PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

gegs70
28-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Surely though the players they potentially want will either be signed untill july or taking a family holiday. Its possibly more to do with the fact that other clubs seasons start earlier than ours so are better prepared!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Just saw this on twitter "@DRFC_McAteer: Bye Bye harper you **** *******!! #drfc Feel sorry for #hibs"

And this...

"@PeteWRLFC_BWFC: "@TransferBreaker: Doncaster Rovers' James Harper is in talks with SPL outfit Hibernian. #drfc #hibs" @LeytherMatt"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harper_(footballer)

cabbageandribs1875
28-06-2013, 11:20 PM
do we really need another midfielder ? :confused: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harper_(footballer)

30 goals in over 400 games...nah :(

gegs70
28-06-2013, 11:24 PM
33years old too with quite a few midfielders....get us a cple of forwards for god sake!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-06-2013, 11:25 PM
do we really need another midfielder ? :confused: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harper_(footballer)

My thoughts exactly, dont want him to be honest. I'd rather Thommo/Claros instead of Harper, anyday!

CallumLaidlaw
28-06-2013, 11:32 PM
My thoughts exactly, dont want him to be honest.

So, formation for next season

Williams

McPake Hanlon Mcgivern

Harris Taiwo Harper OTJ Thomson Craig

Killen

J-C
28-06-2013, 11:42 PM
So, formation for next season

Williams

McPake Hanlon Mcgivern

Harris Taiwo Harper OTJ Thomson Craig

Killen

You'd play 3 at the back with no wingbacks, very brave indeed :confused: oh and still no attacking midfield option except Craig who you've got as a winger.

Andy74
29-06-2013, 07:31 AM

Without Claros, Thomson and Deegan. Yes we probably do.

bingo70
29-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Without Claros, Thomson and Deegan. Yes we probably do.

Imo we didn't need them all last season and we've already replaced them with Tudor-Jones, Robertson (who I think was bought with this season in mind) and possibly Craig depending on where fenlon plays him.

I'm not convinced we need another central midfielder.

Waxy
29-06-2013, 07:44 AM
I'm convinced we dont need any more midfielders. Really must be signing at least one Good striker this week.

Andy74
29-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Imo we didn't need them all last season and we've already replaced them with Tudor-Jones, Robertson (who I think was bought with this season in mind) and possibly Craig depending on where fenlon plays him.

I'm not convinced we need another central midfielder.

So long as we also fill other gaps I'd take one. Played a lot of games in EPL and Championship.

The more the merrier!

brydekirk
29-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Depends on Thomson, I would say. He's been offered a deal but has yet to sign.

Andy74
29-06-2013, 07:47 AM

Don't go there. :wink:

Billy Whizz
29-06-2013, 07:48 AM

Be interested to see if he's playing today

bingo70
29-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Be interested to see if he's playing today

Same with Wotherspoon, maybury and Scott.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2013, 07:55 AM

Good point, don't think we'll see Maybury as he was given time off to do his coaching badges

brydekirk
29-06-2013, 07:58 AM

Keep forgetting about Scott, another waste of a wage.

bingo70
29-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Keep forgetting about Scott, another waste of a wage.

Totally agree but if he's going to be here and we're paying him a wage we might as well see if we can use him, he might see this as his last chance to make it in the SPL.

Andy74
29-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Totally agree but if he's going to be here and we're paying him a wage we might as well see if we can use him, he might see this as his last chance to make it in the SPL.

Don't think we will see him again. Didn't really make an impact back at Ross County and if we feel we already have too many midfielders he isn't one I'd consider playing. First time for a While now though we haven't had too many players that are just wasting a wage.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Apology accepted... (Joking obviously)

You refer to Aberdeen, Ross county and Motherwell. We have signed 3 players (excluding the young lads) so far and it's not even July. I'd say that's pretty decent.

Motherwell have lost higdon, hately, possibly McFadden plus their keeper and allegedly signed Sutton. Wow...

Ross county have signed my postman, window cleaner and the lad who sells their programmes.

Aberdeen (as per standard procedure) have signed multiple ex spl players who have been found out down south. Plus a guy who has 'Zola' as a surname.

Virtually every team on the planet are currently negotiating for players right now and we are no different.

Keep the faith my friend. Stay calm and lets resume this conversation at the start of this season.

Some of our best signings have been made either in the week before the season starts or during the season.

Haha. I suppose if it were a normal season it wouldn't be an issue. It would just be good to have guys bedded in in preparation for Europe.

bingo70
29-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Don't think we will see him again. Didn't really make an impact back at Ross County and if we feel we already have too many midfielders he isn't one I'd consider playing. First time for a While now though we haven't had too many players that are just wasting a wage.

Probably depends if someone else wants him, doubt he'll go back to Ross county so we may be stuck with him.

Billy Whizz
29-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Probably depends if someone else wants him, doubt he'll go back to Ross county so we may be stuck with him.

He can play in the EOS League team

Andy74
29-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Haha. I suppose if it were a normal season it wouldn't be an issue. It would just be good to have guys bedded in in preparation for Europe.

It would but the rest of football doesn't give a toss that Hibs are playing some qualifying rounds in Europe. We've moved early for players and signed 3. We've probably approached a whole lot more but players have many options generally. Some have gone for our offer, others will wait.

SMAXXA
29-06-2013, 08:37 AM

His auld mucker Davie Weir is trying to take him to Sheffield UTD, wasn't getting the vibes that he was too enthusiastic about going but not ruling it out.

SMAXXA
29-06-2013, 08:40 AM

I wouldn't be so sure Andy, Fenlon rates him as a player but couldn't deal with him as a person hence why he went to County. If he was to feature here something will have to have given in his time away with MS changing his ways. Stranger things have happened in football. Still if things havnt changed with MS's attitude id expect him to be moved on as a result.

Lmc2105
29-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Don't go there. :wink:

after yesterday's debate I agree :wink:

West hamBERNIAN
29-06-2013, 08:55 AM

He could prove to be quite useful in the less meaningful games, probably do okay against the likes of st Mirren and hearts:greengrin

The Leith Dutch
29-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Much as I'd like to get whatever players we're getting in for next season as soon as we can - particularly with the European qualification in mind - this debate about why we don't get players in early happens every season.

There's usually two main criticisms:
- not enough time for the team to gel
- we wind up picking up the scraps in the market

Given that it's not usually a poor start that leads to our recently poor league placing but the seemingly inevitable post Christmas collapse that would suggest that the not gelling quickly enough isn't really a major issue.

As for picking up the scraps there's probably something to that but I can't honestly say that we've lost out on that many players without using 20/20 hindsight (excepting the yams and their financial doping).

NAE NOOKIE
29-06-2013, 09:50 AM
The cup final would be a decent game to use for an idea of what we need at this point, if you compare what we had in that game against what we might line up with against against Malmo.

If we do lose Claros and KT then we would have to hope that Craig and Tudor Jones are at least as good.

Williams

Clancy ( if fit ), McPake ( if fit ), Hanlon, McGivern

Harris, Tudor Jones, Taiwo, Craig

Handling, Caldwell

I would guess that PF will play 4 5 1 in the first leg if its away though and the midfield might be in a different order. I would also say that until Forster does something to lose his place my personal opinion would be to keep him in the team ahead of McPake.

Anyway ...... The problem is that both Handling and Caldwell were 2nd in line behind Doyle & Griffiths for the final and with a half fit Griffiths on the park we barely had an effort on goal worth talking about, Doyle's header notwithstanding.

That midfield line up is not much stronger IMO than what we had in the cup final so the question has to be asked ( no offence to two guys who could well turn into decent strikers ) where are the goals going to come from against a strong European team a third of the way into their season ?

brydekirk
29-06-2013, 09:51 AM
He could prove to be quite useful in the less meaningful games, probably do okay against the likes of st Mirren and hearts:greengrin

He could do a job at Dumbarton if he can keep his hands to himself.

hibs supporter
29-06-2013, 11:47 AM
was wondering if anybody knows who has been released just saw fenlon saying today kuqi is away saw in paper deegan is away maybe will find out after game today what players are there

TheFamous1875
29-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Sky Sports News' Luke Shanley interviewed Ian Murray on today's game, the season ahead, and Hibs European hopes. Interviewing Pat Fenlon later, and showing all the goals of today's game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Not confirmed by Hibs yet, but Mullen tweeted saying he's delighted to sign a deal with us. Welcome Fraser!

