PDA

View Full Version : The Hibernians - Monthly DD Scheme to back the club

GoldenEagle
22-06-2013, 07:29 AM
I've read on here that a number of posters would 'definitely' use a monthly DD scheme to give funds to the club and I've also read that they don't like the idea of the Hibs Lotto as not every penny goes to the club.

So, fellow Hibbies I give you 'The Hibernians' which although has been set up for youth development it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if this area is fully funded by fans then it frees up additional cash for the manager.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HYBS/0,,10290,00.html

If anyone from LWT or Hibs is reading this then let's get this on the front page on the main site, promote it and have a system where a DD can be set up electronically rather than downloading forms and posting.

KdyHby
22-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Just joined this week as a result of reading about it on here. (and donated £35 towards Kicks for Kids)

3pm
22-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Think I might do it.

Gerard
22-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I am a member and think it is a good idea

Hibernia Na Eir
22-06-2013, 08:11 AM
any links to donate?

KdyHby
22-06-2013, 08:12 AM
any links to donate?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/1f/ab/0,,10290~174879,00.pdf

Suggested minimum monthly donation £10 (I personally opted for £20)

GraniteCityHibs
22-06-2013, 08:13 AM
I will be joining this

down-the-slope
22-06-2013, 08:22 AM
I've read on here that a number of posters would 'definitely' use a monthly DD scheme to give funds to the club and I've also read that they don't like the idea of the Hibs Lotto as not every penny goes to the club.

So, fellow Hibbies I give you 'The Hibernians' which although has been set up for youth development it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if this area is fully funded by fans then it frees up additional cash for the manager.

If anyone from LWT or Hibs is reading this then let's get this on the front page on the main site, promote it and have a system where a DD can be set up electronically rather than downloading forms and posting.

We have individuals who are involved with The Hibernians as part of LWT already. Its in effect son of Club 86 and IS a great way to fund the next generation which not only gives us players to watch develop into the first team but also has and will provide the transfer fees that we as a club need to thrive in the current climate.

Also last two cup finals those who have been members have been given priority for tickets (no guarantee of this in future but club have recognised this important contribution thus far)

There have been discussions about doing some form of promotion for the scheme to raise awareness

GoldenEagle
22-06-2013, 08:55 AM
We have individuals who are involved with The Hibernians as part of LWT already. Its in effect son of Club 86 and IS a great way to fund the next generation which not only gives us players to watch develop into the first team but also has and will provide the transfer fees that we as a club need to thrive in the current climate.

Also last two cup finals those who have been members have been given priority for tickets (no guarantee of this in future but club have recognised this important contribution thus far)

There have been discussions about doing some form of promotion for the scheme to raise awareness

Quick question, how easy is The Hibernians link to find on the www.hibernianfc.co.uk ? Answer is that it's almost impossible, if you know someone from Hibs then can you ask them to put a permanent visible link on the front page?

Big_Franck
22-06-2013, 09:00 AM
As someone above has said, if we could get an electronic system set up where people can complete the direct debit application online that would make it much easier, and is likely to increase the take up.

I don't see why we couldn't have something similar for a 'Manager's Fund' running at the same time though.

WHUHibs
22-06-2013, 09:09 AM

I think your missing the point about the lottery without taking away anything that you are doing in addition to this.

The lottery s a fantastic idea and was designed to capture two things:

1. Supporters who already play the lottery each week supporting other causes can switch to the hibs one. This being linked to the German lottery means that he prize fund is substantial. Arsenal already use the same scheme and it is successful.

2. Players who might not do the lottery but would like to contribute to the club and have a chance to
Win something substantial.

From what I understand the regularity of sales provide an income stream for the club from people who already play the lottery and can you imagine the Prize fund if we did it ourselves, it would not be worth doing as the take up and lapse ration could be significant. People in general are used to playing the lottery if they have the money to do so.

It's great to have schemes tht our neighbours an only dream about and I'm very proud of the contributions LWT as made to the club in addition to everything else our supporters do. One club, one team and one group of fantastic supporters!:thumbsup:

GoldenEagle
22-06-2013, 09:14 AM
As someone above has said, if we could get an electronic system set up where people can complete the direct debit application online that would make it much easier, and is likely to increase the take up.

I don't see why we couldn't have something similar for a 'Manager's Fund' running at the same time though.

I agree, I'm sitting here right now and I'd probably hit the 'donate' button if there was one!

down-the-slope
22-06-2013, 09:35 AM
I agree, I'm sitting here right now and I'd probably hit the 'donate' button if there was one!

I think there is maybe a lack of understanding of the cost of setting up something like this (the point being made by some about lottery is the admin costs that don't go to Hibs) which with a low take up costs in hard cash and opportunity quite a lot. There are also the legal and regulatory stuff that comes with collecting info online.

These were some of the reasons that the Lottery was outsourced.

Just so its not missed...best way to support club...buy tickets for games..systems all in place all money (less vat) goes to club...fuller stadium helps team...

Anything else should be additional

GoldenEagle
22-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I think there is maybe a lack of understanding of the cost of setting up something like this (the point being made by some about lottery is the admin costs that don't go to Hibs) which with a low take up costs in hard cash and opportunity quite a lot. There are also the legal and regulatory stuff that comes with collecting info online.

Just so its not missed...best way to support club...buy tickets for games..systems all in place all money (less vat) goes to club...fuller stadium helps team...

I don't want to deflect away from the main of the OP but i would like to understand why a system which FoH are using cannot be replicated for The Hibernians or a Managers Fund. Wouldn't Hibs be the third party and the merchant would be responsible for collecting the data and Hibs only interaction would be to receive the monthly credits?

https://gocardless.com

I do use Hibs lottery but with only 26% going to the club I am seriously thinking of cancelling.

