PDA

View Full Version : Any new signing rumours? (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

patch1875
02-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Your mate's been used to McGeady, Hooper, Maloney, Samaras, Stokes and Commons - they've kept McCourt out the side and rightly so as they are top top players.

Have a wee swatch at this Eyrie and tell me you wouldn't get out your seat if Paddy was in a Hibs strip and collected the ball at the edge of the opposition box or on the byeline ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RqQqj9L5I

If we got someone of the likes of McCourt (technical skill wise) I'd be laughing apples. These players are like Derek Riordan at his best, not in a game for 75 minutes but have that 'magic' that they can pluck from nowhere to change and win games. Frustrating but wonderful at the same time. You can't coach it - it's downright natural talent and ability that seems self taught.

He's exactly what we need.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Bet he does!;)

Massive anti-climax methinks

Jeezo, I thought my glass was always half empty but you take the biscuit.

SaulGoodman
02-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Jeezo, I thought my glass was always half empty but you take the biscuit.

Shouldn't that be half a biscuit? :wink:

MyJo
02-08-2013, 07:50 PM

He probably didnt take any biscuit..... it would probably be horrible anyway.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2013, 08:05 PM

Half man half biscuit?? :D

Sergey
02-08-2013, 08:11 PM

We certainly could do with Four Lads Who Shook The Wirral.

Hermit Crab
02-08-2013, 08:13 PM
We certainly could do with Four Lads Who Shook The Wirral.

In their joy division oven gloves.

Sergey
02-08-2013, 08:15 PM

:agree: Dance. Dance.

SteveHFC
02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
:agree: Dance. Dance.

To the radio :agree:

Aldo
02-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Quality band. With quality tunes

Aldo
02-08-2013, 08:20 PM

And their dulka Prague away kit

snooky
02-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Bet he does!;)

Massive anti-climax methinks

Hmm ... bad choice of words. :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2013, 09:36 PM
new player to be announced tomorrow according to keith wright

Who?:wink:

jodjam
02-08-2013, 09:38 PM
And their dulka Prague away kit

More of a Honved man myself

snooky
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Who?:wink:

Shirley you mean "Who? Who? Who?" :wink:

frazeHFC
02-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Your mate's been used to McGeady, Hooper, Maloney, Samaras, Stokes and Commons - they've kept McCourt out the side and rightly so as they are top top players.

Have a wee swatch at this Eyrie and tell me you wouldn't get out your seat if Paddy was in a Hibs strip and collected the ball at the edge of the opposition box or on the byeline ?

If we got someone of the likes of McCourt (technical skill wise) I'd be laughing apples. These players are like Derek Riordan at his best, not in a game for 75 minutes but have that 'magic' that they can pluck from nowhere to change and win games. Frustrating but wonderful at the same time. You can't coach it - it's downright natural talent and ability that seems self taught.

Would take him in a heartbeat, and that video shows why!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Shirley you mean "Who? Who? Who?" :wink:

Ofcourse :greengrin

tamig
02-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Folk saying they wouldn't take Paddy McCourt at Hibs are off their heads! He'd be an incredible signing and we'd be raving about him after ony a few games. Guaranteed!

An excellent player. One of the telling things about McCourt is that he always gets a great reception at Windsor Park. Something not very common for a Celtic player.

Eyrie
02-08-2013, 10:42 PM

Nice skills but I'll go with the judgement of someone who's seen McCourt play on a regular basis over a highlights package. Be very nice if he's wrong though - think of the abuse I can give him!

lEXO
02-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Would take him in a heartbeat, and that video shows why!
So would I.

Stevie Reid
02-08-2013, 10:50 PM
When I was younger and used to watch Dougie Bell dribble it looked as if the ball was tied to his foot. McCourt looks the same at his best.

brydekirk
02-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Do we really need another CM :greengrin

No, but a good one would be handy.

IndieHibby
02-08-2013, 11:02 PM
If we get Claros I will have much higher expectations of this season.
As others have said, the work he does in closing players down and sitting in the passing lanes of the opposition is top rate.
Really hope this happens.

.......………Williams..........................
Mullen...Nelson...Hanlon...McGivern
.............Claros...Jones.....................
Harris...Thomson/Vine...Craig.........
...................Collins...............

Or

Drop Harris to bench and put Vine up with Collins in a 442.

We could really do with a pacy right winger.

Like McCourt ;-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-08-2013, 11:04 PM
As others have said, the work he does in closing players down and sitting in the passing lanes of the opposition is top rate.

Or

Like McCourt ;-)

Vine isn't a centre mid mate.

brydekirk
02-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Football managers . Co. uk

lEXO
02-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Vine isn't a centre mid mate.
Plus I wouldn't be dropping Harris. At least he goes past players

Vault Boy
02-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Football managers . Co. uk

I think that's the one Petrie uses. :greengrin

Leishy1995
02-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm still waiting on a speedway to comment on the Leigh Griffiths news

Speedway
02-08-2013, 11:57 PM
What news?

matty_f
02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
We have post after post about McCourt every window. Is there actually any substance to this rumour?

Leishy1995
03-08-2013, 12:02 AM
What news?

Here

OrdHibby
03-08-2013, 12:07 AM
What news?

:hilarious

Ryan69
03-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Every transfer window...Paddy.McCourt is signing!
Like the last transfer window,one before that and Im sure the one before that...think this one should be ignored!

Purehibee_MYB
03-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Every transfer window...Paddy.McCourt is signing!
Like the last transfer window,one before that and Im sure the one before that...think this one should be ignored!

Aye but now he's out of contract. So its definitely going to happen :greengrin

Humo
03-08-2013, 01:54 AM

Or

Like McCourt ;-)

No way as things stands he is our best player

Boyle89
03-08-2013, 05:02 AM

Love how no defender can get near him yet Maloney totally ***** him during a celebration :).

jodjam
03-08-2013, 05:59 AM
When I was younger and used to watch Dougie Bell dribble it looked as if the ball was tied to his foot. McCourt looks the same at his best.

Used to love watching dougie bell. The frustrating thing was he would dribble across the pitch , but you are right ,it was like it was tied to his foot

Pretty Boy
03-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Folk saying they wouldn't take Paddy McCourt at Hibs are off their heads! He'd be an incredible signing and we'd be raving about him after ony a few games. Guaranteed!

I've a few Celtc supporting mates and having asked them about McCourt my only worry would be his attitude.

