PDA

View Full Version : The Next Genuine Football Superstar?

Chump
21-06-2013, 05:21 PM
A lot has been said about Neymar recently but for me he is like Cristiano Ronaldo when he first arrived at Man Utd.....needs to mature!!

Lots of flicks, tricks and pretty stuff but he lacks that world class quality for me. Yes he is definitely adding the end product but still needs to mature and drop the antics before he is in the Messi/Ronaldo bracket

Any offers??

Ps....please nobody offer Bale!!!

sidjames
21-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Isco. Pure class and will become a great.

Mark79
21-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Any of the hearts youngsters really.

Leighonel
21-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Gotze, Isco, Lucas. They all look like very good players

Haymaker
21-06-2013, 05:42 PM
In my opinion it is Gotze, he's class already but he will develop (hopefully!) into something unreal.

If not him then Oscar. Needs to develop but the signs are there.

hibeenicol
21-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Alan Haliliovic plays for dinamo Zagreb and their already comparing him to messi. All the big clubs looking at him.

A name to look for in the future.

Haymaker
21-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Alan Haliliovic plays for dinamo Zagreb and their already comparing him to messi. All the big clubs looking at him.

A name to look for in the future.

True, that boy is class.

Keith_M
21-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Harris

ManBearPig
21-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Possibly oscar next world cup will show his true potential

DH1875
21-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Eden Hazard :duck:. I know but I think he's only 21 so maybe time yet.
Can I ask why no Bale? What about Aron Ramsey :dunno:. Christian Tello is also one to watch, ironically Neymar looks like it's him he's replacing at Barca.

carnoustiehibee
21-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Hachim mastour at AC Milan, 15 year old Moroccan

stokesmessiah
21-06-2013, 06:18 PM

A man that plays champ man??

Mon Dieu4
21-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Me, even at 33 i still think i can cut it, was telling someone the other day that the worst day of my life will be when i finally concede that i won't play for Hibs Haha

Hibercelona
21-06-2013, 06:24 PM
The gnome that just signed for Hearts looks like some prospect.

carnoustiehibee
21-06-2013, 06:31 PM
A man that plays champ man??

Used to,a lot, when it first came out. But na seen him on trans world sport or Eurosport one night.

lugz
21-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Thiago who's at barcelona, comes into that team and doesn't look out of place. Plenty talk of him going to Man Utd

Pretty Boy
21-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Did he play for the 1st team last year?

I know they wanted to play him but there was a few legal issues, not sure if they were overcome.

JMac
21-06-2013, 06:43 PM
I'd have to say Jamie Walker, he's the next huge thing in world football, or Jason Holt, he is believed to be the next Zidane. Finally there's Kevin McHattie, who would make Roberto Carlos look *****.
At least that's what I've heard from hearts fans

carnoustiehibee
21-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Did he play for the 1st team last year?

I know they wanted to play him but there was a few legal issues, not sure if they were overcome.

Do they not have to wait till he's 16.

green.and.white
21-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Kevin Strootman of PSV, defensive midfielder, class act, absolutely magic on the ball. He'll get a big move soon.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Do they not have to wait till he's 16.

Think that was the problem.

Milan were desperate to play him but the rules said they had to wait ubtil he was 16, I know Milan were fighting it but not sure if they decided just to wait.

SteveHFC
21-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Marco Reus :agree:

hibees 7062
21-06-2013, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=JohnMcDonald;3650696]I'd have to say Jamie Walker, he's the next huge thing in world football, or Jason Holt, he is believed to be the next Zidane. Finally there's Kevin McHattie, who would make Roberto Carlos look *****.
At least that's what I've heard from hearts fans[/QUOTE :agree: Just ask Harris

West hamBERNIAN
21-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Probably not heard of him but.... Andy Carroll. :wink:

Mon Dieu4
21-06-2013, 07:26 PM
You've been saying that for years, I'm impressed you've still not conceded it yet! :wink: :greengrin

Nowhere near retirement yet lol, Im the creative midfielder we need Haha

Craig_in_Prague
21-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Nowhere near retirement yet lol, Im the creative midfielder we need Haha

if you'd said you could fill the Matty Jack role.....