Big_Franck
22-06-2013, 09:55 AM

I think we all agree with that but there will be hundreds, if not thousands, of Hibs fans who for whatever reason can't make it to games. We should be making it as easy as possible for these fans to subscribe to schemes like this online. If the goons at FOH can do it surely the club can manage it as well?

Brooster
22-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I think we all agree with that but there will be hundreds, if not thousands, of Hibs fans who for whatever reason can't make it to games. We should be making it as easy as possible for these fans to subscribe to schemes like this online. If the goons at FOH can do it surely the club can manage it as well?

Down the slope is spot on. Buying tickets for matches is the best way to support the club. These hundreds if not thousands of fans you talk about could surely buy one or many match tickets online. Its a simple thing to do.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-06-2013, 10:51 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/1f/ab/0,,10290~174879,00.pdf

Suggested minimum monthly donation £10 (I personally opted for £20)

cheers.
with all the talk of money raising over at the poor ghetto @ Gorgie, I think I'll put some money Hibees way :)

Eyrie
22-06-2013, 02:13 PM
I've already said I'd chip in for the Manager's Fund if it's set up, but if not then I've decided I'll join this instead.

whiskyhibby
22-06-2013, 03:30 PM
I have donated since the schemes inception and very happy to do so, it's a great way to support the club and the next generation of potential Hibs greats

:flag::hibees

HibbyRod
22-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I am along with others involved with promoting The Hibernians.

In my opinion it is one of the best ways all Hibernian fans can contribute to the prosperity and well being of the development of our Academy.

Surely it has got to be the main thrust of bringing through our "own grown" players with all that can bring to the betterment and development of our wonderful Club.

I have not been aware that it has been an issue for contributors finding it difficult to contribute easily. However, with that in mind, I will speak to Bill Hendry (the Academy Director) and Katrina McGregor/Russell Smith on Monday morning and try to get this sorted.

Cheers,
Rod.

FranckSuzy
22-06-2013, 09:02 PM
I would personally like donations to a 'manager's fund' to
go directly to PF or if that is not feasible, Kicks for Kids instead.
IMHO the youth team is already catered for but by donating to KfK's
it's a win-win scenario. All monies raised by ST sales go
directly to PF and those who contribute are keeping alive
the Hibernian tradition of helping those less fortunate than
themselves. LWT are trying to find the best 'fit' for existing
schemes or indeed new initiatives but welcome feedback.
Anyone who is interested in contributing monthly then please
PM me as work is ongoing. Also, if anyone would like to
become more involved in LWT, please advise here or by PM.

Edit: apologies for the formatting, on the mobile :)

Big_Franck
22-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Down the slope is spot on. Buying tickets for matches is the best way to support the club. These hundreds if not thousands of fans you talk about could surely buy one or many match tickets online. Its a simple thing to do.

That is just making it more difficult for people to contribute though, which was exactly my point above. Someone who lives/works a fair distance from Edinburgh is unlikely to go on to the Hibs website once a month to buy a ticket to a game they aren't going to attend. It's not just going to happen in any decent numbers.

If fans can quickly sign up for a monthly direct debit online for The Hibernian or a Managers Fund, we would without a doubt generate more income.

Stevie Reid
22-06-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm in for a tenner a month.

FranckSuzy
22-06-2013, 10:35 PM
One of the things I've been looking into for LWT is a method where fans can pay monthly/by direct debit/anyway possible in fact :). It has to be cheap to administer/run correctly (not like our Gorgie chum's past efforts) & be in line with the club's ideals. There are a couple of possibilities in the pipeline just now ;)

down-the-slope
22-06-2013, 10:40 PM
That is just making it more difficult for people to contribute though, which was exactly my point above. Someone who lives/works a fair distance from Edinburgh is unlikely to go on to the Hibs website once a month to buy a ticket to a game they aren't going to attend. It's not just going to happen in any decent numbers.

If fans can quickly sign up for a monthly direct debit online for The Hibernian or a Managers Fund, we would without a doubt generate more income.

But many individuals do buy (pay by 10 month scheme) for a ST in the full knowledge that they won't make all / many / any games - they do it to support their team.

Anyone can do this - the point im making is that there is a cost to every scheme set up that could be avoided if people just bought tickets / ST's (whether they can use them or not...or contribute to KFK......

FranckSuzy
22-06-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm in for a tenner a month.
Stevie, thanks for your post. I'm currently compiling a spreadsheet
of potential donations to a fund for LWT. Would it be ok to add you
to it, so we have a running total? If course, nothing is set in
stone at present :)

matty_f
22-06-2013, 11:09 PM
But many individuals do buy (pay by 10 month scheme) for a ST in the full knowledge that they won't make all / many / any games - they do it to support their team.

Anyone can do this - the point im making is that there is a cost to every scheme set up that could be avoided if people just bought tickets / ST's (whether they can use them or not...or contribute to KFK......

We should have collection tins at the food kiosks etc, I bet folk would chuck some cash in from whatever change they get. Probably not a huge amount of cash but a very cheap and easy way for folk to contribute.

Stevie Reid
22-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Stevie, thanks for your post. I'm currently compiling a spreadsheet
of potential donations to a fund for LWT. Would it be ok to add you
to it, so we have a running total? If course, nothing is set in
stone at present :)

Of course mate :)

FranckSuzy
23-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Of course mate :)

Thanks Stevie.