According to the rumour mill at Celtc and comments from Neil Lennon, McCourt is spectacularly lazy. Not just in games but in training and day to day life. One of the reasons he didn't get more game time at Celtc was he just wasn't fit enough to manage it.

Talented player but can we afford a player only capable of 30 minute cameos. If he was lazy playing for the team he supported then what would he be like elsewhere?

lucky
03-08-2013, 07:13 AM
The fact not many clubs are chasing him tells a lot of what people in the game think of him. But if he's lazy and unfit and only plays when he wants then he looks made for Hibs.

green viper
03-08-2013, 07:22 AM
The fact not many clubs are chasing him tells a lot of what people in the game think of him. But if he's lazy and unfit and only plays when he wants then he looks made for Hibs.
I remember mcginn being in and out of the celtic team yet goes to Aberdeen and becomes a contender for player of the season whos to say if McCourt came to hibs he couldn't have the same impact

YehButNoBut
03-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Quite a few rumours around about McCourt going to Millwall, if they are interested there's no chance he'll end up with us.

Like the comment from a Celtic fan about him below, would still take him at Hibs though, if possible.

Celtic fan here. Paddy Mccourt had the potential when he arrived at Celtic and never developed at all. Great player when he can be bothered but really lazy and very ball greedy. Wasted talent imo and don't be to excited about him because of his poor diet and bad smoking habit he will never last 90 mins. All his own fault

number9dream
03-08-2013, 07:54 AM
I've a few Celtc supporting mates and having asked them about McCourt my only worry would be his attitude.

According to the rumour mill at Celtc and comments from Neil Lennon, McCourt is spectacularly lazy. Not just in games but in training and day to day life. One of the reasons he didn't get more game time at Celtc was he just wasn't fit enough to manage it.

Talented player but can we afford a player only capable of 30 minute cameos. If he was lazy playing for the team he supported then what would he be like elsewhere?

McCourt appears to have squandered his talent due to lifestyle choices and total lack of ambition. He was never quick and did he ever play 90 minutes during his time at Celtic? That's a serious question. He'll be after one last pay day and I'm not sure Hibs could afford to take a punt for a few cameo appearances... Might be worth considering if he's available on the cheap to change games in final 20 mins.

SMAXXA
03-08-2013, 08:16 AM
We have post after post about McCourt every window. Is there actually any substance to this rumour?

Pro be fair I've not heard that he's coming, not that I would but do hear bits and pieces and he's not one of them that's been mentioned. Thats not to say it won't happen but personally I don't see him coming here.

J-C
03-08-2013, 08:47 AM
McCourt appears to have squandered his talent due to lifestyle choices and total lack of ambition. He was never quick and did he ever play 90 minutes during his time at Celtic? That's a serious question. He'll be after one last pay day and I'm not sure Hibs could afford to take a punt for a few cameo appearances... Might be worth considering if he's available on the cheap to change games in final 20 mins.

Been released by Celtic last night so this could be the opportunity for him to put himself back in the spotlight at ER, maybe by having less pressure on him to succeed, could allow him to show off his talents, he was considered the next big thing at Celtic remember.

Gordy M
03-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Pro be fair I've not heard that he's coming, not that I would but do hear bits and pieces and he's not one of them that's been mentioned. Thats not to say it won't happen but personally I don't see him coming here.

Can you give us any names, from what you have heard?

ian cruise
03-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Nice skills but I'll go with the judgement of someone who's seen McCourt play on a regular basis over a highlights package. Be very nice if he's wrong though - think of the abuse I can give him!

He's one of these players who splits opinion in the Celtic camp. My mate is a season ticket holder at park head and he loves him. Thinks its a crime he's not had a better chance at Celtic.

GlenrothesHibee
03-08-2013, 12:29 PM
If we were to sign McCourt id be quite excited about our chances this season. Harris and McCourt out wide sounds good to me.

IWasThere2016
03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
For all his time at Celtc, McCourt has had problems with his stamina/levels of fitness. The soapdodgers could not get him to what they considered full match fitness.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
For all his time at Celtc, McCourt has had problems with his stamina/levels of fitness. The soapdodgers could not get him to what they considered full match fitness.

I agree, leave him in my opinion, we can't carry passengers

Mac
03-08-2013, 01:36 PM

Similar to Riordan at his time there, there is a large squad to choose from and Celtic have that luxury, if he was to play and be managed properly there is no doubt he has the potential to be a stand out/match winner for us

fatbloke
03-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Has Hateley signed yet?

Franck Stanton
03-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Has Hateley signed yet?
Who for ? Are we even talking to him ?

Paisley Hibby
03-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I think Leigh would be daft not to sign a new deal and try his luck in England. Great wee player and was a privilege watching him for hibs. Saying that though he would go down as a hero if he rejected and moved to us in jan. won't hold my breath though. Time to move on I think

Griffiths would be crazy to sign a new contract with Wolves. He's going to be a real star in League 1 and will have a lot of very decent clubs interested come January. He'll be able to name his price then. Sadly, he'll be way out of our league by then.

Franck Stanton
03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
McCourt if signed would be the best techinical player at the club by a mile. If you cant see that your blind, all the skill in the world, fitness has always been an issue though.
Agree 100% :top marks

Franck Stanton
03-08-2013, 06:49 PM
new player to be announced tomorrow according to keith wright
Well, it's "Tomorrow" now and no announcement ,What happened ?

SMAXXA
03-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Well, it's "Tomorrow" now and no announcement ,What happened ?

I think he may maybe talking guff or from my experience things should happen but for one reason or another don't materialise

SquashedFrogg
03-08-2013, 07:19 PM
I remember mcginn being in and out of the celtic team yet goes to Aberdeen and becomes a contender for player of the season whos to say if McCourt came to hibs he couldn't have the same impact

There's no room for that level of common sense on here!! (tut tut smiley)

He couldn't possibly do well at Hibs. That seems to be a 'fact' from what I understand...

Stevie Reid
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm sure there was a story going around a few years back that a Celtic fan saw McCourt coming out of an all night service station late at night with bags of sweeties and a bottle of limeade. When the supporter asked McCourt if he was injured, he replied that he was in the squad for tomorrow! Could well be an urban myth, but certainly believable.

To be fair, unless we develop an exceptional talent like JC (and presuming that we'll never ever get another Sauzee or be able to afford another Latapy), we can only expect to get exceptional talents who have fitness issues, either through their own bad living or having bad injury records.