Edit: just been confirmed

"@HibernianFCClub: Hibernian can confirm Fraser Mullen has joined the club after agreeing a one year contract #welcomefraser #hibees"

Onceinawhile
29-06-2013, 09:10 PM
So we've made 4 signings already this window?

2 midfielders, a left back and a right back, and this is before the younger players that have been snapped up.

Anyone saying that we haven't done our business early is talking nonsense. That's not too say that we don't still need at least two strikers and maybe a few others though...

lucky
29-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I think Sparky will be back at Hibs, sauce the amount of fosters I've drunk. But with the lack of activity on the signing strikers I think hes coming home.

Cabbage East
29-06-2013, 11:43 PM
I think it's fair to say beyond any reasonable doubt that Griffiths isn't coming back. Lack of activity in what way? Hibs don't announce anything unless the player is signed, and even then its sometimes weeks later.

sesoim
30-06-2013, 01:11 AM
It would but the rest of football doesn't give a toss that Hibs are playing some qualifying rounds in Europe. We've moved early for players and signed 3. We've probably approached a whole lot more but players have many options generally. Some have gone for our offer, others will wait.

Fenlon could have signed a striker in January - boy did we need one - but decided not to. He wasted wages on Robertson and Done instead and we continued to drop down the table because Griffiths was the only player knocking the goals in. People keep on coming up with excuses for Fenlon, but this is his FOURTH transfer window, and the only strikers we have are two youngsters that are no where near ready (or good enough) to start regularly for us.

If he pulls a couple of good ones out the hat in the next few days, great, but for all these people that keep saying give Fenlon time to build a team, he's had a year and a half and we are still scrambling around trying to get players before smaller teams beat us to them. It's especially annoying when we have a chance to go on a wee run in Europe, which might have made up for all the money we lost last season through Fenlon's failure to get us into the top six.

matty_f
30-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Fenlon could have signed a striker in January - boy did we need one - but decided not to. He wasted wages on Robertson and Done instead and we continued to drop down the table because Griffiths was the only player knocking the goals in. People keep on coming up with excuses for Fenlon, but this is his FOURTH transfer window, and the only strikers we have are two youngsters that are no where near ready (or good enough) to start regularly for us.

If he pulls a couple of good ones out the hat in the next few days, great, but for all these people that keep saying give Fenlon time to build a team, he's had a year and a half and we are still scrambling around trying to get players before smaller teams beat us to them. It's especially annoying when we have a chance to go on a wee run in Europe, which might have made up for all the money we lost last season through Fenlon's failure to get us into the top six.

I wonder if Hanlon could do a job up front.

sesoim
30-06-2013, 01:29 AM

2 midfielders, a left back and a right back, and this is before the younger players that have been snapped up.

Anyone saying that we haven't done our business early is talking nonsense. That's not too say that we don't still need at least two strikers and maybe a few others though...

I get the impression Fenlon is more comfortable signing defensive players than he is signing creative or attacking players who pose a genuine goal threat. At least Craig isn't a pass the buck style midfielder like the others ones he's signed previously though.

Northernhibee
30-06-2013, 01:33 AM
I wonder if Hanlon could do a job up front.

If only we'd kept David Stephens...

Craig_in_Prague
30-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Pat seemed fairly confident of a couple of new players this w/e (with SPL experience).
A 1 year deal for a freed Hearts player. Is that it ? (dont count the other kids brought in)

Pray4Marc
30-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Liam Boyce.

Eyrie
30-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Pat seemed fairly confident of a couple of new players this w/e (with SPL experience).
A 1 year deal for a freed Hearts player. Is that it ? (dont count the other kids brought in)

As has already been said, it's not just Mullen. Tudur-Jones and Craig have arrived and McGivern is now on a permanent deal which makes four confirmed so far.

Craig_in_Prague
30-06-2013, 09:53 AM
As has already been said, it's not just Mullen. Tudur-Jones and Craig have arrived and McGivern is now on a permanent deal which makes four confirmed so far.

Yes, but he said he hoped/expected for 2 THIS week.

Obviously at least one CF very soon.

pontius pilate
30-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Liam Boyce.

Was this who you were eluding to earlier last this week? Would be a good Signing if so

SlickShoes
30-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Liam Boyce.

is this as reliable as your information from thursday where you said 2 strikers were being unveiled on friday?

brog
30-06-2013, 10:10 AM
is this as reliable as your information from thursday where you said 2 strikers were being unveiled on friday?

I went back & read the OP's first post. He said a source inside ER had told him 2 strikers & a CH were at ER that day & were signing. He was factually correct & its not necessarily his fault the 4 players we signed that day were all teenagers. I fail to understand why people jump all over someone who posts on here in good faith, if they're talking mince it will soon become apparent but they're unlikely to post any nuggets if they only get criticism.
FWIW I know we have been monitoring Boyce for months now but original hope was for him to partner LG. The concern is his comparative lack of experience partnering other young players up front.

30-06-2013, 11:00 AM
I went back & read the OP's first post. He said a source inside ER had told him 2 strikers & a CH were at ER that day & were signing. He was factually correct & its not necessarily his fault the 4 players we signed that day were all teenagers. I fail to understand why people jump all over someone who posts on here in good faith, if they're talking mince it will soon become apparent but they're unlikely to post any nuggets if they only get criticism.
FWIW I know we have been monitoring Boyce for months now but original hope was for him to partner LG. The concern is his comparative lack of experience partnering other young players up front.

Agreed. The thread has 'rumours' in the title, not '100% in the know facts'. People will hear things, post them, some will be correct, some will be wrong.

I like hearing the rumours whether they're right or wrong, it's what the pre season is all about.

hibeenicol
30-06-2013, 11:07 AM

:agree: Totally agree with this the OP got information put it on here and it was all correct. I don't understand why certain posters feel the need to give others a hard time.

blackpoolhibs
30-06-2013, 11:48 AM
There will also be another midfielder coming in, as since Petrie has put paid to Thomson signing :wink: its clear Fenlon wants another.

I personally hope its Claros he gets.

Andy74
30-06-2013, 12:12 PM

You should have gone on to read the other posts though.

In all day with an agent, English striker with Championship teams after him.

Another announcement on Friday.

The young players being signed were a coincidence.

SlickShoes
30-06-2013, 12:36 PM

Yep it's a shame when people read one post and make a rash judgement.

My posts directed at pray4marc refer not to one single post he made but rather the collective posts he made during the week which were all a load of tripe.

I love rumours as much as the next fan but when someone pretends to be "in the know" and get's it completely wrong they should be called out on it.

brog
30-06-2013, 12:54 PM

My posts directed at pray4marc refer not to one single post he made but rather the collective posts he made during the week which were all a load of tripe.

I love rumours as much as the next fan but when someone pretends to be "in the know" and get's it completely wrong they should be called out on it.

Why? as another poster said the title is rumours, not facts. Personally I take it all with a large pinch of salt but I enjoy reading it.

snooky
30-06-2013, 01:26 PM

Most folk that post 'rumours' are genuine and have heard some sort of whisper however, I'm sure there are a few AH's who just make up stories 'for a laugh' to get a little power trip. These are the people who spoil it for everyone.
(BTW, I'm not talking about folk who make obvious funny statements like we're getting Messi on loan to save him going to prison :wink:).

Eternal Hibbie
30-06-2013, 02:25 PM

Surprised to hear PF say he'll take his time bringing in any new players (strikers), and that he won't be panicked into signing them in time for the European ties.

There's a whole lot of non-domestic cash to be made from playing additional ties in Europe with appearance fees and very good home crowds.

Signing player(s) who can put the ball in the net might just prove to be self financing, there are no guarantees of course but would certainly enhance our chances.

