PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Waxy
21-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Peter crouches shin is 5,9

Billychaotic182
21-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Wasn't John Collins raving about this lad last year

JimBHibees
21-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Wasn't John Collins raving about this lad last year

Yes he said he was the best young Scottish talent he had ever seen however in saying that he was at Livingston at that time.

Ozyhibby
21-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe hibs need to review this....

If they are trying to get him back then it appears they are.

Unseen work
21-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Surely fenlon will bring a winger in before the weekend?? For the sake of his job! We need some creativity!

YehButNoBut
21-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Ian Murray has signed Colin Nish, he'll also coach their U19's, good luck to him.

Scottish Sun Sport ‏@scotsunsport Dumbarton have signed former Hibs and Kilmarnock striker Colin Nish. He will also coach the club's under-19 team.

bingo70
21-08-2013, 01:24 PM
See in the evening news today they're saying we've signed a young keeper.

Finally a bit excitement!

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2013, 01:30 PM
See in the evening news today they're saying we've signed a young keeper.

Finally a bit excitement!

For what position?

bingo70
21-08-2013, 01:31 PM
For what position?

Defensive midfield.

Aldo
21-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Defensive midfield.

Surely RB?? Thot Taiwo was back up keeper? Has the height and that!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Ian Murray has signed Colin Nish, he'll also coach their U19's, good luck to him.

Scottish Sun Sport ‏@scotsunsport Dumbarton have signed former Hibs and Kilmarnock striker Colin Nish. He will also coach the club's under-19 team.

Decent signing for Murray. Will score a few in that league. Good luck to him and Dumbarton.

Heisenberg
21-08-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/scougall-wanted-by-two-english-clubs.21928452?_=874662c69f110a90da1066f0235e8643c 245726b

JimBHibees
21-08-2013, 02:08 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/scougall-wanted-by-two-english-clubs.21928452?_=874662c69f110a90da1066f0235e8643c 245726b

That will be that then.

The_Horde
21-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Cracking wee player scougall. If hibs sign him ill be very impressed. Won't happen though!

HibeeBigFly
21-08-2013, 10:34 PM
It really is poor that we and many other teams in the spl aren't snapping up obvious talents from the division below. Falkirk have at least 3 youngsters who would be amazing signings and Scougall and Griffiths will/have been missed out on. We are been beaten to quality players on or doorstep by third rate English teams. We might just get the next Lee Power or Paul Tosh :-)!

Unseen work
21-08-2013, 10:42 PM
This lack of rumours is getting too frustrating. We need 3 new players IMO ASAP

Purehibee_MYB
21-08-2013, 10:47 PM
This lack of rumours is getting too frustrating. We need 3 new players IMO ASAP

Thierri Gatheussi to return to us. There's a rumour for you.. :cb

ColintonHibs
21-08-2013, 11:05 PM
This is getting ridiculous how can clubs with less money than us get better players? It baffles me. Peterborough? Wolves? That scougall looks a player and if we dont get him or someone similar in ability then this club is a disgrace. I cant believe I read this and get my hopes up for nothing. We will end up with another danny galbraith, alan obrien or matt done

HibeeDaz6270
22-08-2013, 12:35 AM
This is getting ridiculous how can clubs with less money than us get better players? It baffles me. Peterborough? Wolves? That scougall looks a player and if we dont get him or someone similar in ability then this club is a disgrace. I cant believe I read this and get my hopes up for nothing. We will end up with another danny galbraith, alan obrien or matt done

Wolves and Peterborough both have a far bigger budget than Hibs. If scougall leaves Livingston it will be for a few hundred thousand. A fee that Hibs will almost definately not pay , not to mention the attraction of higher wages down south. Hibs lack Ambition. If the board are 100percent backing fenlon then i hope they back him to bring in natural wide players. Players who can take on a man. As we have no player available capable of doing this. Any defender will tell you the hardest thing to deal with as a defender is someone running at you with pace with the ball. A defences dream is for a team to keep the ball infront of them. A player like Scougall would be a fantastic signing. We need to get someone in , I wish we had signed Garry Mckay Steven before he signed for Dundee Utd. He would have been an excellent signing and again is exactly the type of player we need.

Northernhibee
22-08-2013, 06:12 AM

Colin Nish is a fitba genius!

gorgie greens
22-08-2013, 06:24 AM

notice the bit at the bottom of the page in the herald about McCourt signing for Peterbourgh as well as Scougall,gets better all the time

Barney McGrew
22-08-2013, 06:35 AM

Scottish football is financially gubbed, so it's a difficult one for clubs up here now. Money has dried up in Scotland and even the lower leagues in England are awash with cash now - even Celtic have lost two players to mediocre English teams in Norwich and Forest and they can dangle the carrot of Champions League football.

We're at the point now where decent talent will only come to the Scottish game as raw untried youngsters or at the tail end of their careers having exhausted their options or made their money down south. So instead, we're left scrabbling around for journeymen pros or guys with baggage hoping to discover a gem in among all the stones.

The days where established players the likes of Butchers, Larssons or Latapy's at the top of their game play in the SPL are long gone unfortunately.

number9dream
22-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Wolves and Peterborough both have a far bigger budget than Hibs. If scougall leaves Livingston it will be for a few hundred thousand. A fee that Hibs will almost definately not pay , not to mention the attraction of higher wages down south. Hibs lack Ambition. If the board are 100percent backing fenlon then i hope they back him to bring in natural wide players. Players who can take on a man. As we have no player available capable of doing this. Any defender will tell you the hardest thing to deal with as a defender is someone running at you with pace with the ball. A defences dream is for a team to keep the ball infront of them. A player like Scougall would be a fantastic signing. We need to get someone in , I wish we had signed Garry Mckay Steven before he signed for Dundee Utd. He would have been an excellent signing and again is exactly the type of player we need.

Someone like Aaron Doran who was out of contract at ICT at the end of last season? Pity our manager went for big OTJ instead of the guy who topped the SPL assists chart...

CallumLaidlaw
22-08-2013, 07:48 AM
notice the bit at the bottom of the page in the herald about McCourt signing for Peterbourgh as well as Scougall,gets better all the time

The bit about McCourt was from July

cam75
22-08-2013, 08:04 AM
The bit about McCourt was from July

Bbc gossip says Barnsley have beaten us to him?
GGTTH

erin go bragh
22-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Bbc gossip says Barnsley have beaten us to him?
GGTTH

Barnsley had him down training after his stint with us !

Ggtth

Speedway
22-08-2013, 07:56 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yussif_Raman_Chibsah

Aldo
22-08-2013, 07:57 PM

And

adhibs
22-08-2013, 07:59 PM

sassulo done very well last season so if he made 28 appearances must have a bit quality about him

The_Horde
22-08-2013, 07:59 PM

Thats random. Googled the name and apparently he's just signed for someone?

The_Horde
22-08-2013, 08:01 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/serie-sassuolo-confirm-chibsah-swoop-111418555.html

Purehibee_MYB
22-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Finally, this thread has a rumour!

I'll start proceedings off...

FFS Petrie why has this deal not been tied up yet!!? :grr:

brydekirk
22-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Wtf

SaulGoodman
22-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Some say he's the Ghanian Roberto Carlos

Vault Boy
22-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Some say he's the Ghanian Roberto Carlos

Why can't we just stick with the important details?! Does he have his own website?