This does just seem like the typical transfer window McCourt rumour though.

Franck Stanton
03-08-2013, 07:23 PM
I think he may maybe talking guff or from my experience things should happen but for one reason or another don't materialise

Yup, think you are correct with first part of your statement, however, wasn't having a go, just wondered if there was any update, if there is something in the pipeline may still need a few bits ironed out as you say

Zazu62
03-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm sure there was a story going around a few years back that a Celtic fan saw McCourt coming out of an all night service station late at night with bags of sweeties and a bottle of limeade. When the supporter asked McCourt if he was injured, he replied that he was in the squad for tomorrow! Could well be an urban myth, but certainly believable.

To be fair, unless we develop an exceptional talent like JC (and presuming that we'll never ever get another Sauzee or be able to afford another Latapy), we can only expect to get exceptional talents who have fitness issues, either through their own bad living or having bad injury records.

Are footballers banned from eating sweeties like?

Leishy1995
03-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Leigh Griffiths just tweeted saying he needs a nandos, reckon he's not fit for wolves

MyJo
03-08-2013, 07:49 PM

I'd rather our players were caught with a bag of minstrels and a bottle of irn-bru, than a bag of coke and a bottle of vodka

SMAXXA
03-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Leigh Griffiths just tweeted saying he needs a nandos, reckon he's not fit for wolves

He just STweeted did he. All this bags of sweeties talk makes me feel like i should just start going to the cinema for my entertainment, why do I bother :greengrin

Leishy1995
03-08-2013, 08:11 PM
He just STweeted did he. All this bags of sweeties talk makes me feel like i should just start going to the cinema for my entertainment, why do I bother :greengrin

I've literally no idea what you're talking about. So I'm going to :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
03-08-2013, 08:22 PM

There's no room for that level of common sense on here!! (tut tut smiley)

He couldn't possibly do well at Hibs. That seems to be a 'fact' from what I understand...

Leishy1995
03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Never noticed Leigh tweeted this.

Heisenberg
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Never noticed Leigh tweeted this.

He's obviously just keeping all at Wolves sweet before delivering a big **** you and signing for us on a pre contract in January. Hopefully...

Leishy1995
03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
He's obviously just keeping all at Wolves sweet before delivering a big **** you and signing on a pre contract in Jamuary. Hopefully...

He obviously knows where home is

YehButNoBut
03-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Just saw this tweet (in Spanish) re Claros

LegionariosHN ‏@Legionarioshn 33m (https://twitter.com/Legionarioshn/status/363759457416642561) #ATENCIÓN (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ATENCI%C3%93N&src=hash): Jorge Claros con un pie en el Hibernian escocés de nuevo, "Hibs" al parecer compraría su ficha definitive.

My translation from Spanish says

Jorge Claros with a foot in the Scotch Hibernian again, ' Hibs ' apparently would buy his definitive card.

So does this mean he's coming back or not :greengrin

Heisenberg
03-08-2013, 09:10 PM

LegionariosHN ‏@Legionarioshn 33m (https://twitter.com/Legionarioshn/status/363759457416642561) #ATENCIÓN (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ATENCI%C3%93N&src=hash): Jorge Claros con un pie en el Hibernian escocés de nuevo, "Hibs" al parecer compraría su ficha definitive.

Jorge Claros with a foot in the Scotch Hibernian again, ' Hibs ' apparently would buy his definitive card.

We're buying his definitive card. Whatever that is :greengrin:

GreenCastle
03-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Would love Claros back - Did the Matty Jack role so well and was getting better and better towards the end of the season as he was more settled..

Hopefully something can be worked out - even if another loan.

portycabbage
03-08-2013, 09:14 PM

My spanish isn't great, but that suggests greggs to me for some reason.

greenlex
03-08-2013, 09:14 PM

Bags of Sweeties eh? Stick on to turn up at Norwich.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 04:19 AM
Bit random i suppose but remember the winger Killie had a few year ago, David Silva? Whos he playing for now? Would love it if we signed him he looked really good at Killie :agree:

JustSimplyHibs
04-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Bit random i suppose but remember the winger Killie had a few year ago, David Silva? Whos he playing for now? Would love it if we signed him he looked really good at Killie :agree:

Eh, no. Another inconsistent injury prone player is just what we need. The guy is on par with the likes of AOB, Done and Danny Galbraith (in other words he is p***. He plays (if he gets a game) at a club called Olhanense, Portugal.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Eh, no. Another inconsistent injury prone player is just what we need. The guy is on par with the likes of AOB, Done and Danny Galbraith (in other words he is p***. He plays (if he gets a game) at a club called Olhanense, Portugal.

We'll see ;)

Salisbury Hibby
04-08-2013, 06:30 AM
My spanish knowledge translates this as "Jorge Claros with one foot in a return to Scottish Hibernian, Hibs are apparently willing to buy his contract"

Salisbury Hibby
04-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Has Petrie had a shock from his old toaster, like Tam from Still Game?

Purehibee_MYB
04-08-2013, 06:35 AM
My spanish knowledge translates this as "Jorge Claros with one foot in a return to Scottish Hibernian, Hibs are apparently willing to buy his contract"

Translates what? Don't be getting me excited now I'm just about to go to bed here in Canada

Salisbury Hibby
04-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Translates what? Don't be getting me excited now I'm just about to go to bed here in Canada

I find it hard to selectively quote on my phone. Look upwards in the thread a bit.

Billychaotic182
04-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Has Petrie had a shock from his old toaster, like Tam from Still Game?

No going to lie, this had me laughing

Hibeesmad
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Has Zemamma signed yet? :cb

Iain G
04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Has Zemamma signed yet? :cb

Nah, we are doing alphabetical signings this week: Claros on Monday, Griffiths on Tuesday, Hateley on Wednesday, Webster on Thursday and Zemamma on Friday :wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 11:24 AM

Fair do's. Always looked decent against us. Mind you, with the team we had then it was hard for anyone to look bad!

Tom Hart RIP
04-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Alan maybury new development coach and part of1st team squad. On bench today

brog
04-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Alan maybury new development coach and part of1st team squad. On bench today

Makes sense, good cover, hopefully a good coach & a good guy to have around the club.

JCHibby
04-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Makes sense, good cover, hopefully a good coach & a good guy to have around the club.

Deano making a return??

Scorrie
04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Deano making a return??

Noticed he was in the crowd with his dad. Is Deano out of contract these days?