If we are serious about putting a smile back on supporters faces is it not worth a punt to push the boat out just a little and get them in - not talking jamboesque here, just a little, any additional 15,000 plus crowd(s) pays a lot of bills.

And wouldn't it be be nice to perhaps sign our first choice players ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Spike Mandela
30-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Surprised to hear PF say he'll take his time bringing in any new players (strikers), and that he won't be panicked into signing them in time for the European ties.

There's a whole lot of non-domestic cash to be made from playing additional ties in Europe with appearance fees and very good home crowds.

Signing player(s) who can put the ball in the net might just prove to be self financing, there are no guarantees of course but would certainly enhance our chances.

If we are serious about putting a smile back on supporters faces is it not worth a punt to push the boat out just a little and get them in - not talking jamboesque here, just a little, any additional 15,000 plus crowd(s) pays a lot of bills.

And wouldn't it be be nice to perhaps sign our first choice players ?

I have no doubt that come September 1st we will have a decent enough squad to hopefully make a good challenge in the SPL and cups this year.

I'm not so sure that the squad will be quite as well prepared for the European challenge coming so early.

GreenCastle
30-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Liam Boyce - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Boyce

Decent scoring record - good age and decent size and looks a little like Leigh Griffiths- http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/kilmarnock/282025-no-kilmarnock-deal-for-liam-boyce/ :greengrin

Eternal Hibbie
30-06-2013, 04:09 PM
I have no doubt that come September 1st we will have a decent enough squad to hopefully make a good challenge in the SPL and cups this year.

I'm not so sure that the squad will be quite as well prepared for the European challenge coming so early.

Yes, looks as though that may well prove to be the case though still time yet.

Thing is we have known from when Celtic wrapped up the league that we would be playing in early European competition regardless.

PF saying we are in dialogue with various players, given our perceived wage structure we can't be thousands of pounds adrift from where they want to be.

We wouldn't be pushing the boat out only for the European ties, we would have them all season - wouldn't we ?

YehButNoBut
30-06-2013, 04:21 PM
:hmmm:

DailyPremNews ‏@DailyPremNews 29 Jun (https://twitter.com/DailyPremNews/status/350905599694872576) YOUR RUMOURS: I understand Hibernian FC are close to completing deal for Port Vale striker Tom Pope.

Spike Mandela
30-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Yes, looks as though that may well prove to be the case though still time yet.

Thing is we have known from when Celtic wrapped up the league that we would be playing in early European competition regardless.

PF saying we are in dialogue with various players, given our perceived wage structure we can't be thousands of pounds adrift from where they want to be.

We wouldn't be pushing the boat out only for the European ties, we would have them all season - wouldn't we ?

Until near the end of the window the players hold all the Aces and it's in their interest to hold off and see what offers materialise.

bingo70
30-06-2013, 04:25 PM

DailyPremNews ‏@DailyPremNews 29 Jun (https://twitter.com/DailyPremNews/status/350905599694872576) YOUR RUMOURS: I understand Hibernian FC are close to completing deal for Port Vale striker Tom Pope.

I wish this rumour would go away, he recently signed a new deal with Port Vale and would command a decent sized fee.

Dunderhall
30-06-2013, 04:25 PM

All part of the player recruitment game IMO.
You don't come out and indicate to clubs and agents that you are in anyway overly keen to recruit.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-06-2013, 04:34 PM

Post on Vale fan site is saying that he is going to sign for Sheffield United. Post on Blades fan site, says the same.

YehButNoBut
30-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Post on Vale fan site is saying that he is going to sign for Sheffield United. Post on Blades fan site, says the same.

Transfer Rumours ‏@FootyRumours__ 5h (https://twitter.com/FootyRumours__/status/351303633205334016) Sheffield United ARE NOT in talks with Port Vale striker Tom Pope. #sufc (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23sufc&src=hash) #pvfc (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23pvfc&src=hash)

There is so much contradictory rubbish out there you don't know what to believe, have seen that Burnley & Sheff Utd are interested, if that is the case (also the fact he would cost us a fee) there is not much chance in him ending up at ER.

However, I suppose it is a rumour.

pontius pilate
30-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Why couldn't we put in a bid for him?

We were offering wolves a fee for sparky so there must be money there to spend surely

Leighonel
30-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Why couldn't we put in a bid for him?

We were offering wolves a fee for sparky so there must be money there to spend surely

I think there is money there to spend on leigh, he has guaranteed sell on potential. Id be surprised if this money was available to Fenlon to spend on anyone.

pontius pilate
30-06-2013, 04:53 PM
But surely a youngish striker who has potential has sell on value. The guy knows where the back of the net is there is no denying that. I'm starting to think that we won't have a decent strike force in in time for either Europe or the start of the season

Hermit Crab
30-06-2013, 06:13 PM

Baws. Just signed a new deal down there.

1875Hibees
30-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Baws. Just signed a new deal down there.
Thats what transfer fees are for.

Hermit Crab
30-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Thats what transfer fees are for.

You mean the ones hibs tend not to pay?

1875Hibees
30-06-2013, 06:31 PM
You mean the ones hibs tend not to pay?
Tend not to pay them often is different from never paying them.

Hermit Crab
30-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Tend not to pay them often is different from never paying them.

I'm willing to bet hibs will not sign Tom Pope. I'd be very surprised if they pulled that one out the hat as it means Petrie actually having to part with money.

Aldo
30-06-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm willing to bet hibs will not sign Tom Pope. I'd be very surprised if they pulled that one out the hat as it means Petrie actually having to part with money.

I thought Burnley were in for him??

Callum_62
30-06-2013, 08:11 PM

Bath of beans, Bath of beans, Bath of beans! :greengrin:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
30-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Andy Webster to do pre season with Killie

brydekirk
30-06-2013, 08:24 PM

Correct

Mr White
30-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Bath of beans, Bath of beans, Bath of beans! :greengrin:greengrin

I'll go one better than a bath of beans and say I'm prepared to be crucified outside the east stand if the pope signs for hibs.

scoopyboy
30-06-2013, 08:29 PM

I don't think we will sign Tom Pope but I believe we will pay a transfer fee in this window.

Speedway
30-06-2013, 08:37 PM
If we don't sign Pope, it will be the first one big-mo has called wrong, ever.

3pm
30-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Where's the cash coming from? Thought we were in a bad way according to the filth?

Just_Jimmy
30-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Where's the cash coming from? Thought we were in a bad way according to the filth?

debt of equity swap. we'll owe it to ourselves. #allisbarry

The_Horde
30-06-2013, 09:27 PM
I don't think we will sign Tom Pope but I believe we will pay a transfer fee in this window.

Jorge?

SteveHFC
30-06-2013, 09:28 PM

Taylor

Bad Habits
30-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Talk of Ryan noble on a free after his release from Sunderland, from a mate who's a Mackem. Says he's a quality striker and was top scorer in the reserve league until he went on loan to the monkey hangers (maybe a yogi influence)

:thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
30-06-2013, 10:37 PM

Griffiths ? :D

Hermit Crab
30-06-2013, 10:38 PM
I thought Burnley were in for him??

I'm sure I read that too

blackpoolhibs
30-06-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't get this we should have all the players in for the European game? We need to be thinking longer term than this, and have a better team over a lot longer term than one or two games.

I want to see us qualifying for europe every season, and the team to grow stronger over and over again.

Then perhaps we might even reach the league stages in time.

Heisenberg
30-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Talk of Ryan noble on a free after his release from Sunderland, from a mate who's a Mackem. Says he's a quality striker and was top scorer in the reserve league until he went on loan to the monkey hangers (maybe a yogi influence)

English. Could have had interest from the championship. Pray4marc might have been bang on the cash! Can't beat pre season, new rumours every day.

Andy74
30-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't get this we should have all the players in for the European game? We need to be thinking longer term than this, and have a better team over a lot longer term than one or two games.

I want to see us qualifying for europe every season, and the team to grow stronger over and over again.

Then perhaps we might even reach the league stages in time.

Agree. Ideally yes we would have the team as complete as we can as early as we can but I would rather we get the right players for the next few years, not the next few weeks.

Dibben
30-06-2013, 10:50 PM

Apparently the Yams were after him on loan in January...

