08-07-2013, 06:05 PM
So funny cant believe that someone has bitten this. They really do have their heads in the clouds

http://www.heartsrumours.co.uk/

Gibby the Hibby
08-07-2013, 06:10 PM
agree with this :thumbsup:

I have no doubts in my mind the club are taking EVERY game seriously. Where i'm coming from is we have a poor team, and thats a result of many things over the last few years.

Take your pick from crap managers, bad signing, less money, and nobody with any real ability wanting to come to Scotland, there are many more, and you can see why Fenlon has a very difficult job on his hands.

We all admired Motherwells team over the last couple of seasons, and we'd all have taken their side last year as a direct replacement for ours, yet they have hardly set Europe on fire.

It looks like Pat is getting us back in the right direction, maybe a bit too slowly than some would want, but he's doing now what others probably should have done before in picking off our competitors better players and bringing them to Hibs.

This is not a quick fix, but i agree he cant take too long getting us into Europe by our league position. And as far as i'm concerned Pat needs to do that this season, and build a team to do this every year.

Winning in Europe while nice, is not the be all at this moment in time, we have much bigger sights in my opinion at the minute, and thats to build a team that gets stronger year on year and gets us into a position where Europe is a big deal, and something we can target for a decent run in.

Gibby the Hibby
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM
hopefully soon a few half decent strikers we are looking at will realise they cant get more money elsewhere when the championship teams etc make more signings. Cos lets face it every club and ther dug are trying to sign any half decent striker who is on the market, leavin us wi the dregs or if they are any good they will be weighing up options. i know its frustrating with europe so soon. but lets be honest Id rather we waited and got a as good a quality player as possible than panic buy a Kuqi(ish) player just to have someone for europe this european campaign which is most likely not gonna last too long(just bein realistic) Malmo couldnt score against drogheda, and against 10men for 20 odd mins if sources are correct I seen. I agree with earlier post. griffiths just aint happening. maybe a longsot for next year..but move on time, someone to help develop our 2 youngsters is needed!

Hearts fans are talking about hoe sweet it would be to come above us next season...what planet...eh when you cant do it without -15? they lose there players etc, but still struggling to find a brain cell(some of them)

Andy74
08-07-2013, 06:52 PM

Was spotted at Schipol yesterday. Wondered where he was headed!

Jonnyboy
08-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Bamba was very quick. David Stephens was touted as having blistering pace, not that it was ever seen, or indeed made up for his numerous deficiancies.

Yip, couldnae leave us quick enough :wink:

Hibs07p
08-07-2013, 07:52 PM
So funny cant believe that someone has bitten this. They really do have their heads in the clouds

http://www.heartsrumours.co.uk/

SW19, would that be Wimbledon?

TRC
08-07-2013, 08:10 PM
yes it is:greengrin

SaulGoodman
08-07-2013, 08:31 PM
SW19, would that be Wimbledon?

Very good.

Now link all the other parts about this 'Murray group' 'loaded' 'big in the sports industry'

:wink:

Juice-Terry
09-07-2013, 08:50 AM
From the Lyle Taylor thread:

SPFL Banter *** ‏@splbanter Hibs look set to miss out on striker Lyle Taylor as Falkirk accept a bid from English League 2 side Rotherham

scoopyboy
09-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Kevin Thomson has either signed or is about to sign (not an exclusive as others have already posted this).

We have missed out on some of our targets as they have signed for other teams, don't know any names unfortunately.

SMAXXA
09-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Kevin Thomson has either signed or is about to sign (not an exclusive as others have already posted this).

We have missed out on some of our targets as they have signed for other teams, don't know any names unfortunately.

Aye mate he signed a 1 year deal, well one year as it stood last week unless Rods decreased it to 6 months :greengrin

Northernhibee
09-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Aye mate he signed a 1 year deal, well one year as it stood last week unless Rods decreased it to 6 months :greengrin

It's still 12 months but Rod's decreased it to a deal for Kevin Webster.

green glory
09-07-2013, 09:50 AM
It's still 12 months but Rod's decreased it to a deal for Kevin Webster.