Heisenberg
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Was rumoured to be getting released but I'm not sure if it happened.

Cod Boy
04-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Dean will be kennys first hibs signing

Hermit Crab
04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Dean will be kennys first hibs signing

Hehe stop it Mr H.

cloudy
04-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Deano coming back is exactly the type of player we need midfield 2 of Claros and KT with Robertson Deano and Craig Supporting Collins

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 11:08 PM

He signed a 4 yrs deal last season with the newco hunz as far as i'm aware

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 11:14 PM
He signed a 4 yrs deal last season with the newco hunz as far as i'm aware

Im sure The Rangers are letting him go? Sure I read it somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong though.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Im sure The Rangers are letting him go? Sure I read it somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong though.

You might be right :dunno: first i've heard

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 11:16 PM

I think he is on around £8k a week if my memory is correct, i wouldn't think he'd be coming to Hibs with our wages.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 11:17 PM
I think he is on around £8k a week if my memory is correct, i wouldn't think he'd be coming to Hibs with our wages.

Crazy money.

Billychaotic182
04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Hibs won't sign anyone now. We have lost confidence in Fenlon so he won't be getting to bring anymore players in. What ever we would have spent will be given to a new manager when Fenlon finally gets the chop. No inside scoop just how I see things playing out

SMAXXA
05-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Hibs won't sign anyone now. We have lost confidence in Fenlon so he won't be getting to bring anymore players in. What ever we would have spent will be given to a new manager when Fenlon finally gets the chop. No inside scoop just how I see things playing out

Nope, we will make more signings

IWasThere2016
05-08-2013, 07:51 AM

Nope, we will make more signings

I agree SMAXXA; but I do see PF leaving also.

IWasThere2016
05-08-2013, 07:52 AM

There has been talk of a settlement being reached and Deano leaving I believe.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2013, 07:53 AM

And it's International break time at the end of August

SMAXXA
05-08-2013, 07:58 AM

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised mate. Watching yesterday's interview it's the first time I have seen him look like a man under real pressure.

Aldo
05-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised mate. Watching yesterday's interview it's the first time I have seen him look like a man under real pressure.

Under pressure and rightly so. His intentions were clear for all to see. No positive changes and when Robertson went off Caldwell should of been on but nope, negativity.

I hope he goes before Sunday cos if he doesn't I can see another Duff Jimmy scenario ala years ago and he has a stay of execution.

We must be one of the easiest teams to play against at the moment, same as last year.

Eternal Hibbie
05-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Under pressure and rightly so. His intentions were clear for all to see. No positive changes and when Robertson went off Caldwell should of been on but nope, negativity.

I hope he goes before Sunday cos if he doesn't I can see another Duff Jimmy scenario ala years ago and he has a stay of execution.

We must be one of the easiest teams to play against at the moment, same as last year.

Pat has taken us as far as he can, he steadied the ship after the Calderclown debacle, saved us from relegation and made us a bob or two on the way to two cup finals though most of us wish there was one final we didn't reach.

His limitations are being exposed now, he lacks the technical nous to take us to the next stage and its obvious for all to see.

We won't be relegated under him but neither will we play the bright entertaining football that will bring back the missing fans and have us challenging for the top two or three.

I think that barring disasters Rod will let him see out the last months of his contract as a recognition of what he achieved.

No chance of Kenny Shiels getting the gig as Rod is an establishment man and Shiels has publically fallen out with them far too often, IMO he would do very well here at a club with far greater resources than Kilmarnock.

Would love to see Deano back, no idea if its probable.

Hermit Crab
05-08-2013, 08:30 AM

They would let him go but any club would have to buy out his contract at rangers. Ian black is in the same position. Except black stands to earn a million quid a year if he stays. Source. Twitter.

BSEJVT
05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Pat has taken us as far as he can, he steadied the ship after the Calderclown debacle, saved us from relegation and made us a bob or two on the way to two cup finals though most of us wish there was one final we didn't reach.

His limitations are being exposed now, he lacks the technical nous to take us to the next stage and its obvious for all to see.

We won't be relegated under him but neither will we play the bright entertaining football that will bring back the missing fans and have us challenging for the top two or three.

I think that barring disasters Rod will let him see out the last months of his contract as a recognition of what he achieved.

No chance of Kenny Shiels getting the gig as Rod is an establishment man and Shiels has publically fallen out with them far too often, IMO he would do very well here at a club with far greater resources than Kilmarnock.

Agree with virtually all you say

I think we are lumbered with Fenlon until either closer to the AGM or if things arent going that badly until next seasons season tickets go on sale.

I dont see us paying to pay him off sooner unless things are desperate. Sadly

Hermit Crab
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM
@AgentScotland: We've been informed Lee Wallace has been offered to Nottingham Forrest and Wigan, The Rangers also still hoping to offload Shiels & Black

SaulGoodman
05-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Agent Scotland :faf:

'Weve been informed'

Leishy1995
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Agent Scotland is the single most reliable source in Scottish football. Everything he says is a guarantee. Not to happen.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Lee Wallace has been offered to Forrest & Wigan :faf:

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Sheils is free to go and Blackie wants away in January.

Diclonius
05-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Getting Shiels in would be decent. Could possibly use him as a makeshift winger against Hearts if Harris is out too. :agree:

hibee19
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Dean Sheils is exactly the type of player we need.

Gmack7
05-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Dean Sheils is exactly the type of player we need.

Far to attack minded

PeterboroHibee
05-08-2013, 02:11 PM
@AgentScotland: We've been informed Lee Wallace has been offered to Nottingham Forrest and Wigan, The Rangers also still hoping to offload Shiels & Black

Wigan have signed two LBs this summer so I dont see why they would have been offered Wallace.

hibee19
05-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Far to attack minded

Ian Black would probably be more Fenlons type of player. We do need a Dean Shiels type though.

pacorosssco
05-08-2013, 02:38 PM

Why to free up wages or out of favour? where does painter think he is going in jan. Hearts are a No wont get 8k anywhere else?

Hermit Crab
05-08-2013, 03:32 PM
@OfficialWolves: Kenny Jackett confirmed today Wolves are in talks to extend the contracts of Leigh Griffiths and Danny Batth.

DAVE1875
05-08-2013, 03:38 PM
@OfficialWolves: Kenny Jackett confirmed today Wolves are in talks to extend the contracts of Leigh Griffiths and Danny Batth.