Mon Dieu4
21-06-2013, 07:28 PM
if you'd said you could fill the Matty Jack role.....

Id be more like Craig Rocastle filling the Matty Jack roll

heretoday
21-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Ibrahim Affelay.

PSV, Barca, loan to Schalke and a target now for English clubs. He is lighting fast. He had a bad injury playing for Barcelona but seems to have recovered.

He has many caps for Holland. 27 years old.

West hamBERNIAN
21-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Ibrahim Affelay.

PSV, Barca, loan to Schalke and a target now for English clubs. He is lighting fast. He had a bad injury playing for Barcelona but seems to have recovered.

He has many caps for Holland. 27 years old.
But is he going to be the next superstar? No.

Macaroon
21-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Gerard Deulofeu of Barca

mmmmhibby
21-06-2013, 08:30 PM
an injury free jack wilshere has all the attributes of the modern day midfielder, he pulled the strings when arsenal playd barca a few seasons back and was up against xavi, iniesta etc. been injury prone a lot since then

Jonnyboy
21-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Thiago Messi - Barca's new Under 1 signing :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
21-06-2013, 08:35 PM
will british players ever get closer to other technical playing countries?
I know our coaching/attitude/weather/love for chippies/love for pies/love for bevvy/preference for taller & stronger laddies/poorer facilities/nae balls allowed signs etc are all issues, but will we or can we see technical players from UK? theres some but sadly lacking.

hibee92
21-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Is Freddy Adu still a wonderkid?

Gerard Deulofeu will be world class - Barcelona 19 y/o.

bigwheel
21-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Gerard Deulofeu of Barca

Yes. He was brilliant in Green Card ! :-)

ChilliEater
22-06-2013, 12:07 AM
There's a lad over here at Perth Glory called Danny DeSilva who is very highly rated. Don't know about world class superstar, but he made his A-league debut at 15 last season and Everton wanted to sign him but couldn't sort a visa/work permit. Should be interesting to see how he progresses.

CB_NO3
22-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Bale can be a big superstar in the next year or two. He is still young and is a class act. He has done it in the premiership, champions league and international level. He scores with his left foot, right foot and with his head. He scores from 5 yards, 10 yards and 25 yards. Other than that I agree with Isco. Boy is superb.

s2hart
22-06-2013, 04:29 AM
an injury free jack wilshere has all the attributes of the modern day midfielder, he pulled the strings when arsenal playd barca a few seasons back and was up against xavi, iniesta etc. been injury prone a lot since then

He is a class act but I heard he had a similar injury to what GO'C had at Birmingham:wink:

Then again I heard that hearts were self-sufficient :confused:

Chump
22-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Eden Hazard :duck:. I know but I think he's only 21 so maybe time yet.
Can I ask why no Bale? What about Aron Ramsey :dunno:. Christian Tello is also one to watch, ironically Neymar looks like it's him he's replacing at Barca.

jealousy.....wish he was playing for Liverpool :wink:

he is class tho' but same as Neymar.....his diving antics really annoy me. Messi does it all with pure class (apart from dogging the Tax man!!)

heretoday
22-06-2013, 10:15 AM
But is he going to be the next superstar? No.

I don't feel he has had a chance to realise his potential yet so my answer is yes! Maybe....

Hibs90
22-06-2013, 10:19 AM
It will be Neymar. Brilliant player.

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't feel he has had a chance to realise his potential yet so my answer is yes! Maybe....

:greengrin Who knows. He has a lot of ability and great pace but I'm fairly sure he won't be remembered as being a football great. Reckon fernandinho that citeh have signed will be brilliant.

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang looks a really good prospect too.
:agree:
Zaha if he gets a good start at united will be awesome

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2013, 11:29 AM
He is a class act but I heard he had a similar injury to what GO'C had at Birmingham:wink:

Then again I heard that hearts were self-sufficient :confused:

I used to live in London Colney, the arsenal training ground is there. And thats the rumour that was doing the rounds during his long lay off. My kids still live there, and my lad told me this a long time ago.