Anyone else?! ;)

HH81
23-06-2013, 08:23 AM
I have donated since the schemes inception and very happy to do so, it's a great way to support the club and the next generation of potential Hibs greats

:flag::hibees

I too have been in it a long time, infact I remember ringing for semi tickets and the lady said she remembered my name and how long I had been paying in :greengrin

FifeHibernian
23-06-2013, 09:32 AM
I reckon I'll do this actually

Tyler Durden
23-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Where can more detail on Kicks for Kids be found?

KdyHby
23-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Where can more detail on Kicks for Kids be found?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853083,00.html

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?266078-*****hibs-net-Kicks-For-Kids-Fundraiser-For-2013-14-(8-Tickets-Bought)*****

CB_NO3
23-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Is the Hibs.Net paypal account still working? I would happily put money into this depending on how rich am feeling. Some months maybe £20 and some months £5. Sure every little helps.

Eyrie
23-06-2013, 10:41 AM
We should have collection tins at the food kiosks etc, I bet folk would chuck some cash in from whatever change they get. Probably not a huge amount of cash but a very cheap and easy way for folk to contribute.
The amount of money raised would be very small so I doubt it would be worthwhile doing for the club's benefit.

However doing the same thing with the money going to a nominated local/Scottish charity each game would be a good piece of PR for the club.

FranckSuzy
23-06-2013, 10:46 AM
On holiday just now but will be post tomorrow about getting
an a/c set up. LWT have been in dialogue about this very issue.

LWT, not stepping on toes but surely we need to pay heed
to the consensus here? Was holding back posting but in the absence
of anyone in the group getting back, I felt I had to respond.

The Hibernian Community Foundation support our involvement so let's get Rod up to the magical 3, 000 figure and help disadvantaged
children at the same time. GGTTH.

marinello59
23-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Anybody else reading this thinking that all the managers fund DD system is going to do is hijack funds from the Hibernians scheme? That's how it's reading to me.:confused:

Eyrie
23-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I think people would sign up for one or the other - doubt that anyone would cancel their DD to Hibernians if the Manager's Fund goes ahead.

hibeenicol
23-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Anybody else reading this thinking that all the managers fund DD system is going to do is hijack funds from the Hibernians scheme? That's how it's reading to me.:confused:

Agree with this.

I think the Hibernians scheme should be the only direct debit scheme where as the Managers fund and Kicks for kids should be for donations for when your feeling a little flush that week/month you could donate some money to either of them schemes.

East Fife have a managers fund scheme so I don't think it can be that dear to administrate something like this.

FranckSuzy
23-06-2013, 11:44 AM
I would hope that people would contribute to whichever fund suits them best. The Hibernians scheme has existed for some time now and Hibs have since launched Kicks for Kicks and Hibs Lotto. They must feel the demand is there. IMHO, there is enough diversity in all schemes to cater for everyone.
At the end of the day, it's Hibs who win as they get all the funds, regardless of the route they are received through. GGTTH.

The_Horde
23-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Near enough £20 a month comes out of my wages every month and goes to the union, waste of time and money! So I'm gonna find out how to cancel that and Use it for the Hibernians. Great scheme!

marinello59
23-06-2013, 11:51 AM
I would hope that people would contribute to whichever fund suits them best. The Hibernians scheme has existed for some time now and Hibs have since launched Kicks for Kicks and Hibs Lotto. They must feel the demand is there. IMHO, there is enough diversity in all schemes to cater for everyone.
At the end of the day, it's Hibs who win as they get all the funds, regardless of the route they are received through. GGTTH.
I don't disagree. It's just this thread which started with an appeal to donate to the Hibernians but moved off in other directions. All income to the club is good, nobody will argue with that.

Big_Franck
23-06-2013, 12:17 PM

I'm sure there are some people that do this, but the 10 month payment plan is only open to fans for a couple of months a year, and hasn't been available for a while now. The main options open to fans outside of this time are to pay £400 in a lump sum for a season ticket, which a lot of people can't afford to do, or log on to the site once a month from afar to buy a ticket for a game they aren't going to attend. If we had the option to sign up for a direct debit in 2/3 minutes and then have to do nothing after that it will increase our income. As someone else said if East Fife can manage it the admin costs can't be high.

All i'm saying is that in 2013 we should be able to sign up online for a direct debit for The Hibernians, or a Manager's Fund, or any other initiative. It can't be that hard.

Also agree with Matty that we should have bucket collections for youth development. We could get the youth team players to do the collections so wouldn't cost us anything.

Treadstone
23-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Hullo there Sandy K

I was looking for someone else and happened to come across your profile page (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?2275-SandyK). Quite a handy wee page of information (a wee bit like hibs.net) informed me that even though you had your tantrum (post #17691) (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?247788-Financial-meltdown-(BDO-appointed-as-HMFC-administrators)&p=3639732&highlight=#post3639732) last week you pop in regularly. Hope you are enjoying the show and availing yourself of the info at hand.

ps the correct spelling is beezer

down-the-slope
23-06-2013, 06:05 PM
On holiday just now but will be post tomorrow about getting
an a/c set up. LWT have been in dialogue about this very issue.

LWT, not stepping on toes but surely we need to pay heed
to the consensus here? Was holding back posting but in the absence
of anyone in the group getting back, I felt I had to respond.

The Hibernian Community Foundation support our involvement so let's get Rod up to the magical 3, 000 figure and help disadvantaged
children at the same time. GGTTH.

There is no consensus - but a lot of diverse views, which is healthy and why we need to make sure effort goes into areas where maximum return can be gained for that effort (and cost) :aok:

Jonnyboy
23-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I think your missing the point about the lottery without taking away anything that you are doing in addition to this.