Hopefully Leigh nuts Kenny, punches Joe Gallen to the ground, grabs his stuff from his locker and then speeds away from training in his car :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Why to free up wages or out of favour? where does painter think he is going in jan. Hearts are a No wont get 8k anywhere else?

Neither of them will get anywhere near that sort of money elsewhere. Not something I usually condone (I do think they are mercenaries for going there in the first place), but if (at the time Third division!!) Rangers were stupid enough to offer them each £8k a week I say they should stick it out!

Unless there is some contractual/legal get out clause, Rangers would have to offer them the full pay off, or an amount the player finds acceptable, so why would either of them walk away from that?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Would like us to sign a winger, Zavon Hines or Kyel Reid anyone? Bags of pace.

Edit: Omar Daley also. Bit old though.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-08-2013, 05:08 PM

With Shiels I think it's a case of freeing up wages. Black isn't on 8k either.

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Seriously where do people get this ****. Hibs were 8th/9th with a win or two from the top 6 when he took over before slumping to the bottom two because it took him about 10 attempts to win a game. Why do people make things up in his favour when he's one of the worst managers in our history. :confused:

Hibby70
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
It's bad enough we already have one player with one eye without signing another.

Eternal Hibbie
05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Seriously where do people get this ****. Hibs were 8th/9th with a win or two from the top 6 when he took over before slumping to the bottom two because it took him about 10 attempts to win a game. Why do people make things up in his favour when he's one of the worst managers in our history. :confused:

If that's the case my memory is playing mind games with me and I would like to offer my sincere apologies to Mr Colin Calderwood who, it seems, did far better in his Hibs tenure than I had thought.

Would also take this opportunity to apologise to you if I have caused offence over our current manager.

:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

littleplum
05-08-2013, 05:45 PM

That's one way of remembering it, I suppose. Another would be that we were one point off the bottom, one home win all season and fresh from a home defeat by the worst side in the division. Let's not rewrite history- it was a seriously bad team that Fenlon took over. Whether he is done as well as could reasonably be expected from that is what should be debated.

nribs
05-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Would like us to sign a winger, Zavon Hines or Kyel Reid anyone? Bags of pace.
Both ex Bradford? I guess you know a little about them?

EX Hibee Scougal looks a cracking player every time I see him

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Both ex Bradford? I guess you know a little about them?

EX Hibee Scougal looks a cracking player every time I see him

Yeah both Ex Bradford:agree:
Scougall looks a brilliant player!

SaulGoodman
05-08-2013, 06:42 PM
LEIGH GRIFFITHS UPDATE:

A fake Leigh Griffiths Facebook account just posted this:

"Not been on this in a while, Missing all you hibees GGTTH"

Is this it?! Is he really coming home?!

snooky
05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
LEIGH GRIFFITHS UPDATE:

A fake Leigh Griffiths Facebook account just posted this:

"Not been on this in a while, Missing all you hibees GGTTH"

Is this it?! Is he really coming home?!

Maybe the fake guy is coming home instead :cool2:

Hibby70
05-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Happyhibee - get a grip of what? You obviously didn't get it.

hibee_nation
05-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Happyhibee - get a grip of what? You obviously didn't get it.

Nope nobody got it including me. Why not tell us instead of everyone thinking you are a pratt.

MSK
05-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Nope nobody got it including me. Why not tell us instead of everyone thinking you are a pratt.

Happyhibee - get a grip of what? You obviously didn't get it.See, I wasn't the only one not to get it ..come on then ..wheres the punchline ..:confused:

Hibby70

You responding on behalf of everyone are you?

Hibby70
Now you've ruined my joke.

Hibby70
05-08-2013, 07:13 PM
But if you are "all" upset by it I'll leave it there. Apologies if anyone was genuinely upset. It was a historical quip.

hibee_nation
05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
You responding on behalf of everyone are you?

No i was responding in far politer terms than the other 3 or 4 posts that were deleted enquiring what you were on about as they found your post extremely distasteful. No harm done i'm sure your joke was an absolute belter pity it went over our heads.

SMAXXA
05-08-2013, 09:34 PM
But if you are "all" upset by it I'll leave it there. Apologies if anyone was genuinely upset. It was a historical quip.

Wana enlighten us into you're joke then, I'm not sure you even have one tbh. Regardless, it was stupid.

Spike Mandela
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Wana enlighten us into you're joke then, I'm not sure you even have one tbh. Regardless, it was stupid.

Admiral NELSON.

Hibby70
05-08-2013, 10:01 PM

Stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehole , of course it was stupid.

I've already said sorry if it offended anyone but you bash on.

Prawn Sandwich
05-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Griffiths in talks to extend his contract at Wolves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23580496

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Griffiths in talks to extend his contract at Wolves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23580496

Good luck to him whatever happens :aok:

Cabbage East
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Good luck to him, deserves it :aok:

He deserves to play in league one? Yeah, what an honour for him :rolleyes:

You should post less, you've not stopped since you joined. It's just slavers.

Squealing pig
05-08-2013, 10:21 PM

This

DH1875
05-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Good luck to him, deserves it :aok:

He's off his head if he signs a new contract with them.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 10:26 PM

Still deserves a chance and want him to do well regardless of what league he's playing in, obviously I'd LOVE him to come back to us though.

P.s - I don't care what you think about my posts, if you don't like them don't read them, simples :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 10:27 PM
He's off his head if he signs a new contract with them.

I know mate :agree:

Heisenberg
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM

**** sake. Since when were you in charge?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 10:30 PM
This

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 10:40 PM
**** sake. Since when were you in charge?

Watch it ........ he no I um :cb

SaulGoodman
05-08-2013, 11:00 PM

No need.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-08-2013, 07:44 AM
New striker being brought in .....possibly a loan deal....source =newsnow

Hermit Crab
06-08-2013, 07:45 AM

Wolves will give him 5-6X what hibs will. If he signs new deal then yes good luck to him.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2013, 07:46 AM
New striker being brought in .....possibly a loan deal....source =newsnow

Link?

Aldo
06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
News now have Taken it from yesterday's Daily record gossip HC

HIBERNIAN: Pat Fenlon could be looking at bringing in another striker on loan to partner new arrival James Collins.

IanM
06-08-2013, 07:53 AM

HIBERNIAN: Pat Fenlon could be looking at bringing in another striker on loan to partner new arrival James Collins.

haha.. be nice if the gave us actual gossip though rather than just hibs need more strikers..