Don't know anything about him. Young and eager to prove himself. May see the SPL as the place to get some goals and make a name for himself.

JHFC
30-06-2013, 11:01 PM
"@SPFLUpdates: Rumour: Hibs to sign right back Andy Wilkinson from stoke, Hibs showing interest in Ipswich striker Ronan Murray #Hibs"

Hermit Crab
30-06-2013, 11:08 PM
"@SPFLUpdates: Rumour: Hibs to sign right back Andy Wilkinson from stoke, Hibs showing interest in Ipswich striker Ronan Murray #Hibs"

@SPFLUpdates: Hearing rumours Motherwell are interested in Derek Riordan, surely not??

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Guy on the bounce seems convinced Ryan Noble will sign a two year deal tomorrow.

Callum_62
01-07-2013, 05:17 AM

A guy with around 100 games in the EPL....yes please....played 24 times last year, so highly doubt it

Club Season League FA Cup League Cup Europe Other[A] Total
Division Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
Stoke City 2001–02[41] Second Division 0 0 0 0 0 0 – 1 0 1 0
2002–03[40] Second Division 0 0 0 0 0 0 – – 0 0
2003–04[42] First Division 3 0 0 0 1 0 – – 4 0
2004–05[43] Championship 1 0 0 0 0 0 – – 1 0
2005–06[44] Championship 6 0 0 0 0 0 – – 6 0
2006–07[45] Championship 4 0 1 0 0 0 – – 5 0
2007–08[46] Championship 23 0 1 0 1 0 – – 25 0
2008–09[47] Premier League 22 0 1 0 3 0 – – 26 0
2009–10[48] Premier League 25 0 2 0 1 0 – – 28 0
2010–11[49] Premier League 22 0 3 0 3 0 – – 28 0
2011–12[50] Premier League 25 0 3 0 0 0 8 0 – 36 0
2012–13[51] Premier League 24 0 2 0 0 0 – – 26 0
Total 155 0 13 0 9 0 8 0 1 0 186 0

bingo70
01-07-2013, 05:21 AM
A guy with around 100 games in the EPL....yes please....played 24 times last year, so highly doubt it

No chance he's signing for us so don't get too excited

Spike Mandela
01-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Agree. Ideally yes we would have the team as complete as we can as early as we can but I would rather we get the right players for the next few years, not the next few weeks.

Don't we say that every year? Therefore, if we got the right players the last few years then the team should be ready for the early European fixture, no?

Purehibee_MYB
01-07-2013, 07:15 AM
The BBC gossip column seems to imply we've had a bid for Lyle Taylor turned down

"Hibs will have to increase their offer to tempt Falkirk to sell striker Lyle Taylor. (Record)"

Dibben
01-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Guy on the bounce seems convinced Ryan Noble will sign a two year deal tomorrow.

Any Hibby's working at the airport today? Could perhaps recognise any new faces flying out...

YehButNoBut
01-07-2013, 07:33 AM

SPL Transfer Rumours (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SPL-Transfer-Rumours/142266835878101?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)

Hibs have been linked with former Sunderland striker Ryan Noble

SPL Transfer Rumours (https://www.facebook.com/pages/SPL-Transfer-Rumours/142266835878101?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)

More on Noble to Hibs, we understand that he is to have a medical at the club tomorrow and will sign a 2 year deal.

Ryan Andrew Noble (11 June 1991) is an English footballer who is currently a free agent. Noble has played as a striker for Sunderland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunderland_A.F.C.), Watford (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watford_F.C.), Derby County (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_County_F.C.) and Hartlepool United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartlepool_United_F.C.).

bingo70
01-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Can someone check the football rumours website, if it was on there first we are after noble then it won't be happening.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-07-2013, 08:13 AM

Hibs have been linked with former Sunderland striker Ryan Noble

More on Noble to Hibs, we understand that he is to have a medical at the club tomorrow and will sign a 2 year deal.

Ryan Andrew Noble (11 June 1991) is an English footballer who is currently a free agent. Noble has played as a striker for Sunderland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunderland_A.F.C.), Watford (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watford_F.C.), Derby County (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_County_F.C.) and Hartlepool United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartlepool_United_F.C.).

Scored 3 senior goals: Experience?

The Sea-gull
01-07-2013, 08:18 AM
The BBC gossip column seems to imply we've had a bid for Lyle Taylor turned down

"Hibs will have to increase their offer to tempt Falkirk to sell striker Lyle Taylor. (Record)"

Interesting one, would be a gamble but in a sense any signing we make from outwith the SPL is. Has great stats from Div 1 last season and has the physical attributes to do well (he's tall and pacy I think) but scoring goals in Div 1 is a different matter to the SPL.

Hope we don't "break the bank" for him (not that we ever break the bank for anyone and imagine Falkirk are not in a position to demand too much for him - our problem would be if we have competition) but sometimes gamblkes are worth taking.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Pat's looking to sign 6 players in this window beyond those signed already.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM

Really? That's a hell of a lot of players.

JDHibs
01-07-2013, 08:49 AM

Source?

Matty_Jack04
01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Scored 3 senior goals: Experience?

Wasnt he on trial with the yams pre meltdown?

Cocaine&Caviar
01-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Williams, Murdoch***

Clancy, Mullen
McPake, Forster
Hanlon, Donaldson
McGivern, Stevenson

Taiwo, ***Claros
OTJ, Robertson, Stanton

Harris, ***New
Craig, Cairney

***New, Caldwell
***New, Handling

Part/Time Supporter
01-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Williams, Murdoch***

Clancy, Mullen
McPake, Forster
Hanlon, Donaldson
McGivern, Stevenson

Taiwo, ***Claros
OTJ, Robertson, Stanton

Harris, ***New
Craig, Cairney

***New, Caldwell
***New, Handling

The Herald says that Murdoch has signed a contract. Maybury, Wotherspoon and Thomson are also training with the squad but are not (yet) contracted.

Steve20
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM

I'm hoping four of those players will be two strikers and getting Claros and Thomson to sign up.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-07-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm hoping four of those players will be two strikers and getting Claros and Thomson to sign up.

Would be happy with that especially if the other two were attacking midfielders/wingers.

Andy74
01-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Not really when we have lost 3 strikers, 3 midfielders not signed up again yet, another 2 already gone or loan ended and Maybury not signed again yet.

Dibben
01-07-2013, 09:20 AM

:agree:

Good shout!!

...WentToMowAnSPL
01-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Williams, Murdoch***

Clancy, Mullen
McPake, Forster
Hanlon, Donaldson
McGivern, Stevenson

Taiwo, ***Claros
OTJ, Robertson, Stanton

Harris, ***New
Craig, Cairney

***New, Caldwell
***New, Handling

Judging by the amount of swearing - you don't have a high opinion of the team ? :confused: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Don't we say that every year? Therefore, if we got the right players the last few years then the team should be ready for the early European fixture, no?

We didn't do that though, did we, no point looking backward? So it makes sense now to do our best to build a stronger team and make it stronger year on year. Stability seems to be returning to the club, but players do leave each and every season, so its not quite as easy as you seem to suggest.

Also more players become available the longer the window is open, why would we restrict ourselves to those who are available before July?

JimBHibees
01-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Any Hibby's working at the airport today? Could perhaps recognise any new faces flying out...

If he is from the Sunderland area, he will drive up.

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2013, 09:44 AM

Barry Lavety only came from 50 miles away, but he flew everywhere.

Dibben
01-07-2013, 09:45 AM

I meant for them flying to Gibraltar...

JimBHibees
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Barry Lavety only came from 50 miles away, but he flew everywhere.

:faf::faf: So true once bumped into him at the club that used to be a picture house in Lothian Road and he could barely speak.

JimBHibees
01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I meant for them flying to Gibraltar...

Right enough, forgot about that. Would be a long drive to Gibraltar to be fair. :greengrin

Dibben
01-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Right enough, forgot about that. Would be a long drive to Gibraltar to be fair. :greengrin

:-)

The Sea-gull
01-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Good pedigree but do we really need a RB? Clancy is signed for another year at least and we have presumably signed Mullen to challenge him.