Surely he's signing for the Yams. Not welcome in Weatherfield anymore apparently.

scoopyboy
09-07-2013, 09:54 AM

Do you think we are delaying announcing it until Friday morning so it makes up for possibly not getting a striker?:greengrin

Would be Rod to a t, "we've just managed to beat the UEFA deadline in signing Kevin".

SMAXXA
09-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Do you think we are delaying announcing it until Friday morning so it makes up for possibly not getting a striker?:greengrin

Would be Rod to a t, "we've just managed to beat the UEFA deadline in signing Kevin".

Lol the old fox cant get nothing past us :greengrin, he must think we are wet behind the ears. FWIW I also believe we will have an announcement by Friday of a new striker if not before mate.

YehButNoBut
09-07-2013, 11:46 AM

G. Victor Palsson ‏@VictorPalsson Me and Higdon before his first training at trainings camp.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOuRbp3CcAESPuv.jpg

Fergus52
09-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Biggest load of crap going, don't believe a word this gimp says. To be fair though im sure Motherwell may well be favourites given they've spent a week with him and he hasn't seen first hand what we have to offer.

:agree:.

Can't believe that fake ITKs on twitter are getting any credibility on here.

hibs supporter
09-07-2013, 11:58 AM
howe should be signing for us unless he is on holiday hearts are under embargo so cant go there

Andy74
09-07-2013, 12:01 PM
howe should be signing for us unless he is on holiday hearts are under embargo so cant go there

Or coming for just a trial.

andrew70
09-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Or coming for just a trial.

Or joining up with one of the numerous English clubs currently training in Scotland.

Alex Trager
09-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Or joining up with one of the numerous English clubs currently training in Scotland.

Who are they?

LeighLoyal
09-07-2013, 12:17 PM
G. Victor Palsson ‏@VictorPalsson Me and Higdon before his first training at trainings camp.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOuRbp3CcAESPuv.jpg

Pretty bad that a wee club like NEC can take Higdon. I assume Hibs were interested.

andrew70
09-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Who are they?

Oxford, Sheff U, Wolves, Rotherham.....

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Who are they?

Oxford, Rotherham and Wolves are the only ones I can think of.

Bertie's XI
09-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know the deadline for when Hibs need to sign a player(s) so they can play in the upcoming europa league matches?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know the deadline for when Hibs need to sign a player(s) so they can play in the upcoming europa league matches?

I am honestly not 100% sure but ill hazard a guess and say this coming Friday.

aarsan
09-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Before the game

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Probably aload of bull but saw these tweets on my twitter homepage - "@ASutherland1983: Horrible rumours on Twitter about Adam Rooney coming back to Scotland with Hibs, Dundee United, Saint Johnstone and Ross County interested.

@TransferTweeter: Dundee Utd, Ross County, St Johnstone & Hibs are interested in Adam Rooney, Rooney #DUFC #RCFC #hibs #stfc"

Heisenberg
09-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Probably aload of bull but saw these tweets on my twitter homepage - "@ASutherland1983: Horrible rumours on Twitter about Adam Rooney coming back to Scotland with Hibs, Dundee United, Saint Johnstone and Ross County interested.

@TransferTweeter: Dundee Utd, Ross County, St Johnstone & Hibs are interested in Adam Rooney, Rooney #DUFC #RCFC #hibs #stfc"

If that's true then surely we can afford to pay the best wages out of those teams.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 01:03 PM
If that's true then surely we can afford to pay the best wages out of those teams.

Too many strikers names getting thrown about, just never know what to believe mate. But yeah I agree with you.

Ritchie
09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Pretty bad that a wee club like NEC can take Higdon. I assume Hibs were interested.

hardly a wee club, they play in a better league than the SPL and come from a one club city with a population greater than Edinburgh by about 300k

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Who are the "several" recent knock backs we have had. Griffiths - yes definitely, Taylor - not so much of a knock back as more of a "we ain't paying what you want" however I suppose that can be termed as a knock back. That's two that are in the public domain. There may be others that journos and agents know about which haven't made the media.