IWasThere2016
06-08-2013, 08:09 AM

I think it will be a loanee (Don't tell Meh but i think Leigh will join in January :wink:)

Aldo
06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
I think it will be a loanee (Don't tell Meh but i think Leigh will join in January :wink:)

Cheers for that. Would confirm what had been posted yesterday bout newbie??

Yeah Meh should be banned for mentioning him. Excellent if true G.

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2013, 08:17 AM

And coming back to the mighty SPFL would have been?

I personally think its a good move for him. Hes still very young and needs to play games, and he should score for fun in that league. Sadly (for our game) English football is the place to be if you want a successful financial career, but you also need to be careful where you go to. If Griffiths had aimed too high (like he did when he first went to Wolves), he may have ended up being swallowed up like so many players, and his career may have stalled. You have to fancy Wolves to get out of the division so next year he could be in the Championship with them, or at a bigger club if he has impressed.

I say good luck to him. Hopefully he can keep his head down and focus on football.

scoopyboy
06-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Wolves will give him 5-6X what hibs will. If he signs new deal then yes good luck to him.

So if Hibs say were going to pay Leigh 3k per week you reckon Wolves will be offering him 15 to 18k a week.

Not a snawba's chance in hell mate.

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 08:39 AM
The bottom line is that in todays market we can't afford to pay Leigh what he deserves. So yes, good luck to him

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 08:41 AM

Has Vine been dropped already?!

Aldo
06-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Has Vine been dropped already?!

Just piss poor journalism tbh!

Zazu62
06-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Do we really need another striker? We already have Collins,Caldwell,Vine and Handling.. What about someone who can play on the wing ?

Deek01
06-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Do we really need another striker? We already have Collins,Caldwell,Vine and Handling.. What about someone who can play on the wing ?

Matt Done still without a club? :greengrin

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 08:51 AM

Thought we were signing McCourt. :greengrin

hibees 7062
06-08-2013, 08:53 AM

Done re-signed for Rochdale (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Rochdale_A.F.C.) on a one-year contract on 8 July 2013 , even hes no coming :greengrin

Beefster
06-08-2013, 08:54 AM

Signed for some lower league team in England. Missed opportunity.

Just_Jimmy
06-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Yes.

Looked decent, unproven still, not convinced tbh, garbage.

Brightside
06-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Yes.

Looked decent, unproven still, not convinced tbh, garbage.

Garbage? What a great fan base we have now! Give him a chance upfront and see how he gets on before spouting this bile. We need attacking midfielders who can create chances for our many strikers.

J-C
06-08-2013, 09:31 AM

He's on around £5k at Wolves at the moment, any new contract will see him get to around £6-7k

Bostonhibby
06-08-2013, 09:33 AM

Pity, if he'd been quicker he could have filled the Alan O'Brien role.:wink:

Hermit Crab
06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
He's on around £5k at Wolves at the moment, any new contract will see him get to around £6-7k

Which is still more than we can pay if your figures are correct.

hibees 7062
06-08-2013, 10:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DWU-86N94bc

Heard its this guy on loan . Sauce , guy that runs Hibs girls team

Col2
06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Which is still more than we can pay if your figures are correct.

All depends on the deal. He may get say £6.5k a week for new 3 year deal at wolves versus say a 3 year deal on £3.5k at Hibs, signing on fee and 25% of future transfer fee. A £1.5m move after 2 years would net him £375k and overall he would be financially better off at Hibs.

Risk that he isn't sold and therefore loses out but still allows him to play with his boyhood team!

hibsmad
06-08-2013, 10:36 AM

We don't look like we could score in a barrel of fannies so I would still say yes.

SaulGoodman
06-08-2013, 10:57 AM

:hyper:

GGTTH07
06-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Leigh's not joining, signed a new two year deal

Brightside
06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Leigh's not joining, signed a new two year deal

We've been saying he wont come back for ages now. Despite what people "knew"

Aldo
06-08-2013, 11:10 AM
:hyper:

O dear!!! Meh have you seen what's happened mate??

Viva_Palmeiras
06-08-2013, 11:15 AM
So Did Ché Petrie get out-bluffed? Tbf didn't we call out when we'd checked out of the bidding ?

Hermit Crab
06-08-2013, 11:19 AM
So who's training with us then?

SaulGoodman
06-08-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm fine.

Honest.

Aldo
06-08-2013, 11:22 AM
So who's training with us then?

Someone has alluded to it being a former player.

hibees 7062
06-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Someone has alluded to it being a former player.

From a family member of mine who got it from a family member of said former player

Aldo
06-08-2013, 11:30 AM
From a family member of mine who got it from a family member of said former player

Cheers fur that mate. So is it Shiels for defo

hibees 7062
06-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Cheers fur that mate. So is it Shiels for defo

Its all down to Rangers mate they want him of the books

The Sundance Kid
06-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Just said along the bottom on Sky Sports News that Sky Sports understands Paddy McCourt is in training with us :hmmm:

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Just said along the bottom on Sky Sports News that Sky Sports understands Paddy McCourt is in training with us :hmmm:

Just seen that, this could be brilliant. :pfgwa

lochhibs
06-08-2013, 12:35 PM
just spoke to a rangers fan.he says shiels is injured and still a bit away from fitness.

Heisenberg
06-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Shiels has been at the last couple of games. Probably just because he still lives near the ground I'd think?

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 12:46 PM
just spoke to a rangers fan.he says shiels is injured and still a bit away from fitness.

He's back in training but no, not match fit

Hermit Crab
06-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Shiels has been at the last couple of games. Probably just because he still lives near the ground I'd think?

Sure Kenny Shiels stays in powderhall.

StevieC
06-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Clearly, the weakest part of the team is the defence .. and yet there isn't a single signing rumour that suggests that this problem is getting resolved. :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Clearly, the weakest part of the team is the defence .. and yet there isn't a single signing rumour that suggests that this problem is getting resolved. :rolleyes:

We haven't scored a goal in 270 minutes of competitive football thus far this season (or indeed created many chances), so it's hard to make categorical statements like that, I would think. Worth noting as well that three quarters of our first choice back four has been injured recently too, and Nelson was only signed last week.

This place would meltdown even further if were to sign another defender ahead of an attack minded player.

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2013, 01:26 PM
We haven't scored a goal in 270 minutes of competitive football thus far this season (or indeed created many chances), so it's hard to make categorical statements like that, I would think. Worth noting as well that three quarters of our first choice back four has been injured recently too, and Nelson was only signed last week.