The_Horde
22-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Why can't we just stick with the important details?! Does he have his own website?

Not sure. But he is another central midfielder.

Andy74
22-08-2013, 09:19 PM
For what position?

I liked that!

BarneyK
22-08-2013, 09:20 PM
;3729441']Not sure. But he is another central midfielder.

Good job he's not signing then :greengrin

Callum_62
22-08-2013, 09:57 PM
"It is understood that the deal for former Juventus youth team player, now a Ghana international, is worth around €2.5m."

Surprised we missed out.... :greengrin

Shrekko
22-08-2013, 10:31 PM
And

You're now required to stroke his ego by demanding to know what kind of mood he's in and what provoked this latest enigmatic offering.

Purehibee_MYB
22-08-2013, 10:38 PM
You're now required to stroke his ego by demanding to know what kind of mood he's in and what provoked this latest enigmatic offering.

Ohh, now you're going to take the thread away from rumours again, and I was so excited we were getting back on track! :greengrin

McIntosh
22-08-2013, 10:56 PM
If we expect quality signings as we all know we can forget it. My nephew who is a sports journalist gave me an insight into the club and its transfer dealing. He said that when in discussion with the manager in relation to the club's signing policy he was not struck by any degree of confidence it appeared incoherent and beyond amateurish. This is something that we all know but I am truly staggered by this. It takes me back to the days when Pat Stanton was manager and we where signing the like of Malky Robertson virtually from the street.

However, I do not blame Fenlon the Board are ultimately responsible for this, the real problem is that they are completely devoid of any form of imagination and vision.

SaulGoodman
22-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Fact

Purehibee_MYB
22-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Fact

Source?

truehibernian
22-08-2013, 11:10 PM
If we expect quality signings as we all know we can forget it. My nephew who is a sports journalist gave me an insight into the club and its transfer dealing. He said that when in discussion with the manager in relation to the club's signing policy he was not struck by any degree of confidence it appeared incoherent and beyond amateurish. This is something that we all know but I am truly staggered by this. It takes me back to the days when Pat Stanton was manager and we where signing the like of Malky Robertson virtually from the street.

However, I do not blame Fenlon the Board are ultimately responsible for this, the real problem is that they are completely devoid of any form of imagination and vision.

This isn't a criticism, but how does your nephew know how talks go ?

I am very close to someone who knew how the Taylor talks were going - they were not amateurish as they'd been on the go before the January window (I posted it back then). What was 'amateurish' was Hibs' chronic lack of pace in the deal, their chronic lack of proper valuation and willingness to commit, and the comedy offers they put in (4 in total). They could have got Lyle in January - ask Rod and Hibs why they never invested then ? I'd put it down to sheer lack of ambition. Source - someone from the SFA ! Due to Hibs' unwillingness to pay the going rate they alerted other clubs - hence we missed out. LT would have signed for Hibs as he was keen as mustard to come at one point.

Andy74
22-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Sure.

Ozyhibby
23-08-2013, 01:53 AM

The minute you said he was a sports journalist I immediately thought he knows hee haw.

JohnStephens91
23-08-2013, 02:22 AM

Would it be rude to ask who your nephew is?

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2013, 06:46 AM

I am very close to someone who knew how the Taylor talks were going - they were not amateurish as they'd been on the go before the January window (I posted it back then). What was 'amateurish' was Hibs' chronic lack of pace in the deal, their chronic lack of proper valuation and willingness to commit, and the comedy offers they put in (4 in total). They could have got Lyle in January - ask Rod and Hibs why they never invested then ? I'd put it down to sheer lack of ambition. Source - someone from the SFA ! Due to Hibs' unwillingness to pay the going rate they alerted other clubs - hence we missed out. LT would have signed for Hibs as he was keen as mustard to come at one point.

Were we amateurish or not? :confused:

jeffers
23-08-2013, 07:04 AM
I have heard much the same as truehibernian. Taylor was keen to come to us and we could have had him for less than what he ultimately went for. Falkirk viewed Petrie's initial offer as an insult and were furious (£25,000 initially and a further £25,000 after so many games was the figure I heard.) Amateurish ? No, I wouldn't say so, more a case of trying to get a player on the cheap - it backfired on this ocassion.

Hibs7
23-08-2013, 07:15 AM
I have heard much the same as truehibernian. Taylor was keen to come to us and we could have had him for less than what he ultimately went for. Falkirk viewed Petrie's initial offer as an insult and were furious (£25,000 initially and a further £25,000 after so many games was the figure I heard.) Amateurish ? No, I wouldn't say so, more a case of trying to get a player on the cheap - it backfired on this occasion.

As has often happened with Hibs ... Griffiths for example.. Agathe, all down to RP and his tight pockets .. That is amateurish !!

PeterboroHibee
23-08-2013, 07:21 AM
I have heard much the same as truehibernian. Taylor was keen to come to us and we could have had him for less than what he ultimately went for. Falkirk viewed Petrie's initial offer as an insult and were furious (£25,000 initially and a further £25,000 after so many games was the figure I heard.) Amateurish ? No, I wouldn't say so, more a case of trying to get a player on the cheap - it backfired on this ocassion.

I think amateurish is a bit much but theres got to be a point where, if you are looking to spend money on a player, you have to be reasonable about it. Arsenal are the key example of that at the moment, not that Im comparing us to them but Wenger tries to do every single deal on the cheap, which has resulted in them missing out on a whole host of players who were keen to move to the club.

Griffiths was the main target, but that was always going to be a challenge to get him. If Taylor was considered the second choice, why were we only offering £25k up front - no wonder Falkirk saw it as an insult, and it would have no doubt made future negotiations even more difficult. Instead we have spent who knows how much on Collins, who I think looks like a decent player, but I dont think there was any planning to the signing as he just doesnt fit in to the system we have.

Aldo
23-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I think we will see a couple if last minute 'buys' during the last day of the window.

A Matt Done type winger and another defensive midfielder.

Sorry just what I think. Not expecting much quality.

LioNeilMessi
23-08-2013, 07:35 AM

How much do you think we could of got him for had initial offers been more realistic? I did think 200-250k was a bit too much to pay for him when he went though.

truehibernian
23-08-2013, 07:38 AM

I didn't put that well I admit BH - the talks themselves I'm sure could not be described as amateurish - I meant that Falkirk had their valuation and a game of poker developed. Hibs then proceeded in my opinion to make silly offers and silly 'increases'. This began to annoy Falkirk who I'm told thought Hibs were just playing at it - the increases were at around £25K a time. They thought it was derisory.

Arrogant, niave, lacking ambition - who knows. I should maybe not have said amateur you're right.

The Sea-gull
23-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Toaday's BBC Scottish fitba gossip column - Dylan McGeouch, young Celtic kid, they want to loan him out and we are interested.

So too are Motherwell and Ross County.

Bet he goes to Motherwell.

The kid might be higly rated and I think he is a winger/creative player so is what we need but do we want a young kid on loan. I feel we could do with abit more of an experienced player even if it means paying out a decent wage.

gegs70
23-08-2013, 07:48 AM
On bbc gossip payge we are looking at McGeoch from Celtic ( along with a few clubs like motherwell so we may lose out again!).