The lottery s a fantastic idea and was designed to capture two things:

1. Supporters who already play the lottery each week supporting other causes can switch to the hibs one. This being linked to the German lottery means that he prize fund is substantial. Arsenal already use the same scheme and it is successful.

2. Players who might not do the lottery but would like to contribute to the club and have a chance to
Win something substantial.

From what I understand the regularity of sales provide an income stream for the club from people who already play the lottery and can you imagine the Prize fund if we did it ourselves, it would not be worth doing as the take up and lapse ration could be significant. People in general are used to playing the lottery if they have the money to do so.

It's great to have schemes tht our neighbours an only dream about and I'm very proud of the contributions LWT as made to the club in addition to everything else our supporters do. One club, one team and one group of fantastic supporters!:thumbsup:

Without taking anything away from fans who like doing the lottery, I think it's only fair to say that there are fans on here who would prefer to spend a fixed monthly sum where the whole amount goes to the managers fund and not just 26p from every pound. I don't doubt that the prize fund is substantial but so are the odds of winning - greater in fact than the UK national lottery.

I would personally like donations to a 'manager's fund' to
go directly to PF or if that is not feasible, Kicks for Kids instead.
IMHO the youth team is already catered for but by donating to KfK's
it's a win-win scenario. All monies raised by ST sales go
directly to PF and those who contribute are keeping alive
the Hibernian tradition of helping those less fortunate than
themselves. LWT are trying to find the best 'fit' for existing
schemes or indeed new initiatives but welcome feedback.
Anyone who is interested in contributing monthly then please
PM me as work is ongoing. Also, if anyone would like to
become more involved in LWT, please advise here or by PM.

Edit: apologies for the formatting, on the mobile :)

I agree with most of what Suzy says here. Can I ask if someone from LWT can tell me why such a scheme cannot be set up without some sort of seal of approval from the LWT group?

I see what you're saying J but in truth the idea of a managers fund has been around a while, made no real progress and is now being pushed as a way for fans who wish to, paying directly into the managers fund. I don't see it affecting the Hibernians as those who have suggested they would pay into a managers fund, and there's a fair number who would apparently, would not and currently may not pay into the Hibernians.

I have to say, I'm struggling to understand why this idea is attracting negative responses. If we had a quid for every post on this site where 'better players wanted' was the topic we'd not need the managers fund :greengrin

FranckSuzy
23-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Is the Hibs.Net paypal account still working? I would happily put money into this depending on how rich am feeling. Some months maybe £20 and some months £5. Sure every little helps.

Whilst not wishing to butt in on .net business, the thing with
KfK is that the money needs to be collected at the start of the
season for a full ST or Jan for a half ST. GGTTH.

down-the-slope
23-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Can I ask if someone from LWT can tell me why such a scheme cannot be set up without some sort of seal of approval from the LWT group?

No 'cannot' J - just the practicalities. Who's collecting such donations / where is it being done / how is it being done / what are the safeguards / who & how is it 'audited' etc etc.....I could go on but I would bore myself let alone anyone else :greengrin

Given that LWT by its very make up of those involved has cognisance of the other projects & priorities that are being undertaking then there is some sense in LWT involvement.

Jonnyboy
23-06-2013, 09:22 PM
No 'cannot' J - just the practicalities. Who's collecting such donations / where is it being done / how is it being done / what are the safeguards / who & how is it 'audited' etc etc.....I could go on but I would bore myself let alone anyone else :greengrin

Given that LWT by its very make up of those involved has cognisance of the other projects & priorities that are being undertaking then there is some sense in LWT involvement.

LWT has been involved for a long time now DTS but progress has been slow to immobile due, no doubt, to priorities being given to other projects. I'm not sure that LWT, great job though it is doing, needs to be involved in every initiative - that would be a kinda closed shop. I'm pretty sure that the points you raise would be looked at and dealt with correctly should some fans outside of LWT choose to take this forward :agree:

I'm guessing that the club would happily work with any fans willing to create an income source :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
23-06-2013, 09:51 PM
LWT has been involved for a long time now DTS but progress has been slow to immobile due, no doubt, to priorities being given to other projects. I'm not sure that LWT, great job though it is doing, needs to be involved in every initiative - that would be a kinda closed shop. I'm pretty sure that the points you raise would be looked at and dealt with correctly should some fans outside of LWT choose to take this forward :agree:

I'm guessing that the club would happily work with any fans willing to create an income source :thumbsup:

maybe I'm missing your point J but management are part of LWT - their time is finite whether the idea is great / needs development / or is a nag

LWT is only as effective as the number of volunteers so feel free to come and pitch in :aok:

matty_f
23-06-2013, 09:57 PM

I think it's all about giving folk a choice, to be fair.

If I had the disposable income for it not to matter, I'd happily donate to the Hibernians for youth development, and to the manager's fund for the first team. Someone who felt that it was important that the club brought through players has the option of the Hibernians, whereas someone who wants a better standard of player now can contribute to the manager's fund.

I'm all for choice, in fact I think the club should continue to look at ways of giving people a choice of how to give money.

Jonnyboy
23-06-2013, 10:04 PM
maybe I'm missing your point J but management are part of LWT - their time is finite whether the idea is great / needs development / or is a nag

LWT is only as effective as the number of volunteers so feel free to come and pitch in :aok:

I guess the point I'm making is that the managers fund project needn't necessarily be moved forward by LWT. It looks like a few posters on here would be happy to take it on. You might wonder why said posters don't just join LWT and my guess would be that in doing so it might not have the desired effect in moving this forward more quickly than has been the case so far. In other words the LWT group as is has enough on its plate.