J-C
22-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Wilfred Zaha could be the next big thing, big strong, fast feet, plays on the wing or through the middle and can score goals, just has to step up to EPL level now.

Alex Trager
22-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Marco Reus :agree:

Always gets over looked cause of the wee cock Gotże, but for MR is sheer class.

R'Albin
22-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Raphael Varane.

--------
22-06-2013, 02:08 PM
It will be Neymar. Brilliant player.

Yup. If he isn't already there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22998118

hfc rd
22-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Enzo Zidane. That boy is so much like his father. Absolute talent.

Big Ed
22-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Gerard Deulofeu of Barca

I saw him playing for Spain U20's yesterday: he looks very promising.

vercol36
22-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Gerard Deulofeu of Barca

I would be willing to bet my house on the next superstar being this guy

OR

a Frenchman. There are a crop of young French kids who are showing some phenomenal potential at the moment. Watch this space!

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Philippe Coutinho - Liverpool

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Philippe Coutinho - Liverpool

Maybe, if he moves to a big team. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 07:37 PM

He's at a big team, we sell our ****** to West Ham.:wink:

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 07:47 PM
He's at a big team, we sell our ****** to West Ham.:wink:

Your a feeder club. You know he's class. Brendan Rodgers just sold the next shearer. :wink:

hfc rd
22-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Unfortunately the big team are under a transfer embargo. So he can't go. :D

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Your a feeder club. You know he's class. Brendan Rodgers just sold the next shearer. :wink:

Get the treatment table ready. :wink:

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Excellent thread.

Maybe not as superstarry as the rest but seen Mexicos Diego Reyes a centre half put Neymar and the other Brazilians in his back pocket in the olympic final. 6'4" and quick Porto bought him in December and he reports there in July. Porto have an excellent record in developing talent.

brianmc
22-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Neymar Jr for me!

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Get the treatment table ready. :wink:
:greengrin
Time will tell my friend. He really was a class above last season even when the goals dried up he was the mustard. No treatment tables needed, he won't bite anyone. :wink:

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Neymar Jr for me!
Lol Romeo beckhams grandchild for me. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 10:20 PM
:greengrin
Time will tell my friend. He really was a class above last season even when the goals dried up he was the mustard. No treatment tables needed, he won't bite anyone. :wink:

Easy to look a class above at West Ham :wink:

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Easy to look a class above at West Ham :wink:

Against premier league opposition remember. Not against the mighty Liverpool last season, but I'm sure he'll prove a point this season:cb oh and it's easy to show class when your not from Liverpool :wink:

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Against premier league opposition remember. Not against the mighty Liverpool last season, but I'm sure he'll prove a point this season:cb oh and it's easy to show class when your not from Liverpool :wink:

Tell Kevin Nolan that! :wink:

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Tell Kevin Nolan that! :wink:

Don't speak to him often but I'm sure he knows he could use a little more class, he's good at stealing a goal from nothing but that must be in his nature being a scouser:wink:

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Don't speak to him often but I'm sure he knows he could use a little more class, he's good at stealing a goal from nothing but that must be in his nature being a scouser:wink:

Unlike the Geordie lump. :wink:

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Unlike the Geordie lump. :wink:
Who west ham spent 15 mill on, your lot thought he was worth 35:wink: we spent more than half and got double the rewards! :greengrin Your lot keep looking for an English CF and fu(k it up:wink: minimum English player rule is coming and west ham are sitting pretty for it. You lot have Sturridge :greengrin how much was he again? We'll give you half next year.

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Who west ham spent 15 mill on, your lot thought he was worth 35:wink: we spent more than half and got double the rewards! :greengrin Your lot keep looking for an English CF and fu(k it up:wink: minimum English player rule is coming and west ham are sitting pretty for it. You lot have Sturridge :greengrin how much was he again? We'll give you half next year.

Sturridge will outscore him FACT END OF :wink::greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
22-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Sturridge will outscore him FACT END OF :wink::greengrin
Lol he won't and you know it. If the vampire stays he won't get many chances and if he goes you'll pay over the odds for some other mug. I hear Carroll is available for £40,000,000 :wink:

ChilliEater
22-06-2013, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51uJlOcvTw

Youngest player at the tournament. Scores. :greengrin

s2hart
22-06-2013, 11:46 PM
I used to live in London Colney, the arsenal training ground is there. And thats the rumour that was doing the rounds during his long lay off. My kids still live there, and my lad told me this a long time ago.