Unseen work
23-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Toaday's BBC Scottish fitba gossip column - Dylan McGeouch, young Celtic kid, they want to loan him out and we are interested.

The kid might be higly rated and I think he is a winger/creative player so is what we need but do we want a young kid on loan. I feel we could do with abit more of an experienced player even if it means paying out a decent wage.

He's a centre mid iirc. Not type of player we need

Mark79
23-08-2013, 07:50 AM

We are probably only linked because of his irish name.

TheFamous1875
23-08-2013, 07:51 AM
As has often happened with Hibs ... Griffiths for example.. Agathe, all down to RP and his tight pockets .. That is amateurish !!

Griffiths - if there was ever a better moment to break the bank, that was it. Apparently we were willing to, but it wasn't enough. We should have met their demands, he was invaluable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Billy Whizz
23-08-2013, 07:54 AM
So what's happened to Claros then?

SMAXXA
23-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Far to much greeting over spilt milk on this thread, just get on with it,what's the point in going over old ground we didn't get some of the signings mentioned for whatever reason, move on.

Elephant Stone
23-08-2013, 08:04 AM

The more you say it, the funnier it gets.

Chump
23-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Instead we have spent who knows how much on Collins, who I think looks like a decent player, but I dont think there was any planning to the signing as he just doesnt fit in to the system we have.

for the benefit of us all could you please explain our system as it appears to be lost on me :greengrin

hibsmad
23-08-2013, 08:19 AM
I think we will see a couple if last minute 'buys' during the last day of the window.

A Matt Done type winger and another defensive midfielder.

Sorry just what I think. Not expecting much quality.

Wait a minute.

You think we are going to sign two players. However, only one of these players will be a defensive midfielder!!?

This sounds like a serious break from our current transfer policy.

Heisenberg
23-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Looks like we're at the loan signing phase then. Is this kid really the quick creative wide player we need? I'm also not keen on loaning players from Celtc, we're left short when we play them for a start.

flash
23-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Very little info on this thread but plenty of side splitting digs at the manager.

PeterboroHibee
23-08-2013, 08:47 AM
On bbc gossip payge we are looking at McGeoch from Celtic ( along with a few clubs like motherwell so we may lose out again!).

This would be an odd signing. I dont really think it would really resolve any of our current issues, and would it arguably not be better giving the time that McGeoch would get to one of our own youngsters (specifically Stanton)?

hibs0666
23-08-2013, 08:52 AM

You should get a gig on the fringe.

McIntosh
23-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Would it be rude to ask who your nephew is?

I would rather not in case it get him in any form of trouble. However, I should have added that he works for the radio and is not a print journalist his insights have been gained in interviews and general discussions. Over the years he has been vey accurate but more importantly it is the value of his Insight. He is not or never been a Hibs fan, he has always supported Hearts despite my best efforts but his apprisals are very frank and honest.

GreenPJ
23-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Agathe's agent was at ER discussing terms when he was through at Celtic Park with his brother(?) working on a deal that the agent knew nothing about.

Griffiths as soon as he started to score goals it was always likely someone would offer higher wage or Wolves would want to keep him - the question is should Hibs have reacted earlier, however, it has to be said when Griffiths first came whilst he always had talent there were also off and onfield issues that would make the club think twice about a permanent deal. I don't beleive these rumours of £150K in January.

jdships
23-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Agathe's agent was at ER discussing terms when he was through at Celtic Park with his brother(?) working on a deal that the agent knew nothing about.

Griffiths as soon as he started to score goals it was always likely someone would offer higher wage or Wolves would want to keep him - the question is should Hibs have reacted earlier, however, it has to be said when Griffiths first came whilst he always had talent there were also off and onfield issues that would make the club think twice about a permanent deal. I don't beleive these rumours of £150K in January.

That is FACT :top marks :thumbsup:

Cabbage East
23-08-2013, 09:31 AM
If ever we needed a big signing to bring the club together it's now. Will we get one? Hmm.

The Sea-gull
23-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Very little info on this thread but plenty of side splitting digs at the manager.

Very little info on this thread because Hibs do all their business in private and will be working hard behind the scenes to insure they identify and then secure the right type players to take us forward. Once a deal is complete it will be annouced on the official website.

Above is of course taken straight from the standard response the club would give. Quite right too but it is a shame that we never see much evidence of all the "hard work behind the scenes" translating into the securing of all of our signings before the seasons starts. Obviously not working hard enough behind the scenes or not offering enough £ or not convincing enough players. Or all three.

We have had months to complete a squad and should not be rattling around the dying embers of the transfer window still needing to sign key players in key positions.

Our scouting and signing policy (which seems to be overload the squad with defensive midfielders and not worry about a lack of creativity) stinks right now

Hibs7
23-08-2013, 09:54 AM

It was stupid to sign Agathe on a 3 month contract in the first place ...doh !

Kaiser1962
23-08-2013, 10:05 AM
It was stupid to sign Agathe on a 3 month contract in the first place ...doh !

Agathe was with Raith Rovers at the time and had scored 7 goals in 30 appearances. RR finished fifth in Div 1.

gegs70
23-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Very little info on this thread because Hibs do all their business in private and will be working hard behind the scenes to insure they identify and then secure the right type players to take us forward. Once a deal is complete it will be annouced on the official website.

Above is of course taken straight from the standard response the club would give. Quite right too but it is a shame that we never see much evidence of all the "hard work behind the scenes" translating into the securing of all of our signings before the seasons starts. Obviously not working hard enough behind the scenes or not offering enough £ or not convincing enough players. Or all three.

We have had months to complete a squad and should not be rattling around the dying embers of the transfer window still needing to sign key players in key positions.

Our scouting and signing policy (which seems to be overload the squad with defensive midfielders and not worry about a lack of creativity) stinks right now

I just wondered how they identify the players. Is it pat fenlon, do they have scouts that give them a list of players for certain positions, is it agents that send a list of free agents or do hibs phone other clubs for loan deals within budget. Our last signing Nelson was recomended by Jimmy Nichol?!

Billychaotic182
23-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't want players on loan tbh. The 5-1 game is proof that loan players don't really give too hoots about there loan club. Leigh was different as he is a hibee but I can't think of another loan signing that was worth it other than Leigh and Claros?

gegs70
23-08-2013, 11:13 AM

I just wondered how they identify the players. Is it pat fenlon, do they have scouts that give them a list of players for certain positions, is it agents that send a list of free agents or do hibs phone other clubs for loan deals within budget. Our last signing Nelson was recomended by Jimmy Nichol?!

IanM
23-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't want players on loan tbh. The 5-1 game is proof that loan players don't really give too hoots about there loan club. Leigh was different as he is a hibee but I can't think of another loan signing that was worth it other than Leigh and Claros?

McGivern, (I hope he's fit for saturday) but I agree, we're done with loan signings when we need a better foundation, i'm happy with loan signings once we have a complete squad but not before.. pat said he's got his eye on a few wingers, McCourt was clearly one so lets see who's next.. but before then let's hope for a bit more width on saturday

Pedantic_Hibee
23-08-2013, 02:51 PM
It's coming............................................ ...

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Jim-White-Sky-Sports-News-007.jpg

Have you ​booked the day off?