Just my thoughts

Jonnyboy
23-06-2013, 10:05 PM
I think it's all about giving folk a choice, to be fair.

If I had the disposable income for it not to matter, I'd happily donate to the Hibernians for youth development, and to the manager's fund for the first team. Someone who felt that it was important that the club brought through players has the option of the Hibernians, whereas someone who wants a better standard of player now can contribute to the manager's fund.

I'm all for choice, in fact I think the club should continue to look at ways of giving people a choice of how to give money.

This.

Any ideas that result in a new income stream for Hibs should be encouraged :agree:

hibees 7062
23-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Why dont we merge the whole lot and put it into one pot , that way the Whole of Hibernian benefits .
A lot of us are up for this but dont know or cant decide where/what to donate to .
Looking at all the other teams struggling and we dont have to look far,surely any amount coming in is better than nothing
All donations to the pot could be spread out when and where its required that way everyone is taking care of , we can do this guys .
3000 fans donating £5 a month is surely achievable ,that gives Hibernian £180,000 a year we wouldnt have
A few funds already have the experience and accounts set up to deal with it so lets do it guys

hibees 7062
23-06-2013, 10:58 PM
This.

Any ideas that result in a new income stream for Hibs should be encouraged :agree:

Exactly :top marks

CB_NO3
23-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Why dont we merge the whole lot and put it into one pot , that way the Whole of Hibernian benefits .
A lot of us are up for this but dont know or cant decide where/what to donate to .
Looking at all the other teams struggling and we dont have to look far,surely any amount coming in is better than nothing
All donations to the pot could be spread out when and where its required that way everyone is taking care of , we can do this guys .
3000 fans donating £5 a month is surely achievable ,that gives Hibernian £180,000 a year we wouldnt have
A few funds already have the experience and accounts set up to deal with it so lets do it guys
Yeah I agree. Thats something I would be interested in. Even some sort of club donation page. I would happily give Hibs a fiver a month to boost the club but sometimes I would happily chuck in more, depends on my circumstances. The way I see the Hearts fans chucking in money and giving it to the club makes me want to do the same. Difference with them is they are putting it in to survive, we could be adding 1 or 2 top players to the club.

FranckSuzy
23-06-2013, 11:09 PM
There are a couple of feasible ways to donate being looked at & Hibs are 'in the loop'. I'm back home tomorrow
so will endeavour to put something more concrete together and report back. I feel it's vital that we don't miss the
boat here.

FranckSuzy
23-06-2013, 11:13 PM
There is no consensus - but a lot of diverse views, which is healthy and why we need to make sure effort goes into areas where maximum return can be gained for that effort (and cost) :aok:

The consensus I was referring to was people wanting to give Hibs their money ;)

hibees 7062
23-06-2013, 11:14 PM
There are a couple of feasible ways to donate being looked at & Hibs are 'in the loop'. I'm back home tomorrow
so will endeavour to put something more concrete together and report back. I feel it's vital that we don't miss the
boat here.
:aok: Good the place is falling apart without you :greengrin

FranckSuzy
23-06-2013, 11:25 PM
:aok: Good the place is falling apart without you :greengrin

:)

HibbyRod
24-06-2013, 03:18 PM
I am along with others involved with promoting The Hibernians.

In my opinion it is one of the best ways all Hibernian fans can contribute to the prosperity and well being of the development of our Academy.

Surely it has got to be the main thrust of bringing through our "own grown" players with all that can bring to the betterment and development of our wonderful Club.

I have not been aware that it has been an issue for contributors finding it difficult to contribute easily. However, with that in mind, I will speak to Bill Hendry (the Academy Director) and Katrina McGregor/Russell Smith on Monday morning and try to get this sorted.

Cheers,
Rod.

Update:

Regarding the access to The Hibernians on the main Hibernian site, this will not change imminently, as the Club are hoping to introduce a new CRM system which, once installed, should hopefully alleviate some of the current access issues experienced by some.

Currently, details can be found in the "Our Club" and also the "Supporters Zone" buttons on the left hand side of the Official Hibernian FC site.

In the meantime, if you wish to join The Hibernians then please either use the link that Golden Bear uploaded:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/1f/ab/0,,10290~174879,00.pdf and complete the details of your monthly donation amount, and the Direct Debit Mandate form.

Or, contact Katrina McGregor direct by email: KMcGregor@hibernianfc.co.uk or, Tel: 0131 656 7090, and Katrina will help you in processing your monthly donation.

Once again, I hope many more of our fans do decide to sign up for this initiative as we within The Hibernians feel that this is one of the very best ways to support the development of our Youth Academy and, hopefully, in due course bring through "our own" home-grown talent to our first team.

Cheers,
Rod.

Jonnyboy
24-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Update:

Regarding the access to The Hibernians on the main Hibernian site, this will not change imminently, as the Club are hoping to introduce a new CRM system which, once installed, should hopefully alleviate some of the current access issues experienced by some.

Currently, details can be found in the "Our Club" and also the "Supporters Zone" buttons on the left hand side of the Official Hibernian FC site.

In the meantime, if you wish to join The Hibernians then please either use the link that Golden Bear uploaded:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/1f/ab/0,,10290~174879,00.pdf and complete the details of your monthly donation amount, and the Direct Debit Mandate form.

Or, contact Katrina McGregor direct by email: KMcGregor@hibernianfc.co.uk or, Tel: 0131 656 7090, and Katrina will help you in processing your monthly donation.