Don't really know if Killen knocked us back? Don't even know if we were ever interested. Reading between the lines if we have shown an interest we have asked how much he is looking for, told his agent to bolt as he has asked for more than we believe he is worth. Is that a knock back if we haven't even offered him anything.

Wouldn't be surpised if we have made an offer to Higdon and he has turned it down. If we have, at least we asked the question of the sort of player we should be trying to sign.

I believe Matt Green knocked us back to join Birmingham from Mansfield. I might be wrong though!

Aldo
09-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I am more than certain that we will sign at least
1 other CF before the 4th of Aug and maybe e en
One after that.

hfc rd
09-07-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm not 110% sure but think it is this Friday.

NYHibby
09-07-2013, 04:03 PM
It is this Friday.

The Europa League rules are here:
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/94/62/40/1946240_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Hermit Crab
09-07-2013, 04:42 PM
@AgentScotland: 4 SPFL clubs interested in Adam Rooney, Swindon looking to half the £5k pw contract they offered, still more than he'd get in SPFL tho

Thecat23
10-07-2013, 02:37 PM
The guy who does the rod Petrie Parody account on twitter saying...

@Sir_RodPetrie: Alex Harris 10000% leaving to Rangers. Put your house on it. Him modelling our away kit shows no commitment

First I've heard this?!

Aldo
10-07-2013, 02:44 PM

@Sir_RodPetrie: Alex Harris 10000% leaving to Rangers. Put your house on it. Him modelling our away kit shows no commitment

First I've heard this?!

O dear. What a wallopper folk on Here TC are bound to totally over react to this

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-07-2013, 02:47 PM

First I've heard this?!

The boy who owns that account is probably about 15 with nothing better to do. Wouldnt believe anything he or agent scotland says.

Wilson
10-07-2013, 02:49 PM
The boy who owns that account is probably about 15 with nothing better to do. Wouldnt believe anything he or agent scotland says.

I don't know - 10000%? That is too big a percentage to ignore :rolleyes::wink:

HibeeN
10-07-2013, 02:50 PM

First I've heard this?!

The Romanov parody account started a rumour yesterday about Sevco and Cardiff wanting Harris, and Petrie being willing to accept £300k. The Petrie parody account is...parodying his tweet...I think :greengrin

Thecat23
10-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I didn't believe it at all myself. Think it's a pish take of the Romanov one as mentioned above.

Leishy1995
10-07-2013, 03:08 PM

First I've heard this?!

It was a tweet taking the piss out of the Romanov account.

Leishy1995
10-07-2013, 03:09 PM

Ask meh, he's no 15.

SlickShoes
11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Sources suggest that we will sign one or two players either this week, next week or even the next week. There is an outside chance we could sign 4 players but that would have to wait until August due to a certain restriction caused by something suggested by a source.

Can we please sign a striker?

Speedway
11-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Sources suggest that we will sign one or two players either this week, next week or even the next week. There is an outside chance we could sign 4 players but that would have to wait until August due to a certain restriction caused by something suggested by a source.

Source?

SlickShoes
11-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Source?

PRAY4MARC the man of the hour, always in know, his pals spend whole days with Agents and we get all the info as it happens. Best Source in the land!

Billy Whizz
11-07-2013, 09:50 AM

What's the restriction?

JeMeSouviens
11-07-2013, 10:18 AM
What's the restriction?

3 club rule? Not sure what the date is they use to decide when the season changes?

Andy74
11-07-2013, 10:22 AM
PRAY4MARC the man of the hour, always in know, his pals spend whole days with Agents and we get all the info as it happens. Best Source in the land!

brydekirk
11-07-2013, 10:22 AM
3 club rule? Not sure what the date is they use to decide when the season changes?

So it's not LG then.

BarneyK
11-07-2013, 10:26 AM
What's the restriction?

Administration? :greengrin (Oh aye right enough, you do get to sign players during a registration embargo, cannae be that then...)

KanyeWestLower
11-07-2013, 12:27 PM
It's not Howe any way!

@JermaineRene86: Looks like I'm not going to hibs after all. #hijacked.Thanks for all the new followers for following.All the best for ur up coming season.

Alex Trager
11-07-2013, 12:31 PM
It's not Howe any way!