IberianHibernian
24-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Will we sign anyone this week ? We need a fast winger but doubt we budgeted for Harris and Cairney to get bad injuries at same time . Short - term signing of Matt Done type player would seem most likely and I would think better than risking 2 or 3 year deal with player from lower league who might not make it in long run . Will anyone leave ? Someone on loan maybe but doubt we`d sell anyone now just because they can go free in January ( noone worth much anyway ? ) .

Iggy Pope
24-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Will we sign anyone this week ? We need a fast winger but doubt we budgeted for Harris and Cairney to get bad injuries at same time . Short - term signing of Matt Done type player would seem most likely and I would think better than risking 2 or 3 year deal with player from lower league who might not make it in long run . Will anyone leave ? Someone on loan maybe but doubt we`d sell anyone now just because they can go free in January ( noone worth much anyway ? ) .

Well we have picked up a few, but I cannot think of a single player in the First Team squad that we can afford to lose.

frazeHFC
24-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Will be a bit disappointing if we don't bring in a winger. We know PF said he is on a winger hunt so hopefully we can get one in, we definately need one.

Col2
24-08-2013, 10:09 PM
We could do a lot worse than Matt Done. I know he has no pace, doesn't take on players or get involved in the game, but we really could do a lot worse.

Wheat Hound
24-08-2013, 10:20 PM
In: striker and a winger ( Liam Boyce, Danny Carmichael, Dean Shiels?)

Out: ???

Onceinawhile
24-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Think we will sign 2 more players, winger and a striker. Think today's bench showed that our squad is still pretty shallow.

Hopefully cairney comes back and hits the ground running like last season, as that would be like a new signing.

IberianHibernian
24-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Will be a bit disappointing if we don't bring in a winger. We know PF said he is on a winger hunt so hopefully we can get one in, we definitely need one.Hopefully Harris will make a full recovery and be available for first team for December so we know if we need to sign someone in winter window Likewise Cairney . Probably easier to find that type of player in winter when players get fed up being used as subs and odd midweek reserve game but some may be available now . Winger ( Ikechi Anya ) named for Scotland squad for first time this week was recommended to Hibs several times before returning to England and is an example of type of player we might find cheaply if we look far enough . Also with LOI finishing soon Pat may have ideas there .

IberianHibernian
24-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Think we will sign 2 more players, winger and a striker. Think today's bench showed that our squad is still pretty shallow.

Hopefully cairney comes back and hits the ground running like last season, as that would be like a new signing.Shallow but with half a dozen players out injured or suspended we still won . Not sure if there are still rules about mínimum number of under 20 / 21 players on bench .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-08-2013, 03:59 AM
I dont believe a word of Agent Scotlands tweets, but since its a rumour thread... @AgentScotland: Hibs are ahead of Motherwell in cue for Dylan McGeouch on loan.

brydekirk
25-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Dylan McGeough on loan, but source is poor, agent Scotland.

ManBearPig
25-08-2013, 06:57 AM
When is Cairney due back? I think speed is what we need.

DH1875
25-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Defo need another striker.

brog
25-08-2013, 07:28 AM
I dont believe a word of Agent Scotlands tweets, but since its a rumour thread... @AgentScotland: Hibs are ahead of Motherwell in cue for Dylan McGeouch on loan.

Thats us snookered then! :greengrin

YehButNoBut
25-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Defo need another striker.

What about Liam Boyce, we were interested in him before & he has been playing well for Cliftonville recently, I suppose could he make the step up would be the big question.

We all agree we need a winger just wondering who is available & would likely come to ER, I can't think of anyone, so anyone else got an idea who we could get for this position?

lumbo_hfc
25-08-2013, 07:58 AM

It was reported in one of the papers yesterday and on the bbc gossip page! Would be happy with that signing, has pace and can go past a player, even in if it is only for 6 months or so.

Andy74
25-08-2013, 08:03 AM
It was reported in one of the papers yesterday and on the bbc gossip page! Would be happy with that signing, has pace and can go past a player, even in if it is only for 6 months or so.

Ran the game in their friendly v Liverpool preseason. I think he prefers to play central but can also play wide. Anyone with pace and ability to take on players would do just now!

PeterboroHibee
25-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Ran the game in their friendly v Liverpool preseason. I think he prefers to play central but can also play wide. Anyone with pace and ability to take on players would do just now!

McCall is quoted as saying they are no longer interested in McGeouch because he has no desire to play as a winger.

Andy74
25-08-2013, 08:18 AM
McCall is quoted as saying they are no longer interested in McGeouch because he has no desire to play as a winger.

No interest then if that's the case!!

hibees 7062
25-08-2013, 08:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fOJXrSqKMr8

Yes please :agree:

Billychaotic182
25-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Is McGeouch the boy that broke his jaw against Madrid?

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Is McGeouch the boy that broke his jaw against Madrid?

Aye that's him.

LancsHibs
25-08-2013, 11:12 AM
It's coming............................................ ...

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Jim-White-Sky-Sports-News-007.jpg

Have you ​booked the day off?

Sad as it is... Yes I have:aok:

LancsHibs
25-08-2013, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fOJXrSqKMr8

Yes please :agree:

Great running and skill from the kid but if the shot hadn't of got the lucky deflection it wouldnt of gone in:wink:

Since90+2
25-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Dylan McGeouch is quality. Be delighted if we got him on a year long loan.

--------
25-08-2013, 11:59 AM

This doesn't surprise me - I really don't believe that getting the right players in good time is a terribly high priority at ER right now. Our managers seem always to be having to make do with third- or fourth-choices because the players they really wanted have been signed by someone else, usually long after the first reports of Hibs' interest have appeared in the media.

We're so cack-handed about transfer deals we end up acting as scouts for the English lower divisions.

Unwillingness to pay the going rate, chronic lack of pace in the deal, unwillingness to commit, unrealistic valuation of the player, losing a player who was keen to sign for the club when first approached?

Sounds pretty amateurish to me, BH.

I agree that this isn't something we can blame Pat Fenlon for - this is Farmer and Petrie and the board and their attitude to the club - more concerned about how the stadium looks than the quality of the football.

Andy74
25-08-2013, 12:05 PM
This doesn't surprise me - I really don't believe that getting the right players in good time is a terribly high priority at ER right now. Our managers seem always to be having to make do with third- or fourth-choices because the players they really wanted have been signed by someone else, usually long after the first reports of Hibs' interest have appeared in the media.

We're so cack-handed about transfer deals we end up acting as scouts for the English lower divisions.

Unwillingness to pay the going rate, chronic lack of pace in the deal, unwillingness to commit, unrealistic valuation of the player, losing a player who was keen to sign for the club when first approached?

Sounds pretty amateurish to me, BH.

I agree that this isn't something we can blame Pat Fenlon for - this is Farmer and Petrie and the board and their attitude to the club - more concerned about how the stadium looks than the quality of the football.

And you actually believe all that?

What about the deals we did do, and did early?

Humo
25-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Shallow but with half a dozen players out injured or suspended we still won . Not sure if there are still rules about mínimum number of under 20 / 21 players on bench .

Minimum of 3 under 21 outfield players in the squad

Unseen work
25-08-2013, 01:25 PM

Positive I seen him post on twitter he only lost his crutches or started light running the other week. Probs still over a month I would imagine

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2013, 01:27 PM

I might be missing what you mean, but Cairney could never be described as quick? :confused:

Jonnyboy
25-08-2013, 01:55 PM

You think Cairney is fast???