Once again, I hope many more of our fans do decide to sign up for this initiative as we within The Hibernians feel that this is one of the very best ways to support the development of our Youth Academy and, hopefully, in due course bring through "our own" home-grown talent to our first team.

Cheers,
Rod.

Hi Rod

Just wanted to say that The Hibernians is a fantastic set up and encourage folk to donate if they can.

I'm anxious that the proposed Managers Fund idea is not seen as some sort of competitor to The Hibernians. My thoughts are that fans willing to contribute to the club have a number of options to choose from and the Managers Fund is just one of them. It is being picked up as a goer because a number of fans feel they would like to contribute to the managers fund without those funds being diluted or diverted in any way.

I'm keen that all income streams are maximised as whether it be sooner or later it will help to put better players on the park.

CraigHibee
24-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Definitely going to sign up for this too

Brooster
24-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Update:

Cheers,
Rod.

Rod...thanks for that. Could you give us a indication of how much has been raised through the Hibernians in the last few years please? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to go public!

HibbySpurs
25-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Update:

Cheers,
Rod.

I'm in for £20 a month :agree:....

An easy way to support the academy and as someone else said if the academy is self-sufficent through donations then this surely means more funds can be released into other areas...

I would also be interested in donating monthly to a direct "manager's fund" to supplement his avaialble transfer/wage pot.

The great thing is we're thinking of doing these things to help better our club and lift it upwards to a new level rather than scrambling about raising funds simply to keep it afloat in some sort of fire engine management strategy:agree:

HibbyRod
25-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi Rod

Just wanted to say that The Hibernians is a fantastic set up and encourage folk to donate if they can.

I'm anxious that the proposed Managers Fund idea is not seen as some sort of competitor to The Hibernians. My thoughts are that fans willing to contribute to the club have a number of options to choose from and the Managers Fund is just one of them. It is being picked up as a goer because a number of fans feel they would like to contribute to the managers fund without those funds being diluted or diverted in any way.

I'm keen that all income streams are maximised as whether it be sooner or later it will help to put better players on the park.

Cheers John.

I agree that all routes to maximise funding into Hibs should be encouraged. Everyone within the support who wish to additionally donate to Hibs will choose their preferred route. At the end of the day, as long as money is being fed into The Club from whatever source, then it can only be for the good one way or another. :agree:

Rod.

HibbyRod
25-06-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm in for £20 a month :agree:....

An easy way to support the academy and as someone else said if the academy is self-sufficent through donations then this surely means more funds can be released into other areas...

I would also be interested in donating monthly to a direct "manager's fund" to supplement his avaialble transfer/wage pot.

The great thing is we're thinking of doing these things to help better our club and lift it upwards to a new level rather than scrambling about raising funds simply to keep it afloat in some sort of fire engine management strategy:agree:

Good points HibbySpurs! :aok:

Also, thanks very much for choosing to donate monthly to the Youth Academy! It is very much appreciated, and all donations certainly mount up, and do make a difference.

FranckSuzy
25-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Just a wee update for those who expressed an interest in donating to a Managers Fund......the bank account is now a work in progress, direct debits will be catered for and a PayPal account will follow shortly. I would hope it will be up and running by mid July but an official announcement will be made as soon as everything is in place. Hibs are on board too and have expressed their thanks to those who willing to donate. I hope all the various initiatives can exist alongside each other and provide additional funds for our beloved Hibees, who are surely the winners in all of this. GGTTH :flag:

GoldenEagle
26-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Excellent FS.

Surely a realistic early target is 1000 fans at an average of £15 a month?

That could make a huge difference to the quality of player available to PF.

...WentToMowAnSPL
26-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Just a wee update for those who expressed an interest in donating to a Managers Fund......the bank account is now a work in progress, direct debits will be catered for and a PayPal account will follow shortly. I would hope it will be up and running by mid July but an official announcement will be made as soon as everything is in place. Hibs are on board too and have expressed their thanks to those who willing to donate. I hope all the various funds can exist alongside each other and provide additional funds for our beloved Hibees, who are surely the winners in all of this. GGTTH :flag:

How does this potential income stand in terms of tax ? ( just trying to avoid the pitfalls of those blue and pink tinged individual clubs of ill-repute)

Hibernia Na Eir
26-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Just joined :greengrin

hibeenicol
26-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Just a wee update for those who expressed an interest in donating to a Managers Fund......the bank account is now a work in progress, direct debits will be catered for and a PayPal account will follow shortly. I would hope it will be up and running by mid July but an official announcement will be made as soon as everything is in place. Hibs are on board too and have expressed their thanks to those who willing to donate. I hope all the various initiatives can exist alongside each other and provide additional funds for our beloved Hibees, who are surely the winners in all of this. GGTTH :flag:

Good to hear and I really hope this works out. :thumbsup:

Will you be able to make a donation without having to set up a direct debit???

HibbyRod
26-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Just joined :greengrin

Which? .... Hibernians, or, Manager's Fund? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
26-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Excellent FS.

Surely a realistic early target is 1000 fans at an average of £15 a month?

That could make a huge difference to the quality of player available to PF.

Sounds good to me :greengrin I'm still waiting on some of those who have consistently said they would donate to such a fund to get back to me though :whistle: :wink:

FranckSuzy
26-06-2013, 10:39 AM
How does this potential income stand in terms of tax ? ( just trying to avoid the pitfalls of those blue and pink tinged individual clubs of ill-repute)

Don't worry Mr WTMAS :greengrin This important and official avenue has been investigated thoroughly and there are no known issues. We are Hibs after all, and we do things the right way :wink:

FranckSuzy
26-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Good to hear and I really hope this works out. :thumbsup:

Will you be able to make a donation without having to set up a direct debit???