Unless PF sees Clacny as a centre half and he is looking to sign another RB rather than a centre half.

Personally I would rather go with Clancy and Mullen to cover RB and sign an experienced centre half than go signing another right back.

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Not really when we have lost 3 strikers, 3 midfielders not signed up again yet, another 2 already gone or loan ended and Maybury not signed again yet.

Not against it obviously. That would take us to almost ten players in his window.

Brand new team.

Andy74
01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Not against it obviously. That would take us to almost ten players in his window.

Brand new team.

Though I think 'signings' will include new deals for players who were here last year so probably only another 2 or 3 proper new players to come.

The Leith Dutch
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Good pedigree but do we really need a RB? Clancy is signed for another year at least and we have presumably signed Mullen to challenge him.

Unless PF sees Clacny as a centre half and he is looking to sign another RB rather than a centre half.

Personally I would rather go with Clancy and Mullen to cover RB and sign an experienced centre half than go signing another right back.

Would be a major shock if we signed Wilkinson.

He's a proper EPL class player who would comfortably hold down at least a bench place in about half the teams in the Premiership.

Would kind of melt my brain if we signed a player of that pedigree but at RB :)

TheFamous1875
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM

He's a proper EPL class player who would comfortably hold down at least a bench place in about half the teams in the Premiership.

Can anyone make a connection as to why he would potentially like to come up here? Is he at the end of his contract/got family up here? I'm pretty sure he's their first choice RB as well, is he not?

The Sea-gull
01-07-2013, 10:50 AM

Brand new team.

We still have gaps to fill as things stand:-

GKs - Williams, Grant, Murdoch (if he goes then we need another)

RBs - Mullen, Clancy

LBs - McGivern, Stevenson

CBs - McPake, Hanlon, Forster, NEW SIGNING

M - Taiwo, Cairney, Harris, Craig, Robertson, Jones, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

F - Handling, Caldwell, NEW SIGNING, NEW SIGNING

I would expect us to make at least 5 signings before the season starts. More if anyone listed above leaves. It may be that the midfield berths are taken up by the re-signing of Claros and/or Thomson and the promotion of the likes of Stanton to an increased role.

He may also feel that he has enough CB cover in that Clancy and McGivern can play there and instead of signing another CB he might bring back Maybury, promote a youth or sign another full back. Personally I think we need another out and out experienced centre half to push Hanlon and McPake. Esp with McPake and Clancy's injury records.

It is the two striker slots which are key for me. These have to be new signings and at least one of them has to be ready to start week in week out.

Personally, I wouldn't bother offering a new contract to Wotherspoon as it is best for him and the club that he moves on and as said before wouldn't bother with Maybury either as the budget could be better spent on other areas of the team. We also could do with getting Martin Scott off the books.

JimBHibees
01-07-2013, 10:52 AM

Yep makes no sense at all, he could if he has fallen out of favour with Stoke easily get a top Championship team willing to take him on.

J-C
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM

RBs - Mullen, Clancy

I would expect us to make at least 5 signings before the season starts. More if anyone listed above leaves. It may be that the midfield berths are taken up by the re-signing of Claros and/or Thomson and the promotion of the likes of Stanton to an increased role.

He may also feel that he has enough CB cover in that Clancy and McGivern can play there and instead of signing another CB he might bring back Maybury, promote a youth or sign another full back. Personally I think we need another out and out experienced centre half to push Hanlon and McPake. Esp with McPake and Clancy's injury records.

It is the two striker slots which are key for me. These have to be new signings and at least one of them has to be ready to start week in week out.

Personally, I wouldn't bother offering a new contract to Wotherspoon as it is best for him and the club that he moves on and as said before wouldn't bother with Maybury either as the budget could be better spent on other areas of the team. We also could do with getting Martin Scott off the books.

We have Clancy and McGivern who can easily play at CH, so no need for another in my opinion, rather the money was spent getting a decent striker in.

JDHibs
01-07-2013, 10:55 AM

RBs - Mullen, Clancy

You forgot young Donaldson at RB, Clancy to be used a CB back up.

Aldo
01-07-2013, 11:02 AM
If its a further 6 I would expect it to be either
KT or Jorge not both considering we've
Signed OTJ and Craig.

Another CH - McManus
At least 2 strikers (would prefer 3 tbh)

Who knows (PF and RP do).

As for the AW story... For me a complete non
Starter.

Heisenberg
01-07-2013, 11:16 AM
There's absolutley no chance we'll be signing or even trying to sign that Wilkinson guy. Made up by a fake twitter agent/rumour page run by a 12 year old most likely.

The Sea-gull
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
We have Clancy and McGivern who can easily play at CH, so no need for another in my opinion, rather the money was spent getting a decent striker in.

I do see where you are coming from but if these two are predominently used as full backs I think it sends the wrong message to McPake and Hanlon in that unless they are injured they will likely get a game. Think they would benefit from a bit of pressure on them from another centre half - McManus would be ideal as his sort of quality and experience could make them both better players. Lets face it, McPake has struggled for fitness and until he can prove he is going to be fit week in week out, we could do with someone else.

Our defence was ok last season but we still lost a lot of stupid goals caused by a lack of marking and organisation at cross balls and set pieces. Hanlon and McPake have done nothing to suggest they are good at marshalling and organising a defence. Hanlon is a decent player but will never be a leader IMHO, not for a while yet anyway. McPake leads and is whole hearted but lacks a bit a s a footballer and an organiser. Keeping goals out is almost as crucila in a tight league such as the SPL than scoring them.

I know Clancy has played CB in the past but when Pat signed him he said he saw him as a RB. The fact that he never used him at CB the whole of last season and he gave him the no 2 shirt further suggests this.

I agree, strikers are more of a priority than centre halves but it should not be beyond our budget to sign another CB plus two forwards. Especially as three forwards have left.

Dibben
01-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I do see where you are coming from but if these two are predominently used as full backs I think it sends the wrong message to McPake and Hanlon in that unless they are injured they will likely get a game. Think they would benefit from a bit of pressure on them from another centre half - McManus would be ideal as his sort of quality and experience could make them both better players. Lets face it, McPake has struggled for fitness and until he can prove he is going to be fit week in week out, we could do with someone else.

Our defence was ok last season but we still lost a lot of stupid goals caused by a lack of marking and organisation at cross balls and set pieces. Hanlon and McPake have done nothing to suggest they are good at marshalling and organising a defence. Hanlon is a decent player but will never be a leader IMHO, not for a while yet anyway. McPake leads and is whole hearted but lacks a bit a s a footballer and an organiser. Keeping goals out is almost as crucila in a tight league such as the SPL than scoring them.

I know Clancy has played CB in the past but when Pat signed him he said he saw him as a RB. The fact that he never used him at CB the whole of last season and he gave him the no 2 shirt further suggests this.

I agree, strikers are more of a priority than centre halves but it should not be beyond our budget to sign another CB plus two forwards. Especially as three forwards have left.

:agree:

On paper, our defence looked alright last year. Although we all know the game isn't played on paper and we lost some really silly goals last year.

I'd be much happier with another strong CB on the books...

Teapot
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Wilkinson is an established premier league right back, probably on 15-20k a week. 10k absolute minimum. He would have to drop to about 1-3k a week to come to Hibs. No danger.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Could really do with a signing been announced in the next day or two.

stokesmessiah
01-07-2013, 11:46 AM

More importantly have you booked deadline day off?

EDIT: It falls on a Saturday this year, how does that work?

Speedway
01-07-2013, 11:47 AM

Not in the context of who has left.

bingo70
01-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Yup, even if its just to satisfy my impatience.

I admit it, I'm bored of pre season so want a signing, fed up.refreshing Twitter every five minutes, googling names of players some teenager has made up rumours about and scouring other teams message boards just in case hibs name pops up.

Cmon hibs sign someone, anyone, preferably with an exotic name though

cloudy
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Sure it's extended this year to the Monday night

Speedway
01-07-2013, 11:57 AM

I admit it, I'm bored of pre season so want a signing, fed up.refreshing Twitter every five minutes, googling names of players some teenager has made up rumours about and scouring other teams message boards just in case hibs name pops up.