Andy74
25-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Positive I seen him post on twitter he only lost his crutches or started light running the other week. Probs still over a month I would imagine

Fenlon has said a couple of times this week that he is back training. Should play a couple of bounce or under 20 games and could play in a couple of weeks.

McPake is back doing light stuff.

Sudds_1
25-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Fenlon has said a couple of times this week that he is back training. Should play a couple of bounce or under 20 games and could play in a couple of weeks.

McPake is back doing light stuff.

what? changing the bulbs at East Mains? :devil::greengrin

MADE IN LEITH
25-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I might be missing what you mean, but Cairney could never be described as quick? :confused:

Your right mate, Cairney is not quick :agree:

GlenrothesHibee
25-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Dylan McGeouch is quality. Be delighted if we got him on a year long loan.

Quality but cant get a sniff of a game at a poor Celtic? Had never heard of him until his name came up on here.

Unseen work
25-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Quality but cant get a sniff of a game at a poor Celtic? Had never heard of him until his name came up on here.

A poor Celtic? If he got a game ahead of the likes of brown, Ledley, Forrest, kayal, commons etc i would b very suprised. Doesn't mean he's not good

erin go bragh
25-08-2013, 04:35 PM

Was that not the guy that has went to Killie on loan ( skippy midfielder)

Ggtth

down-the-slope
25-08-2013, 04:44 PM
And you actually believe all that?

What about the deals we did do, and did early?

:tsk tsk: no using facts to spoil hyperbolic accusations

JeMeSouviens
26-08-2013, 10:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOJXrSqKMr8

Ozyhibby
26-08-2013, 12:46 PM

A poor Celtic? Last 16 of the champions league last year. Poor?
Hilarious.

Gerard
26-08-2013, 12:55 PM
what? changing the bulbs at East Mains? :devil::greengrin

And many other duties as well:wink:
making the tea and coffee. Cleaning duties as rqd and so on:wink:

Part/Time Supporter
26-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I recall McGeouch playing well (as a right wing substitute) in the semi-final Celtic lost to the Yams in 2012. I don't think he has kicked on since then because he suffered a broken jaw in a friendly last August that kept him out for a big chunk of last season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-youngster-dylan-mcgeouch-looks-1466461

Billy Whizz
26-08-2013, 02:10 PM
I recall McGeouch playing well (as a right wing substitute) in the semi-final Celtic lost to the Yams in 2012. I don't think he has kicked on since then because he suffered a broken jaw in a friendly last August that kept him out for a big chunk of last season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-youngster-dylan-mcgeouch-looks-1466461

I don't think we should be getting the young players from our SPL rivals experience, unless we have an option to sign them

Leith Green
26-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't think we should be getting the young players from our SPL rivals experience, unless we have an option to sign them

I agree, hate the thought of us bringing on their players for them and giving them match experience to aid their development. Dont like to think of us being uses by the vermin to do that.

Sorry not for me

frazeHFC
26-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Would definately take McGeogh on loan. We couldn't really go too wrong, he has pace and skill which is what we don't have.

BH Hibs
26-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Don't know if been mentioned before but apparently he doesn't want to play on wing and sees himself as a central midfielder no real source just a couple of lesser greens told me this

SlickShoes
26-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't know if been mentioned before but apparently he doesn't want to play on wing and sees himself as a central midfielder no real source just a couple of lesser greens told me this

Sounds exactly like the player Pat is looking for!

PeterboroHibee
26-08-2013, 03:10 PM

I mentioned it earlier in this thread. McCall was quoted on the STV website saying exactly the same thing, and they are no longer interested in him as they need a proper winger.

Franck Stanton
26-08-2013, 03:49 PM
We could do a lot worse than Matt Done. I know he has no pace, doesn't take on players or get involved in the game, but we really could do a lot worse.
Okay I'll bite, this just has to be a wind-up, isn't it ? Matt Done ? Rather play Matt Munro. Geez :confused::confused::confused:

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2013, 03:53 PM
So Pat has acknowledged we need width, but does anyone have any idea who we are trying to sign?

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-08-2013, 04:12 PM
A poor Celtic? Last 16 of the champions league last year. Poor?
Hilarious.

What kinda player did that make Ritchie Towell?

snooky
26-08-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOJXrSqKMr8

Great goal but just as well he did score as he had 2 other players open in a better position and technically should have passed.
Mind you, I don't really blame the greedy little bee for going it alone. :greengrin

Billychaotic182
26-08-2013, 04:33 PM
What kinda player did that make Ritchie Towell?

It may be the poor standard of player I'm use to now but I didn't think Towell was a bad player. Was young and not very experienced. Can see him coming back to the spl and being a good solid player.

.Sean.
26-08-2013, 04:38 PM
No thanks. I'd rather saw my baws off with a rusty hacksaw than develop a player for Scotland's Shame.

skipster7
26-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Josh Carson training at East Mains. Ipswich winger.according to SSN

hibee_nation
26-08-2013, 04:45 PM

Wonder who he will sign for after we get him fit. :cb

Andy74
26-08-2013, 04:53 PM

He he!

LeithBoozy
26-08-2013, 04:53 PM
We should be looking to give our own lads game time, we could have another Harris. But if we don't give them a chance, we will never find out, we should never be bringing-on another teams youngsters. :rolleyes:

Andy74
26-08-2013, 04:54 PM

And yes, he's Irish!

snooky
26-08-2013, 04:54 PM

Maybe he's at ER to look after the kit. :wink:

skipster7
26-08-2013, 04:55 PM

20 year old Northern Ireland cap,been out on loan at York. can also play DM:wink:

LeithBoozy
26-08-2013, 04:55 PM

Probably Aberdeen if he is an ex-tractor boy.:wink:

hibee_nation
26-08-2013, 04:59 PM
20 year old Northern Ireland cap,been out on loan at York. can also play DM:wink:

He has 2 great attributes. 1 he is Irish and 2 he plays DM. Looks like this one is a goer lads. :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
26-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Z

http://youtu.be/ofmmveToPno

Has also been training with Bristol city during the summer apparently

Andy74
26-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Z

http://youtu.be/ofmmveToPno

Has also been training with Bristol city during the summer apparently

First goal is a cracker. Looks quick and direct. From one short clip!!

YehButNoBut
26-08-2013, 05:05 PM

He's a 20 year old midfielder/winger who was on loan to York City at the end of last season but returned with a broken foot.

ITFC Transfers ‏@ITFCtransfers 23 Aug (https://twitter.com/ITFCtransfers/status/370955547476230144) Mick McCarthy has revealed that Josh Carson has spent the week on trial with Notts County and is also interesting Hibernian #itfc (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23itfc&src=hash)

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 23 Aug (https://twitter.com/Transfer_News24/status/370946105560666112)
Notts County & Hibernian are interested in Ipswich winger Josh Carson. #notts (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23notts&src=hash) #hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hibs&src=hash) #itfc (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23itfc&src=hash)

skipster7
26-08-2013, 05:05 PM
He has 2 great attributes. 1 he is Irish and 2 he plays DM. Looks like this one is a goer lads. :greengrin

joking about DM:greengrin

JeMeSouviens
26-08-2013, 05:15 PM
First comment I find from an Ipswich fan ...