This place would meltdown even further if were to sign another defender ahead of an attack minded player.

When fit/not suspended we have 9 players (10 including Stevenson) for 4 positions, which is quite a lot.

I think if we offered more of a threat going forward and didnt give the ball away so easily there would be less pressure on the defence. As you say, not exactly a priority at the moment.

SaulGoodman
06-08-2013, 01:27 PM

:faf:

What, apart from signing Nelson, McGivern to come back from injury and Maybury re-signing?

Lets ignore the fact we've not scored competitively since the Dundee game last season.

Waxy
06-08-2013, 01:31 PM
When was the last time a current first eleven Hibs player scored for Hibs?

Diclonius
06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
When was the last time a current first eleven Hibs player scored for Hibs?

Robertson against Kilmarnock.

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Tras El Balon ‏@Traselbalon 46m (https://twitter.com/Traselbalon/status/364733228369711104) Liga Nacional
Motagua: Le da ultimatum a Jorge Claros si no se da nada esta semana en el extranjero debe volver a Motagua

Basically this means that Motagua have given an ultimatum that either Claros will be back at Hibs this week or he will stay with Motagua.

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Tras El Balon ‏@Traselbalon 46m (https://twitter.com/Traselbalon/status/364733228369711104) Liga Nacional
Motagua: Le da ultimatum a Jorge Claros si no se da nada esta semana en el extranjero debe volver a Motagua

Basically this means that Motagua have given an ultimatum that either Claros will be back at Hibs this week or he will stay with Motagua.

Whats the ultimatum based on though? The (albeit dodgy) translation makes it sound like its up to Claros where he goes.

IanM
06-08-2013, 01:59 PM

Who's given them the ultimatum? themselves? he's either going to play for us or he's going to hibs.. am i reading this right? haha sorry a bit confused

Diclonius
06-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I expect Claros will stay at Motagua as he'll not be too happy that his cherished #8 has been given away. :wink:

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Who's given them the ultimatum? themselves? he's either going to play for us or he's going to hibs.. am i reading this right? haha sorry a bit confused

That's what I make of it, the tweet doesn't actually say Hibs it says abroad, but I'm taking it that if he moves abroad it will be to Hibs. :greengrin

Looks like whatever happens Motagua want his future decided this week.

Iceman1875
06-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Whatever happened to our link with Killen?

The_Exile
06-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Whatever happened to our link with Killen?

It probably got injured :greengrin

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 03:32 PM
The Bates deal is off, we couldn't agree personal terms

Aldo
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM

Thot that deal was on the back burner after we signed Nelson. Money must be there tho.

StevieC
:faf:

What, apart from signing Nelson, McGivern to come back from injury and Maybury re-signing?

Nice to see you :faf: .. but really, any need?

So basically, with the exception of Nelson, you are happy with the same defence as last season?

IMO if it wasn't for the heroics of Williams we'd have had one of the worst defensive records in the league.

Hermit Crab

Baws

SteveHFC
06-08-2013, 03:38 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ff273702e8152ba135662c17025a00ff/tumblr_mj3s54oZHm1s7pukvo1_500.gif

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 03:39 PM

He sounded a good player but would have been a big risk with the number of knee injuries he has had, not to bothered about missing out on him.

jdships
06-08-2013, 03:43 PM
He sounded a good player but would have been a big risk with the number of knee injuries he has had, not to bothered about missing out on him.

Heard this morning via EM that while he did not " fail" the medical there were concerns about his long term fitness .
Sounds an acceptable reason :wink:

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Rumour that Andy Webster is heading to Coventry, thought they would have had an embargo placed on them but apparently not.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/35107-Andy-Webster

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Heard this morning via EM that while he did not " fail" the medical there were concerns about his long term fitness .

Hes 26 and had what, 5 quite serious knee injuries? I dont think we could have justified offering any decent deal when as you say, there would be no long term certainty for us over his fitness.

Id rather see Forster given the chance and the money used elsewhere.

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 03:50 PM

I didn't hear there were any fitness concerns just he want too much cash and we didn't follow this up as a result.

jacomo
06-08-2013, 04:30 PM

I really need someone to explain Hibs' transfer strategy because I am utterly perplexed. Here is a player who did great for us last year, it would seem his club still think he could be playing with us next season, yet it's still not sorted. Meanwhile we signed OTJ for the bench.

Allant1981
06-08-2013, 04:35 PM
I really need someone to explain Hibs' transfer strategy because I am utterly perplexed. Here is a player who did great for us last year, it would seem his club still think he could be playing with us next season, yet it's still not sorted. Meanwhile we signed OTJ for the bench.

Even though jones started last week

bigwheel
06-08-2013, 04:36 PM

OTJ started on Saturday...I'm sure if he up his game (which he can) he'll start regularly...it's in the players hands...

superfurryhibby
06-08-2013, 04:48 PM

If Claros was a probable signing then why did we sign OTJ in the first place? I'm ******g baffled by it all. Fenlon's fetishes defy explanation. How many defensive minded midfielders can he put on the pitch at anyone time?

snooky
06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
If Claros was a probable signing then why did we sign OTJ in the first place? I'm ******g baffled by it all. Fenlon's fetishes defy explanation. How many defensive minded midfielders can he put on the pitch at anyone time?

Ten, and methinks he might try it this weekend. :ostrich:

MyJo
06-08-2013, 05:31 PM

Its been mentioned that the delay is at the honduras end and Hibs were hoping to having it sorted before the season started with Claros. He has another year on his contract there and trying to get him released from that might be the stumbling block.

OTJ started on saturday and IMO didnt do too bad but i think that Fenlon didnt expect us to keep Thomson this season either and OTJ was meant as a replacement for him.

Andy74
06-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Maybe because we have also lost the likes of Deegan and OTJ gives us another wee dimension with his height. It's about building a squad and we will need cover all over the park. Not quite sure what you are baffled about. You'd want better than 7th right, but wouldn't change last years midfield at all?

snooky
06-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Its been mentioned that the delay is at the honduras end and Hibs were hoping to having it sorted before the season started with Claros. He has another year on his contract there and trying to get him released from that might be the stumbling block.

OTJ started on saturday and IMO didnt do too bad but i think that Fenlon didnt expect us to keep Thomson this season either and OTJ was meant as a replacement for him.