Pedro Santos?

bingo70
01-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Pedro Santos?

Now yer talkin'

Andy74
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM

It's less than 48 hours since the last announcement! Are you looking more for the rate of one a day? :greengrin

NOLA
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
:faf::faf: So true once bumped into him at the club that used to be a picture house in Lothian Road and he could barely speak.

Century 2000 ;)

vercol36
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Most likely pish, but a couple of folk on Twitter suggesting we are interested in a Silkeborg forward named Pourie. Any Danish footy fans on .net able to fill us in?

stokesmessiah
01-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Most likely pish, but a couple of folk on Twitter suggesting we are interested in a Silkeborg forward named Pourie. Any Danish footy fans on .net able to fill us in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Pourie

Part/Time Supporter
01-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Signed a three year contract with Silkeborg in 2011 = fee payable. File under unlikely.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
It's less than 48 hours since the last announcement! Are you looking more for the rate of one a day? :greengrin

Minimum I would've thought.

It's lost in translation. It's actually a silky, forward, Petrie, which is how Nicole Scherzinger described him in the VIP tent at Silverstone yesterday.

....or it could be this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Pourie

vercol36
01-07-2013, 12:20 PM

:faf: Previous teams include Liverpool, Schalke and Borussia Dortmund. Ach well...

LioNeilMessi
01-07-2013, 12:23 PM

Sounds good, although I think it needs a German 'u' to sound exciting.

Poόrie no.10 for Hibs :thumbsup:

Apologies for that to any German speakers on here :greengrin

Andy74
01-07-2013, 12:24 PM
:faf: Previous teams include Liverpool, Schalke and Borussia Dortmund. Ach well...

Where does this stuff start? Do kids really just sit in rooms plucking players names out one hat, a club from another and then post the combination on line?

DC_Hibs
01-07-2013, 12:27 PM

I'd heard this as a signing possibility a few weeks ago.......unfortunately it was on an Eintracht Frankfurt forum.

A highly rated young Adolf banging them in for a top flight Danish club might be a bit out of our reach.

Next.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
I'd heard this as a signing possibility a few weeks ago.......unfortunately it was on an Eintracht Frankfurt forum.

A highly rated young Adolf banging them in for a top flight Danish club might be a bit out of our reach.

Next.

Signing a player called Adolf would be interesting.

bingo70
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Where does this stuff start? Do kids really just sit in rooms plucking players names out one hat, a club from another and then post the combination on line?

I think they sign them on football manager

Pedantic_Hibee
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM

I will ensure I am stationed at Hibs.net headquarters for the occasion.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
I will ensure I am stationed at Hibs.net headquarters for the occasion.

Would you like us to contribute information to you as we get it, even if it's towards the close of the window?

Pretty Boy
01-07-2013, 12:49 PM

That's this thread gone to pot.

Fergus52
01-07-2013, 12:54 PM

He's 22. He was at dortumund when he was 11 and Liverpool when he was 15.

That's the same as saying players like Michael Stewart and and John Rankin are too good for us just because they were once at prestigious youth set ups.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
So we're still in with a shout of:

Mark McManus
Ross Noble
Craig Thomson
Jorge Cadete
Terry Griffiths

I'd be happy with that.

vercol36
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
He's 22. He was at dortumund when he was 11 and Liverpool when he was 15.

That's the same as saying players like Michael Stewart and and John Rankin are too good for us just because they were once at prestigious youth set ups.

Yeah, but they both played for Man Utd. Sometimes it seems as if every man and their dog has played for Man Utd youth teams. This guy played for two good youth teams, and then got signed by one of the richest sides in the world. It just doesn't seem likely.

The only thing that could possibly make me wonder if the rumour is real is that Silkeborg have just been relegated. Even if our 'interest' is real, I doubt we would be able to pay a transfer fee.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Would you like us to contribute information to you as we get it, even if it's towards the close of the window?

Most welcomed, Speedway Newsworthy.

Heisenberg
01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
@FIFAAgent2013: Apologies, I have mixed up two football teams. #Hibs from Edinburgh not interested in #Pouri, it is #Hibs from Malta! #PaolaHibs

Seems legit.

YehButNoBut
01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
Beginning to sound like Lyle Taylor move might happen, not seen enough of him to know if he would succeed in the SPL.

SPFL First Division ‏@SFL_DivisionOne Hibs have had a 100k bid for Lyle Taylor rejected!

SPFLNews ‏@NewsSPFL Looks like Hibernian are preparing another bid for Lyle Taylor of Falkirk.
This transfer will move quickly, prepare yourselves Bairns

SPFLNews ‏@NewsSPFL
@RossWayne (https://twitter.com/RossWayne) Time will tell, Hibs want this deal wrapped up sharpish because of that interest from south of the border.

bingo70
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM

That doesn't count cos we all knew he was signing, he's only a right back and he's got a boring name.

I want hibs to hit us with foreign fast strikers or wingers with good names out of the blue but I'd also like to hear about them signing on the pm board from someone in the know in advance of him signing.

Either one a day or one ****ing mental day when we go completely raj and announce loads of deals at once. I don't think that's unreasonable.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Beginning to sound like Lyle Taylor move might happen, not seen enough of him to know if he would succeed in the SPL.

SPFL First Division ‏@SFL_DivisionOne Hibs have had a 100k bid for Lyle Taylor rejected!

SPFLNews ‏@NewsSPFL Looks like Hibernian are preparing another bid for Lyle Taylor of Falkirk.

SPFLNews ‏@NewsSPFL
@RossWayne (https://twitter.com/RossWayne) Time will tell, Hibs want this deal wrapped up sharpish because of that interest from south of the border.

Possibly Noble and Taylor as out new strikers then?

Vault Boy
01-07-2013, 01:31 PM

SPFLNews ‏@NewsSPFL

Neither have I, but one positive could be his physique, you can't see him being bullied out of a game too often which may help him settle in if it happens.

Heisenberg
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
@lyletaylor29: “@ryzo97: @lyletaylor29 can you confirm if hibs have had a bid rejected for you?” Apparently... I've just seen it in the paper

Surely he'd know...or he's just keeping quiet about it.

Vault Boy
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
@ryzo97 (https://twitter.com/ryzo97): @lyletaylor29 (https://twitter.com/lyletaylor29) can you confirm if hibs have had a bid rejected for you?” Apparently... I've just seen it in the paper

Doesn't seem like Lyle knows anything about it. :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
@ryzo97 (https://twitter.com/ryzo97): @lyletaylor29 (https://twitter.com/lyletaylor29) can you confirm if hibs have had a bid rejected for you?” Apparently... I've just seen it in the paper

He tweeted yesterday to say he'd just had an interesting phone call. Wonder if its linked

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
SPL Transfer Rumours

Hibs have been linked with former Sunderland striker Ryan Noble.

SPL Transfer Rumours

Ryan Andrew Noble*(11 June 1991) is an English footballer who is currently a free agent. Noble has played as a striker for*Sunderland,*Watford,Derby County*and*Hartlepool United.

Sorry if already been posted!

Vault Boy
01-07-2013, 01:39 PM
He tweeted yesterday to say he'd just had an interesting phone call. Wonder if its linked

Somebody asked if it was Pat and he said no :greengrin

YehButNoBut
01-07-2013, 01:39 PM

He'll probably be the last to know. :greengrin

Andy74
01-07-2013, 01:44 PM
He'll probably be the last to know. :greengrin

Rod's first offer was £100k. His second attempt was £75k.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Most welcomed, Speedway Newsworthy.

So just to confirm, if we get something juicy just before the climax, you'd welcome it.

Pedantic_Hibee
01-07-2013, 01:55 PM
So just to confirm, if we get something juicy just before the climax, you'd welcome it.

Absolutely, we need to try and usurp last January's Transfer Deadline Day thread.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
That doesn't count cos we all knew he was signing, he's only a right back and he's got a boring name.

I want hibs to hit us with foreign fast strikers or wingers with good names out of the blue but I'd also like to hear about them signing on the pm board from someone in the know in advance of him signing.