What is the general viewpoint of this lad from us!?

He seems an absolute waste of ability to me.

Isn't he supposed to come to us first before he wastes his ability? :dunno::duck:

Here's the full thread (warning, not exactly inspiring):

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/200108-Josh-Carson

Waxy
26-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Josh Carson training at East Mains. Ipswich winger.according to SSNWill sign for Barnsley then.

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Wooo a rumour! :panic:

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2013, 06:01 PM
When is our deadline day? According to twitter it's Friday? I thought it would be the 2nd of Sept?

Billy Whizz
26-08-2013, 06:17 PM
When is our deadline day? According to twitter it's Friday? I thought it would be the 2nd of Sept?

Think its Monday 2nd September, it is for English premier league sides

J-C
26-08-2013, 06:19 PM
First goal is a cracker. Looks quick and direct. From one short clip!!

yep looks good, tricky and pacy, that means he's a cert to be played in defence somewhere :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
26-08-2013, 06:27 PM

Yeah Monday 2nd. 11pm

Speedway
26-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Probably Aberdeen if he is an ex-tractor boy.:wink:

He no longer supports them now he's been told he can leave so he's also an ex-tractor fan.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah Monday 2nd. 11pm

Online food shopping orders at the ready lads. It could be a triumphant day of inane ramblings, savoury based snacks, rip-roaring gifs and shameless innuendo.

Speedway
26-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Online food shopping orders at the ready lads. It could be a triumphant day of inane ramblings, savoury based snacks, rip-roaring gifs and shameless innuendo.

It's going to be a big one, that's for sure.

Hibby70
26-08-2013, 07:23 PM
He no longer supports them now he's been told he can leave so he's also an ex-tractor fan.

Very good :)

SMAXXA
26-08-2013, 07:25 PM
It's going to be a big one, that's for sure.

I think this will be one of our quieter deadline days to be honest

SteveHFC
26-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Already have a great selection of gif's just waiting to be posted on deadline day :greengrin

ozzie
26-08-2013, 07:45 PM
our deadline is Saturday, the English is Monday according to this. http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/leagues_transfer_window.htm

our window opened 2 days before there's.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Already have a great selection of gif's just waiting to be posted on deadline day :greengrin

I have similarly stockpiled a few. Even if Hibs don't make any signings I'm still going to have a whale of a time. It's an excuse to talk absolute nonsense on the main board without the admins frog-marching me and my thread to the Dugout. Pricks.

SteveHFC
26-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I have similarly stockpiled a few. Even if Hibs don't make any signings I'm still going to have a whale of a time. It's an excuse to talk absolute nonsense on the main board without the admins frog-marching me and my thread to the Dugout. Pricks.

:rotflmao:

SteveHFC
26-08-2013, 07:51 PM
our deadline is Saturday, the English is Monday according to this. http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/leagues_transfer_window.htm

our window opened 2 days before there's.

I won't be here on Saturday. :(

Someone will just have to post my gif's for me instead :cb

Hermit Crab
26-08-2013, 08:28 PM

I don't think you'll be needing them anyway.

LioNeilMessi
26-08-2013, 08:44 PM

I'm sure the MYB will be able to help you out :greengrin:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

SteveHFC
26-08-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm sure the MYB will be able to help you out :greengrin:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

:thumbsup:

LeithBoozy
26-08-2013, 09:02 PM

Aye very good speedway, I hope we get him and he blows us over with his pace and skill. :wink:

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2013, 09:18 PM
:thumbsup:

We got your back Steve! :aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
26-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Surely the deadline can't be Saturday? That's outrageous if so?

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2013, 10:26 PM

It's on monday 11pm

SaulGoodman
26-08-2013, 10:27 PM

It always shuts on the following Monday if the 31st falls on a weekend.

:aok:

SteveHFC
26-08-2013, 10:36 PM
It's on monday 11pm

Thank **** i'll be here then :thumbsup:

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Thank **** i'll be here then :thumbsup:

Oh, so does that mean you don't need the MYB to cover the GIF shift then? We had a rota set up and everything :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
26-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh, so does that mean you don't need the MYB to cover the GIF shift then? We had a rota set up and everything :rolleyes:

No really :jmcp: :duck:

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2013, 11:21 PM
No really :jmcp: :duck:

Just as well.. We would have put you out of a job :wink:

SteveHFC
26-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Just as well.. We would have put you out of a job :wink:

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/683/2ep3mfljpg.gif

Purehibee_MYB
26-08-2013, 11:25 PM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/683/2ep3mfljpg.gif

Ok, you win... :greengrin

KiddA
27-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Here is what my Ipswich Town friend said about Josh Carson

Officially he is still an a Town player, and I say it that way because I like him but he doesn't fit Micks way. He is a decent player, technically decent player who can play on either side although he is predominantly left footed. He just doesn't track back enough, but he will create and can score goals. He has had small runs in the team, and has been called up to the Northern Ireland senior team on a number of occasions, but he just won't defend, so Mick doesn't want him.

Sounds like a decent player but needs to work on his defensive duties.

Baker9
27-08-2013, 06:50 AM

We should give him an airing.

Iain G
27-08-2013, 07:06 AM

Especially if Pat is to play him at right back :wink:

andrew70
27-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Here is what my Ipswich Town friend said about Josh Carson

Officially he is still an a Town player, and I say it that way because I like him but he doesn't fit Micks way. He is a decent player, technically decent player who can play on either side although he is predominantly left footed. He just doesn't track back enough, but he will create and can score goals. He has had small runs in the team, and has been called up to the Northern Ireland senior team on a number of occasions, but he just won't defend, so Mick doesn't want him.

However if he plays in Pats favoured formation of 4-2-3-1. He may not have to track back as much with the two sitting midfielders covering for him. Sounds like a lad with decent potential, be interesting to see what he can do.

Brightside
27-08-2013, 08:27 AM
However if he plays in Pats favoured formation of 4-2-3-1. He may not have to track back as much with the two sitting midfielders covering for him. Sounds like a lad with decent potential, be interesting to see what he can do.

Hang on... when has Pat played this formation? It is the formation he should play but ive only ever seen 451 flat and 4411 this season. He did start 433 against Utd but that only lasted 10 mins. I would love someone to interview Pat and get him to talk us through his formations and styles of football.

Craig_in_Prague
27-08-2013, 08:29 AM

Yep, we need players that want to go forward and add pose an attacking threat. If his only weakness is defending, then who cares.

Andy74
27-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Yep, we need players that want to go forward and add pose an attacking threat. If his only weakness is defending, then who cares.

Correct. Looks from the brief clips like he is quick and direct. Not saying its him but we need to add that badly. We've plenty of players who at least attempt to defend! None who can attack at pace.

Stevie Reid
27-08-2013, 08:41 AM
I wonder if McGivern has maybe given Pat a shout about him.

KWJ
27-08-2013, 08:46 AM
I wonder if McGivern has maybe given Pat a shout about him.

Or the international stalwart that is James McPake!

Platinum Scotty
27-08-2013, 08:53 AM
A colleague who is an Ipswich fan said the following...............good impact player (bit of a midget) but runs at defenders all day and scares the hell out of them..

number9dream
27-08-2013, 08:59 AM
It's on monday 11pm

Pretty sure it's midnight on the 31st in Scotland and the 2nd in England this time. Unusual, but the clubs must know the score, surely...