@JermaineRene86: Looks like I'm not going to hibs after all. #hijacked.Thanks for all the new followers for following.All the best for ur up coming season.

Maybe cause LT is en route

flash
11-07-2013, 12:32 PM
It's hard work trying to sort out the genuine info from the attention seeking mince on this thread.

brog
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Maybe cause LT is en route

I think that's entirely possible. Shame for the lad but LT has been our preferred option for over 6 months now & we don't need these 2 similar types. Conversely, if we do have LT I think we may also take Vine as a diffent type of option.

J-C
11-07-2013, 12:45 PM
I think that's entirely possible. Shame for the lad but LT has been our preferred option for over 6 months now & we don't need these 2 similar types. Conversely, if we do have LT I think we may also take Vine as a diffent type of option.

Taylor knows the Scottish scene better and probably has a better sell on than Howe, probably do the same job, so expect them to be similar style of player, Taylor better option for me.

Hermit Crab
11-07-2013, 01:27 PM
@BarryAnderson_8: #Falkirk will accept around £200,000 for striker Lyle Taylor. #Hibs have offered £150,000 so far, according to @Dennynews.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-07-2013, 01:29 PM
If we get Taylor for 200k, does anyone think we will still be after another forward?

Speedway
11-07-2013, 01:30 PM
If we get Taylor for 200k, does anyone think we will still be after another forward?

Yes.

SMAXXA
11-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Yes.

Double YES maybe even 3 new in total

scoopyboy
11-07-2013, 01:34 PM

We have to be, LT and Rossco and Danny would only give us three.

Not enough to fill the team and bench for a game never mind getting us through a season.

Andy74
11-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Yes, I think he would be the Doyle/Kuqi option and we'd look for another in the wee striker category.

J-C
11-07-2013, 01:36 PM
We have to be, LT and Rossco and Danny would only give us three.

Not enough to fill the team and bench for a game never mind getting us through a season.

You reckon it'll be a free agent striker Scoops?

scoopyboy
11-07-2013, 01:39 PM
You reckon it'll be a free agent striker Scoops?

If we are spending decent money on a transfer fee I cannot see it being anything else other than a free agent.

We need two if not three strikers brought in IMO to help the young two weve got.

SaulGoodman
11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Ask meh, he's no 15.

I'm 18.. Pretty sure Sir Rod is too..

Or 17 I'm not sure :wink:

Leishy1995
11-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm 18.. Pretty sure Sir Rod is too..

Or 17 I'm not sure :wink:

He's 100% 18 just now. Spoke to him today :wink:

SaulGoodman
11-07-2013, 03:12 PM
He's 100% 18 just now. Spoke to him today :wink:

Might pop into the store and ask Rod himself about our signings :wink:

silverhibee
11-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Rod is busy. FACT :greengrin

Leishy1995

He's no in today head round on Saterday

eastmainsmsh

Carlos Tevez on loan providing the legal issues lol:greengrin

SaulGoodman
11-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Rod is busy. FACT :greengrin

He must be if he works Saturdays! :greengrin

snooky
11-07-2013, 04:04 PM
It's not Howe any way!

Howe come? :dunno:

Naw, Howe go :offski:

(Good luck JR, BTW - thanks for testing the water)

cloudy
11-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Probably already been asked and answered but is ther a deadline for signing players for the European game

Dibben
11-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Probably already been asked and answered but is ther a deadline for signing players for the European game

Tomorrow I think!

SouthMoroccoStu
12-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Always wanted to start one of these:greengrin

Today to the transfer deadline for us to buy or loan any player to be eligible to play for us in this seasons Europa League competition

Greggs, somebody told me, my source says rumours and still in the mix as it stands are:

Lyle Taylor
Rowan Vine
Ryan Noble
Stephen McManus
Jorge Claros
Kevin Thomson
Reene Howe
(Anyone missed just post below)

Plenty of excitement and debate to be had!

Lets get this team sorted -- GGTTH

:flag:

Purehibee_MYB
12-07-2013, 05:54 AM
My gut tells me we'll announce KT and Vine if anyone at all. Here's hoping! :flag:

Speedway
12-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Ross Noble?