Either one a day or one ****ing mental day when we go completely raj and announce loads of deals at once. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Stick a rumour on .net
I'll confirm it with the fish man I just met
Cause if you want the best 'uns
And you don't ask questions
Then brother I'm your man

Where there all come from
Is a mystery
It's like the changing of the seasons
And the tides of the sea
But here's the one that's from a trusted source
The deal to get Sparky back is still on the table and still on course

We've signed some left backs, right backs
Some are mint and some are cack
Free-Ts in Nikies and Paddy Fenlon loanees
Bounce games, forgeign names, look the sames
And at a stretch
Some Chris Killen rumours
From a letch who once met Fletch, Fletch, Fletch, Fletch, Fletch, Fletch, Fletch, Fletch.

No problems with income tax, nor VAT
No financial black hole just rock solid balance sheets
Black or white, rich or broke
We'll cut contract offers at a stroke

Etc

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Absolutely, we need to try and usurp last January's Transfer Deadline Day thread.

Ok, I'll spread the word, if people have got something big, PH want's it slipped into him swiftly.

GordonHFC
01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Ok, I'll spread the word, if people have got something big, PH want's it slipped into him swiftly.

Stop it

Big Sexy Dave
01-07-2013, 02:23 PM
My take on the 6 is KT, Claros, Killen / Lyle Taylor/ Mcmanus or O'Leary and a winger.

YehButNoBut
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
SPFL Updates ‏@SPFLUpdates #Celtic (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Celtic&src=hash) have released Paddy McCourt from his contract and he is now a free agent.

Scott McClymont ‏@mcclymontscott
Andy Webster and Kris Boyd present as Allan Johnston holds his first full training session as Kilmarnock manager

Andy Webster and Kris Boyd train with Kilmarnock on Johnston's first day http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/kilmarnock/231507-andy-webster-and-kris-boyd-train-with-kilmarnock-on-johnstons-first-day/

Couple of snippets, food for thought.

Andy74
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
My take on the 6 is KT, Claros, Killen / Lyle Taylor/ Mcmanus or O'Leary and a winger.

Can't see us signing a winger with Harris, Craig and Cairney around. Wotherspoon seems to have been offered something and Stanton and Horribine coming through.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
"@lyletaylor29: “@ryzo97: @lyletaylor29 can you confirm if hibs have had a bid rejected for you?” Apparently... I've just seen it in the paper"

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:28 PM

I would assume but don't know that it will be two of each flavour, defs, mids and attackers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 02:28 PM

Ryan Noble seemingly had a medical today (striker)

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Ryan Noble seemingly had a medical today (striker)

Let's say we got him and Taylor in this week. That would be six players in the door in time for pre-season camp.

When's the last time that happened?

Part/Time Supporter
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
SPFL Updates ‏@SPFLUpdates #Celtic (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Celtic&src=hash) have released Paddy McCourt from his contract and he is now a free agent.

Scott McClymont ‏@mcclymontscott
Andy Webster and Kris Boyd present as Allan Johnston holds his first full training session as Kilmarnock manager

Andy Webster and Kris Boyd train with Kilmarnock on Johnston's first day http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/kilmarnock/231507-andy-webster-and-kris-boyd-train-with-kilmarnock-on-johnstons-first-day/

Couple of snippets, food for thought.

I'm slightly surprised the Yams didn't offer Webster a deal on reduced terms, rather than signing Wilson. Their young team/squad could have done with his experience. Although that may have been practically impossible, depending on when his old contract with them expired. i.e. if he was already a free agent and his registration had lapsed they could not have signed him again.

YehButNoBut
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm slightly surprised the Yams didn't offer Webster a deal on reduced terms, rather than signing Wilson. Their young team/squad could have done with his experience. Although that may have been practically impossible, depending on when his old contract with them expired. i.e. if he was already a free agent and his registration had lapsed they could not have signed him again.

Unlikely to happen I know but think Webster could do a job for us, his experience would benefit the young lads in defence.

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM

Defenders: Toshney/McManus/O'Leary

Midfielders: Harper/McCourt/Pugh/Thomson/Claros

Attackers: Noble/Taylor/Killen/Griffiths/Boyce

I would imagine, Pat's pipeline will be a lot bigger than we give it credit for.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Let's say we got him and Taylor in this week. That would be six players in the door in time for pre-season camp.

When's the last time that happened?

Couldnt tell you mate. If he passes/passed the medical i take it he will fly out to the camp and meet up with the team etc?

frazeHFC
01-07-2013, 02:39 PM
What Harper is that referring too?

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:40 PM
What Harper is that referring too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Harper_(footballer)

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Ryan Noble in action: http://t.co/DIshpEGdLE

frazeHFC
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Cheers. I remember seeing him a fair bit for Reading. Would bring valuable experience to help Harris and the other youngsters around him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 02:45 PM
If PF is after another 6 players i would like to see 2 strikers (noble and taylor) 2 midfielders (claros/thomson and a winger) 2 defenders (toshney/o'leary and mcmanus)

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
For those doubting if Lyle can step up to the top level SPFL...Griffiths done alright when he did. I'm not comparing the two as they are different players, just stating that the step up can be successful.

I'm sure there are examples when the step up didn't work but I'm a glass full kinda guy!

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Taylor is certainly an opportunist striker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImLRkHWtt-Q

Speedway
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
And a couple here in the first two minutes of footage against Jumbo Jambo Jimbo's current mob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUsu7hsFvRU

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
And a couple here in the first two minutes of footage against Jumbo Jambo Jimbo's current mob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUsu7hsFvRU

Can see he has definitely got a bit of pace and can also finish well. Him and Noble (if we sign them) will cause havoc i reckon!

frazeHFC
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Liking what i've read of Noble. Still young, prolific at youth and reserve level and was tipped for a big future at Sunderland which is way above our level. Turned down loan offers from 3 SPL clubs earlier this year.

the stig
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Didn't Fenlon dismiss the killen rumour after the Dumbarton game? I'm sure I seen a video from after the game. Just that I keep seeing his name mentioned.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Liking what i've read of Noble. Still young, prolific at youth and reserve level and was tipped for a big future at Sunderland which is way above our level. Turned down loan offers from 3 SPL clubs earlier this year.

Have a look at Speedways short video, can defo finish!

Bob Box Fish
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Some interesting players being banded around hopefully we will have a few in before we play malmo. I would be surprised if we pay any transfer fees although sparky being the exception as he's proven / sell on potential.

I still think we have the nucleus of a decent team and could do pretty well if we get the right offensive players in.

SMAXXA
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Can see he has definitely got a bit of pace and can also finish well. Him and Noble (if we sign them) will cause havoc i reckon!

Lol had to laugh at this comment, last week I seen a similar post someone saying Killen and Higdon will cause havoc :greengrin, to be fair they probably would but I will reserve judgment when there is actually something concrete on our signings. I think Taylor looks likely or more so than other that have been mentioned.

Hibs7
01-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I think Lyle Taylor would get a few bums on seats ..... Go for it Rod :-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Lol had to laugh at this comment, last week I seen a similar post someone saying Killen and Higdon will cause havoc :greengrin, to be fair they probably would but I will reserve judgment when there is actually something concrete on our signings. I think Taylor looks likely or more so than other that have been mentioned.

Do you know anything about Nobles medical, did it go ahead?

Speedway
01-07-2013, 03:27 PM

Dunno but there's a song by Starship (once Jefferson Airplane) called 'It's not over ('til it's over)

wonder if that's what Rod and Leigh are listening to at the moment....

bingo70
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Lyle Taylor and the boy from Sunderland are both likely to be raw talents, if we do go for them we'll need to be a lot more patient than we were with Clayton Donaldson for example. I think Danny handling is miles away from being a first team regular, Caldwell 'might' make an impact this year but so if we do get Taylor and noble I'd still like us to go for a tried and tested experienced striker as well so we'd have 4 forwards competing for two places, Mr experince, Taylor, noble and, Caldwell, I'd put handling out on loan to a first division club

stokesmessiah
01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Dunno but there's a song by Starship (once Jefferson Airplane) called 'It's not over ('til it's over)

Why are you alluding to this?