Aha :idea: .... that's why he never showed up on Sunday.

hibs supporter
06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
not a rumour was just wondering if we could find a player like bamba again in the first division for cheap

Franck Stanton
06-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Not a rumour as such, but heard that McCourt is only training with us to keep his fitness levels up as he is 99% going to the US of A when their season starts again. Seemingly this info came from his brother-in-law who is also his agent. Wouldn't stop him signing up 'till Feb as the MSL doesn't start back till March.

Mikey
06-08-2013, 07:56 PM
not a rumour was just wondering if we could find a player like bamba again in the first division for cheap

I'm not sure if the server would cope if Hibs signed a first division player :greengrin

jabis
06-08-2013, 07:57 PM
I know, it was destroyed.

We did sign a Finn (based in England for 11 years)
A Gambian (who had been in England for two years prior to Hibs)
Lastly, the Honduran who was scouted by the old Huns before we stole him.

Hardly amounts to overseas scouting.

Just to confirm though I'm not having a dig at Patrick.

fair play :agree:

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Not a rumour as such, but heard that McCourt is only training with us to keep his fitness levels up as he is 99% going to the US of A when their season starts again. Seemingly this info came from his brother-in-law who is also his agent. Wouldn't stop him signing up 'till Feb as the MSL doesn't start back till March.

Did you read this from the bbc sport report like :wink:, that's what the story said

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Looking like Claros may be heading to the MLS

leo briseno ‏@BrisenoLeo Sources say hondurian player will sign with Mls in a couple hours? What team? What player is unclear source #LegionCatracha (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LegionCatracha&src=hash) @mlstransfers (https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers)

leo briseno ‏@BrisenoLeo @MLSTransfers (https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers) its either Jorge Claros or Roger Martinez for sure.

C ‏@cswearngin Jorge Claros to MLS (KC) noise starting to re-heat. #SKC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SKC&src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS&src=hash)

Heisenberg
06-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Looking like Claros may be heading to the MLS

leo briseno ‏@BrisenoLeo Sources say hondurian player will sign with Mls in a couple hours? What team? What player is unclear source #LegionCatracha (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LegionCatracha&src=hash) @mlstransfers (https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers)

leo briseno ‏@BrisenoLeo @MLSTransfers (https://twitter.com/MLSTransfers) its either Jorge Claros or Roger Martinez for sure.

C ‏@cswearngin Jorge Claros to MLS (KC) noise starting to re-heat. #SKC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SKC&src=hash) #MLS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MLS&src=hash)

Seems it was some boy called Alexander Lopez.

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Sounds like Claros will not be coming back to ER

C ‏@cswearngin 3m (https://twitter.com/cswearngin/status/364856845124370432) @GgttHxx (https://twitter.com/GgttHxx) Check this article: http://www.hondurassoccer.com/jorge-claros-se-ha-integrado-este-martes-a-los-entrenamientos-de-motagua/ … (http://t.co/V0Llq8Esuo) Says Hibs are out. Either Motagua accepts MLS offer or he stays in Honduras.

Claros rules out Hibs, will either play for Sporting KC or stay with current club.

http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/8/6/4595528/claros-rules-out-hibs-will-either-play-for-sporting-kc-or-stay-with#comments

Heisenberg
06-08-2013, 09:24 PM
He is a tremendous player and he'd be our best defensive midfielder but if we can't get a deal sorted then fair enough. Other areas need targeted too.

cloudy
06-08-2013, 09:33 PM
McCourt 5 month deal Kenny miller on loan until Feb Deano on a permanent contract that will do for now but what happens in Feb when miller and McCourt leave

SaulGoodman
06-08-2013, 09:36 PM
McCourt 5 month deal Kenny miller on loan until Feb Deano on a permanent contract that will do for now but what happens in Feb when miller and McCourt leave

Never mind that, what happens when your drugs run out and we sign none of them? :greengrin

Time For Heroes
06-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Never mind that, what happens when your drugs run out and we sign none of them? :greengrin

Deep depression? ;0)

Cabbage East
06-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Seek help.

Callum_62
06-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I thought someone ITK said Claros was choking to come back to Hibs - I dont think he would rule us out to be honest....not if potentially that meant staying in Honduras

We will see

Purehibee_MYB
07-08-2013, 01:58 AM

Last ditch attempt for Bale and Suarez as well?

Time For Heroes
07-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Last ditch attempt for Bale and Suarez as well?

Suarez?!
Wouldn't want him, not Hibs class. ;0)

YehButNoBut
07-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Suarez?!
Wouldn't want him, not Hibs class. ;0)

Would add more bite up front

calamitus
07-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Sounds like Claros will not be coming back to ER

C ‏@cswearngin 3m (https://twitter.com/cswearngin/status/364856845124370432) @GgttHxx (https://twitter.com/GgttHxx) Check this article: http://www.hondurassoccer.com/jorge-claros-se-ha-integrado-este-martes-a-los-entrenamientos-de-motagua/ … (http://t.co/V0Llq8Esuo) Says Hibs are out. Either Motagua accepts MLS offer or he stays in Honduras.

Claros rules out Hibs, will either play for Sporting KC or stay with current club.

http://www.thedailywiz.com/2013/8/6/4595528/claros-rules-out-hibs-will-either-play-for-sporting-kc-or-stay-with#comments

Couldn't actually see anywhere in his quote where he said we were out of the running - just in the title

Grizz
07-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Surprised we're not being linked with Peter Thompson, pretty prolific striker at Linfield & soon to be out of contract. Sure he was linked with both us and Aberdeen before he went to Stockport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Thompson_%28Northern_Ireland_footballer%29

Judas Iscariot
07-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I thought someone ITK said Claros was choking to come back to Hibs - I dont think he would rule us out to be honest....not if potentially that meant staying in Honduras

We will see

Change Claros to Griffiths...

Same outcome I reckon

Thomson
08-08-2013, 06:03 PM
No more rumors?
Outwith Paddy McCourt training with us and Claros hopefully coming back, are there any more rumors on the transfer front? :dunno:

YehButNoBut
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Dean Shiels :greengrin

Thomson
08-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Dean Shiels :greengrin

Oh Aye. :embarrass

:tee hee:

RoxburghHibs
08-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm sure I read Chris Baird is training with Hibs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Baird

Del Boy
08-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Mark Wilson ex Celtic is a free agent and meant to be interesting a few SPL clubs. Good right back, we could do lot worse.