KWJ
27-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Dylan McGeouch on loan?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/424801/Dylan-McGeouch-wants-to-stay-at-Celtic

He's no keen and isn't he another centre mid albeit of the more attacking variety?

Bostonhibby
27-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Especially if Pat is to play him at right back :wink:

Nah, a good long run in goals is what he will get, that will stop him straying forward.

PeterboroHibee
27-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Dylan McGeouch on loan?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/424801/Dylan-McGeouch-wants-to-stay-at-Celtic

He's no keen and isn't he another centre mid albeit of the more attacking variety?

Its a difficult one with the player saying he doesnt want to leave. I think its fair enough, hes a Celtic player and wants to prove himself, and he may not be as committed elsewhere. The only thing that may work in our favour (should we sign him) is if Lennon has told him that if he goes out and impresses he will be in his plans for the future.

Why we are looking at another central midfielder though Ill never know.

Bostonhibby
27-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Its a difficult one with the player saying he doesnt want to leave. I think its fair enough, hes a Celtic player and wants to prove himself, and he may not be as committed elsewhere. The only thing that may work in our favour (should we sign him) is if Lennon has told him that if he goes out and impresses he will be in his plans for the future.

:agree: I don't see the point myself but PF is like the Pied Piper of Midfielders - at this rate there will be about 30 of them following him off the cliff should we fail to win enough games before xmas becasue we have very few players to supply our strikers, and probably not enough goal scorers either. We will be able to have a great ex hibs midfielders reunion though.:wink:

Velma Dinkley
27-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Surely an attacking midfielder would be the ideal kind of player to play on the wing.

Billy Whizz
27-08-2013, 09:27 AM
A colleague who is an Ipswich fan said the following...............good impact player (bit of a midget) but runs at defenders all day and scares the hell out of them..

Some said the same about Matt Done

PeterboroHibee
27-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Surely an attacking midfielder would be the ideal kind of player to play on the wing.

He has said he doesnt want to play on the wing. Its not like hes our player and its needs must, I dont see the point in bringing in a player who has said he doesnt want to play in X position then forcing him to do so.

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2013, 11:05 AM
So, apparently our transfer window DOES close on Saturday night!! :rolleyes:

Waxy
27-08-2013, 11:19 AM
When does it shut? Saturday or Monday?
This is serious, if it's saturday there's no way we'll get sexybird telling us who's just signed for who etc.

I'm in a panic.
Blowing into a brown paper bag.

steve75
27-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Some said the same about Matt Done

Done was shipped out on loan because he was low on confidence after an injury I believe. Not long before he came to use he was touted for a £500,000-£750,000 move to Palace. So was probably a fair description, just never happened for him.

If what's on here is to be believed, this boy is on his way out because of his defensive attitude, totally different kettle of fish.

YehButNoBut
27-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I thought if the last day of the transfer window fell at the weekend it closed on the next working day i.e. Monday 2nd Sept. :confused:

Not sure if the info below applies to both Scotland & England or only England.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/04/when-does-the-transfer-window-open-all-the-facts-you-need-to-see-you-through-this-summers-big-signings-3827823/

When does the transfer window close?
It slams shut on August 31 or the nearest working day thereafter – this year the 31st falls on a Saturday so the window closes on Monday September 2, in order to complete the necessary paperwork and fire off the required faxes to register a new signing.

Mikey
27-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Can anyone e-mail the SPFL to confirm? It's.......

info@spfl.co.uk

I would but I can't at the moment.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2013, 11:33 AM

info@spfl.co.uk

Sent.

I think it's Monday though.

theonlywayisup
27-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I thought if the last day of the transfer window fell at the weekend it closed on the next working day i.e. Monday 2nd Sept. :confused:

Not sure if the info below applies to both Scotland & England or only England.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/04/when-does-the-transfer-window-open-all-the-facts-you-need-to-see-you-through-this-summers-big-signings-3827823/

When does the transfer window close?
It slams shut on August 31 or the nearest working day thereafter – this year the 31st falls on a Saturday so the window closes on Monday September 2, in order to complete the necessary paperwork and fire off the required faxes to register a new signing.

Saturday is deemed to be a working day in Scotland. So it is 11pm on 31st August.

Below is a list of dates when the transfer window will close in some of the leagues across Europe:
Bulgarian Professional Football League: August 20, midnight.
Barclays Premier League: September 2, 11pm.

Bundesliga: September 2, 6pm.
Serie A: September 2, 11pm.
Eredivisie: September 2, midnight.
Liga Portugal: August 31, 6pm.
Russian Football Premier League: September 6, midnight.
Scottish Professional Football League: August 31, 11pm.

Swedish Football League: Transfer window closed August 11.
La Liga: September 2, midnight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398069/ASH-WEDNESDAY-Transfer-window-end-season-starts.html

theonlywayisup
27-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Sent.

I think it's Monday though.

No! Saturday!

hibees 7062
27-08-2013, 11:46 AM
When does it shut? Saturday or Monday?
This is serious, if it's saturday there's no way we'll get sexybird telling us who's just signed for who etc.

I'm in a panic.
Blowing into a brown paper bag.

:tee hee: Its no full of glue is it ?

Cracker
27-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Monday 11pm

YehButNoBut
27-08-2013, 12:00 PM
This site gives a countdown to the transfer window closing in the leagues across Europe, SPFL has 4 days & 10 hours to go.

Meaning it does close on Saturday at 11pm.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/leagues_transfer_window.htm

EPL is Monday at 11pm

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Well that's just brilliant isn't it. :fenlon

SteveHFC
27-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Well that's just brilliant isn't it. :fenlon

Complete disgrace :fenlon

IFONLY
27-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Saturday is deemed to be a working day in Scotland. So it is 11pm on 31st August.

Below is a list of dates when the transfer window will close in some of the leagues across Europe:
Bulgarian Professional Football League: August 20, midnight.
Barclays Premier League: September 2, 11pm.

Bundesliga: September 2, 6pm.
Serie A: September 2, 11pm.
Eredivisie: September 2, midnight.
Liga Portugal: August 31, 6pm.
Russian Football Premier League: September 6, midnight.
Scottish Professional Football League: August 31, 11pm.

Swedish Football League: Transfer window closed August 11.
La Liga: September 2, midnight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398069/ASH-WEDNESDAY-Transfer-window-end-season-starts.html

Is Saturday not deemed a working day in England as well !!!!!!!! its the 2nd Sept for them.

JimBHibees
27-08-2013, 03:04 PM

He can play wide right.

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2013, 03:19 PM

info@spfl.co.uk

I tweeted them, and they've confirmed Saturday -

@spflofficial: @laidlawjock Saturday 31st at 11pm

Purehibee_MYB
27-08-2013, 03:29 PM
I tweeted them, and they've confirmed Saturday -

@spflofficial: @laidlawjock Saturday 31st at 11pm

Well that's a bit shoddy..

SteveHFC might need the MYB to step in with the gif's after all :greengrin

SteveHFC
27-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Well that's a bit shoddy..

