PDA

View Full Version : GOC in trouble again

macca70
21-06-2013, 12:16 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4978379/Youre-under-a-vest-Garry.html

Garry up to no good, again.

Unseen work
21-06-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4978379/Youre-under-a-vest-Garry.html

You'll need to copy and paste the link as doesn't work as a link.

Seeing stuff like this really frustrates me, he was a great player plenty of teams wanting him and could of went very far, they all seem to fail to realise what a privileged position they are in! Even last season in the first 6 months he was very good for us and that was him half effort. He looks an absolute mess... Real shame

kdhibees1
21-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Waster!!!!

Keith_M
21-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Worth a one year contract? :dunno:

:duck:

21-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Could have had such a great career if he had just cut out all the nonsense and stayed clear of the drugs. The guy seems to think that because he is a professional football player it gives him the God given right to strut about doing what he likes. Shame really but the guys an idiot and wasted the chance to have a very successful career.

Good goal scorer and his goals proberly were the reason we stayed up last season but I would never have him back at ER again as the guy clearly, despite all efforts to help him, just can't keep his nose clean (literally!) and seems to make the front pages more than the back. We don't need someone like that in our dressing room that obviously has quite an inflated ego and arrogance. The fact he went up town partying after last years disastrous cup final was just a complete slap in the face to the club and us fans. Extremely disrespectful, especially since hibs have done a lot for him over the years.

The guy needs to grow up. He's a father yet he's still carrying on like a silly immature laddie.

Hibercelona
21-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Looking real gangster there Garry.

:rolleyes:

essexhibee
21-06-2013, 01:04 PM
God almighty. Seems like he's heading for an early grave.

SlickShoes
21-06-2013, 01:05 PM
What a mess of a guy.

heretoday
21-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Pathetic but I suppose he made his mark.

Thecat23
21-06-2013, 01:25 PM
He'll never play football again unless its Sunday league. Clown of a man who really had so much potential.

calumhibee1
21-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I hate him.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2013, 01:32 PM
A real waster.

Could have had it all and has totally blown it. Absolute ersehole.

silverhibee
21-06-2013, 01:32 PM
I hate him.

:confused:

Keith_M
21-06-2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4978379/Youre-under-a-vest-Garry.html (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4978379/Youre-under-a-vest-Garry.html)

Link as a...ehm link.

bigwheel
21-06-2013, 01:43 PM
I hate him.

what a strange thing to say...bet you weren't saying that when he rattled in the winner v Hearts, or scored in the 3-0 cup win at Ibrox? etc etc.....

do you know him? if not how can you hate someone you only know through media?

calumhibee1
21-06-2013, 01:55 PM
what a strange thing to say...bet you weren't saying that when he rattled in the winner v Hearts, or scored in the 3-0 cup win at Ibrox? etc etc.....

do you know him? if not how can you hate someone you only know through media?

I'm sure the folk calling him an @rsehole etc don't know him either. And I didn't hate him when he rattled in the winner V Hearts, or when he scored at Ibrox. But at that point he wasn't getting caught on the charlie, drink driving, driving under the influence of drugs etc every weekend.

silverhibee
21-06-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm sure the folk calling him an @rsehole etc don't know him either. And I didn't hate him when he rattled in the winner V Hearts, or when he scored at Ibrox. But at that point he wasn't getting caught on the charlie, drink driving, driving under the influence of drugs etc every weekend.

So why hate him now.

Squealing pig
21-06-2013, 02:08 PM
He likes a line. Like other people his age. He doesn't use benefits or drug deal money like many. Why can't he spend his money on what he likes ?

Centre Hawf
21-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Not to spoil the hate brigade but, what's he done now? We already knew he was up for they charges did we not? Or is it a crime to wear a vest?

macca70
21-06-2013, 02:12 PM
He likes a line. Like other people his age. He doesn't use benefits or drug deal money like many. Why can't he spend his money on what he likes ?