:agree: The bank account will be up and running within the next 7-10 days so a one-off payment could be made using that. A PayPal account will also be available for 'one-offs' and a justgiving account is another possibility being looked into. GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
26-06-2013, 10:44 AM

:greengrin If it's the Manager's Fund, can you let me know the bank a/c number as the bank haven't told me yet :tee hee:

hibeenicol
26-06-2013, 11:23 AM
:agree: The bank account will be up and running within the next 7-10 days so a one-off payment could be made using that. A PayPal account will also be available for 'one-offs' and a justgiving account is another possibility being looked into. GGTTH.

Great to hear as I would be more likely to make a donation now and again rather than setting up direct debit.

A big :aok: for all the hard work your putting into this :not worth

FranckSuzy
26-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Great to hear as I would be more likely to make a donation now and again rather than setting up direct debit.

A big :aok: for all the hard work your putting into this :not worth

No problem and :blushie: :greengrin The kids (and Hibs) are the winners in this so it is my pleasure :agree:. GGTTH.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-06-2013, 06:39 AM
spoke to catriona who looks after The Hibernians admin. I've nothing but praise for what they do with our young teams. Was only too happy to hand over my monthly payment paper after listening to what she said. Great cause and I'd urge anyone to sign up and help the cause.
GGTTH

hibseleven
27-06-2013, 07:49 AM
signed up for this. Would be more than happy to contribute to a managers fund as well.

FranckSuzy
27-06-2013, 08:25 AM
spoke to catriona who looks after The Hibernians admin. I've nothing but praise for what they do with our young teams. Was only too happy to hand over my monthly payment paper after listening to what she said. Great cause and I'd urge anyone to sign up and help the cause.
GGTTH

:thumbsup:

signed up for this. Would be more than happy to contribute to a managers fund as well.

:aok: Will be in touch when the bank account is up and running. GGTTH.

HibbyRod
27-06-2013, 01:04 PM

Cheers HibsXI for signing up to The Hibernians ! :aok:

Suzy will keep you posted re. the Manager's Fund.

Thanks again,
Rod.

Oops, just noticed FrankSuzy has already replied. :greengrin

skoop
27-06-2013, 01:35 PM
I get my season ticket every year and buy the odd strip. that's quite a bit of money for someone like me. asking for a DD is a bit yammish for my liking. we're no the ones going bust!

Saorsa
27-06-2013, 01:48 PM
I get my season ticket every year and buy the odd strip. that's quite a bit of money for someone like me. asking for a DD is a bit yammish for my liking. we're no the ones going bust!What a load of pish.

I buy a ST every year, I buy every strip every year, so what? This has been suggested and set up by supporters who would like tae give extra money tae their club, surely that is their choice. Naebody is begging or trying tae force anybody tae part with money they dinnae have. If you're no interested dinnae bother, simple really.

KdyHby
27-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I get my season ticket every year and buy the odd strip. that's quite a bit of money for someone like me. asking for a DD is a bit yammish for my liking. we're no the ones going bust!

Oh dear.

5 years ago that's all I could afford too. Fortunately my financial constraints have eased up, kids left uni and working now. Not really sure how I've now become Yammish by signing up to contribute more to our club via the Hibernians; contributing to Kicks for Kids, to help underprivileged kids etc.

HibbyRod
27-06-2013, 03:34 PM

Welcome to the hibs.net board skoop.

Good to see you buy a season ticket and the odd strip.

I can assure you that none of the members of The Hibernians are Yams!

Nor anyone within the LWT group, and others who will be more than happy to donate through DD's for a Manager's Fund, etc.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Jonnyboy
27-06-2013, 09:08 PM

Cut out the 'odd' strip and buy a Hibs one then the club will get your money :wink:

FranckSuzy
27-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Cut out the 'odd' strip and buy a Hibs one then the club will get your money :wink:

:tee hee: Mind you, that one with the arm bands is a classic.....:greengrin

Jonnyboy
27-06-2013, 10:00 PM
:tee hee: Mind you, that one with the arm bands is a classic.....:greengrin

Perfectly suited to a club drowning in debt :agree:

frazeHFC
27-06-2013, 10:13 PM

What a daft post. It is not compulsory, it's a chance for fans to give some extra money to the club and Pat's transfer kitty, that way we can possibly increase the chance of signing some good players. Quite the opposite of 'yammish', who sit and watch their club dieing a slow death and only decide to act when it's too late.

FranckSuzy
27-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Perfectly suited to a club drowning in debt :agree:

With the new kit lost at sea :agree:

FranckSuzy
29-06-2013, 11:40 AM

:greengrin If it's the Manager's Fund, can you let me know the bank a/c number as the bank haven't told me yet :tee hee:

Well <drum roll> the bank have sent through the account details and whilst everything is still to be finalised, it appears that the numbers 6-2 and 7-0 (twice :greengrin) feature quite heavily :wink: God is a Hibby :not worth :thumbsup:

Hibernia Na Eir
29-06-2013, 01:00 PM

sorry Rod, just spotted your response. I joined The Hibernians.
just waiting for new season application Hibs kids form for my wee one now....
spent a bit in club shop too of late. All good cash going Hibees' way :)

HibbyRod
29-06-2013, 01:49 PM
sorry Rod, just spotted your response. I joined The Hibernians.
just waiting for new season application Hibs kids form for my wee one now....
spent a bit in club shop too of late. All good cash going Hibees' way :)

Top Man! :aok:

I've got a 5-year old grandson joining up for his first season ticket, to join his older 13-year-old cousin in the West Upper with me. :greengrin

RyeSloan
29-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Amazed the club can't set up a 'contribution' page that allows people to set up a DD and allocate set percentages of that DD Into the various schemes....wouldn't seem like the hardest thing to do considering the off the shelf software that must be avail to do this.