I worked with a few Arsenal fans when I was in Essex, even managed a few games, that was what was doing the rounds. A couple of years back he could find trouble in an empty room, sounds like he's screwed the nut since coming a father & it's hard to think he's still only 21!

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Lol he won't and you know it. If the vampire stays he won't get many chances and if he goes you'll pay over the odds for some other mug. I hear Carroll is available for £40,000,000 :wink:

A wee wager for charity?

mmmmhibby
23-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I have family in London colney aswell, Watford also train right next too arsenals training ground. Nice wee place.

blackpoolhibs
23-06-2013, 04:22 PM
I have family in London colney aswell, Watford also train right next too arsenals training ground. Nice wee place.

I think Watford bought the training ground from Arsenal, or maybe rent the ground? As you say a nice wee place. :agree:

mmmmhibby
23-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I think Watford bought the training ground from Arsenal, or maybe rent the ground? As you say a nice wee place. :agree:
they rent the land from arsenal, was arsenals older training base, new base was re-developed next to what is now Watfords rented-traing base. bumped into RVP and oxlade-chamberlain 2 years back at the wee garage in colney. good wee place to live.

MWHIBBIES
23-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Jack Wilshere

frazeHFC
23-06-2013, 07:40 PM
In terms of British football I think James Ward-Prowse and Luke Shaw will become a really good players, both currently at Southampton.

There will definately be players in other European / South American countries that will be much better, just not sure of any just now (under the age of 18/19).

BVB Hibs
23-06-2013, 07:43 PM
David Alaba could be an absolute star in the future. Has everything to become a standout left winger, or even a world class full back if he stays in his current position for Bayern.

I'm horribly biased here, but I think Gundogan will be up there in the top 5 most sought after footballers in the world in about 2-3 years time. When you consider how Dortmund had to drop him 2 years ago because he couldn't handle the pace of top level football, and his remarkable turnaround since then, I think he could have a lot more in the tank.

As good as Mata is, I also reckon he might have another gear or two in the tank. Still think he could improve further as a player. Difficult to say a world star will be a world star, because it seems obvious, but I'm not convinced we've seen anything like the best out of him yet.

Bostonhibby
23-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Is this the McHattie thread?

I hope not, we should keep this boy out of the news as we really need them to keep him, he's one of the "golden" generation you know. Without him and his like we'd not have beaten them at every competetive level this season.

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2013, 09:42 AM
they rent the land from arsenal, was arsenals older training base, new base was re-developed next to what is now Watfords rented-traing base. bumped into RVP and oxlade-chamberlain 2 years back at the wee garage in colney. good wee place to live.

I used to live round the corner from that garage on on the high street, in Kings road. Lots of Arsenal players can be spotted around the village either in the bookies or the big Sainsbury's at the end of the village.

George Grahams team could always be seen in the Kings head pub most days after training, and they liked a scoop. :greengrin

Ray Parlour Tony Adams and Paul Merson were on the lash most days, and Ladbrokes across the road used to take a huge amount from them, although when they did win they won big.

StevesFamau5
24-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Reus for me. Thought he was exceptional in the CL final. Without gotze he took the midfield by the scruff of the neck and was calm and collected all the way through. True pro

mmmmhibby
24-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I used to live round the corner from that garage on on the high street, in Kings road. Lots of Arsenal players can be spotted around the village either in the bookies or the big Sainsbury's at the end of the village.