Hibs7

Oh you little tease you :-)

BarneyK
Lyle Taylor and the boy from Sunderland are both likely to be raw talents, if we do go for them we'll need to be a lot more patient than we were with Clayton Donaldson for example. I think Danny handling is miles away from being a first team regular, Caldwell 'might' make an impact this year but so if we do get Taylor and noble I'd still like us to go for a tried and tested experienced striker as well so we'd have 4 forwards competing for two places, Mr experince, Taylor, noble and, Caldwell, I'd put handling out on loan to a first division club

Not a chance of that happening IMO. Handling and Caldwell will both be fighting for spots at ER this year.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2013, 03:32 PM

Are you saying that they're going to pull a White Rabbit out of the hat?

Vault Boy
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM

:pray:

bingo70
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Not a chance of that happening IMO. Handling and Caldwell will both be fighting for spots at ER this year.

Handling better start looking more of a threat when he gets a chance then, lots of nice touches and 'safe' passes, normally back the way but I certainly never feel like he's going to score or even get an assist.

I think if we start the season with him as one of our four and he doesn't start to offer more of a threat an experienced striker will be on pats transfer wish list towards the end of the window.

TheFamous1875
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm hoping Handling's reluctance to make a move upfront is only down to lack of experience and the lack of confidence that can come with that. He has good touches and seems to read the game well, and as far as I'm aware he is a proven goal scorer at youth level. Once he gets into the deep end and learns to swim with confidence, I think he could really make steps toward becoming a great wee player. Everyone should always give the youth their full support and help build their confidence. We need the culture at ER to be more positive, and less demanding.

SaulGoodman
01-07-2013, 03:58 PM

That would confirm something I heard yesterday.

TheFamous1875
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM

What did you read yesterday? Can we read it too?

SaulGoodman
01-07-2013, 04:09 PM
What did you read yesterday? Can we read it too?

Don't get excited it's not a secret :greengrin

Just Rod saying the deals not dead yet

stokesmessiah
01-07-2013, 04:11 PM

That it was Starship that sung that song? :greengrin

SaulGoodman
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
That it was Starship that sung that song? :greengrin

Bang on! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM

Nothings gonna stop us now!

ancienthibby
01-07-2013, 05:22 PM

Grace Slick rules:thumbsup:

SMAXXA
01-07-2013, 05:29 PM

I am not aware that any medical was taking please to be honest mate.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM

... don't you want somebody to love.?

SaulGoodman
01-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Shout out to Leish.. Ahem, SirRod on twitter :wink:

Leishy1995
01-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Shout out to Leish.. Ahem, SirRod on twitter :wink:

You what? ;)

SaulGoodman
01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
You what? ;)

:wink:

Up The Bracket
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
People really need to stop listening to these "in the know" accounts, the only one I'd pay any attention to is Agent Scotland as he seems to have some sources.

Edinburgh Green
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
People really need to stop listening to these "in the know" accounts, the only one I'd pay any attention to is Agent Scotland as he seems to have some sources.

Agent Scotland knows sweet F.A

hibee92
01-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Probably the worst of the lot. Quite clearly a wee clueless bairn.

DH1875
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM

:faf::faf::faf: aye, right :confused:

Leishy1995
01-07-2013, 11:16 PM
:wink:

Love a tweet

hfc rd
01-07-2013, 11:26 PM

You for real about Agent Scotland? What sources does he have? Half the stuff he just makes up? Don't think any of his transfer rumours have actually happened?

Fergus52
02-07-2013, 05:39 AM

is there a facepalm smilie?

I couldn't find one on the list.

Hibby70
02-07-2013, 06:14 AM
I don't think WestStandLoyal was being serious. Was he?

Heisenberg
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/rumour-mill-rangers-celtic-hearts-dundee-hibs-1-2985594?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

McManus looks like he prefers Motherwell for family reasons. Pat Fenlon = Jose Mourinho

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-07-2013, 08:23 AM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/rumour-mill-rangers-celtic-hearts-dundee-hibs-1-2985594?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

McManus looks like he prefers Motherwell for family reasons. Pat Fenlon = Jose Mourinho

Just noticed that. If in this window we signed McManus, Taylor, another striker and re-signed either KT or Jorge I'd be delighted.

Frustrating that its not happening.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Even though Fenlon and the squad are away to gibralter for per season can deals still be done without the manager being there?

GreenOnions
02-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Just noticed that. If in this window we signed McManus, Taylor, another striker and re-signed either KT or Jorge I'd be delighted.

I agree - although if Pat can secure an alternative to McManus then great. I'd also add a wide player with a bit of pace to make that list complete. I don't want us to be relying solely on young Harris.

If we're losing eight wages: Maybury, Kujabi, Deegan, Wotherspoon, Claros, Kuqi, Doyle & Griffiths (Thomson not being paid)

hopefully we can bring in eight:

Mullen, Craig, Tudur-Jones, Centre-Half, Central Midfielder (Thomson or Claros), Wide player plus two strikers.

JDHibs
02-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Even though Fenlon and the squad are away to gibralter for per season can deals still be done without the manager being there?

Yes, him and the tache would have discussed potential signing a while ago, he isnt needed now as far as im aware!

Andy74
02-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Griffiths returned last year mid way through the European training camp. Would expect things still to be worked on and any new players flying out to join up.

Pray4Marc
02-07-2013, 09:10 AM

Yes, plenty work going on behind closed doors.

SlickShoes
02-07-2013, 09:20 AM

My sources tell me the guys behind the scenes are working really hard this week.

sambajustice
02-07-2013, 09:26 AM

My sources are telling me the club have got some new balls, loads of work went into making this happening.

Behind the scenes, people are working hard!

Hibtastic
02-07-2013, 09:28 AM

I would imagine PF and RP will be constantly on the phone to each other. Obviously Pat will be paying for the phone bill!

SteveHFC
02-07-2013, 09:29 AM
My sources tell me Daffy Duck will be the new
Club mascot.

Everyone will be able to buy a Daffy Duck costume and purple hat in the club shop very soon

Pray4Marc
02-07-2013, 09:53 AM
My sources tell me the guys behind the scenes are working really hard this week.

This.. Plenty representatives been at the club this week. One that I find strange is the McManus scenario. His have been at the club, but he is preferring a move to Motherwell. I no he wants to be closer to his family. But we are a bigger club, bigger wages and have superior facilities. Lack of ambition?.

Dibben
02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
My sources tell me Daffy Duck will be the new
Club mascot.

Everyone will be able to buy a Daffy Duck costume and purple hat in the club shop very soon

Ironic us having Daddy Duck costumes at ER - especially considering the Mickey Mouse outfit across the city...

Pedantic_Hibee
02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
My sources tell me I've been places and seen things. Strugglin' Strugglin' Strugglin'......

Dibben
02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
This.. Plenty representatives been at the club this week. One that I find strange is the McManus scenario. His have been at the club, but he is preferring a move to Motherwell. I no he wants to be closer to his family. But we are a bigger club, bigger wages and have superior facilities. Lack of ambition?.

To be fair, central Scotland is a vast expanse therefor Motherwell would save him hours of commuting to his family...

If only our club paid enough for these guys to get cars!!

Although to be fair, Motherwell finished 2nd last year and we have underachieved for a while now!

Pray4Marc
02-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Motherwell will struggle for top6 this season. He would be one of the top earners at Hibs. But he's no doubt made enough £ in the championship. Thank god the Killen rumours have stopped!

HibeeLR
02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Thomson returns to Hibs for pre-season
Published on 1 July 2013

Pat Fenlon, the Hibernian manager, has not ruled out signing Kevin Thomson on a new contract after the midfielder reported for pre-season with the Edinburgh club.

The Scotland internationalist played for Hibs in the latter part of last season after agreeing a modest deal and had been expected to pursue a return to English football this summer.

A contract extension was yesterday agreed with goalkeeper Sean Murdoch, while Fraser Mullen has also finalised his move to Leith following his release by Hearts. Talks are ongoing with both David Wotherspoon and Alan Maybury.