SteveHFC might need the MYB to step in with the gif's after all :greengrin

:na na: :greengrin

Gutted i'm gonna miss the deadline day thread :(. All the banter, gifs, PH's posts and HibbyAndy's obsession with Natalie :boo hoo::duck:

patch1875
27-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Going to make it more difficult to sign someone as they may hold of for a better deal down south

California-Hibs
27-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Imagine the anticlimax and rage if we never signed anyone come Saturday 11pm!
A winger is an absolute MUST.

YehButNoBut
27-08-2013, 04:12 PM
I would have thought with a game to concentrate on Saturday we would try to have any potential signings through by Friday if possible.

With only a few days till then there does seem a lack of any concrete rumours when we could still do with a winger, striker & defender.

Some of the names mentioned recently listed below, will we get any of them or perhaps pull one out the bag we've not heard of till he signs??

Josh Carson
Liam Boyce
Dylan McGeouch
Dean Shiels
Daniel Kearns
Joe Gormley
Tom Hately
Chris Killen

Purehibee_MYB
27-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Imagine the anticlimax and rage if we never signed anyone come Saturday 11pm!
A winger is an absolute MUST.

Well we're probably looking to sign players on a free so the deadline won't matter too much to us and other Scottish teams I wouldn't think

Andy74
27-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Well we're probably looking to sign players on a free so the deadline won't matter too much to us and other Scottish teams I wouldn't think

Only if those players are actually released.

JimBHibees
27-08-2013, 04:25 PM
More likely we will get a couple of loan players.

If Carson is training at East Mains then I hope we can sign him and get him in squad for Saturday.

Unseen work
27-08-2013, 04:27 PM
I would have thought with a game to concentrate on Saturday we would try to have any potential signings through by Friday if possible.

With only a few days till then there does seem a lack of any concrete rumours when we could still do with a winger, striker & defender.

Some of the names mentioned recently listed below, will we get any of them or perhaps pull one out the bag we've not heard of till he signs??

Josh Carson
Liam Boyce
Dylan McGeouch
Dean Shiels
Daniel Kearns
Joe Gormley
Tom Hately
Chris Killen

Where has the names gormley and kearns came from? Haven't seen anything regarding them

JimBHibees
27-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Where has the names gormley and kearns came from? Haven't seen anything regarding them

Joe Gormley is a left winger must be getting on a bit though. Got a decent strike on him also. :greengrin

Old guy joke.

greenpaper55
27-08-2013, 04:31 PM

joe Gormley, ex miners leader in the seventies ! an auld heed that still has a bit of pace about him.

YehButNoBut
27-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Seen them on another website, Gormley is a forward who plays with Boyce at Cliftonville (scored a hat trick at the weekend) and Kearns (a N Ireland lad) is an attacking midfielder currently with Peterborough but has been out on loan in the last 2 seasons with York & Rotherham.

brydekirk
27-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Joe Gormley is a left winger must be getting on a bit though. Got a decent strike on him also. :greengrin

Old guy joke.

It's a right winger we need IMO

tamig
27-08-2013, 04:41 PM

Think the guy was referring to free agents who are obviously free to sign for any club at any time. Embargoed clubs excepted of course.

tamig
27-08-2013, 04:49 PM

Think the guy was referring to free agents who are obviously free to sign for any club at any time. Embargoed clubs excepted of course.

Purehibee_MYB
27-08-2013, 04:57 PM

But then who lets their club get into such a situation where they are under embargo? :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
27-08-2013, 05:01 PM
My weekend is now in complete disarray. This is an unmitigated disaster, it really is.

Unseen work
27-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Seen them on another website, Gormley is a forward who plays with Boyce at Cliftonville (scored a hat trick at the weekend) and Kearns (a N Ireland lad) is an attacking midfielder currently with Peterborough but has been out on loan in the last 2 seasons with York & Rotherham.

Is there any truth in them do you know? Or is it off something like football rumours haha

kaimendhibs
27-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Just Sean on twitter that the Scottish window closes at 5pm on Saturday. @STVGrant: Not only is the deadline in Scotland this Saturday, it's a 5pm deadline as well. Extravaganza plans ripped up.

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

YehButNoBut
27-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Just Sean on twitter that the Scottish window closes at 5pm on Saturday. @STVGrant: Not only is the deadline in Scotland this Saturday, it's a 5pm deadline as well. Extravaganza plans ripped up.

Pretty sure it's 11pm on Saturday, 5pm would be a strange time with most of the games finishing around then.

kaimendhibs
27-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Pretty sure it's 11pm on Saturday, 5pm would be a strange time with most of the games finishing around then.

I agree. There's every chance grantstv is mistaken, seems clear as mud tho ha

ruthven_raiders
27-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I agree. There's every chance grantstv is mistaken, seems clear as mud tho ha

Yep he's tweeted to say that it is 11pm. Quote: @STVGrant: Despite Scottish FA saying 5pm transfer deadline this Saturday, it is in fact 11pm for Premiership clubs and midnight for other SPFL teams.

kaimendhibs
27-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Yep he's tweeted to say that it is 11pm. Quote: @STVGrant: Despite Scottish FA saying 5pm transfer deadline this Saturday, it is in fact 11pm for Premiership clubs and midnight for other SPFL teams.

Cheers

Bad Habits
27-08-2013, 09:14 PM
seen pictures of a dark skinned lad on Facebook playing down at East Mains, possibly Asian or central/southern American heritage. And off the top of my head I don't believe we have anyone of that description, could be a trialist

bingo70
27-08-2013, 09:33 PM
seen pictures of a dark skinned lad on Facebook playing down at East Mains, possibly Asian or central/southern American heritage. And off the top of my head I don't believe we have anyone of that description, could be a trialist

Depending on how clear the photo was could tom taiwo not fall into that category?

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Must be Benji and/or Zemmama

BigKev
27-08-2013, 09:43 PM

Copy and post the photo - Then let the guessing games begin!!

Bad Habits
27-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Copy and post the photo - Then let the guessing games begin!!

I tried to, but chrome keeps crashing when I do. Ill give it a try in another browser. and its definitely not Taiwo he's taller and has a much more sleight frame

Bad Habits
27-08-2013, 09:59 PM
hate to be a pain but how do I put pictures up :) haha

bingo70
27-08-2013, 10:02 PM
hate to be a pain but how do I put pictures up :) haha

Can you not just copy and paste it?

Anything more technical than that and I'm stumped

Hermit Crab
27-08-2013, 10:04 PM

Claros

Bad Habits
27-08-2013, 10:10 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=660777200602050&set=pcb.644578772221168&type=1&theaterhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=660777230602047&set=pcb.644578772221168&type=1&theater

Bad Habits
27-08-2013, 10:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=660777200602050&set=pcb.644578772221168&type=1&theater

see if that works?

Twiglet
27-08-2013, 10:13 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=660777200602050&set=pcb.644578772221168&type=1&theater

see if that works?

You'd need to make the photo public, or tag hibs.net before non-friends can see it.

bingo70
27-08-2013, 10:19 PM
The suspense here is killing me!

cabbageandribs1875
27-08-2013, 10:27 PM

see if that works?

http://imageshack.us/

you could try free upload sites like imageshack/photobucket etc, but you would have to register your e-mail address so probably not worth the hassle

Bad Habits
27-08-2013, 10:31 PM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/821/k9qn.jpg

Bad Habits
27-08-2013, 10:32 PM
haha thats tiny!
i'll give it another shot