He can spend his money on what he wants but if he chooses to do that outside the law then he'll have to accept the consequences. Not going to be much of a father from inside a prison cell though, is he?

steviehibsleith
21-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Not to spoil the hate brigade but, what's he done now? We already knew he was up for they charges did we not? Or is it a crime to wear a vest?
This is a drink/drug driving offence that happened on Wednesday so pretty new. Alleged of course

Pretty Boy
21-06-2013, 02:15 PM

When it directly impacted on Hibs, as it did for much of his last spell with us, then I have an issue with it.

Driving under the influence is also utterly despicable and I have a problem with that too.

Squealing pig
21-06-2013, 02:16 PM
He an spend his money on what he wants but if he chooses to do that outside the law then he'll have to accept the consequences. Not going to be much of a father from inside a prison cell though, is he?

He'll no get the jail he never murdered anyone. I'm sure it's out his system by the time he gets his kids ;)

TheFamous1875
21-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Or is it a crime to wear a vest?

Should be. We're not in 'California'! It's that Hollister! George street just never seems to do any good !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

John_the_angus_hibby
21-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Can't hate him. But very sad at how he is wasting his gift and opportunity and how on this path he will end up a very bad place. For him and probably his family. A flawed human being.

Great shame. I prefer to remember him in his Hibs days alongside Deek, living his dream and ours.

We are not haters of fellow Hibees folks.

Mon Dieu4
21-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I've been in his company a few times and he's great felly, just daft as a brush and keeps getting grabbed doing stupid things

shame as he had a great talent

Centre Hawf
21-06-2013, 02:25 PM
This is a drink/drug driving offence that happened on Wednesday so pretty new. Alleged of course

ah right, yeah I just re-read the article. I assumed it was for his previous one and I thought you spent a night in the cells prior to most court cases or something. You can tell i've never been in trouble with the law eh :greengrin

LeighLoyal
21-06-2013, 02:43 PM
looks in good shape. Would have him and Deek back in a heartbeat.

The_Exile
21-06-2013, 02:49 PM
My old boy used to always say "You're not a failure if you don't succeed, you're a failure if you don't ever bother your erse trying". GOC encapsulates that to the very last word, the potential to be a superstar, but didn't even try, didn't even bother his erse.

I hope his wee ones don't think his actions are acceptable behaviour.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2013, 02:53 PM

You'll need to copy and paste the link as doesn't work as a link.

same vests I wear to my kip!

Hibernia Na Eir
21-06-2013, 02:54 PM
if GOC had been a goalie, he'd have been GOC WAN (1) ;)

Treadstone
21-06-2013, 03:01 PM
looks in good shape. Would have him and Deek back in a heartbeat.

:fishin:

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2013, 03:53 PM

Try telling my husband that. I've been trying to bin his vests for years!

bigwheel
21-06-2013, 04:10 PM

Why should the way he lives his life , make you hate him ?? .... What difference does it make to you ?

heretoday
21-06-2013, 04:12 PM
He gave us some great times at ER and I suppose that given the money and opportunities many of us would have succumbed to the fleshpots.

I hope he gets himself sorted out.

patch1875
21-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Seen him in the gym a couple of weeks ago, looked in fairly good shape.

Keith_M
21-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I certainly don't hate the guy but I insist on the right to consider him a prat.

I also insist on the right to consider anyone else that's drunk or coked up to the eyeballs while driving a prat.

HFC 0-7
21-06-2013, 07:23 PM

He can spend his money where he likes, although drugs are against the law so people will have a problem with that as well I would imagine. the point I think most are probably annoyed with is his being unfit behind a wheel be it on drugs or alcohol. People like this dont think its a problem until they wipe out some innocent pedestrian or driver.

Frazerbob
21-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Any parent who behaves the way he does is despicable IMO.

MWHIBBIES
21-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Seeing stuff like this makes me pleased that he is nowhere near our club anymore, waster.

Iggy Pope
21-06-2013, 08:48 PM
A waste of a head he might be, but he hasn't killed or maimed anyone, so it's difficult to understand the spite shown towards a player who gave us plenty in his time and generated a big transfer fee for the club.

Ian Brady - currently in the news again - there is a man to hate.

Mr White
21-06-2013, 08:58 PM
he hasn't killed or maimed anyone
If he's driving under the influence he's putting lives on the line. I don't hate him but I do pity him cos I don't think he'll ever seek the help he requires. Behaving that way as a parent doesn't tend to bring out peoples sympathetic side.

Iggy Pope
21-06-2013, 09:05 PM
If he's driving under the influence he's putting lives on the line. I don't hate him but I do pity him cos I don't think he'll ever seek the help he requires. Behaving that way as a parent doesn't tend to bring out peoples sympathetic side ether.

I can't and won't disagree with any of that, but this far he appears to have damaged no-one but himself.

(Bit in bold) It does evidently bring out peoples reactionary side though.

Mr White
21-06-2013, 09:08 PM
(Bit in bold) It does evidently bring out peoples reactionary side though.
Certainly does.

erin-go-bragh87
21-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Can't hate him. But very sad at how he is wasting his gift and opportunity and how on this path he will end up a very bad place. For him and probably his family. A flawed human being.

Great shame. I prefer to remember him in his Hibs days alongside Deek, living his dream and ours.

We are not haters of fellow Hibees folks.

Great post. Totally agree with this!

Hibs Class
21-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Sad to see him like this. His Hibs connection is more or less irrelevant just now. I just hope he can get himself sorted out and create a future he can be content with, and proud of.

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2013, 10:51 PM
What a tosser, will he ever be a responsible adult.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-06-2013, 10:55 PM
He'll no get the jail he never murdered anyone. I'm sure it's out his system by the time he gets his kids ;)

Not just murderers who go to jail. Repeat offenders are likely to get a custodial sentence. He probably wont get jailed this time if found guilty but unless he gets his act together he will in future. Sad really.

silverhibee
21-06-2013, 11:17 PM
What a tosser, will he ever be a responsible adult.

Even responsible adult Hibs legends of the past sometimes fall by the way side.

GOC has a serious problem which he needs to get help for again, and i hope he does.

He is now a ex player with Hibs who gave us some great times while he wore the jersey, this recent charge has no affect to Hibs and the fans, what i am surprised with is that two ex Hibs players have been charged by the police this week and not for the first time either, but one is being lauded as he is doing it to get a move back to Hibs by supposedly going out his way to get in to bother so that his club Wolves get rid of him, the other is at the end of his career and had a good time at the club also and made it a few bob too with his transfer and is being spoken about like he is satan himself.

Two are both fathers but it seems only one is a despicable father, how does that work out. :confused:

silverhibee
21-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Not just murderers who go to jail. Repeat offenders are likely to get a custodial sentence. He probably wont get jailed this time if found guilty but unless he gets his act together he will in future. Sad really.

I heard the PF tried to oppose his bail today and wanted to remand him in custody because he is already out on bail for drug charges, but as you say if this stuff doesn't stop he is only heading to one place, and that is the big hoose sadly.

lEXO
21-06-2013, 11:27 PM

GOC has a serious problem which he needs to get help for again, and i hope he does.

He is now a ex player with Hibs who gave us some great times while he wore the jersey, this recent charge has no affect to Hibs and the fans, what i am surprised with is that two ex Hibs players have been charged by the police this week and not for the first time either, but one is being lauded as he is doing it to get a move back to Hibs by supposedly going out his way to get in to bother so that his club Wolves get rid of him, the other is at the end of his career and had a good time at the club also and made it a few bob too with his transfer and is being spoken about like he is satan himself.

Two are both fathers but it seems only one is a despicable father, how does that work out. :confused:Agree with all of this. Good post man

Frazerbob
21-06-2013, 11:28 PM

Two are both fathers but it seems only one is a despicable father, how does that work out. :confused:

There's a big difference between the misdemeanours of the two IMO. For a father to be involved in serious drug offences is far worse than nicking a bottle of juice or sticking up for yourself when some radge is abusing you.

However for the real reason why GOC gets very little sympathy from Hibs fans you need to look no further than his actions after the 2012 cup final. That alienated many.

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2013, 11:30 PM
I heard the PF tried to oppose his bail today and wanted to remand him in custody because he is already out on bail for drug charges, but as you say if this stuff doesn't stop he is only heading to one place, and that is the big hoose sadly.

Why would Pat Fenlon want him locked up? :wink:

silverhibee
22-06-2013, 12:03 AM
There's a big difference between the misdemeanours of the two IMO. For a father to be involved in serious drug offences is far worse than nicking a bottle of juice or sticking up for yourself when some radge is abusing you.

However for the real reason why GOC gets very little sympathy from Hibs fans you need to look no further than his actions after the 2012 cup final. That alienated many.

Yes one is racking up the charges while he is a young lad and i think you know you left a charge out, probably the most serious one to, the tweet charge, which if found guilty of all these charges could find himself in the jail, the local lad on the street would have been remanded in custody for the recent charge of assault as he wouldn't get bail again so Leigh is a lucky lad to be walking the streets.

GOC is at the end of his career and will probably never play football again, if he goes to jail for the drug charges he won't be ruining his football career, his family will suffer and that is a shame for them, but he has a problem and it just ain't that easy to stop just like that, you will no that with the business you are in.

As for your last paragraph, not got a clue what game you are talking about. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
22-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Why would Pat Fenlon want him locked up? :wink:

Just in case Rod goes all goey and starts crying about GOC again and decides to sign him again. :wink: :greengrin

Pat taking no chances but his plan failed due to GOC brief knowing the law more than Pat. :greengrin

NOLA
22-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Maybe a spell in saughton might do him some good, he keeps getting away with his wee crimes, maybe thinks he will never get locked up? Yes he has a problem and jail isn't the answer but it might be the kick up the erse dose of reality he sorely needs, I pity the man and that saddens me a lot :(

WellingtonHibby
22-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Fat lad.

sambajustice
22-06-2013, 04:48 AM
Complete bum hole!

steviehibsleith
22-06-2013, 07:08 AM
For quite sometime I have been in the against corner and often berated the guy.
I noww think the guy has a genuine problem with drugs and with all people who have a real issue drugs/alcohol/gambling im going to lay off the abuse and just wish him good luck and remember the goals.

not sure if i have the correct name Michael Johnson Man City got ripped for overweight waster pics one day then found had real issues and everyone suddenly left him alone ......

MrRobot
22-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Nob.

3pm
22-06-2013, 07:51 AM
No time for Garry.

All to do with his reaction after the Hearts cup final.

Black Kyle
22-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Can't believe some of the insensitivity and intolerance on this thread, especially with his Hibs history.

He hasn't 'got away with' anything.

We all make poor choices and decisions, hopefully to learn from them. I don't think Garry's there as yet but hope he gets sorted out and back to playing at some level.

.Sean.
22-06-2013, 08:47 AM
What a shame. He's really no different to a lot of folk his age and younger, but he's in the public eye so his actions have more serious consequences and complications when he's found out.

I've met him numerous times and he's genuinely a good guy - I'll remember him fondly for his time at Hibs and forget the personal stuff. It does seem he's developed a serious problem over the years though so I hope he sorts himself out, for the sake of his family if nothing else.

Judas Iscariot
22-06-2013, 09:30 AM
What a shame. He's really no different to a lot of folk his age and younger, but he's in the public eye so his actions have more serious consequences and complications when he's found out.

I've met him numerous times and he's genuinely a good guy - I'll remember him fondly for his time at Hibs and forget the personal stuff. It does seem he's developed a serious problem over the years though so I hope he sorts himself out, for the sake of his family if nothing else.

A bit sense at last :agree:

Frazerbob
22-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Yes one is racking up the charges while he is a young lad and i think you know you left a charge out, probably the most serious one to, the tweet charge, which if found guilty of all these charges could find himself in the jail, the local lad on the street would have been remanded in custody for the recent charge of assault as he wouldn't get bail again so Leigh is a lucky lad to be walking the streets.

GOC is at the end of his career and will probably never play football again, if he goes to jail for the drug charges he won't be ruining his football career, his family will suffer and that is a shame for them, but he has a problem and it just ain't that easy to stop just like that, you will no that with the business you are in.

As for your last paragraph, not got a clue what game you are talking about. :wink: :greengrin

I disagree regarding the Tweet charge. A complete mountain out of a mole hill IMO. If you think that is any thing near as bad as a father driving whilst pissed or out of it on pills & powders and the various drug procession charges then, with respect, you couldn't be more wrong IMO. Stage of career is irrelevant also but GOC has already ruined his career. He should still be in his prime, playing in the SPL at the very least and representing his country. The fact that he isn't is solely down to himself and his "problems".

Having said all that, Griffiths has also been a twat and I'm not sure why this has become a "who's the bigger fanny" debate. Both of them, as parents, need to get a grip and fast or it won't just be their own lives they wreck.

East Coast Hibe
22-06-2013, 11:18 AM

Thats nonesense

superfurryhibby
22-06-2013, 11:23 AM
The usual holy willies creaming themselves with righteous indignation. Let he is without sin and all that.

TheDude
22-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Some of the drugs chat on here is beyond naive. Taking drugs doesn't concur with having a drug problem, plenty people happily indulge in controlled substances in safe and responsible manner.

I have no idea if GOC is one of these people but recreational use of drugs really isn't worth getting worked up about. Apart from the obvious legalities of using these substances I see no difference in this or getting hammered in the local boozer.

Understandably his former profession as a athlete of sorts doesn't generally mix with this sort of thing but failed potential is hardly a reason to hate the guy.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Some of the drugs chat on here is beyond naive. Taking drugs doesn't concur with having a drug problem, plenty people happily indulge in controlled substances in safe and responsible manner.

I have no idea if GOC is one of these people but recreational use of drugs really isn't worth getting worked up about. Apart from the obvious legalities of using these substances I see no difference in this or getting hammered in the local boozer.

Understandably his former profession as a athlete of sorts doesn't generally mix with this sort of thing but failed potential is hardly a reason to hate the guy.

If he chooses to indulge in a few lines and it doesnt have an effect in Hibs then I frankly couldn't care less.

When he then makes the decision to get behind thevwheel of a car that becomes a whole new issue and a far more serious one.

I don't remember anyone making excuses for Ryan Stevenson a few weeks ago when he was involved in very similar.

Capt Mainwaring
22-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Sad waste of talent.

hibsbollah
23-06-2013, 07:18 AM

:agree:

Some classless fuddery on this thread.

How any Hibs fan can 'hate' O'Connor is beyond me. 58 goals for the club, part of our best strike partnership in a generation, the winner in the Brebner red card derby, the Jankauskas red card derby, the 'Hibs are my club' chat. And its often forgotten that he trained like a lunatic at the start of his second spell in 2011 and started the season looking in shape, I personally saw him pounding up and down Arthurs Seat a couple of times with a fitness coach. He scored 10 in 11 at the start of 2011, when he was our ONLY player performing for us. In those days we genuinely looked like a one man team and would have gone down without him IMO.

500miles
23-06-2013, 07:24 AM
He's definately got a problem with drugs. A lot of people use them and will be fine, but Gaz clearly isn't one of them. He needs help, not finger pointing and judgement.