George Grahams team could always be seen in the Kings head pub most days after training, and they liked a scoop. :greengrin

Ray Parlour Tony Adams and Paul Merson were on the lash most days, and Ladbrokes across the road used to take a huge amount from them, although when they did win they won big.
the very same Ladbrokes shop where I won over a grand at this years Cheltenham lol had a couple of scoops in the pub over the road, think it was called the white horse, mixture of arsenal and spurs fans, although mostly gooners. looks rough from the outside however having frequented many pubs in Edinburgh it was actually a good boozer.

blackpoolhibs
24-06-2013, 04:01 PM
the very same Ladbrokes shop where I won over a grand at this years Cheltenham lol had a couple of scoops in the pub over the road, think it was called the white horse, mixture of arsenal and spurs fans, although mostly gooners. looks rough from the outside however having frequented many pubs in Edinburgh it was actually a good boozer.

Aye i think it is the white horse now, used to be called the pear and partridge. The kings head has gone, its now houses and flats. Well done on your win. :thumbsup:

DH1875
27-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Isco confirmed as signing for Real. With Neymar joining Barca we'll soon see who's best.

brian6-2
28-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Young lad at Bursaspor, Enes Ünal, has turned down, Chelsea and Man City. 170 goals in 100 games at youth level, already been capped at U16 & U17 level, 15 goals in 15 games.

Neymar will come good but i reckon the lad Bernard will adapt quicker to the european game and be the next best thing, Man City and Dortmund are both close to signing him.

Domestically i think Luke Shaw at Southampton will turn out to be one of the best full backs in the game, Butland looks a great keeper as well.

I think in Scotland we are pinning our hopes on young Islam Feruz, if he doesnt do the dirty on us like that wee plonker James McCarthy.

BVB Hibs
28-06-2013, 12:43 PM
After Dortmund are apparently competing with Newcastle for Aubameyang and Zouma I decided to do some research on the two of them.

Aubemayang is obviously a decent player, but Zouma really impressed me from what I saw. Strong, quick, clever. At 18 he's already a top, top defender, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's end up at a big club for a long time. Could be one of the best defenders out there soon.

West hamBERNIAN
29-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Young lad at Bursaspor, Enes Ünal, has turned down, Chelsea and Man City. 170 goals in 100 games at youth level, already been capped at U16 & U17 level, 15 goals in 15 games.

Neymar will come good but i reckon the lad Bernard will adapt quicker to the european game and be the next best thing, Man City and Dortmund are both close to signing him.

Domestically i think Luke Shaw at Southampton will turn out to be one of the best full backs in the game, Butland looks a great keeper as well.

I think in Scotland we are pinning our hopes on young Islam Feruz, if he doesnt do the dirty on us like that wee plonker James McCarthy.

hes the most overrated keeper ive seen. so many shaky moments its unbelievable.

brydekirk
29-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Alex Harris, Fact, End Off.

West hamBERNIAN
29-06-2013, 05:32 PM

we have a winner!!!!:flag:

Just_Jimmy
30-06-2013, 12:29 AM

Thread closed. Collect your prize from reception.

Alex Trager
04-07-2013, 06:24 PM
After Dortmund are apparently competing with Newcastle for Aubameyang and Zouma I decided to do some research on the two of them.

Aubemayang is obviously a decent player, but Zouma really impressed me from what I saw. Strong, quick, clever. At 18 he's already a top, top defender, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's end up at a big club for a long time. Could be one of the best defenders out there soon.

See they've officially signed Aubemayang. Should be a good addition to the squad.

frazeHFC
08-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Hachim Mastour will be the next big world star imo. He's only 15 or so just now but he is some prospect. AC Milan paid 500,000 euros for him, Moroccan born. Just seen a few videos of him and reckon he will be the Messi of future. :agree:

brian6-2
08-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Just seen the lad Bernard has signed for Shakhtar. 21.5m

KuqiKuqiCoo
08-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Andros Townsend? The lad from Southampton, shaw? Iago falque

Lee
08-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Interested to see how Asier Illarramendi gets on at Madrid this season, he was class for Sociedad last season - potentially the best water carrier since Makelele.

Think Raphael Varane has the makings of being one of the best centre halfs in a long, long time too.

In terms of more glamorous positions (water carriers and centre halves can't be superstars, can they :wink:) think everyone has already said Gotze and Isco, but Julian Draxler and Lucas Moura are quality too :agree:

Slightly off topic.....how long will it be before Wilfried Zaha is hailed by the press as the next Rooney Pele:greengrin