A coordinated and club backed initiative would surely attract a substantial amount of backing.

Also think that this could be the focus of any other fund raising activities.....manager fund bake sales and the like ;-)

FranckSuzy
29-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Amazed the club can't set up a 'contribution' page that allows people to set up a DD and allocate set percentages of that DD Into the various schemes....wouldn't seem like the hardest thing to do considering the off the shelf software that must be avail to do this.

A coordinated and club backed initiative would surely attract a substantial amount of backing.

Also think that this could be the focus of any other fund raising activities.....manager fund bake sales and the like ;-)

:agree: I think something along those lines is being considered. Rather than wait though, and see the children who'd benefit from KfK become adults, I'm just cracking on :greengrin

:bitchy: to bake sales though. Too Yammish :wink:

MB62
15-07-2013, 01:55 PM
:agree: I think something along those lines is being considered. Rather than wait though, and see the children who'd benefit from KfK become adults, I'm just cracking on :greengrin

:bitchy: to bake sales though. Too Yammish :wink:

Any updates as to what's happening with this?

Has it been given official backing and are there details anywhere if you want to give a monthly donation, or even just a one off?

Ashtead Hibs
24-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Could anyone point me to where I can download the direct debit form on the new website as I can't seem to find it anywhere?

ColintonHibs
24-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Watch your hard earned money get pissed up the wall

FranckSuzy
24-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Could anyone point me to where I can download the direct debit form on the new website as I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Could only find this (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/pages/hiberniansmembership) but no form though :confused:

HibbyRod
26-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi folks,

Sorry, I have been away on holiday, and I did not spot this thread again until now.

It appears that in fact the attachment for the download for contributing to The Hibernians is missing within the new revamped site.

This is being resolved by the techies in the Club, and it should be back available - hopefully by tomorrow at latest.

I do hope that more people will contribute as all funds raised are solely for the use of Youth Development at East Mains.

Any other queries, etc., then just post again on here or, better still, PM me (in case I miss a post on the main hibs.net Forum), and I will do my best to help.

Cheers, Rod.

HH81
26-08-2014, 04:30 PM
I have paid into it for a lot of years but unsure how to sign up for it. :confused:

HibbyRod
27-08-2014, 11:42 AM
Hi again folks,

That's the Direct Debit Mandate form back up on the Hibernians part of the Official Website and can now be downloaded as normal.

Sorry for the problem with the missing download link, but once informed the techie guys managed to fix it promptly.

As I mentioned earlier please get in touch with me by PM, or, direct on the Main Messageboard if you have any queries, etc.

Cheers, Rod.

FranckSuzy
27-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Watch your hard earned money get pissed up the wall

No need

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 12:29 PM
No need

:agree:

Use the toilets like everyone else. :greengrin

FranckSuzy
27-08-2014, 12:31 PM
:agree:

Use the toilets like everyone else. :greengrin

But they'll be full of everyone smoking, like JB should now do :agree: :tee hee:

silverhibee
27-08-2014, 12:45 PM
But they'll be full of everyone smoking, like JB should now do :agree: :tee hee:

Bad JB :faf:

Canongatehibs
27-08-2014, 01:55 PM
I am a member and think it is a good idea

Do you get any newsletters or ANYTHING from the club?

I was promised when i joined and get nothing.

Quick enough to take the DD from my bank though!

Canongatehibs
27-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Hi again folks,

That's the Direct Debit Mandate form back up on the Hibernians part of the Official Website and can now be downloaded as normal.

Sorry for the problem with the missing download link, but once informed the techie guys managed to fix it promptly.

As I mentioned earlier please get in touch with me by PM, or, direct on the Main Messageboard if you have any queries, etc.

Cheers, Rod.

Rod

Whats happened to the newsletter service/updates etc i was promised when i joined?
Ive been a member for around a year now and receive nothing from the club.

HibbyRod
27-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Rod

Whats happened to the newsletter service/updates etc i was promised when i joined?
Ive been a member for around a year now and receive nothing from the club.

Hello Canongatehibs,

Thanks for your message.

Firstly, did you receive a copy of the update from Bill Hendry which was distributed by email on 29th July?

I ask because I would like to ascertain if you may have been missed off the distribution list. If so, I will arrange to send you a copy.

If you wish not to divulge your name and email address in the open forum, then please just send me a private message.

Secondly, over the past season there have been issues in processing the updates (which Bill alludes to in his update).

Now that Leeann Dempster has come on board there will be changes in the pipeline as to how the running of The Hibernians will function going forward.

I look forward to you getting back to me.

Regards, Rod.

Ronniekirk
27-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Hello Canongatehibs,

Thanks for your message.

Firstly, did you receive a copy of the update from Bill Hendry which was distributed by email on 29th July?

I ask because I would like to ascertain if you may have been missed off the distribution list. If so, I will arrange to send you a copy.

If you wish not to divulge your name and email address in the open forum, then please just send me a private message.

Secondly, over the past season there have been issues in processing the updates (which Bill alludes to in his update).

Now that Leeann Dempster has come on board there will be changes in the pipeline as to how the running of The Hibernians will function going forward.

I look forward to you getting back to me.

Regards, Rod.
Is this part of your new Conduit Role :wink: